06-17-2019, 09:48 AM
NBA Draft June 20th 2019
NBA Free Agency begins 6 PM East June 30th
NBA Draft order below
Full 2019 NBA Draft Order
1 1 New Orleans Pelicans Zion Williamson F Duke
1 2 Memphis Grizzlies JA Morant PG Murray State
1 3 New York Knicks RJ Barrett PG Duke
1 4 Atlanta Hawks (Via New Orleans Pelicans Via Los Angeles Lakers) De'Andre Hunter F Virginia
1 5 Cleveland Cavaliers Darius Garland PG Vanderbilt
1 6 Minnesota Timberwolves (Via Suns) Jarrett Culver SG Texas Tech
1 7 Chicago Bulls Coby White PG North Carolina
1 8 New Orleans Pelicans Via Atlanta Hawks Jaxson Hayes C Texas (Son of former Chiefs player Jonathan Hayes)
1 9 Washington Wizards Rui Hachimura PF Gonzaga
1 10 Atlanta Hawks (from Dallas) Cam Reddish SF Duke
1 11 Phoenix Suns (From TWolves) Cameron Johnson SF North Carolina
1 12 Charlotte Hornets PJ Washington Jr. PF Kentucky
1 13 Miami Heat Tyler Herro SG Kentucky
1 14 Boston Celtics (from Sacramento via Philadelphia) Romeo Langford SG Indiana
1 15 Detroit Pistons Sekou Doumboya PF France
1 16 Orlando Magic Chum Okeke PF Auburn
1 17 New Orleans Pelicans (from Atlanta via Brooklyn) Nickeil Alexander-Walker SG Virginia Tech
1 18 Indiana Pacers Goga Bitadze C Georgia
1 19 San Antonio Spurs Luka Samanic PF Croatia
1 20 Boston Celtics (from LA Clippers via Memphis) (Traded to 76ers) Mattise Thybulle SF Washington
1 21 Memphis Grizzlies (Traded to Memphis) Brandon Clarke PF Gonzaga
1 22 Boston Celtics Grant Williams PF Tennessee
1 23 Utah Jazz (Traded to Memphis) (Traded to Oklahoma City) Darius Bazely SF HS from Cincy
1 24 Philadelphia 76ers (Traded to Phoenix Via Boston) Ty Jerome PG Virginia
1 25 Portland Trail Blazers Nassir Little SF North Carolina
1 26 Cleveland Cavaliers (from Houston) Dylan Windler SF Belmont
1 27 Brooklyn Nets (from Denver To Clippers) Mfiondu Kabengele C Florida State
1 28 Golden State Warriors Jordan Poole SG Michigan
1 29 San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto) Keldon Johnson SF Kentucky
1 30 Milwaukee Bucks (Traded to Cleveland) Kevin Porter Jr. SG USC

staylor26
06-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Hoping the Pelicans getting the #4 pick allows Garland to fall to the Bulls.

Titty Meat
06-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Will be interested to see where my guy Isiah Roby is going

Hoopsdoc
06-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Pacers rule!!!!

TLO
06-17-2019, 03:19 PM
I wish the NFL has an off-season like the NBA. Feels like there is zero downtime.

Titty Meat
06-17-2019, 07:42 PM
I really hope the Lakers somehow get Roby but I've seen the Bulls, Mavs and Sixers are the most likely to draft him. Would love if he went to Philly.

Naptown Chief
06-17-2019, 08:05 PM
I wish the NFL has an off-season like the NBA. Feels like there is zero downtime.

In all fairness they play 82 games. Then each round is best of 7. NBA and NHL playoffs last nearly as long as the NFL season ROFL

Al Bundy
06-17-2019, 09:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Timberwolves?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Timberwolves</a> are aggressively shopping Andrew Wiggins, per league source.</p>&mdash; Trey Rodriguez (@TreyRodriguezNY) <a href="https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/1140794758576689153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eleazar
06-17-2019, 09:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Timberwolves?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Timberwolves</a> are aggressively shopping Andrew Wiggins, per league source.</p>&mdash; Trey Rodriguez (@TreyRodriguezNY) <a href="https://twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/1140794758576689153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

worst contract ever

DJ's left nut
06-18-2019, 09:24 AM

I'm sure they are.

Now who wants to actually pay that guy $122 million over the next 4 seasons?

What a staggeringly awful contract. The only hope they have of moving it is attaching additional assets to it and sending it to a team w/ a load of cap space and nobody to spend it on.

You know the Knicks, Nets, 76ers and Clippers aren't giving up any of their space for him.

So unless a team like the Hawks wants to take him on in exchange for also getting the Wolves 11 overall pick, I don't see them getting him moved. And even if they can swing that, what do they do with the newfound cap space, especially when they've traded away their 1st rounder?

I guess they already got KAT signed to his max extension so they don't have to worry about him bolting, but at the same time, they don't want to surround the guy with chaff when he's entering his prime and that's kinda what they appear to be looking at with that plan.

RealSNR
06-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Glen Taylor might just be the worst owner of all sports leagues.

He's micromanaging and overbearing when he needs to shut the **** up, and he's silent when changes need to be made.

The Wiggins extension was completely unnecessary at the time when it was negotiated and signed. And he's the braindead idiot who pushed for and demanded it.

mcaj22
06-18-2019, 11:02 AM
if the Wiz were smart they would absorb that Wiggins contract and take the pick asset. The next four are in the shitter anyway cause of John Walls contract. Find a third team to take Beal and even more assets. Give the Wolves back slop only for the trouble. School of Hinkie 101

Chief Pagan
06-18-2019, 11:29 AM

Yes. It would be awesome entertainment to spend the off season wondering what picks LA will give up when Mahomes demands a trade.

Eleazar
06-18-2019, 12:25 PM
They're going to have to give up more than the #11 to get rid of him.

Wiggins is the worst thing that ever happened to that team.

Titty Meat
06-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Wiggins was overrated even in college. Never got the love for that guy he's an overrated Kerry Kittles.

BWillie
06-18-2019, 01:41 PM
I would pick DeAndre Hunter if I had the 3rd pick.

If any GM picks Cam Reddish Top 10 they are getting fired. He was almost as bad as Grimes was. He got even more opportunities to just jack up relentless shots without even being the focal point of the offense and still couldn't do anything efficiently.

Jaxon Hayes is going to go way to high. Romeo Langford too low.

OKC will draft some guy who can't shoot.

If the Pelicans get De'Andre Hunter & Zion Williamson - that could be a dynasty team in a few years.

DJ's left nut
06-18-2019, 01:54 PM
I would pick DeAndre Hunter if I had the 3rd pick.

If any GM picks Cam Reddish Top 10 they are getting fired. He was almost as bad as Grimes was. He got even more opportunities to just jack up relentless shots without even being the focal point of the offense and still couldn't do anything efficiently.

Jaxon Hayes is going to go way to high. Romeo Langford too low.

OKC will draft some guy who can't shoot.

If the Pelicans get De'Andre Hunter & Zion Williamson - that could be a dynasty team in a few years.

You'd take him over Zion, Morant and Barrett?

Just seems a little shy in raw athleticism to justify that pick. And I prefer Culver to him as well. Ultimately both of those guys are more floor than ceiling, though. That's why I didn't really mind moving the 4 in this draft.

If the Lakers couldn't figure out a way to get it up to 3, then I didn't care that much. Those 2 have upside concerns, Garland's injury history, Reddish's...well whatever the hell makes a guy that freakish end up a mediocre player. White, Little, the furner with the impossible name....just toss all their names in a hat.

It was a 3-man draft (really a 1+2) with maybe 3 guys after that being slightly better prospects than the next dozen and a whole lot of 'who gives a shit' among said dozen.

BWillie
06-18-2019, 03:22 PM
You'd take him over Zion, Morant and Barrett?

Just seems a little shy in raw athleticism to justify that pick. And I prefer Culver to him as well. Ultimately both of those guys are more floor than ceiling, though. That's why I didn't really mind moving the 4 in this draft.

If the Lakers couldn't figure out a way to get it up to 3, then I didn't care that much. Those 2 have upside concerns, Garland's injury history, Reddish's...well whatever the hell makes a guy that freakish end up a mediocre player. White, Little, the furner with the impossible name....just toss all their names in a hat.

It was a 3-man draft (really a 1+2) with maybe 3 guys after that being slightly better prospects than the next dozen and a whole lot of 'who gives a shit' among said dozen.

No I said with the third pick. I am not high on Barrett. I mean, he's a Top 10 pick but I think he's extremely overrated. He's a chucker, but he could develop into something. I just think the ceiling for Reddish is an NBA 7th man though. If somebody drafts Reddish ahead of Hunter I question their sanity.

Hunter would have put up HUGE numbers in a higher tempo team. He was impressive nonetheless and he's a fantastic defender. I would even listen to an argument that he could be #2 in front of Morant - but I still have Morant #2.

I think Hunter has future All-Star written all over him. I actually like his ceiling, although Zion's is a bit higher.

DJ's left nut
06-18-2019, 03:26 PM
No I said with the third pick. I am not high on Barrett. I mean, he's a Top 10 pick but I think he's extremely overrated. He's a chucker, but he could develop into something. I just think the ceiling for Reddish is an NBA 7th man.

Hunter would have put up HUGE numbers in a higher tempo team. What he did is impressive and he's a fantastic defender. I would even listen to an argument that he could be #2 in front of Morant - but I still have Morant #2.

I think Hunter has future All-Star written all over him. I actually like his ceiling, although Zion's is a bit higher.

Yeah, I didn't make that point very clear. I meant 'would you take him with ANY of those 3 on the board' and evidently Barrett is your man out.

Aight. Imma disagree with you because I don't think he can be a true star but more of a very good complementary player whereas Barrett can be a genuine star.

I just think the NBA is such a star driven league that if you ever have a chance to get someone who could be a genuine top 15 player, you have to take him and damn the consequences. I don't see that with Hunter. I don't see it as likely with Barrett, but it's a possibility. So even with Hunter having a safer floor, I'd have to go with Barrett at that spot.

BWillie
06-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I didn't make that point very clear. I meant 'would you take him with ANY of those 3 on the board' and evidently Barrett is your man out.

Aight. Imma disagree with you because I don't think he can be a true star but more of a very good complementary player whereas Barrett can be a genuine star.

I just think the NBA is such a star driven league that if you ever have a chance to get someone who could be a genuine top 15 player, you have to take him and damn the consequences. I don't see that with Hunter. I don't see it as likely with Barrett, but it's a possibility. So even with Hunter having a safer floor, I'd have to go with Barrett at that spot.

I bet the same people said that about Kawhi Leonard. I think Hunter is similar, and is a better shooter & probably a tad taller.

DJ's left nut
06-18-2019, 03:40 PM
I bet the same people said that about Kawhi Leonard. I think Hunter is similar, and is a better shooter & probably a tad taller.

The same people said that about dozens of guys who eventually became forgettable role-players.

Citing an exception doesn't help the rule any.

There's a WAY bigger chance of him becoming Trevor Ariza (who I love, by the way) than of him becoming Kawhi Leonard. The difference is that Trevor Ariza will be a great role player who helps a team win a championship someday as their 3 and D, 4th option or even 6th man.

But I just don't see star potential there. Now if you're the Knicks and think you can get two Max stars to sign there, maybe Hunter is the play because of how well he can complement those guys. But at that point I still think you try to leverage the asset a bit and trade down because coming out of the box, Barrett has more value.

Pitt Gorilla
06-18-2019, 03:50 PM
The same people said that about dozens of guys who eventually became forgettable role-players.

Citing an exception doesn't help the rule any.

There's a WAY bigger chance of him becoming Trevor Ariza (who I love, by the way) than of him becoming Kawhi Leonard. The difference is that Trevor Ariza will be a great role player who helps a team win a championship someday as their 3 and D, 4th option or even 6th man.

But I just don't see star potential there. Now if you're the Knicks and think you can get two Max stars to sign there, maybe Hunter is the play because of how well he can complement those guys. But at that point I still think you try to leverage the asset a bit and trade down because coming out of the box, Barrett has more value.Whatever it takes to get Barrett to fall to 4.

TambaBerry
06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Wiggins was overrated even in college. Never got the love for that guy he's an overrated Kerry Kittles.

Wiggins could be a great player but the dude doesn't have that right and desire

TambaBerry
06-18-2019, 04:16 PM
I don't like Zion, he's not going to be this world beater that everyone thinks he is. My favorite player in this draft is Morant, but if you're the top pick there is no way you can pick him over zion

Titty Meat
06-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Bol Bol is the most slept on player in the draft. He will average 20 a game just might never be healthy.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Is the draft always like 5 days after the Finals? It seems crazy to me, but I guess it has become that the past few years.

PAChiefsGuy
06-18-2019, 06:25 PM
I don't like Zion, he's not going to be this world beater that everyone thinks he is. My favorite player in this draft is Morant, but if you're the top pick there is no way you can pick him over zion

Why do you say that about Zion? I don't watch college bball so I am just curious.

BWillie
06-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Is the draft always like 5 days after the Finals? It seems crazy to me, but I guess it has become that the past few years.

They do that so I can get over served & watch it in Vegas.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 06:58 PM
Why do you say that about Zion? I don't watch college bball so I am just curious.
Zion just isn't that skilled and he can't really shoot yet. Was overly reliant on his athleticism in college basketball.

Deberg_1990
06-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Zion just isn't that skilled and he can't really shoot yet. Was overly reliant on his athleticism in college basketball.

Has there ever been a young NBA prospect who’s fully formed when he comes out?

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Has there ever been a young NBA prospect who’s fully formed when he comes out?
Perry Ellis.

-King-
06-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Bill self better be thanking embiid everyday because other than him, KU has put out some shitty ass players in the league. Josh Jackson is about to be traded by the suns for a 2nd round pick 2 years after being drafted 4th. That's pretty terrible.

tk13
06-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Sounds like the Lakers are basically trying to dump everyone who is not LeBron, AD or Kuzma just to create another max slot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lakers are trying to expand Anthony Davis trade and create ability to open max salary slot on July 6, sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BobbyMarks42</a> and me. Lakers offering contracts of Mo Wagner/Jemerrio Jones/Isaac Bonga to additional teams, so LA can satisfy CBA rules on creating $32M in space.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141134741808308225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie
06-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Bill self better be thanking embiid everyday because other than him, KU has put out some shitty ass players in the league. Josh Jackson is about to be traded by the suns for a 2nd round pick 2 years after being drafted 4th. That's pretty terrible.

Why would Bill Self need to thank Embiid? And wouldn't that be a testament to his coaching ability if nobody other than Embiid became elite?

Titty Meat
06-18-2019, 10:05 PM

Yeah the talent hes sent to the NBA has been trash but has that really mattered? Aside from the past year hes had arguably more success than any other coach in college basketball. Callapari for example has sent of talent to the NBA but IMO hes underachieved.

BigCatDaddy
06-18-2019, 10:20 PM
Sounds like the Lakers are basically trying to dump everyone who is not LeBron, AD or Kuzma just to create another max slot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lakers are trying to expand Anthony Davis trade and create ability to open max salary slot on July 6, sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BobbyMarks42</a> and me. Lakers offering contracts of Mo Wagner/Jemerrio Jones/Isaac Bonga to additional teams, so LA can satisfy CBA rules on creating $32M in space.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141134741808308225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Superteam #3. Here we go.

DJ's left nut
06-19-2019, 07:26 AM

Rumors are that they're gonna have to include Kuzma in a deal to make that happen.

Then again, The Rumors are also that Kuzma won't be traded because he has a habit of re-arranging Jeanie Buss's organs on the reg, so there's that...

DJ's left nut
06-19-2019, 07:27 AM
Why would Bill Self need to thank Embiid? And wouldn't that be a testament to his coaching ability if nobody other than Embiid became elite?

The person Self needs to thank is Mario Chalmers.

Without that one shot, his entire career is looked at very differently...

-King-
06-19-2019, 09:12 AM

It's a testament that he gets great recruits and barely develops them enough to translate to the pro game like other big time coaches/programs.

KC_Connection
06-19-2019, 09:15 AM
As a KU fan, all I care about is that Self produces results in NCAA with the guys that he has, not whether guys who stayed at KU for a year become good NBA players. There are a number of reasons why many of those guys have failed, most of which come back to them just not being that good in the first place (see Wiggins).

BWillie
06-19-2019, 09:36 AM
It's a testament that he gets great recruits and barely develops them enough to translate to the pro game like other big time coaches/programs.

Wait wait wait, you think college coaches are the prime source of development for a OAD player? That that makes or breaks their career? Ha.

I think it's more along the line of, if you are going to be a HOF or All-Star, no college coach is going to develop you into one or not. College coaches might help you develop quicker, but it's up to you to reach your max potential and that has nothing to do with college coaches.

Eleazar
06-19-2019, 10:05 AM
As a KU fan, all I care about is that Self produces results in NCAA with the guys that he has, not whether guys who stayed at KU for a year become good NBA players. There are a number of reasons why many of those guys have failed, most of which come back to them just not being that good in the first place (see Wiggins).

When you couple being overrated with a don't-give-a-flip attitude, you end up with Wiggins.

-King-
06-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Wait wait wait, you think college coaches are the prime source of development for a OAD player? That that makes or breaks their career? Ha.

I think it's more along the line of, if you are going to be a HOF or All-Star, no college coach is going to develop you into one or not. College coaches might help you develop quicker, but it's up to you to reach your max potential and that has nothing to do with college coaches.

I think colleges can prepare players to play in the league. And some coaches are better at preparing players for the league and some aren't. You don't? I mean, there's a reason college coaches talk about the players theyve gotten to the league when talking to recruits.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:29 AM
I think colleges can prepare players to play in the league. And some coaches are better at preparing players for the league and some aren't. You don't? I mean, there's a reason college coaches talk about the players theyve gotten to the league when talking to recruits.

Yeah, but it's just salesmanship.

-King-
06-19-2019, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but it's just salesmanship.

So you don't think coaches try to prepare kids to go to the league? Do you think Calipari is just lucky with the number of players that go to the league and are either stars or good contributors? Or do you think he actively tries to develop them to play in the NBA?

-King-
06-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Mike Conley traded to Utah. Great move for them.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:52 AM
So you don't think coaches try to prepare kids to go to the league? Do you think Calipari is just lucky with the number of players that go to the league and are either stars or good contributors? Or do you think he actively tries to develop them to play in the NBA?

That isn't Calipari's main goal despite what he gloats about in the media.

Nonetheless, how much influence & development can a coach have on a player in 9 months?

I might buy the argument for a four year player, but not a OAD. Even with a four year player, they haven't reached their potential by the time they are 22.

-King-
06-19-2019, 10:54 AM
That isn't Calipari's main goal despite what he gloats about in the media.

Nonetheless, how much influence & development can a coach have on a player in 9 months?

I might buy the argument for a four year player, but not a OAD. Even with a four year player, they haven't reached their potential by the time they are 22.

It doesn't have to be a main goal for it to be something you actively do. I just don't think it's a coincidence that both Cal and Self get top recruits but one of them has vastly better NBA players.

Titty Meat
06-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Mike Conley traded to Utah. Great move for them.

That contract tho

KC_Connection
06-19-2019, 11:02 AM
It doesn't have to be a main goal for it to be something you actively do. I just don't think it's a coincidence that both Cal and Self get top recruits but one of them has vastly better NBA players.
It also needs to be said that Cal gets way better recruits historically in his time at UK. Like it wasn't even close between him and anyone else for a while. Only recently has Duke/Coach K started taking some of that away from him.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Mike Conley traded to Utah. Great move for them.Love this for both teams, really. Be interesting to see if NO tries to move Holiday.

Chief Pagan
06-19-2019, 12:33 PM

Sure. But if you are going to play that game, Self has had some tournament losses where the opposing team won because of crazy 3 point shooting.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Mario Chamlers screwed me over. I had the Elite Eight correct expect Davidson, Final Four all correct. Had Memphis over Kansas in the Final. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

DJ's left nut
06-19-2019, 12:57 PM
That contract tho

And for his age 32 and 33 seasons.

That's...iffy.

You gotta figure it has a lot to do with trying to develop Donovan Mitchell, though. So there's some ancillary benefit there.

To me Conley has always been on the 'very good but not great' list and for the next 2 seasons he's going to be paid as one of the best players in the league. But that's just the cost of doing business for Utah - they aren't generally going to be players for big time FAs. They couldn't even manage to hold onto the guy that I never thought they'd lose in a million years - Gordon Hayward. Just damn bad luck there that Brad Stevens coaches the kid and then goes to Boston right when they had the cap space an opportunity to leap forward.

If Utah's gonna get as much as a top 30 player in there, they're gonna have to overpay for him it seems.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2019, 02:54 PM
And for his age 32 and 33 seasons.

That's...iffy.

You gotta figure it has a lot to do with trying to develop Donovan Mitchell, though. So there's some ancillary benefit there.

To me Conley has always been on the 'very good but not great' list and for the next 2 seasons he's going to be paid as one of the best players in the league. But that's just the cost of doing business for Utah - they aren't generally going to be players for big time FAs. They couldn't even manage to hold onto the guy that I never thought they'd lose in a million years - Gordon Hayward. Just damn bad luck there that Brad Stevens coaches the kid and then goes to Boston right when they had the cap space an opportunity to leap forward.

If Utah's gonna get as much as a top 30 player in there, they're gonna have to overpay for him it seems.Yup. They have to trade for the players they want, which really stinks.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2019, 05:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9WV4OIUwAEogCk.jpg

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2019, 05:38 PM

PG - Isiah Thomas
SG - Jerry West
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

staylor26
06-19-2019, 05:38 PM
PG- Thomas
SG- Klay
SF- Kawhi
PF- Garnett
C- Hakeem

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2019, 05:45 PM
PG- Thomas
SG- Klay
SF- Kawhi
PF- Garnett
C- Hakeem

Nice switch on the PG. Tough call between Isiah and Iverson.

staylor26
06-19-2019, 05:46 PM
Nice switch on the PG. Tough call between Isiah and Iverson.

I honestly forgot about Isiah till I saw your post lol.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2019, 06:00 PM
Nash or Payton
Klay
Giannis
Garnett
Dream

GloucesterChief
06-19-2019, 06:04 PM
PG: The Glove
SG: Reggie Miller
SF: Pippin
PF: Rodman
C: Dream

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 04:10 PM
https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-27018980
Atlanta has acquired New Orleans' No. 4 pick in the draft for No. 8 and 17 and 35, league sources tell ESPN. Pelicans are sending Solomon Hill, No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick. Atlanta is also sending sending Cleveland a heavily protected 2020 first-round pick. Atlanta is pursuing Virginia's De'Andre Hunter.

Jerm
06-20-2019, 04:20 PM
PG - Isaiah
SG - Jerry West
SF - Durant
PF - KG
C - Dream

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 05:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota has traded No. 11 and Dario Saric to Phoenix for the No. 6 pick in the draft, league source tells ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141831842594795521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2019</a></blockquote>

staylor26
06-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Please let Culver or Garland fall to #7.

It’ll probably be White though.

smithandrew051
06-20-2019, 05:40 PM
I get that Zion is an intriguing talent with a rare skill set...but the Pelicans were absolute trash with Anthony Davis. Is Zion realistically going to be that much better than AD? Zion may be a transcendent player, but he’s going to need help and that franchise hasn’t proven to be able to assemble the roster to be a contender.

staylor26
06-20-2019, 05:47 PM
I get that Zion is an intriguing talent with a rare skill set...but the Pelicans were absolute trash with Anthony Davis. Is Zion realistically going to be that much better than AD? Zion may be a transcendent player, but he’s going to need help and that franchise hasn’t proven to be able to assemble the roster to be a contender.

He’ll already have a better team around him than AD ever did.

KC_Connection
06-20-2019, 05:52 PM
Zion will not be anywhere close to as good as Anthony Davis. Ever.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Zion is Julius Randle with major hops.

smithandrew051
06-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Zion will not be anywhere close to as good as Anthony Davis. Ever.

I don’t think so either. I would be willing to bet the Pelicans are in this same situation in 3 or 4 years.

smithandrew051
06-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Zion is Julius Randle with major hops.

I see a more athletic Draymond Green. Probably less of a baby though.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Hunter screams 3 & D guy. Guess that does fit with Trae Young though.

KC_Connection
06-20-2019, 06:07 PM

PG-Steve Nash
SG-Jerry West
SF-Kawhi Leonard
PF-Kevin Garnett
C-Hakeen Olajuwon

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Chiefs alert - Jonathan Hayes son going to the Pelicans.

-King-
06-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Hawks have an amazing young core right now. If just one of these 2 picks hit they'll be dangerous in the east once they get their legs under them.

St. Patty's Fire
06-20-2019, 06:43 PM
lmao they were showing Mahomes tweet about Reddish on the broadcast

Literally taking over the world

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Does Jordan just draft players from Kentucky?

smithandrew051
06-20-2019, 06:58 PM
Hawks have an amazing young core right now. If just one of these 2 picks hit they'll be dangerous in the east once they get their legs under them.

I do like the two players they drafted tonight. Pretty good value overall

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 07:03 PM
Herro looks like a douche on South Beach. Should fit in.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Celtics are the biggest dumpster fire. They should get roasted more for being complete idiots.

Bewbies
06-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Hawks fans here in ATL are stoked. Not used to having something to get excited about with our basketball team...

The Franchise
06-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Why the fuck am I still a Suns fan? Jesus.

DJ's left nut
06-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Why the fuck am I still a Suns fan? Jesus.

They have to have something up their sleeves, right?

I mean cap space is the only way that deal makes sense. And even then, it was probably stupid.

They really must think Brooklyn is getting Kyrie and letting Russell go. What else makes sense?

LA fucked up royal by not getting the Davis deal done correctly to free up that 3rd max slot. It's very probably going to cost them a championship. But at least they got one of the top 5 players in the NBA and can figure out what the hell they're gonna do with the rest some other time.

The Suns and the Celtics, OTOH...well they just look to be stepping on their dicks for no good reason.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 08:38 PM
The Suns and the Celtics, OTOH...well they just look to be stepping on their dicks for no good reason.

I said this early about the Celtics. How come nobody is roasting them? They have been the dumbest fucking franchise by far.

KC_Connection
06-20-2019, 08:49 PM
I'm just waiting for the #59 pick.

lcarus
06-20-2019, 09:05 PM
So Orlando drafted Okeke. Hmm. He's good but kind of a reach no? I really want them to draft Admiral Schofield. He could go undrafted but I feel like he could be a good NBA player.

Titty Meat
06-20-2019, 09:31 PM
I cant believe Bol is still there. Yeah hea made of glass but hes a guy that can get you 20.

Titty Meat
06-20-2019, 09:38 PM
I will cum if GS takes my boy Roby

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 09:49 PM
Bol Bol going to Denver.

Titty Meat
06-20-2019, 10:12 PM
The Pistons yuck

DJ's left nut
06-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Anybody have anything to tell me about this kid from Iowa State?

Looks like he has the baseline athleticism of the fat kid in dodgeball. Dude can barely get off the floor and looks stiiiiiiiff. Like, are we sure he's not lugging around 30 lbs of McDonalds out there?

Looks smart and creative, but like he'll get run off the floor at the next level. I don't see how he can stay in front of/get around anybody.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 10:16 PM

Looks like he has the baseline athleticism of the fat kid in dodgeball. Dude can barely get off the floor and looks stiiiiiiiff. Like, are we sure he's not lugging around 30 lbs of McDonalds out there?

Looks smart and creative, but like he'll get run off the floor at the next level. I don't see how he can stay in front of/get around anybody.

Rich Paul is his agent.

Titty Meat
06-20-2019, 10:17 PM

Lakers better hope their big 3 dont get injured lol

DJ's left nut
06-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Rich Paul is his agent.

Well yeah.

I mean I knew why they took him, I was just curious if he might turn into some kind of new-age Khalid El-Amin.

Because afterall, what's more fun than rooting for a fat point guard?

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Well yeah.

I mean I knew why they took him, I was just curious if he might turn into some kind of new-age Khalid El-Amin.

Because afterall, what's more fun than rooting for a fat point guard?

I just know he has a 7'1" wingspan and 9.5" hands. That's about it.

Another topic, think how much money Jontay Porter has lost.

DJ's left nut
06-20-2019, 10:31 PM
I just know he has a 7'1" wingspan and 9.5" hands. That's about it.

Another topic, think how much money Jontay Porter has lost.

I feel so terrible for that poor kid. And really the Porters in general. Their bodies are simply betraying them. Michael had NBA All First Team talent and Jontay is so uniquely suited to today's game as a stretch 4. Best defensive timing I've ever seen (for a limited athlete) and an exceptionally gifted passing big with developing 3 point range.

A healthy Jontay makes $50 million+ playing this game but nobody trusts his knee. And frankly, with the health issues that have plagued his entire family (sister's included) , they probably shouldn't.

Just hate it. He's a incredibly nice kid.

Titty Meat
06-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Fuck yeah Roby goin to the Mavs that's my new squad

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2019, 10:46 PM
I feel so terrible for that poor kid. And really the Porters in general. Their bodies are simply betraying them. Michael had NBA All First Team talent and Jontay is so uniquely suited to today's game as a stretch 4. Best defensive timing I've ever seen (for a limited athlete) and an exceptionally gifted passing big with developing 3 point range.

A healthy Jontay makes $50 million+ playing this game but nobody trusts his knee. And frankly, with the health issues that have plagued his entire family (sister's included) , they probably shouldn't.

Just hate it. He's a incredibly nice kid.

Some team will take a chance on him and try to rehab him. He is still very young. Screams Spurs to me.

ChiliConCarnage
06-21-2019, 03:27 AM
Had to hit the sack near the last few picks of R1. I was glad Little finally got picked. Was starting to feel bad. Felt like the camera was on him too much

Perusing the 2nd Bol Bol kept sliding a while.

57. Pelicans draft Jordan Bone (Pelicans are currently in discussions to trade this pick to the Hawks, who will trade the pick to the 76ers, who will trade the pick to the Pistons)

Dang

kcxiv
06-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Hoops is going to be very interesting this upcoming year. Hopefully the Lakers can at least make the post season! I mean i've seen them win 10 titles, but i could go for a few more! lol,.

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 06:47 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charlotte has declined to exercise qualifying offer on Frank Kaminsky, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, league source tells ESPN. There&#39;s significant interest in Kaminsky in the marketplace</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145074761527111681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 29, 2019</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 07:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free agent G Derrick Rose will meet with the Pistons on Sunday, with both sides motivated on finding a pathway to a two-year contract, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145089858458796038?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 29, 2019</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 07:18 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Moving back the date gives the Warriors some flexibility in decision-making as free agency unfolds for them. <a href="https://t.co/t8soNZTMuF">https://t.co/t8soNZTMuF</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144988435863621634?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 29, 2019</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 01:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Kevin Durant will announce his free agent decision tonight on his company owned sports business network: <a href="https://t.co/ovJCDTOEMz">https://t.co/ovJCDTOEMz</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145413143470006273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2019</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 02:57 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Durant is planning to sign with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145435074655117314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2019</a></blockquote>

smithandrew051
06-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Lmao Knicks gonna Knick

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 02:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brooklyn is making a clean sweep tonight: Brooklyn will sign Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145435852476243968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2019</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 03:02 PM
The Warriors are going to be just fine.

KC_Connection
06-30-2019, 03:04 PM
The Warriors are going to be just fine.
LMAO

Al Bundy
06-30-2019, 09:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Nets restricted free agent D&#39;Angelo Russell is a player of strong interest for the Warriors in a potential sign-and-trade. Golden State has searched for avenues on Russell, and is still evaluating next moves.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145530725023830016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote>

Deberg_1990
07-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Westbrook and Harden reunited!

And it feels so good.........

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1149474995996749825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
07-11-2019, 06:44 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1149474995996749825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL Wow. This upcoming season might be must watch TV for like 10-12 teams.

BWillie
07-11-2019, 06:47 PM

haha what a bunch of dumbasses. Westbrook is a terrible fit with Harden Probably good value in those first round picks but 7 years away is a long time.

Sassy Squatch
07-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Will there ever be an NBA offseason in the future that rivals this one?

-King-
07-11-2019, 06:58 PM
haha what a bunch of dumbasses. Westbrook is a terrible fit with Harden Probably good value in those first round picks but 7 years away is a long time.
I mean they said CP3 and harden were a bad fit too but they were 1 game away from the finals playing the Durant Warriors.

tk13
07-11-2019, 06:58 PM
James Harden and Westbrook next season trying to get dual triple doubles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fed_vGnit18" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Wow never thought the Rockets had the juice to make this trade. OKC has to be flipping CP3 somewhere else though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Such an awful deal for OKC. Presti is the most bipolar GM I've ever seen. He bounces back and forth between Jerry West and Billy King.

Titty Meat
07-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Dont think the Rockets are much better with Russ but dumping CP3s awful contract is a win. His game definitely declined in the playoffs.

Titty Meat
07-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Such an awful deal for OKC. Presti is the most bipolar GM I've ever seen. He bounces back and forth between Jerry West and Billy King.

Yeah but if the goal is to get worse so they can get a better pick that's been accomplished and they get more picks. That contract will be off the books by the time they are ready to compete with their young players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Getting rid of Paul's awful contract is a huge win. He can't stay healthy, has locker room issues wherever he goes, and he's falling off a cliff.

I guess Westbrook's option gives OKC one less year of control by getting Paul, but that doesn't help their tax bill for three years. They could have at least traded Westbrook to Miami for shorter term contracts and possibly shaved off enough to get under the tax this year. Now they still need to get under the tax and they have to trade the second worst contract in the league.

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:13 PM

There is no way CP3 will be on OKC's roster for very long. They are either going to buy him out or trade him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Yeah but if the goal is to get worse so they can get a better pick that's been accomplished and they get more picks. That contract will be off the books by the time they are ready to compete with their young players.

It's not just about getting that contract off the books by 2022, but avoiding the repeater tax this year. They're still going to have to attach assets to get rid of someone.

They likley could have traded Westbrook to Miami for Dragic, Olynyk, and a few pick swaps, and a future first down the line, and they would have taken on less salary this year (getting them under the tax), while getting back an expiring contract and a guy with only two years left (Olynyk). Dragic fills the PG slot and Olynyk can give you serviceable minutes at the 4/5.

Paul, meanwhile, is poison in the locker room and no other team (other than Washington?) would likely even take that contract on.

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:18 PM
According to Woj the Rockets were the preferred destination for Westbrook. It is nice that teams play nice with these players and trade them to where they want to go..jfc

From 2020-2026 OKC has 15 1st rounds pick lol

kcxiv
07-11-2019, 07:20 PM
lol, CP3 got exiled like this shit was exile island on Survivor! lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:21 PM
There is no way CP3 will be on OKC's roster for very long. They are either going to buy him out or trade him.

A team that is afraid of the tax is going to buy someone out with over $120 million left on his contract? If they stretch him they'll be carrying $20 million cap hits for four years after this one, while still carrying his full salary this year.

Maybe the Lakers are actually fucking stupid enough to take on Paul, but they can't trade their newly signed guys for months, nor can the other dumb franchise, the Knicks.

OKC could potentially try and trade him for Wall and then hope that he sits out enough that insurance will pay Wall's salary this year, but then you're taking on another albatross contract.

We'll see, but my initial inclination is that Presti greatly overvalued a few firsts that will be in the mid-20's.

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:21 PM
lol, CP3 got exiled like this shit was exile island on Survivor! lol

CP3 wanted to get traded to get away from Harden so he got what he wanted :)

BWillie
07-11-2019, 07:22 PM

How is it an awful deal? They are going to get 2 likely good first round draft picks (Houston will be in rebuild in 4 years once Harden is gone or old) and they got a player very few teams wanted with one of the largest contracts in the league.

I think you are being unfair to Presti. Not his fault PG decided to up and leave. You are always at a disadvantage when you are in Oklahoma City. You won't really be able to lure many free agents and it's quite amazing he got PG to reup with the Thunder. That in itself is amazing. They gave it a shot but the best way to build when you are a team like the Thunder in OKLAHOMA is to stock pile draft picks and build for the future.

kcxiv
07-11-2019, 07:22 PM
CP3 wanted to get traded to get away from Harden so he got what he wanted :)

yep! its hilarious! People get sick of his attitude! I seen it from back in the days when Gasol tried to pat him in the head and he got supermad cause he had a little man complex or something! lol

KC_Connection
07-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Westbrook has dropped off a cliff the past two years. This is going to blow up in flames for Morey (not that he had much of a choice, Harden obviously said it was him or me)

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:29 PM
How is it an awful deal? They are going to get 2 likely good first round draft picks (Houston will be in rebuild in 4 years once Harden is gone or old) and they got a player very few teams wanted with one of the largest contracts in the league.

I think you are being unfair to Presti. Not his fault PG decided to up and leave. You are always at a disadvantage when you are in Oklahoma City. You won't really be able to lure many free agents and it's quite amazing he got PG to reup with the Thunder. That in itself is amazing. They gave it a shot but the best way to build when you are a team like the Thunder in OKLAHOMA is to stock pile draft picks and build for the future.

I can easily be fair with Presti. He and the owner decided they didn't want to pay the tax, so they traded Harden, then five years later decided to pay the largest tax bill in history with guys like Steven Adams and Schroder making $25 and $15 million, respectively.

He picked three elite players and then got cheap and has royally fucked up what should have been the dynasty of the decade.

He didn't have anything to do with George resigning in OKC; that was his friendship with Westbrook, and shortly afterward, George began having second thoughts.

Those first rounders are going to be in the mid-20s. Houston is too good of an organization to crater. They continually find value.

He should have traded with Miami to get the salary flexibility, even if he didn't get as many draft assets down the line. You can only have so many 11th men.

Remember that the 25th pick in the NBA draft is closer to a 4th rounder in the NFL.

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:31 PM
A team that is afraid of the tax is going to buy someone out with over $120 million left on his contract? If they stretch him they'll be carrying $20 million cap hits for four years after this one, while still carrying his full salary this year.

Maybe the Lakers are actually fucking stupid enough to take on Paul, but they can't trade their newly signed guys for months, nor can the other dumb franchise, the Knicks.

OKC could potentially try and trade him for Wall and then hope that he sits out enough that insurance will pay Wall's salary this year, but then you're taking on another albatross contract.

We'll see, but my initial inclination is that Presti greatly overvalued a few firsts that will be in the mid-20's.

I agree I am just saying I don't believe he will be in OKC for very long. They don't want a disgruntled CP3 on their tanking\rebuilding team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-11-2019, 07:31 PM
I agree I am just saying I don't believe he will be in OKC for very long. They don't want a disgruntled CP3 on their tanking\rebuilding team.

How do you get rid of him, though?

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:40 PM
How do you get rid of him, though?

The Knicks or there will be a desperate team around the All-Star break willing to take that chance\contract.

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Ok doesn't look like the Knicks could do this trade. They don't have enough salary to send over to make it work

dirk digler
07-11-2019, 07:56 PM
So using ESPN's trade Machine OKC could trade CP3 to Miami for Dragic and Dion Waiters and maybe throw in a couple of draft picks just to sweeten the deal. Dragic is on his last year and Waiters has 2 years on his deal.

I bet this is what will end up happening.

BWillie
07-11-2019, 07:58 PM
I can easily be fair with Presti. He and the owner decided they didn't want to pay the tax, so they traded Harden, then five years later decided to pay the largest tax bill in history with guys like Steven Adams and Schroder making $25 and $15 million, respectively.

He picked three elite players and then got cheap and has royally ****ed up what should have been the dynasty of the decade.

He didn't have anything to do with George resigning in OKC; that was his friendship with Westbrook, and shortly afterward, George began having second thoughts.

Those first rounders are going to be in the mid-20s. Houston is too good of an organization to crater. They continually find value.

He should have traded with Miami to get the salary flexibility, even if he didn't get as many draft assets down the line. You can only have so many 11th men.

Remember that the 25th pick in the NBA draft is closer to a 4th rounder in the NFL.

It's easy to say that now. I think most people weren't upset at OKC for staying with Durant + Westbrook at the time. That was before position less basketball. They figured they already had a a PG, a great wing, and an up and coming Ibaka who was a defensive stopper.

Was it wrong to not retain Harden? Absolutely. But very few envisioned him becoming the player he is today. And all 3 of those players require high usage. I can completely see where OKC was coming from, they just ended up being wrong.

Titty Meat
07-11-2019, 08:34 PM

Right a team like Miami might take him. Hell Phoenix is a good PG away from competing.

BWillie
07-11-2019, 08:42 PM
The great thing about this trade is OKC can swap #1 draft picks with Houston if they want in 2021 and 2025. That could very well be quite valuable.

PG leaving was probably the best case scenario for the Thunder. They weren't going to be good enough to win it all next year, and it would just stunt their growth. Now they have a kick start on the rebuild. Never know if it will work, but they have a ton of lotto tickets. I like their chances.

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2019, 08:45 PM

He picked three elite players and then got cheap and has royally ****ed up what should have been the dynasty of the decade.

Remember that the 25th pick in the NBA draft is closer to a 4th rounder in the NFL.:bravo: not sure I’ve seen a more accurate post on CP. well done.

mcaj22
07-11-2019, 08:48 PM

There is a lot of revisionist history here. To be fair to OKC, they got new ownership partners to buy in when they started spending. It wasnt fully the same group that was cheap.

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2019, 08:51 PM
There is a lot of revisionist history here. To be fair to OKC, they got new ownership partners to buy in when they started spending. It wasnt fully the same group that was cheap.

Presti gets credit for the young players (Durant, Westbrook, harden, ibaka). He also gets the blame for blowing it up for pennies on the dollar.

His trade of George gets him kudos, IMO, while his signing/trading for Adams and Schroeder show him as an idiot once again.

mcaj22
07-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Presti gets credit for the young players (Durant, Westbrook, harden, ibaka). He also gets the blame for blowing it up for pennies on the dollar.

His trade of George gets him kudos, IMO, while his signing/trading for Adams and Schroeder show him as an idiot once again.

Presti doesnt own the team or cut the checks. The ownership partners that bought in and started spending where not there when Harden was, this is a fact. Its no different than the 76ers new ownership partners that came in and started spending in recent years.

A GM in the NBA can only spend as much as an owner allows. Owner doesnt want to pay the luxory then sometimes a team loses a good player. Owner wants to pay the tax sometimes you overpay bums. Thats a soft cap for you.

ChiefsCountry
07-11-2019, 09:35 PM

Miami couldn't have made a trade according to Le Batard show this morning. Miami is up against a hard cap with the Butler sign and trade deal.

ChiefsCountry
07-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Chris Paul played in Oklahoma City before when the Hornets played there because of Katrina. OKC can still tank and still have somebody people will buy tickets to see.

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Presti doesnt own the team or cut the checks. The ownership partners that bought in and started spending where not there when Harden was, this is a fact. Its no different than the 76ers new ownership partners that came in and started spending in recent years.

A GM in the NBA can only spend as much as an owner allows. Owner doesnt want to pay the luxory then sometimes a team loses a good player. Owner wants to pay the tax sometimes you overpay bums. Thats a soft cap for you.

What else do you want to excuse his dumb ass for? Getting nothing for harden? Was that on the owner? Extending Adams? Taking on schroeder’s Contract?

Presti’s forte is supposed to be the draft (it’s clearly not anything else). Was it ownership’s fault when he selected McGary over guys like hood, capela, and jokic? Or, pick another recent year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2019, 08:10 AM
It's easy to say that now. I think most people weren't upset at OKC for staying with Durant + Westbrook at the time. That was before position less basketball. They figured they already had a a PG, a great wing, and an up and coming Ibaka who was a defensive stopper.

Was it wrong to not retain Harden? Absolutely. But very few envisioned him becoming the player he is today. And all 3 of those players require high usage. I can completely see where OKC was coming from, they just ended up being wrong.

This is categorically wrong and was lambasted as such at the time.

https://grantland.com/features/the-harden-disaster/

Forget about worrying whether Harden is a max player (and by the way, he is — 15 teams would have given it to him), or why Harden didn’t play better in the 2012 Finals (um, James Worthy sucked in the 1984 Finals and turned out fine), or if it meant something that Harden didn’t just blindly take less than what he’s worth (when he had already sacrificed minutes, numbers, and shots to succeed on that team). Oklahoma City significantly hindered their chances of winning a title — not just this year, but every year. And they did it because, after raking in ridiculous amounts of money these past four years (including $30-35 million PROFIT during last year’s shortened season), they valued their own bottom line ahead of their title window. A window that included the second-best player in the league, a top-10 player and a top-20 player … all under the age of 25.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Miami couldn't have made a trade according to Le Batard show this morning. Miami is up against a hard cap with the Butler sign and trade deal.

They could have easily dispensed some of their overrated scrubs to do it.

-King-
07-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Right a team like Miami might take him. Hell Phoenix is a good PG away from competing.

They got Rubio.

dirk digler
07-12-2019, 12:38 PM
As I pointed out yesterday OKC doesn't want a pissed off CP3 on their tanking\rebuilding team.

[ESPN] Wojnarowski: "The market for CP3 is small, but Miami is at the top of that list. [OKC] would like to get that deal done as soon as they can. Their hope, in getting this deal done with Chris Paul, was that he doesn't play a game in a Thunder uniform."

Titty Meat
07-12-2019, 12:42 PM
They got Rubio.

King lawst

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2019, 01:23 PM
I can't stand Presti, but I am intrigued by the rebuild, as I always enjoy following situations like this. If they can trade Paul, and perhaps Adams, the amount of picks (however bad), will net a slew of young talent.

I just need to be able to sim the season to see who they get.

PAChiefsGuy
07-12-2019, 01:24 PM
NBA is gonna be interesting as hell next season!

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2019, 01:28 PM
NBA is gonna be interesting as hell next season!It really is. Praise be to Kawhi.

Bearcat
07-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Such a douchebag... LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/miyHUtrIFCg?start=36" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King-
07-12-2019, 07:28 PM
King lawst
I'd rather have Rubio than CP3 especially with their contracts.

ChiefsCountry
07-12-2019, 07:58 PM
They could have easily dispensed some of their overrated scrubs to do it.

Couldn't in this case. Miami couldn't take on salary. Thats why he is in Houston.

Miles
07-12-2019, 08:12 PM
Couldn't in this case. Miami couldn't take on salary. Thats why he is in Houston.

It’s the almost exact same salary as Westbrook and they were apparently talking even though Miami has the hard cap to deal with. Issue would’ve been Houston not wanting to deal CP3 for salary filler to dump him while trying to be competitive.

Skyy God
07-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Such a douchebag... LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/miyHUtrIFCg?start=36" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most punchable face in sports.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2019, 05:47 AM
Kawhi finally admits it was just about going home. Nice to finally hear it from his own mouth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nba/news/1802353/amp

You know, once I got together with my team and we put the pros and cons down, it was never about winning a championship," Leonard told Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. "It was about what the future has to hold. And for me, myself and my family, that's what type of decision I had to make. It's no discredit to Toronto, I just wanted to play at home.

"I wanted to do that before I got traded there, and obviously when I got there, it was a goal of mine to make history and get them a championship, and I feel like I did my job there pretty much and that I should be granted to go play where I wanted to after I gave them what they needed. I just wanted to play at home. Like Paul (George) said, our families are able to come to games."

PAChiefsGuy
07-29-2019, 11:19 PM
Kawhi finally admits it was just about going home. Nice to finally hear it from his own mouth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nba/news/1802353/amp

You know, once I got together with my team and we put the pros and cons down, it was never about winning a championship," Leonard told Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. "It was about what the future has to hold. And for me, myself and my family, that's what type of decision I had to make. It's no discredit to Toronto, I just wanted to play at home.

"I wanted to do that before I got traded there, and obviously when I got there, it was a goal of mine to make history and get them a championship, and I feel like I did my job there pretty much and that I should be granted to go play where I wanted to after I gave them what they needed. I just wanted to play at home. Like Paul (George) said, our families are able to come to games."

Translation: I'm a selfish prick who only cares about himself.

BigCatDaddy
07-29-2019, 11:27 PM

Because he wants to play in his home town?

LiL stumppy
07-30-2019, 08:02 AM

Why should he not only care about himself

Pitt Gorilla
07-30-2019, 08:25 AM

Any decision he makes here is because he wants to do it. Which decision would not be selfish?

Of course, he also leveraged his position to get George out of his shithole of a position.

Sassy Squatch
10-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Steph Curry broke his hand. Warriors are donezo.

jerryaldini
10-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Steph Curry broke his hand. Warriors are donezo.

Kinda wish he didn't cause they were getting buried with him anyway. But man that new shiny arena just in time.

PAChiefsGuy
10-31-2019, 11:12 AM
Why should he not only care about himself

I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Kawhi vs Lebron getting ready to start!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Kawhi vs Lebron getting ready to start!

Piss off

BigCatDaddy
12-25-2019, 08:11 PM
I try but the NBA is unwatchable in the regular season.. They need to make some changes so teams can play defense again.

KC_Connection
12-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Remember how LeBron and his teams were only good because he was in the “weaker” Eastern Conference? LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
12-25-2019, 08:24 PM
I try but the NBA is unwatchable in the regular season.. They need to make some changes so teams can play defense again.

Team defense is typically outstanding. Should have watched Bucks/Sixers today.

Why Not?
12-25-2019, 08:25 PM

Seriously. Any games today gonna be within single digits?

Sorry
12-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Remember how LeBron and his teams were only good because he was in the “weaker” Eastern Conference? LMAO

Every basketball mind knows the East was weak. That doesn’t downplay Lebron greatness but it was no where filled with teams from the west

Al Bundy
12-25-2019, 08:57 PM

He was in a weak east, now he has another all pro stud with him.

staylor26
12-25-2019, 09:32 PM
Lebron getting owned by Kawhi yet again LMAO

FloridaMan88
12-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Beverley makes LeBron a bitch and /game.

PAChiefsGuy
12-25-2019, 10:57 PM
Good job by the Lakers blowing a 15-pt lead at home. Clippers can definitely beat them come playoff time.

BWillie
12-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Russell Westbrook has been a disaster for Houston. Based on +/- Houston has been better with just Harden on the floor than with Harden + Westbrook.

Tonight he went 10-32, shot 8 threes and missed them all. The guy just doesn't get it. He could be such a valuable player if he just realizes he's a smaller Ben Simmons. Just do that.

PAChiefsGuy
12-26-2019, 12:04 AM
Russell Westbrook has been a disaster for Houston. Based on +/- Houston has been better with just Harden on the floor than with Harden + Westbrook.

Tonight he went 10-32, shot 8 threes and missed them all. The guy just doesn't get it. He could be such a valuable player if he just realizes he's a smaller Ben Simmons. Just do that.

You would think by now he would learn that if he is having a bad shooting night he should focus on assists and defense - especially as a PG.

BigCatDaddy
12-26-2019, 06:12 AM
Team defense is typically outstanding. Should have watched Bucks/Sixers today.

The rules limit what they can do though physically. The scores on a lot of these games are retarded. It's like arena league football.

ChiefsCountry
12-26-2019, 01:51 PM
The rules limit what they can do though physically. The scores on a lot of these games are retarded. It's like arena league football.

That's like arguing why NFL defenses can't stop Mahomes. The athletes are just superior offensively to the defense.

BigCatDaddy
12-26-2019, 05:52 PM
That's like arguing why NFL defenses can't stop Mahomes. The athletes are just superior offensively to the defense.

The NFL also changed the rules and neutered the defense. Same shit with MLB and their juiced balls.

POND_OF_RED
12-26-2019, 10:41 PM

Beats the hell out of the college game though. I can’t watch the NCAA now that I’ve gotten more into the NBA. That 35 second shot clock makes it really difficult to watch now. It’s a bunch passing and terrible shot selections from what I can see. I’ll take 123-110 games over 48-46 games any day of the week.

BigCatDaddy
12-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Beats the hell out of the college game though. I can’t watch the NCAA now that I’ve gotten more into the NBA. That 35 second shot clock makes it really difficult to watch now. It’s a bunch passing and terrible shot selections from what I can see. I’ll take 123-110 games over 48-46 games any day of the week.
The college game is much better from a fundamental standpoint. The 1 and dones ruined it IMO.

-King-
12-26-2019, 10:51 PM
The college game is much better from a fundamental standpoint. The 1 and dones ruined it IMO.
Lol

Pitt Gorilla
12-27-2019, 12:48 AM
The college game is much better from a fundamental standpoint. The 1 and dones ruined it IMO.LMAO

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Sorry, guys. Just a horrible product.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/why-nba-ratings-have-missed-far-year-1262338