PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sorry if discussed, but wtf Andy

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 03:39 PM
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Jesus. I hope they at least take him, kelce, and hill to the green bay game

Flying High D
08-16-2019, 03:43 PM
They have to get their practice in some time.

Simply Red
08-16-2019, 03:44 PM
hello today

KCUnited
Was hoping this was a food thread.

MightyMouse
Jesus. I hope they at least take him, kelce, and hill to the green bay game

If if one of them tears a ACL will you be saying, at least they got to experience playing at Lambeau

-King-
08-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Reid always says that and it never happens. He's been here 7 years and people haven't noticed the pattern?

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 03:45 PM
If if one then tears a ACL will be saying, at least they got to experience playing at Lambeau

Notice I didn't say play?

New World Order
08-16-2019, 03:46 PM
I want our d starters to play. They need to gel.

O should be out there for a series.

InChiefsHeaven
08-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant

Lord...STFU...they will play as long as Andy wants them to. Just STFU. God...seriously...S...T...F...U...!!!

chiefzilla1501
08-16-2019, 03:48 PM
He is only his second year starting. Still lots of things to work on. He's a qb. If he was a rb, I'd feel differently.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Notice I didn't say play?

I don’t really care about the travel part. That’s fine. I’d be fine if they didn’t but no big deal. I just don’t think the offense should get more than 1 series a game. Mainly because of injury but the more time the other guys get the better as well

New World Order
08-16-2019, 03:50 PM
Rapelsberger isn’t playing

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 03:51 PM
I don’t really care about the travel part. That’s fine. I’d be fine if they didn’t but no big deal. I just don’t think the offense should get more than 1 series a game. Mainly because of injury but the more time the other guys get the better as well

I just want them to travel there lol

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Lord...STFU...they will play as long as Andy wants them to. Just STFU. God...seriously...S...T...F...U...!!!

Classy response

eDave
08-16-2019, 03:53 PM
I don't care. Moar REPS.

Mahomes could also get hurt in the first regular season game.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Rapelsberger isn’t playing

Most starting QB’s except Murray haven’t played much at all. The risk don’t outweigh the very little if any benefits for most this guys.

New World Order
08-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Forgot how sweet it was last year to put 40+ on them in their shit stadium

Feelsgoodman

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Reid is no dummy. He says a half but I'll bet that means half a Qtr. We lose any of the big three its a problem.

mr. tegu
08-16-2019, 03:57 PM
I wonder if Rams fans say to themselves, “see, Mahomes is playing. Maybe Goff could get in to the MVP discussion if he played preseason games.”

Hammock Parties
I bet he plays two drives.

Relax.

MightyMouse
I don't care. Moar REPS.

He doesn’t need more than a series. Big difference between getting hurt in a regular season game and a preseason game. If your up by 20+ with 6 minutes left and he gets hurt then that is pretty stupid as well

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Reid is no dummy. He says a half but I'll bet that means half a Qtr. We lose any of the big three its a problem.

Hopefully. I think his history usually shows that he plays starters into the 3rd quarter the 3rd game and doesn’t play them in the last game but that may not be accurate. Guess we will see about that next week

Wallcrawler
08-16-2019, 04:00 PM
They need game reps to get into season form. Just need to be smart with the gameplan. Minimize the scrambling, and if our line keeps getting him hit, get him outta there. Shouldnt be terrified to go play a half of football. These guys arent made of glass.

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 04:02 PM
No team plays many starters in the 4th game

Hammock Parties
08-16-2019, 04:03 PM
I do hope Reid tells Mahomes to stop running towards contact in preseason.

Just roll out and if you can't find a receiver, duck out of bounds.

The Chiefs are very cognizant of their player health though - Kelce and Cheetah played one snap each last week.

mr. tegu
08-16-2019, 04:11 PM
That is weird that the Rams players aren’t even traveling. I wouldn’t like the idea of treating players so differently, but also, why not have them there to help the other guys who are getting more playing time than they are used to in a game situation? Seems that could help make your team better and more cohesive if backups are getting in game observations and reactions from starters.

chiefzilla1501
08-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Most starting QB’s except Murray haven’t played much at all. The risk don’t outweigh the very little if any benefits for most this guys.

Most QBs have been in the league long enough to where the extra reps mean close to nothing. Mahomes is still very young.

By the way, not a ton of plays to look at, but am I the only one that felt like Mahomes' footwork looked much better in the first preseason game?

Hammock Parties
08-16-2019, 04:16 PM
By the way, not a ton of plays to look at, but am I the only one that felt like Mahomes' footwork looked much better in the first preseason game?

Yes. His feet are in sync with his brain. This is why his accuracy appears to be so much better this year.

I really think he completes 70 percent of his passes this year. He is going to get Brees comparisons.

burt
08-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Classy response

Really? Are you new?...oh wait...nevermind.

BigRedChief
08-16-2019, 04:19 PM
It’s the trend in football. Some teams didn’t play their starters at all last week. If all teams are doing it, we are not at a disadvantage.

FAX
08-16-2019, 04:20 PM

That is truly a mighty language you have going there, dude ...

Is this mouse-speak? Cheese in your keyboard?

FAX

FAX
08-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Here's the deal ...

A coach who is so frightened of injury that he doesn't play his starters at all in the pre-season is going to scare the hell out of his players. They will have injury concerns and this will make them a bunch of timid pussies.

Therefore, this issue boils down to whether or not you want true warriors on the field or a squad of timid pussies.

Our players are lucky since Wally would probably prefer to hit each guy on the head with a 2x4 as they come down the tunnel.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
08-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Yes. His feet are in sync with his brain. This is why his accuracy appears to be so much better this year.

I really think he completes 70 percent of his passes this year. He is going to get Brees comparisons.

If he's doing that, just imagine what he's going to look like on the deep ball. A QB with that big of an arm shouldn't be underthrowing things but for some reason he just wasn't as accurate. If he steps into his deep throws instead of off his back foot and starts throwing those bombs with accuracy, hoo boy....

BlackHelicopters
08-16-2019, 04:31 PM
I don’t know if this is a real thread. Let me call my buddy who can come here and tell me if it’s a real thread or not.

RealSNR
08-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Quit putting skirts on them.

I don't give a shit what wiz-kid McVay with the Rams does with his players.

If you have shit to iron out and practice, then fucking practice it. Use the preseason games to practice it. It's as simple as that.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Let’s be real, people that want to see starters play just want to watch them play and don’t understand that it isn’t going to change the outcome of the regular season unless someone gets hurt. Mahomes and several others don’t need these games. No positives for several of these of these guys, only bad can happen. There has growing trend to playing starters less and less for a reason.
If Mahomes gets hurt, there will be a thread that is 95% full of why the heck is he even playing in the preseason. It hasn’t happened yet so now the response is, you want to put skirts on these guys, who cares what other teams are doing, and this stupid just shut up.

RealSNR
08-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Mahomes and several others don’t need these games.

Andy thinks they do.

eDave
Let’s be real, people that want to see starters play just want to watch them play and don’t understand that it isn’t going to change the outcome of the regular season unless someone gets hurt. Mahomes and several others don’t need these games. No positives for several of these of these guys, only bad can happen. There has growing trend to playing starters less and less for a reason.
If Mahomes gets hurt, there will be a thread that is 95% full of why the heck is he even playing in the preseason. It hasn’t happened yet so now the response is, you want to put skirts on these guys, who cares what other teams are doing, and this stupid just shut up.

I bolded the bullshit for everyone.

Best22
Most QBs have been in the league long enough to where the extra reps mean close to nothing. Mahomes is still very young.

His feet were better in camp

-King-
08-16-2019, 06:02 PM

And if those teams have shitty slow starts? It's one thing that roethlisberger isn't playing, but it's crazy to me that trubisky hasn't played.

I'm happy with how Reid does preseason.

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Related question - is OP retarded?

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 06:14 PM
If he's doing that, just imagine what he's going to look like on the deep ball. A QB with that big of an arm shouldn't be underthrowing things but for some reason he just wasn't as accurate. If he steps into his deep throws instead of off his back foot and starts throwing those bombs with accuracy, hoo boy....

He overthrew most long balls...

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Rookie year- Mahomes sat for 16 weeks. Starts week 17 and blew everyone away with just how good he looked as a rookie, with back ups, on the road, against a team that prides itself on defense.

Last year- the worst play he had was the INT at NE end of the half. That is the type of mistakes that when cleaned up he will be even a better QB. That is not a situation that will come up preseason. Shit guys, based off pressing Andy Dalton looked good. You are crazy if you think preason is making him a better QB this season or will have any impact of the Chiefs making the super bowl. Guys, the playing calling is as vanilla as it gets.
Hill, Kelce, most the Oline are not getting better by playing in these. . I’m fine with people disagreeing, everyone can have there own opinion. There are a lot of people including NFL coaches that don’t like starters playing much in the preseason. It’s just simply not worth it.
I know it’s fun to jump on someone on a message and try to get some e laughs but I haven’t seen one person make an intelligent argument that is a convincing counter.

eDave
08-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Rookie year- Mahomes sat for 16 weeks. Starts week 17 and blew everyone away with just how good he looked as a rookie, with back ups, on the road, against a team that prides itself on defense.

Last year- the worst play he had was the INT at NE end of the half. That is the type of mistakes that when cleaned up he will be even a better QB. That is not a situation that will come up preseason. Shit guys, based off pressing Andy Dalton looked good. You are crazy if you think preason is making him a better QB this season or will have any impact of the Chiefs making the super bowl. Guys, the playing calling is as vanilla as it gets.
Hill, Kelce, most the Oline are not getting better by playing in these. . I’m fine with people disagreeing, everyone can have there own opinion. There are a lot of people including NFL coaches that don’t like starters playing much in the preseason. It’s just simply not worth it.
I know it’s fun to jump on someone on a message and try to get some e laughs but I haven’t seen one person make an intelligent argument that is a convincing counter.

I did.

You are coming at us with opinion. We are coming at you with facts.

Enjoy you're thread.

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 06:27 PM

Its tough to talk about intelligent arguments when you misuse there/ their, or using "impact of"...

And also say he made mistakes that need cleaned up and he will be a better qb... but he shouldn't play in the preseason?

Maybe you should try the intelligent argument route next time.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:28 PM
I did.

You are coming at us with opinion. We are coming at you with facts.

Enjoy you're thread.

You posted and I quote “I don’t care”

I guess that qualifies as a fact so I’ll give you this round.

eDave
08-16-2019, 06:30 PM
You posted and I quote “I don’t care”

I guess that qualifies as a fact so I’ll give you this round.

Is that the farthest you read of my post? Cause the second part is the meat and potato's of it all.

As for what you did read, yeah I don't care that he is playing. And I bet if you asked any one of these fine gentlemen here why I would think this way, I bet they would all say, in unison mind you, that I am not a giant vag.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Its tough to talk about intelligent arguments when you misuse there/ their, or using "impact of"...

It’s a NFL team message board. thats the type of response I would expect from Brooke Man N’ Cheese Pryor

SAUTO
08-16-2019, 06:37 PM
It’s a NFL team message board. thats the type of response I would expect from Brooke Man N’ Cheese Pryor

Are you drunk posting?

BlackHelicopters
08-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Nuthooks

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2019, 06:41 PM

Have you ever licked a chick’s ASS???

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Is that the farthest you read of my post? Cause the second part is the meat and potato's of it all.

As for what you did read, yeah I don't care that he is playing. And I bet if you asked any one of these fine gentlemen here why I would think this way, I bet they would all say, in unison mind you, that I am not a giant vag.

Read and already responded to it. I’ll say it again though, you don’t play Chase Litton in a regular season so Mahomes doesn’t get hurt. If he gets hurt in a game that matters then so be it. What is he gonna gain from a half of a preseason game against a BASIC defense that isn’t playing all of its it’s starters? Is it worth the injury risk? Now if these teams come out and bracket Hill, hit Kelce at the line and are giving different looks than I would say yea it could be beneficial for him and he should be getting reps. That’s just not what happens in preseason and why your seeing starters, especially QB’s play less and less. I know guys don’t disagree, which is fine but honestly those really are the facts of preseason.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Have you ever licked a chick’s ASS???

I am as I type this

eDave
08-16-2019, 06:46 PM
Read and already responded to it. I’ll say it again though, you don’t play Chase Litton in a regular season so Mahomes doesn’t get hurt. If he gets hurt in a game that matters then so be it. What is he gonna gain from a half of a preseason game against a BASIC defense that isn’t playing all of its it’s starters? Is it worth the injury risk? Now if these teams come out and bracket Hill, hit Kelce at the line and are giving different looks than I would say yea it could be beneficial for him and he should be getting reps. That’s just not what happens in preseason and why your seeing starters, especially QB’s play less and less. I know guys don’t disagree, which is fine but honestly those really are the facts of preseason.

Already addressed.

Rest easy man. I believe Andy said Mahomes would play a whole half last week. He didn't.

Mahomes sells tickets. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
Mahomes sells viewership and ratings. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2019, 06:46 PM
I am as I type this

Your sister doesn’t count.

wazu
08-16-2019, 06:49 PM
I'm generally in favor of what you're saying, MightyMouse. I'd rather sit starters very early. My only hope (other than no injuries) is that the risk they are taking translates to playing at a higher level and fewer breakdowns in pass protection, etc, from our starters once the regular season gets here.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Already addressed.

Rest easy man. I believe Andy said Mahomes would play a whole half last week. He didn't.

Mahomes sells tickets. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.
Mahomes sells viewership and ratings. Even for the competition. Even in preseason.

He will be pulled after the first offense possession in the second quarter. He should get one possession tops. No Andy is not trying sell viewership, that makes zero sense. People are gonna tune in and out when they want in preseason. Personally I watch every play several times and grade out each player. I’m probably the best player elevator

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2019, 06:56 PM
He will be pulled after the first offense possession in the second quarter. He should get one possession tops. No Andy is not trying sell viewership, that makes zero sense. People are gonna tune in and out when they want in preseason. Personally I watch every play several times and grade out each player. I’m probably the best player elevator

Damn, an elevator that posts on Chiefsplanet!!

eDave
08-16-2019, 06:58 PM

I was full of shit on the last part.

I'm heading out for the night. Hope I don't break my arm at happy hour.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm generally in favor of what you're saying, MightyMouse. I'd rather sit starters very early. My only hope (other than no injuries) is that the risk they are taking translates to playing at a higher level and fewer breakdowns in pass protection, etc, from our starters once the regular season gets here.

Thanks for an actual response. I definitely get that view. The reason I still don’t like it is that the line has played together a lot. Several vets. The defense isn’t going to being showing much so they just don’t gain anything. I am okay with one series BUT I would like to see better discipline for Mahomes in that case. For example, you got to tell him not to scramble. Quick passes, no reason to risk the hit he took one the first play or when he scrambled. That’s how I view it at least.

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2019, 06:59 PM

Hopefully Andy pulls you out of there after 1 drink!!!

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 07:02 PM

Fair enough. Have a good night. If your a scotch drinker have one for me.

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Damn, an elevator that posts on Chiefsplanet!!

Some forums don’t have a elevator, glad I could bring it to CP

RealSNR
08-16-2019, 07:05 PM
I am as I type this

A window is not the same thing as a chick's ass

MightyMouse
08-16-2019, 07:07 PM
A window is not the same thing as a chick's ass

Obviously man.

Oh wait, now I get it. Got me good.

Why Not?
08-16-2019, 07:08 PM
I don't care. Moar REPS.

Honestly this should be /thread

RealSNR
08-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Mahomes could get hurt driving to walk-through practice.

Mahomes could get hurt on the sideline during a preseason game that he doesn't play in.

Mahomes could get hurt during sex with Brittney.

Naptown Chief
08-16-2019, 07:15 PM
Was hoping this was a food thread.

Outstanding post

TinyEvel
08-17-2019, 01:00 AM
You're the guy who buys new sneakers and never wears them outside.

eDave
08-17-2019, 02:01 AM
Fair enough. Have a good night. If your a scotch drinker have one for me.

Ha ha! My Uber driver dumped my ass on the side of the highway. LMAO.

Home safe.

Peace out.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2019, 06:40 AM
He overthrew most long balls...

Any qb with a strong arm will. It's a safe way to throw a risky deep ball. Timing overthrow don't bother me. What happened too often is when mahomes throws deep off platform when he doesn't need to. Often you see receivers waiting on a deep ball. The 50th td to Demarcus Robinson is a great example. His biggest area for improvement is throwing an accurate deep ball and footwork will go a long way. I think mahomes has commented that he needs to start stepping into his throws.

carcosa
08-17-2019, 06:58 AM
Epic Thread!

njchiefs
08-17-2019, 07:32 AM
I think we should sit the major starters the first six regular season games. We still make the playoffs at 10-6. It gives us our best chance to win the big game.

Easy 6
08-17-2019, 07:37 AM
Stop shitting your drawers, Mr Mouse... re-lax

oldman
08-17-2019, 07:39 AM
It's pretty much SOP for the starters to play 1-2 series in preseason game 1, 1 1/2 to 2 quarters the 2nd, into the 2nd half for game 3, and pretty much sit for #4. Of course there's a chance for injury, but there is in every game. I can remember a season not too long ago we DJ, and someone else in the 1st game. You can't bubble wrap these guys.

Setsuna
08-17-2019, 08:50 AM
OP joined March 2019. Move along.

MightyMouse
08-17-2019, 09:20 AM
OP joined March 2019. Move along.

Weird that even matters. Not a welcoming group?

Hoover
08-17-2019, 09:36 AM
I actually think its good for him to take a hit and feel the game.

Now I don't want a ton of that, but you kinda have to do the real thing to prepare.

MightyMouse
08-17-2019, 09:37 AM
It's pretty much SOP for the starters to play 1-2 series in preseason game 1, 1 1/2 to 2 quarters the 2nd, into the 2nd half for game 3, and pretty much sit for #4. Of course there's a chance for injury, but there is in every game. I can remember a season not too long ago we DJ, and someone else in the 1st game. You can't bubble wrap these guys.

Plenty of coaches use to follow a similar plan but that is changing. The Rams had 10 starters not take one snap last preseason. That didn’t seem to be a problem for them.
Several teams are now playing playing starters very limited. Bears, Eagles are two of the teams following the rams trend and those are two HC’s from the Andy Reid tree. I just don’t think Andy is the type of person to change his ways.
A lot of people responding seem to think it’s some sort of insane idea to sit starters in these games.

Simply Red
08-17-2019, 10:05 AM
You never said hello back.

oldman
08-17-2019, 10:41 AM
I actually think its good for him to take a hit and feel the game.

Were you talking about PMII or the OP? ;)

It's not insane to sit the starters, but you need to get them used to the speed of the game. It's been 7 months for them and no matter how much of a vet they are, they need those reps and to take a couple hits.

Simply Red
08-17-2019, 11:20 AM

/rant

Hello friend!

Rasputin
08-17-2019, 11:30 AM
Dumb OP

This is normal for teams to do it's how they get a feel for the game. Next week he will play the starters into the third quarter but the last preseason may not play them but a series just to keep from being rusty opening weekend.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-17-2019, 12:09 PM
I hear ya but injuries can happen ant time. Cant live scared your whole life.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2019, 12:48 PM
How wonderfully irrelevant this is.

MightyMouse
08-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Dumb OP

This is normal for teams to do it's how they get a feel for the game. Next week he will play the starters into the third quarter but the last preseason may not play them but a series just to keep from being rusty opening weekend.

This is not really true. The trend has been to play starters less.

Those saying it’s irrelevant or you can’t put them in bubble wrong are way off. It’s not putting them in bubble wrap. Limiting chance of injury in situations that don’t matter is smart. It’s very relevant if you lose Mahomes for even half a season. There is a reason they don’t hit the hit the qb in practice. They also have several practices they don’t even tackle. Injuries happen, I get it but your silly to think minimizing risk doesn’t make sense.

Simply Red
08-17-2019, 02:25 PM
I will sanction a Saul Bad Rep Campaign targeting you Minnie Mouse, if you don't start reciprocating some love, got it?!

Setsuna
08-17-2019, 02:25 PM

It did matter back when I joined. This place has lost its burst. Has lost it for a while now.

Simply Red
08-17-2019, 02:43 PM
FYI - I'm 71% sure this is a hootie production

FAX
08-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Now that you mention it, things are far more hospitable these days ... compared to the time when I was a mere n00b (sp?).

Back then, a n00b (sp?) had to memorize the frantic and demented rantings of William Carlos Williams and compose essays on the supposed benefits of leafy green vegetables.

It was a nightmarish hell that could easily drive a poster into a neurotic hysteria.

FAX

mlyonsd
08-17-2019, 03:10 PM

We're chief fans. There are a large number of posters that have never even witnessed the Chiefs in a SB.

It'll get better around here after Patrick fixes that.

Simply Red
08-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Now that you mention it, things are far more hospitable these days ... compared to the time when I was a mere n00b (sp?).

Back then, a n00b (sp?) had to memorize the frantic and demented rantings of William Carlos Williams and compose essays on the supposed benefits of leafy green vegetables.

It was a nightmarish hell that could easily drive a poster into a neurotic hysteria.

FAX

I'm glad you're here and long standing, FAX. I always thought we played well together.

MightyMouse
08-17-2019, 04:33 PM
We're chief fans. There are a large number of posters that have never even witnessed the Chiefs in a SB.

It'll get better around here after Patrick fixes that.

True and I’m one of them.

Thanks for a kind welcome everyone. Looking forward to the the season! Let’s do this thing.

TEX
08-17-2019, 05:36 PM
This is not really true. The trend has been to play starters less.

Those saying it’s irrelevant or you can’t put them in bubble wrong are way off. It’s not putting them in bubble wrap. Limiting chance of injury in situations that don’t matter is smart. It’s very relevant if you lose Mahomes for even half a season. There is a reason they don’t hit the hit the qb in practice. They also have several practices they don’t even tackle. Injuries happen, I get it but your silly to think minimizing risk doesn’t make sense.

Exactly. I dont need to see Mahomes in preseason. I will learn nothing that I dont already know about him. I can work on timing, chemestry and all that goes with it during practice. KC offense is great and will knock all the rust off 1st qtr in Jacksonville. If Im playing my starters for any significant amount of time, I'd play them on defense. We all know why. Just my opinion.

KChiefs1
08-17-2019, 06:21 PM
I’ve gotta bad feeling about tonight. I hope Andy reconsiders playing Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, etc...use this game to figure out who is going to make the team.

MightyMouse
08-17-2019, 06:56 PM
I think Andy is on CP and took my advice

dlphg9
08-18-2019, 09:45 AM

Well he definitely didn't play the starters even close to a half. Mahomes got one drive, I think? I haven't watched any of the preseason at all, so I'm not sure how much everyone else played, but from the look of the box score it wasn't much.

Chiefshrink
08-18-2019, 10:08 AM
These guys arent made of glass.

You would think but to your "pussification of the NFL" comment in the GOAT thread, since the 50's,60's and 70's type of NFL player every generation since has been getting softer and softer each decade as the family unit in our culture becomes more broken each decade. There is a HUGE correlation no doubt.;) Oh yes, the massive $$ made and invested, the media celebrity stardom that is extreme overkill as well as the game changing because of extreme athleticism and commercialization of the game combined with a much softer type NFL player(very little passion for the game and passion only for his back pocket$$) these days is a perfect storm for "pussification".

oldman
08-18-2019, 10:12 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Get ready for that call from Veach next.

Jewish Rabbi
08-18-2019, 10:16 AM

Please take our advice and throw away your computer!