PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thoughts on Tony G HOF?

Stargazer
08-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Some strong words here which many Chiefs fans are going to agree with, I do feel like he's glossing over his time in KC, the broadcast last night was extremely Falcon centric (which makes sense, they were playing in the game but still).
https://gasnsports.com/tony-gonzalez-forgotten-years/

BlackHelicopters
08-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Tony was a Falcon?

D750
08-02-2019, 11:17 AM
I don't care. He doesn't care about his time in KC so good luck to him. He's a Falcon and he makes that clear.

R Clark
08-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Herm really pissed him off

smithandrew051
08-02-2019, 11:22 AM
I don’t really care what he thinks about his time in KC. He was my favorite player growing up and nothing he says changes what he did here.

I’ll continue to celebrate what he did on the field and not give a shit about what he thinks.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
I don't care. He doesn't care about his time in KC so good luck to him. He's a Falcon and he makes that clear.

This.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Yea, kind of a shame he has just sort of brushed KC aside.

I can obviously see where he would be pissed at Pioli, but he owes a lot to the Chiefs. Specifically the Hunts, Carl, Marty and Vermeil.

I’ll be waiting for him to mention them in his induction speech.

Chief Roundup
08-02-2019, 11:25 AM

I can obviously see where he would be pissed at Pioli, but he owes a lot to the Chiefs. Specifically the Hunts, Carl, Marty and Vermeil.

If he would have not played for the Falcons he would never even known the feeling of a winning a playoff game.

Valiant
08-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Meh. He won't care unless someone in KC complains or calls him put publicly like Trent and says he was never truly a icon of KC because he thought he was better.
Then he will rebuttal.

Lprechaun
08-02-2019, 11:27 AM

I’ll be waiting for him to mention them in his induction speech.
If he doesnt mention them but mentions anyone from Atlanta he will go down to most people outside of Atlanta as a trash human being.
I think he fixes his mistake of dismissing his time in KC

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 11:28 AM
I don't care about his HoF because he doesn't give a shit about us fans that cheered him on, gushed over him, bought his jerseys and supported his bitch ass all those years.

I've barely paid attention at all to him and haven't watched anything concerning his HoF induction. Not on purpose, mind you. I just genuinely lost respect for him and am simply not interested. He's not a Chief to me.

That bitch ain't loyal.

FlaChief58
08-02-2019, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty apathetic to him. He was a great player and deserves to be in the hof, other than that, I couldn't care less about him

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty apathetic to him. He was a great player and deserves to be in the hof, other than that, I couldn't care less about him

Apathetic is the right word. Which is a shame because this SHOULD be a moment for Chiefs fans to enjoy.

Yet when you look around, clearly Chiefs fans don't give a shit.

That's his fault.

Mecca
08-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Most players aren't loyal to anything other than their paychecks.

However usually after careers end they show respect to the organizations they played for so this whole thing is weird. Almost seems like Tony has a problem with the Chiefs in general.

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 11:38 AM

However usually after careers end they show respect to the organizations they played for so this whole thing is weird. Almost seems like Tony has a problem with the Chiefs in general.

As another poster said, he's arrogant. It always seemed like he felt he was too good for KC.

Frazod
08-02-2019, 11:39 AM
He's always kind of been a douche. I remember when he got busted on a hot mic whining about having to rub shoulders with the little people. However, a lot of them are probably like that.

That being said, his leaving really had no impact on an awful team, I don't blame him for wanting to leave under the circumstances, and he didn't fuck us by going to a division rival.

Don't hate him. Don't love him. He's just kind of there.

Mecca
08-02-2019, 11:42 AM
As another poster said, he's arrogant. It always seemed like he felt he was too good for KC.

I'm going to be honest here, if that was something that was a big deal to you, we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Halfcan
08-02-2019, 11:43 AM

He is going in the HOF as a Chief and the best TE ever. Tony G has been back several times for half time ceremonies, so I really doubt he has hate for the Chiefs or fans.

Demonpenz
08-02-2019, 11:50 AM
He could ball his ass off on shit teams. He did his job. The chiefs didn't.

AdolfOliverBush
08-02-2019, 11:57 AM
The Chiefs completely wasted his talent by having the rejected auditioning actors from "Life Goes On" play QB for the team.

New World Order
08-02-2019, 12:02 PM
He'll be an afterthought when Kelce wins a couple of SBs.

Lprechaun
08-02-2019, 12:03 PM
With Kelce going to the HOF after he retires TG will be one of those "old timers" players back when we couldnt win Super Bowls.
Kelces numbers are right there with TGs

Flying High D
08-02-2019, 12:06 PM
He is going in the HOF as a Chief and the best TE ever. Tony G has been back several times for half time ceremonies, so I really doubt he has hate for the Chiefs or fans.

Link? Wasn’t aware an individual went into the HOF as a member of a team.

“An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.”

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

Pro tip: This is a professional football team forum. People know the NFL on here.

TribalElder
08-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Tony proved you don’t have to be a winner in the post season to get into the HOF

alpha_omega
08-02-2019, 12:15 PM
..... these developments could impact his legacy in Kansas City moving forward.

It already has...eff him.

Iowanian
08-02-2019, 12:20 PM
I've wondered why this wasn't a discussion with 2 Chiefs going into the hall.

88 was a great Chief, but kind of pissed me off with his comments when he left. The message from fans who met him was usually that he was a prick in person.

I guess I'm glad for him because he was fun to watch, but it's really weird how indifferent I am to him making the hall. We knew it would happen and he deserves it due to his play, but I don't know how he can possibly discount his KC time the way he does.

Rain Man
08-02-2019, 12:22 PM
It would take a pretty uneducated football fan to view his Chiefs years as "forgotten years".

I choose to enjoy remembering his career as a Chief. I don't care what he did after he left.

lcarus
08-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Tony proved you don’t have to be a winner in the post season to get into the HOF

Being the unquestionably greatest all time player at your position definitely helps

RealSNR
08-02-2019, 12:31 PM
So why were the Falcons selected for the HOF Game? The only player they got was Tony. Five years of Tony.

That's what's puzzling to me. The Chiefs had Tony for most of his career and Robinson for all of his career. And they even farted out two shitty years of Ty Law.

I kinda understand the Donks and Bowlen and putting them in the HOF game. Sorta. And you can't put a divisional game in the HOF Game, that would just be weird. But why Atlanta? Put in the Ravens with Reed, or Dallas with Brandt.

The Falcons... that's just weird.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Being the unquestionably greatest all time player at your position definitely helps

Except it's not unquestionable.. NFL followers bring up Antonio Gates all the time.

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 12:34 PM
I'm going to be honest here, if that was something that was a big deal to you, we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Im not speaking on an individuals feelings they keep to themselves, but instead what they put out there in the media and in the open. Kinda like Steven Nelson taking jabs when he left.

Tony G makes it obvious that he wants to distance himself from KC. And he has a far less than stellar track record with the fans.

RealSNR
08-02-2019, 12:34 PM

And in the case of Terrell Davis, you can be a winner on a team of cheaters for 3 seasons, then get injured and the NFL will still put you in the HOF even though you never held any records or demonstrated long term success or contributions to the NFL during your career.

It's such fucking bullshit that he's in the HOF. By doing that, the NFL now has to put in practically EVERY RB with a similar resume.

Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster... ya'll come on down. You're in the HOF!

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 12:38 PM
it's really weird how indifferent I am to him making the hall. We knew it would happen and he deserves it due to his play, but I don't know how he can possibly discount his KC time the way he does.

He was such a big, integral part of the 90's-early 2K's teams. For awhile he was the only player noteworthy on the team and yet, Chiefs fans dont really seem to care. Yeah, you'd think there would be a more resounding ovation but the dude was a dick to fans, and then continued being a dick to KC after he left.

Lprechaun
08-02-2019, 12:38 PM
So why were the Falcons selected for the HOF Game? The only player they got was Tony. Five years of Tony.

That's what's puzzling to me. The Chiefs had Tony for most of his career and Robinson for all of his career. And they even farted out two shitty years of Ty Law.

I kinda understand the Donks and Bowlen and putting them in the HOF game. Sorta. And you can't put a divisional game in the HOF Game, that would just be weird. But why Atlanta? Put in the Ravens with Reed, or Dallas with Brandt.

The Falcons... that's just weird.

Not sure if they werent offered, we all know Reid likes to hide what he can.
Why play an extra preseason game? Why waste time game planning for an exhibition game taking time away from real games. I vet they were offered

Jerok
08-02-2019, 12:40 PM
I don't get why he brushes off KC. could understand if the Falcons won playoff games and made the Superbowl. But they didn't.

RealSNR
08-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Except it's not unquestionable.. NFL followers bring up Antonio Gates all the time.

Tony is 2nd all time in career receptions and yards. For ALL players. Not just tight ends. Rice is #1 in receptions and yards. Followed by Tony after that.

And he did that AS A TIGHT END.

Gates is 17th on that list. And he's 400 receptions and 4000 yards shy of what Tony accomplished. Yes, he's got 5 more TDs. But is that the hallmark of the best receivers? Aren't you kind of at the mercy of who throws you the ball?

The only argument I can really see people making is that Gates played 34 fewer games than Tony, but then you're quibbling over the issue of time spent in the league, where, "Well, this guy would be in the HOF if he didn't get his career cut short by injury, yadda yadda..."

I don't think there's really a comparison. It's Tony, not Antonio.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Tony is 2nd all time in career receptions and yards. For ALL players. Not just tight ends. Rice is #1 in receptions and yards. Followed by Tony after that.

And he did that AS A TIGHT END.

Gates is 17th on that list. And he's 400 receptions and 4000 yards shy of what Tony accomplished. Yes, he's got 5 more TDs. But is that the hallmark of the best receivers? Aren't you kind of at the mercy of who throws you the ball?

The only argument I can really see people making is that Gates played 34 fewer games than Tony, but then you're quibbling over the issue of time spent in the league, where, "Well, this guy would be in the HOF if he didn't get his career cut short by injury, yadda yadda..."

I don't think there's really a comparison. It's Tony, not Antonio.

Just to play devil's advocate namely since I do think he's the best 'modern' NFL tight end in spite of how much I think no self-respecting Chiefs fan should give a shit about the guy, you can explain his production largely as a product of being part of a franchise that was running-oriented for most of his tenure, staffed with mediocre at best QB and other receiving threats (with the Vermeil era being the exception to the latter two factors.)

You could argue Gates had played with better passing QBs along with relatively superior pass catching threats that potentially leeched targets from him.

ModSocks
08-02-2019, 12:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today from 2-6 on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheDrive?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheDrive</a>: Tony Gonzalez is being inducted into the HOF this weekend, but it doesn&#39;t feel like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> fans care. Plus, will Mecole Hardman make us forget Veach took him over a CB? And a 1-on-1 conversation w/ Tanoh Kpassagnon.<br><br>Tune in: <a href="https://t.co/pWK7oILlWW">https://t.co/pWK7oILlWW</a> <a href="https://t.co/jRcpg6IeJo">pic.twitter.com/jRcpg6IeJo</a></p>&mdash; 610 Sports Radio (@610SportsKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/610SportsKC/status/1157360231040593930?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 2, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really guys?

sedated
08-02-2019, 01:04 PM
ITony G makes it obvious that he wants to distance himself from KC.

This is the thing I don't get. It's almost like it's intentional at this point. After the "going to Atlanta made my career" comments and (forced, fake) apology to KC fans, you'd think he was more aware of it. Then we get the "Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta...oh I played in KC too" stuff.

I guess if he will never come back to KC and doesn't want to be a part of the franchise, it doesn't much matter to him.

Halfcan
08-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Link? Wasn’t aware an individual went into the HOF as a member of a team.

“An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.”

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

Pro tip: This is a professional football team forum. People know the NFL on here.

Tony G. was a Chief most of his career. When they talk about HOF players for each team- he will count on the list for the Chiefs. No, they are not going to declare it- but he a Chief- we drafted him and he will always be thought of as a Chief.

Halfcan
08-02-2019, 01:23 PM
This is the thing I don't get. It's almost like it's intentional at this point. After the "going to Atlanta made my career" comments and (forced, fake) apology to KC fans, you'd think he was more aware of it. Then we get the "Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta...oh I played in KC too" stuff.

I guess if he will never come back to KC and doesn't want to be a part of the franchise, it doesn't much matter to him.

He was just back here being inducted into the Ring of Honor- which by his own words was very exciting to him. It sucks that he left, but he wanted to win, not just pad his stats.

Here is his opinion on the Ring of Honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He72Uj4nbok

Lzen
08-02-2019, 01:37 PM

:LOL:

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2019, 01:55 PM
:LOL:

Don't be too shocked if Gronk (https://old.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/aqlz4w/twitter_rob_gronkowski_antonio_gates_and_tony/eggwnmz/) begins to enter the conversation too.

Molitoth
08-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Glad Tony G was a chief at the time, but I've never really liked the guy.

He seems much more proud to be a Falcon.

GOGO 1 playoff win.

oldman
08-02-2019, 02:14 PM
I choose to enjoy remembering his career as a Chief. I don't care what he did after he left.

I feel the same way. It sure was fun to watch him dunk over the crossbar when he was wearing red and gold.

As far as him being a prick or arrogant, have you ever met George Brett in public when he wasn't getting paid? If not, save yourself the time.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2019, 02:14 PM

yah think? ROFL

FlorentinePogen
08-02-2019, 02:21 PM
As far as him being a prick or arrogant, have you ever met George Brett in public when he wasn't getting paid? If not, save yourself the time.

I used to go to the same barber shop George went to (Board of Trade Building on the plaza, across the hall from Bo Ling's). He walked in while I was halfway done getting cut one day and talked to me, the other customer and the two old barbers like we were long-time friends. He was ****ing awesome.

SAUTO
08-02-2019, 04:00 PM
I used to go to the same barber shop George went to (Board of Trade Building on the plaza, across the hall from Bo Ling's). He walked in while I was halfway done getting cut one day and talked to me, the other customer and the two old barbers like we were long-time friends. He was ****ing awesome.

We sat next to him at a chiefs chargers game on Christmas eve several years ago. Club level, cold. He sat outside while everyone else with him stayed inside the whole game and bs'd with us throughout the game. Super nice.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2019, 04:10 PM

Yea it’s really strange. Most HoF players remember where their bread is buttered.

It’s too bad because he could have been one of the all time great Chiefs ambassadors.

Megatron96
08-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Tony was the best TE I've ever seen, period. And he was unquestionably the best Chief during a period when there weren't a lot of Chief players to be excited about. He may have single-handedly won/nearly won countless games for us, and at times was the sole pin-point of light for this fan as far as the Chiefs were concerned.

And I can't fault him for wanting to leave after a decade of playing his ass off for mediocre Chiefs teams for a chance at a ring. In fact, at the time I was happy for him; I felt he deserved a shot at a SB after toiling for a sub-standard Chiefs team all those years. And I felt for him when he ultimately didn't get one.

Flying High D
08-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Tony G. was a Chief most of his career. When they talk about HOF players for each team- he will count on the list for the Chiefs. No, they are not going to declare it- but he a Chief- we drafted him and he will always be thought of as a Chief.

Have you let Tony in on this intel? Asking for Tony the fucking turd.

King_Chief_Fan
08-02-2019, 07:25 PM
No one cares about Tony G.

Dayze
08-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Tony was a dick. Probably still is.

Don’t GAF about that guy one way or the other.

stevieray
08-02-2019, 07:51 PM
meh.

just meh.

too bad, too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Tony had a great pair of hands and some of the sweetest dick sucking lips you will ever see on a tight end.
His ability to run with that cock in his mouth and get the extra jism after the catch will make him one of the most remembered tight ends in the history of the NFL.
And oh, the balls in his mouth! His ability to gargle that southern fried junk will make him live forever in the anals of Falcon history!

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 05:27 AM
He was the greatest TE in NFL history.

srvy
08-03-2019, 05:59 AM
So I guess the only Chief going into the HOF this weekend is Johnny Robinson. OK by me liked that guy better anyway.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk

RollChiefsRoll
08-03-2019, 06:35 AM
Love the guy even if he doesn’t love me back. He was my childhood hero. I feel bad that the best QB he got to play with was brokedick Trent Green.

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 06:42 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/3e27010104c498df465b665453058e66.jpg

ARROW2
08-03-2019, 06:44 AM
I feel nothing. Fuck him

burt
08-03-2019, 08:00 AM
I feel nothing. Fuck him

Yup.....meh.

siberian khatru
08-03-2019, 08:01 AM
meh.

just meh.

too bad, too.

Yep

Flying High D
08-03-2019, 08:05 AM
I guess Chiefs fans should of quit being Chiefs fan and went and cherry picked a team. Fuck that turd.

PHOG
08-03-2019, 08:34 AM
He was the greatest TE in NFL history.

Correct, but we have the current GOAT TE playing for the Chiefs in Kelce now. :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-03-2019, 08:42 AM
I feel nothing. Fuck him

Correct, but we have the current GOAT TE playing for the Chiefs in Kelce now. :thumb:

Correct on both counts, God bless us all.

FloridaMan88
08-03-2019, 02:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/3e27010104c498df465b665453058e66.jpg

Players don't go into the Pro Football HOF with an official team designation, it is not like baseball.

SAUTO
08-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Players don't go into the Pro Football HOF with an official team designation, it is not like baseball.

It's crazy that people just can't seem to grasp this concept.

Gravedigger
08-03-2019, 02:38 PM
I'm just looking forward to his speech where he mentions the Falcons ten times and mentions the Chiefs in relation to thanking the Hunt family.

BryanBusby
08-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Are people still worked up over the fact he wasn't very fond of a place where he never won a playoff game and was traded in favor of a fat guy that played hall monitor?

MTG#10
08-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Loved watching him play but Gonzo has always been about Gonzo. There are many stories of him being a dick to KC fans, acting like his shit dont stink, etc. Truthfully he always came off as a crybaby bitch to me, and I dont give two shits about him glossing over KC. Kelce has made me forget about that prima donna.

BryanBusby
08-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Meh, he played his ass off on some truly dog shit teams.

I'm not going to blame him if he wasn't very fond over his time playing with Elvis Grbac, the corpse of Warren Moon, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, etc etc etc.

Easy 6
08-03-2019, 03:20 PM
No fucks to give

bobhill
08-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Who?

MMXcalibur
08-03-2019, 03:49 PM
No ill will towards the guy whatsoever, and I'm incredibly happy for him.

He gave me a lot of happiness on some suspect Chiefs teams. Tony was great on the field and even better off of it.

Well deserved Gold Jacket.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Tony detested Carl Peterson, and that's why he's distancing himself from the franchise for that reason. It's been documented that during his final year with the Chiefs Peterson balked on a trade deal that would've sent Gonzalez to another team.

The KC ambivalence is largely due to Carl

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Is Gil Brandt going to name every player he scouted?

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Brandt is rambling now.

RunKC
08-03-2019, 05:40 PM
I don’t blame Tony for wanting out when he did. I think all of us would have done the same in his shoes, but the disrespect is embarrassing on his part.

You became a legend as a Chief and we for damn sure paid you top money. Idk what his deal is, but his playing time is over.

If you want to celebrate 1 playoff win with a franchise that has zero championships, be my guest.

I find it really hard to care at this point

wazu
08-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Good for him, well deserved. I kinda feel nothing. He was a great Chief during a bad era, and he opted out finally. So we all moved on. But congrats.

MTG#10
08-03-2019, 05:57 PM
If you want to celebrate 1 playoff win with a franchise that has zero championships, be my guest.

I think a lot of it has to do with the success he knows we are about to have and that he's not going to be a part of it. Like I said in my previous post, he's a whiny bitch and whiny bitches are nearly always jealous bitches.

ChiTown
08-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Congrats and well deserved for TG, but I have zero emotional attachment to the guy and no interest in watching his acceptance speech.

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 07:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/cb24d9b19e9a3dce0a2af3f8a5036ff4.jpg

MTG#10
08-03-2019, 07:53 PM

He's black, so what?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-03-2019, 07:59 PM

ROFL

TwistedChief
08-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Good for him. The guy was a legendary player for the Chiefs. None of you guys would be any more gracious or appreciative or loyal if you had been in his shoes.

It’s just a shame we didn’t utilize him more effectively and were mired in futility. I still cringe about his being shoved out of the end zone in the Broncos ‘98 game.

Chief Roundup
08-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Good for him. The guy was a legendary player for the Chiefs. None of you guys would be any more gracious or appreciative or loyal if you had been in his shoes.

It’s just a shame we didn’t utilize him more effectively and were mired in futility. I still cringe about his being shoved out of the end zone in the Broncos ‘98 game.

For him to have the records he has we utilized him very effectively. We were mired in futility. I think he would feel much differently if he would have won a playoff game or two while with the Chiefs.

ChiefsFanatic
08-03-2019, 08:27 PM
I feel the same way. It sure was fun to watch him dunk over the crossbar when he was wearing red and gold.

As far as him being a prick or arrogant, have you ever met George Brett in public when he wasn't getting paid? If not, save yourself the time.Brett is the biggest prick ever. Even when he was playing. He is one of the reasons why the saying "Never meet your heroes" is so accurate.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Tony giving props to the Chiefs fans.

KCTitus
08-03-2019, 09:33 PM
I don’t blame Tony for wanting out when he did. I think all of us would have done the same in his shoes, but the disrespect is embarrassing on his part.

You became a legend as a Chief and we for damn sure paid you top money. Idk what his deal is, but his playing time is over.

I find it really hard to care at this point

plus one....

Deberg_1990
08-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Tony giving props to the Chiefs fans.

Gave props to all the right people. The Hunts, Marty and Carl, Gunther, Vermeil. Even Jimmy Raye and Herman Edwards.

Said 1998 was the worst year of his career.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Keep your feet in bounds, and you won't have these little problems in life.

KCTitus
08-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Gave props to all the right people. The Hunts, Marty and Carl, Gunther, Vermeil. Even Jimmy Raye and Herman Edwards.

Said 1998 was the worst year of his career.

1998 was a low point in my fandom as well....

alpha_omega
08-03-2019, 09:53 PM
..... these developments could impact his legacy in Kansas City moving forward.

It already has...eff him.

That was outstanding on his part. He earned a pass from me. Congrats 88

Flying High D
08-04-2019, 01:16 AM
That was outstanding on his part. He earned a pass from me. Congrats 88

Let’s just hope MVP don’t try a Tony G.

kcxiv
08-04-2019, 02:13 AM
1998 was a low point in my fandom as well....

Low point was the Pioli era for me. Dude made me question on even being a fan of a team! lol

It is what it is, he was around, he was good. he left he said some things and its over! gratz and move on!

TEX
08-04-2019, 03:27 AM
Low point was the Pioli era for me. Dude made me question on even being a fan of a team! lol

It is what it is, he was around, he was good. he left he said some things and its over! gratz and move on!

This.

I thought I'd care more. I don't.

Johnny Vegas
08-04-2019, 03:44 AM
I was always a Griffey fan growing up. Even though he was eventually traded to the Reds he always and will be a Mariner. When I place TG it that same statute it just doesn’t fit. He torched this bridge. Adios

KChiefs1
08-04-2019, 11:53 PM
https://youtu.be/BBT9x6BaWls

Tribal Warfare
08-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Let’s just hope MVP don’t try a Tony G.

Colquitt loves KC

Naptown Chief
08-05-2019, 01:21 AM

Apathetic is the right word. Which is a shame because this SHOULD be a moment for Chiefs fans to enjoy.

Yet when you look around, clearly Chiefs fans don't give a shit.

That's his fault.

Apathetic is the perfect word. I couldn't care any less about the man. Phenomenal football player, no doubt, but fuck him.

Mecca
08-05-2019, 04:36 AM

They weren't exactly what I think of when I think of the trim an NFL player can get either.......

InChiefsHeaven
08-06-2019, 07:56 AM
https://youtu.be/BBT9x6BaWls

Here is the embed:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BBT9x6BaWls" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honestly, I think everyone should watch this. It speaks a lot about who he is and why. I've always admired his playing, and I loved him as a Chief. I understood why he left and I hated it, but it is what it is. He gives good props to Chiefs fans, and this speech is really good. FWIW.

DJJasonp
08-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Wake me up when they change his offensive PI call in the colts playoff game.....