PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ToP

ChiefIronHorse
08-15-2019, 04:30 PM
Riddle me this. How does any defense stop the CHIEFS offense? Keep them on the sidelines you say? Negative ghost rider. That pattern is full. Last year the CHIEFS were ranked 26th in time of possession (ToP). Having the one of the best scoring offense in NFL history when they only ranked 26th in time possession is mind blowing. Yeah, keep them off the field. But when they take they field they only need a few minutes/plays to score. :D

eDave
08-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Injuries is the only thing that will stop us. And by injury, I mean to Mahome's.

Otherwise, Andy will lose the games we lose. Or the kicker. Or the defense.

el borracho
08-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Not sure it would work, but if I were defensive coordinator for a day I would cede the short stuff and test Pat’s patience. We know Pat is willing to go downfield; is he willing to take the short stuff over and over again?

prhom
08-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Not sure it would work, but if I were defensive coordinator for a day I would cede the short stuff and test Pat’s patience. We know Pat is willing to go downfield; is he willing to take the short stuff over and over again?

If you do this and let guys catch short stuff it seems like it’s only a matter of time before Hill or Hardman houses it anyway. I don’t think you want to give either of those guys a chance to catch it and start dancing around. Remember the Hill Mary play a few years ago? Bad things happen when you let him have space to run around.

chiefzilla1501
08-15-2019, 05:22 PM
The only person who can stop this offense is Andy Reid. I can see the ToP changing in a huge way. We will stop the run and opposing offenses will either get points or turnovers or we'll force lots of big sacks. The key is when we're up by more than 10 points Andy Reid canNOT take his foot off the gas.

JakeF
08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Our offensive line could screw it up. We don't have much of anything behind Fisher and Schwartz. I don't want to see Irving stumbling around in space. Losing Schwartz or LDT really hurts our ability to run to the right.

Our offense also lost a step when we lost our 3rd receiving option after Watkins got hurt. Hopefully, Hardman and Pringle have fixed that weakness for us. I've never been as high on DeMarcus Robinson as many others. Robinson has had several chances to prove himself a legit starter and i just haven't seen enough from him.