PDA

View Full Version : Football Jalen Ramsey shows up to TC in a Brinks truck

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:12 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1153993452398501888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1153993452398501888&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboxden.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2768769

This guy just doesn’t get it. Not a good message to send when your team is coming off a disappointing season and looking to get back on track.

Mecca
07-24-2019, 10:13 AM
He's sending the message that he wants fucking money, I doubt he cares about team message.

Jerm
07-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Veach get on the phone...they're going to trade him...

WhawhaWhat
07-24-2019, 10:16 AM
His teammates don't give 2 shits what vehicle he arrives in. They all want to get paid too.

O.city

I think they will too.

I bet he's in KC to start the season.

Redbled
He had stated he would not be a distraction.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:17 AM
Shit like this though is just dumb.

Just show up, play well and don't be a shitheal and surprisingly, you'll get paid.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:17 AM
That's funny as hell. And I bet his teammates found it funny as hell too.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Shit like this though is just dumb.

Just show up, play well and don't be a shitheal and surprisingly, you'll get paid.
This doesn't stop him from playing well...

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:18 AM

No, but it makes teams not want to pay you.

TribalElder
07-24-2019, 10:19 AM
And that concludes the Jaguars national coverage for this season

staylor26

It also doesn’t stop whatever issues they had in their locker room last year...

-King-

There are 31 other teams that will pay Jalen Ramsey if he plays well lol. Imagine not paying him because he showed up to training camp in a brinks truck lmao.

RealSNR

Don't want him. When we have to afford Mahomes, we can't afford a CB like Ramsey who's not just looking to be the highest paid CB. That dude is probably looking to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. I think he wants elite pass rusher money.

The Franchise
07-24-2019, 10:20 AM
I think they will too.

Not happening

O.city
There are 31 other teams that will pay Jalen Ramsey if he plays well lol. Imagine not paying him because he showed up to training camp in a brinks truck lmao.

So teams don't give a shit about antics? Cool.

-King-
Bortles? I think that problem has already been taken care of

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:21 AM

Yea Antonio Brown doing this kind of shit years ago wasn’t a red flag either I guess.

Skyy God
07-24-2019, 10:21 AM

Their issue last year was having Blake F’ing Bortles at QB.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:22 AM
Do you guys think Matt Miller knows much about the inner workings of the Chiefs?

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:22 AM

No they don't. As long as you play well teams don't and shouldn't give two shits.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Bortles? I think that problem has already been taken care of

That’s on the field and has little to do with the issues they had in their locker room. If repacking Bortles fixed it all, why is Telvin Smith not playing in 2019?

staylor26
Do you guys think Matt Miller knows much about the inner workings of the Chiefs?

Yes, why?

O.city
No they don't. As long as you play well teams don't and shouldn't give two shits.

It matters in the locker room.

As Staylor brought up, look at the Steelers and AB. As good as he is, the best they could get is a 3rd from the Raiders?

Teams get tired of the shit.

Skyy God
Not surprised the stick to sports curmudgeons don’t find this funny.

O.city
Yes, why?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can&#39;t wait for Veach to trade for Jalen. <a href="https://t.co/288X69WXsM">https://t.co/288X69WXsM</a></p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1154004110041108480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:24 AM
Their issue last year was having Blake F’ing Bortles at QB.

No, that’s not an excuse for how their defense checked out. If it was, Telvin Smith would be at camp.

And if they think they’re getting SB MVP Nick Foles, they’re going to be disappointed.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:25 AM
That’s on the field and has little to do with the issues they had in their locker room. If repacking Bortles fixed it all, why is Telvin Smith not playing in 2019?

Personal issues? What does him not playing have to do with Jalen Ramsey?

And he caused so many locker room issues that the Jags finished 4th in points allowed and 5th in yards per game given up.

WHAT A HUGE DISTRACTION!

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:28 AM
It matters in the locker room.

As Staylor brought up, look at the Steelers and AB. As good as he is, the best they could get is a 3rd from the Raiders?

Teams get tired of the shit.

And another team paid him. And are we going to act like Jalen Ramsey is any way like Brown? Brown had legal issues on top of his "antics". He was also shitting on teammates publicly. Jalen doesn't have any legal issues and he hasn't shit on any teammates publicly. So in what way are they alike?

WhawhaWhat
07-24-2019, 10:28 AM
What does Allen Hurns think about this?

Jerm
07-24-2019, 10:29 AM

Terez and Matt Miller are only 2 people I trust that talk Chiefs regularly.

Having said that, I think he was just joking around...

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:29 AM
No, that’s not an excuse for how their defense checked out. If it was, Telvin Smith would be at camp.

And if they think they’re getting SB MVP Nick Foles, they’re going to be disappointed.

Yeah that defense checked out to the tune of top 5 defense in the league. All while bortles turned the ball over every other drive.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:30 AM
And another team paid him. And are we going to act like Jalen Ramsey is any way like Brown? Brown had legal issues on top of his "antics". He was also shitting on teammates publicly. Jalen doesn't have any legal issues and he hasn't shit on any teammates publicly. So in what way are they alike?

How does it usually work out for the other teams that pay them? Which teams usually end up paying them? Smart winning ones?

When there are rumors that a team doesn't want to pay a player of Ramsey's caliber, why do you think that is?

Why would the Chiefs move a CB on a rookie deal that was one of the better ballhawks in the league?

Clearly, teams dont' care about this stuff though.

Rain Man
07-24-2019, 10:31 AM
I went to one of those fifties diners once several years ago, and it was a place where they make the employees dance when a certain song come on. (That was an odd short-lived phenomenon if you don't remember it.)

You had to pay at a cash register (retro, remember?) and some guy was up there with his bill getting ready to pay. The magic song came on and all of the employees immediately stopped working and started doing their little dance.

The guy holding his bill watched this happen, then walked back over to his table, picked up a dollar out of the cash tip he had left, and came back to the register to wait for the song to finish.

That's what teams do in situations like Jalen Ramsey's brinks truck.

Mecca
07-24-2019, 10:31 AM
How does it usually work out for the other teams that pay them? Which teams usually end up paying them? Smart winning ones?

When there are rumors that a team doesn't want to pay a player of Ramsey's caliber, why do you think that is?

Why would the Chiefs move a CB on a rookie deal that was one of the better ballhawks in the league?

Sometimes it's because they're cheap....

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:32 AM
The Jag d was def still legit last year.

But it also goes to show why it's so hard to rely on badass D's every year in today's NFL. To many variables.

It's why I'm a little skeptical on the Bears this year.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:33 AM

You're making zero sense. In one post you say that he'll be a chief by the start of the season. And in the next you'rr talking about he's a locker room distraction and smart winning teams wouldn't want him.

Which is it?

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:33 AM

They didn’t care about Brown’s off the field bs. They cared that he quit on the team.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Yeah that defense checked out to the tune of top 5 defense in the league. All while bortles turned the ball over every other drive.

I don’t care about the stats. They were too talented not to be one of the best.

They weren’t nearly as good as they were in 2018 and that’s because their best players were distractions just as much as it was about Bortles.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:34 AM
You're making zero sense. In one post you say that he'll be a chief by the start of the season. And in the next you'rr talking about he's a locker room distraction and smart winning teams wouldn't want him.

Which is it?

Was trolling with the Chiefs comment.

Although I wouldn't mind having him, but that's moreso because I think Andy and Co could handle him.

But after the Peters thing, I doubt they want him.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:35 AM
I don’t care about the stats.

They weren’t nearly as good as they were in 2018 and that’s because their best players were distractions.

Eh, I dunno about that.

I think they were good, not as good, but that's moreso because they were just dominant in 17. Hard to repeat.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:36 AM
I think Mecca has a point in that teams will put up with it, until they become expensive.

Teams may put up with him because he's the best CB in the league. I'd take him in KC, but he's gonna want an outrageous amount of money.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:36 AM
Eh, I dunno about that.

I think they were good, not as good, but that's moreso because they were just dominant in 17. Hard to repeat.

My best friend is a HUGE Jags fan and they’re like a second team to me.

They weren’t as good as they should’ve been and there was clearly an issue with their star players being distracted. Of course they’re going to be top 5 with the most talented defensive roster in the league.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:37 AM
I don’t care about the stats. They were too talented not to be one of the best.

They weren’t nearly as good as they were in 2018 and that’s because their best players were distractions.

They weren't nearly as good because Bortles went from throwing 21 touchdowns and 13 INTS to throwing 13 touchdowns and with 11 INTs. Also their running game went from #1 in the league to being #19th in the league.

I'd say those two things had way more to do with their decline than any distraction Jalen Ramsey caused.

O.city
07-24-2019, 10:37 AM

They weren’t as good as they should’ve been.

They were good early, then shit went haywire.

Have to see how they turn it around, i'm no fan of their coach so who knows.

The Franchise
07-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Would you trade for Ramsey if it meant that Jones was gone?

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:39 AM
They weren't nearly as good because Bortles went from throwing 21 touchdowns and 13 INTS to throwing 13 touchdowns and with 11 INTs. Also their running game went from #1 in the league to being #19th in the league.

I'd say those two things had way more to do with their decline than any distraction Jalen Ramsey caused.

Did you watch the Chiefs/Jags game?

Did you not see Telvin Smith and their other defenders completely losing their composure? That was a common occurrence last year.

Halfcan
07-24-2019, 10:39 AM
He is going to get plenty of attention Week 1 when Reek drags him up and down the field again.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Did you watch the Chiefs/Jags game?

Did you not see Telvin Smith and their other defenders completely losing their composure? That was a common occurrence last year.

Yeah they had a few bad games. Still ended up top 5 in yards and points. Back when the chiefs had a good defense they still had dud games. It happens. Especially when playing a historically great offense lol.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:40 AM
They were good early, then shit went haywire.

Have to see how they turn it around, i'm no fan of their coach so who knows.

His leadership could also be part of the problem.

I just don’t see Foles being anything close to what he was in Philly with what he has to work with there.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah they had a few bad games. Still ended up top 5 in yards and points. Back when the chiefs had a good defense they still had dud games. It happens. Especially when playing a historically great offense lol.

So you don’t find their best players losing composure and/or being distractions the least bit concerning? Even when those issues don’t seem to be resolved after the offseason? Telvin Smith isn’t playing this year, Ramsey is still being a distraction, and Yannick feels disrespected by the organization.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Just pulling up in the Brinks truck and walking in: Low key, baller-ass move.

Showing up in the back of it and having a fucking hype man announce your presence: Fucking nouveau riche trash move.

I saw the headline and thought it was funny. Then I watched the clip and that's just pathetic - what a chode.

-King-
07-24-2019, 10:50 AM
So you don’t find their best players losing composure and/or being distractions the least bit concerning? Even when those issues don’t seem to be resolved after the offseason? Telvin Smith isn’t playing this year, Ramsey is still being a distraction, and Yannick feels disrespected by the organization.

Why do you keep bringing up Telvin Smith? He obviously had personal stuff that made him quit football. He didn't just leave the Jags, he left football all together. Ramsey will get PAID. Either by the Jags or by another team. But a #1 corner on a top 5 defense will get paid, especially when the most distracting thing about him is him saying he's great (which he is) and bringing a brinks truck to TC. If the Jags are stupid enough to not pay him for that, he won't have any trouble finding a team who will.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
His teammates don't give 2 shits what vehicle he arrives in. They all want to get paid too.This.

ModSocks
07-24-2019, 10:54 AM
While i'd love Ramsey, i have hard time seeing the Chiefs fitting the highest paid QB, highest paid CB, 2nd highest paid S, and highest paid WR...and Chris Jones....all under the cap.

The Franchise
07-24-2019, 10:55 AM

While i'd love Ramsey, i have hard time seeing the Chiefs fitting the highest paid QB, highest paid CB, 2nd highest paid S, and highest paid WR...and Chris Jones....all under the cap.

See my question then.

Mecca
07-24-2019, 10:59 AM

I'm not 100% certain that he won't be gone anyway.

oldman
07-24-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm not 100% certain that he won't be gone anyway.

Naw, he and we good.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 11:03 AM
See my question then.

No.

This is a matchup league, especially in the secondary.

You're better served spending #1 CB money on getting 5 credible players out there to ensure that smart OC's can't just find your hole and eat it alive.

The Chiefs could've had Ramsey last year and their defense would've still sucked. And if they'd have had Ramsey instead of Jones last year, it would've sucked even WORSE.

These OC's now are going to simply exploit your weakness, they're not going to attack your strength. The Chiefs did just fine against that Jags D and they did it by just working around Ramsey. And that was with the Jags having a damn good secondary around him.

A cornerback is reactive whereas a DL is proactive. The DL drives the play, especially a potentially disruptive one like Jones. A CB, even an elite one, isn't driving the play as much as he's just making the offense operate a little differently. Well when you get to the playoffs, all those offenses are capable of operating differently if need be. What you want then is the guy who can drive the play on the DL.

staylor26
07-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Why do you keep bringing up Telvin Smith? He obviously had personal stuff that made him quit football. He didn't just leave the Jags, he left football all together. Ramsey will get PAID. Either by the Jags or by another team. But a #1 corner on a top 5 defense will get paid, especially when the most distracting thing about him is him saying he's great (which he is) and bringing a brinks truck to TC. If the Jags are stupid enough to not pay him for that, he won't have any trouble finding a team who will.

Because we’re talking about the state of that locker room last year. He was part of that locker room.

The reason I brought up him not playing this year is because things didn’t get better for them in the offseason, hence why you’d want the leader of your defense to be coming into camp focused and humbled after everything.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Honestly, we need some young corners to hit. We're going to need young, cost-controlled talent across the roster. Ward is a good start. I hope some of the others work as well.

notorious
07-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Absolutely hilarious. LMAO

It’s not what players on championship teams do, though.

alpha_omega
07-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Not surprised the stick to sports curmudgeons don’t find this funny.

Get off my lawn!

BWillie
07-24-2019, 11:38 AM
It's like you can't criticize players anymore for being bad teammates.

All of you guys that care about "optics" "bad looks" - don't care about this? It's not the worst thing in the world, but don't kid yourself this doesn't go over great to EVERYONE in the locker room. This is just a micro chasm of the inner issues with that locker room.

Buckweath
07-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Nto saying it will happen but Patrick Peterson makes a 1000 times more sense than Ramsey for this team when taking into account everything, including trade compensation obivously.

Anyways, I don't want no part of Ramsey. He is despicable as far as I am concerned. Every player wants his money but just don't be a **** about it.

CasselGotPeedOn
07-24-2019, 11:40 AM
He's a huge douche, so of course Queen loves him.

ChiefGator
07-24-2019, 11:44 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DigitalVengefulAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

-King-
07-24-2019, 11:47 AM
It's like you can't criticize players anymore for being bad teammates.

All of you guys that care about "optics" "bad looks" - don't care about this? It's not the worst thing in the world, but don't kid yourself this doesn't go over great to EVERYONE in the locker room. This is just a micro chasm of the inner issues with that locker room.

His teammates don't give 2 shits what vehicle he arrives in. They all want to get paid too.

Seriously, tell me why his teammates would be mad?

neech
07-24-2019, 11:48 AM
I think they will too.

So we can afford Ramsey with Mahomes contract company my up

Money falls from the sky.

Halfcan
07-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Not to be outdone by Ramsey- Chris Jones to show up on a yacht while dressed like Thurston Howel the Third.

-King-
07-24-2019, 11:50 AM
He's a huge douche, so of course Queen loves him.

Teammates will care about this as much as they care about Travis Kelce having a dating show in the off season. As long as they play great, no one gives a shit.

And as a team with a player that just went through a much much much much more distracting issue, we shouldn't throw stones.

RealSNR
07-24-2019, 12:00 PM

They weren’t as good as they should’ve been and there was clearly an issue with their star players being distracted. Of course they’re going to be top 5 with the most talented defensive roster in the league.

Is this your best friend?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/glCRe7cSqhw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
07-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Is this your best friend?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/glCRe7cSqhw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

O.city
07-24-2019, 12:07 PM
No.

This is a matchup league, especially in the secondary.

You're better served spending #1 CB money on getting 5 credible players out there to ensure that smart OC's can't just find your hole and eat it alive.

The Chiefs could've had Ramsey last year and their defense would've still sucked. And if they'd have had Ramsey instead of Jones last year, it would've sucked even WORSE.

These OC's now are going to simply exploit your weakness, they're not going to attack your strength. The Chiefs did just fine against that Jags D and they did it by just working around Ramsey. And that was with the Jags having a damn good secondary around him.

A cornerback is reactive whereas a DL is proactive. The DL drives the play, especially a potentially disruptive one like Jones. A CB, even an elite one, isn't driving the play as much as he's just making the offense operate a little differently. Well when you get to the playoffs, all those offenses are capable of operating differently if need be. What you want then is the guy who can drive the play on the DL.

I think that's probably right, but I also think there's some nuance we're missing here.

If the new DL and LB coach is all they are billed to be, we would theoretically be able to go a little more chicken salad outta shit at those spots. I'm not sure we can do that at CB. I'm actually not sure any team can do that.

I absolutely hate to say it, but look at what the Pats have done defensively. Bill has put more towards CB and secondary and gotten by up front with scheme.

Maybe there's something there?

Setsuna
07-24-2019, 12:14 PM
I thought by now CP wouldn't be trying to diagnose a top tier player's actions. Guess it's fine as long as they don't play for yall.

Jalen is a clown but his talent is undeniable.

Also I take offense to Staylor acting like he knows anything at all about the Jags besides names of the players on the team. You know nothing and you should feel bad.

SuperBowl4
07-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Almost as good as Lebron James's "jewish money" video ROFL

Bump
07-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Obnoxious.

DrRyan
07-24-2019, 12:36 PM

No. Not a chance. Jones has a greater effect on the outcome of the game IMO than Ramsey.

Setsuna
07-24-2019, 12:39 PM
No. Not a chance. Jones has a greater effect on the outcome of the game IMO than Ramsey.

Agreed. Just don't throw his way and threat neutralized.

kcxiv
07-24-2019, 12:41 PM
lol, i laughed! was pretty funny!

ModSocks
07-24-2019, 12:42 PM
The funniest part of the video was the door closing back in his face the 1st time he opened it.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 12:42 PM
I think that's probably right, but I also think there's some nuance we're missing here.

If the new DL and LB coach is all they are billed to be, we would theoretically be able to go a little more chicken salad outta shit at those spots. I'm not sure we can do that at CB. I'm actually not sure any team can do that.

I absolutely hate to say it, but look at what the Pats have done defensively. Bill has put more towards CB and secondary and gotten by up front with scheme.

Maybe there's something there?Ward is a really decent player with a high upside. He was an UDFA. I wouldn't be shocked if one of our rookies this year sticks at the position.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Agreed. Just don't throw his way and threat neutralized.The CB has already won in that situation.

Setsuna
07-24-2019, 01:12 PM
The CB has already won in that situation.

Well what can a top tier CB do better than top tier pass rusher? You cant really stop the latter. You can neutralize the former.

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Well what can a top tier CB do better than top tier pass rusher? You cant really stop the latter. You can neutralize the former.

A top tier pass rusher can be neutralized by getting the ball out quick.

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:14 PM
Ward is a really decent player with a high upside. He was an UDFA. I wouldn't be shocked if one of our rookies this year sticks at the position.

Ward could be good. He could suck. We don't really know yet.

SAUTO
07-24-2019, 01:18 PM

Don't forget fournette...

BWillie
07-24-2019, 01:28 PM

Seriously, tell me why his teammates would be mad?

I'm a back up lineman making base salary. Busting my ass. And this asshat comes to work in a brinks truck. Let me assure you, SOME teammates are mad. Not all, but some.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 01:31 PM
Well what can a top tier CB do better than top tier pass rusher? You cant really stop the latter. You can neutralize the former.If by neutralize, you mean taking a half of the field (or, at a minimum, your best receiver) away from your offensive game plan, then, yeah, you've "neutralized" him.

-King-
07-24-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm a back up lineman making base salary. Busting my ass. And this asshat comes to work in a brinks truck. Let me assure you, SOME teammates are mad. Not all, but some.

... What does him coming in a brinks truck have to do with that guys salary? ROFL Why does what a backup lineman makes have anything to do with what a top 5 corner want to make?

RunKC
07-24-2019, 01:48 PM
Would I trade Jones for Ramsey? Tough call

I mean we just saw the Patriots sell Chandler Jones, use his money to pay Stephon Gilmore and they also paid McCourty and Chung.

Seems to me like they pay LB’s and secondary bc they are on average 2/3 of the price of a top pass rusher contract. They stop the run, get pressure using scheme from twists/stunts and LB blitzes while having elite cover talent on the back end.

I was wondering if we’d use that model with the hiring of Daley, but paying Frank Clark says we aren’t.

It’ll be interesting to see.

BWillie
07-24-2019, 01:54 PM
... What does him coming in a brinks truck have to do with that guys salary? ROFL Why does what a backup lineman makes have anything to do with what a top 5 corner want to make?

Because real life.

Setsuna
07-24-2019, 01:54 PM

If by neutralize, you mean taking a half of the field (or, at a minimum, your best receiver) away from your offensive game plan, then, yeah, you've "neutralized" him.

Alright, alright. I'm just trying to make a case that yall are better off with Jones than Ramsey. I know next to nothing about schemes and basic strategies when it comes to football.

Skyy God
07-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Because real life.

There’s the brain dead BWillie analysis we all know and loathe.

-King-
07-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Because real life.
Yeah and in real life, that guy knows if he works as hard as Jalen, he too will be in line for a big contract.

NJChiefsFan
07-24-2019, 02:45 PM
What does Allen Hurns think about this?

I still see you.

O.city
07-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Would I trade Jones for Ramsey? Tough call

I mean we just saw the Patriots sell Chandler Jones, use his money to pay Stephon Gilmore and they also paid McCourty and Chung.

Seems to me like they pay LB’s and secondary bc they are on average 2/3 of the price of a top pass rusher contract. They stop the run, get pressure using scheme from twists/stunts and LB blitzes while having elite cover talent on the back end.

I was wondering if we’d use that model with the hiring of Daley, but paying Frank Clark says we aren’t.

It’ll be interesting to see.

I'm just not sure what's gonna happen with Jones. If you are sure you aren't paying him and feel confident with what you've got, sure, make said trade.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 02:56 PM

If by neutralize, you mean taking a half of the field (or, at a minimum, your best receiver) away from your offensive game plan, then, yeah, you've "neutralized" him.

But doesn't both problems require scrapping your 'preferred' offense? It isn't as though relying on 2 step drops is any less of an inconvenience than having to throw away from a CB.

It's like asking a great hitter to 'beat the shift' by poking a ball the other way. Okay, they may get more singles, but they're not gonna do the 'serious' damage they'd have done by just maintaining their regular approach.

I think both positions can force you to do something that isn't your preferred, ideal approach, yes. But I think post-season teams are better equipped to work around a great CB through scheming into space. It's hard to do that when you're resorting to dinks and dunks.

So again, given my druthers, give me the proactive lineman over the reactive DB.

O.city
07-24-2019, 03:12 PM
But doesn't both problems require scrapping your 'preferred' offense? It isn't as though relying on 2 step drops is any less of an inconvenience than having to throw away from a CB.

It's like asking a great hitter to 'beat the shift' by poking a ball the other way. Okay, they may get more singles, but they're not gonna do the 'serious' damage they'd have done by just maintaining their regular approach.

I think both positions can force you to do something that isn't your preferred, ideal approach, yes. But I think post-season teams are better equipped to work around a great CB through scheming into space. It's hard to do that when you're resorting to dinks and dunks.

So again, given my druthers, give me the proactive lineman over the reactive DB.

I would probably take the DL too, just closer to the ball and more opportunities to wreck shit.

But in the end, Jones isn't exactly impossible to take out of the game plan either. My thing is that if they feel they can scheme up a pass rush and wanna go get a premier CB, go for it.

I don't know

Beef Supreme
07-24-2019, 03:21 PM
He has enough money to rent a Brinks truck for the day.

BWillie
07-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Yeah and in real life, that guy knows if he works as hard as Jalen, he too will be in line for a big contract.

I think it's funny that you are so naive you don't think ANYONE on the ENTIRE Jacksonville Jaguar roster won't be perturbed by this publicity stunt. And the mere thought that another teammate might be annoyed by his antics is so strange to you.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 03:39 PM

So again, given my druthers, give me the proactive lineman over the reactive DB.I don’t know that I disagree. It is interesting, though, to see what the Pats actually value.

I’m really hoping we can develop some of our young CBs.

JakeF
07-24-2019, 03:45 PM
This is last thing you want to do if you want the Hunt family to pay you.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 03:46 PM
I don’t know that I disagree. It is interesting, though, to see what the Pats actually value.

I’m really hoping we can develop some of our young CBs.

This is true.

But I think so much of their success comes down to BB being a wizard that trying to duplicate their blueprint is asking for failure.

O.city
07-24-2019, 03:47 PM
This is true.

But I think so much of their success comes down to BB being a wizard that trying to duplicate their blueprint is asking for failure.

Yeah, I just throw them out as not something to even think about trying.

Simplicity
07-24-2019, 03:54 PM

Who cares? Who in the right mind would want to play for the Jags anyways?

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I just throw them out as not something to even think about trying.

Isn’t it, almost exactly, what we’re trying to do with the D-line?

Skyy God
07-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Who cares? Who in the right mind would want to play for the Jags anyways?

The answer to that question is contained in a Brinks truck.....

O.city
07-24-2019, 04:04 PM
Isn’t it, almost exactly, what we’re trying to do with the D-line?

Trading a first round pick and paying a premium for said guy? Probably not.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Trading a first round pick and paying a premium for said guy? Probably not.

Not the same compensation, but they traded for d-line just last season, and the guy was being paid a premium.

Do you seriously think we won’t try to mimic what they did up front last season?

O.city
07-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Not the same compensation, but they traded for d-line just last season, and the guy was being paid a premium.

Do you seriously think we won’t try to mimic what they did up front last season?

Sure, but that's not what we were discussing.

Doing what they do contractually, and in terms of personnel is not something we should probably try.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 04:17 PM
Sure, but that's not what we were discussing.

Doing what they do contractually, and in terms of personnel is not something we should probably try.if you say so. Lord knows they don’t know how to win.

O.city
07-24-2019, 04:18 PM
if you say so. Lord knows they don’t know how to win.

Unless Belicheck is coming with it, I want nothing to do with the Patriot Way.

But sure, lets try that again.

rtmike
07-24-2019, 07:18 PM
Don't want him. When we have to afford Mahomes, we can't afford a CB like Ramsey who's not just looking to be the highest paid CB. That dude is probably looking to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. I think he wants elite pass rusher money.

THIS.

Deserved capital letters!

Titty Meat
07-24-2019, 08:01 PM

Right 53

Setsuna
07-25-2019, 03:08 AM
I think it's funny that you are so naive you don't think ANYONE on the ENTIRE Jacksonville Jaguar roster won't be perturbed by this publicity stunt. And the mere thought that another teammate might be annoyed by his antics is so strange to you.

Let me explain something to you. The Jags are a loser organization. Everyone on tbat team is accustomed to losing in the most shameful way possible. Except for free agents who are hired guns and have no stake in the organization. Dont talk about a team you know next to nothing about. Winning cures all. Jalen can do whatever he wants until we win a Super Bowl. Until then, everyones feelings be damned.

L.A. Chieffan
07-25-2019, 09:50 AM
What's the big deal? Just a dumb joke

-King-
07-26-2019, 01:16 PM

What do you think about Anthony Sherman's publicity stunt? You think our Superbowl hopes are in jeopardy because of the distraction he caused?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Sherman’s anticipated training camp entrance: NASCAR! Got a car and custom suit courtesy of Emporia native Clint Bowyer, and even a police escort! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kwch12?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#kwch12</a> <a href="https://t.co/4gAqtiFxzK">pic.twitter.com/4gAqtiFxzK</a></p>&mdash; Matt Henderson (@KWCHMatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/KWCHMatt/status/1154813016682242048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
07-26-2019, 01:19 PM
What do you think about Anthony Sherman's publicity stunt? You think our Superbowl hopes are in jeopardy because of the distraction he caused?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Sherman’s anticipated training camp entrance: NASCAR! Got a car and custom suit courtesy of Emporia native Clint Bowyer, and even a police escort! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kwch12?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#kwch12</a> <a href="https://t.co/4gAqtiFxzK">pic.twitter.com/4gAqtiFxzK</a></p>&mdash; Matt Henderson (@KWCHMatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/KWCHMatt/status/1154813016682242048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You’re comparing two different things.

If Ramsey would’ve showed up in a race car, I don’t even make this thread. The point is that he’s letting everybody know that he wants to get paid. He’s already said they’re going to have to put him on layaway. He’s making his contract situation a distraction when his team needs their leader to help turn things around after a disappointing season. If Chris Jones shows up in similar fashion, then you have a comparison. Why do you continue to play stupid? Oh that’s right because you’re a fucking idiot troll.

-King-
07-26-2019, 01:32 PM
You’re comparing two different things.

If Ramsey would’ve showed up in a race car, I don’t even make this thread. The point is that he’s letting everybody know that he wants to get paid. He’s already said they’re going to have to put him on layaway. He’s making his contract situation a distraction when his team needs their leader to help turn things around after a disappointing season. If Chris Jones shows up in similar fashion, then you have a comparison. Why do you continue to play stupid? Oh that’s right because you’re a fucking idiot troll.
Whoa! Ramsey wants to get paid?!? Before this I didn't know! I doubt his teammates knew either. I guess I can see how it will be a distraction now. Thanks.

-King-
07-26-2019, 01:34 PM
In an industry where players literally won't even show up for camp because they want to get paid, a player showing up day 1 of training camp in a brinks truck means NOTHING to other players. Especially when all those other players will agree that he deserves to be paid.

staylor26
07-26-2019, 01:37 PM
In an industry where players literally won't even show up for camp because they want to get paid, a player showing up day 1 of training camp in a brinks truck means NOTHING to other players. Especially when all those other players will agree that he deserves to be paid.

I’m not talking about his teammates. I’m talking about where his head is at, and the message he’s sending to the organization. This is the same guy that was a HUGE distraction last offseason. You don’t have to agree, but it’s pretty obvious why some of us think this was a bad look.

Marcellus
07-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Whoa! Ramsey wants to get paid?!? Before this I didn't know! I doubt his teammates knew either. I guess I can see how it will be a distraction now. Thanks.

I don't think anyone will think jack shit about what Ramsey showed up in by this time today but what I really don't understand is why you care so much.

-King-
07-26-2019, 01:41 PM
I’m not talking about his teammates. I’m talking about where his head is at, and the message he’s sending to the organization. This is the same guy that was a HUGE distraction last offseason. You don’t have to agree, but it’s pretty obvious why some of us think this was a bad look.
He hugely distracted them into a top 5 defense. And that's all that matters. If Bortles doesn't Bortle, they're championship contenders.

If the Jags are stupid enough to not re-sign him because he's cocky then they deserve their reputation of being a shitty football team and organization.

Marcellus
07-26-2019, 01:42 PM

^^^Valid points.

I would wonder the same thing if Chris Jones had done the same thing.

-King-
07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
I don't think anyone will think jack shit about what Ramsey showed up in by this time today but what I really don't understand is why you care so much.

...I replied to a thread. Same as you.

staylor26
07-26-2019, 01:43 PM
He hugely distracted them into a top 5 defense. And that's all that matters. If Bortles doesn't Bortle, they're championship contenders.

If the Jags are stupid enough to not re-sign him because he's cocky then they deserve their reputation of being a shitty football team and organization.

Lol you are focusing way too much on their ranking. Their defense underachieved last year after adding even more talent than in 2017. They lost their cool in several games including the Chiefs game that you supposedly watched. Get a fucking clue.

And no, they aren’t going to be championship contenders just because they got rid of Bortles and signed Foles.

Marcellus
07-26-2019, 01:44 PM
...I replied to a thread. Same as you.

You replied in 2 threads actually. I came over here to see what your deal was.

staylor26
07-26-2019, 01:45 PM
^^^Valid points.

I would wonder the same thing if Chris Jones had done the same thing.

Of course they’re valid points, but King contrarian just can’t wrap his head around them.

-King-
07-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Lol you are focusing way too much on their ranking. Their defense underachieved last year after adding even more talent than in 2017. They lost their cool in several games including the Chiefs game that you supposedly watched. Get a fucking clue.

And no, they aren’t going to be championship contenders just because they got rid of Bortles and signed Foles.

How the fuck does a defense underachieve allowing 19 points a game? And a good defense will have bad games, especially against historically great offense. Hell even this year I think we'll put up 35+ easy on them. Not because they're not good, but because I think our offense is damn near unstoppable.

And I agree with them not being a championship contender because I don't think foles is that good. They'll be much improved though and more balanced.

-King-
07-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Of course they’re valid points, but King contrarian just can’t wrap his head around them.

How am I being a contrarian. If Jones comes in next year in a brinks truck, I'm going to laugh and move on. I know money is the #1 motivator for all these players and I have no problem with it.

BWillie
07-26-2019, 03:58 PM

Entirely not the same thing but yes I'm sure there were at least a few Chief players who rolled their eyes and were annoyed by that as well.

Sassy Squatch
08-01-2019, 12:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ramsey with a $20 bill taped to his pads &gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="https://t.co/sHZ2JrMzVk">pic.twitter.com/sHZ2JrMzVk</a></p>&mdash; marhsim (@marhsim) <a href="https://twitter.com/marhsim/status/1156946817915006979?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

InChiefsHeaven
08-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Entirely not the same thing but yes I'm sure there were at least a few Chief players who rolled their eyes and were annoyed by that as well.

Why? He's a redneck and a character and they know him and they probably think it's pretty funny. He looks like a WWE Wrestler. It's who he is.

WhawhaWhat
08-01-2019, 12:48 PM

If there's one thing I know about NFL players, it's that they are supremely annoyed by fast cars. I bet some of those players will even buy a fast car themselves just to show Sherman how to properly drive them.

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2019, 12:49 PM
If there's one thing I know about NFL players, it's that they are supremely annoyed by fast cars.

And getting paid.

BossChief
08-01-2019, 01:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ramsey with a $20 bill taped to his pads &gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="https://t.co/sHZ2JrMzVk">pic.twitter.com/sHZ2JrMzVk</a></p>&mdash; marhsim (@marhsim) <a href="https://twitter.com/marhsim/status/1156946817915006979?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’m taking it that’s a sign he wants 20/yr.

The current highest paid CB is Xavien Howard at 15...but I think that’s mostly because it’s been a long time since a truly elite corner needed a new deal.

That’s a tough one, but I’d DEFINITELY say he’s worth just as much to a defense as almost any other defender in the game in terms of impact to the defense as a whole (matchups, game planning, etc)...so in my eyes he’s probably worth 20, or close to it.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Yea he’s totally not letting his contract situation become a distraction :rolleyes:

King Contrarian will be in to defend it any minute.

KChiefs1
08-01-2019, 02:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ramsey with a $20 bill taped to his pads >>> <a href="https://t.co/sHZ2JrMzVk">pic.twitter.com/sHZ2JrMzVk</a></p>— marhsim (@marhsim) <a href="https://twitter.com/marhsim/status/1156946817915006979?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Time to trade Chris Jones for Ramsey.

-King-
08-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Yea he’s totally not letting his contract situation become a distraction :rolleyes:

He's been putting a $20 bill(reference to his #20) on his pads for years.

So....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look good, feel good, play good.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DTWD?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DTWD</a> <a href="https://t.co/GtHVgpOKVg">pic.twitter.com/GtHVgpOKVg</a></p>&mdash; #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/952558378752135169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
08-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Even if it was something he just did because he wants a contract....so what lmao? He's talked shit his whole career and up to this point, he had backed it up.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 03:52 PM
He's been putting a $20 bill(reference to his #20) on his pads before this off season.

So....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look good, feel good, play good.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DTWD?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DTWD</a> <a href="https://t.co/GtHVgpOKVg">pic.twitter.com/GtHVgpOKVg</a></p>&mdash; #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/952558378752135169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fuck you the only reason you know that is because you read the comments.

Lol. Doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong about him not being a distraction.

vailpass
08-01-2019, 03:56 PM
A.Team player.
B.Emotional intelligence.
C.Role model.
D. I'm Gonna Git You Sucka'

Which answer is most correct?

staylor26
08-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Even if it was something he just did because he wants a contract....so what lmao? He's talked shit his whole career and up to this point, he had backed it up.

His individual play is one thing, though it DID drop off a little
last year. His leadership is another.

-King-
08-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Fuck you the only reason you know that is because you read the comments.

Lol. Doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong about him not being a distraction.

Wait...so you're mad because I read and didn't make a snap post and look like an idiot? Ok...

And once again...he distracted himself into being a top 5 corner on a top 5 defense. The nerve!

-King-
08-01-2019, 04:03 PM
His individual play is one thing, though it DID drop off a little
last year. His leadership is another.

You know nothing about his leadership ROFL ROFL ROFL

Setsuna
08-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Staylor is so clueless. The Jags FO gave Blake Bortles an extension. He's definitely sending those idiots a message. That if you gonna play Blake, you gonna pay me. There is no counter argument the FO could make to refute that fact. Also when Coughlin and the dummies get fired after this season. Jalen will still be here balling. They are gone after this year because Foles won't be playoff Foles after starting the whole season for the first time since...oh wait. He's never started and finished a season from Week 1 to Week 16. I have zero faith in this team doing any better than 2017.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Staylor is a butt hurt Canes fan and mad Jalen went to FSU and bopped his team.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Wait...so you're mad because I read and didn't make a snap post and look like an idiot? Ok...

And once again...he distracted himself into being a top 5 corner on a top 5 defense. The nerve!

A year after Ramsey firmly put himself in the conversation for best cornerback in the NFL, Ramsey inexplicably took a sizable step backward in year three. He had fewer picks (3), pass breakups (9), allowed more yards (749), allowed a higher completion percentage (54.6) and allowed a higher passer rating (73.8)

He was top 5 last year based on what? He wasn’t a top 5 corner last year according to PFF. Not really that close either.

The truth is he ran his mouth last offseason about every QB in the league, then proceeded to have a “down year” (for him it was just that), and he along with several other teammates lose their cool in multiple games. He runs his mouth so much AJ Green, one of the most quiet/humble elite players in the game, got so sick of his shit that he decided to kick his ass. The guy is a great player but a grade A douche and I’m convinced part of it is because he’s a closeted homosexual.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Staylor is so clueless. The Jags FO gave Blake Bortles an extension. He's definitely sending those idiots a message. That if you gonna play Blake, you gonna pay me. There is no counter argument the FO could make to refute that fact.

I’m not saying he’s not a great player or even that your FO shouldn’t pay him. I’m just saying the guy is a douche and he just doesn’t get it. He doesn’t yet know how to be a professional and a leader. After the disappointing season you guys just had he should be all business no talk at this point.

-King-
08-01-2019, 04:13 PM
He was top 5 last year based on what? He wasn’t a top 5 corner last year according to PFF. Not really that close either.

The truth is he ran his mouth last offseason about every QB in the league, then proceeded to have a “down year” (for him it was just that), and he along with several other teammates lose their cool in multiple games. He runs his mouth so much AJ Green, one of the most quiet/humble elite players in the game, got so sick of his shit that he decided to kick his ass. The guy is a great player but a grade A douche and I’m convinced part of it is because he’s a closeted homosexual.

ROFL Oh now I see why you don't like him and why you're so fond of the word faggot. Carry on.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:21 PM
ROFL Oh now I see why you don't like him and why you're so fond of the word pillowbitergot. Carry on.

https://youtu.be/moxuL8ssClk

You don’t need gaydar to be able to see he has homosexual tendencies. I’m halfway joking, but I really think this dude could be gay.

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2019, 04:23 PM

What does that have to do with his contract?

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:24 PM
What does that have to do with his contract?

I think it’s obvious why I and others thought that, but it’s clearly not about that now. Catch up.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Setsuna, just saw your edit, and no it’s not simply because he’s a Semenhole.

I don’t have much to say about Derwin, Benjamin, Winston, etc.

It certainly makes it that much easier to dislike him though.

Rain Man
08-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Tyreek should tape a $20 bill to the back of his jersey, and if an opposing player can catch him and grab it, they can keep it.

Sassy Squatch
08-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Wow, this thread got funky

staylor26
08-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Wow, this thread got funky

You started it bringing up that tweet that I fell for :cuss:

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Tyreek should tape a $20 bill to the back of his jersey, and if an opposing player can catch him and grab it, they can keep it.

$10?

Skyy God
08-01-2019, 05:48 PM

You don’t need gaydar to be able to see he has homosexual tendencies. I’m halfway joking, but I really think this dude could be gay.

You just keep mining the bottom of your suckyness.

staylor26
08-01-2019, 06:25 PM
You just keep mining the bottom of your suckyness.

What? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. I know your political beliefs, so I’m guessing you think I’m being homophobic, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

RealSNR
08-01-2019, 06:34 PM

LMAO

I thought the Gangstalicious thing from Boondocks was just a bizarre comment on a few hip hop artists, but god damn, Ramsey is the real life embodiment!

Rain Man
08-01-2019, 06:47 PM
$10?

Good thought. We could also go with $4.21, but NFL players make enough money that that might not be motivating enough.

TribalElder
08-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Jalen Ramsey reveals Titans or Raiders are his preferred teams if he were to leave Jaguars
https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20190807/jalen-ramsey-reveals-titans-or-raiders-are-his-preferred-teams-if-he-were-to-leave-jaguars

go to the raiders to reek can clown his ass 2x a season

smithandrew051
08-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Jalen Ramsey reveals Titans or Raiders are his preferred teams if he were to leave Jaguars
https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20190807/jalen-ramsey-reveals-titans-or-raiders-are-his-preferred-teams-if-he-were-to-leave-jaguars

go to the raiders to reek can clown his ass 2x a season

Why the Titans? Just to scare the Jags into paying him?

TribalElder
08-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Why the Titans? Just to scare the Jags into paying him?

I think he might be from nashville or something?

Gravedigger
08-08-2019, 11:40 AM
For the Raiders, the only thing I can think of if he is good friends with one of them, he wants a warm weather destination, for some reason wants to play for John Gruden, or he's an absolute idiot for taking a team that has no future at it's QB spot vs a team that has Patrick Fucking Mahomes.

BryanBusby
08-08-2019, 12:40 PM
If I were rich as hell and wanted to party a lot, Vegas would probably be on my list too.

Sassy Squatch
08-08-2019, 12:54 PM
For the Raiders, the only thing I can think of if he is good friends with one of them, he wants a warm weather destination, for some reason wants to play for John Gruden, or he's an absolute idiot for taking a team that has no future at it's QB spot vs a team that has Patrick Fucking Mahomes.
No tax. That's his reason.