PDA

View Full Version : Football Soccer Mom Confronts Marshawn Lynch

Titty Meat
08-03-2019, 08:20 AM
https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/02/marshawn-lynch-kids-football-camp-mom-sexist/

New World Order
08-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Lynch screaming at the kids reminds me of that old Sportscenter commercial:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q0rSbR80GQk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FringeNC
08-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Countdown to a Brooke Pryor column relating this to Tyreek Hill somehow...

loochy
08-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Haha. LOL at everyone involved.

rabblerouser
08-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Haha. LOL at everyone involved.

Right. What do you expect a total POS like Marshawn Lynch to do?

WhawhaWhat
08-03-2019, 09:31 AM
He's right. Your kid isn't special Mom and he doesn't have to be nice to him.

Couch-Potato
08-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Love Lynch, but he's wrong here. Kids today grow up in a more PC world and he needs to adapt if he wants to work with kids that young.

-King-
08-03-2019, 09:57 AM
LMAO @ Taking your kid to his camp and being shocked that Marshawn acts like Marshawn.

Baby Lee
08-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Learn something new every day. Wouldn't even occur to me that an N-word pass would extend to berating children.

Now THAT is privilege.

Deberg_1990
08-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Is there a man here with you?

ROFL

Rain Man
08-03-2019, 10:05 AM
When I was a kid, my parents sent me to the Jim Jones Culinary Camp in Guyana. It was pretty weird. I learned a lot, but they never gave me my completion certificate.

notorious
08-03-2019, 10:38 AM
I don't know what age to draw the line for a coach verbally ripping a kid, but 11 is getting close.

I wouldn't intervene if it happened to my kids. I want to see how they react and use it as a teaching moment or motivation later.

kcpasco
08-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Maybe her little snowflake shouldn’t be playing a contact sport.

TLO
08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
https://imagez.tmz.com/image/ed/4by3/2019/08/02/edb7587d016a4037ba6baab2c603b246_md.jpg

Mennonite
08-03-2019, 11:21 AM
When I was a kid, my parents sent me to the Jim Jones Culinary Camp in Guyana. It was pretty weird. I learned a lot, but they never gave me my completion certificate.

The Kool Aid recipe only has four ingredients and you obviously couldn't even get that right, and you still want your certificate? Listen snowflake, the People's Temple doesn't give out participation trophies, ok?

Rain Man
08-03-2019, 12:42 PM
The Kool Aid recipe only has four ingredients and you obviously couldn't even get that right, and you still want your certificate? Listen snowflake, the People's Temple doesn't give out participation trophies, ok?

They shouldn't have stored the cyanide next to the sugar. But I did everything else right. I deserved that certificate of completion.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-03-2019, 01:50 PM
All she needed to tell him was to watch his mouth. The end.

BigCatDaddy
08-03-2019, 02:19 PM
He is a first class POS, but I thought he handled this well.

Easy 6
08-03-2019, 03:16 PM
I would expect better from someone running a camp for preteens

Be hard on them, but leave the F bombs out

ThaVirus
08-03-2019, 03:31 PM
CP one minute: "These new generations are so soft! The pussification continues!"

CP a few moments later: "What kind of POS yells at kids at a football camp?!?"

08-03-2019, 04:37 PM
I've no problem with f bombs at the high school level on up. But at that age? No. You can yell at them but keep the foul language simple. Damnit all to hell.

MarkDavis'Haircut
08-03-2019, 04:49 PM
So glad that Lynch is gone.

Overrated player and just annoying.

Easy 6
08-03-2019, 04:58 PM
CP one minute: "These new generations are so soft! The pussification continues!"

It’s not that he wasn’t civil with mom, he was

But a lotta parents out there understand why she was a little tuned up about it, as has already been said... be tough but stay away from the worst words at that age, it sets a bad example

Buehler445
08-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Meh. I don’t know.

I’m trying to remember the first time I got cussed at. It was probably later than that, but the first time a coach let loose profanity was probably earlier than that.

Lynch needs to leave the f bombs and n bombs out but he did the right thing by talking to the mom who was a cunt.

Lynch needed to not do it but I promise you it isn’t anything the kid hasn’t heard before.

stumppy
08-03-2019, 05:35 PM
It’s not that he wasn’t civil with mom, he was

But a lotta parents out there understand why she was a little tuned up about it, as has already been said... be tough but stay away from the worst words at that age, it sets a bad example

Yup

TwistedChief
08-03-2019, 05:53 PM
You sent your kids to a Marshawn Lynch football event................doesn’t excuse it by any means but this is pretty much expected.

On another related note, I sent my nephew to a Marcus Peters SAT prep course and he ended up with a 390. I demanded my money back and am still in limbo.

Baby Lee
08-03-2019, 06:38 PM

How broad-ranging is YOUR list of custodial figures you let call YOUR kids the N-Word?

Buehler445
08-03-2019, 06:40 PM
You sent your kids to a Marshawn Lynch football event................doesn’t excuse it by any means but this is pretty much expected.

On another related note, I sent my nephew to a Marcus Peters SAT prep course and he ended up with a 390. I demanded my money back and am still in limbo.

That’s hilarious.

HemiEd
08-03-2019, 07:28 PM
He's right. Your kid isn't special Mom and he doesn't have to be nice to him.

That was my take on this, Moms creating snowflakes that are "special."

kcpasco
08-03-2019, 08:54 PM
How is helicopter mom gonna react when her snowflake gets his ass and feelings kicked in a game.

ThaVirus
08-03-2019, 09:10 PM
How broad-ranging is YOUR list of custodial figures you let call YOUR kids the N-Word?

I don't have kids, but if I spend $100 sending them to Marshawn Lynch's football camp I'm not going to be shocked when they hear some raw shit.

jdubya
08-03-2019, 09:19 PM
A buddy of mine went to school at Cal with Lynch and knows him fairly well. According to him the Lynch we all see on TV is nothing like what he is in person. Says he is actually very funny, intelligent and donates TONS of his time and money to his hometown and the kids.....who knows?

Baby Lee
08-03-2019, 09:21 PM
I don't have kids, but if I spend $100 sending them to Marshawn Lynch's football camp I'm not going to be shocked when they hear some raw shit.

OK, the N-word pass is all access for Marshawn specifically, . . .
Any other metrics you'd like to share?
Teachers?
Waitstaff?
Law Enforcement Personnel?

Is there a universal n-word pass protocol for service industry?
Does it differ from friends? Professional Associates?

I mean, so we can respect your sensibilities should the occasion arise. . .

FAX
08-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Very surprised that the soccer mom didn't start throwing hands.

FAX

Easy 6
08-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Meh, everyone’s a little bit right here I suspect

NEXT OUTRAGE PLEASE

ThaVirus
08-03-2019, 09:55 PM
OK, the N-word pass is all access for Marshawn specifically, . . .

Yep.

Any other metrics you'd like to share?
Teachers?

No.

Waitstaff?

Sure. Risky for them if they're hoping to get a tip, though. I wouldn't recommend it.

Law Enforcement Personnel?

No.

Is there a universal n-word pass protocol for service industry?

I'd say no.

Does it differ from friends? Professional Associates?

Yes and yes.

I mean, so we can respect your sensibilities should the occasion arise. . .

Thanks for being so concerned but I'm not the one being a pussy.

Buehler445
08-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Very surprised that the soccer mom didn't start throwing hands.

FAX

LOL.

I love you man. Don’t ever leave again. This place is better with you, friend.

Baby Lee
08-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Thanks for being so concerned but I'm not the one being a pussy.

You feel someone is being a pussy?

ThaVirus
08-03-2019, 10:09 PM
You feel someone is being a pussy?

Yes, mostly the mom in the vid. A few members on CP..

Also, you.

Baby Lee
08-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Yes, mostly the mom in the vid. A few members on CP..

Also, you.

How 'bout you fuck yourself.

I don't use the n-word.

But do you know why?

It's not because I'm not allowed.

It's because I'm a nice person.

If you don't respect my impulse to be a nice person, it kind of frees me up from respecting your sense of decorum on 'allowed words'

Actually, I kind of feel sorry for you. You are so addicted to the rush of being disrespected that when people aren't disrespectful to you, you think they're pussies for having respect for you as a person. So you try to goad them into disrespecting you, so you can bathe in the faux acclaim of having been disrespected.

Not taking your bait, . . . because I'm still a nice person.

By the way, CP has and has always had a hard n-word ban. Is AustinChief a big pussy, in your opinion?

kcxiv
08-04-2019, 02:11 AM
i could see where moms would have an issue with it, but i dont think most males do! Wouldnt have bothered me none! like whats been stated on here, i grew up around alot worse!

dj56dt58
08-04-2019, 06:34 AM
I don't mind the yelling/language at football camp, but it's a camp for kids and if they aren't doing the drills right they should teach them how to do it right. He has assistants, pull those kids to the side and make sure they understand the drills..

I thought he handled this well other than the where is your man part. They weren't yelling/cussing at him they were just talking to him so probably didn't deserve that.

ThaVirus
08-04-2019, 07:29 AM
How 'bout you fuck yourself.

I don't use the n-word.

But do you know why?

It's not because I'm not allowed.

It's because I'm a nice person.

If you don't respect my impulse to be a nice person, it kind of frees me up from respecting your sense of decorum on 'allowed words'

Actually, I kind of feel sorry for you. You are so addicted to the rush of being disrespected that when people aren't disrespectful to you, you think they're pussies for having respect for you as a person. So you try to goad them into disrespecting you, so you can bathe in the faux acclaim of having been disrespected.

Not taking your bait, . . . because I'm still a nice person.

By the way, CP has and has always had a hard n-word ban. Is AustinChief a big pussy, in your opinion?

Alright, this has gone too far.

I called you a pussy because I felt like you were being douchy to me for little reason. It was petty on my part and I apologize.

Let's hug it out, bitch.. We good?

Baby Lee
08-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Alright, this has gone too far.

I called you a pussy because I felt like you were being douchy to me for little reason. It was petty on my part and I apologize.

Let's hug it out, bitch.. We good?

I'm always good. Apology is nice to reset the narrative, but unnecessary to salve hurt feelings.

I was legitimately trying to understand the forcefulness of the defense of Marshawn levelling the N-word at underperforming kids.

I can kind of understand both sides of the cussing divide. You send kids to football camp to get tough, and salty language isn't gonna hurt nobody. But the argument [from the outside] on the N-word is that it inflicts a hurt no one deserves and no one should have to get over. And the appearance here is that Marshawn is using it to motivate underperformers. That seems [again from the outside] to be a step too far, for anyone, let alone little kids.

I've made my position on words known and plain for a long time. Words are just vibrations of our vocal cords. They only have the power that our emotions as witnesses give them. But this one word, a segment of society has set up as a no-go land. There is no context. There is no forgiveness or understanding. Just leave it alone or there's gonna be drama. I accept that, but I also get confused when the exceptions arise, particularly when the exceptions are not friendly or helpful, but are purposefully triggering, and people still excuse it.

rabblerouser
08-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Learn something new every day. Wouldn't even occur to me that an N-word pass would extend to berating children.

Now THAT is privilege.

Black privilege.

White man could NEVER get away with that shit.

TripleThreat
08-04-2019, 11:55 AM

Not to sound lick a dick, but if you don’t have kids, I don’t really think your opinion holds much weight on a topic like this.

I was a completely different person before kids, and my thoughts and attitudes on things completely changed. You look at everything differently, and if you think you won’t and your special to this change, then you’ll be just like me, and change.

dj56dt58
08-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Not to sound lick a dick, but if you don’t have kids, I don’t really think your opinion holds much weight on a topic like this.

I was a completely different person before kids, and my thoughts and attitudes on things completely changed. You look at everything differently, and if you think you won’t and your special to this change, then you’ll be just like me, and change.

Exactly. Everyone is quick to say these kids and parents are soft, but when a grown man yells at your kid and kicks him out of something and makes him cry, shit changes. It's one thing if these kids were dicking around but if they were trying and just not grasping the drills, HELP THEM. That's what this camp is supposed to be about.

These kids probably looked forward to this for quite a while, then the day comes and it ends up being a bad experience. Most parents wouldn't be happy about it. Patrick Mahomes would never act like this at a football camp, nor would 99% of other NFL players

jdubya
08-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Exactly. Everyone is quick to say these kids and parents are soft, but when a grown man yells at your kid and kicks him out of something and makes him cry, shit changes. It's one thing if these kids were dicking around but if they were trying and just not grasping the drills, HELP THEM. That's what this camp is supposed to be about.

These kids probably looked forward to this for quite a while, then the day comes and it ends up being a bad experience. Most parents wouldn't be happy about it. Patrick Mahomes would never act like this at a football camp, nor would 99% of other NFL players

3 kids, 2 oldest are out of the house and i still have one teenager at home. I agree with you to a point but I have to laugh. Every parent on the planet is very biased as to the behavior of their own. Ive seen it for years now where friends of mine think their little JR is near flawless, always well behaved, intelligent and deserves to make every team and sport they play. The teacher and/or coach is almost always wrong and/or the jackass. Everybody elses kids are the brats, bitches and assholes........

OK I`m exaggerating it a bunch but you get my drift. As parents, we can`t help but be biased for our own and if you deny that....well.....its makes my point even more

ThaVirus
08-04-2019, 01:50 PM

I don't have a strong opinion on it either way.

It is funny how some of the same people who complain about soft, newer generations apparently think it's too much for 11 year olds to hear "fuck" at a football camp.

TripleThreat
08-04-2019, 02:04 PM

It is funny how some of the same people who complain about soft, newer generations apparently think it's too much for 11 year olds to hear "****" at a football camp.

Well I am assuming they aren’t (the parents in the thread) upset about the f*** word being used, it was how it was being used. Saying “**** guys you need to focus” and “get the **** out of my drill” are two completely different things.

Rain Man
08-04-2019, 02:07 PM

It is funny how some of the same people who complain about soft, newer generations apparently think it's too much for 11 year olds to hear "fuck" at a football camp.

Words are a funny thing. We have words that we aren't supposed to use, but words themselves are meaningless. It's the definition and intent behind them. If I use the f-word are s-word or the l-word (assuming there's such a thing as an l-word) in front of a kid, and they don't know the meaning, then it's just an exclamation. It's not harmful.

But the meaning behind words is powerful. If I use the Queen's English and tell the kid that he's a worthless bag of bones who will never amount to anything, I suspect I would do more damage than using the F-word to describe hitting my thumb with a hammer.

I suspect that curse words once had a powerful meaning that was inherent in the word. But few if any curse words really retain those meanings in common vernacular in the modern world. So is it time to unleash them onto the children? Maybe Marshawn is a cutting-edge thought leader.

ThaVirus
08-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Words are a funny thing. We have words that we aren't supposed to use, but words themselves are meaningless. It's the definition and intent behind them. If I use the f-word are s-word or the l-word (assuming there's such a thing as an l-word) in front of a kid, and they don't know the meaning, then it's just an exclamation. It's not harmful.

But the meaning behind words is powerful. If I use the Queen's English and tell the kid that he's a worthless bag of bones who will never amount to anything, I suspect I would do more damage than using the F-word to describe hitting my thumb with a hammer.

I suspect that curse words once had a powerful meaning that was inherent in the word. But few if any curse words really retain those meanings in common vernacular in the modern world. So is it time to unleash them onto the children? Maybe Marshawn is a cutting-edge thought leader.

Lol they really are. Makes language more of a feeling thing, which is tough to debate.