PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nice having nationally known top tier QB

burt
06-17-2019, 05:18 PM
"I don’t think you want me to turn off 11 years,” Rodgers told NFL.com. “There’s stuff that not many people in the league can do at the line. That’s not a humblebrag. That’s just a fact.

“I mean, obviously, Tommy (Brady) can do it, no doubt. Peyton (Manning) could do it. Drew (Brees) can do it. (Patrick) Mahomes will be able to do it. Ben (Roethlisberger) has called the two-minute for years. There are a few of us who’ve just done it; it’s kind of second nature. And that’s just the icing on the cake for what I can do in this offense.”

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/the-first-sign-of-drama-between-aaron-rodgers-and-matt-lafleur/

Rain Man
06-17-2019, 05:37 PM
"will be able"?

Patrick Mahomes II is the best quarterback in the league right now, making big plays when they're needed most.

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Rodgers is such a passive aggressive bitch.

The only worse quality an alleged leader can have is total apathy.

This kind of bitch-made behavior undermines his talent more than anything McCarthy did.

New World Order
06-17-2019, 05:47 PM
"will be able"?

Patrick Mahomes II is the best quarterback in the league right now, making big plays when they're needed most.

Maybe he means Mahomes will be able to do it for 11 years.

ModSocks
06-17-2019, 05:48 PM
He's not ready to accept that there's someone better than him at his own game. It's ok. It'd be hard for me to accept too i were him.

No one wants to admit that some kid has stolen your gig.

Rain Man
06-17-2019, 05:53 PM
I probably should correct my earlier statement. I said that Patrick Mahomes II is the best quarterback in the league, when I should have said that Patrick Mahomes II is the best quarterback in the world. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

SAUTO
06-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Did patrick call his own two minute drives last year?

Chiefshrink
06-17-2019, 05:57 PM

This kind of bitch-made behavior undermines his talent more than anything McCarthy did.

Couldn't agree more. What I have noticed is the further removed he is from his SB 45 victory in 2011 as well as the team getting more inconsistent over time the MORE PRETENTIOUS he has become.:shrug:

Jay Cutler is your total apathy guy for sure.

Easy 6
06-17-2019, 06:00 PM
“That’s not a humble brag”... uh huh :rolleyes:

Start getting your car dealership and restaurant plans lined out... you don’t inspire anyone these days, douche

Tribal Warfare
06-17-2019, 06:09 PM
LOL, notice he didn't mention Derek Carr or Rivers

ModSocks
06-17-2019, 06:11 PM

Or Flacco.

Or Mayfield.

Or Watson.

Get Fukt.

Frazod
06-17-2019, 06:12 PM

Well Carr is..... Carr. And Rivers probably squeals like a bitch a bit too often to land on any top tier QB's peer list.

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Couldn't agree more. What I have noticed is the further removed he is from his SB 45 victory in 2011 as well as the team getting more inconsistent over time the MORE PRETENTIOUS he has become.:shrug:

Jay Cutler is your total apathy guy for sure.

It's the passive aggression that bugs me. He's the type of guy who, if he has a problem, is going to make snarky sarcastic remarks about you rather than confronting you directly.

Passive aggressive people are toxic. There are loads of stories about him being passive aggressive to McCarthy. "You picked Alex Smith over me". Goddamn dude. Get ****ing over it.

And yeah, Jay Cutler IS the apathy guy. Rode raw talent and never gave a ****. Dude was the same QB in year 10 as he was in year 1.

BigRedChief
06-17-2019, 06:28 PM
"will be able"?

Patrick Mahomes II is the best quarterback in the league right now, making big plays when they're needed most.THIS! Who is a better QB in the league right now, week 1?

WhiteWhale
06-17-2019, 06:34 PM
THIS! Who is a better QB in the league right now, week 1?

I got into an argument with someone who insisted the best QB on the planet was....

Trevor Lawrence!

Bwana
06-17-2019, 06:37 PM
When was the last time Rodgers was relevant?

Easy 6
06-17-2019, 06:49 PM
It's the passive aggression that bugs me. He's the type of guy who, if he has a problem, is going to make snarky sarcastic remarks about you rather than confronting you directly.

Passive aggressive people are toxic. There are loads of stories about him being passive aggressive to McCarthy. "You picked Alex Smith over me". Goddamn dude. Get ****ing over it.

And yeah, Jay Cutler IS the apathy guy. Rode raw talent and never gave a ****. Dude was the same QB in year 10 as he was in year 1.

There is a strong cut to your jib

Red Dawg
06-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Patrick Mahomes is already the greatest QB of all time. Anyone who says he isn't is a dufuss!

saphojunkie
06-17-2019, 06:58 PM
He’s talking about the full control of the team. That’s a high fucking compliment, and people need to chill the fuck out.

Rodgers recognizes Mahomes as one of the true greats. He’s young and in a couple of years he is going to have enough mental reps that you won’t be able to do anything to confuse or rattle him. That kind of command only comes with time. This isn’t a dig or a passive aggressive insult.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 06:58 PM

if you had to make a list of elite quarterbacks that were least respected by their teammates, Aaron Rodgers would top the list.

MahomesMagic
06-17-2019, 07:22 PM
I got into an argument with someone who insisted the best QB on the planet was....

Trevor Lawrence!

ROFL

Lawrence will be very good but there is no reason at all yet to consider him generational like Mahomes.

Easy 6
06-17-2019, 07:30 PM
He’s talking about the full control of the team. That’s a high fucking compliment, and people need to chill the fuck out.

Rodgers recognizes Mahomes as one of the true greats. He’s young and in a couple of years he is going to have enough mental reps that you won’t be able to do anything to confuse or rattle him. That kind of command only comes with time. This isn’t a dig or a passive aggressive insult.

You might be right regarding this particular quote, but the die seems pretty well cast with this guy

He is an arrogant jackwad and his leadership is questionable at best... in spite of his raw talent, his teams just don’t have the swagger they should IMO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 08:13 PM
You might be right regarding this particular quote, but the die seems pretty well cast with this guy

He is an arrogant jackwad and his leadership is questionable at best... in spite of his raw talent, his teams just don’t have the swagger they should IMO

He actually told one of his receivers in a huddle during a game that he should go ahead and take a trade to another team. And this particular receiver wasn't a bad receiver.

SAUTO
06-17-2019, 08:17 PM
He actually told one of his receivers in a huddle during a game that he should go ahead and take a trade to another team. And this particular receiver wasn't a bad receiver.

If you're talking about Greg Jennings this isn't what happened at all.

Halfcan
06-17-2019, 08:22 PM
“I mean, obviously, Tommy (Brady) can do it, no doubt.

Who is Tommy Brady.

Does he play a mean pinball?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 08:27 PM

So what did happen Encyclopedia Brown? God knows we better have every single one of our facts straight when we post something on this board otherwise we might have to endure yet another conversation with your gravel like personality.

Please, enlighten us!

SAUTO
06-17-2019, 08:49 PM
So what did happen Encyclopedia Brown? God knows we better have every single one of our facts straight when we post something on this board otherwise we might have to endure yet another conversation with your gravel like personality.

Please, enlighten us!
https://www.theherdnow.com/greg-jennings-spills-detail-on-what-aaron-rodgers-said-about-him-that-led-to-their-falling-out/

So yeah... uh close I guess. You got aaron rodgers being involved right.

FAX
06-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Is it even possible for Rodgers to not be a total dick?

I am beginning to think not.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 09:34 PM
https://www.theherdnow.com/greg-jennings-spills-detail-on-what-aaron-rodgers-said-about-him-that-led-to-their-falling-out/

So yeah... uh close I guess. You got aaron rodgers being involved right.

You know what? You are far too fucking dense to even bother talking to.
And you're especially too dense to even bother trying to correct.
How in God's name anybody would want to have a conversation with you is beyond my ability to comprehend.
Seek help.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-17-2019, 09:35 PM

FAX

Think? I'd say that pretty much spells it out.

SAUTO
06-18-2019, 06:20 AM
You know what? You are far too fucking dense to even bother talking to.
And you're especially too dense to even bother trying to correct.
How in God's name anybody would want to have a conversation with you is beyond my ability to comprehend.
Seek help.

Nice come back. It has nothing to do with anything. You were wrong with another "fact". If you are going to try and add to conversations you should at least be close. I mean not just make shit up.

Mecca
06-18-2019, 06:23 AM
When was the last time Rodgers was relevant?

He's a top 5 QB and a HOFer, he's relevant until he retires.

cron912
06-18-2019, 07:52 AM

This is the story, according to Jennings:

-------------

During a game against the San Francisco 49ers in 2012, a contract year for Jennings that wound up being his final in Green Bay, Jennings was approached mid-game by Niners corner Carlos Rodgers, who jokingly asked the receiver why he was running so many short routes. Jennings sniped back with "You know how it is. Contract year." Rodgers overheard this and stepped in. Here's how Jennings recalled the exchange, per Bleacher Report writer Tyler Dunne's piece:

That's when Rodgers stepped in to say, per Jennings, "You guys should get him at the end of the year."

RealSNR
06-18-2019, 09:32 AM

Trevor Lawrence!

Did you tell that person that you as a Chiefs fan do not give one flying squirrel shit about Trevor Lawrence because you already have a young QB who's better than Lawrence and will be better than Lawrence for at least the next 10 years?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 09:44 AM
¥¥€€¥¥

You have been barred from speaking with this user due to your substandard intelligence and poor
comprehension. This is not a ban. Feel free to converse with other users who may find your conversational shortcomings less annoying.

Halfcan
06-18-2019, 11:45 AM

FAX

Brett Favre says that is doubtful.

Favre will always be greater than Rodgers.

Chief Pagan
06-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Who is Tommy Brady.

Does he play a mean pinball?

That deaf, dumb, blind kid sure throws a mean pigskin.

Frazod
06-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Brett Favre says that is doubtful.

Favre will always be greater than Rodgers.

I remember an article I read about Rodgers and what a prick he has degenerated into over the years. Part of his problem is how shitty Favre was to him when he first arrived at Green Bay.

Say what you will about Alex, but his positive attitude toward Mahomes knowing full well that he was grooming his replacement cannot be understated.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 02:11 PM
I remember an article I read about Rodgers and what a prick he has degenerated into over the years. Part of his problem is how shitty Favre was to him when he first arrived at Green Bay.

Say what you will about Alex, but his positive attitude toward Mahomes knowing full well that he was grooming his replacement cannot be understated.

Like he had a choice...

But whatever. Yes, Saint Alex walks on water...

Frazod
06-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Like he had a choice...

But whatever. Yes, Saint Alex walks on water...

He did have a choice. He could have been a complete cockbag like Favre was to Rodgers. Like Flacco is going to be to Lock. He could have been bitter and butthurt and created locker room dissent. Who knows what kind of effect that would have had?

I'm as glad that he's gone as anybody, but he's a good guy and he did right by Mahomes and the team on his way out the door.

Halfcan
06-18-2019, 03:46 PM

Lots of starting QB's give rookies the cold shoulder, Big Ben, Flacco, Brady, Montana still hates Young - blaming Favre at this point does not make much sense. I have also heard it is because Rodgers was drafted later than he thought he should be, that is why he has a chip on his shoulder. Favre got along with everyone, but there is just something about Rodgers (entitled attitude maybe) that he did not like.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-18-2019, 04:09 PM
He did have a choice. He could have been a complete cockbag like Favre was to Rodgers. Like Flacco is going to be to Lock. He could have been bitter and butthurt and created locker room dissent. Who knows what kind of effect that would have had?

I'm as glad that he's gone as anybody, but he's a good guy and he did right by Mahomes and the team on his way out the door.

Sure he could have. He also could have been benched, told to go fuck himself, and replaced immediately by Mahomes who more than likely would have won more fucking games than him.

you see, 2017 wasn't about giving Alex Smith some kind of generous last chance. It was about strategically working his ego against him in order to make him perform well enough so that he could be traded for something worth more than a bag of Cheetos.

Mission.

Accomplished.

Halfcan
06-18-2019, 10:02 PM
(Patrick) Mahomes will be able to do it

Nice backhanded compliment to a guy that threw twice as many TD's as you Rodgers-lol