PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead for the first time

bigjosh
08-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Hey guys,

My wife, her sister and I are heading down there this year for the Green Bay game.

We are going to be staying down there the following week with our kids and probably need to find a place for trick or treating.

Anybody going to be tailgating that we can meet up with?

Anybody have a good neighborhood to bring kids trick or treating?

Any good stand up comedy clubs down there?

Any must visit spots while we are down there?

Thanks in advance.

eDave
08-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Hopefully your get to meet up with some CP'rs. As for the rest of your list, no.

Over Yonder
08-18-2019, 11:51 AM
I can't help you out with much of that. I live close to the Iowa/Missouri border so I just drive to and from games. Don't know much about K.C.

But in proper C.P. fashion, I feel obligated to ask about your wife's sister. Give us the scoop. :D

bigjosh
08-18-2019, 12:16 PM
I can't help you out with much of that. I live close to the Iowa/Missouri border so I just drive to and from games. Don't know much about K.C.

But in proper C.P. fashion, I feel obligated to ask about your wife's sister. Give us the scoop. :D

she is single, has a pink mowhawk, and is a packers fan. Have at it. :)

Over Yonder
08-18-2019, 12:30 PM

I'm no scientist, but I might of just discovered why she is single :eek:

But seriously, hope you have a great time! Arrowhead is AWESOME!! My record is 11-1. F the Raiders is all I have to say about that :cuss:

Let's hope you can keep up my winning percentage :thumb:

Titty Meat
08-18-2019, 01:22 PM
Hey guys,

My wife, her sister and I are heading down there this year for the Green Bay game.

We are going to be staying down there the following week with our kids and probably need to find a place for trick or treating.

Thanks in advance.

The best Comedy club in KC is in the Northland:

http://improvkc.com/

I'd probably hit up Johnson County or Lee's summit for trick or treating.

Checkout the Louisburg pumpkin patch and cider mill:

https://louisburgcidermill.com/

How old are your kids? They might like Legoland
https://kansascity.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/

If you're doing some family shopping and looking for some kid friendly stuff I'd check out Oak Park mall in Overland Park too

Oz_Chief
08-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

Have a great time! I will never forget my first Arrowhead experience. I wish you all the best!

TLO
08-18-2019, 01:28 PM
I don't have much advice to give, but I hope you have an amazing time!

tyecopeland
08-18-2019, 01:43 PM
I'd suggest avoiding most cp posters. Seriously though, you can pretty much just crash any tailgate, everyone is very welcoming that I've ever been around.

bigjosh
08-18-2019, 01:52 PM
The best Comedy club in KC is in the Northland:

http://improvkc.com/

I'd probably hit up Johnson County or Lee's summit for trick or treating.

Checkout the Louisburg pumpkin patch and cider mill:

https://louisburgcidermill.com/

How old are your kids? They might like Legoland
https://kansascity.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/

If you're doing some family shopping and looking for some kid friendly stuff I'd check out Oak Park mall in Overland Park too

Thanks bud. The cider mill seems like a cool spot. the improv KC has one of my favorite comedians there the following month, but that week looks pretty dry.

my kids are 7 5 and 2. Oddly enough, I am taking them to lego land boston this week for my sons birthday.

BlackHelicopters
08-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Make sure to go to Buddie’s on Main Street . A fine family friendly place for some food.

Titty Meat
08-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Thanks bud. The cider mill seems like a cool spot. the improv KC has one of my favorite comedians there the following month, but that week looks pretty dry.

my kids are 7 5 and 2. Oddly enough, I am taking them to lego land boston this week for my sons birthday.

Check this club out it's pretty new they dont get the big names but still something to do..

https://www.thecomedyclubkc.com/

Titty Meat
08-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Make sure to go to Buddie’s on Main Street . A fine family friendly place for some food.

They closed. The owners old lover blew up his home.

displacedinMN
08-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Packer fans
:rolleyes:

lewdog
08-18-2019, 04:14 PM
BigJosh, you a packer fan?

bigjosh
08-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Packer fans
:rolleyes:

BigJosh, you a packer fan?

fuck no. not me.

my sister in law is a packers fan, thats why she wanted to go with.

I have been a miserable chiefs fan since I was 4

Chieftain
08-18-2019, 04:53 PM
I will be attending the Packers game at Arrowhead as well and it will be my first time also to Arrowhead. Been to a couple of Chiefs games in SD, both blowout wins in KC's favor btw. Can anyone suggest a local good barbecue place that isn't very crowded with people?

SAUTO
08-18-2019, 05:00 PM
If it's local and good it's going to be crowded with people

chinaski
08-18-2019, 05:28 PM
You got the museums, Nelson-Atkins, Steamboat Arabia, WW1 Museum. All are very cool. The Nelson is a world class art museum for sure. It's wonderful. Union Station Science City would be good for the kids.

Not really hip to the nightlife and comedy scene in Kansas City, haven't lived there in 20+ years.

Halloween time of course you have the Haunted Houses in the West Bottoms, there really is nothing like it anywhere.

I don't know where to direct you for Trick or Treating. I grew up in Raytown, and parts of that are getting a bit sketch, or so I have been told, so maybe Lee's Summit or Blue Springs. Pick a nice looking suburban neighborhood, and you should be fine.

Good Luck, Have Fun!

chinaski
08-18-2019, 05:31 PM
I will be attending the Packers game at Arrowhead as well and it will be my first time also to Arrowhead. Been to a couple of Chiefs games in SD, both blowout wins in KC's favor btw. Can anyone suggest a local good barbecue place that isn't very crowded with people?

What SAUTO said. I'm a fan of the Martin City Jack Stack. All locations should be on point though. Gates is kind of Cafeteria Style and Fast-Foody. I like it though.

The worst BBQ in Kansas City is probably better than you have ever had anywhere else though. And that's sayin something.

KOOKS 1
08-18-2019, 05:42 PM
Brats from Meisfields in Sheboygan would be perfect for a tailgate party.

greatwolf kansas-city water park

Riding the trolley downtown might be a hit for an afternoon activity.

Chieftain
08-18-2019, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the tips.
I was supposed to be at last year's game against the Rams in Mexico City and was really pissed when they cancelled the game. Lost money on the flight ticket but got a full refund on the game ticket. That's why I decided to avoid this year's game there:D

scho63
08-19-2019, 12:30 AM

Is the pink mohawk on the top of her head or down below?

I could really dig a bush with a pink mohawk! ;)

scho63
08-19-2019, 12:34 AM
On another subject, you are going to cry tears of joy and get goosebumps visiting Arrowhead for the first time.

I did it 6 years ago for my 50th Bday and bucket list and was in awe.

rocknrolla
08-19-2019, 01:46 AM
You got the museums, Nelson-Atkins, Steamboat Arabia, WW1 Museum. All are very cool. The Nelson is a world class art museum for sure. It's wonderful. Union Station Science City would be good for the kids.

Not really hip to the nightlife and comedy scene in Kansas City, haven't lived there in 20+ years.

Halloween time of course you have the Haunted Houses in the West Bottoms, there really is nothing like it anywhere.

I don't know where to direct you for Trick or Treating. I grew up in Raytown, and parts of that are getting a bit sketch, or so I have been told, so maybe Lee's Summit or Blue Springs. Pick a nice looking suburban neighborhood, and you should be fine.

Good Luck, Have Fun!

Those Haunted Houses were so much fun when I was in high school, waiting in line drinking our QT big gulps of booze was half the fun. Josh, you gotta hit a couple. Really there is nothing like it.

SuperBowl4
08-19-2019, 02:38 AM
"Chiefs have AIDS"?

bigjosh
08-19-2019, 03:34 AM
"Chiefs have AIDS"?

That was a caption from a few years ago, when Alex Smith couldn’t get them over the hump in a playoff game. I don’t visit often enough on a pc to change it and dont know if i can from Tapatalk.

SuperBowl4
08-19-2019, 03:51 AM
That was a caption from a few years ago, when Alex Smith couldn’t get them over the hump in a playoff game. I don’t visit often enough on a pc to change it and dont know if i can from Tapatalk.:thumb:

srvy
08-19-2019, 05:28 AM
Those Haunted Houses were so much fun when I was in high school, waiting in line drinking our QT big gulps of booze was half the fun. Josh, you gotta hit a couple. Really there is nothing like it.

This but with kids so young I dunno.

KentuckyChief
08-19-2019, 06:12 AM
On another subject, you are going to cry tears of joy and get goosebumps visiting Arrowhead for the first time.

I did it 6 years ago for my 50th Bday and bucket list and was in awe.

I was a STH in 2003 and 04 and have only been to one game since. We are taking our twin 12 yr old boys to their first game (Texans). I’ve already warned them that I’ll probably cry when I get em inside the gates. Alas, I’m kinda a pussy that way.......
Just can’t wait for them to experience Arrowhead!

Mephistopheles Janx
08-19-2019, 06:15 AM
I'd suggest avoiding most cp posters. Seriously though, you can pretty much just crash any tailgate, everyone is very welcoming that I've ever been around.

Who did you meet on here that let you down so much?

Why Not?
08-19-2019, 07:39 AM
The worst BBQ in Kansas City is probably better than you have ever had anywhere else though.

Fact

Sorce
08-19-2019, 07:44 AM
List compiled by chiefs planet dot com (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290579)

luv
08-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Feel free to hit up a tailgate near F24 by the crosswalk on the grass median between the F lot and the road. If you want, you can just go telling people you're looking for luv until someone doesn't look at you like you're crazy. Our tailgate crew is used to it, and we are "nice" to opposing fans.

Can't help with comedy clubs or trick-or-treating, but my list of fun things with kids would definitely include:

Legoland (can get combo tickets for for it and the Aquarium next door)
College Basketball Experience (older ones would enjoy)

And also:
Joe's Kansas City BBQ
Nelson Art Museum