PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink I NEED BEER!!!

gblowfish
06-22-2019, 09:34 AM
A week from today, Mrs. B and I are throwing a 25 year Anniversary Party. When we did our wedding reception, I bought kegs of beer and ended up having to flush most of a full keg down the drain. I cried inside. Now when we throw parties I buy bottled beer, so the leftovers can last through the summer.

Do all places have about the same prices on beer, or is there a couple of places in KC that usually have better deals than others? I'm talking Boulevard, Bud or Bud Light and Coors Light for the pussy boys and chicks who drink beer.

Any suggestions?

In58men
06-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Costco

bdj23
06-22-2019, 09:38 AM
I got a keg of Coors light and Blue moon for my reception last summer for a hair over $300

They've gone up since I was 19.

carcosa
06-22-2019, 09:48 AM
Ask some teens to ask a college student to buy the beer for you

Titty Meat
06-22-2019, 10:06 AM
I'd def hit up Costco

rabblerouser
06-22-2019, 10:09 AM
I'd def hit up Costco

This or Sam's Club - definitely the best prices on quantity.

bdj23
06-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I'd def hit up Costco

Welcome to Costco, I love you.

rabblerouser
06-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Welcome to Costco, I love you.

You went to law school at Costco?

phisherman
06-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Lukas Liquors in Martin City or OP. Tons of kegs at reasonable prices.

gblowfish
06-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Ask some teens to ask a college student to buy the beer for you

There's a wino out by the dumpster behind my local 7-11....

gblowfish
06-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Looks like most of the standard places like Wal Mart or Target averages anywhere from $ .67 to $ .80 per beer, depending on whether its in cans or bottles.

gblowfish
06-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Anybody buy at Red X in Riverside? Is it any better of a deal?

oldman
06-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Check ads for Gomer's and Red X. I'm not sure how much you need, but it might be worth your time.

https://www.gomers.com/

https://www.riversideredx.com/

srvy
06-22-2019, 11:37 AM
A week from today, Mrs. B and I are throwing a 25 year Anniversary Party. When we did our wedding reception, I bought kegs of beer and ended up having to flush most of a full keg down the drain. I cried inside. Now when we throw parties I buy bottled beer, so the leftovers can last through the summer.

Do all places have about the same prices on beer, or is there a couple of places in KC that usually have better deals than others? I'm talking Boulevard, Bud or Bud Light and Coors Light for the pussy boys and chicks who drink beer.

Any suggestions?

From the land of sky blue waters

srvy
06-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Anybody buy at Red X in Riverside? Is it any better of a deal?

In my youth Red X was the place to buy beer in volume kegs or returnable long neck bottles. In my opinion those days are gone along with returnable longnecks. Also Red X liquors has changed a bit since the beautiful people moved into Briarcliff West and upper scale subdivisions surrounded it. Its worth a try and see what price you can get in volume. Red X is good for finding a bottle of wine or a nice bourbon not sure about the beer anymore.

Rawlsian
06-22-2019, 12:10 PM
I'm sure it's spilled all over the floor of some frat house somewhere

scho63
06-22-2019, 01:06 PM
I'm just really glad you didn't ask for prices of wine coolers! :thumb:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :clap:

gblowfish
06-22-2019, 02:54 PM
I tried to buy beer today at Wal Mart. I had a bunch of other stuff, including some lawn and garden stuff, and the cashier in lawn and garden said "I'll have to go get a manager who has a liquor clearance." OK, whatever. Twenty minutes later, I'm still standing there. So I told the less than motivated checker, "look just forget the beer. I'll buy it somewhere else." I hate shopping at Wal-Mart anyway. I'll meet up with my pal Mr. Doggity at Costco next week. He has a memebership.

Bowser
06-22-2019, 03:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O-jOEAufDQ4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jackkked
06-22-2019, 03:10 PM
I am pretty sure that you do not need a membership to purchase just beer, wine, or other alcohol at Costco or Sam's. It may be just certain states, not all of them, check locally. Has something to do with post prohibition laws

lewdog
06-22-2019, 03:59 PM
I am pretty sure that you do not need a membership to purchase just beer, wine, or other alcohol at Costco or Sam's. It may be just certain states, not all of them, check locally. Has something to do with post prohibition laws

Correct. Don’t need a membership to purchase alcohol at Sams or Costco.

Have at it Gblow!!!

Pablo
06-22-2019, 05:27 PM
You need to grab a bunch of 30 packs of Busch Light and call it good my friend. You'll spend $17 per and get an easy drinking light beer that everyone can appreciate.

And Costco doesn't have some killer price on light beers. Same as Wal-Mart or Hy-Vee or Price Chopper. You can get yourself a 24 pack of Tank 7 there though so that's nice.

I would advise snagging a couple of handles of their Kirkland American style vodka. $13 per for that juice is a great deal.

eDave
06-22-2019, 05:29 PM
byob

srvy
06-22-2019, 05:55 PM
byob

Good advise. Nobody will be happy with the choice in beer. Feed them but let them take the liability of drinking.

cooper barrett
06-22-2019, 06:00 PM
I needed cherry smoking chunks 10 minutes later... I tore off the bar code and left $7

I tried to buy beer today at Wal Mart. I had a bunch of other stuff, including some lawn and garden stuff, and the cashier in lawn and garden said "I'll have to go get a manager who has a liquor clearance." OK, whatever. Twenty minutes later, I'm still standing there. So I told the less than motivated checker, "look just forget the beer. I'll buy it somewhere else." I hate shopping at Wal-Mart anyway. I'll meet up with my pal Mr. Doggity at Costco next week. He has a memebership.

cooper barrett
06-22-2019, 06:12 PM
to bad you are not near me.........http://inacents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/120428-Jungle-Jims-Mini-Kegs.jpg

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Should be some 4th of July specials by mid-week

Miles
06-23-2019, 01:31 AM
You need to grab a bunch of 30 packs of Busch Light and call it good my friend. You'll spend $17 per and get an easy drinking light beer that everyone can appreciate.

And Costco doesn't have some killer price on light beers. Same as Wal-Mart or Hy-Vee or Price Chopper. You can get yourself a 24 pack of Tank 7 there though so that's nice.

I would advise snagging a couple of handles of their Kirkland American style vodka. $13 per for that juice is a great deal.

Busch? He said nothing about a college party where quantity is key.

Back in college a friend of mine and I’d always bring Busch Lite when going to byob house parties knowing it wouldn’t get taken as quick by those assholes that didn’t bring stuff.

Miles
06-23-2019, 01:34 AM
Correct. Don’t need a membership to purchase alcohol at Sams or Costco.

Have at it Gblow!!!

Same in my state. My Costco and Sams have really upped their game on having some surprisingly good beers too.

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Should be some 4th of July specials by mid-week

Yes, I was thinking this too. When I was in college in the stone age when quantity was more important than quality there were a number of go to beers. At Mizzou, there was Weideman's, Shaeffer, Grain Belt, Mickey's Mart Liquor, Little Kings, 9-0-5 beer, Red, White and Blue Beer. "Light Beer" didn't exist. Coors was considered "Light Beer." The basic beer was Busch. Bud if you had the money. Bud and Michelob was about as good as it got as a domestic. We didn't have the regional brewers like Boulevard. Those were different times. There was PLENTY of weed around. Weed was never hard to find if you wanted it.

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 11:46 AM

We're not doing any hard liquor because our lease agreement with the venue only allows for beer and wine. Insurance from over serving I suppose... I don't drink white liquors like rum, vodka or gin. I still have gallons of that shit left over from our wedding reception 25 years ago, unopened! Stoli, Tanqueray, Bacardi...all that stuff. I don't drink Tequila. It's my devil liquor. I promised Jesus in College if he'd let me live through the night I'd never touch Tequila again. I've kept my promise.

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 12:02 PM
My wife went and bought a couple cases of wine from our friend Sara at Baltimore Bend Winery in Waverly, MO. Her mom and dad Dick and Kathleen Livingston are wonderful people. We've known them for as long as we've been married. I'm not a wine drinker, but understand their wine is very good.

https://www.baltimorebend.com/

cooper barrett
06-23-2019, 12:26 PM
We're not doing any hard liquor because our lease agreement with the venue only allows for beer and wine. Insurance from over serving I suppose... I don't drink white liquors like rum, vodka or gin. I still have gallons of that shit left over from our wedding reception 25 years ago, unopened! Stoli, Tanqueray, Bacardi...all that stuff. I don't drink Tequila. It's my devil liquor. I promised Jesus in College if he'd let me live through the night I'd never touch Tequila again. I've kept my promise.

Do you ship?

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Do you ship?
Sometimes I'll take a bottle to a party and give it to the host. My father in law bought waaaay more liquor than we needed for our reception. So it's taken us a long time to work through it. I don't know how much I have left, but I know I have several unopened bottles left.

cooper barrett
06-23-2019, 01:46 PM
My buddy in St Louis gets enough to fill a 9' X 5" dining table every year and he doesn't drink.....

Pablo
06-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Damn, that's crazy but to each their own.

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Damn, that's crazy but to each their own.

Yeah I know. My wife has a Coors Light every once in awhile and a Bahama Mama at Red Lobster. I have a beer fridge on my back porch with "Lawn Beer" for after working on the yard. Right now it's full of Bud. I like Boulevard Wheat and also like Crown Royal and Reiger's Whiskey, but that's about all the hard stuff I touch, and it's not very often. I can drink Rum or Vodka at gunpoint, but don't like it much. I have a Bloody Mary maybe once every two years....

ptlyon
06-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Yeah I know. My wife has a Coors Light every once in awhile and a Bahama Mama at Red Lobster. I have a beer fridge on my back porch with "Lawn Beer" for after working on the yard. Right now it's full of Bud. I like Boulevard Wheat and also like Crown Royal and Reiger's Whiskey, but that's about all the hard stuff I touch, and it's not very often. I can drink Rum or Vodka at gunpoint, but don't like it much. I have a Bloody Mary maybe once every two years....

Donkey piss

lewdog
06-23-2019, 02:16 PM
Sometimes I'll take a bottle to a party and give it to the host. My father in law bought waaaay more liquor than we needed for our reception. So it's taken us a long time to work through it. I don't know how much I have left, but I know I have several unopened bottles left.

Any whiskey or bourbon in that stash???

cooper barrett
06-23-2019, 02:17 PM

get in line

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 02:46 PM
Donkey piss

Yeah I know. But chicks and wimps drink it.

gblowfish
06-23-2019, 02:47 PM

Nope. I finished that off long ago.

scho63
06-23-2019, 02:51 PM
I can see I'll be stopping by the Blowfish Estate next time in KC for some alcohol tasting....