PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bernard Pollard on just how shady Pioli was

Mecca
07-23-2019, 06:54 AM
The thing with Pioli. When they hired him he walked over to me and told me “I’m telling you right now I’m letting you go for what happened in NE.” It’s a shady business.

Keep in mind, he wasn't released immediately, he was released 5 days before the start of the season which fucks him over in finding another job as well. Talk about being a dick because he injured your golden boy.

saphojunkie
07-23-2019, 06:59 AM
I didn’t need to read this. I don’t need a heart full of hate.

Hammock Parties
07-23-2019, 07:03 AM
we bumped the pioli thread...

Mecca
07-23-2019, 07:07 AM
Oh I didn't see that...

FringeNC
07-23-2019, 07:08 AM
If you're gonna be that much of a prick, you better be good at your job.

Titty Meat
07-23-2019, 07:10 AM
Pollard sucked anyway

tyreekthefreak
07-23-2019, 07:24 AM
What happened in NE? LOL, it was a great effort by Pollard, period! The break was a fluke, clean hit all the way!

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 07:30 AM
Pollard sucked anyway

Umm...not really. Dude was a thumper. Him and Paige were a solid safety duo. Who'd Pioli replace him with - Rashard Langford or some such shitty JAG?

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 07:30 AM
What happened in NE? LOL, it was a great effort by Pollard, period! The break was a fluke, clean hit all the way!

It was that hit that brought Cassel to KC anyway...

Prison Bitch
07-23-2019, 08:48 AM

Bullshit

DeepPurple
07-23-2019, 09:09 AM
Umm...not really. Dude was a thumper. Him and Paige were a solid safety duo. Who'd Pioli replace him with - Rashard Langford or some such shitty JAG?

Great observation! He was my favorite player for two years along with Ed Reed with the Ravens. He was on the Super Bowl 47 winning team. He lead the team in tackles his second year, something that usually Ray Lewis did. Forced a turnover in the AFC Championship against the Pats, and was a key member of the Super Bowl team. He revealed at the end of the season he had been playing with a rib injury since week 2. I followed him on twitter even after he left, but for some reason he didn't get along with John Harbaugh and was probably why he was let go.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/542/973/137559585_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

RealSNR
07-23-2019, 09:13 AM
I didn’t need to read this. I don’t need a heart full of hate.

Yes you do. Pussy.

Rain Man
07-23-2019, 09:20 AM
When he left, I thought the story was that he didn't like the yelling and cursing of the coaching staff and didn't get along with him. Was that Gunther and Krumrie and those guys?

As much as we all hate Pioli, it's a little hard for me to believe that he would screw over his current team out of loyalty to his past team. That's very counterproductive to one's own success.

Titty Meat
07-23-2019, 09:21 AM

There's a reason he played for 4 different teams and his longest tenure with 1 club was 3 years.

Frazod
07-23-2019, 09:39 AM
When he left, I thought the story was that he didn't like the yelling and cursing of the coaching staff and didn't get along with him. Was that Gunther and Krumrie and those guys?

As much as we all hate Pioli, it's a little hard for me to believe that he would screw over his current team out of loyalty to his past team. That's very counterproductive to one's own success.

As I have said many times, I think he came here to deliberately destroy the team. Everything he did sucked, was wrong, was damaging, to every aspect of the organization. Everything. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would do to the Broncos if I was their GM.

I refuse to believe it was an accident. Nobody is that stupid.

Mecca
07-23-2019, 09:44 AM
As I have said many times, I think he came here to deliberately destroy the team. Everything he did sucked, was wrong, was damaging, to every aspect of the organization. Everything. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would do to the Broncos if I was their GM.

I actually read that stupid book that Michael Holly wrote about Pioli running the Chiefs. You can see the arrogance in a lot of the stuff he says in it and how it's covered. He basically doesn't understand how the Chiefs are treated so well in Kansas City and thought of like a high class organization when they are a loser. He feels that everything needs to be torn down to the base because the organization has been bottom 5 since 1970.

It does also detail how he thinks Jon Baldwin and Julio Jones are the same prospect though, so that's funny.

Rain Man
07-23-2019, 09:47 AM

Well, if you believe in the most obvious Occam's Razor solution, that does match up with the facts really well.:hmmm:

RealSNR
07-23-2019, 09:50 AM
Pollard sucked anyway

https://i.imgur.com/6LlqCea.jpg

Frazod
07-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Well, if you believe in the most obvious Occam's Razor solution, that does match up with the facts really well.:hmmm:

Plus, after all the damage he did, he immediately got a job with another team.

That's like a fire chief who pours gasoline all over the floor then starts a fire that burns down his own station house by carelessly smoking getting another job as a fire chief.

If he was hired to be a fire chief, he sucked. But if he was an arsonist hired to burn down the station house, he performed admirably.

FringeNC
07-23-2019, 10:10 AM

I dunno. I think he is. He bet his job on Matt Cassel and lost. He saw the guy every day in practice and didn't realize he sucked, whereas the rumor is Haley's dad watched the guy in one practice and told Todd there's no way you can win with that guy.

Titty Meat
07-23-2019, 10:19 AM
https://i.imgur.com/6LlqCea.jpg

Yeah that looks like the angles Pollard would take.

MahiMike
07-23-2019, 10:27 AM
He should have fired him cause we got Matt Cassel out of the deal.

RealSNR
07-23-2019, 10:27 AM

I don't fucking care if Pioli did this Vince Agnew.

The point is he actually fucking did it. He went to a new team, and he let a loyalty to some douche over on his old team affect how he treated a player on the new team. Whether that player was good or bad.

Molitoth
07-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Pollard would have some huge plays, and some huge letdowns.... just like any CB/Safety in the league.

Outside of QB, I would say DB is probably the toughest job to be consistently good at.

BigRock
07-23-2019, 11:57 AM
What Pioli said when he got hired is obviously a joke. That 9 months later Pollard actually did get cut after some incidents with coaches during camp is a coincidence. Pollard spoke about his release at the time and said he got cut because he wouldn't let the coaches (the DC Pendergast most notably) cuss at him because he's a grown-ass man or whatever the fuck it was. He didn't say a word about Pioli being out for him.

Years after the fact he's seemingly morphed into thinking it was a conspiracy against him because he's a mook.

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 12:49 PM
I dunno. I think he is. He bet his job on Matt Cassel and lost. He saw the guy every day in practice and didn't realize he sucked, whereas the rumor is Haley's dad watched the guy in one practice and told Todd there's no way you can win with that guy.

It's even deeper than that :

Charlie Weis was here to "fix the QB" in 2010, and when he bailed after one year, he told Haley that Cassel was "not fixable."

Haley wanted Pioli to sign Hasselbeck in the offseason. Pioli balked at signing anyone that could possibly unseat Cassel and signed Tyler Palko. This resulted in the gulf-wide rift between HC and GM, which culminated in Haley benching and ultimately IRing Cassel as soon as Cassel got a boo-boo. This is why Haley loved Palko, it was like rubbing Pioli's face in it., which naturally enraged Pioli.

Amazingly, the Chiefs were still in contention for the AFC West, which was a testament to Haley's coaching acumen. A testament to Pioli's arrogance was thinking he could install Roleo "Play Good Football" Crennell as HC and still contend. The resulting 2-14 dumpster fire literally almost killed the franchise.

Fuck you, Pioli.

notorious
07-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Pioli can impale himself on a catus. Fuck that piece of trash.

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Pioli can impale himself on a catus. **** that piece of trash.

Pretty much.

KChiefs1
07-23-2019, 01:13 PM

Yip

JohnnyHammersticks
07-23-2019, 01:18 PM

^This

A jumping cholla right to the nutsack.

ChiefsCountry
07-23-2019, 01:36 PM
And some of you blew Piol's dick on every move he did.

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 02:23 PM

Not me. I hate that fat fuck with every fibre of my core.

Kiimo
07-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Is it inappropriate to compare the Pioli era ending to the fall of the Berlin Wall

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Is it inappropriate to compare the Pioli era ending to the fall of the Berlin Wall

More like Nagasaki and Horoshima.

Flying High D
07-23-2019, 03:40 PM

State one intelligent thing he ever said.

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 04:17 PM

When said that he deserved to be fired?

T-post Tom
07-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Pollard sucked anyway

Killed Brady & great dancer. There's merit there. 🙂

Flying High D
07-23-2019, 05:04 PM
When said that he deserved to be fired?

Well ya, that.

Baby Lee
07-23-2019, 05:29 PM

I was openminded about Pioli until the moment I saw 'Cassel' and '$60M' in the same sentence.

Something had to change when DV let the roster turn into an even older sequel to The Expendables.

From then on, until Reid/Dorsey, I didn't even have the passion to be a thorn in the side of the franchise. I just watched the Chiefs like it was Benny Hill or The Three Stooges, . . . Saturday morning slapstick serials airing on Sunday afternoons.

Frazod
07-23-2019, 06:08 PM

I assume he did/said some smart things before he came here. I mean, he didn't just fall from the sky into that Cheatriots job. Which is kind of my point.

CaliforniaChief
07-23-2019, 06:17 PM
To be fair, Bernard Pollard was pretty much the last Chiefs player to actually touch Tom Brady, although Chris Jones got close enough to get a 15 yard penalty in the AFCCG.

-King-
07-23-2019, 06:21 PM
LMAO LMAO!!

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 06:33 PM
To be fair, Bernard Pollard was pretty much the last Chiefs player to actually touch Tom Brady, although Chris Jones got close enough to get a 15 yard penalty in the AFCCG.

Funny that, what was a 15-yard penalty on Jones was not a penalty when the Patriots did the exact same shit to Mahomes.

Flying High D
07-23-2019, 08:17 PM
I assume he did/said some smart things before he came here. I mean, he didn't just fall from the sky into that Cheatriots job. Which is kind of my point.

Maybe it’s the Cheatroits way. Put a bunch of goobs in big titled positions and watch and laugh when other teams hire them.

Rain Man
07-23-2019, 08:25 PM

In fairness, we all like clean stairwells.

rabblerouser
07-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Maybe it’s the Cheatroits way. Put a bunch of goobs in big titled positions and watch and laugh when other teams hire them.

That's kind of exactly what they do...

WhawhaWhat
07-23-2019, 08:35 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2043799/ridley_medium.gif

07-24-2019, 12:15 AM
Funny that, what was a 15-yard penalty on Jones was not a penalty when the Patriots did the exact same shit to Mahomes.

Oh that wasn't a penalty. /patriots fans

carcosa
07-24-2019, 01:37 AM
I met Bernard Pollard once. He seemed very nice to me!

New World Order
07-24-2019, 01:39 AM

Who wouldn't be nice to you?!

07-24-2019, 01:48 AM

So you obviously were not wearing a Tom Brady jersey.

carcosa
07-24-2019, 02:26 AM
Who wouldn't be nice to you?!

I'm blushing!!!!!

Flying High D
07-24-2019, 03:11 AM
In fairness, we all like clean stairwells.

Damn it, the SOB was a genius after all.

rabblerouser
07-24-2019, 03:58 AM
Oh that wasn't a penalty. /patriots fans

ROFL
LMAO

I know.

WhiteWhale
07-24-2019, 09:13 AM

I have never, in my life, seen someone take angles worse than pollard.

carcosa
07-24-2019, 09:39 AM

Here's an angle 4 u:

https://i1.wp.com/www.freebeerandhotwings.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/middle-finger-2790310_1920.jpg

Rain Man
07-24-2019, 09:42 AM

Sit down, my friend, and let me tell you the fanciful tale of Kawika Mitchell.

Flying High D
07-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Sit down, my friend, and let me tell you the fanciful tale of Kawika Mitchell and/or Kendrick Lewis.

Assisted

SuperBowl4
07-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Even though Pioli is gone I'll pitch in a few bucks for a PIOLI STILL SUCKS flyover

Frosty
07-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Sabby says "Hold my beer"...

http://www.kansascitykc.com/chiefs/sabby-piscitelli/sabby-piscitelli-chiefs.jpg

crispystl
07-24-2019, 03:54 PM
AssistedYeah I was just about to say uhhh Kendrick Lewis ring a bell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jjchieffan
07-24-2019, 04:29 PM

He told the commissioner that the Chiefs wanted to select Eric Berry in the draft. Only thing he did right while he was in KC.

Flying High D
07-24-2019, 05:31 PM
Yeah I was just about to say uhhh Kendrick Lewis ring a bell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Collapse in Indianapolis.

07-24-2019, 08:26 PM
He told the commissioner that the Chiefs wanted to select Eric Berry in the draft. Only thing he did right while he was in KC.That's debatable

jjchieffan
07-24-2019, 10:22 PM
That's debatable

No. Drafting Berry was the right thing to do. Giving him that big contract after cancer was the mistake.

07-24-2019, 10:55 PM
No. Drafting Berry was the right thing to do. Giving him that big contract after cancer was the mistake.

I don't necessarily disagree. The second contract was disastrous. But I don't mind ultimately blaming Pioli for it either. :)

rabblerouser
07-25-2019, 03:58 AM
I don't necessarily disagree. The second contract was disastrous. But I don't mind ultimately blaming Pioli for it either. :)

That contract was on Clark Hunt...

07-25-2019, 04:13 AM
That contract was on Clark Hunt...

Thanks to Pioli :)

ChiefsFanatic
07-25-2019, 11:59 PM
I dunno. I think he is. He bet his job on Matt Cassel and lost. He saw the guy every day in practice and didn't realize he sucked, whereas the rumor is Haley's dad watched the guy in one practice and told Todd there's no way you can win with that guy.I remember in a pre-season game Casshole fumbled the ball, and instead of diving and trying to recover the ball, he hopped up in the air like the cartoon woman in Tom and Jerry when she hopped on the table when she saw Jerry running around on the kitchen floor.

He literally hopped like a sissy instead of acting like a football player. I think he was startled and scared by defensive linemen diving for the ball. I knew at that moment we were screwed. Pioli had to have seen Casshole act that way at practice in New England. That isn't just something that happens once.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Flying High D
07-26-2019, 07:16 AM
I remember in a pre-season game Casshole fumbled the ball, and instead of diving and trying to recover the ball, he hopped up in the air like the cartoon woman in Tom and Jerry when she hopped on the table when she saw Jerry running around on the kitchen floor.

He literally hopped like a sissy instead of acting like a football player. I think he was startled and scared by defensive linemen diving for the ball. I knew at that moment we were screwed. Pioli had to have seen Casshole act that way at practice in New England. That isn't just something that happens once.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

He was the Franchise, he was way to valuable to be recovering fumbles. The dude had like a million peso arm.

dj56dt58
07-26-2019, 08:58 AM

In hind sight it was..but to be fair the guy came back and was better than ever. He seemed well worth the contract. Then he got paid and got soft

rabblerouser
07-29-2019, 06:39 AM
In hind sight it was..but to be fair the guy came back and was better than ever. He seemed well worth the contract. Then he got paid and got soft

In hindsight, Dorsey was right in wanting Berry to pony up for the insurance...