PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs have 2nd worst fan base in the NFL according to some fuckin NERD

carcosa
06-24-2019, 04:46 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-patriots-fans-are-best-in-the-nfl-chiefs-los-angeles-lagging-study-153035364.html

Relevant passages:

Dr. Lewis judges fan bases on three criteria: Fan Equity, Social Equity and Road Equity. Here’s how those break down.

Fan Equity is a matter of judging how well fans support their team by backing up their words with dollars — i.e., how much they spend on everything from season tickets to jerseys. If a team fills its stadium but there’s not much demand past that, their Fan Equity score is lower.

Social Equity is based on a team’s social media reach — i.e., how many followers the team has across various social media channels. A team that’s not able to draw many followers on social isn’t a team with a deep degree of Social Equity.

Road Equity involves measuring how well a team draws on the road, adjusting for team performance. People show up to watch when the Cowboys or Steelers come to town. People don’t show up to watch when, say, the Bengals or Titans do. (Sorry, Cincy and Tennessee, but you know it’s true.)

The Kansas City Chiefs are the most notable question mark in these rankings. How can a team which could have won the Super Bowl last year, a team with the reigning NFL MVP, be ranked second-to-last? Chiefs fans haven’t even read this far before typing out their rage.

Two factors: first, the effects of last year’s triumph haven’t fully manifested yet. Second: by the numbers, Chiefs fans — while loud in volume — are small in number, at least as of last season. But here’s where we could start to see some real change. If Mahomes remains the game-changer he seems to be, if he becomes the Stephen Curry of the NFL, the Chiefs — like the Warriors in the NBA — could go from afterthought to trendy bandwagon team, and that would increase KC’s equity across all three criteria.

Our Beautiful Quarterback Man has voiced his displeasure with the findings of this motherfuckin EGGHEAD CHUMP:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wait what?!? Heck no <a href="https://t.co/mazHQB2emE">https://t.co/mazHQB2emE</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1143283447818932224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New World Order
06-24-2019, 04:49 PM
The Chargers, who fill about 20% of their stadium with their own fans outrank us? LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-24-2019, 04:51 PM
My ability to function is in shitambles

smithandrew051
06-24-2019, 04:52 PM
I bet it’s really fucking difficult to be a Patriots fan and watch your team win 6 titles in your lifetime. That takes real dedication to watch a team through those tough times.

Easy 6
06-24-2019, 04:53 PM
Came across this headline on yahoo right before logging in here, didn’t even bother reading it... yahoo sports fucking SUCKS

COWBOYS AND PATRIOTS ARE DA NUMBA 1! :drool:

rabblerouser
06-24-2019, 04:53 PM
They probably saw the "should Tyreek be cut" poll and then saw SAUTO's posts...

Bowser
06-24-2019, 04:54 PM
The Chargers, who fill about 20% of their stadium with their own fans outrank us? LMAO

https://youtu.be/J1MEs_R0yJA

Sounds like a home game to me.

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we've seen these shallow observations before. It's basically a measure of which teams have the most fair-weather fans.

Imon Yourside
06-24-2019, 04:56 PM
Pure garbage, some of the worst garbage known to man.

carcosa
06-24-2019, 04:57 PM
We Must Burn Down Emory University

PHOG
06-24-2019, 04:57 PM
LMAOLMAO Riiiiiight!

displacedinMN
06-24-2019, 05:00 PM

looks like one too

KCUnited
06-24-2019, 05:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rUOcmeV.jpg?1

ChiTown
06-24-2019, 05:04 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

New World Order
06-24-2019, 05:05 PM

Holy crap, Ragland and our safeties killed us that game

06-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Eh. They can think what they want. Who gives a shit?

Easy 6
06-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Broke the internet with that one :bravo:

kcxiv
06-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Well this whole Tyreek thing and the over reaction doesnt make them the top 5 thats for sure.

Bump
06-24-2019, 05:42 PM
I went to a Pats game once and as I was walking from the parking lot some drunk idiot stopped his car and screamed "GET A FUCKING CAR YOU LOSER GET A FUCKING CAR" and I said "Where the fuck do you think I'm coming from" and he just kept screaming "GET A FUCKING CAR"

Best22
06-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Silly

DomCasual
06-24-2019, 05:46 PM
Total nonsense.

How are you guys not last?

:D

Dartgod
06-24-2019, 05:47 PM
I went to a Pats game once and as I was walking from the pahking lot some drunk idiot stopped his cah and screamed "GET A ****ING CAH YOU LOSER GET A ****ING CAH" and I said "Where the **** do you think I'm coming from" and he just kept screaming "GET A ****ING CAH"

FYP

Bump
06-24-2019, 05:49 PM
FYP

lol ya

Hydrae
06-24-2019, 05:59 PM
Don't care.

The only way to get better on this list is to get a bunch of bandwagon fans. I know it is inevitable but damn I wish they would stay away!

rabblerouser
06-24-2019, 06:01 PM
I went to a Pats game once and as I was walking from the parking lot some drunk idiot stopped his car and screamed "GET A ****ING CAR YOU LOSER GET A ****ING CAR" and I said "Where the **** do you think I'm coming from" and he just kept screaming "GET A ****ING CAR"

That was Amnorix.

MMXcalibur
06-24-2019, 06:02 PM
We're at peak off-season when the annual "best fanbase rankings" start squirting out the anus of sports media.

Dylan
06-24-2019, 06:13 PM
Came across this headline on yahoo right before logging in here, didn’t even bother reading it... yahoo sports fucking SUCKS

COWBOYS AND PATRIOTS ARE DA NUMBA 1! :drool:
ROFL

BigRedChief
06-24-2019, 06:24 PM
Come on CP don’t let this click bait shit article get you riled up. 31st? ROFL

RealSNR
06-24-2019, 06:32 PM
Bandwagon "I like this team because they're good!" bullshit isn't fandom.

Just like how there are so many 30-45 year old "Bulls fans" out there. Yeah, I'll bet they just loooooove the Bulls because of the team they are.

Imon Yourside
06-24-2019, 06:33 PM

It didn't it's just pure garbage why would I get riled up? :)

WhiteWhale
06-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Bandwagon "I like this team because they're good!" bullshit isn't fandom.

Just like how there are so many 30-45 year old "Bulls fans" out there. Yeah, I'll bet they just loooooove the Bulls because of the team they are.

Yeah, but what about it?

I mean someone may fairweather over, but they may raise their kid to be a die hard faithful fan.

I mean, I get it, but it's a sportsball fandom. Not a cult.

FlaChief58
06-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Duh Chiefs fan aren't blind sheep willing to accept a shitty product year after year so they be bad....

notorious
06-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Chiefs fan might be the stupidest for sticking with the franchise all these years, but certainly not the worst.

RealSNR
06-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but what about it?

I mean someone may fairweather over, but they may raise their kid to be a die hard faithful fan.

I mean, I get it, but it's a sportsball fandom. Not a cult.

The point is that the dude tried to invent a fandom metric and it fucking sucks.

Cleveland Browns fans aren't all that numerous, but you're going to seriously fucking tell me the Jags or the Chargers have a higher ranking?

Tombstone RJ
06-24-2019, 07:06 PM
More useless information!

lewdog
06-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Must be ranking by IQ, because that's believable.

Chiefs fans are retardedly loyal.....and all that inbreeding in the Midwest.

lcarus
06-24-2019, 07:35 PM
I bet it’s really fucking difficult to be a Patriots fan and watch your team win 6 titles in your lifetime. That takes real dedication to watch a team through those tough times.

Living in Oklahoma I've seen a huge influx of people wearing Patriots shirts and hats over the past 5 years. Fucking bandwagon fans. Probably the exact same people that were decked out in Denver gear back when Peyton Manning was there. Probably the same exact people that will be wearing Mahomes jerseys in another 2 years.

gblowfish
06-24-2019, 07:37 PM
I would enthusiastically like to invite the author of this journalistic diarrhea to vigorously lick me where I fart.

BleedingRed
06-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah how many other fan bases fucking flew planes to get someone fired?

SuperBowl4
06-24-2019, 07:44 PM
We Must Burn Down Emory UniversityThe Good, the bad, the hungry. ESPN 30 for 30. July 4th Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest - Major League Eating!

Fish
06-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I don't really give a single shit what some Yahoo writer says. I mean... Yahoo.

Easy 6
06-24-2019, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah how many other fan bases fucking flew planes to get someone fired?

An oft imitated, but never duplicated feat

Chiefs fans changed the paradigm

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 07:59 PM
I went to a Pats game once and as I was walking from the parking lot some drunk idiot stopped his car and screamed "GET A ****ING CAR YOU LOSER GET A ****ING CAR" and I said "Where the **** do you think I'm coming from" and he just kept screaming "GET A ****ING CAR"

Pre-Mahomes, maybe he was yelling, "Get a cah-tuh-back"! I would have agreed.

06-24-2019, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I don't really give a single shit what some Yahoo writer says. I mean... Yahoo.I think AOL is more relevant

J Diddy
06-24-2019, 09:11 PM
I think AOL is more relevant

Only when viewed using the Netscape browser.

alpha_omega
06-24-2019, 09:15 PM
This dude has obviously never logged in here.

carcosa
06-24-2019, 09:55 PM

IM PISSED!!!!

Fish
06-24-2019, 10:03 PM
I think AOL is more relevant

I wasn't aware, but AOL was actually bought by Verizon for $4.4B exactly four years and one day ago. Clearly a good investment.

Redbled
06-24-2019, 10:33 PM
His road equity concept has zero to do with a fan base. As a teacher this sounds like the D- student in my class just trying to skim by with some quick BS.

YontsRBake
06-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Anyone who puts the Patriots in the top 5 on a ranking of fanbases is fkn clueless lmao. How quickly people have forgotten that they almost were forced to relocate in the 90's

Tribal Warfare
06-25-2019, 01:41 AM
We get it done, they can ESAD

threebag
06-25-2019, 02:33 AM
Don't care.

The only way to get better on this list is to get a bunch of bandwagon fans. I know it is inevitable but damn I wish they would stay away!

Welcome them

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHN0v8hyaDfEPAI/giphy.gif

Warrior5
06-25-2019, 04:23 AM
Stopped reading this bait article as soon as saw "equity."

IUsedToBeATightEnd
06-25-2019, 05:50 AM
They forgot to include "Fan Loyalty" !!

"Fan Loyalty is a matter of judging how much the fan base is prone to turning their back on players subject to (social) media slandering and extortion from members of the family."

The Chiefs rank first on this.

stumppy
06-25-2019, 06:56 AM
GMFB is trashing this guy for putting the Chiefs at 31.

06-25-2019, 07:14 AM
I wasn't aware, but AOL was actually bought by Verizon for $4.4B exactly four years and one day ago. Clearly a good investment.LMAO. I'm just being facetious. AOL is dead other than email.

Graystoke
06-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Yahoo=BagOdicks

crazycoffey
06-26-2019, 01:41 AM
I went to a Pats game once and as I was walking from the parking lot some drunk idiot stopped his car and screamed "GET A FUCKING CAR YOU LOSER GET A FUCKING CAR" and I said "Where the fuck do you think I'm coming from" and he just kept screaming "GET A FUCKING CAR"

“Gheyt ah fuggin kah” is probably more like it

Naptown Chief
06-26-2019, 04:48 AM
CHIEFS HAVE #1 MOST BEST NFL FOOTBALL FORUM
-THIS FUCKING NERD

htismaqe
06-26-2019, 10:48 AM
LMAO. I'm just being facetious. AOL is dead other than email.

America Online, the dialup provider, is indeed dead. However the AOL brand includes The Huffington Post and Engadget, among others. The addition of Yahoo! brought YahooNews, YahooSports, and Tumblr.

Ad revenue alone is paying for the acquisitions and that doesn't even count the behind the scenes tech stuff that nobody actually knows about because it isn't consumer-facing.

htismaqe
06-26-2019, 10:50 AM
I wasn't aware, but AOL was actually bought by Verizon for $4.4B exactly four years and one day ago. Clearly a good investment.

It actually was a good investment.

loochy
06-26-2019, 11:02 AM
CHIEFS HAVE #1 MOST BEST NFL FOOTBALL FORUM<br />
-THIS FUCKING NERD<br />
<br />
OH HELL YEAH!

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d7/d7d4a622c2c5bb780edbe02be7c3940b5be526e7a8d3361c2d04cfb2acb3cd7a.jpg

carcosa
06-26-2019, 11:16 AM
CHIEFS HAVE #1 MOST BEST NFL FOOTBALL FORUM
-THIS FUCKING NERD

YES BITCH! CHIEFS PLANET DOT COM #1 ON LINE!!!!!!!!

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2019, 11:25 AM
I've been struggling to come up with why. I thought big market, but green bay and indy are toward the top. I still can't believe for a second indy belongs anywhere near there. I think there are a few things at work.... Let's face it, until last year, we played boring ass football. No swagger. No excitement. We may have sold tickets but did we sell jerseys? Kelce and Tyreek became superstars last year. Second, think it's really really telling that on the bottom are mostly teams with almost no major playoff success. Much as we may hate then, the Homer's, Fairweather fans, and bandwagon jumpers aren't there. But I think toward midyear last year you saw that really start to change.

I'd bet we make an enormous jump next year

T-post Tom
06-26-2019, 11:29 AM
USA Today is on our side. Go Ted!:

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/gty-1093385618-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Get the heck out of here with your rigorously researched quantitative analysis, Emory University professor Mike Lewis. How dare you, sir?

You may have your “scholarly methods” that use “actual information” to “quantify” the quality of NFL fanbases, and maybe your “science” suggests that Kansas City Chiefs fans rank 31st out of 32 pro football fanbases in terms of loyalty.

But you know what I’ve got? My gut instinct, about three total weeks’ worth of time spent in Kansas City across the Octobers of 2014 and 2015, the knowledge that it is both silly and impossible to attempt to characterize any group as large as an NFL team’s entire fanbase, and the understanding that pandering to sports fans in any particular city is a one-way ticket to Traffic Town.

I really meant it when I called Kansas City “the best baseball town in America” in 2015, and I don’t ever expect to come across a place so comprehensively invested in a baseball team as Kansas City was for its Royals during their back-to-back World Series runs. Basically everyone you saw, everywhere in the city, was decked out in Royals’ gear and/or talking about the Royals. It was cool. It doesn’t seem like it’s like that anymore, but I haven’t been there to see it.

And while maybe I don’t personally feel comfortable making broad generalizations about something as inherently nebulous as a fanbase, I do believe there are regional particulars to the way people behave, and I know people in Kansas City behave in a way that ultimately creates good barbecue. That’s admirable!

Also, where my neighbors in New York City tend to studiously avoid making eye contact or in any way acknowledging strangers on the street, people in Pittsburgh give you a passing nod, and people in Tampa shoot you a totally unnerving and vaguely lascivious side-eye staredown, Kansas Citians ask you how you’re doing when they see you on the street, then seem like they’re genuinely interested in knowing the answer. They’re so nice.

Kansas City is almost certainly the best city in Missouri and possibly also the best city in Kansas. There are a couple interstates running through the heart of town, so it’s fairly easy to drive around. There’s one neighborhood so hip that its coffee shop refused to serve me milk with my coffee because they think it cheapens the coffee experience, or something.

The biggest buildings are all sort of close together and set atop a hill, so its skyline has a way of looking triumphant even though it has zero entries on the Wikipedia’s list of tallest buildings in the U.S. This effect is amplified if the radio happens to be soundtracking Kansas City with the Electric Light Orchestra’s Fire On High, and Kansas City rock radio is constantly playing Fire On High.

As a snobbish Coastal Elite, I am naturally reluctant to praise any city that is not my own. But when Kansas City comes up in conversation in the cramped, overpriced, often roach-infested places where I hang out, I’ll tell friends that it’s “actually not bad” and even “kind of cool,” then regale them with the hilarious story of the time in 2005 my friends and I ordered four beers at a Westport bar and assumed the bartender meant they were $2.50 each and not $2.50 total.

Top of my head, I’m not sure I know any Kansas City Chiefs fans personally, and I know I’ve never been to a Kansas City Chiefs game. But I know all of the above-mentioned stuff about Kansas City, and it all makes me think Chiefs fans in general are actually not bad, maybe even kind of cool, and definitely not the NFL’s second-worst fanbase no matter what this guy’s math says. Chiefs fans: You’re welcome.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/kansas-city-chiefs-fans-pandering-please-click-and-share-and-subscribe-your-barbecue-is-good

lcarus
06-26-2019, 11:32 AM
I've been struggling to come up with why. I thought big market, but green bay and indy are toward the top. I still can't believe for a second indy belongs anywhere near there. I think there are a few things at work.... Let's face it, until last year, we played boring ass football. No swagger. No excitement. We may have sold tickets but did we sell jerseys? Kelce and Tyreek became superstars last year. Second, think it's really really telling that on the bottom are mostly teams with almost no major playoff success. Much as we may hate then, the Homer's, Fairweather fans, and bandwagon jumpers aren't there. But I think toward midyear last year you saw that really start to change.

I'd bet we make an enormous jump next year

Indy is towards the top? I remember when we made the playoffs with Huard and played in Indy for wild card weekend. I was at that game and it felt like a Chiefs home game. And I believe that was the year Manning won the Super Bowl. Such a dumb list.

Naptown Chief
06-26-2019, 12:14 PM
YES BITCH! CHIEFS PLANET DOT COM #1 ON LINE!!!!!!!!

FUCK YIP (I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation)!!!

I hope your summer has been going well, and I hope you continue enjoying the kind of diarrhea that only Taco Bell can give you!

Fish
06-26-2019, 12:15 PM
It actually was a good investment.

Even Verizon disagrees with that. They lost over $4B, fired the guy hired to do the merger, and ended up cutting lots and lots of jobs because of it.

Verizon cuts 10,000 jobs and admits its Yahoo/AOL division is a failure
(https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/12/verizon-cuts-10000-jobs-and-admits-its-yahooaol-division-is-a-failure/)

Verizon Media CEO Reveals His Plan For Reviving Struggling Online Business (http://fortune.com/2019/04/25/verizon-media-ceo-guru-gowrappan-turnaround/)

htismaqe
06-26-2019, 12:17 PM
A lot of people are going on about attendance. The OP clearly states it isn't really part of the metric.

If a team fills its stadium but there’s not much demand past that, their Fan Equity score is lower.

I personally think it should have more weight but the idiot that wrote the article evidently thinks Twitter posts and jerseys are more important than ticket sales.

RunKC
06-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Even Verizon disagrees with that. They lost over $4B, fired the guy hired to do the merger, and ended up cutting lots and lots of jobs because of it.

(https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/12/verizon-cuts-10000-jobs-and-admits-its-yahooaol-division-is-a-failure/)

Verizon Media CEO Reveals His Plan For Reviving Struggling Online Business (http://fortune.com/2019/04/25/verizon-media-ceo-guru-gowrappan-turnaround/)

Telecom world is full of some goddamn morons. I work with folks in all varieties of these companies.

Yes Verizon fucked up and AT&T fucked up with Directv

htismaqe
06-26-2019, 12:22 PM

The 10K jobs were part of a voluntary separation and a reorganization to align business units with upcoming edge computing and content strategies, strategies that wouldn't exist without the acquisitions of those two companies.

Yahoo was as good as dead when they were acquired. Of course they admitted the division was a failure because it was. It was when they bought it. If the only measure of success is short-term stock returns, then sure, call it a failure. There's a lot more to it than that.

ThyKingdomCome15
06-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Last time KC played Dallas, the Hill Mary game, there was TONS of red in the stands. They got DAL way up there.

loochy
06-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Last time KC played Dallas, the Hill Mary game, there was TONS of red in the stands. They got DAL way up there.

Indeed. I was there. The noise level we produced was surprisingly loud. The stadium busted out into a chop on a few occasions. However, Dallas fans are notoriously fair weather and weak willed.

KCTitus
06-26-2019, 07:30 PM
I completely disagree with this 'DR's concept of a fan or fan base...the metrics used are basically, amount of disposable income, social media participation and lastly but probably the worst is whether or not other fans show up to watch a road team.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how one's fandom is measured by whether or not fans in Houston show up for the Kansas City Chiefs coming to town. This person's version of a fan has no idea on how to measure fandom.

If one were to try to quantitatively measure fandom, one part of that equation would want to discount, naturally, bandwagon fans, so the number of championships in recent time, like in the last 5-10 years should necessarily dilute the fandom quotient.

How does one try to measure me a fan of a team that has not won a championship since I was 9months old and have been an active member of a fan forum for 20 years versus some douchebag that has lots of money to spend in Boston who twitters about the Pats....

there is no measurement. Fuck him.

New World Order
06-26-2019, 07:41 PM

Yep

Was at least 40% red in that stadium

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Chief Fan has a goatee, shitty genetics, bangs skanks in the parking lot on their Camero, and wants to release Reek. Outside of that, they’re pretty solid.

Halfcan
06-26-2019, 10:32 PM
dumb

KC_Lee
06-27-2019, 07:44 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-patriots-fans-are-best-in-the-nfl-chiefs-los-angeles-lagging-study-153035364.html

Our Beautiful Quarterback Man has voiced his displeasure with the findings of this mother****in EGGHEAD CHUMP:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wait what?!? Heck no <a href="https://t.co/mazHQB2emE">https://t.co/mazHQB2emE</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1143283447818932224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Think I'll let the immortal Homer Simpson sum up all our feelings about the author of this study.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRsPheErBj8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2019, 07:01 PM
This is what happens when you let SAUThole provide criteria and DaFucboi write a computer algorithm.

A peanut butter cup of digital dipshit ensues which tastes and operates like your standard, shitty CP server on playoff game day.

Kiimo
06-27-2019, 07:32 PM
The fact that the Los Angeles Chargers, who's fans actively hate their team and can't fill a soccer stadium are above the Chiefs that you have to flush this turd immediately.

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Indy is towards the top? I remember when we made the playoffs with Huard and played in Indy for wild card weekend. I was at that game and it felt like a Chiefs home game. And I believe that was the year Manning won the Super Bowl. Such a dumb list.

Indy's a total shit fan base. I'm just saying the rankings don't favor big markets as I thought and Indy being high up is proof. I can actually totally buy the idea that things like jersey sales drove up those rankings. Whose jersey has anyone had any interest in buying the past few years in KC? Meanwhile, I'd imagine Peyton and Luck jerseys have flown off the shelf for years. Before Mahomes, KC had a complete star drought. I'd bet that played a huge part in these rankings. Yeah, it's not the best way to measure a fan base. Just trying to come up with an explanation.

RobertWeathers
06-28-2019, 08:46 AM
Anyone who puts the Patriots in the top 5 on a ranking of fanbases is fkn clueless lmao. How quickly people have forgotten that they almost were forced to relocate in the 90's

The potential relocation to STL back in 1993 had nothing to do with the Patriots fan base.

FlorentinePogen
07-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Bleacher Report has released a "corrected" rankings with Chiefs at #1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2843690-mike-tanier-fixes-the-nfl-fanbase-rankings

Kiimo
07-02-2019, 11:16 AM
That needs its own thread it is so good

1. Kansas City Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, MO - SEPTEMBER 17: Fans tailgate prior to a game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Denver Broncos at Arrowhead Stadium on September 17, 2015 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Peter G. Aiken/Getty Images)
Peter G. Aiken/Getty Images
Engagement: 10

Cuisine: 9

Savvy: 10

Internet Personality: +2

FAN SCORE: 31

"Chiefs 2nd to last? I'm not even a Chiefs fan and I know those are some of the best fans in the NFL" —maximus1318203

"As a Raiders fan, I find the Chiefs ranking horribly offensive." —BradG12

Ranking the Chiefs fanbase 31st was the Lewis-Emory study's greatest blunder. Chiefs fans are renowned for their mouthwatering tailgate fare, willingness to travel for their team and seismic stadium atmosphere, not to mention their high football IQ: Chiefs supporters know their enemies in a way that would make Sun Tzu nod approvingly.

There's also an essential purity to Chiefs fandom that transcends demographics. There has never been anything trendy about rooting for the Chiefs, a bandwagon era in the last four decades or national cache of cool. For Chiefs fans, it's all about the football, food and fellowship—in good times, bad times and (most frequently) break-your-heart-in-the-playoffs times.

scho63
07-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Telecom world is full of some goddamn morons. I work with folks in all varieties of these companies.

Yes Verizon fucked up and AT&T fucked up with Directv

AT&T also bought Excite the search engine. That was great for the founders only.

07-04-2019, 11:10 PM
There's also an essential purity to Chiefs fandom that transcends demographics. There has never been anything trendy about rooting for the Chiefs, a bandwagon era in the last four decades or national cache of cool. For Chiefs fans, it's all about the football, food and fellowship—in good times, bad times and (most frequently) break-your-heart-in-the-playoffs times.

amen

Chiefshrink
07-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Just a troll hit piece out of envy.:rolleyes:

Mahomes_Is_God
07-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Chief Fan has a goatee, shitty genetics, bangs skanks in the parking lot on their Camero, and wants to release Reek. Outside of that, they’re pretty solid.

Yo, wtf you got against banging skanks on the hood of their Camaro?