PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL's Clearing of Tyreek paves way for Chiefs to have historic offense.

O.city
07-24-2019, 12:05 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846375-nfls-clearing-of-tyreek-hill-opens-road-to-potentially-historic-chiefs-season

RunKC
07-24-2019, 12:08 PM
One note before we get back to football: It's remarkable to me how a player who is on tape physically threatening a woman wasn't suspended for that act alone. If that doesn't violate the NFL's personal conduct policies, then those policies aren't worth the gigabytes they are written on. But this is a larger debate for another day.)

Fuck off pillowbiterbigot

O.city
07-24-2019, 12:09 PM
**** off pillowbiterbigot

He's not TOTALLY wrong there, but I just kinda skimmed over it and moved on.

O.city
07-24-2019, 12:21 PM
But anyway, back to the topic, I think for the Chiefs to get to the level of that Bronco offense it's gonna have to come more from Mahomes.

The players around him are better than that Bronco team, but Manning was just a machine.

Halfcan
07-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Are we going to get any good reports without them throwing in their stupid opinion on Hill?

On a side note: Bland article with no new information.

WhawhaWhat
07-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Mike Freeman is an idiot. Don't even bother reading this garbage.

DTVietnam
07-24-2019, 12:33 PM
why post this and give these scumbags clicks?

New World Order
07-24-2019, 12:35 PM
We're going to dunk on all of these fucking assholes this year

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 12:51 PM
He's not TOTALLY wrong there, but I just kinda skimmed over it and moved on.Yeah, he is totally wrong there.

SAUTO
07-24-2019, 12:56 PM

He's wrong if tyreek wasn't physically threatening her. I'm thinking the nfl concluded that it wasn't due to some evidence we haven't seen.
It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.

O.city
07-24-2019, 12:58 PM
He's wrong if tyreek wasn't physically threatening her. I'm thinking the nfl concluded that it wasn't due to some evidence we haven't seen.
It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.

That's what I was kinda thinking. They had to have something that showed he wasn't being threatening.

Naptown Chief
07-24-2019, 01:02 PM
In other news;

MY HISTORIC SHIT THIS MORNING CLEARS THE WAY FOR MOAR FOOD AND MOAR SHITS.
-More at 11

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Anyone, moving past the Tyreek stuff that you snowflakes didn't like, it would be pretty interesting to see if they can get to that number with the hopeful defensive improvement.

That Bronco team had a pretty legit d as well so they blew some people out. I'm not sure Andy will keep the pedal down?

staylor26
07-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Anyone, moving past the Tyreek stuff that you snowflakes didn't like, it would be pretty interesting to see if they can get to that number with the hopeful defensive improvement.

That Bronco team had a pretty legit d as well so they blew some people out. I'm not sure Andy will keep the pedal down?

I think they can but I don’t know can’t fucking wait to see.

prhom
07-24-2019, 01:20 PM
According to some, we are already historically offensive just because Tyreek is on the team. I’m excited to see historic production as well!

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:20 PM
It's just a fuck load of points. I dunno fellas, that's really just hard to get to that point.

I could see them doing a similar thing to last year.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 01:25 PM
"Travis Kelce isn't even 30 yet..."

That's writer's speak for "He's gonna turn 30 this season" and that just bums me out.

The guy didn't even start his career until 25. Maybe that means the odometer will be lower and he'll play productive ball into his mid 30s like TG but man, I'm gonna hate seeing the decline of Kelce because that guy is just a !@#$ing beast.

There's a real chance that last year was his peak. Everyone has a 'career year' and you never know that was the year until you look back. What are the odds of him pulling that off again?

lcarus
07-24-2019, 01:26 PM
"The Greatest Show on Bermuda Grass"

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 01:27 PM
That's what I was kinda thinking. They had to have something that showed he wasn't being threatening.You mean, like. his explanation for the comment? Isn't he the only person who can truly elucidate his intent?

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:28 PM
"Travis Kelce isn't even 30 yet..."

That's writer's speak for "He's gonna turn 30 this season" and that just bums me out.

The guy didn't even start his career until 25. Maybe that means the odometer will be lower and he'll play productive ball into his mid 30s like TG but man, I'm gonna hate seeing the decline of Kelce because that guy is just a !@#$ing beast.

There's a real chance that last year was his peak. Everyone has a 'career year' and you never know that was the year until you look back. What are the odds of him pulling that off again?

Hopefully the ankle cleanup helps him physically.

But yeah, he could start declining I guess at any point. I would say though, with the dudes running around outside and with the guy under center hes got, plus the large man calling plays...I dunno. He's gonna be open, a lot.

He may not be the guy that just runs away from everyone that he was a year or two ago and he may have to transition into more of what Tony was late in his career, but I think he'll be fine.

suzzer99
07-24-2019, 01:31 PM
Fuck off pillowbiterbigot

It was one quick little aside.

Some of you might want to get a thicker skin about this stuff, or you're going to have a lot of meltdowns this season.

I predict most print and on air personalities are going to feel the need to make one little editorial comment like this - just to make sure the world knows they don't support even the possibility of domestic abuse.

SAUTO
07-24-2019, 01:45 PM
You mean, like. his explanation for the comment? Isn't he the only person who can truly elucidate his intent?

But does just an explanation prove anything?

saphojunkie
07-24-2019, 01:46 PM

Yes he is.

DJJasonp
07-24-2019, 01:49 PM
This guy motivated me to make my first ever post on twitter.

It's irresponsible journalism (what isnt these days?) for him to come to a conclusion on his own - without facts - as to the context of "you should be afraid of me".

Only tyreek knows the context......and obviously the NFL recognized that, and gave no punishment.

RunKC
07-24-2019, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure Andy will keep the pedal down?

It’s been proven time and time again that no matter the QB, Andy takes his foot off the gas when he has a substantial lead.

SupDock
07-24-2019, 01:52 PM
It’s been proven time and time again that no matter the QB, Andy takes his foot off the gas when he has a substantial lead.

Which frequently doesn't work out when your defense is as shitty as ours was

PAChiefsGuy
07-24-2019, 01:52 PM
This whole 'historically' great offense is so misleading anyways. It's an offensive era, almost every year there is a 'historically' great offense.

Chiefs had a historic offense last year. Did Chiefs win the SB? No they didnt. This team needs balance not a 'my offense is so good I can outscore any opponent every game' crap.

Patriots will beat us every time with that strategy.

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:53 PM

He may have tried last year, but we now know with Pat and CO. it doesn't really matter.

I don't think with this much talent, he can. They're gonna score because of Pats mentality.

O.city
07-24-2019, 01:54 PM
This whole 'historically' great offense is so misleading anyways. It's an offensive era, almost every year there is a 'historically' great offense.

Chiefs had a historic offense last year. Did Chiefs win the SB? No they didnt. This team needs balance not a 'my offense is so good I can outscore any opponent every game' crap.

Yeah, the Pats have never employed such...…..oh wait.

Go back to cheering for the Alex Smith led Redskins.

PAChiefsGuy
07-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Yeah, the Pats have never employed such...…..oh wait.

Go back to cheering for the Alex Smith led Redskins.

What the hell does my post have to do with Alex Smith? You people are obsessed w that guy..

RINGLEADER
07-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Another article with a lot of opinions that don't much matter.

Still believe Mecole Hardman was drafted more to replace Sammy Watkins then he was to replace Tyreek Hill.

carcosa
07-24-2019, 02:48 PM
In other news;

-More at 11

Congrats on ur big shit!!!

loochy
07-24-2019, 02:54 PM
He may have tried last year, but we now know with Pat and CO. it doesn't really matter.

I don't think with this much talent, he can. They're gonna score because of Pats mentality.

Even with RRRP?

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Another article with a lot of opinions that don't much matter.

Still believe Mecole Hardman was drafted more to replace Sammy Watkins then he was to replace Tyreek Hill.Sort of. I think he was drafted for 1) the return game 2) offense

O.city
07-24-2019, 03:23 PM
I'm kinda of interested to see this Lovett guy. I know, I know, UDFA position change etc.

But he's a great athlete and Andy knows how to work some of these guys.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 03:26 PM
I'm kinda of interested to see this Lovett guy. I know, I know, UDFA position change etc.

But he's a great athlete and Andy knows how to work some of these guys.

I kinda feel like the plan is to squirrel him away on the PS while Yelder gets the job this year. I just can't imagine Andy's gonna trust a guy that green to go in there and be the TE2 when that position will have blocking responsibilities, etc...

He'll want someone a little more experienced out of the chute.

New World Order
07-24-2019, 03:31 PM

KC just needs an average defense that can make a stop every once in a while.

FAX
07-24-2019, 03:32 PM
The Kelce issue is important ...

I've mentioned this before, but I did a snap-by-snap breakdown of last season (with the single exception of the AFCCG which I will not watch) and noted that, although Tyreek was on the receiving end of the most "spectacular" plays, it was Kelce who was the go-to guy when we needed to extend drives in critical situations.

Let's hope that Kelce has a lot of years left in the tank.

FAX

RunKC
07-24-2019, 03:33 PM
I kinda feel like the plan is to squirrel him away on the PS while Yelder gets the job this year. I just can't imagine Andy's gonna trust a guy that green to go in there and be the TE2 when that position will have blocking responsibilities, etc...

Lovett is a 235 lb TE that runs a 4.56 40 and 6.94 3 cone. He also breaks tackles. Geez he’s a better athlete than Kelce by a numbers standpoint.

Gotta think Andy can mix him in on specialty plays as the 3rd TE. I get that he isn’t relied on for blocking but Kelce, Sherm, Yelder and even a 6th OL can be used for blocking.

Imagine having him as one of the 5 receivers on empty set plays? My god that could be a nightmare for defenses in the middle of the field.

O.city
07-24-2019, 03:41 PM

RunKC alluded to it, but I think they may use him more as that Taysom Hill type player early.

There's a lot of creative stuff they could do with him having his QB background.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Lovett is a 235 lb TE that runs a 4.56 40 and 6.94 3 cone. He also breaks tackles. Geez he’s a better athlete than Kelce by a numbers standpoint.

Gotta think Andy can mix him in on specialty plays as the 3rd TE. I get that he isn’t relied on for blocking but Kelce, Sherm, Yelder and even a 6th OL can be used for blocking.

Imagine having him as one of the 5 receivers on empty set plays? My god that could be a nightmare for defenses in the middle of the field.

As a 3rd TE, for sure. I just don't think we'll be carrying 3 TEs this year. I absolutely think he makes the squad if they carry 3 TEs but if they choose to roll with 2, I just can't see Andy making Lovett that guy.

Sherman's an interesting thought, though. Could they use him in a mix/match role? If you're gonna play with the TE2 as a more in-line player, you work with Sherman primarily. If you're gonna be in a situation where you're using Kelce in-line and use your TE2 as a 'move' TE, you could then insert Lovett.

You'd kinda be telegraphing based on personnel but by the same token, it isn't as though Sherman can't catch or that Lovett will embarrass himself every time he tries to block. They may be better situated in a single type of role but not so helpless in the other that you could just sell out one direction any time they're on the field.

oldman
07-24-2019, 04:03 PM
"If that doesn't violate the NFL's personal conduct policies, then those policies aren't worth the gigabytes they are written on."

Call me when Kraft has his day with Rog.

suzzer99
07-24-2019, 04:04 PM
Requirements of Chiefs 2nd Tight End:

1) Block
2) Find holes to get lost in while defenders are distracted by the real weapons
3) CATCH THE GODDAMN BALL WHEN PATRICK PUTS IT ON YOUR HANDS

I don't think it takes a dominating 3-cone or a PhD in offensology.

Pitt Gorilla
07-24-2019, 04:15 PM
As a 3rd TE, for sure. I just don't think we'll be carrying 3 TEs this year. I absolutely think he makes the squad if they carry 3 TEs but if they choose to roll with 2, I just can't see Andy making Lovett that guy.

Sherman's an interesting thought, though. Could they use him in a mix/match role? If you're gonna play with the TE2 as a more in-line player, you work with Sherman primarily. If you're gonna be in a situation where you're using Kelce in-line and use your TE2 as a 'move' TE, you could then insert Lovett.

You'd kinda be telegraphing based on personnel but by the same token, it isn't as though Sherman can't catch or that Lovett will embarrass himself every time he tries to block. They may be better situated in a single type of role but not so helpless in the other that you could just sell out one direction any time they're on the field.i think Sherman is fairly useless, but I wouldn’t mind him and Lovett making up TE2/fullback. He could, hopefully, replace Sherman in both roles next season.

Naptown Chief
07-24-2019, 08:04 PM

You'd kinda be telegraphing based on personnel but by the same token, it isn't as though Sherman can't catch or that Lovett will embarrass himself every time he tries to block. They may be better situated in a single type of role but not so helpless in the other that you could just sell out one direction any time they're on the field.

I've said a few times that I think we might see Sherm in a TE2 role. He can block, catch, and knows the playbook. I'm hoping at any rate.. I also do find Lovett intriguing. Imagine a TE screen to Lovett, who then throws a bomb to (insert receiver name here) for a TD. Has Andy written all over it

Naptown Chief
07-24-2019, 08:13 PM
In other news;

-More at 11

Congrats on ur big shit!!!

Thank you!! I had leftover ziti for lunch, which resulted in an almost equally impressive deuce! One of the best parts of being Sicilian is all the yummy pasta dishes!

ThaVirus
07-24-2019, 08:36 PM
I've said a few times that I think we might see Sherm in a TE2 role. He can block, catch, and knows the playbook. I'm hoping at any rate.. I also do find Lovett intriguing. Imagine a TE screen to Lovett, who then throws a bomb to (insert receiver name here) for a TD. Has Andy written all over it

Sherman looks like he's about 5'10". Putting him at TE isn't going to do us any favors.

FAX
07-25-2019, 06:34 AM
It's difficult to understand the Sherman hate (or disfavor or whatever). He has good qualities and has contributed to the team. Let us consider a few of them now ...

Point One; He knows the offense and can play any and all of the RB or TE positions as required at any time.

Point Dos: When used as a receiver, he has very dependable hands.

Point Trì: Does not give up on a play and works to the whistle and beyond. If that means he must flatten the enemy and cause them to weep, so be it ... in that respect, he has Honey Badger qualities.

Point Vier: Excellent special teams player.

FAX

RealSNR
07-25-2019, 07:05 AM
Sherman looks like he's about 5'10". Putting him at TE isn't going to do us any favors.

You'll have to tell that one to Andy Reid, who was just fine using him as our TE2 while Harris was suspended in Week 1.

Andy obviously didn't have a problem working with Sherman's size

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HaRhRkORTXY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
07-25-2019, 07:14 AM
In todays NFL positions like blocking TE and FBs even though we still have one are basically being phased out because well...

Why do you need a blocking TE when you can just put in a 6th OL?

oldman
07-25-2019, 07:27 AM
It's difficult to understand the Sherman hate (or disfavor or whatever). He has good qualities and has contributed to the team. Let us consider a few of them now ...

Point One; He knows the offense and can play any and all of the RB or TE positions as required at any time.

Point Dos: When used as a receiver, he has very dependable hands.

Point Trì: Does not give up on a play and works to the whistle and beyond. If that means he must flatten the enemy and cause them to weep, so be it ... in that respect, he has Honey Badger qualities.

Point Vier: Excellent special teams player.

FAX

This is exactly why you carry him. As we saw in the last Denver game of 2017, he can carry the ball. We saw a couple receptions last year that contributed to victories. He hits his guy and then runs downfield to blast another.
I personally like 3 TE sets, especially in goal line situations. You can add a 6th OL, but other than maybe Schwartz, I can't think of any of ours that have hands I'd depend on.

Rausch
07-25-2019, 08:30 AM
In todays NFL positions like blocking TE and FBs even though we still have one are basically being phased out because well...

Because Offensive lineman can't catch or carry the football...

Mecca
07-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Because Offensive lineman can't catch or carry the football...

Yes but if you are using a 2nd TE for his blocking ability why wouldn't you just let an OL block?

I think you probably should carry a couple of athletic TE's and a FB if you have a versatile one but after that just mix and match to fill spots.

DJ's left nut
07-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Yes but if you are using a 2nd TE for his blocking ability why wouldn't you just let an OL block?

I think you probably should carry a couple of athletic TE's and a FB if you have a versatile one but after that just mix and match to fill spots.

Because the TE presents a credible threat to go into the pattern and keeps the opponent from just throwing 9 in the box.

If you're gonna run the ball and don't care who knows it - sure, use a jumbo package. But we don't even had a RB who is well suited to that job. Our RBs need a little operating room and they're not going to get that plowing into a 6 man OL and 8/9 man fronts.

I think 12 personnel should be more prominently featured throughout the NFL, to be honest. Especially if you have a TE2 that can move and threaten the seams and a RB that can catch out of the backfield. It gives defenses so much that they have to account for. They really cannot sell out to stop the run at that point and with the extra strength you get from having a TE2 in there, you can really push the line at times as well.

Rausch
07-25-2019, 08:44 AM

Honestly, using 6 o lineman might not have been a bad idea against the Pats in the playoffs...

Mecca
07-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Because the TE presents a credible threat to go into the pattern and keeps the opponent from just throwing 9 in the box.

If you're gonna run the ball and don't care who knows it - sure, use a jumbo package. But we don't even had a RB who is well suited to that job. Our RBs need a little operating room and they're not going to get that plowing into a 6 man OL and 8/9 man fronts.

I think 12 personnel should be more prominently featured throughout the NFL, to be honest. Especially if you have a TE2 that can move and threaten the seams and a RB that can catch out of the backfield. It gives defenses so much that they have to account for. They really cannot sell out to stop the run at that point and with the extra strength you get from having a TE2 in there, you can really push the line at times as well.

If you are using it to create mismatches you are better off having an athletic guy who blocks alright than you are having Jason Dunn out there.

O.city
07-25-2019, 08:47 AM

Schematically, you're taking a possible pass catcher off the field in that scenario so the defense doesn't have to account for.

O.city
07-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Sherman, IMO, is worth every penny they pay him. He's on every special teams unit, is really good at it, and is a vocal emotional leader.

He's a badass.

And sometimes you just need those guys.

InChiefsHeaven
07-25-2019, 08:50 AM
One note before we get back to football: It's remarkable to me how a player who is on tape physically threatening a woman wasn't suspended for that act alone. If that doesn't violate the NFL's personal conduct policies, then those policies aren't worth the gigabytes they are written on. But this is a larger debate for another day.)

Can someone help me to understand something? Is the personal Conduct Policy for private behavior or public behavior?

Like, if a player had an argument with his wife and called her an dumb bitch at the dinner table, but it wasn't recorded, is that a violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy?

If not...then how can it be a violation if the player was being recorded, unbeknownst to him?

I get that physical violence would be different, but the "threat" made on a covert recording...to me that's not a violation because if it hadn't been recorded we'd never have known about it to begin with...it's not like he was screaming at her and making a public spectacle of himself, which would indeed violate the policy as I understand it...

...meh. Who knows...

ChiefsFanatic
07-25-2019, 11:12 PM

It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.I thought he was threatening her with his knowledge of her possible crimes, and not actually threatening her with physical violence. I only listened to part of it, because I just want to cheer for my team and didn't want anything to hinder that.

Am I just way off?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

poolboy
07-25-2019, 11:38 PM

andy might but Pat wont