PDA

View Full Version : Life Do any of you hear radio stations or music in your head?

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Occasionally when I'm trying to sleep I hear sounds. I used to think it sounded like someone left the tv on downstairs so much so that a couple times I went down to check. Then we got rid of our tv service and I would still hear something. This went away for a couple years but now is back. This time it is clearly radio stations that I'm hearing. One night it was a country song that I could even make out the words to. I dont listen to country music but do work where I could have heard a song and not realized it. Another night it was a bunch of people talking not clearly enough to hear words. A few nights later, some type of rock song. I also dont listen to rock.

I think it's probably musical ear syndrome but as far as I know I dont have hearing loss. Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something like this.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Do you own any firearms?

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 07:21 AM
Do you own any firearms?

No. Everyone is safe.

WhawhaWhat
08-09-2019, 07:21 AM
I believe you can stop that kind of thing by getting a vasectomy.

Simply Red
08-09-2019, 07:23 AM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/aRsxA5e" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/aRsxA5e"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-09-2019, 07:25 AM
I believe you can stop that kind of thing by getting a vasectomy.

He should get this done ASAP

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 07:34 AM
He should get this done ASAP

Well, actually...

Coochie liquor
08-09-2019, 07:38 AM
I listen to a lot of music daily. Sometimes I’ll wake up in the middle of the night with a song playing in my head and it takes a while for me to clear it out enough to go back to sleep. Also sometimes I’ll hear the fan or the water flowing in our turtles tank and think it’s music or a voice but I’m sure that’s what it is (praying).

Hammock Parties
08-09-2019, 07:45 AM
only the voices

siberian khatru
08-09-2019, 07:47 AM
I remember an episode of The Partridge Family, Laurie's new braces would pick up radio stations broadcasts.

FAX
08-09-2019, 07:49 AM
It could be worse.

You could be tuned in to the "All Paula Abdul - All The Time" station.

FAX

Dante84
08-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Do you have any metal dental work or plates in your head

Dartgod
08-09-2019, 07:51 AM
I remember an episode of The Partridge Family, Laurie's new braces would pick up radio stations broadcasts.

Didn't Gilligan have some fillings that the professor put in that did the same thing?

Rain Man
08-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Probably just someone under your bed.

But isn't it a real thing that some people have picked up radio stations through their fillings?

notorious
08-09-2019, 08:08 AM
I had an old black and white tv that would play phone calls from a town 12 miles away (back in the land line only days).

I also had a shitty, unpowered subwoofer that would randomly play the police band transmissions when I lived in Tulsa.

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Do you have any metal dental work or plates in your head

Probably just someone under your bed.

But isn't it a real thing that some people have picked up radio stations through their fillings?

No metal in my head except for whatever is in fillings. I also read about metal springs in beds but my bed doesnt have any metal except a couple screws.

notorious
08-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Are the screws loose?

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Are the screws loose?

Probably, I think on most furniture you are supposed to go back and tighten the screws every so often. These have never been tightened. :D

Dante84
08-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Do you have an old shitty alarm clock? I had an old one for a long time and i realized that even though the volume was set to off it was just really low and would still play the radio

SuperBowl4
08-09-2019, 08:29 AM
only when I wear headphones and fall asleep

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-09-2019, 09:37 AM
This is the one song that I continually hear at night

https://youtu.be/jO7VJbbd4z0

Titty Meat
08-09-2019, 09:43 AM
r u gay?

carcosa
08-09-2019, 09:44 AM
The Radio Tells Me To Eat Frazod's Flesh

siberian khatru
08-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Didn't Gilligan have some fillings that the professor put in that did the same thing?

Yes, Skipper accidentally hit Gilligan in the head, it jarred something that made his mouth a radio receiver.

Rain Man
08-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Yes, Skipper accidentally hit Gilligan in the head, it jarred something that made his mouth a radio receiver.

As an aside, I have no idea what that group would have done without the professor. He pretty much solved every problem they encountered (other than being rescued), and he was the only one who enhanced their quality of life other than an occasional pie baked by Mary Ann.

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 10:48 AM
r u gay?

Maybe you should try a new pickup line. That one doesnt seem to be working for you very well. Something more subtle maybe.

displacedinMN
08-09-2019, 11:57 AM
all the time. Music all the time. It takes a lot of power to shut it off or change channels.

displacedinMN
08-09-2019, 11:58 AM
On Scrubs-there was a woman that every conversation was heard to music. She had a tumor.

KChiefs1
08-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Every night before I fall asleep.

Dunerdr
08-09-2019, 11:59 AM
it happens to me a few times a month. ill be about to fall into a really good sleep and think i hear the tv on in the living room. weird stuff.

FlorentinePogen
08-09-2019, 12:07 PM
People can experience auditory hallucinations under conditions of extreme stress, mild to severe sleep deprivation or even moderate migraines, especially if there are sources of "white noise" or repetitive noises of any kind in the environment. The repetitive noise may be something like a fan, air conditioning, or even someething barely audible like an electrical buzz from some source. The mind reinterprets that dull auditory input into something else.

Since you mention it happens when falling asleep it may alternatively be that your brain may be slipping into the patterns associated with "sleep paralysis", but less acute than the type associated with vivid hallucinations.

Kiimo
08-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Occasionally when I'm trying to sleep I hear sounds. I used to think it sounded like someone left the tv on downstairs so much so that a couple times I went down to check. Then we got rid of our tv service and I would still hear something. This went away for a couple years but now is back. This time it is clearly radio stations that I'm hearing. One night it was a country song that I could even make out the words to. I dont listen to country music but do work where I could have heard a song and not realized it. Another night it was a bunch of people talking not clearly enough to hear words. A few nights later, some type of rock song. I also dont listen to rock.

I think it's probably musical ear syndrome but as far as I know I dont have hearing loss. Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something like this.

I try to do this when I can't sleep. When I get to the point where I "hear" sounds I almost instantly fall asleep. I'm sure it is tapping into your subconscious.

As an aside the things people say when I can hear talking is always amusingly totally random.

"I sawed a sewing machine in half for the win good vibes Margaret party on Wayne" and so on

Bump
08-09-2019, 12:23 PM
is your place haunted?

I've actually experienced some weird shit with radios, but only in one particular apartment I've lived in and in that same apartment there were these girls that we hung out with and they also had even weirder shit going on with their radio/stereos.

Mine was a nice shelf system and it would turn itself on at random times, on full volume, even when it wasn't plugged in. The 3 girls had a radio and they would put in any random CD, say Led Zeppelin and it would play fleetwood mac only. That apartment complex was haunted and I still have that shelf stereo and it's never turned itself on again after I moved out of there.

Maybe your shit is haunted.

BigBeauford
08-09-2019, 12:31 PM
It's the flouride breh.

srvy
08-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Onset of complete and total insanity. I see a stainless steel cage in your future.

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 01:20 PM
On Scrubs-there was a woman that every conversation was heard to music. She had a tumor.

Yeah, good show. For some reason I thought zach braff directed that episode but I just looked it up and he didn't, oh well. Im going to go ahead and say

T-post Tom
08-09-2019, 01:25 PM
I hear this in my head quite a bit:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TSkN9m7kh9A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Munson
08-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Its the government broadcasting 5G waves directly into your head!

Beerthirty
08-09-2019, 02:10 PM
All's I hear is OFFSIDES DEFENSE NUMBER 55. Then Im pissed off and cant go back to sleep.

TinyEvel
08-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Not since I stopped using cocaine.

chinaski
08-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I get songs stuck in my head ("ear worms") and I sort of fixate on them for a few days, but I don't hear radio or television stations.

Beef Supreme
08-09-2019, 04:17 PM
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qy52ee506a.jpg

eDave
08-09-2019, 04:20 PM
I sometimes hook onto a riff that came into my mind as I lay my head down to sleep and I play that through my mind quite a bit until I fall asleep.

Then when I wake up I don't remember wtf it was. But is was great.

Radar Chief
08-09-2019, 04:23 PM
I almost always have a tune in my head. It's either that or sit there listening to my tinnitus so it's an easy choice.

tyecopeland
08-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Its the government broadcasting 5G waves directly into your head!

Do you have any ideas on how to monetize that? Or at least be able to set up a hotspot from it?

Bwana
08-09-2019, 05:03 PM
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5893faa1ebbd1a8f680352a1/1531347999463-GNCUZOI5G6SCRIFVHTVN/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kMTzfTx2pDxKEkuJtQ0imT5Zw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWEtT5uBSRWt4vQZAgTJucoTqqXjS3CfNDSuuf31e0tVFV299Zga2WM0BoKFDBrqh6mqM87BTEhv09GZqr3I 8kcJhESHpMfOOzESexg0C_2gM/THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiFt7ut8_bjAhUFFnwKHQCwBRoQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theconfessionalspodcast.com%2Fthe-blog%2F2018%2F7%2F11%2Fthe-12-best-ancient-aliens-memes&psig=AOvVaw3tXHBbYjCDJiDxZyW5Q9x8&ust=1565478212707940)

FAX
08-09-2019, 06:37 PM
I sometimes hook onto a riff that came into my mind as I lay my head down to sleep and I play that through my mind quite a bit until I fall asleep.

Then when I wake up I don't remember wtf it was. But is was great.

True story time ...

Years ago, I was driving from OP to LA by myself and somehow got that Dean Martin song about "When The Moon Hits Your Eye Like A Big Pizza Pie" stuck in my head. (I must have heard it recently on a commercial or something.) Anyway, it was an utterly horrific experience. Lasted about 1000 miles, as I recall. The damn song just wouldn't stop. It played over and over in my head.

The affliction lasted so long that I thought I was going to lose my mind. Then an idea came to me and, as God as my Witness, it worked. Here's what I did:

I memorized the melody and the words sufficiently well to be able to sing it backward. Once I did that, it was erased from my brain. Totally wiped clean and I was at last able to complete my trip in tranquility.

FAX

PHOG
08-09-2019, 06:38 PM
NO!!!!

ChiefsCountry
08-10-2019, 10:21 AM
BlackOps hears shit in his empty head all the time.

displacedinMN
08-10-2019, 10:25 AM
what is worse is when you get some shit jingle in your head.

I will not mention the one about cars that everyone HATES

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 10:33 AM
It could be worse.

You could be tuned in to the "All Paula Abdul - All The Time" station.

FAX

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8VuDLkvgw6w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 10:37 AM
what is worse is when you get some shit jingle in your head.

I will not mention the one about cars that everyone HATES

I know this isn't the jingle you are talking about but when you mentioned "about cars" but this popped in my head and probably for the rest of the day.:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Im3JzxlatUs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 10:42 AM

First psychotic break maybe?? This usually happens late teens early 20's for males and will go undiagnosed for quite some time in some cases. How old are you?:D

MTG#10
08-10-2019, 11:29 AM
I hate it when I can't sleep because there's a song in my head. It's never a whole song, just a particular verse or chorus over and over and over. Drives me crazy.

LoneWolf
08-10-2019, 11:50 AM
is your place haunted?

I've actually experienced some weird shit with radios, but only in one particular apartment I've lived in and in that same apartment there were these girls that we hung out with and they also had even weirder shit going on with their radio/stereos.

Mine was a nice shelf system and it would turn itself on at random times, on full volume, even when it wasn't plugged in. The 3 girls had a radio and they would put in any random CD, say Led Zeppelin and it would play fleetwood mac only. That apartment complex was haunted and I still have that shelf stereo and it's never turned itself on again after I moved out of there.

Maybe your shit is haunted.

You definitely smoke good weed.

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 11:53 AM
I hate it when I can't sleep because there's a song in my head. It's never a whole song, just a particular verse or chorus over and over and over. Drives me crazy.

"Candy Man, Hey Caaaaaaaaandeeee Man !! - Sammy Davis Jr. hit in the mid-70's. This one gets me from time to time and I don't know how even though I don't go out of my why to listen. It just gets triggered some how.:D

Frazod
08-10-2019, 12:02 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/97/c8/91/97c8911213ff325e64f6c3562c6a5f0d.jpg

LoneWolf
08-10-2019, 12:09 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/97/c8/91/97c8911213ff325e64f6c3562c6a5f0d.jpg

Kent! Stop playing with yourself!!