PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Family fun day

J Diddy
08-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Going to st joe for this tomorrow with my wife and son. First time. Anybody got any details about this. I know practice is at 8:15 but what time is good to get there? Also any good eats around? Looking at bandanas but don’t know anything about the place.

seclark
08-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Lose the family is the best I can give.
Sec

BryanBusby
08-02-2019, 06:48 PM
make sure to try the meth

SAUTO
08-02-2019, 06:52 PM
It's going to be fucking crazy I'd say. 8k PLUS. Id be standing in line a couple hours early.

jerryaldini
08-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Save the money on Bandanas and just get sandwiches or dogs at the adjacent Conoco station. **** family fun day.

stevieray
08-02-2019, 07:57 PM
4am

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2019, 10:22 PM
First time going as well. What’s a good time to get there? Best places to sit? Best places to get autographs? And by autographs I mean Mahomes

Chief Northman
08-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Fuck Family Fun Day

*Gunther 4 Life*

Iowanian
08-02-2019, 11:06 PM
We were going tomorrow but after listening to the radio guys talk about crowds and how long it will take to get in I decided to wait for a weekday opportunity.

Good luck.

J Diddy
08-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Save the money on Bandanas and just get sandwiches or dogs at the adjacent Conoco station. **** family fun day.

Bandanas was good. I’m sorry family fun day hurt you. I pray that someday justice will prevail.

cabletech94
08-02-2019, 11:38 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLBandanas was good. I’m sorry family fun day hurt you. I pray that someday justice will prevail.

08-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Family Fun Day is generally a madhouse.

KChiefs1
08-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Gotta be there early!

neech
08-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Text us what's going on at camp brah.

loochy
08-03-2019, 08:36 AM
It would probably be more fun for the family to go on a day that isn't "Family Fun Day."

kcclone
08-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Tomorrow (Sunday) is STM day (season ticket holders). Is it also open to the general public? Just trying to get an idea of how crazy it will be to park and get in.

J Diddy
08-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Got there about 8. Wasn’t hard to park not too bad. Got in and got a decent seat. Pretty full but not insane. I do believe the odds of my son getting an autograph are pretty slim though.

SAUTO
08-03-2019, 10:29 AM
We were going tomorrow but after listening to the radio guys talk about crowds and how long it will take to get in I decided to wait for a weekday opportunity.

Good luck.

What day you thinking?

SAUTO
08-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Got there about 8. Wasn’t hard to park not too bad. Got in and got a decent seat. Pretty full but not insane. I do believe the odds of my son getting an autograph are pretty slim though.

Hang out. There's usually someone that stays way after signing.

Last year my kids got Chris Jones after there was almost no one left out there.

notorious
08-03-2019, 10:34 AM
One of my rules in life: Only go when few others are.

I spend a lot of time with my family. With that said, anything labeled "Family _______", is going to be a fucking circus with trash everywhere.

SAUTO
08-03-2019, 10:37 AM
One of my rules in life: Only go when few others are.

I spend a lot of time with my family. With that said, anything labeled "Family _______", is going to be a fucking circus with trash everywhere.

Yeah, we always go on a weekday.
And usually late in camp after some schools start lmao

notorious
08-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah, we always go on a weekday.
And usually late in camp after some schools start lmao

https://media.giphy.com/media/2xFZeiKgGUmhgznrf2/giphy.gif

Third Eye
08-03-2019, 12:30 PM

This was not my experience. Getting the 3 and 5 years olds up and out this morning took longer than I wanted. Add in a Starbucks stop for the wife, stop by the ATM, and a tank of gas and we didn’t get there until 8:30. Parking was pretty smooth, but we were a long way from the fields.

There were no bleacher seats open at that point and nowhere along the fence to slide in with the kiddos. Ended up spending most of our time standing in lines at the kid zone. Probably saw 5 actual minutes of practice. The hot bottled water for $5 was nice though.

Won’t be doing that again. Next year I’ll take a vacation day and go during the week.

08-03-2019, 04:20 PM
This was not my experience. Getting the 3 and 5 years olds up and out this morning took longer than I wanted. Add in a Starbucks stop for the wife, stop by the ATM, and a tank of gas and we didn’t get there until 8:30. Parking was pretty smooth, but we were a long way from the fields.

There were no bleacher seats open at that point and nowhere along the fence to slide in with the kiddos. Ended up spending most of our time standing in lines at the kid zone. Probably saw 5 actual minutes of practice. The hot bottled water for $5 was nice though.

Won’t be doing that again. Next year I’ll take a vacation day and go during the week.Yeah. The chiefs have made this too much of an event. I stopped going 2 years ago when they changed all practices to 815am. I'm not getting up that early on a Sunday to watch a 90 minute practice that is almost 2 hours away.

Ron Swanson
08-03-2019, 04:32 PM
I went on Friday and the crowd wasn't bad at all. Both kids got Mahomes' autograph and my son got Frank Clark's glove that he autographed. It was pretty awesome. The grass hill by the tents is where we sat, thanks to some good advice received on here. It seems like a weekday is the way to go.