PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tyrann Mathieu Talks to Skip & Shannon

T-post Tom
07-12-2019, 03:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wK8jsQL47og" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T-post Tom
07-12-2019, 04:01 PM
MF Skip for sidetracking the conversation to Dak & the effing Cowboys. Idiot.

staylor26
07-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Love this fucking guy.

Halfcan
07-12-2019, 04:18 PM
MF Skip for sidetracking the conversation to Dak & the effing Cowboys. Idiot.

I was like- WTF does the Cowboys have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

Brady and the Cowboys- that is his comfort zone.

Pats are not winning shit this year. Their 42 year old QB is going to look like one. If Dee was not offsides- he probably would have retired. He played like shit through the playoffs.

RealSNR
07-12-2019, 04:25 PM
We have Tyrann Mathieu of the Kansas City Chiefs here with us in the studio.

Skip: BRADY BRADY COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS

Simply Red
07-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Thanks Tom <3

eDave
07-12-2019, 04:38 PM
"Play in the hole"

"Come in the box"

That's what SHE said.

Baby Lee
07-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Tyrann to Chris Jones, shots fired.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/rVZEejvVWEbug" width="480" height="335" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-rVZEejvVWEbug">via GIPHY</a></p>

SAUTO
07-12-2019, 09:55 PM
I was so wrong about this guy so far

SAUTO
07-12-2019, 09:59 PM
How much better ?

I think we'll be a lot better.

Well you better be.

Right?

I love it

Imon Yourside
07-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Do you think you can win the AFC championship game at Foxboro....

What kind of answer were you looking for thkip?

Honey Badger IN tha' House!!!!!!!!!!

BossChief
07-12-2019, 10:25 PM
Love the kid.

Eleazar
07-12-2019, 10:31 PM
I like this dude a lot, excited to see him play.

Even better that he signed here because he's looking for a ring, how long's it been since we could say someone did that

eDave
07-12-2019, 10:41 PM
Didn't he kinda suck before he came here? Seems like he did.

T-post Tom
07-12-2019, 11:06 PM

2019 NFL Safety Rankings Athlon Sports

1. Eddie Jackson, Chicago
Copious video study that included regular nighttime film sessions at team headquarters heavily contributed to his elite-level play in 2018. That included six INTs, three turnovers returned for touchdowns, 15 pass break-ups and 51 tackles in 14 games.

2. Jamal Adams, New York Jets
One of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal Jets season. Versatility showcased by Pro Football Focus factoid pointing out he led all NFL safeties in total defensive stops (44) and quarterback pressures (22).

3. Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers
Took the NFL by storm en route to becoming the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up. He’s the first rookie in franchise history to record 100-plus tackles while also logging 3.5 sacks and three interceptions.

4. Devin McCourty, New England
The secondary injuries that led to McCourty being shifted from cornerback to safety in 2012 couldn’t have proven more fortuitous considering how he has excelled at the position. He’s now tied, along with fellow Pats safety Patrick Chung and four others, for most all-time Super Bowl starts (five) behind Tom Brady (nine).

5. Earl Thomas, Baltimore
Despite missing 19 games the past three seasons, the Ravens believe the 30-year-old Thomas can regain the form that had him on a Hall of Fame track. At the cost of $32 million guaranteed as part of a four-year, $55 million contract, Baltimore needs a Legion of Boom-caliber showing to avoid being remembered for a free agent bust of a signing.

6. Harrison Smith, Minnesota
Didn’t make as many splash plays last season as in 2017 with decreases in interceptions (from five to three) and pass break-ups (12 to six). He was still voted All-Pro for a second straight season as a roaming safety equally adept in tackling and coverage.

7. Landon Collins, Washington
As evidenced by a record-setting six-year, $84 million contract, the Redskins didn’t have the same trepidation about signing Collins to a monster deal as did the Giants (his former team). The expectation is that Greg Manusky’s defensive scheme can get Collins back to his playmaking ways of 2016 and '17.

8. Tyrann Mathieu, Kansas City
The Chiefs tendered a three-year, $42 million pact that gives Kansas City the multidimensional safety needed to fill the void created by Eric Berry’s unavailability the past two seasons.

9. Kevin Byard, Tennessee
Deion Sanders knows his name now after another quality season. He has more interceptions (12) than any other NFL player since the start of the 2017 season.

10. Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia
The NFL’s snap leader among safeties in 2018 (1,174) had another strong season despite the injuries that struck the Eagles’ secondary. He recorded 97 tackles in 2018, the second-highest total of his 10-year career.

11. Keanu Neal, Atlanta
12. Jordan Poyer, Buffalo
13. John Johnson, Los Angeles Rams
14. Eric Weddle, Los Angeles Rams
15. Damarious Randall, Cleveland
16. Lamarcus Joyner, Oakland
17. Jabrill Peppers, New York Giants
18. Adrian Amos, Green Bay
19. Patrick Chung, New England
20. Eric Reid, Carolina
21. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Chicago
22. Kareem Jackson, Denver
23. Micah Hyde, Buffalo
24. Reshad Jones, Miami
25. Shawn Williams, Cincinnati
26. Jessie Bates, Cincinnati
27. Sean Davis, Pittsburgh
28. Justin Simmons, Denver
29. Antoine Bethea, New York Giants
30. Quandre Diggs, Detroit

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-defensive-back-rankings

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2019, 11:21 PM
We have Tyrann Mathieu of the Kansas City Chiefs here with us in the studio.

Skip: BRADY BRADY COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS

Yep.

I'm going to enjoy making that fool talk about the Chiefs for the next 15 years assuming he even works for that long.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2019, 11:23 PM
That list is fucking horrible.

T-post Tom
07-12-2019, 11:28 PM
That list is ****ing horrible.

So is Mathieu ranked too high or too low? Where would you put him? (Don't care about the others, personally.)

baitism
07-12-2019, 11:35 PM
The more important part of that list is the Chiefs didn't have anyone on it last year, so this is a huge upgrade.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2019, 12:51 AM
So is Mathieu ranked too high or too low? Where would you put him? (Don't care about the others, personally.)

Too low. He should be ranked next to Thomas.

staylor26
07-13-2019, 08:34 AM

:facepalm:

chinaski
07-13-2019, 08:48 AM
Skip Bayless is an asshole.

Halfcan
07-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Skip Bayless is an asshole.

He loves Rayne Prescott of the Cowboys! Maybe he can break out and finally throw over 22 TD's this year. Nobody hands off like Prescott though- Pay the Man!!

Skip Loves you!!

PHOG
07-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Thanks for reminding me why I never watch that show. thkip and thannon :shake:

Halfcan
07-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Thanks for reminding me why I never watch that show. thkip and thannon :shake:

How about those Cowboys!! Brady too- how about Brady huh? Wow, and those Cowboys are so exciting- their QB threw 22 TD's!! And Tom Brady, wow what can you say about Tom Brady...he is Tom Brady!! How about those 5 yard passes that Brady threw in the SuperBowl- Fantastic! But, man...those Cowboys are really something, don't you think Honey Badger? And how can you expect to beat Tom Brady this year in the Playoffs in New England...I mean, he is Tom Brady, Tom Brady and the Patriots but you know those Cowboys!!! I mean, once again New England has a weak ass division and easiest schedule in the NFL plus, they have Tom Brady, he is Tom Brady, but gosh darn those Cowboys and their 17 points a game are so darn exciting don't you think????

TEX
07-13-2019, 11:45 AM
How about those Cowboys!! Brady too- how about Brady huh? Wow, and those Cowboys are so exciting- their QB threw 22 TD's!! And Tom Brady, wow what can you say about Tom Brady...he is Tom Brady!! How about those 5 yard passes that Brady threw in the SuperBowl- Fantastic! But, man...those Cowboys are really something, don't you think Honey Badger? And how can you expect to beat Tom Brady this year in the Playoffs in New England...I mean, he is Tom Brady, Tom Brady and the Patriots but you know those Cowboys!!! I mean, once again New England has a weak ass division and easiest schedule in the NFL plus, they have Tom Brady, he is Tom Brady, but gosh darn those Cowboys and their 17 points a game are so darn exciting don't you think????

ROFL TRUTH!

Halfcan
07-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Skip, skip, skip to my lou
Put on your Cowboy panties, go to a meetin'
And I'll take Tom Brady by the hand
If he would be my dancin' partner
We will dance to beat the band
So join the Cowboy promenade
And lead the Tom Brady love parade
And if you don't get home at all
Your pa will understand
I love the Cowboys, skip to my lou
I love Tom Brady yes I do
I love the Cowboys, skip to my lou
And Tom Brady is, my darlin'
Flies in the buttermilk, shoo, shoo, shoo
I love Tom Brady, I do do do shoo, shoo, shoo
Flies in the buttermilk, shoo, shoo, shoo
Skip to my lou, Tom my darlin'
I'll be glad to go with you
So prithee do not tarry
But if I do, it's up to you
To let me dance with Tommy
Skip to my lou
(Tom Brady)
Skip to my lou
(Dak Prescott)
Skip to my lou
Skip to my lou
Skip to my lou
Corner boy, buck and wing, corner girl
Ida booth by to the center and whirl
Everybody dance
Lost my partner
(Skip to my lou)
Lost my partner
(Skip to my lou)
Lost my partner
(Skip)
I'll never find another one prettier than you
I'll never another one prettier than you
I'll find another one prettier than you
Go to another Cowboy party
Oh, I'll fly away to a neighborin' state
I don't care what my friends say
Tom and I will dance and sing till broad daylight
I won't get home till Wednesday
(Skip to my lou)
Thursday
(Skip to my lou)
Friday
(Skip to my lou)
Cowboys, Cowboys, Tom Brady
Skip to my lou and Tom I so Love You!

GloucesterChief
07-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Troy Aikman should of beat Skip into a bloody pulp. World would of been better for it.

Tribal Warfare
07-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Troy Aikman should of beat Skip into a bloody pulp. World would of been better for it.

Skip would pull out his gimp suit and enjoyed the beatdown while biting down on his novelty Dallas Cowboy ball gag.

Demonpenz
07-13-2019, 01:27 PM

got hurt ......got a rap for being a bad apple. He got pissed at the honey badger nickname. That was along time ago though been good as of late.

eDave
07-13-2019, 01:28 PM
got hurt ......got a rap for being a bad apple. He got pissed at the honey badger nickname. That was along time ago though been good as of late.

That makes sense. Thank you for the most pleasant response.

Halfcan
07-13-2019, 01:53 PM
It will be hard for Honey Badger to be a better leader than Berry was. I will miss seeing his grizzled hobo presence standing on the sidelines scribbling notes on candy wrappers. That is what leaders do!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2019, 02:35 PM
It will be hard for Honey Badger to be a better leader than Berry was. I will miss seeing his grizzled hobo presence standing on the sidelines scribbling notes on candy wrappers. That is what leaders do!

Oh yes, how will we ever fill those mismatched, hole in the sole, 1978 hush puppy Hobo shoes?

With crack!

And Cisco!

Hammock Parties
07-13-2019, 06:07 PM
man crush incoming

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You a sucker &amp; a hater. Damn, that’s a tough life to live. <a href="https://t.co/5rClgMdtSm">https://t.co/5rClgMdtSm</a></p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1150192828875599872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PHOG
07-13-2019, 06:12 PM

Sshhh! Spirit! Feel it!

KChiefs1
07-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Love this fucking guy.

Best offseason acquisition.

KChiefs1
07-13-2019, 08:46 PM

Didn’t he out Aikman?

07-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Nailed it.

But you forgot Shannon following him up with "My Mahomeboy!"

rocknrolla
07-14-2019, 05:03 AM
Never seen the show, for obvious reasons. Does that fuck Skip derail every interview to the cowboys? Fucking pathetic.

Naptown Chief
07-14-2019, 05:05 AM

I truthfully can't answer yes or no, as I didn't watch him or the Texans last year, but I know a lot of their fans got butthurt when he left. I remember people posting links in the 'TM signs with KC' thread and there being comments from Texans fans (in the Twatter feed) stating he sucked, but I think more because they were pissed that he didn't resign. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

07-14-2019, 05:13 AM
Never seen the show, for obvious reasons. Does that fuck Skip derail every interview to the cowboys? Fucking pathetic.

He never misses an opportunity to bring up Tom Brady and the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, I mean AND not OR.

Lzen
07-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Nailed it.

But you forgot Shannon following him up with "My Mahomeboy!"

Shannon may be annoying but he's definitely a fan of Mahomes.

Chiefshrink
07-15-2019, 10:49 AM
2019 NFL Safety Rankings Athlon Sports

1. Eddie Jackson, Chicago
Copious video study that included regular nighttime film sessions at team headquarters heavily contributed to his elite-level play in 2018. That included six INTs, three turnovers returned for touchdowns, 15 pass break-ups and 51 tackles in 14 games.

2. Jamal Adams, New York Jets
One of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal Jets season. Versatility showcased by Pro Football Focus factoid pointing out he led all NFL safeties in total defensive stops (44) and quarterback pressures (22).

3. Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers
Took the NFL by storm en route to becoming the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up. He’s the first rookie in franchise history to record 100-plus tackles while also logging 3.5 sacks and three interceptions.

4. Devin McCourty, New England
The secondary injuries that led to McCourty being shifted from cornerback to safety in 2012 couldn’t have proven more fortuitous considering how he has excelled at the position. He’s now tied, along with fellow Pats safety Patrick Chung and four others, for most all-time Super Bowl starts (five) behind Tom Brady (nine).

5. Earl Thomas, Baltimore
Despite missing 19 games the past three seasons, the Ravens believe the 30-year-old Thomas can regain the form that had him on a Hall of Fame track. At the cost of $32 million guaranteed as part of a four-year, $55 million contract, Baltimore needs a Legion of Boom-caliber showing to avoid being remembered for a free agent bust of a signing.

6. Harrison Smith, Minnesota
Didn’t make as many splash plays last season as in 2017 with decreases in interceptions (from five to three) and pass break-ups (12 to six). He was still voted All-Pro for a second straight season as a roaming safety equally adept in tackling and coverage.

7. Landon Collins, Washington
As evidenced by a record-setting six-year, $84 million contract, the Redskins didn’t have the same trepidation about signing Collins to a monster deal as did the Giants (his former team). The expectation is that Greg Manusky’s defensive scheme can get Collins back to his playmaking ways of 2016 and '17.

8. Tyrann Mathieu, Kansas City
The Chiefs tendered a three-year, $42 million pact that gives Kansas City the multidimensional safety needed to fill the void created by Eric Berry’s unavailability the past two seasons.

9. Kevin Byard, Tennessee
Deion Sanders knows his name now after another quality season. He has more interceptions (12) than any other NFL player since the start of the 2017 season.

10. Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia
The NFL’s snap leader among safeties in 2018 (1,174) had another strong season despite the injuries that struck the Eagles’ secondary. He recorded 97 tackles in 2018, the second-highest total of his 10-year career.

11. Keanu Neal, Atlanta
12. Jordan Poyer, Buffalo
13. John Johnson, Los Angeles Rams
14. Eric Weddle, Los Angeles Rams
15. Damarious Randall, Cleveland
16. Lamarcus Joyner, Oakland
17. Jabrill Peppers, New York Giants
18. Adrian Amos, Green Bay
19. Patrick Chung, New England
20. Eric Reid, Carolina
21. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Chicago
22. Kareem Jackson, Denver
23. Micah Hyde, Buffalo
24. Reshad Jones, Miami
25. Shawn Williams, Cincinnati
26. Jessie Bates, Cincinnati
27. Sean Davis, Pittsburgh
28. Justin Simmons, Denver
29. Antoine Bethea, New York Giants
30. Quandre Diggs, Detroit

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-defensive-back-rankings

Mathieu should be ranked 3rd just below James and Adams IMHO. Jackson should be 4th.

T-post Tom
07-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Shannon may be annoying but he's definitely a fan of Mahomes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PG6GeBSZ3Fw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sharpe eviserated him with the bit about ... What would Jackson's QBR been vs. the Ravens' defense? What would Mahomes' QBR been vs. the Chiefs' defense? (And of course more Cowboy/Patriot slurping from the pastey one.)

Oh..and...ranking at end of 2018 regular season:

RK PLAYER TOTAL QBR
1 Patrick Mahomes, KC 81.8
2 Drew Brees, NO 80.8
3 Mitchell Trubisky, CHI 73.0
4 Ben Roethlisberger, PIT 71.7

Chiefshrink
07-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Here is what I would tell Skip;

"Skip there you go again washing both the Cowboys and Brady's testes again".:rolleyes: "BTW Skip your boy Dak is a heckuva an athletic QB but he is still not a student of the game because when Zeke was out last year Dak couldn't carry the team losing the majority of games when Zeke was out, unlike my boy Mahomes who just kept on cruising even when Hunt was cut mid-season last year". This is why the Cowboys brass haven't paid Dak just yet because this is a prove it year for him in their eyes although they will not come out and say that. What say you Skippy ??????:D

ThyKingdomCome15
07-15-2019, 02:46 PM
I know its 14 mil a season but I am really likening the Honey Badger.