PDA

View Full Version : Poop Foreign support

07-13-2019, 02:55 PM
My God, I'm so sick of companies utilizing India for customer support. Every now and then I'll get one that can get the job done. But the constant having to repeat things and heavy accents is so ridiculous to deal with.

Cheap labor, I know, but JFC!!!

bdj23
07-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Chillax on the racism bro

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Fuck those Indians. They call me three times a week trying to scam me and I keep telling them to get some Americans to help them pull it off!

07-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Chillax on the racism broNot sure if serious. Definitely not racism.

chinaski
07-13-2019, 03:27 PM
And they always have westernized sounding names too. "Hello iz Bob" or Hello my name iz John"

They ain't fooling nobody. We know your name is like Santosh or Poonanny

bdj23
07-13-2019, 03:33 PM
Not sure if serious. Definitely not racism.

I have a nazi frog (or so I've been told) avatar, of course I'm joking.

07-13-2019, 03:35 PM
And they always have westernized sounding names too. "Hello iz Bob" or Hello my name iz John"

They ain't fooling nobody. We know your name is like Santosh or PoonannyI stay patient with them as it's not their fault. But the constant repeating is so frustrating.

Companies are even using them for job searching now too. I get calls and emails about job availability and struggle to get even basic job description information from them. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them.

07-13-2019, 03:37 PM
I have a nazi frog (or so I've been told) avatar, of course I'm joking.You can never tell on this site. ;). Thanks for confirming it's a joke. Sorry for the thumbs down.

Discuss Thrower
07-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Just play this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vTIIMJ9tUc8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

over your phone while you're on the phone with someone you think is in the subcontinent.

chinaski
07-13-2019, 05:01 PM
I stay patient with them as it's not their fault. But the constant repeating is so frustrating.

Companies are even using them for job searching now too. I get calls and emails about job availability and struggle to get even basic job description information from them. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them.

Can't fault a person for working. All work is noble work IMO.

threebag
07-13-2019, 05:21 PM
I stay patient with them as it's not their fault. But the constant repeating is so frustrating.

What?

Nickhead
07-13-2019, 05:54 PM
i remember once, i had an indian scammer call about solar power. i would keep interupting and act like my wife was home and yell at her if the kitchen wasn't done and clean, i would beat the shit out of her like last time. this went on for a couple minutes and the caller didn't even bat an eye ROFL

scho63
07-13-2019, 06:46 PM
My God, I'm so sick of companies utilizing India for customer support. Every now and then I'll get one that can get the job done. But the constant having to repeat things and heavy accents is so ridiculous to deal with.

Cheap labor, I know, but JFC!!!

For what it's worth, most BPO operations are being moved to the Philippines in the last 5-6 years to Makati City, Bonifacio Global City and a few others.

The Chinese are dumping millions into real estate there.

Bugeater
07-13-2019, 07:18 PM
Racist thread reported

Saulbadguy
07-13-2019, 07:57 PM
I’m in India right now. It’s a pretty bizarre but fun place.

Sorce
07-13-2019, 09:15 PM
I've been to India twice for work and have calls with them regularly so I don't really have problems understanding. However I've learned some nuances in their English where I know even on a web chat I'm talking to India.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pushead2
07-13-2019, 09:21 PM
I love watching Jim Browning

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBNG0osIBAprVcZZ3ic84vw

oldman
07-13-2019, 09:49 PM
This is a pet peeve of mine. I realize those people are just trying to earn a living, but outsourcing does nothing for the American economy except fatten CEOs bonus checks.
The company I used to work for was one of the finest in the world, both in technology and the way their workers were treated. Now they export every job they can and wonder why people are leaving them in droves. Instead of addressing the problem, they just give higher bonuses to upper management. They're not even passing those cost savings on to the shareholders.

BWillie
07-13-2019, 10:06 PM
If it makes my cell phone bill 10 dollars cheaper a month, I'm good with it.

Rasputin
07-15-2019, 03:44 AM
I want to know what kind of voodoo that they do to have one guy be at every motel I've ever stayed to check you in ? You can drive 12 hours and stay at a different chain of motel and it's he is already behind the counter :eek: