PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports BREAKING NEWS: Chicago White Sox to put up netting all the way to foul poul

scho63
06-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Well this is shit and completely a pussy move supported by Kevin Keitzman, a douche! :shake:

mikeyis4dcats.
06-18-2019, 03:41 PM
MLB is going to require it next year anyway, this gets them good PR.

Prison Bitch
06-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Nobody wants to go see that shit

It’s like screwing with a condom. Safer yes but Only losers do that

scho63
06-18-2019, 03:43 PM
How many people have been killed by a foul ball?

How many people have become incapacitated from a foul ball?

How many SERIOUS injuries since 1950 have occurred in MLB from foul balls?

This is a fucking joke and if you support it, YOU AIN'T AN ALPHA, OR A BETA, YOU ARE A DOUCHE!

I bet there has been 25,000,000 foul balls in the last 50 years and probably 10 serious injuries.

What a great rate of success and safety!

Lprechaun
06-18-2019, 04:01 PM
And they wonder why they cant get people to the stadiums

KCUnited
06-18-2019, 04:01 PM
LOL, have you seen where that stadium is at? Let's bolt down these deck chairs on the Titanic so no dies from them sliding into their heads.

Sassy Squatch
06-18-2019, 04:02 PM
Why the hell are you spelling cuck like that.

KCUnited
06-18-2019, 04:04 PM
They just wanted to beat the Cubs to it first. All maneuvering.

Naptown Chief
06-18-2019, 04:07 PM
People still follow baseball? :shrug:

MMXcalibur
06-18-2019, 04:09 PM
The NHL added nets above the glass on each end of the rink and you can barely notice them when you watch the play live.

I'm willing to bet this is the same here.

You chodes simply hate change.

DaFace
06-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Are you upset because you want to go to White Sox games and are frustrated that your view might be impeded or just pissed off at the concept?

If people don't like the view, they won't go, and the team will pay for it financially. Or maybe families will feel more comfortable sitting down low now who might have otherwise sat elsewhere (or not gone at all).

Regardless, I have trouble getting worked up about a decision a team I don't care about made that will either work out for them financially or won't.

Lprechaun
06-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Are you upset because you want to go to White Sox games and are frustrated that your view might be impeded or just pissed off at the concept?

If people don't like the view, they won't go, and the team will pay for it financially. Or maybe families will feel more comfortable sitting down low now who might have otherwise sat elsewhere (or not gone at all).

Regardless, I have trouble getting worked up about a decision a team I don't care about made that will either work out for them financially or won't.

Never had your dad or grandpa or great grandpa take you to a game and catch foul balls?

DaFace
06-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Never had your dad or grandpa or great grandpa take you to a game and catch foul balls?

I didn't live anywhere near a ballpark when I was a kid, so no. I've been recently and been pretty freaked out by a ball that broke a seat two rows in front of me, though.

I'm not saying I care one way or another about this rule, but I just have trouble caring about the decisions made by a for-profit business. If they piss off their "customers," so be it. That's what capitalism is all about.

scho63
06-18-2019, 04:24 PM

I'm a Pirates fan and my first baseball game as a kid was in 1971 watching the Pirates and Phillies at the Vet.

Robert Clemente, Bill Mazeroski, Will Stargell and Dock Ellis all in one game.

I was at a SF Giants and St Louis Cards game at Candlestick and took great photos on top of the dugout of Barry Bonds.

I sat two rows back of the dugout for a Wash Nationals and Pirates game.

Also was behind home plate for a Baltimore Orioles vs Texas Rangers game at Camden Yards and I moved because the netting was annoying to my vision.

Anyone who says the netting is a non-factor with viewing the game NEVER sat behind netting. :shake:

It sucks! :#

Lprechaun
06-18-2019, 04:25 PM
I didn't live anywhere near a ballpark when I was a kid, so no. I've been recently and been pretty freaked out by a ball that broke a seat two rows in front of me, though.

I'm not saying I care one way or another about this rule, but I just have trouble caring about the decisions made by a for-profit business. If they piss off their "customers," so be it. That's what capitalism is all about.
Yeah that's true, their business.... but some of us have been to hundreds myself almost 1000 baseball games, always sat behind dugouts or 1st and 3rd. Never had an accident and I cant imagine not being able to snag a ball for a young fan or nephew or niece....
But yeah they can make that decision. It wont help attendance.

scho63

Do you have a penis or a vagina? :rolleyes:

Jerok
Just googled rates in the worst ballpark for foul balls:

" And it happens regularly — at Fenway, a spectator is hurt by a stray ball or bat once every three or four games, according to figures from a 2000 lawsuit against the Red Sox."

I have no problem with more nets. I wouldn't take my kid to a game in foul ball territory. Of course she's only 6 months old.

ptlyon
06-18-2019, 04:28 PM
A poll for a pole of course of course

Sassy Squatch

" And it happens regularly — at Fenway, a spectator is hurt by a stray ball or bat once every three or four games, according to figures from a 2000 lawsuit against the Red Sox."

I have no problem with more nets. I wouldn't take my kid to a game in foul ball territory. Of course she's only 6 months old.
Wow. That is way more than I was assuming it would be.

Lprechaun

I was born January of 80... first game was the home opener in April that year. 3 months and 2 days old.

DaFace
06-18-2019, 04:32 PM
Wow. That is way more than I was assuming it would be.

Yeah, same here. From that same article I think:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/09/how-often-are-baseball-spectators-injured/bVBG1iYz8u0dy1DLGx0cmI/story.html

A 2014 Bloomberg analysis of foul ball-related injuries predicted that roughly 1,750 fans a year are injured due to batted balls at all of the Major League Baseball stadiums.

In fact, the number of spectators hurt by batted balls exceeded the number of batters hit by pitches, Bloomberg found.

So during the regular season, there around 10 fan injuries per day around the MLB. That's kind of astounding. Obviously many of those injuries are probably minor like jammed fingers or whatever, but still.

scho63
06-18-2019, 04:33 PM

That is BULLSHIT and a made up statistic from a lawyer.

Don't be so naive. :facepalm:

scho63
06-18-2019, 04:35 PM
YOU STUPID FUCKS DON'T REALIZE THAT PEOPLE WHO CHASE FOUL BALLS AND FALL OR FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR A FOUL BALL OR FALL OVER THE RAILING ARE ADDED INTO THE STATS!!!

WAKE THE FUCK UP! GETTING "HIT" WITH A FOUL BALL IS INSIGNIFICANT!!!

GOD WE HAVE IDIOTS ON HERE!

DaFace
06-18-2019, 04:38 PM
YOU STUPID FUCKS DON'T REALIZE THAT PEOPLE WHO CHASE FOUL BALLS AND FALL OR FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR A FOUL BALL OR FALL OVER THE RAILING ARE ADDED INTO THE STATS!!!

WAKE THE FUCK UP! GETTING "HIT" WITH A FOUL BALL IS INSIGNIFICANT!!!

And what move might a team make that would reduce the number of people getting injured while chasing after a foul ball?

ping2000
06-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Maybe it will keep their drunk fans from running out on the field and attacking Royals coaches.

scho63
06-18-2019, 04:43 PM
And what move might a team make that would reduce the number of people getting injured while chasing after a foul ball?

Let's just ban EVERYTHING that ANYONE has EVERY gotten HURT by including SWIMMING in the OCEAN, where two people just got bit by a shark in North Carolina.

It's a stupid argument.

People do STUPID things. Can't fix that and I don't think 100,000,000 visitors to baseball should suffer because a few people aren't paying attention or acting like assholes.

And to be honest, why are parents bringing 2-4 years old kids to a professional baseball game? That's irresponsible parents.

Maybe those parents should be suspended from their jobs pending an investigation. :hmmm:

DaFace
06-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Let's just ban EVERYTHING that ANYONE has EVERY gotten HURT by including SWIMMING in the OCEAN, where two people just got bit by a shark in North Carolina.

It's a stupid argument.

People do STUPID things. Can't fix that and I don't think 100,000,000 visitors to baseball should suffer because a few people aren't paying attention or acting like assholes.

And to be honest, why are parents bringing 2-4 years old kids to a professional baseball game? That's irresponsible parents.

Maybe those parents should be suspended from their jobs pending an investigation. :hmmm:

And why is it irresponsible?

Sassy Squatch
06-18-2019, 04:47 PM
LMAO Scho got triggered real quick.

Three7s
06-18-2019, 04:49 PM
YOU STUPID ****S DON'T REALIZE THAT PEOPLE WHO CHASE FOUL BALLS AND FALL OR FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR A FOUL BALL OR FALL OVER THE RAILING ARE ADDED INTO THE STATS!!!

WAKE THE **** UP! GETTING "HIT" WITH A FOUL BALL IS INSIGNIFICANT!!!

The ballparks are doing everything in their power to ensure the safety of the crowd, which should be the goal for any establishment over all else. I'm not sure how intensely you're watching the game, but there are a whole lot of people who go to these games who couldn't care less about what's actually going on in the game. It's more like just a night out for them. Those are the people who are being catered to in this event, as well as small children and elderly people. And if your solution is "don't go if you don't watch the game", then good luck selling that one, because these ballparks couldn't care less about how interested/disinterested people are in the game, they just want money.

scho63
06-18-2019, 04:55 PM

Yes I am.....all this over reaction and crazy shit to try and make a PERFECT world will never happen.

Why don't they just put plexiglass up around the ENTIRE stadium and no ball will EVER leave the field of play. :harumph:

I guess I've become that grumpy old guy that everybody throws popcorn at and laughs while pointing as I keep score old school. :D

Frazod
And why is it irresponsible?

It's more annoying than anything else. Like a kid that young is going to understand what's going on anyway. There should be a minimum age limit for kids. If you can afford to go to a game, you can afford a babysitter.

I don't like it when assholes bring little kids to the theater and fuck up my movie experience. I absolutely wouldn't like it if I dropped a few hundred on seats and ended up stuck next to somebody's unruly screaming brat all day.

Al Bundy

No shit...

DaFace
06-18-2019, 05:03 PM
It's more annoying than anything else. Like a kid that young is going to understand what's going on anyway. There should be a minimum age limit for kids. If you can afford to go to a game, you can afford a babysitter.

I don't like it when assholes bring little kids to the theater and fuck up my movie experience. I absolutely wouldn't like it if I dropped a few hundred on seats and ended up stuck next to somebody's unruly screaming brat all day.

Maybe Coors Field is just weird. I see tons of people around with young kids, and they seem to be having a good time with their family.

But I'll admit that Coors is a pretty laid back park, and that's the only stadium I've been in for 20 years. It's always in the top 10 league wide for attendance, and the Rockies are almost never a true contender. I'd guess fewer than 25% of people at a game on any given night are there to pay close attention.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2019, 05:09 PM
Well this is shit and completely a pussy move supported by Kevin Keitzman, a complete cvck! :shake:

I'm sure your fat ass would be able to snag a screamer off the bat without injury.

bricks
06-18-2019, 05:14 PM

It’s like screwing with a condom. Safer yes but Only losers do that

What a terrible example.

So if you screw w/o a condom you’re not a loser but yet if you contract a disease then you’re at fault b/c if you wore the condom the disease would’ve been preventable loser!!!

Deberg_1990
06-18-2019, 05:24 PM
This is why the NBA and soccer are the new National Pastime

EPodolak
06-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Do any Royals hit hard enough to cause injury?

scho63
06-18-2019, 05:26 PM
I'm sure your fat ass would be able to snag a screamer off the bat without injury.

And I bet your perfect model body with 2% body fat and 10" penis would be able to bend over and take it in the ass like a true Social Justice Warrior and defender of fans rights.

BigRedChief
06-18-2019, 06:10 PM

It’s like screwing with a condom. Safer yes but Only losers do thathave you sat behind the new netting? You can hardly tell it’s there. Your eyes adjust to the foreground and background. They experimented with many versions. I’ve sat behind it in two minor league parks. It was fine. Not a distraction.

chiefzilla1501
06-18-2019, 06:27 PM

This is a ****ing joke and if you support it, YOU AIN'T AN ALPHA, OR A BETA, YOU ARE A CVCK!

I bet there has been 25,000,000 foul balls in the last 50 years and probably 10 serious injuries.

Its a small % but way too big of a number.

Baseball needs to take this assumed risk bullshit out of the language. Stadiums call if they want to install netting. But if someone gets hurt on something preventable with netting, the stadium should assume liability. Totally ridiculous that a fan should assume full risk for a flying bat hitting them in the head.

chiefzilla1501
06-18-2019, 06:32 PM
have you sat behind the new netting? You can hardly tell it’s there. Your eyes adjust to the foreground and background. They experimented with many versions. I’ve sat behind it in two minor league parks. It was fine. Not a distraction.

I went once and fans didn't mind it. They actually had fun not having to keep their head on a swivel constantly. And more kids there having a good time. Plenty of positives to go with the negatives.

TribalElder
06-18-2019, 06:52 PM
If they games weren't so fucking boring people would be watching

might as well put up plexiglass like hockey arenas

Al Bundy
06-18-2019, 06:52 PM

It would break his face right open.

Jewish Rabbi
06-18-2019, 06:55 PM

He’d pay a hooker to catch it for him.

Rain Man
06-18-2019, 06:55 PM
I bet the netting is intended to deflect bullets from the crowd.

Chiefshrink
06-18-2019, 07:00 PM
Ambulance chasers !! Always comes down to $$.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:01 PM
It's insane that this hasn't happened already. There is literally no good reason to not have the netting extended and every reason to do it.

If you're so worried about getting baseballs (and I have no idea why anybody would be), just go to batting practice or catch foul pop ups/home runs.

06-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Isn't this only to stop line drives? Foul ball pop ups are still in play as I assume there is no net over the top.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Anyone who says the netting is a non-factor with viewing the game NEVER sat behind netting. :shake:

I sit behind netting at NHL games all the time. It has literally no impact on my viewing experience.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Isn't this only to stop line drives? Foul ball pop ups are still in play as I assume there is no net over the top.
Yes.

06-18-2019, 07:11 PM
Yes.That's what I thought. Hey bitchers, stop bitching.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:14 PM
That's what I thought. Hey bitchers, stop bitching.
Balls are coming on a line at 110+ MPH into the stands multiple times a game these days. This needed to happen a while ago.

Rain Man
06-18-2019, 07:17 PM
Another alternative would be to issue catcher's masks to fans.

Edit: I wonder if that would interfere with concessions sales.

Deberg_1990
06-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Balls are coming on a line at 110+ MPH into the stands multiple times a game these days. This needed to happen a while ago.

These days?

This has been happening since the beginning of baseball.

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:27 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KEYE5nAiefc/Sex9xFhY5-I/AAAAAAAAAO0/8cEbYk5uYTg/s400/Excite+Seat.JPG

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/gotta-see-fan-makes-nice-grab-tokyo-dome-excite-seats/

In Tokyo, you get a choice between a glove or a helmet if you are daring enough to sit in the "Excite Seats." Which would you choose?

KC_Connection
06-18-2019, 07:29 PM
These days?

This has been happening since the beginning of baseball.
There were always hard hit balls except now pitchers are throwing harder than ever before and hitters are swinging harder than ever before. It's actually been a huge change in that regard over the past 20 or so years.

06-18-2019, 07:44 PM

Edit: I wonder if that would interfere with concessions sales.Might help with the obesity epidemic. :)

Oh, Hannibal Lecter mask night. LMAO

Rain Man
06-18-2019, 08:06 PM
There were always hard hit balls except now pitchers are throwing harder than ever before and hitters are swinging harder than ever before. It's actually been a huge change in that regard over the past 20 or so years.

Maybe it should be like those indy cars where they put governors on them to limit their top speed. The pitchers must always have both feet on the ground during a pitch, and the batters have to have a stance with the bat extended over the plate.

tk13
06-18-2019, 08:11 PM
This was only a matter of time. The reality guys pitch faster and players hit the ball harder and people spend too much time on their phones.

The other unmentioned thing about this is parks have less foul territory than they used to.

DaFace
06-18-2019, 08:14 PM
There were always hard hit balls except now pitchers are throwing harder than ever before and hitters are swinging harder than ever before. It's actually been a huge change in that regard over the past 20 or so years.An article I read also mentioned that ballparks that have been built in the past few decades have the seats about 20% closer to home plate compared to older stadiums. So the balls are coming harder, and you have less time to react.

BigRedChief
06-18-2019, 08:18 PM
There were always hard hit balls except now pitchers are throwing harder than ever before and hitters are swinging harder than ever before. It's actually been a huge change in that regard over the past 20 or so years.been a huge change on how they watch the game too. Phones, social Media and the internet distract fans in a way that didn’t happen 10-15 years ago.

Fish
06-18-2019, 08:39 PM
And I bet your perfect model body with 2% body fat and 10" penis would be able to bend over and take it in the ass like a true Social Justice Warrior and defender of fans rights.

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8334924544/h9562D901/

stevieray
06-18-2019, 08:44 PM

chiefzilla1501
06-18-2019, 09:28 PM

Basically the outrage is over an obstructed view most people will eventually forget about, and an inability to catch a line drive many of even the most attentive people couldn't stop.

chiefzilla1501
06-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Ambulance chasers !! Always comes down to $$.

???
You do realize baseball fans rarely get $$ out of a lawsuit because of the "baseball rule."

In58men
06-18-2019, 09:45 PM
And they wonder why they cant get people to the stadiums

Because they get hit in the face with the ball?

Hockey should remove their glass barriers as well.

jerryaldini
06-18-2019, 11:42 PM
Funny how simple safety improvements become bumper sticker trigger material.

In my day we didn't have fancy netting or cell phones .
We caught line drives with our face and became disfigured freaks. And we liked it, we loved it!

Chargem
06-19-2019, 01:21 AM
The last couple of times I was in town during the season I went to a Royals game, sat behind home plate which must have had netting but I have no recollection of it, so it clearly didn't impede my view although I wasn't super close to it.

A reasonable number of foul balls still came over too, but generally much further left or right from where I was sitting.

Red Dawg
06-19-2019, 05:37 AM
Players want it. So shut your pie holes.

ChiTown
06-19-2019, 05:43 AM
Do any Royals hit hard enough to cause injury?

This is how you do funny guys. Pay attention...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 05:52 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KEYE5nAiefc/Sex9xFhY5-I/AAAAAAAAAO0/8cEbYk5uYTg/s400/Excite+Seat.JPG

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/gotta-see-fan-makes-nice-grab-tokyo-dome-excite-seats/

In Tokyo, you get a choice between a glove or a helmet if you are daring enough to sit in the "Excite Seats." Which would you choose?

Now THAT'S how it's done. And keep your fucking 5-2 year-olds at HOME. Are you people fucking retarded or just cheap?

WhawhaWhat
06-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Getting this upset over something happening at a ballpark you'll never attend is the real cvck move.

Mecca
06-19-2019, 06:03 AM
Now THAT'S how it's done. And keep your fucking 5-2 year-olds at HOME. Are you people fucking retarded or just cheap?

In reality it is just a microcosm of society, people are lazy and distracted by their phones. So instead of paying attention or not putting a 3 year old in a spot where a screamer is going to come in, they just want it done for them.

Maybe they'll address the texting and driving epidemic that pisses me off way more than this.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 06:29 AM
In reality it is just a microcosm of society, people are lazy and distracted by their phones. So instead of paying attention or not putting a 3 year old in a spot where a screamer is going to come in, they just want it done for them.

Maybe they'll address the texting and driving epidemic that pisses me off way more than this.

Most people will get hit by a screamer even if they're not texting. The liability system in baseball is broken. I get the fan assumes some risk. But the guy losing the lawsuit against slugrrr for getting his eye knocked out is pretty ridiculous.

Mecca
06-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Most people will get hit by a screamer even if they're not texting. The liability system in baseball is broken. I get the fan assumes some risk. But the guy losing the lawsuit against slugrrr for getting his eye knocked out is pretty ridiculous.

But the thing is, you should know you are assuming risk when you sit in certain spots. It's like lots of people don't even realize this, just the same as driving a car is assuming a risk yet people treat that like they aren't either.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 06:37 AM
But the thing is, you should know you are assuming risk when you sit in certain spots. It's like lots of people don't even realize this, just the same as driving a car is assuming a risk yet people treat that like they aren't either.

And stadiums should also know they're assuming risk by not installing netting. The problem is, they have no incentive to make the game safer because they're protected almost absolutely from liability. Fans should assume most liability but not all of it.

WhawhaWhat
06-19-2019, 06:42 AM

I bet this dude hates seat belts and airbags.

Mecca
06-19-2019, 07:03 AM
I bet this dude hates seat belts and airbags.

If someone smashes into you I understand all safety measures, however people who literally fiddle with their phones all through driving are ridiculous.

MahiMike
06-19-2019, 07:04 AM
I can't believe it took us this long to finally do this. baseball is so boring nobody's ever paying attention when the foul ball comes.

loochy
06-19-2019, 07:15 AM
I can't believe it took us this long to finally do this. baseball is so boring nobody's ever paying attention when the foul ball comes.

Indeed. However, they'd only have to pay attention for about 3 seconds every two minutes thanks to the snail pace of the game.

ChiTown
06-19-2019, 07:19 AM
Getting this upset over something happening at a ballpark you'll never attend is the real cvck move.

Baseball Nets in Chicago? OMG!!

CP Members reaction
https://media.giphy.com/media/Djk9ilQA2jjOg/giphy.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 07:37 AM
Fuck Chicago. Worthless City full of trash that spawned the biggest turd piece of trash to ever travel east to Washington DC.
Every time they kill each other in that town we should all throw a party.

PunkinDrublic
06-19-2019, 07:47 AM
Their fans are used to having to watch things from behind bars so what difference does a net make?

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 07:47 AM
If someone smashes into you I understand all safety measures, however people who literally fiddle with their phones all through driving are ridiculous.

Netting wouldn't stop fan liability. You can still get smashed with a pop up while texting and it would be entirely your fault. As it should be. What the netting prevents is a lot of those screamers that are hard to prevent even when paying attention. Hell, you can even get hit with a hot dog to the eye from a mascot showing off and the fan is liable.

sedated
06-19-2019, 07:53 AM

At least one: https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25926592/fan-struck-head-foul-ball-dodgers-game-died-blunt-force-injury

And 2 people were taken to the hospital so far this season.

The Franchise
06-19-2019, 07:56 AM
And how many games do you pay to go see a year?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Their fans are used to having to watch things from behind bars so what difference does a net make?

This is 100% factual.

Red Dawg
06-19-2019, 08:54 AM
At least one: https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25926592/fan-struck-head-foul-ball-dodgers-game-died-blunt-force-injury

And 2 people were taken to the hospital so far this season.

The little girl was the last straw. They need more netting. Maybe all the way to the foul pole is over kill but more is needed.

Mr. Plow
06-19-2019, 09:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oyt0H8P.gif

gblowfish
06-19-2019, 09:12 AM
If it keeps meth fueled Chisox fans from beating up our first base coach, I'm all for it.

Frazod
06-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Sadly, we live in the age of cell phone zombies. People just don't pay attention to shit like they used to.

Also, I've seen somebody get hit with a screaming line drive up close. I was paying attention and honestly I don't know if I could have reacted in time to avoid getting hit.

I see both sides, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Also, keep in mind this is a great way to keep knuckle dragging Chicago fans from storming the field and beating up elderly coaches.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:02 AM
I more or less support the view of baseball teams being able to continue without it, but if they want to spend the money and put it up. That is on them. What I don't like is the repeated social pressure media tries to put on stuff like this. Basically, society latches onto a non-important issue compared to the grand scheme of things, and bullies said organization or person until they do what they want. And it's all based on an emotional response that lacks logic.

Why doesn't the media put pressure on cars? Bears? Gym equipment? Escalators? Escalators injure 2100 children and 2600 senior citizens a year.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 10:16 AM
I more or less support the view of baseball teams being able to continue without it, but if they want to spend the money and put it up. That is on them. What I don't like is the repeated social pressure media tries to put on stuff like this. Basically, society latches onto a non-important issue compared to the grand scheme of things, and bullies said organization or person until they do what they want. And it's all based on an emotional response that lacks logic.

Why doesn't the media put pressure on cars? Bears? Gym equipment? Escalators? Escalators injure 2100 children and 2600 senior citizens a year.

Because gym equipment and facilities that use escalators assume liability if something bad happens. Which means as risk management, they have incentive to try to find ways to make these things safer. Nobody expects that any of these things can be 100% safe. But the thought is that most companies are at least trying.

Baseball has an unusual rule where they assume almost no liability for a fan getting hurt. They have had no motivation to make the game safer for fans because they don't pay consequences if they fail in doing that.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:38 AM
Because gym equipment and facilities that use escalators assume liability if something bad happens. Which means as risk management, they have incentive to try to find ways to make these things safer. Nobody expects that any of these things can be 100% safe. But the thought is that most companies are at least trying.

Baseball has an unusual rule where they assume almost no liability for a fan getting hurt. They have had no motivation to make the game safer for fans because they don't pay consequences if they fail in doing that.

You would be surprised. Nobody assumes any liability unless a civil court says they do. I would imagine the majority of cases with escalators are people with loose clothing getting caught or people avoiding not in service signs - all of which would make the owner of said property not liable.

There is no reason to negotiate with the injured party unless there is a precedent or case law supporting that you will lose in court.

DaFace
06-19-2019, 10:42 AM
You would be surprised. Nobody assumes any liability unless a civil court says they do. I would imagine the majority of cases with escalators are people with loose clothing getting caught or people avoiding not in service signs - all of which would make the owner of said property not liable.

There is no reason to negotiate with the injured party unless there is a precedent or case law supporting that you will lose in court.

Sure, but that's clearly different than a legally-binding agreement with your ticket purchase that specifically says the stadium and team isn't responsible if you get hurt.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:43 AM
Sure, but that's clearly different than a legally-binding agreement with your ticket purchase that specifically says the stadium and team isn't responsible if you get hurt.

Just making a sign or placing something on a ticket that you didn't sign isn't necessarily legally binding contract and it is not the end all be all.

You think I can put a sign up at my house that says "I am not liable for anything that happens to you at my house" but I have a crazy dog that is known for biting people randomly. If he bites you, I'm still likely liable.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 10:44 AM
You would be surprised. Nobody assumes any liability unless a civil court says they do.

Sure. But they would have significantly more liability if they had a known risk and solution, and chose to ignore it. They're free to ignore it, but they should assume liability if an avoidable injury occurs. If a facility has some risk of financial damage if someone gets hurt, they're at least self motivated to fix some things.

Baseball should do the same. Not that they're liable for anybody getting hurt. But they should be at least liable for injuries that could have been stopped if a nets there. They're free to ignore that risk if they think the payouts would be low and that putting up nets would lose them fan money. But they need to have at least a tiny bit of skin in the game.

BWillie
06-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Sure. But they would have significantly more liability if they had a known risk and a known solution, and chose to ignore it. They're free to ignore it, but by ignoring it they should assume liability if an avoidable injury occurs. The point being that because a facility has some risk of financial damage if someone gets hurt, they're at least self motivated to fix some of things.

Baseball should do the same. Not that they're liable for anybody getting hurt. But they should be at least liable for injuries that could have been stopped if a nets there. They're free to ignore that risk if they think the payouts would be low and that putting up nets would lose them fan money. But they need to have at least a tiny bit of skin in the game.

They should not.

A liquor manufacturer makes liquor knowing full well that some people will use it irresponsibility and their product will cause death. When Johnny Lowlife drinks two packs of Busch Light and beats his wife - it's not Busch Light's fault nor should it be just because it is an expected outcome.

If some people sit in areas with a high propensity of foul balls - they know this risk before hand - and still choose to accept it. If they had no way of knowing this risk, perhaps they might have a case.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 10:58 AM
They should not.

A liquor manufacturer makes liquor knowing full well that some people will use it irresponsibility and their product will cause death. When Johnny Lowlife drinks two packs of Busch Light and beats his wife - it's not Busch Light's fault nor should it be just because it is an expected outcome.

If some people sit in areas with a high propensity of foul balls - they know this risk before hand - and still choose to accept it.

What is the risk management solution other than telling customers to avoid liquor? Here, the stadiums have a clear choice and they're choosing to ignore it. Again, it is not punting all liability to the stadiums. It's only making them liable for avoidable risk such as a 100 mph line drive. They know the risk, have a clear solution, and have chosen not to deal with it. That's like coordinating a marathon, knowing theres a major pothole and choosing not to fix it, then forcing the runner to assume all liability because the runner signed a waiver.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2019, 01:02 PM
It seems the only real argument against this is...

It obstructs the view (most fans will barely notice)

Fans won't catch screaming line drives. Maybe a few pop ups.

Less fan interaction or can't catch ground balls (this seems the biggest issue, but probably some creative ways around it).

Baseball purists don't like change.

Johnny Vegas
06-19-2019, 01:30 PM
I wonder if people would bitch about the netting if it had been the standard in stadiums since 1912?

Demonpenz
06-19-2019, 02:00 PM
it took someone to die in hockey to put nets uo

CrazyPhuD
06-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Final proof that there's more balls in the LPGA than in the MLB.

lewdog
06-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Indeed. However, they'd only have to pay attention for about 3 seconds every two minutes thanks to the snail pace of the game.

I bet you like soccer

Coach
06-20-2019, 09:42 AM
The NHL added nets above the glass on each end of the rink and you can barely notice them when you watch the play live.

I'm willing to bet this is the same here.

You chodes simply hate change.

Can confirm and agree with your comment.

I been behind the netting and behind without no netting. Very minimal obstruction anyways, that it's hardly noticeable.

Fuckin' chodes.

scho63
06-20-2019, 11:31 AM
I must be the exception because I find the nets annoying as fuck and they are a distraction.

scho63
06-20-2019, 03:10 PM
A baseball killed a woman at Dodger Stadium, MLB’s first foul-ball death in nearly 50 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/05/make-nets-higher-woman-killed-by-foul-ball-dodger-stadium-family-says

This is why nets are a JOKE and everyone on here who thinks it's such a good idea are truly NOT close to Alphas, Not Betas, Not Cvcks, not Deltas, not even Epsilons...........weak, worthless as Doug Neidermeyer said.

Just last year TWO people died from exploding Vape Pens.....do we need to put nets around those too? :rolleyes:

baitism
06-21-2019, 01:16 AM
While I would like to watch every pitch, I also realize with kids, phones, bathroom breaks I can't. I buy tickets where I know high speed foul balls won't be hit. Stop ruining the experience for others because you are too ignorant to research where it's safe for kids to sit.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2019, 06:35 AM
While I would like to watch every pitch, I also realize with kids, phones, bathroom breaks I can't. I buy tickets where I know high speed foul balls won't be hit. Stop ruining the experience for others because you are too ignorant to research where it's safe for kids to sit.

It also works the other way around. Kids love sitting that close. Why ruin the experience for kids or parents because a few people are slightly inconvenienced? Even though I'm pretty sure after a few games most people wouldn't even notice.

BigRedChief
06-21-2019, 06:45 AM
While I would like to watch every pitch, I also realize with kids, phones, bathroom breaks I can't. I buy tickets where I know high speed foul balls won't be hit. Stop ruining the experience for others because you are too ignorant to research where it's safe for kids to sit.There is no "ruining" your experience with the new netting. Have you seen the new netting? Been twice in minor league parks. Didn't even notice the netting after a little while. They have got the size small enough to do the job and the color right to blend into the baseball field.

Hockey has thick plexiglass thats hard to see through. Are hockey fans a bunch of wimps?

WhawhaWhat
06-21-2019, 07:09 AM
A baseball killed a woman at Dodger Stadium, MLB’s first foul-ball death in nearly 50 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/05/make-nets-higher-woman-killed-by-foul-ball-dodger-stadium-family-says

This is why nets are a JOKE and everyone on here who thinks it's such a good idea are truly NOT close to Alphas, Not Betas, Not Cvcks, not Deltas, not even Epsilons...........weak, worthless as Doug Neidermeyer said.

Just last year TWO people died from exploding Vape Pens.....do we need to put nets around those too? :rolleyes:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/9MITppNYL8aYtqYZ27/giphy.gif

Reerun_KC
06-21-2019, 07:11 AM
I bet you like soccer

I love the women World Cup.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2019, 07:42 AM
There is no "ruining" your experience with the new netting. Have you seen the new netting? Been twice in minor league parks. Didn't even notice the netting after a little while. They have got the size small enough to do the job and the color right to blend into the baseball field.

Hockey has thick plexiglass thats hard to see through. Are hockey fans a bunch of wimps?

Think I've read that the eye naturally adjusts to block out the netting. Yeah if people are going to fixate on how much they hate it they'll notice it. But most fans won't. Id hope that soon enough they can raise the nets between innings or if a player or ball boy wants to toss a ball into the stands. Seems the main problem is maybe missing a foul ball or ground ball or two.

In the meantime, you can actually grab a beer, look at your scorecard, go to the bathroom, talk with your neighbor. And you can actually let your kid sit close and see their favorite players up close. there are positives beyond fan safety to this too.

notorious
06-21-2019, 07:49 AM
I can’t believe people are being cunty over this. It’s a no-brainer.

scho63
06-21-2019, 07:50 AM

People who bring children under 5 or 6 and babies to a ball park are asinine and even bigger jackasses if they sit where the chances of a foul ball coming at them are high, like the 3rd base line.

All this outrage over a 2 year old getting beaned. The father should be in jail for being a bad parent. :rolleyes:

DaFace
06-21-2019, 08:21 AM
I can’t believe people are a person is being cunty over this. It’s a no-brainer.

Fixed.

DaFace
06-21-2019, 08:23 AM
People who bring children under 5 or 6 and babies to a ball park are asinine and even bigger jackasses if they sit where the chances of a foul ball coming at them are high, like the 3rd base line.

All this outrage over a 2 year old getting beaned. The father should be in jail for being a bad parent. :rolleyes:I'm not sure "fuck people who take their kids to a game" is a compelling marketing strategy.

scho63
06-21-2019, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure "fuck people who take their kids to a game" is a compelling marketing strategy.

Never said that. You thinks kids 2-4 years old belong at a baseball game? Or babies?

You know how this EASILY could have been solved: NO CHILDREN seating areas that are restricted for people over a certain age.

Problem solved with common sense, not more PC overreaction BS. :shake:

DaFace
06-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Never said that. You thinks kids 2-4 years old belong at a baseball game? Or babies?

You know how this EASILY could have been solved: NO CHILDREN seating areas that are restricted for people over a certain age.

Problem solved with common sense, not more PC overreaction BS. :shake:I've seen a 2 year old sitting first row behind the net at a hockey game. Players can come over in pregame and literally be inches away. He seemed like he was having a great time. Without the glass, that wouldn't be possible.

I just don't understand why you're so adamant that kids don't belong.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2019, 08:48 AM

Problem solved with common sense, not more PC overreaction BS. :shake:

Are we talking about children in general? Because children 5-12 can be even more difficult to manage in those seats because they can actually move around. I can't imagine a worse marketing strategy than for the mlb to make the game less accessible for young fans.

fan4ever
06-21-2019, 08:58 AM
...but if it saves even one child...

06-21-2019, 08:58 AM
I've seen a 2 year old sitting first row behind the net at a hockey game. Players can come over in pregame and literally be inches away. He seemed like he was having a great time. Without the glass, that wouldn't be possible.

I just don't understand why you're so adamant that kids don't belong.Because it's his way or the highway.

Johnny Vegas
06-21-2019, 09:30 AM
I must be the exception because I find the nets annoying as fuck and they are a distraction.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/044/247/297.png

Mr. Plow
06-21-2019, 09:41 AM
I can’t believe people are being cunty over this. It’s a no-brainer.

I can't imagine being so upset about a net.

Kramerica
06-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Extending netting is pc overreaction bs but putting age limit restrictions on certain sections of the ballpark is somehow better? Seems one of those solutions impedes the freedom of the consumer much more than the other.

The Franchise
06-21-2019, 10:32 AM
I can't imagine being so upset about a net.

The dude fucks hookers.....what do you expect?

gblowfish
06-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Maybe a company will invent a more transparent net. Something easy to see through.

scho63
06-21-2019, 04:19 PM
The dude fucks hookers.....what do you expect?

What does one thing have to do with another? :rolleyes:

I think a lot of you guys are jealous cause you have fat ugly wives and girlfriends you're stuck fucking or not even fucking or just no money to pay for good looking pussy.

That's the only response I see from you and Jewishrabbi :shake:

Rain Man
06-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Maybe a company will invent a more transparent net. Something easy to see through.

Fishing line?

Or they put up a wall, and then project everything behind the wall onto a TV screen that exactly matches the size and perspective of the picture with what's happening behind the wall.

Rain Man
06-21-2019, 04:27 PM
What does one thing have to do with another? :rolleyes:

I see that you're opposed to nets, but I hope you're not opposed to fishnet stockings. Those look good on a woman.

cdcox
06-21-2019, 05:01 PM

This is a ****ing joke and if you support it, YOU AIN'T AN ALPHA, OR A BETA, YOU ARE A CVCK!

You think there are 200 foul balls per game?

scho63
06-21-2019, 06:50 PM
I see that you're opposed to nets, but I hope you're not opposed to fishnet stockings. Those look good on a woman.

So do crotchless panties....

NJChiefsFan
06-21-2019, 07:05 PM
That is BULLSHIT and a made up statistic from a lawyer.

Don't be so naive. :facepalm:

How is that any different than the numbers you came up with earlier in this thread?

Chief Roundup
06-21-2019, 07:46 PM

This is a fucking joke and if you support it, YOU AIN'T AN ALPHA, OR A BETA, YOU ARE A CVCK!

Dude there was a woman killed less than a year ago from a foul ball. It took 4 days for her to pass from the head injury.
A little over 1.5 years ago a 2 year old girl suffered critical injuries from a ball to the face.
You need to rethink your thoughts of been this way for 60 years mindset. Batters swings are faster, pitchers are throwing harder, etc.
If the teams had to pay out for damages from foul balls they would put the nets up overnight.

lewdog
06-21-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm a big baseball fan and think this makes sense.

Maybe I'm just a pussy in my old age.

mr. tegu
06-21-2019, 08:56 PM

It’s way past time that the media needs to put some pressure on bears. They clearly won’t police themselves so we need to do something about them constantly stealing food. They are basically overgrown chipmunks at this point begging and waiting for scraps. This generation of bears has no idea what the older generation had to endure.

NJChiefsFan
06-21-2019, 10:30 PM
As mentioned the NHL has it and I never even think about or notice the nets when I am sitting behind goal in the upper deck. Perhaps this is slightly different netting/angles etc but my guess is the only people that will notice are the ones that want to. I would expect down the line that the generation that grows up with the netting won't have an issue with it.

How high is it going anyway? I'd expect the only foul balls this actually takes away from the crowd are the line drives.

I was at a Yankee game as a teenager sitting right behind the dugout and watched a line drive drill a girl right in the face. She was taken out and never came back. I would have been ok going back in time and rewatching the game through a net so that she didn't take that ball off the face.

Chief Roundup
06-22-2019, 07:49 AM
scho63, You might want to fix all your posts in here that are guilty of filter evasion.

Bowser
06-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Is it just me or is it strange that this thread is consistently at the top of the Lounge the last four days?

carcosa
06-22-2019, 08:05 AM
I see both sides

This shows real personal growth!! Beautiful :)

scho63
06-22-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm a big baseball fan and think this makes sense.

Maybe I'm just a pussy in my old age.

Does that mean you have to remove your name from the ALPHA list? ROFL

scho63
06-22-2019, 02:54 PM
scho63, You might want to fix all your posts in here that are guilty of filter evasion.

DONE

Deberg_1990
06-22-2019, 03:03 PM

I can guarantee this will happen eventually.

NJChiefsFan
06-22-2019, 04:12 PM
I can guarantee this will happen eventually.

A force field! I'm on it. Although I can't think of any other practical applications for it other than a baseball game.

Demonpenz
06-22-2019, 11:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFlKdzdnPVw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzzer99
06-23-2019, 01:46 AM
In a few years every team in baseball will have this. The fans will barely notice it and no one will remember this was even controversial - just like 99% of safety features in sports.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-23-2019, 05:44 AM
White Sox fall to the outraged brigade.

carcosa
06-23-2019, 08:39 AM
White Sox fall to the outraged brigade.

lol

WhawhaWhat
06-23-2019, 10:01 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFlKdzdnPVw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yo1AkhYPsME" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scho63
06-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Boy dies after falling in trampoline park :(

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/06/23/boy-dies-trampoline-park-wxp-pkg-vpx.hln

Damn, if only they had a net.......:rolleyes:

Pablo
06-23-2019, 02:57 PM

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/06/23/boy-dies-trampoline-park-wxp-pkg-vpx.hln

Kid fell 10 to 15 feet while on a rock climbing wall and died. Damn, that's pretty shitty. That isn't very high but he had brain injuries from it so that's what will get ya. Like taking a foul ball to the dome.

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2019, 03:05 PM

And if the accident was due to the park not addressing safety concerns, someone will pay for it. That's the way this works. Except in baseball.

ku_jhawk23
06-23-2019, 05:15 PM

A ball breaking a seat would make sportscenter.....this is bull shit

Frazod
06-23-2019, 05:24 PM
A ball breaking a seat would make sportscenter.....this is bull shit

Why would a broken seat make SportsCenter? You don't think a hard hit baseball can crack or damage a plastic seat if it hits it just right? Probably happens frequently, and repairing the damage is just a normal part of stadium maintenance.

I assume that if it had exploded like a bomb on impact, he would have mentioned that.

DaFace
06-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Why would a broken seat make SportsCenter? You don't think a hard hit baseball can crack or damage a plastic seat if it hits it just right? Probably happens frequently, and repairing the damage is just a normal part of stadium maintenance.

I assume that if it had exploded like a bomb on impact, he would have mentioned that.ROFL Yeah, it just cracked the seat back. It wasn't like a bomb went off.

Rain Man
06-23-2019, 08:15 PM
ROFL Yeah, it just cracked the seat back. It wasn't like a bomb went off.

The interesting part is that it went through the rib cage of the person in the seat.

baitism
06-23-2019, 11:30 PM
It also works the other way around. Kids love sitting that close. Why ruin the experience for kids or parents because a few people are slightly inconvenienced? Even though I'm pretty sure after a few games most people wouldn't even notice.

Not really. They could just sit behind the ample space that already provides protection with nets.

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Not really. They could just sit behind the ample space that already provides protection with nets.

Or just put in the nets and anyone can sit wherever they want. Who's excluding who at this point? By the way, another fan got drilled by a line drive in LA today.

Al Bundy
06-24-2019, 09:14 AM
Or just put in the nets and anyone can sit wherever they want. Who's excluding who at this point? By the way, another fan got drilled by a line drive in LA today.

You don't notice the nets at all. There is no reason to not have them.

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 09:23 AM

Do you even care how many dolphins are killed by nets each year?

Al Bundy
06-24-2019, 09:29 AM
Do you even care how many dolphins are killed by nets each year?

https://i.imgur.com/oS5GDPt.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/11VGdsHTrpS7FS/giphy.gif

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2019, 09:34 AM

I agree. I have done it and your eyes forget they're there pretty quickly. I actually ended up loving it because you're not always anxious about watching every split second of the game. We've reached kind of a silly point where in order to keep the game convenient for some fans, it's been suggested that we exclude other fans (like families, kids...). I'd think inconvenience is a much better outcome than exclusion.

redfan
06-24-2019, 10:46 AM
Dang, what a thing to be outraged by. How do you feel about PPE?

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 10:54 AM
I agree. I have done it and your eyes forget they're there pretty quickly. I actually ended up loving it because you're not always anxious about watching every split second of the game. We've reached kind of a silly point where in order to keep the game convenient for some fans, it's been suggested that we exclude other fans (like families, kids...). I'd think inconvenience is a much better outcome than exclusion.

And then, bam. The next time you're in a forest on Endor, you walk right into one of these.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dc/Return_of_the_Jedi_Ewok_Net.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130404044813

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2019, 11:02 AM
And then, bam. The next time you're in a forest on Endor, you walk right into one of these.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dc/Return_of_the_Jedi_Ewok_Net.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130404044813

Exactly. They didn't even see the nets.

DaFace
06-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Aww shit, the Dodgers hate freedom too.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/25/dodgers-extending-netting-after-foul-ball-hits-fan/

scho63
06-25-2019, 07:05 PM
Aww shit, the Dodgers hate freedom too.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/25/dodgers-extending-netting-after-foul-ball-hits-fan/

She was probably looking down at her phone texting emojis and a selfie with those goofy add-ons when she got hit in the noggin. :shake:

scho63
06-25-2019, 07:07 PM
Hey, I just had a brainstorm: everyone who sits in the high risk seat gets to wear a goalie mask with their teams logo!

Problem solved......

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos/284860272/1284x722/cut.jpg

Deberg_1990
06-25-2019, 07:10 PM
When do the Royals extend the nets??

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2019, 07:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G7cSZof4N4U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like a real piece of shit, she was not a third baseman and yet had the audacity to sit beyond the nets. That's a screaming line drive from one of the best hitters in the game.

lewdog
06-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Let me know when Jersey gets a baseball team.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2019, 08:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kBAWZzq.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kEUfrSxTQ1s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hyAPR9aI3KA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At this point, since we're already kicking out kids and the elderly, no beer in these sections. No eating or drinking during pitches. No bathroom breaks. No food breaks. Everyone must wear a glove. It probably still won't be enough to stop a 100+ mph line drive from drilling you. 2 of those 3 were not on their phones.

WhawhaWhat
07-11-2019, 02:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As promised, the <a href="https://twitter.com/whitesox?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@whitesox</a> are extending the protective netting at Guaranteed Rate Field all the way to each foul pole. They are the first <a href="https://twitter.com/MLB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MLB</a> team to do so. <a href="https://twitter.com/cbschicago?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@cbschicago</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Whitesox?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Whitesox</a>/SoxTV <a href="https://t.co/1n2nazrYvr">pic.twitter.com/1n2nazrYvr</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Baker (@RyanBakerMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBakerMedia/status/1149059116524089345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://media.tenor.com/images/d3f6b4a79c16af001dfb8bd5a4bf808a/tenor.gif

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 02:03 PM
In a few years every team in baseball will have this. The fans will barely notice it and no one will remember this was even controversial - just like 99% of safety features in sports.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Royals plan on extending protective netting, perhaps before the end of the season. A club official said this was in motion before a fan was hit by a ball this weekend.<br><br>“We’ll go as far as we can.” <a href="https://t.co/WUHP4c5xbK">https://t.co/WUHP4c5xbK</a></p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1150850168834658304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like I said. Probably by next year every team will have this, it one impede the game one bit, and most of the posters complaining itt will forget they were ever against it.

They'll be on to the next "SJWs are destroying the world with their nanny state argle bargle" issue. And the cycle of life continues.

loochy
07-15-2019, 02:46 PM
This just in:

Tampon dispensers to be installed on the back of every seat.

Mecca
07-15-2019, 02:50 PM
We'll see how this goes, if people have a negative reaction that'll be interesting.

WhawhaWhat
07-15-2019, 02:53 PM
This just in:

Tampon dispensers to be installed on the back of every seat.

Should help with your loose butthole problems.

scho63
07-15-2019, 02:54 PM
WE NEED A GOD DAMN NET AROUND THE DOUGHNUT SHOP NOW! :rolleyes:

Toddler dies after falling into grease trap at Tim Horton's restaurant

https://www.foxnews.com/us/toddler-3-dies-after-falling-into-grease-trap-at-tim-hortons-restaurant-police-say

A 3-year-old boy was killed in a tragic accident when he fell into unsecured grease trap behind a New York Tim Horton’s on Monday.

Efforts to revive the boy were unsuccessful, said Rochester Police Department investigator Francis Camp who choked back tears as he told reporters that the incident was a “horrible, horrible unimaginable, unspeakable tragedy.”

The toddler had come to work with his mother, an employee at the donut shop on Union Ave. in Rochester, officials said. She called cops shortly before 11 a.m. moments after her son wandered away from her side.

REASON FOR MASSIVE NYC BLACKOUT REMAINS A MYSTERY

Camp said “a witness” found the boy, who was not identified, within minutes and removed him from the grease pit.

That person administered CPR, as did police officers and paramedics, the investigator said. The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Camp described the grease pit as similar to a manhole, just steps from the rear of the donut shop. The lid covering it was plastic.

“The lid gave way and he fell into the grease trap,” he said. “It looks like it was an unsecured lid.”

Reporters watched as officers tried to comfort distraught Tim Horton employees at the scene.

Investigators were working to determine the size of the grease trap, which is typically a steel tank used to keep fats, oils, and grease out of the sanitary sewer system, the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported.

“What occurred today was a tragedy and on behalf of the Tim Hortons family, we offer our deepest condolences to the family and friends of the young boy who passed away,” Tim Hortons said.

loochy
07-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Should help with your loose butthole problems.

After eating ballpark nachos it's certainly needed

scho63
07-15-2019, 03:00 PM
-One person killed in the last 50 years from a foul ball

-214,000 people die each year from accidents and violence

:hmmm:

Good thing we're getting nets everywhere-let's put them up across the outfield as well because people get hit with home runs

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/wisqars/injury_violence_infographic850w3200h.jpg

scho63
07-15-2019, 03:02 PM
TIME TO BAN SWIMMING AND PUT NETS AROUND EVERY POOL!

From 2005-2014, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day. An additional 332 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents. About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger.

loochy
07-15-2019, 03:02 PM
-One person killed in the last 50 years from a foul ball

-214,000 people die each year from accidents and violence

:hmmm:

Good thing we're getting nets everywhere-let's put them up across the outfield as well because people get hit with home runs

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/wisqars/injury_violence_infographic850w3200h.jpg

They could have used some sort of extended net over McCovey Cove back when Barry Bonds was playing. Many innocent fish were spooked by errant homers crashing into the water.

scho63
07-15-2019, 03:05 PM
GOTTA BAN DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS OR THEY ALL HAVE A BE BEHIND NETS!!!!

Philadelphia, February 28, 2018
A new study released in the latest issue of Wilderness & Environmental Medicine shows that animal encounters remain a considerable cause of human harm and death. Researchers analyzed fatalities in the United States from venomous and nonvenomous animals from 2008-2015. They found that while many deaths from animal encounters are potentially avoidable, mortality rates did not decrease from 2008-2015. The animals most commonly responsible for human fatalities are farm animals, insects (hornets, wasps, and bees), and dogs.

In a follow-up to their previous study looking at data from 1999-2007, researchers from Stanford University used the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Wide-Ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research (WONDER) database to collect data by type of animal and individuals’ age, race, sex, and region where the fatalities occurred. They found that from 2008-2015, there were 1,610 animal-related fatalities in the US, with the majority of deaths the result of encounters with nonvenomous animals (57 percent).

Swanman
07-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Scho just won all the gold medals in the False Equivalency Olympics.

loochy
07-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Gotta ban assault weapons because they kill people? What about that one?

loochy
07-15-2019, 03:10 PM
Scho, what it boils down to is cost to effectiveness ratio.

This is a very low hanging fruit and is a very cheap solution.

Swanman
07-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Just for you sweetheart. :rolleyes:

LASTLY, IT'S TIME TO BAN ALL ILLEGALS CROSSINGS INTO U.S. TO SAVE CHILDREN AND PROTECT FROM THEM HARM!!!!

ADD NETS OR BETTER YET-A ****ING WALL!!!! :clap:

I will be nice and delete the pic. You are a ****.

Hint - the filtered words rhyme with bunt.

scho63
07-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Gotta ban assault weapons because they kill people? What about that one?

Looks pretty harmless to me........:hmmm:

https://www.gamelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Best-Nerf-Guns-To-Buy-For-Christmas-2017.jpg

scho63
07-15-2019, 03:21 PM
I will be nice and delete the pic. You are a ****.

Hint - the filtered words rhyme with bunt.

You are a pussy-this was NY Times and CNN headlines and front page phots. YOU ARE A CENSORSHIP NAZI. Worse than Google or Twitter or Facebook.

You are a CUNT- plain and simple

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2019, 03:49 PM
If we all had to wear our own nets, we'd be safe everywhere.

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Give it a few months - parents in the lower levels will be like - hey I don't have to watch to make sure my kid is paying attention every pitch - or worry about throwing my body in front of him.

Kinda like smoking bans in bars - which everyone hated at first and then were like - hey, this is kind of nice.

Sassy Squatch
07-15-2019, 03:56 PM
LMAO All this outrage over nets. Still see the game perfectly fine.

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 03:57 PM
The most expensive seats in the stadium have to look through a net. Somehow it doesn't bother them.

Al Bundy
07-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Scho is picking a weird hill to die on...

tk13
07-15-2019, 06:28 PM
The part that isn't mentioned in that tweet was a little girl was hit in the head by a foul ball yesterday and had to stay in the hospital overnight.

KCTitus
07-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Give it a few months - parents in the lower levels will be like - hey I don't have to watch to make sure my kid is paying attention every pitch - or worry about throwing my body in front of him.

Kinda like smoking bans in bars - which everyone hated at first and then were like - hey, this is kind of nice.

Forced compliance...eventually, the frog dies...yeah, great.

scho63
07-15-2019, 07:31 PM
The part that isn't mentioned in that tweet was a little girl was hit in the head by a foul ball yesterday and had to stay in the hospital overnight.

Real smart for Dad to be real cool and bring his 4-5 yr old daughter down in the line of fire and then everyone cries that young child hit by foul ball.

Not quite as dumb as adults bringing young kids to a protest March that turns violent and then is shocked.

lewdog
07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
It has to be deaths and not injuries that teams are trying to prevent?

That's a pretty retarded stance.

SAUTO
07-15-2019, 07:57 PM
The most expensive seats in the stadium have to look through a net. Somehow it doesn't bother them.

You get used to it.

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 08:28 PM

What a pussy!

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Forced compliance...eventually, the frog dies...yeah, great.

Eventually the frog doesn't get lung cancer and the smokers all have more social interaction and potential hook-up introductions with their fellow exiles. Win-win.

suzzer99
07-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Real smart for Dad to be real cool and bring his 4-5 yr old daughter down in the line of fire and then everyone cries that young child hit by foul ball.

Or, and here me out here this is going to sound crazy, but maybe the Dad shouldn't have to worry about his daughter being in a line of fire as a spectator of a sporting event. Maybe it's silly that 10,000 of the best seats in the stadium apparently should be free of children due to dangerous flying projectiles.

Maybe in some bizarro world that's a better experience for everyone, and a lot easier on the players who are clearly traumatized every time they injure someone with a foul ball or a bat.

Or maybe we all just need to grow a pair and always keep doing things the way we've always done them because change is frightening.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2019, 11:41 PM
The people most upset about nets because it "ruins their experience" are perfectly comfortable saying no parent or kid deserves to sit in those seats. Must go for older people too. And the disabled. Uhh.... or how about we just put up the nets and anyone can sit wherever they want without "assumed risk." I just went to a game behind the nets at home/3rd. Not a damn person complained or barely even noticed.

GloryDayz
07-16-2019, 06:46 AM
I don't mind either way, I don't go enough to think I've got a realistic chance to have a foul ball come my way, and because getting off your phone at most Royals games is pretty tough.

loochy
07-16-2019, 06:52 AM
At this point, who cares? They did it, you can't do anything about it, so don't bother to gripe anymore because it's done.

Sassy Squatch
07-16-2019, 07:35 AM

Not quite as dumb as adults bringing young kids to a protest March that turns violent and then is shocked.
Yeah, I was in 218, right behind where that happened. The girl was preteen age, watching the game, and couldn't do shit when that ball went careening off her temple.

lewdog
07-16-2019, 07:41 AM
I've sat here for about 5 Dbacks games before. Some say they are some of the best seats in the house.

Oh the horror of the netting!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/otqOgsal.jpg

lewdog
07-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I was in 218, right behind where that happened. The girl was preteen age, watching the game, and couldn't do shit when that ball went careening off her temple.

A overweight, middle aged white man wouldn't be able to do shit with a ball like that either.

The OP should be thanking teams for keeping his ass safe!!!

loochy
07-16-2019, 08:06 AM
A overweight, middle aged old white man wouldn't be able to do shit with a ball like that either.

The OP should be thanking teams for keeping his ass safe!!!
FYP

chiefzilla1501
07-16-2019, 08:32 AM

You mean she couldn't catch a 120 mph line drive with her bare hands? Must be because she's young and she's a girl. I'm sure the drunk guy who was "stupid" enough to eat a hot dog during an inning would have been better prepared. Maybe we should also ban all uncoordinated women from the lower sections since we seem to have identified audiences who have no business being there.

chiefzilla1501
07-16-2019, 09:00 AM
It's great for drunks who want to eat, take bathroom and bar breaks, hold a beer and a pizza in hand. Great for parents who don't have to helicopter parent. Great for kids who can see their idols up close. Great for seniors who aren't quick enough to get out of the way. Great for casual fans who don't want to bring a glove to the stadium or can't catch a soft toss let alone a line drive. Even great for baseball fans who want to talk about the game, write shit in their score books, check the scores from other games. It's great for the players who have all said repeatedly they want nets. Nets don't just benefit the pussies who can't get out of the way. They benefit everybody.

It's bad for the 2 or 3 times a game a foul ball hits the new nets instead of going into the crowd. And the 1 or 2 people I've actually heard complain about it obstructing the view. It's not just a safety benefit. It's great for the game.

carcosa
07-16-2019, 09:02 AM
IM PISED GONA KIL MY FAMLY AND SELF

tyecopeland
08-05-2019, 06:13 AM
Rangers fan got hit in the head by a foul ball, 25 rows back.

suzzer99
01-08-2020, 05:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the first time in 47 seasons, the original foul poles at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheK?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheK</a> are being replaced.<br> <br>A piece of one of the originals will be sent to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Royals</a> Hall of Fame.<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AlwaysRoyal?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AlwaysRoyal</a> <a href="https://t.co/bnqduNB0Z2">pic.twitter.com/bnqduNB0Z2</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Royals (@Royals) <a href="https://twitter.com/Royals/status/1215031369832644608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Royals are replacing the old foul poles to put up ones that can handle netting.

Meanwhile: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/us/houston-astros-young-child-brain-injury-foul-ball-spt-trnd/index.html

(CNN)A young girl hit by a sharply hit foul ball at a Houston Astros game more than seven months ago has permanent brain damage, an attorney representing the girl's family told the Houston Chronicle.

"She (the child) has an injury to a part of the brain, and it is permanent," Richard Mithoff said to the Chronicle. "She remains subject to seizures and is on medication and will be, perhaps, for the rest of her life. That may or may not be resolved."

Mithoff told the Chronicle that the 2-year-old girl remains in treatment for the brain injury and that doctors have not determined if she has cognitive deficits due to her injuries. Doctors have described the brain injury as the equivalent of a stroke in its effect on the girl's central nervous system, Mithoff said according to the Chronicle.

The girl sustained a fractured skull, subdural bleeding, brain contusions and brain edema,

https://i.imgur.com/ofoN22h.png

The world moves on, things improve, the "dammit in my day we were tough" crowd like scho quickly forgets and moves on to the next wussification outrage that's going to ruin this country.

Chiefspants
01-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sure people were saying football was "wussifying" or whatever when Teddy Roosevelt almost banned the sport entirely because players kept dying on the field.

People will get over this.

Chiefshrink
01-08-2020, 06:03 PM
I'm actually very surprised netting hasn't been mandated long ago in MLB considering our very very litigious society nowadays.:shrug:

Mephistopheles Janx
01-08-2020, 06:21 PM
Am I wrong to say that if you sit in an area of the stadium where balls are coming at you at 110 MPH, you fail to pay attention, and you get hit with said ball... that shit is on you.

https://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015/06/06/1b80d7f8-5c6c-4f95-8b0d-7a7b04ba9e2a/boston-red-sox-fan-476042702.jpg

If you sit a 2 year old in that area, FAIL TO PAY ATTENTION, they get hit by a ball, and they now need to be spoon fed for the rest of their lives... that shit is on the parent.

Parent paying attention:

https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/hero2.jpg

Parent not paying attention:

https://res.cloudinary.com/tsl/image/upload/s--sM67dHkH--/c_scale,w_600/v1578511790/toddler-hit-baseball.jpg

-----

Nah... why experience personal accountability when we can just sue and babyproof everything for the dumbest common denominator?

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Am I wrong to say that if you sit in an area of the stadium where balls are coming at you at 110 MPH, you fail to pay attention, and you get hit with said ball... that shit is on you.

https://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015/06/06/1b80d7f8-5c6c-4f95-8b0d-7a7b04ba9e2a/boston-red-sox-fan-476042702.jpg

If you sit a 2 year old in that area, FAIL TO PAY ATTENTION, they get hit by a ball, and they now need to be spoon fed for the rest of their lives... that shit is on the parent.

Parent paying attention:

https://res.cloudinary.com/tsl/image/upload/s--sM67dHkH--/c_scale,w_600/v1578511790/toddler-hit-baseball.jpg

-----

Nah... why experience personal accountability when we can just sue and babyproof everything for the dumbest common denominator?

I don't think there's any proof that the parent wasn't paying attention.

It's not the smartest thing to bring your kid there. But if your stadium's way of punting liability is to tell fans they have to be ready at a moment's notice to catch a 110 mph hardball screaming at your head or else it's your fault... So who's not allowed down there now? No kids. Nobody with poor coordination, probably a lot of women. No seniors. No handicapped. All phones confiscated. No scorebooks. And while we're at it, nobody should be allowed to hold a beer or nachos during a pitch. Maybe then people will just pay attention like they're supposed to.

Al Bundy
01-08-2020, 06:48 PM

Parent paying attention:

-----

This is a real dumbass take.

Mephistopheles Janx
01-08-2020, 06:49 PM
I don't think there's any proof that the parent wasn't paying attention.

It's not the smartest thing to bring your kid there. But if your stadium's way of punting liability is to tell fans they have to be ready at a moment's notice to catch a 110 mph hardball screaming at your head or else it's your fault... So who's not allowed down there now? No kids. Nobody with poor coordination, probably a lot of women. No seniors. No handicapped. All phones confiscated. No scorebooks. And while we're at it, nobody should be allowed to hold a beer or nachos during a pitch. Maybe then people will just pay attention like they're supposed to.

Why do they need to be told??? Logic states that a 100mph fastball crushed into the stands on a line drive is gonna hurt like a mother fucker if it hits you.

Drink beer and chow nachos while updating your twitter feed all you want. Nothing needs to be confiscated nor do people need to go through some sort of coordination test. But if you get drilled by a baseball... it is on you. If you brought your 2 year old that CAN'T pay attention for themselves... then doubly so.

/completely agreed with the bolded part

Mephistopheles Janx
01-08-2020, 06:51 PM
This is a real dumbass take.

Excellent response. I can see why you are a valued member of this community. The conversation that you bring is just...

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1466739999ra/19513640.gif

big nasty kcnut
01-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Seriously who give a shit about the white sox.

suzzer99
01-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Why do they need to be told??? Logic states that a 100mph fastball crushed into the stands on a line drive is gonna hurt like a mother fucker if it hits you.

Drink beer and chow nachos while updating your twitter feed all you want. Nothing needs to be confiscated nor do people need to go through some sort of coordination test. But if you get drilled by a baseball... it is on you. If you brought your 2 year old that CAN'T pay attention for themselves... then doubly so.

And what about the players who are scarred for life? Maybe just to be nice to them we can look through some netting? Would you like to go to work knowing you could give a little kid brain damage - even if it's 100% her parents' fault?

Bearcat
01-08-2020, 07:27 PM

This isn't exactly "better put warnings on everything to tell people hot coffee might not feel good when spilled into your lap".... why should there even be a possibility of being hit with a ball traveling at 110mph when you're watching a baseball game?

You could say they shouldn't sue and should assume the risk... but, saying the netting is 'babyproofing' is quite the stretch. And it's perfectly illustrated by your "paying attention" pic being of a guy knocking down a bat instead of a 110mph ball.

DanT
01-08-2020, 07:39 PM
I'm good with the nets being extended to protect the fans. I remember that September 1, 1982, game when Amos Otis threw his bat on three consecutive swings (https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/09/03/Center-fielder-Amos-Otis-was-not-in-the-Kansas/4530399873600/), with the first bat going over the Rangers (third base) dugout and hitting a fan that I believe may have been hard-of-hearing. I don't fully trust my memory, but I think the injured fan had come to the game missing an ear and when he got hit, blood was coming from that area of his head. It was already bad enough that a fan got injured, but that particular fan was someone who seemed to go from one minute paying attention to the game to then being a very unwilling object of everyone's attention, frightened and injured. I was only a couple of rows away, with my back turned making a hot dog for a customer. (I was a food vendor at Truman Sports Complex from 1982-88.) That bat did some damage. The Rangers manager said after the game that he felt that Otis was trying to throw the bat into the dugout, in retaliation for being hit in the back of his head during his previous plate appearance. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/26354343/september_2_amos_otis_2/

Anyway, back then, the nets just protected the areas in between the dugouts, but now they also protect the area behind the dugouts. I'm OK with them going further down the line, mostly to protect fans from hard-hit foul balls, but the nets also would prevent fan interference, which very much irks me. Down the left-field foul lines in Chicago, there was that ridiculous Bartman incident that kept Alou from catching a foul at Wrigley, but there was also that glorious catch by Alex Gordon against the White Sox, so I suppose there are some bad aspects to the extended netting. But, all and all, I'd rather not see fans and workers in the stands get hit by projectiles.

Mephistopheles Janx
01-08-2020, 07:40 PM
And what about the players who are scarred for life? Maybe just to be nice to them we can look through some netting? Would you like to go to work knowing you could give a little kid brain damage - even if it's 100% her parents' fault?

I have gone to work knowing I could give a kid brain damage if the parent was negligent. While I am grateful it never happened and I would have felt bad for the kid... I, for one, wouldn't have been "scarred for life" over it as it was something completely out of my control.

Has a ballplayer stated they were scarred for life because someone got brained by a foul ball or is this editorialized?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=albert+almora+scarred+for+life&atb=v198-1&ia=web

Doesn't come up with him saying anything of that nature. I did read how some players called for added netting but nothing about "scarred for life". Again though... they are calling for the babyproofing of a stadium to cater to the dumbest common denominator.

I'm not adamantly against the additional netting. I'll never sit behind the dugout again but that aside it won't change whether or not I watch the game. I'm simply wondering why there is zero accountability for those who get hit. They sue, team settles. Never mind that the majority of these injures could be avoided by simply being aware of the game you paid to go watch.

Pay attention and you/your crotchfruit likely doesn't get a baseball to the dome.

Chief Roundup
01-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Yes sir! You are wrong.

Parent paying attention: And still barely blocked a bat. Not a 110MPH ball.

-----

Dude you are acting like everything is cut and dry. There are many variables and instances that a person can not be perfectly aware and respond in that split second.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Why do they need to be told??? Logic states that a 100mph fastball crushed into the stands on a line drive is gonna hurt like a mother ****er if it hits you.

If a fan gets drilled by a baseball even though you're paying attention or your only crime was eating a hot dog or drinking a beer or talking to your neighbor, then that's a problem with stadiums as we know it. Not the fans. I wouldn't bring a 2-year old down there... but let's not let that distract from the idea that a section that is perfectly capable of being safe enough for that 2-year old to be there intentionally chooses not to do it.