PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who will win a SuperBowl first

Reerun_KC
08-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Mahomes or Mayfield.

Post your reason as to why to support your vote.

Poll forth coming.

Bump
08-09-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm sure this will be one of the closest polls we have ever seen

mr. tegu
08-09-2019, 03:29 PM
This wouldn’t even be a very close vote on a Browns site.

RealSNR
08-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Mahkmes?

RealSNR
08-09-2019, 03:31 PM
I voted for both because I could.

They will win a Super Bowl at the same time. Mayfield gets cut midseason, and Veach picks him up as a backup. The Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

Change my mind.

Shiver Me Timbers
08-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Mahkmes?
:clap:

Baby Lee
08-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Mahkmes?

<iframe width="949" height="537" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VfwXx-ks5Ec" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
08-09-2019, 03:36 PM
This Mahomes/Mayfield shit just needs to stop.

Dude is nowhere near Mahomes.

Bowser
08-09-2019, 03:37 PM

Mayfield is to Stafford

Mahomes is to Mahomes

Reerun_KC
08-09-2019, 03:39 PM

You’re gonna year about it all season, and next and for the foreseyfuture.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2019, 03:39 PM
I'm sure this will be one of the closest polls we have ever seen

LMAO. Yeah..... No.....

Baby Lee
08-09-2019, 03:45 PM
You’re gonna year about it all season, and next and for the foreseyfuture.

Are squirrels gnawing your brains?

el borracho
08-09-2019, 03:47 PM
If Mayfield gets there first then I think we would have to acknowledge that Dorsey’s dismissal was a mistake.

Oh, and to answer your question, I think Mahomes gets there first.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-09-2019, 03:57 PM
I like Mayfield but he's nowhere near the natural ability and ESPECIALLY the mental ability of Mahomes.

And the kicker is , Freddie Kitchens vrs. Andy Reid. REALLY!

Deberg_1990
08-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Mayfield for sure.

smithandrew051
08-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Here’s a list of the opposing QBs that Mayfield beat last year:
Sam Darnold
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Andy Dalton/Jeff Driskel
Cam Newton
Case Keenum
Jeff Driskel

That’s a pretty meh list. He lost every game against a good QB.

He may well be a great QB in this league, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Bowser
08-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Mayfield for sure.

FERSHUREfershure

New World Order
08-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Mayfield is to Stafford

Mahomes is to Mahomes

Stafford is a good comparison

ptlyon
08-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Post your reason as to why to support your vote.

Mahomes
Because Mayfield is a fag.

JD10367
08-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Mayfield = once in a decade talent with blah coaching surrounded by talent.

Mahomes = once in a generation talent with great coaching surrounded by talent.

Scorp
08-09-2019, 05:29 PM
This isn't even close. Mahomes wins it this year! Hell he should of won it last year for that matter! Thanks Dee Ford!

big nasty kcnut
08-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Mahomes because you seen him he like a human video game.

Rain Man
08-09-2019, 06:31 PM
The best Mayfield can hope for is a tie if he's traded to the Chiefs to be our backup.

staylor26
08-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Mayfield = once in a decade talent with blah coaching surrounded by talent.

Mahomes = once in a generation talent with great coaching surrounded by talent.

:facepalm:

JFC Mayfield is not a “once in a decade talent”. Besides, how can there be two if it only happens once?

Hammock Parties
08-09-2019, 06:34 PM
I don't think Mayfield will ever win shit.

You're looking at the next Philip Rivers.

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Mahomes >>>>> Baker
Reid >>>>>>> Kitchens

That's not a knock on Baker. It is a knock on Kitchens. Mahomes will win a Super Bowl, it's just a matter of when. Baker maybe has an outside chance but his biggest Super Bowl window will happen at a time when he has a coach ill-equipped to take them there.

So yeah, Mahomes by a mile.

R Clark
08-09-2019, 06:36 PM
No surprise what dumbass started this pole,wouldn’t be surprised if he smoked one also.

Rain Man
08-09-2019, 06:37 PM

JFC Mayfield is not a “once in a decade talent”. Besides, how can there be two if it only happens once?

Mathematically, it might be possible if Mahomes' decade is 2017 to 2026 and Mayfield's is 2018 to 2027.

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2019, 06:38 PM

Not sure why you dislike Baker this much. If the Chiefs didn't have Mahomes, I would not be upset if the Chiefs had Mayfield. Dude is good. He's just not Mahomes, but who he is really.

PHOG
08-09-2019, 06:43 PM
It is what it is

Setsuna
08-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Mayfield needs to prove he can beat Pittsburgh before even thinking about beating the Patriots.

Best22
08-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Stats vs playoff teams

Mahomes: 24 TD, 6 INT

Mayfield: 8 TD, 10 INT

Good player, but currently just doesn’t stack up. Derek Anderson had a more successful year on the Browns back in 2007 (Mayfield is gonna be better than Derek Anderson was, but let’s have some perspective)

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Stats vs playoff teams

Mahomes: 24 TD, 6 INT

Mayfield: 8 TD, 10 INT

Good player, but currently just doesn’t stack up. Derek Anderson had a more successful year on the Browns back in 2007 (Mayfield is gonna be better than Derek Anderson was, but let’s have some perspective)

He was also a rookie. Again, let's stop comparing him to mahomes. Anyone who watched him play can clearly see something special. Maybe it's a flash in the pan. But if he was our qb competing against Alex Smith, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

carcosa
08-10-2019, 12:12 AM
Diarrhea Doo Doo Piss

Best22
08-10-2019, 12:34 AM
He was also a rookie. Again, let's stop comparing him to mahomes. Anyone who watched him play can clearly see something special. Maybe it's a flash in the pan. But if he was our qb competing against Alex Smith, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Uh, the OP made the comparison. Not me

And I’m pointing out how foolish a comparison it is

Until further notice, he’s another Browns QB in a very long line, who did not make the playoffs. I’ll draw more in depth comparisons whenever it’s actually warranted

Frazod
08-10-2019, 01:55 AM
Mahomes has better skills, is in a better organization, and from everything I've heard has far superior leadership abilities and is a much better teammate.

Nickhead
08-10-2019, 03:02 AM
mayfield is enough of a loose cannon, where he will make more headlines off the field rather than on eventually.

and we fail to recall... mahomes beat out baker, webb, and was there another? or maybe im confused? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2019, 05:47 AM
I don't think Mayfield will ever win shit.

You're looking at the next Philip Rivers.

Nailed it.

DRM08
08-10-2019, 07:57 AM
mayfield is enough of a loose cannon, where he will make more headlines off the field rather than on eventually.

and we fail to recall... mahomes beat out baker, webb, and was there another? or maybe im confused? :D

Baker left Tech in December 2013. Mahomes was in the 2014 recruiting class. But I am convinced if Baker stayed, he would have been riding the pine right next to Webb.

oldman
08-10-2019, 08:47 AM
PMII, fool!! Because Cleveland can't have anything nice.

Naptown Chief
08-10-2019, 08:49 AM
PMII will win a SB throwing only with his left hand before Baker wins one.

Sorry if Q

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2019, 09:06 AM

He's not Johnny Manziel. He's going to make headlines because he's a cocky shit and he's going to rub critics the wrong way but it'll mostly be on the field, not off. He's not even OBJ where he's going to be a distraction. Philip Rivers probably sounds right in that it's going to annoy the shit out of people. But I haven't seen Baker fold the way Rivers has. I don't think it's the same comparison.

Again, we're all trying to compare him to Mahomes. He's not. But he was really good last year especially in the last stretch where he went 5-2. I despise the guy but also realize that's really good for football.

RunKC
08-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Baker is like a more mobile Drew Brees. Pat is a smarter, better version of Brett Favre

I could see Baker winning a Super Bowl. I could see Pat winning 4

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Baker is like a more mobile Drew Brees. Pat is a smarter, better version of Brett Favre

I could see Baker winning a Super Bowl. I could see Pat winning 4

That sounds about right. Baker is Flutie with a much better arm and at least passable height. Mahomes is Favre with a much better brain and also better athleticism. Both seem to be 4th quarter gamers. It's gonna be a hell of a rivalry. I'll take mahomes every day of the week, but can't diminish bakers potential.

Bowser
08-10-2019, 10:02 AM
How pissed are we going to be if it ends up Watson or Darnold? :Poke:

smithandrew051
08-10-2019, 10:18 AM
A Patrick Mahomes comes around probably once every 20 years or so. A Patrick Mahomes falls into the perfect situation even less often.

A Baker Mayfield probably comes around every 3-5 years. Good talent and will probably be a good QB for a decade in the league.

I really think it’s a silly comparison at this point.

I also have a lot more trust in Reid than Kitchens. Dorsey vs Veach is still TBD.

DRM08
08-10-2019, 10:27 AM
That sounds about right. Baker is Flutie with a much better arm and at least passable height. Mahomes is Favre with a much better brain and also better athleticism. Both seem to be 4th quarter gamers. It's gonna be a hell of a rivalry. I'll take mahomes every day of the week, but can't diminish bakers potential.

The thing I don't like about the Favre comparison is character. Mahomes is a much higher character person than Brett. Same goes for all the Cutler comparisons when Mahomes was drafted.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2019, 10:57 AM
The thing I don't like about the Favre comparison is character. Mahomes is a much higher character person than Brett. Same goes for all the Cutler comparisons when Mahomes was drafted.

Yeah, that's definitely an important element. I might like the Rodgers comparison more than Favre.

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 11:18 AM
A Patrick Mahomes comes around probably once every 20 years or so.

For the Chiefs it has been 42 yrs.:D But I get your point.

Chiefshrink
08-10-2019, 11:20 AM

ROFL Still not sold on either one of them being big time NFL QBs.:shrug:

jd1020
08-10-2019, 11:27 AM
If I'm judging just based on which player has more skill and more likely to win a SB period it would be Mahomes.

But when I break it down to Browns vs Reid thats a pretty tough choice. I guess I would still go with Mahomes because its more likely that Reid will be the first one to leave their respective teams.

ptlyon
08-10-2019, 02:39 PM

Geez. Like you've never sent anyone a dick pic...

eDave
08-10-2019, 03:14 PM

No one is talking about character traits.

carcosa
08-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Stfu n00b!!!!

Megatron96
08-10-2019, 04:18 PM
I voted for Mahomes to get a ring first. He's overall a better QB, with a better arm, at least as good accuracy if not better, and more elusive. Combine that with Andy Ried and the rest of the coaching staff just being head and shoulders better than Kitchens and company, I think it's pretty much a given that Mahomes gets his ring first.

I think it's funny that so many people (not just on this forum) want to disregard Baker. I keep hearing how he's just Manziel 2.0 or whatever else the naysayers want to throw out there, and I just have to wonder have they seen him play a single game? He's a winner. He owns his lockerroom. He's got a top 10 arm and is likely the most accurate passer in the last three draft classes. In other words, he more than has the talent and the football acumen to get a ring. And have a long career in the league.

The only thing stopping Baker from getting a ring is his organization. The historically schizoid ownership and the constant merry-go-round of coaches might hinder him to the point of futility. But it sure won't be his lack of ability/talent/desire.

tredadda
08-10-2019, 04:29 PM
The Chiefs were an offsides from being in the SB and appeared to have shored up the defense in the offseason. The Browns have a talented team but they are going to have to pay big money for them soon. They will be better which means no more feasting on top 5 picks. Lastly Mahomes is purely a better QB than Mayfield.

Best22
08-10-2019, 05:40 PM
He's not Johnny Manziel. He's going to make headlines because he's a cocky shit and he's going to rub critics the wrong way but it'll mostly be on the field, not off. He's not even OBJ where he's going to be a distraction. Philip Rivers probably sounds right in that it's going to annoy the shit out of people. But I haven't seen Baker fold the way Rivers has. I don't think it's the same comparison.

Again, we're all trying to compare him to Mahomes. He's not. But he was really good last year especially in the last stretch where he went 5-2. I despise the guy but also realize that's really good for football.

To be fair, Baker Mayfield hasn’t had the opportunity to fold.

He’s never dealt with any real pressure. The high expectations, the do-or-die scenarios, he hasn’t had a chance to prove himself worthy or unworthy in those situations yet

Best22
08-10-2019, 05:44 PM
I voted for Mahomes to get a ring first. He's overall a better QB, with a better arm, at least as good accuracy if not better, and more elusive. Combine that with Andy Ried and the rest of the coaching staff just being head and shoulders better than Kitchens and company, I think it's pretty much a given that Mahomes gets his ring first.

I think it's funny that so many people (not just on this forum) want to disregard Baker. I keep hearing how he's just Manziel 2.0 or whatever else the naysayers want to throw out there, and I just have to wonder have they seen him play a single game? He's a winner. He owns his lockerroom. He's got a top 10 arm and is likely the most accurate passer in the last three draft classes. In other words, he more than has the talent and the football acumen to get a ring. And have a long career in the league.

The only thing stopping Baker from getting a ring is his organization. The historically schizoid ownership and the constant merry-go-round of coaches might hinder him to the point of futility. But it sure won't be his lack of ability/talent/desire.

Who said he was a scrub? People are rightfully laughing off the comparison and why not? Your comparing a losing Browns QB to the NFL MVP. That’s always been a joke comparison

Obviously Mayfield has talent and is a better QB than his predecessors. 7-8-1 may get you a statue in Cleveland but KC is a little different. Mahomes simply did way more so the comparison will be laughed off by most

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2019, 05:52 PM
To be fair, Baker Mayfield hasn’t had the opportunity to fold.

He’s never dealt with any real pressure. The high expectations, the do-or-die scenarios, he hasn’t had a chance to prove himself worthy or unworthy in those situations yet
Truth. So much truth.

Megatron96
08-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Who said he was a scrub? People are rightfully laughing off the comparison and why not? Your comparing a losing Browns QB to the NFL MVP. That’s always been a joke comparison

Obviously Mayfield has talent and is a better QB than his predecessors. 7-8-1 may get you a statue in Cleveland but KC is a little different. Mahomes simply did way more so the comparison will be laughed off by most

More than few on this site have openly disparaged Mayfield as a QB/person. That's not up for debate.

And I'm not saying Baker is the same caliber QB as Mahomes. At least based on last year's performances between the two. My point is that Baker has the ability and the mindset to be very successful in this league.

And Baker isn't entirely responsible for the Browns record of 7-8-1 from last year. I have it from a reliable source that he wasn't the starter for a few games there at the beginning of last season. However, in spite of not starting the first two-and-a-half games of the season, he did break Peyton's rookie record for passing TDs, which by any standard is pretty good for a rookie. Actually, it's a pretty good total for at least half the QBs in the league, in any year.

Anyway, my only point (besides the idea that Mahomes will get a ring before Baker) is that Mayfield has proven that he can play in the NFL at a high level. Now he just needs the organization to help him out and he'll be a top ten QB in the league for years to come.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2019, 01:28 AM
There should have been a “neither “ option.

tredadda
08-11-2019, 09:04 AM

Outside of a strong arm he is nothing like Favre. Favre was very careless with the ball which is something Pat is not. That’s why Favre is the all time leader in INTs. Pat is far better with the ball in his hands. The only trait I want Pat to share with Favre is durability.