PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Special teams matter: The tale of the 2010 Chargers

RealSNR
08-25-2019, 05:14 PM
As we approach roster cutdown day, and people start to bitch loudly about certain guys who made the roster and certain guys who did not, remember that if you hear Reid or anybody justify that decision because of special teams, just take it, be glad, and move on.

In addition to bringing back fond memories of the Cassel 27-7 year, we also get to reminisce about just how fucking putrid and awful Brodie Croyle was that one game.

And of course, laugh at the Chargers. Like, I know every year they're the best team to come up short in some category or measure. That's basically the story of their entire history. But this one is ESPECIALLY delightful.

And if you don't have time to watch this lovely video, I'd still recommend that you jump to 17:36 of the video and catch the final closing statement. A very special someone shows up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UAL5X3TRA2A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Saw the video yesterday. They could pick any Chargers season and do a video about 1 specific thing that fucked the whole season up, (i.e the year we lost all of our Centers, or the year we lost all of our OLBs, or WRs, etc...). As Chiefs fans, don't they have examples like this related to the Chiefs?

Rain Man
08-25-2019, 05:32 PM
Saw the video yesterday. They could pick any Chargers season and do a video about 1 specific thing that fucked the whole season up, (i.e the year we lost all of our Centers, or the year we lost all of our OLBs, or WRs, etc...). As Chiefs fans, don't they have examples like this related to the Chiefs?

Yeah, but in ours the only reason is "because Chiefs".

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 05:50 PM
I mean, you look at last years playoffs where the Pats beat the Chargers. Where are the Chargers best ILBs? Injured of course.
Baltimore wasn't equipped to stop them in Round 1, despite the Chargers playing safeties at ILB, but the Pats knew what to do. Establish a power running game out of the "I" formation and run it down their throats. The Chargers had no way to defend that. They knew it, I knew it. They were fucked right out of the gate because of the injury bug hitting a specific group by position. Happens all the time.
Yet Chiefs fans have Rivers Derangement Syndrome and most rival fans league wide blame him for never winning a SB despite the talent.

TLO
08-25-2019, 05:51 PM
I mean, you look at last years playoffs where the Pats beat the Chargers. Where are the Chargers best ILBs? Injured of course.
Baltimore wasn't equipped to stop them in Round 1, despite the Chargers playing safeties at ILB, but the Pats knew what to do. Establish a power running game out of the "I" formation and run it down their throats. The Chargers had no way to defend that. They knew it, I knew it. They were ****ed right out of the gate because of the injury bug hitting a specific group by position. Happens all the time.
Yet Chiefs fans have Rivers Derangement Syndrome and most rival fans league wide blame him for never winning a SB despite the talent.

:deevee:

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 05:55 PM
:deevee:

Yep, that pretty much sums being a Chargers fan. You guys will get there by the time Mahomo is 37 and you have 0 titles.

Buehler445
08-25-2019, 05:55 PM

Uhh Joe Montana at the Bills?

Get the fuck out of here with that hogshit.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Uhh Joe Montana at the Bills?

Get the fuck out of here with that hogshit.

What happened there? I don't recall, and wasn't that like 30 years ago?

ThaVirus
08-25-2019, 06:04 PM
That's the year the Chargers had the #1 offense and #1 defense but missed the playoffs?

Naptown Chief
08-25-2019, 06:12 PM
That's the year the Chargers had the #1 offense and #1 defense but missed the playoffs?

They have the #1 offense and #1 defense every year per the national media. Then, of course, the games begin to be played..

RealSNR
08-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Baltimore wasn't equipped to stop them in Round 1, despite the Chargers playing safeties at ILB, but the Pats knew what to do. Establish a power running game out of the "I" formation and run it down their throats. The Chargers had no way to defend that. They knew it, I knew it. They were fucked right out of the gate because of the injury bug hitting a specific group by position. Happens all the time.
What? You mean the Philip Rivers who has a losing record against the Chiefs and is 1-9 in his last 10 games? The same Rivers whose majority of wins against the Chiefs were from 07-12, i.e. the Herm/Pioli years? The same Philip Rivers who not only had that 2010 game get away from him but also should have beaten the Chiefs in 2011, except he fumbled the kneel down snap at the end of the game and lost in OT? That same harmless Philip Rivers? Derangement?

I've got derangement over the ants in my kitchen. But Philip Rivers?

He's completely harmless. Still a huge douche, but a harmless douche.

Buehler445
08-25-2019, 06:22 PM
What happened there? I don't recall, and wasn't that like 30 years ago?

Best team in the NFL. Got a concussion in the playoffs.

And just because the management of our franchise decided to hire a HC that couldn’t field a defense, then hired Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards, and if that wasn’t bad enough, hired Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. Then after finally getting it right and hiring Reid, proceed to field 2 of the worst 5 playoff blunders in the history of the goddamned league.

So fucking forgive me if I stubble finding sympathy for your shitheel franchise.

ThaVirus
08-25-2019, 06:46 PM
They have the #1 offense and #1 defense every year per the national media. Then, of course, the games begin to be played..

I was being literal. They finished that year with the most offensive yardage and having given up the least yards defensively and still missed the playoffs. Pretty funny.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 06:55 PM
Best team in the NFL. Got a concussion in the playoffs.

And just because the management of our franchise decided to hire a HC that couldn’t field a defense, then hired Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards, and if that wasn’t bad enough, hired Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. Then after finally getting it right and hiring Reid, proceed to field 2 of the worst 5 playoff blunders in the history of the goddamned league.

So fucking forgive me if I stubble finding sympathy for your shitheel franchise.

I would never expect sympathy from a Chiefs fan.
The Chargers have been competitive for quite some time, while the Chiefs have gone through some lean years, (from Herm to Pioli and getting a first overall pick in a year where the best you could get was a mediocre LT).
They're very different experiences. I went through those years from 94 to when Rivers was drafted.
Now that the Chief's have Mahomes, you're entering what I've experienced since Rivers was drafted.
Every year you don't win it all will only tarnish Mahomes image. And be more painful than an 8-8 season.

notorious
08-25-2019, 07:01 PM
Rivers couldn’t carry Mahome’s jock.

Completely different league of talent.

notorious
08-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Gads is doing good work here.

KCUnited
08-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Lot of us were pounding the table for Ace Gunner.

Buehler445
08-25-2019, 07:09 PM
The Chargers have been competitive for quite some time, while the Chiefs have gone through some lean years, (from Herm to Pioli and getting a first overall pick in a year where the best you could get was a mediocre LT).
They're very different experiences. I went through those years from 94 to when Rivers was drafted.
Now that the Chief's have Mahomes, you're entering what I've experienced since Rivers was drafted.
Every year you don't win it all will only tarnish Mahomes image. And be more painful than an 8-8 season.

You said this.... Sure looks like wanting sympathy to me.

I mean, would I have rather seen the chargers do it instead of yet another Cheatriot super bowl? Sure. Especially when we were god fucking awful.

But if you want to compare battle scars I’ll put ours up against anybody’s.

PHOG
08-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Good thing, get the fuck outta here. No sympathy here given.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 07:17 PM
Well of course you think that. One severe leg injury will limit Mahomes into an average pocket passer, so we'll see how that turns out.

PHOG
08-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Well of course you think that. One severe leg injury will limit Mahomes into an average pocket passer, so we'll see how that turns out.
Kinda like Rivers has been his whole career? Real telling that you would wish an injury. Just like a SD/LA fan, where's the next stop?

notorious
08-25-2019, 07:22 PM
Gads:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-15-2015/7hAZqh.gif

New World Order
08-25-2019, 07:23 PM

In his first season, Mahomes took a historically bad defense to a 1 seed and an offsides penalty away from the SB.

Rivers has blown seasons with teams that were considered elite year-after-year.

RealSNR
08-25-2019, 07:25 PM

Are you saying that a severe leg injury would limit Mahomes' mobility, which is why you think he would be only an "average pocket passer?" As in... the reason why Mahomes is so dangerous instead of an average QB is because he's mobile?

If that is your argument... well, I hope you enjoy getting repeatedly assfucked the next many years by the thing you seem to not understand very well.

notorious
08-25-2019, 07:26 PM
Gads is fucking with you guys.

Rivers had a HOF RB and TE, along with some excellent defenses to bail him out.

He chokes. I like the guy (unlike a lot of you), but that's what he is.

PHOG
08-25-2019, 07:29 PM
Gads is ****ing with you guys.

Oh OK

RealSNR
08-25-2019, 07:30 PM
Gads is fucking with you guys.

Rivers had a HOF RB and TE, along with some excellent defenses to bail him out.

He chokes. I like the guy (unlike a lot of you), but that's what he is.

Sometimes I enjoy taking trolls down the rabbit hole.

If nobody bites, there's no trolltainment. Sometimes you have to be the one to do it if nobody else will.

notorious
08-25-2019, 07:32 PM
Sometimes I enjoy taking trolls down the rabbit hole.

If nobody bites, there's no trolltainment. Sometimes you have to be the one to do it if nobody else will.

I fucked it all up SNR.

I like Gads, too.

Proceed.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Rivers has blown seasons with teams that were considered elite year-after-year.

While Notorious is correct in saying I'm fucking with you guys, (why would a Chargers fan spend any time on a Chiefs board other than to fuck with them and enjoy threads like "Female Celebrities" and "Women with clothes and then naked "?
The point of the video posted by SNR is that 1 measly area of a football team can fuck up your entire season.
This is why the quote "Rivers has blown seasons with teams that were considered elite year-after-year", could be replaced with "Mahomes" instead of "Rivers" if the same circumstances were to happen to the Chiefs.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 08:26 PM
BTW - The funny thing about being a pro-rival fan poster is how fast the narrative starts. (I don't consider myself a troll, just a guy who roots for a rival team who happens to enjoy the CP community)
- First I'm accused of looking for sympathy.
- Then I'm told to "get the fuck out"
- Then I'm accused of wishing an injury on Mahomes.

Any conversations outside of the Chargers are generally cordial, but bring up the Chiefs or something pro Chargers and "Whoa Nelly", it's a fuckin' shitstorm.

RealSNR
08-25-2019, 08:31 PM
BTW - The funny thing about being a pro-rival fan poster is how fast the narrative starts. (I don't consider myself a troll, just a guy who roots for a rival team who happens to enjoy the CP community)

Any conversations outside of the Chargers are generally cordial, but bring up the Chiefs or something pro Chargers and "Whoa Nelly", it's a fuckin' shitstorm.

You're calling our community a shitstorm? Quit looking for sympathy and get the fuck out, you Mahomes-hating troll!!!!!!!!!!

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 08:34 PM
You're calling our community a shitstorm? Quit looking for sympathy and get the fuck out, you Mahomes-hating troll!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Naptown Chief
08-25-2019, 08:56 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan that was born in Whale's Vagina, California. I'm pretty sure I've met all 9 Chargers fans. Mr Gadzooks, were you a local before moving to India?

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 09:22 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan that was born in Whale's Vagina, California. I'm pretty sure I've met all 9 Chargers fans. Mr Gadzooks, were you a local before moving to India?

Nope, not born in SD. I passed through and that's where I picked up the illness.
I'm not from a place with an NFL Team so I could pick any team I wanted. They seemed like a good choice at the time.

Naptown Chief
08-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Nope, not born in SD. I passed through and that's where I picked up the illness.
I'm not from a place with an NFL Team so I could pick any team I wanted. They seemed like a good choice at the time.

Fair enough. My dad was from STL, MO but was stationed in SD after serving in Vietnam. He was a Chiefs fan all his life so it just rubbed off on me. My brother was a Chargers fan until they moved to LA.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Fair enough. My dad was from STL, MO but was stationed in SD after serving in Vietnam. He was a Chiefs fan all his life so it just rubbed off on me. My brother was a Chargers fan until they moved to LA.

Yeah, I think that's why there's literally 9 Chargers fans remaining. Fuck the Spanoseses.:shake: Shitty move.
They're still a very good team though.

Buehler445
08-25-2019, 10:00 PM

Hey the post I quoted sure seems to be looking for sympathy. Boo hoo. Chiefs have never had anything like this.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Hey the post I quoted sure seems to be looking for sympathy. Boo hoo. Chiefs have never had anything like this.

It's over Buehler. You're too late to suck me in. Notorious fucked the whole deal up.:)

FloridaMan88
08-25-2019, 10:24 PM
The point of the video posted by SNR is that 1 measly area of a football team can **** up your entire season.

No shit Sherlock.

The Chiefs lived that football cliche last year with Sutton's defense keeping Mahomes on the sideline in OT in the AFC Championship Game.

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 10:33 PM
No shit Sherlock.

The Chiefs lived that football cliche last year with Sutton's defense keeping Mahomes on the sideline in OT in the AFC Championship Game.

You're saying "No shit Sherlock" to me? Quit looking for sympathy and get the fuck out, you Mahomes cock-guzzling fan boi!!!!!!!!!!

FloridaMan88
08-25-2019, 10:41 PM
You're saying "No shit Sherlock" to me? Quit looking for sympathy and get the **** out, you Mahomes cock-guzzling fan boi!!!!!!!!!!

You started in this thread attempting to defend Phyllis, and it has progressively gone downhill for you.

You should make like Phyllis in a clutch situation and tap out.

notorious
08-25-2019, 10:41 PM
It's over Buehler. You're too late to suck me in. Notorious ****ed the whole deal up.:)

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/3CMymxCSSezWGEBLF_p9Cw--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD0yNzQ7dz0yNDQ-/https://media.tenor.co/images/0f4a24be3cfb1e704fcfb8059bc2a360/raw.cf.gif

Gadzooks
08-25-2019, 10:46 PM
You started in this thread attempting to defend Phyllis, and it has progressively gone downhill for you.

You should make like Phyllis in a clutch situation and tap out.

I certainly wouldn't tap out against the likes of you, who either fails to read the thread or has an immense deficiency in reading comprehension. You've proven to be either lazy or of extreme low IQ.

Buehler445
08-25-2019, 11:02 PM
It's over Buehler. You're too late to suck me in. Notorious fucked the whole deal up.:)

ROFL

Notorious fucks everything up :cuss:

:D

FloridaMan88
08-26-2019, 08:52 AM
I certainly wouldn't tap out against the likes of you, who either fails to read the thread or has an immense deficiency in reading comprehension. You've proven to be either lazy or of extreme low IQ.

ROFL You seem triggered.

You are a Chargers fan living in India... no need to insult you further... that says it all.

ROFL

Gadzooks
08-26-2019, 11:29 PM
ROFL You seem triggered.

You are a Chargers fan living in India... no need to insult you further... that says it all.

ROFL

Hmmm... clever post. I can't possibly retort such a sharp intellect. Well done.

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 07:04 AM
As we approach roster cutdown day, and people start to bitch loudly about certain guys who made the roster and certain guys who did not, remember that if you hear Reid or anybody justify that decision because of special teams, just take it, be glad, and move on.

In addition to bringing back fond memories of the Cassel 27-7 year, we also get to reminisce about just how ****ing putrid and awful Brodie Croyle was that one game.

And of course, laugh at the Chargers. Like, I know every year they're the best team to come up short in some category or measure. That's basically the story of their entire history. But this one is ESPECIALLY delightful.

And if you don't have time to watch this lovely video, I'd still recommend that you jump to 17:36 of the video and catch the final closing statement. A very special someone shows up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UAL5X3TRA2A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That’s insane.