PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Best way to access Chiefs games on Roku?

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 12:13 PM
I don't want to support Directv. Preseason?

DaFace
08-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Not really any great options on Roku aside from services that stream your local channels (if games are on locally). If you're looking for...alternate options...you want

https://reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

But you'll need a computer for that.

KC_Lee
08-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Not really any great options on Roku aside from services that stream your local channels (if games are on locally). If you're looking for...alternate options...you want

https://reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

But you'll need a computer for that.

Or a game console that's on your WiFi. I used the r/nflstreams last year via my PS4 to stream the Chiefs' games.

Mahomes_Is_God
08-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Or a game console that's on your WiFi. I used the r/nflstreams last year via my PS4 to stream the Chiefs' games.

It actually worked? The PS4's web browser is garbage.

SuperBowl4
08-08-2019, 12:26 PM
I don't want to support Directv. Preseason?Too cheap?

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Too cheap?

I already have Hulu. I don't need Directv and season ticket.

What about watching the game after the live broadcast? Any options there I rarely can watch it live anyway.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 12:44 PM
For the record I had Directv forever. They never treated me well as a client. Love Roku

Mahomes_Is_God
08-08-2019, 12:55 PM
I already have Hulu. I don't need Directv and season ticket.

What about watching the game after the live broadcast? Any options there I rarely can watch it live anyway.

Playstation Vue is what I used last year. It has a DVR feature so you can watch the game as much as you want. Once you unsubscribe you lose them though.

PAChiefsGuy
08-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Playstation Vue is what I used last year. It has a DVR feature so you can watch the game as much as you want. Once you unsubscribe you lose them though.

Playstation Vue is awesome. I am surprised more people don't use it.

Reddit streams suck. I used to use them but too many ads. Better than not watching the game though.

arrowheadnation
08-08-2019, 12:59 PM
I'm using YoutubeTV. The only thing it doesn't have that I watch is the History Channel and NFL Network. Otherwise it is great. Fox Sports KC, all the Local Channels, All the ESPNS...haven't looked back since I left cable.

Mahomes_Is_God
08-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Playstation Vue is awesome. I am surprised more people don't use it.

It is. I'm currently watching the Donkeys/Falcons HOF game on it as I type this message, lol

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm using YoutubeTV. The only thing it doesn't have that I watch is the History Channel and NFL Network. Otherwise it is great. Fox Sports KC, all the Local Channels, All the ESPNS...haven't looked back since I left cable.

Interesting, I am in California though. NFL network app plus gamepass you can see every game after the fact in a 45 minute condensed period on demand. That might work for me. $99

SupDock
08-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Interesting, I am in California though. NFL network app plus gamepass you can see every game after the fact in a 45 minute condensed period on demand. That might work for me. $99

If you know a college student, use their information to sign up for the student version of Sunday Ticket.

PSVue and YouTube Tv are awesome if you are local, otherwise it doesn't help

I'm not entering a DirecTV contract just for Sunday Ticket

I am intrigued about the use of r/nflstreams on PS4. Agree that I have found the browser to be awful.

TheMartyr
08-08-2019, 01:22 PM

I’m not sure if this year will be different but YouTubeTV did not get the preseason games last year on local channel CBS. I remember there being a screen with a static image and message during Chiefs games basically saying that YouTube didn’t have the rights to this content. I was able to see all the regular season games, but went out and bought a HD antenna for like $30 for the preseason games and that worked fine.

Shiver Me Timbers
08-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Anyone have experience with FUBOTV?
Is that streaming service legit? 35 per month seems like a decent deal if they carry all the regional games as described on reddit

Edit-

I guess the regional games broadcast are only for my region.

SupDock
08-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Anyone have experience with FUBOTV?
Is that streaming service legit? 35 per month seems like a decent deal if they carry all the regional games as described on reddit

I believe that as along as you are in the region of the local coverage, you should have no issue. No personal experience but assume it is the same as along, sling, YouTubetv, etc

Also, an OTA antenna likely will have your local games as well

DaFace
08-08-2019, 01:30 PM

Yeah, if you aren't set on having live versions, that works well. The condensed versions take a few hours to become available, but the full-length versions are up pretty quickly after game ends (as I recall - haven't done it in a few years).

Shiver Me Timbers
08-08-2019, 01:41 PM
I had the NFL Sunday ticket online last year using one of my kids college info.
It has a delay but it is better than nothing

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Yeah, if you aren't set on having live versions, that works well. The condensed versions take a few hours to become available, but the full-length versions are up pretty quickly after game ends (as I recall - haven't done it in a few years).

We train on weekends and I usually don't get home until late afternoon anyway. It's a lot more efficient. I usually get the Raiders and Chargers games anyway.

bowener
08-08-2019, 02:07 PM
CBS streaming service is like $5/month.

KC_Lee
08-08-2019, 02:08 PM
It actually worked? The PS4's web browser is garbage.

Yep it worked. However this all I used the PS4 web browser for.

SupDock
08-08-2019, 02:08 PM
CBS streaming service is like $5/month.

True, but this only shows your local channel. It's great if you are in region

Infidel Goat
08-08-2019, 02:28 PM
True, but this only shows your local channel. It's great if you are in region

VPN FTW.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 02:46 PM
I always wondered if you could just change your regional zip on Roku/Hulu and pick up all the Chiefs games.

SupDock
08-08-2019, 02:48 PM
I always wondered if you could just change your regional zip on Roku/Hulu and pick up all the Chiefs games.

You cant. You can however use a VPN to change your detectable location.

DaFace
08-08-2019, 02:49 PM
I always wondered if you could just change your regional zip on Roku/Hulu and pick up all the Chiefs games.It's more complicated than that. They use your IP address on desktop/Roku and geolocation on mobile. You can get around that with VPNs and IP spoofers, but it gets complicated.

SupDock
08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
VPN FTW.

Agree. Some people purchase international NFL game day by using a VPN. International gameday does offer live streaming of all games, as opposed to the US version which does not.
I have heard that recently they have been countering this somehow

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Use the MMR and TDaP plugin. If that doesn't work, try to find the "there's a reason millions don't have polio anymore" extension.

rtmike
08-08-2019, 04:51 PM
If you know a college student, use their information to sign up for the student version of Sunday Ticket.

PSVue and YouTube Tv are awesome if you are local, otherwise it doesn't help

I'm not entering a DirecTV contract just for Sunday Ticket

I am intrigued about the use of r/nflstreams on PS4. Agree that I have found the browser to be awful.

Right on. Thanks for that.

That’ll be nice getting something back on our $1k @ month college bill, lol.

2bikemike
08-08-2019, 04:58 PM
I ditched DTV and have been living on Netflix and Prime. I was hoping I could come up with something as well. But it sounds like there isn't a lot of options to watch live games for us California Chiefs fans?

Mahomes_Is_God
08-08-2019, 05:13 PM
It's more complicated than that. They use your IP address on desktop/Roku and geolocation on mobile. You can get around that with VPNs and IP spoofers, but it gets complicated.

Hmm are there any solid guides on how to do this. I'm in Iowa so I can usually watch Chiefs games but they didn't broadcast the 2nd Broncos game here for some reason.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2019, 06:42 PM
I ditched DTV and have been living on Netflix and Prime. I was hoping I could come up with something as well. But it sounds like there isn't a lot of options to watch live games for us California Chiefs fans?

I bet we get almost half the games anyway. I just went with NFL game pass $99. All pre-season live. After all the regular season games are over I can watch it all in 45 minutes or the original broadcast for any game. I hate listening to all the yapping anyway.

Chief Pagan
08-08-2019, 06:57 PM
I had the NFL Sunday ticket online last year using one of my kids college info.
It has a delay but it is better than nothing

I didn't notice a delay. Are you talking like 30 seconds or something more serious ?

At least so far, ST has been relaxed about the college info. You need a DOB but do not need a college email and the credit card doesn't have to match the student.

Redbled
08-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Reddit on fire stick works great on my TV for tonight’s games.

jjchieffan
08-08-2019, 08:47 PM
You can get around those regional issues with a VPN. Just set the VPN for KC, or whatever area you want, then it gives you local access. I use CBS All Access and Express VPN. Works great.

BIG_DADDY
08-11-2019, 11:18 AM
For the record I really like the whole game pass dealio even though the regular season isn't in real time. Watching games in 40 minutes works for me while still having the option of watching all the yapping if you want.

Appreciate all the input from everyone.

Shiver Me Timbers
08-11-2019, 04:34 PM
I didn't notice a delay. Are you talking like 30 seconds or something more serious ?

At least so far, ST has been relaxed about the college info. You need a DOB but do not need a college email and the credit card doesn't have to match the student.
Sorry for delayed response. Been north of the border for the past few days.

I had red zone playing on the TV and NFL SUNDAY TIC on the computer. The computer was 30 seconds behind.