PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Darron Lee Mic'd up - Threatens to Smack Mahomes

DTVietnam
08-13-2019, 08:35 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I probably would’ve smacked you if you took that hit.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/DLeeMG8?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DLeeMG8</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> 😂 <a href="https://t.co/5YRMPdys4U">pic.twitter.com/5YRMPdys4U</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1161277344843259904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2019, 08:38 AM
ROFL I see what you did. I laughed.

DTVietnam
08-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Lee seems to have some good energy and was flying around the ball alot..maybe there is hope for the LB position

Bowser
08-13-2019, 08:48 AM
Liking this kid

chinaski
08-13-2019, 08:51 AM
Our team really cares about our MVP Quarterback!

scho63
08-13-2019, 08:52 AM
Dare I saw the guy reminds me of Derrick Johnson in his prime.

SuperChief
08-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Love the energy. Love the speed. I'm glad he's on our team.

FAX
08-13-2019, 09:25 AM
He looked pretty darn good in coverage Saturday night. They ran him on a blitz that didn't get there (sadly). And showed quickness and made some solid tackles against the run ... saw him get cut by a guard once on a little sweep thing, but other than that, he stayed clean, looked very fast, and played smart.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Hitchens - Lee - Wilson

Do it.

chiefzilla1501
08-13-2019, 09:44 AM
I talked to someone who knows Darron really well. Sounds like the Jets are a mess. And that kc has a whole different energy. He's beyond pumped to be in kc. I think he underperformed a ton in New York because everybody was really really unhappy there.

I have no idea why Ragland is starting and he isn't.

TLO
08-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Hitchens - Lee - Wilson

Do it.

Ramik Wilson?

dj56dt58
08-13-2019, 09:52 AM

He has the talent and he certainly seems to show leadership and the ability for recognizing plays like DJ..Remember DJ didn't take off until he was under the right staff (which was surprisingly Haley)

Naptown Chief
08-13-2019, 10:06 AM
I love it and hope he was serious. We don't need our franchise diving for a TD someone else can punch in on the next play. As an aside, I'm loving these new defensive acquisitions

Do you, Lee.

FAX
08-13-2019, 10:11 AM
It's strange ...

If you base your evaluation on Saturday night's game alone, you would never have guessed that Lee had a problem sticking his nose into the run. He was fast to the gap (when he didn't have other assignments) ... arriving with purpose and intent.

What do I know? He looked like a run defender to me.

You can't thump if you can't get there.

FAX

The Franchise
08-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Hitchens - Lee - Wilson

Do it.

WLB - Hitchens, DOD
MLB - Lee, Niemann
SLB - Smith, Attachou

BleedingRed
08-13-2019, 10:38 AM

Nah he would of had 4 TFL's

Warrior5
08-13-2019, 10:43 AM
"This gone be stupid!"

My new motto for this season.

Simply Red
08-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Darron Lee is my Adopt a Chief, I call it!

Simply Red
08-13-2019, 10:57 AM
It's strange ...

If you base your evaluation on Saturday night's game alone, you would never have guessed that Lee had a problem sticking his nose into the run. He was fast to the gap (when he didn't have other assignments) ... arriving with purpose and intent.

FAX

Yes, and I wanted to say hello, friend. Hope you're well.

Simply Red
08-13-2019, 10:58 AM
BTW - thanks for sharing this, OP.

chiefzilla1501
08-13-2019, 11:01 AM
This is another testament to Reid's coaching and mahomes' coachableness. Two years ago, mahomes would be trying to be a hero and take the hit. Every time. I was nervous as hell about the way he took hits in his first preseason.

chiefzilla1501
08-13-2019, 11:03 AM
He has the talent and he certainly seems to show leadership and the ability for recognizing plays like DJ..Remember DJ didn't take off until he was under the right staff (which was surprisingly Haley)

My sense is that Lee was really really unhappy in new York. I am certain he will look like a whole different player. Not just because of coaching. But culture matters too.

Kiimo
08-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Darron Lee was a first rounder who played like he was unhappy and misused in NY.

If he plays like he did in the first game all year we found a solution to one of the biggest questions of training camp.

T-post Tom
08-13-2019, 11:25 AM
It's strange ...

FAX

This.

kcclone
08-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Lee seems to have some good energy and was flying around the ball alot..maybe there is hope for the LB position

Yeah, defenses need some guys with energy who aren't quiet. Guys that talk, but do it in a good way to motivate their teammates and back it up by walking the walk.

I think the last year (post DJ and Berry) we lacked that.

Bump
08-13-2019, 11:47 AM
I like his attitude and competitiveness. He gonna be ok.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
08-13-2019, 11:51 AM
What Smith do we have that is SLB?

The Franchise
08-13-2019, 12:01 PM
Wilson. My bad.

Coogs
08-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Hitchens - Lee - Wilson

Do it.

I'm on board with this!

Chiefspants
08-13-2019, 01:27 PM
I know Mahomes slid, but he did take some unnecessary shots last year. Having someone give him reminders like this is a good thing, IMO. It says the D cares more about his long term health than trading 3 for 7 in a low leverage game - Patrick may still need to hear that now and again.

Chief Roundup
08-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Thread title is misleading. This place doesn't need thread titles that are click bait bullshit like the media does.

limested
08-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Thread title is misleading. This place doesn't need thread titles that are click bait bullshit like the media does.

How is it misleading? Lee’s says he would have slapped him.

Chief Roundup
08-13-2019, 05:42 PM
How is it misleading? Lee’s says he would have slapped him.

"Threatens to" is a lot different that probably would have. Lee did not threaten him. He said it in a laughing jovial manner to Mahomes.

JakeF
08-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Caldwell makes a good, long run and gets cut. lol

BossChief
08-13-2019, 08:16 PM
The Lee trade is exactly why paying coaches like House and Daly more than normal is a huge bargain.

A guy like Lee was a one dimensional guy in NY. After a couple months being coached by House and having the coordination of the run defense being looked over by Daly, Lee is a guy that played like a true first round quality off-the-ball linebacker.

I know nobody wants to mention it, but Ragland looked noticeably better, too. Quick to the ball, looked like he was playing quite a bit faster than last year.

I haven’t rewatched the game to focus on Hitchens, but I’m sure there’s some positives there, too.

House and Daly were arguably as important as the Clark and Badger signings.

DTVietnam
08-13-2019, 08:20 PM

awwww.....need a hug?

FAX
08-13-2019, 08:30 PM
The Lee trade is exactly why paying coaches like House and Daly more than normal is a huge bargain.

A guy like Lee was a one dimensional guy in NY. After a couple months being coached by House and having the coordination of the run defense being looked over by Daly, Lee is a guy that played like a true first round quality off-the-ball linebacker.

I know nobody wants to mention it, but Ragland looked noticeably better, too. Quick to the ball, looked like he was playing quite a bit faster than last year.

I haven’t rewatched the game to focus on Hitchens, but I’m sure there’s some positives there, too.

House and Daly were arguably as important as the Clark and Badger signings.

1. Totally agree that the defensive assistants are huge gets for the franchise.

2. Lee impressed fo sho.

3. Ragland is still not fast enough to play in the New NFL.

4. I think Hitchens was only in for something like 2 or 3 plays at the most.

5. I still think Clark and Doesn't Give A Sh*t are more important acquisitions than the new coaches. But it's close. Especially Daly.

FAX

BossChief
08-13-2019, 08:50 PM
A lot is made of the talent on offense, rightfully so...but it’s rarely mentioned how much speed this defense has.

Deron Lee ran a legit 4.43
Neiman ran a 4.6 flat
DOD ran a 4.61
Ragland and Hitchens ran 4.7

Those are fast times for linebackers. Give that speed to a coach like House and that helps the secondary.

crazycoffey
08-13-2019, 10:17 PM
I talked to someone who knows Darron really well. Sounds like the Jets are a mess. And that kc has a whole different energy. He's beyond pumped to be in kc. I think he underperformed a ton in New York because everybody was really really unhappy there.

Right now? It’s Ragland knows the system. Like a rookie coming in and expecting to start. It happens, but usually the one who knows the system or has seniority on the team gets first look. Sometimes it’s an easy pass, other times it isn’t. If Darron is fitting in, he might be the starter come next week or week one of the regular season.

TwistedChief
08-14-2019, 03:24 AM

I read somewhere that I think he played 65% of snaps in the preseason game which is A LOT. They're clearly trying to get a better look at what exactly they have there with him, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's starting over Ragland by the opener.

Rausch
08-14-2019, 03:27 AM
I like him. Seems like a high effort and high energy guy...

Mecca
08-14-2019, 06:28 AM
If you put Lee in the middle you are taking away a lot of what he's good at. He was miscast as a 3-4 MLB also, he's a pure weakside guy.

chiefzilla1501
08-14-2019, 06:39 AM
If you put Lee in the middle you are taking away a lot of what he's good at. He was miscast as a 3-4 MLB also, he's a pure weakside guy.

I'm wondering moreso if Hitchens should play in the middle and Lee can bump to the outside.

Mecca
08-14-2019, 06:43 AM
I'm wondering moreso if Hitchens should play in the middle and Lee can bump to the outside.

If Lee shows he can play the run you might see that eventually, Spags tends to want run D LB's on the field in the base which is probably why Ragland is getting a shot.

Chris Meck
08-14-2019, 07:09 AM
Right now? It’s Ragland knows the system. Like a rookie coming in and expecting to start. It happens, but usually the one who knows the system or has seniority on the team gets first look. Sometimes it’s an easy pass, other times it isn’t. If Darron is fitting in, he might be the starter come next week or week one of the regular season.

Why would Ragland know the system any better?

staylor26
08-14-2019, 01:20 PM

Absolutely. I don’t know why people think that Lee at MLB and Hitchens at WLB makes more sense.

rtmike
08-14-2019, 02:05 PM

1st thing I thought, lol.

Kiimo
08-14-2019, 02:17 PM

https://i.gifer.com/7CT0.gif

Chris Meck
08-14-2019, 02:19 PM
https://i.gifer.com/7CT0.gif

ROFL

Easy 6
08-15-2019, 06:14 PM
Just now getting around to this, and yeah... he REALLY wants to catch on here, love his energy and the way he is constantly engaging everyone around him

Players are genuinely excited to be here now, and that positive energy spreads like a virus... it’s been worth the wait :arrow: