PDA

View Full Version : Life ***** OFFICIAL JUSTIFIED ROAD RAGE THREAD *****

Willie Lanier
07-07-2019, 08:30 PM
I just felt this was something that needed to be created; I apologize in advance if Q

So I'm driving in a mostly residential area, and this expletive deleted who is probably on his phone damn near runs me off the road (I'm in the right lane, he's in the left) and I (at least in my opinion) politely honk, not laying on the horn, just a quick honk...

This pos speeds in front of me, brake checks me gives me the finger, and then we pull to a stoplight.

I would complete the story but it'd be funnier to hear how the fine folks around here would handle the situation...

If this thread is a fail, it's a fail, but I thought why not let the collective CP braintrust get creative?

FlaChief58
07-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Pull out your 9 and put some vent holes in him

displacedinMN
07-07-2019, 08:39 PM
not a fail. Great videos online of idiot drivers.

At that point, I would have let him go. Get the hell away from him.

But today, I had someone cut me off on a roundabout. Tailgated her for a few miles. She had been doing it for me for about 15.

Karma eventually takes care of these people.

It seems like I attract shithead drivers on a daily basis.

Tribal Warfare
07-07-2019, 08:45 PM
A few times assholes cut me off thinking that driving fast is intentional, but rather knowing the physics and dimensions of my car. Ultimately, most get into accidents thinking, I'm attempting to out drive everyone.

displacedinMN
07-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I love when someone is weaving in and out of traffic on city streets. Then we are next to each other at the stop light. I look at them and them them a thumbs up.

Tribal Warfare
07-07-2019, 08:53 PM
I love when someone is weaving in and out of traffic on city streets. Then we are next to each other at the stop light. I look at them and them them a thumbs up.

or cut you off at a turn when you're just a car length away at a turn.

TLO
07-07-2019, 09:03 PM
What you gotta do in this situation is head down to Bud's Exhaust shop. You need to be running at minimum straight pipes. Ideally you'd be running open headers. Then when he pulls up to you at the light you just rev your motor. He'll know you're alpha and drive away defeated.

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 09:07 PM
You let that shit go. Dying over road rage is a shitty way to die.

Willie Lanier
07-07-2019, 09:16 PM
You let that shit go. Dying over road rage is a shitty way to die.

Well that's what happened, and I agree with your stance, I just thought it could be a good outlet for people to shit on drivers who really deserve it...

Al Bundy
07-07-2019, 09:17 PM
I agree let it go. Get yourself a dash cam and drive defensively. I always let the idiots go and save my dashcam footage.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Someone may have sent him a video of his daughter. Making out with a guy in a Raider jacket & a Bronco hat, on backwards

Al Bundy
07-07-2019, 09:20 PM
The 2 worst places for idiots on my somewhat daily drive is the 2 left turns out of the Best Buy parking lot at 115th and Metcalf. It is a dual durn and people in the left turn lane have the 2 left turn lanes onto Metcalf, the right 2 have the straight through and right turn onto Metcalf. Idiots in the left lanes always merge with no signal most of the time if you honk at them they get pissed off and brake check you.

lewdog
07-07-2019, 09:22 PM
I had a gun pointed at me at a stop light, after road raging with a shitty driver here.

Never again. I just let it go.

Al Bundy
07-07-2019, 09:22 PM
The other is in a parking lot at 119th and Roe. Entrance in from 119th has no stop sign, all three other parts of the 4 way have a stop sign. People ignore them and run them all the time.

Al Bundy
07-07-2019, 09:23 PM
I also ride my bike to work and wear a go pro. People don't pay any attention and from time to time will honk at me, or say some shit. I just ride away.

KS Smitty
07-07-2019, 09:35 PM
I also ride my bike to work and wear a go pro. People don't pay any attention and from time to time will honk at me, or say some shit. I just ride away.

There are a few brave souls who do that here but they're riding on 45mph and 65 mph speed limits. :shake: When I get behind them I always slowly slow down so they know I'm aware of them and then I will not pass them if it's a no passing zone and it's an obvious blind spot and try to give them room after passing instead of cutting right back in. I almost had a head on collision with some yahoo passing a bicyclist on the crest of a hill the other day. :rolleyes:

Flying High D
07-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Driving in the right lane on a four way. Cruise control set at 65 mph. Start coming up on a vehicle going slower than 65. A vehicle comes up in the right lane like a bat out of hell, slows down and either stays in my blind spot or gets along side my car and just stays there. I have to brake and wait for them to eventually start driving like a bat out of hell again and then o get the hell out of the way. This happens all the time. So is it standard to drive fast in the right lane til you get parallel with a vehicle that is in the left lane and slow down and stay parallel with that car?

Tribal Warfare
07-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Driving in the right lane on a four way. Cruise control set at 65 mph. Start coming up on a vehicle going slower than 65. A vehicle comes up in the right lane like a bat out of hell, slows down and either stays in my blind spot or gets along side my car and just stays there. I have to brake and wait for them to eventually start driving like a bat out of hell again and then o get the hell out of the way. This happens all the time. So is it standard to drive fast in the right lane til you get parallel with a vehicle that is in the left lane and slow down and stay parallel with that car?

http://classifieds.usatoday.com/automotive-sponsored/5-car-accident-scams-watch/

Al Bundy
07-07-2019, 10:03 PM
http://classifieds.usatoday.com/automotive-sponsored/5-car-accident-scams-watch/

Dash Cam fixes all of those scams.

Rain Man
07-07-2019, 10:16 PM
I walk to work, and I can usually tell when a moron decides to run a stale yellow or red light as I'm waiting to cross. I'll prominently step out and point at the light as the idiot drives through, and if their window is down I'll yell, "RED LIGHT!" I hope it embarrasses a few of them, even though I recognize that most of them are too stupid to comprehend life.

I was running the other day and when my light turned green I started to run only to realize that a moron was planning to run a yellow light two lanes away. When he saw me, he slowed down and I pointed out the light as he rolled by me into a red light. I waited for that idiot to go through and started to run again, but some mouthbreathing soccer mom then tried to run the stale red in her suburban SUV while drinking her Starbucks. Since I was already three lanes into the intersection, she got stuck in the middle of the intersection waiting for me, particularly since I'd already had to stop for the previous moron. She actually had the nerve to honk at me, so I stopped and pointed up at the red light that was directly above me and informed her that "RED MEANS STOP!". I hope her husband cheats on her with the babysitter.

Willie Lanier
07-07-2019, 10:24 PM
I walk to work, and I can usually tell when a moron decides to run a stale yellow or red light as I'm waiting to cross. I'll prominently step out and point at the light as the idiot drives through, and if their window is down I'll yell, "RED LIGHT!" I hope it embarrasses a few of them, even though I recognize that most of them are too stupid to comprehend life.

I was running the other day and when my light turned green I started to run only to realize that a moron was planning to run a yellow light two lanes away. When he saw me, he slowed down and I pointed out the light as he rolled by me into a red light. I waited for that idiot to go through and started to run again, but some mouthbreathing soccer mom then tried to run the stale red in her suburban SUV while drinking her Starbucks. Since I was already three lanes into the intersection, she got stuck in the middle of the intersection waiting for me, particularly since I'd already had to stop for the previous moron. She actually had the nerve to honk at me, so I stopped and pointed up at the red light that was directly above me and informed her that "RED MEANS STOP!". I hope her husband cheats on her with the babysitter.

This is the kind of quality content I was hoping to evoke...

Let's create more of this during the offseason

TinyEvel
07-07-2019, 11:21 PM
I have a saying "they're not doing it to you, they're just doing it." Which I say to myself whenever a road rage situation occurs. Helps me to let it go.

cooper barrett
07-07-2019, 11:28 PM
Just accel away maybe to 100 and as they catch up, slam on the brake, veer right, donate your car wash quarters to his headlights and windshield as he goes past on the left.. They leave nasty dents too.

Rasputin
07-08-2019, 01:05 AM
I call people who leave their turn signal on for miles but never get off the interstate or highway, liars.

MMXcalibur
07-08-2019, 01:20 AM
I let everything go.
I'm not going to die because some other asswipe is a shitty driver. It's just not worth it.

I give a wide berth to every other motorist and will gladly move to the right to make way for speed demons who want to go 95 in the pass lane.

07-08-2019, 02:32 AM

Not the ones behind you.

That said, you are better with a dashcam than without one. I'd like one but I think the prices are a little stupid for what they really are. I've used a app on my phone as a dashcam but it isn't very good. Better than nothing though.

BryanBusby
07-08-2019, 03:46 AM
And what's the deal with airplane food

threebag
07-08-2019, 03:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/gdfZMAG.gif

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Not the ones behind you.

That said, you are better with a dashcam than without one. I'd like one but I think the prices are a little stupid for what they really are. I've used a app on my phone as a dashcam but it isn't very good. Better than nothing though.

I have the front and rear dashcam.

Coyote
07-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Driving styles across the country are very different. Having commuted in both the San Diego and Washington DC areas for many years and when back driving around KC, I try to adapt to the traffic. Some observations:

DC, never use a turn signal on the beltway. It’s simply a sign to others to block you. Always look for a nice car to merge on-they typically yield quicker. Look for female drivers to merge on as well. This is terrible form in the KC area. Dick moves in KC, in DC helps manage traffic since no one is expected to yield to others.

In SoCal, move! Speed is set by traffic flow, not that gauge on the dashboard. Catch up or blow up. If traffic is jammed, stay right early (miles) before your exit. Let motorcycles, split lanes. Don’t make eye contact around LA.

Around KC, people get uncomfortable in close quarters merging and look for lots of space or try and merge at the last minute like it’s a contest. Speed management is erratic. They change speeds on the highway unpredictability much more than the other areas.

Lane changes. KC has more folks with a panicked look and bending their necks all around when changing lanes. They seek eye contact or some acknowledgement. Expecting others to yield or give them some distance they approve of? This also leads to lifting the throttle and screwing up both lanes by dropping speed just to change lanes.

And worrying about cars behind them being some improper distance. Brake checks and the like. They basically try to regulate other drivers much more around KC.

Overly courteous? Thinking they are helping by slowing for others and stopping for turning vehicles. Nice but follow the rules of the road not your own etiquette and manners.
Four way stops are entertaining. Lots of folks, become the intersection mayors and waive their hands like they’re in charge. When you get a couple of these folks at once is a treat.

Lzen
07-08-2019, 07:22 AM

Good grief. People can be such scumbags.

Lzen
07-08-2019, 07:25 AM

I see this all the time and it pisses me off. I know when my light turns green and then someone is just now entering the intersection that they had to have run a red light.

Just to clarify, Rainman, these lights were alreday red prior to them entering the intersection? It is legal to enter when the light is still yellow when you enter the intersection.

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 07:36 AM
I see this all the time and it pisses me off. I know when my light turns green and then someone is just now entering the intersection that they had to have run a red light.

Just to clarify, Rainman, these lights were alreday red prior to them entering the intersection? It is legal to enter when the light is still yellow when you enter the intersection.

Whenever I am out walking people consistently ignore the white walk sign for me, especially along 119th st.

Lzen
07-08-2019, 07:44 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JmQDoldiHjk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN
07-08-2019, 07:49 AM

With two young drivers in the house-that scares the hell out of me.

Lzen
07-08-2019, 07:50 AM
I could write a book about all the stupid crap other drivers do on a daily basis.

Here's a newer one that I have noticed recently. I'm in the passing lane (usually in a city) and the person in the right lane merges in front of me to let the person coming from the on ramp into traffic. So, you have no problem making me slow down and cutting me off just to try to be courteous to the person who is supposed to yield to you by law. :cuss:

Lzen
07-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Whenever I am out walking people consistently ignore the white walk sign for me, especially along 119th st.

I used to ride my bicycle a lot. But I never trusted drivers so I would ride on the sidewalks. Of course, I would move into the grass if there were pedestrians on the sidewalk. Whenever crossing a street in front of a car, I always made certain that they saw me and made eye contact before proceeding across the street.

cron912
07-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Not the ones behind you.

I got this (https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Recorder-Parking-Monitor-Detection/dp/B07G6J8W1B/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=petzio&qid=1562594847&s=gateway&sr=8-3) one for about $60, and really like it. I did install it myself, though.

MahiMike
07-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Pull out your 9 and put some vent holes in him

Unfortunately this is likely to happen to the poster. Folks are crazy out there. Best thing is to smile and wave. It's not worth it.

Bwana
07-08-2019, 08:43 AM
I have always done a lot of traveling for my jobs and I have seen about everything. A few years ago, I was passing some clown through a mountain pass and he hit the gas. I'm like fine and got back behind him at a safe distance. He slowed way down again. (40 in a 70 MPH zone) I tried to pass him again and he did the same thing. This happened 5 or 6 times before I finally put the hammer down and passed him.

After I got by him he got right on my ass, less than a car length. I figured this douche was going to start ramming my car, which was why I hit the exit. I stopped and was ready for whatever. I got out of the car and he kept going. I had no idea if he was armed or not, but I was. It's the only time I have run into anything like that. Normally the biggest pain in the ass I run into out there on the interstate, is left lane guy.

burt
07-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Of all the road hand gestures, the one I use most is the raised, Sorry, I'm an idiot, hand.

Due to the fact that I am a poor driver, I find myself saying.."Yeah, I've accidentally done worse" and smiling.

We had a road rager follow us home in Fla. I was worried that I might have to kill him. He calmed down and left before I had to.

BryanBusby
07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Too many people getting shot over stupid road rage shit.

The best thing that happened to me over my driving aggressiveness was moving out of the city. Fuck city driving.

Bearcat
07-08-2019, 09:05 AM
I have always done a lot of traveling for my jobs and I have seen about everything. A few years ago, I was passing some clown through a mountain pass and he hit the gas. I'm like fine and got back behind him at a safe distance. He slowed way down again. (40 in a 70 MPH zone) I tried to pass him again and he did the same thing. This happened 5 or 6 times before I finally put the hammer down and passed him.

After I got by him he got right on my ass, less than a car length. I figured this douche was going to start ramming my car, which was why I hit the exit. I stopped and was ready for whatever. I got out of the car and he kept going. I had no idea if he was armed or not, but I was. It's the only time I have run into anything like that. Normally the biggest pain in the ass I run into out there on the interstate, is left lane guy.

Someone in NC basically tried to run me off the road (and into the mountain on the left side) when I tried to pass them.... they were doing something similar, they'd speed up and also move into the middle of the road when I tried passing. I hammered it and had to hug the left edge of the road to get by. Pretty sure my brother in the passenger seat could have reached out and punched him in the throat, he was so close.

Stuck between a douchebag and a hard place.

No escalation beyond that though, they quickly faded away in the rear view mirror.

Sorce
07-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Except for #2 because you are at fault. Stay in your lane.

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 09:09 AM
I always try to avoid any conflict on the road.

Frazod
07-08-2019, 09:09 AM
The only time I ever got out of the car was about 20 years ago - some idiot cut me off and I shot him the bird, then he stopped and got out. Then I got out. We basically called each other cocksuckers while our girlfriends yelled at us to get back in the car and stop being an idiot, and that's what we did.

The last time I was engaged with somebody who was pissed at me was a couple of years ago. I was moving to pass a car on a 4-lane road. There was another car behind me, and behind that was some troglodyte on a motorcycle who must have zipped around the car behind me at the same time. Suddenly there's a bike on my back bumper and this idiot was yelling and screaming at me. He passed me yelling and screaming and flipping me off, then we ended up next to each other at a red light, and he was still yelling and screaming. He never got off his bike or made a move toward me. I just smiled back at him. Gotta let shit like that slide now that I carry.

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Except for #2 because you are at fault. Stay in your lane.

Yes, and that is not a scam. People consistently fail dual turns and get pissed off when you honk at them.

BryanBusby
07-08-2019, 09:13 AM
The last time someone raged at me waa because I was motioning for them to hurry the fuck up because they needed a mile wide opening to make a left turn.

They got out of the lovely Ford Ranger wearing leather pants and it was just too funny. It took all my being to not laugh in their face because I really just wanted to get to work and it was Christmas Eve and eh whatever.

burt
07-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Gotta let shit like that slide now that I carry.

The bolded part should not matter.

Bearcat
07-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Which reminds me.... long ago, I was on 9 highway in north KC (~55mph and I was probably going 60-65), and some douchebag was entering from the cloverleaf on ramp (Vivion Rd, I think). They wanted to get onto I-635 South, which means they have to accelerate from ~30-35mph and get over 3 lanes in less than a quarter mile.

I was the only car around, and instead of waiting a second for me to pass, the dickhead blatantly cuts me off without really attempting to speed up at all. I laid on my horn while initially breaking... then just as he decides to break check hard, I figured I'd hammer it and pass him on the right. He went from maybe ~30-35mph to almost nothing, in the middle of the highway, while I blow by him... and I look in my rear view mirror to see him yelling and shaking his fist and what not. LMAO

It was great.

Frazod
07-08-2019, 09:16 AM
The bolded part should not matter.

People shouldn't act like cunts when they drive. That's the part that matters.

Kman34
07-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Why are people such assholes?? Last couple of years I have been driving a Dumptruck at night for a second job..hauling millings and asphalt.. been cut off multiple times and if I lay on the air horn I get the middle finger most of the time... Why would you fuck with a guy hauling 38 tons of millings??
Just last week in my pickup ..had a dude cut me off so I had to slam on my brakes all I did was raise my hands up and I got the finger and a fuck off from him...
If I do something stupid driving I usually give a courtesy wave showing I fucked up.. maybe I’m doing it wrong..

Rasputin
07-08-2019, 10:24 AM
FUACkING BULLSHIT get out of my way YOU FUCKING WANKERS. Bloody Hell

Rain Man
07-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Why are people such assholes?? Last couple of years I have been driving a Dumptruck at night for a second job..hauling millings and asphalt.. been cut off multiple times and if I lay on the air horn I get the middle finger most of the time... Why would you fuck with a guy hauling 38 tons of millings??
Just last week in my pickup ..had a dude cut me off so I to slam on my brakes all I did was raise my hands up and I got the finger and a fuck off from him...
If I do something stupid driving I usually give a courtesy wave showing I fucked up.. maybe I’m doing it wrong..

I'll immediately forgive almost anything if I get a courtesy wave. If I get a courtesy wave, I assume the person is a fine driver who just missed a detail.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-08-2019, 10:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/gdfZMAG.gif

Roll-out to the right and throws a laser with tremendous accuracy.

Mahomes?

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2019, 10:27 AM
A friend died in a road rage incident years ago.

With practice, I learned to let go of my need to win at traffic.

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 10:29 AM
A friend died in a road rage incident years ago.

With practice, I learned to let go of my need to win at traffic.

Always the right way to go about it.

Coyote
07-08-2019, 10:31 AM
I'll immediately forgive almost anything if I get a courtesy wave. If I get a courtesy wave, I assume the person is a fine driver who just missed a detail.

Concur

BryanBusby
07-08-2019, 10:35 AM
I get a lot of middle fingers when I'm on the road, so it's good to know that others also agree that I am the #1 driver. Always nice to get reassurance.

Eleazar
07-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Being a CPer I would have torn the top of his car open like a sardine can, yanked him out of there with my 24" pythons, and pummeled him to death with my 26" trouser snake

Bearcat
07-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Just last week in my pickup ..had a dude cut me off so I had to slam on my brakes all I did was raise my hands up and I got the finger and a fuck off from him...

And WTF does it take people 6 days to pass large trucks?! Hell, I've even noticed it the couple times I've driven relatively small moving trucks. The safest possible thing you can do is pass and get the fuck over, yet people seem perfectly content to sit in their blind spot while creating a line of cars behind them. :cuss:

Coyote
07-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Why are people such assholes?? Last couple of years I have been driving a Dumptruck at night for a second job..hauling millings and asphalt.. been cut off multiple times and if I lay on the air horn I get the middle finger most of the time... Why would you **** with a guy hauling 38 tons of millings??
Just last week in my pickup ..had a dude cut me off so I had to slam on my brakes all I did was raise my hands up and I got the finger and a **** off from him...
If I do something stupid driving I usually give a courtesy wave showing I ****ed up.. maybe I’m doing it wrong..

Yeah I watch this around trucks a lot. Then see the guy pissed off about the truck. Darwin Award participants. They usually have consistent behavior with life I figure.

Eleazar
07-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Yeah I watch this around trucks a lot. Then see the guy pissed off about the truck. Darwin Award participants. They usually have consistent behavior with life I figure.

The people who do this kind of stuff, taunting vehicles that could crush them like a soda can or getting in fights in traffic, are usually people who occupy a corresponding station in life

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 10:43 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F0SK1Tbw5Zc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks
07-08-2019, 10:51 AM
My latest incident:

So im driving home from work the other day and i look to my right and see two cars. One car has a few young-ish dudes in it minding their own, the car behind them has some older guy in it who looks quite displeased. It's apparent that the older guy was road raging. For what, i don't know.

The car with the younger guys exist and I'm feeling quite trollish. I figured that if i were to change lanes in front of the rager i'd set him off.

I didn't cut him off. I didn't do anything impolite or illegal. I simply changed lanes. I looked in my mirror and sure enough, he's raging. LMAO His arms are flailing, he's talking to himself etc. Quite funny how simply changing lanes set him off.

So i flipped him off, laughed and watched him rage even harder before exiting.

Road Ragers are funny. They're easy to identify and they never realize how ridiculous they look when they're triggered.

Bwana
07-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Heh, now that I think about it, I had a bit of an incident last week. I was sitting at a roundabout and some hot headed crazy bitch that was behind me, started laying on the horn. There were cars driving around the roundabout in front of me in both lanes at the time and if I would have pulled out, I would have been hit. Figure that one out, perhaps a meth head? I had just come back from talking to a good friend of mines son. My friend had died two days before and I wasn't in a great mood. It's probably a good thing it wasn't a dude.

crayzkirk
07-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Expect people to do something stupid and you won't be surprised. Most people are so unaware of what they are doing that they rarely do anything intentionally. Of course, the person having a bad day simply wants someone to flip them off or honk so they feel justified in directing their anger towards someone else.

Drivers have gotten much less considerate of yellow/red lights. There used to be a saying about left turns on yellow: three go thru. Lucky if you can get thru the light when it turns red without getting broadsided.

When did everyone get in such a hurry?

Hydrae
07-08-2019, 12:58 PM
And WTF does it take people 6 days to pass large trucks?! Hell, I've even noticed it the couple times I've driven relatively small moving trucks. The safest possible thing you can do is pass and get the **** over, yet people seem perfectly content to sit in their blind spot while creating a line of cars behind them. :cuss:

That has to be one of the most dangerous things you can do while driving. I make a point of being NOT to sit in anyone's blind spot. Then again, I practice defensive driving so that I seldom have to deal with an emergency situation caused by someone else's idiocy.

Frazod
07-08-2019, 01:13 PM
And WTF does it take people 6 days to pass large trucks?! Hell, I've even noticed it the couple times I've driven relatively small moving trucks. The safest possible thing you can do is pass and get the fuck over, yet people seem perfectly content to sit in their blind spot while creating a line of cars behind them. :cuss:

Nothing worse than one semi going 55 MPH passing nine other semis going 54 MPH. Thankfully with the higher speed limits that's kind of become a thing of the past. Pretty sure the drivers just did it to fuck with people.

Flying High D
07-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Going from one job to another I pull a 36’ 5th wheel. Why would someone pass this going down a hill and slow up? Now I can’t get any momentum to get up the other hill with any decent speed. Pull vehicle is F-250 Diesel.

Bearcat
07-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Nothing worse than one semi going 55 MPH passing nine other semis going 54 MPH. Thankfully with the higher speed limits that's kind of become a thing of the past. Pretty sure the drivers just did it to fuck with people.

I agree... there are far too many times where they'll cut you off at the last second after sitting behind another truck for miles for it to be innocent.

Does Illinois still have the truck speed limit that's 10mph slower?

If there's an interstate worse than I-40 for the amount of truck traffic and those assholes playing leapfrog for miles, I hope I never have to drive on it. I get that it's a game of momentum for them and they have to deal with a lot of idiot drivers, but so many times on that highway they'll cut you off going uphill, then spend 5 minutes passing another truck..... every once in a while one of them will actually get back over if they realize they can't pass.

limested
07-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Only idiots with small dicks participate in road rage.

Frazod
07-08-2019, 03:43 PM
I agree... there are far too many times where they'll cut you off at the last second after sitting behind another truck for miles for it to be innocent.

Does Illinois still have the truck speed limit that's 10mph slower?

If there's an interstate worse than I-40 for the amount of truck traffic and those assholes playing leapfrog for miles, I hope I never have to drive on it. I get that it's a game of momentum for them and they have to deal with a lot of idiot drivers, but so many times on that highway they'll cut you off going uphill, then spend 5 minutes passing another truck..... every once in a while one of them will actually get back over if they realize they can't pass.

Seems like I've seen it still in a few places, but overall in rural areas it's 70 for everybody now. And thank God for that. Just wish it had been that way when I was a kid stationed at Great Lakes driving home to Missouri every other weekend. The higher speed limits and improved roads basically shave at least an hour and a half off the drive to any destination in Missouri now.

BWillie
07-08-2019, 03:44 PM
I'm one of the few people alive that has almost no road rage. It's really startling the amount of people that lose their shit on the road.

Dartgod
07-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Last week driving to work on I-435 West on the Kansas side, I'm in the far left lane. I've got some douche in a Ram truck riding my ass. I'm already going 75 in a 65 zone and people are passing me on the right. I'm just looking for a chance to get over to the right and get out of this dickhead's way. Finally a spot opens up and I signal and start getting over. He's already on the gas and trying to pass me before I am out of the way. He blows by me and pulls away, going at least 80-85 mph. I think to myself, "I hope you get a ticket MFer". Fast forward about 30 seconds and a Kansas HP flys by me and pulls Mr. In A ****ing Hurry over.

I just laughed my ass off. Karma...

displacedinMN
07-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Last week driving to work on I-435 West on the Kansas side, I'm in the far left lane. I've got some douche in a Ram truck riding my ass. I'm already going 75 in a 65 zone and people are passing me on the right. I'm just looking for a chance to get over to the right and get out of this dickhead's way. Finally a spot opens up and I signal and start getting over. He's already on the gas and trying to pass me before I am out of the way. He blows by me and pulls away, going at least 80-85 mph. I think to myself, "I hope you get a ticket MFer". Fast forward about 30 seconds and a Kansas HP flys by me and pulls Mr. In A ****ing Hurry over.

Passing on the right when you want to get over is a dick move. karma wins.

Al Bundy
07-08-2019, 08:35 PM

That Roe-Nall interchange is a bitch headed westbound.

Titty Meat
07-08-2019, 09:05 PM
People don't know how to zipper merge worth a fuck

Sure-Oz
07-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Ever since i became a father road rage is gone. Occasionally I get upset but don't react. Not worth it who knows what kind of psycho is in the other car.

Sure-Oz
07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
People don't know how to zipper merge worth a fuckI've had people flip me off trying to merge using the zipper too like I'm the asshole for using they lane rather than piling up current clogged one.

Sure-Oz
07-08-2019, 09:59 PM

I just laughed my ass off. Karma...Lol...seems like most assholes doing that are truck drivers no idea why.

Sure-Oz
07-08-2019, 10:00 PM
That has to be one of the most dangerous things you can do while driving. I make a point of being NOT to sit in anyone's blind spot. Then again, I practice defensive driving so that I seldom have to deal with an emergency situation caused by someone else's idiocy.Yep this is my driving...I usually zoom past semis and stay in the slow and pass accordingly. Very rarely I'm flying on the fast lane

displacedinMN
07-09-2019, 06:14 AM
People don't know how to zipper merge worth a ****

Come to Minnesota and multiply that by 1000.

Coyote
07-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Come to Minnesota and multiply that by 1000.

Must be a Midwest deal. I haven’t seen this much on the coasts beyond guys trying to merge out of order but usually the 2 lanes are filled unlike the open lane I’ve seen around KC as soon as the Lane closed ahead sign appears.

displacedinMN
07-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Minnesotans cannot merge or navigate a four way stop. Fucking annoying.

Bearcat
07-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Must be a Midwest deal. I haven’t seen this much on the coasts beyond guys trying to merge out of order but usually the 2 lanes are filled unlike the open lane I’ve seen around KC as soon as the Lane closed ahead sign appears.

Yeah, in the midwest, you'll have traffic lining up in one lane for a quarter mile or more... and on top of that, people will actually try to block block people from "cutting". There's no concept of a zipper merge.

It doesn't seem all that more efficient out here... definitely more people who will use both lanes, but still pretty much bumper-to-bumper slowdowns instead of slowing down a little bit and letting people over.

Lzen
07-09-2019, 09:13 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F0SK1Tbw5Zc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of those look like what was described in that article in this thread about scam crashes. Some of those drivers break checked semis. How stupid do you have to be to do something like that? And at least a couple of those were the truckers fault for not paying attention.

Sorce
07-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Some of those look like what was described in that article in this thread about scam crashes. Some of those drivers break checked semis. How stupid do you have to be to do something like that? And at least a couple of those were the truckers fault for not paying attention.

A few also seemed like the trucker could have prevented them but instead decided to stand his ground.