PDA

View Full Version : Life Apologies

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 02:19 PM
I was banned from the thread I needed to make this apology in so I figured why not make it public and start a new thread. I was being a dick (well, more of a dick than usual) in BRC's Jacksonville get together thread and I called what I can only presume is a CP members wife, daughter, or girlfriend a fatty. It was uncalled for and I apologize to those of you I either offended or upset in any way.

I've been a pretty angry guy for the past couple of weeks. Not making excuses for being a dick, but my best friend in this life (besides my wife) found out on August 30th that he has stage 4 colon cancer. This dude has been my road dog since we were 7 years old and it is going to kill me to have to say goodbye to him. I never tell my male friends that I love them, but I love this dude and I'm going to miss him immensely and I really don't know what I'm going to do without him around.

Again, I am sorry for my insensitive comment in BRC's thread and I will try to be a kinder, gentler LoneWolf going forward.

eDave
09-09-2019, 02:20 PM
<3

ptlyon
09-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Didn't you have cancer as well or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Dante84
09-09-2019, 02:26 PM

That’s LonewolfEd, RIP

LoneWolf

That was Lonewolf Ed.

Hydrae
Sorry to hear about your "road dog". Losing anyone can be tough but obviously you guys have been through a lot over the years. Only to be taken down by the big C at what I assume is an early age. :shake:

Prayers and thoughts for you, you bud, the doctors, and anyone else involved!

TwistedChief
09-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Sorry to have downvoted you in that thread and sorry about your friend. Onward and upward, buddy.

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your "road dog". Losing anyone can be tough but obviously you guys have been through a lot over the years. Only to be taken down by the big C at what I assume is an early age. :shake:

Prayers and thoughts for you, you bud, the doctors, and anyone else involved!

He's 47. Won't live to see 48. He has refused all treatment and they are just making him comfortable.

ptlyon
09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
That's right, thanks

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Sorry to have downvoted you in that thread and sorry about your friend. Onward and upward, buddy.

Hell man, I deserved a lot more downvotes than what I got. I was being an ass.

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 02:32 PM
FTR I went back and deleted the posts. I figured there was something going on.

You're welcome.

luv
09-09-2019, 02:34 PM
I have a friend who graduated a couple of years behind me whose husband died earlier this summer from colon cancer. He was 40, and he had fought it for about a year. I know it's not much help, but just know that he will at least no longer be in pain. Remember the good times, and do something to honor who he was once he's gone.

ptlyon
09-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Side note, you might want to change your signature

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. Life is hard and losing those closest to you doesn't make it any easier. My only advice would be to take care of yourself through the process.

BryanBusby
09-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Ah, stuff happens. It's always cool to talk it over instead of keeping it all bottled up.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
People call other people all sorts of things on here, including fatty. Hard to believe that’s an offense of some sort, honestly.

Nzoner
09-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend.I've lost my mother and uncle to colon cancer so I can definitely relate.

Not to be judgemental(we're all different) however it might be a good time to start telling all your male friends you love them(if that's how you feel) as sometimes I think us men could use a little more of that.

Prayers to you and your friend.

BryanBusby
09-09-2019, 02:57 PM
People call other people all sorts of things on here, including fatty. Hard to believe that’s an offense of some sort, honestly.
I think there's a fine line between calling a Brooke Pryor Mac n Cheese and someone's wife a fatty.

Brooke was asking for it and is actually fat.

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 02:57 PM

I called a female in a picture from the Chiefs gathering in Jacksonville a fatty. I can see how that is super offensive to her and anyone in her family. If it would have been one of you regular buttholes on here, I wouldn't have cared. :evil:

srvy
09-09-2019, 03:04 PM
My cousin was diagnosed stage 4 colon cancer 3 years ago he has been cancer free now for 1 year true story.

You friend might give treatments a chance but that's his choice. Sorry that your longtime friend has this terrible disease fuck cancer. Its probably time to lower the age for recommended colonoscopies to 40. My cousin was diagnosed at 46 yo and had noticed blood in his stool for many months. He shrugged off as Hemorrhoids mostly out of fear he said. In reality he told me he knew something wasnt right as he was totally fatigued all the time where getting up after sitting was a effort instead he was very anemic.

TEX
09-09-2019, 03:06 PM
I called a female in a picture from the Chiefs gathering in Jacksonville a fatty. I can see how that is super offensive to her and anyone in her family. If it would have been one of you regular buttholes on here, I wouldn't have cared. :evil:

Still, you didn't mean to actually hurt anyone. You were just "shit-talking." It's all silly IMO, but offending someone, while not meaning to, is a sign of the times.

All the best dealing with your situation.

Buehler445
09-09-2019, 03:06 PM
All the best man.

htismaqe
09-09-2019, 03:10 PM
I was banned from the thread I needed to make this apology in so I figured why not make it public and start a new thread. I was being a dick (well, more of a dick than usual) in BRC's Jacksonville get together thread and I called what I can only presume is a CP members wife, daughter, or girlfriend a fatty. It was uncalled for and I apologize to those of you I either offended or upset in any way.

I've been a pretty angry guy for the past couple of weeks. Not making excuses for being a dick, but my best friend in this life (besides my wife) found out on August 30th that he has stage 4 colon cancer. This dude has been my road dog since we were 7 years old and it is going to kill me to have to say goodbye to him. I never tell my male friends that I love them, but I love this dude and I'm going to miss him immensely and I really don't know what I'm going to do without him around.

Again, I am sorry for my insensitive comment in BRC's thread and I will try to be a kinder, gentler LoneWolf going forward.

First of all, it takes a big man to admit you were wrong on CP. Not many can do it.

Second, don’t sweat it. I used to be a miserable a-hole here. I left for a while and when I came back I decided to be a nicer, better person. It makes the experience better. A lot better actually

Finally, prayers for you and your friend man. Losses like these suck

TEX
09-09-2019, 03:12 PM
First of all, it takes a big man to admit you were wrong on CP. Not many can do it.

Second, don’t sweat it. I used to be a miserable a-hole here. I left for a while and when I came back I decided to be a nicer, better person. It makes the experience better. A lot better actually

Yes. I can attest to this. ;)

Shiver Me Timbers
09-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Wolf I enjoy reading your posts. Good of you to apologize
Prayers to your road dog.
I am in Colorado and a fatty means something else out here I am told

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2019, 03:17 PM
I think there's a fine line between calling a Brooke Pryor Mac n Cheese and someone's wife a fatty.

I don’t see the distinction. She’s someone’s daughter/sister/whatever. Leaders of our country have made fun of people’s weight and people (on here) have defended them.

It appears to be fine in just about every case. Even though I don’t think I would poke fun at someone’s weight (and your apology is a nice touch), I don’t think it was mandated OR your ban was warranted, based on most precedent.

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend.I've lost my mother and uncle to colon cancer so I can definitely relate.

Not to be judgemental(we're all different) however it might be a good time to start telling all your male friends you love them(if that's how you feel) as sometimes I think us men could use a little more of that.

Prayers to you and your friend.
Yep. I tell my best and oldest male friends I love them quite often. They are my brothers.

-King-
09-09-2019, 03:20 PM
What was the point of deleting comments or even apologizing if you're going to repeat exactly what you said in this thread?

Am I the only one who finds it weird?

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 03:21 PM
What was the point of deleting comments or even apologizing if you're going to repeat exactly what you said in this thread?

Am I the only one who finds it weird?

I deleted them.

Just because. No one asked.

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 03:24 PM

That someone's wife probably doesn't post here, didn't post her pic here.

That's the difference between dogging the pic and talking shit on a poster... at least IMO

Brooke took a job that put her in that position also.

BryanBusby
09-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I don’t see the distinction. She’s someone’s daughter/sister/whatever. Leaders of our country have made fun of people’s weight and people (on here) have defended them.

It appears to be fine in just about every case. Even though I don’t think I would poke fun at someone’s weight (and your apology is a nice touch), I don’t think it was mandated OR your ban was warranted, based on most precedent.
Well thanks for your support?

But yeah, I think there's a distinction between an innocent fan that happened to simply have their picture taken while having a good time and someone that was looking to establish as a public figure by outright lying and assassinating an individual's chance at a fair shake. They got exactly what they gave out. Definitely wasn't the high road, but it was fair game.

Bearcat
09-09-2019, 03:28 PM

^What he said.

No animosity here. It was pretty much a case of self-policing... multiple people pointed out your post, and even then it wasn't until you edited your post and doubled-down so to speak.

It was nothing more than "take it elsewhere".

And fuck cancer.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Well thanks for your support?

But yeah, I think there's a distinction between an innocent fan that happened to simply have their picture taken while having a good time and someone that was looking to establish as a public figure by outright lying and assassinating an individual's chance at a fair shake. They got exactly what they gave out. Definitely wasn't the high road, but it was fair game.Brooke is vial, but that has zero to do with her weight. If people want to make fun of her weight, that's fine, but I think the same standard should apply to everyone. It certainly seems fair game for most of the population, with only a few minor exceptions.

BryanBusby
09-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Brooke is vial, but that has zero to do with her weight. If people want to make fun of her weight, that's fine, but I think the same standard should apply to everyone. It certainly seems fair game for most of the population, with only a few minor exceptions.
We couldn't disagree any more.

People should have the right to be treated the way they treat others. If they're not being nasty to others than I don't think it's fair to outright publicly ridicule them in such a fashion like that. Now if you're a jerk than well you're asking for it.

lewdog
09-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Fine, but I still want to fight you.

Meet me at Flo’s and let’s rumble!!!!

-King-
09-09-2019, 03:34 PM
I deleted them.

Just because. No one asked.

Yeah but he comes in this thread and says exactly what thread he insulted her in and what the insult was. With that info its just too easy to go to the thread and figure out the woman he was making fun of. Defeats the whole purpose of you deleting the posts in that thread. I just find that odd.

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 03:36 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/nrr17.jpg

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Yeah but he comes in this thread and says exactly what thread he insulted her in and what the insult was. With that info its just too easy to go to the thread and figure out the woman he was making fun of. Defeats the whole purpose of you deleting the posts in that thread. I just find that odd.

My original post had been quoted a couple of times so it was pretty easy to find.

R Clark
09-09-2019, 03:43 PM

What a waste of space also a miserable asshole

Simply Red
09-09-2019, 03:44 PM
she lived by u

notorious
09-09-2019, 03:56 PM
When I get cunty on here, it's because I've been on here too much.

Take a break, Lone. Your mood will improve.

Mr. Plow
09-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your bud. Lost my good buddy nearly 3 years ago under different circumstances. Do yourself a favor and make sure he knows you love him.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2019, 04:32 PM
apology accepted

Easy 6
09-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Yeah seeing you be that way was pretty shocking

But you owned up to it and apologized like a man

Sorry about your bud, that’s just way too young... hang in there and make the last of your time together as memorable as possible

Renegade
09-09-2019, 04:44 PM
My cousin was diagnosed stage 4 colon cancer 3 years ago he has been cancer free now for 1 year true story.

You friend might give treatments a chance but that's his choice. Sorry that your longtime friend has this terrible disease **** cancer. Its probably time to lower the age for recommended colonoscopies to 40. My cousin was diagnosed at 46 yo and had noticed blood in his stool for many months. He shrugged off as Hemorrhoids mostly out of fear he said. In reality he told me he knew something wasnt right as he was totally fatigued all the time where getting up after sitting was a effort instead he was very anemic.

This is where I am at. I had my first colonoscopy last February, no issues. Recently large amounts of blood in the stool. No waiting for me. They want to get a second colonoscopy soon, tested positive for Fecal Lactoferrin. Not easy to go through all this alone LoneWolf. Use your network of friends/family to help you get through this.

Why Not?
09-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Brooke is vial, but that has zero to do with her weight. If people want to make fun of her weight, that's fine, but I think the same standard should apply to everyone. It certainly seems fair game for most of the population, with only a few minor exceptions.

I get your point. Personally, I don’t make fun of anyone’s appearance but I don’t look down on others that do(that would be a contradiction). The difference to me is that CP is an online family of sorts. There becomes a sort of fellowship amongst certainly the regular posters. I think the actual WAG’s or moms or sisters of CPers are probably off limits in the same way you wouldn’t give your brother shit about what his wife looked like(unless you guys have that close of a relationship with those dynamics. That sort of family or friendship is far deeper and more real than anything here so that’s different). I would never want other CPers who don’t have the supermodel wife, massive hog and unlimited bank account I have, to feel bad about their situation or whatever.

Oh and I forgot to add:

Good on you LoneWolf for manning up and doing the right thing.

Easy 6
09-09-2019, 04:57 PM
When I get cunty on here, it's because I've been on here too much.

Take a break, Lone. Your mood will improve.

That was supposed to be a green thumb, dammit :mad:

Excellent advice, I know exactly what you’re talking about

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 05:21 PM
My original post had been quoted a couple of times so it was pretty easy to find.

I waxed them all

SAUTO
09-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Tell lenny I said hi

LoneWolf
09-09-2019, 05:23 PM
I waxed them all

Thanks.

patteeu
09-09-2019, 09:55 PM

If she (or her family/friend) read about it in this thread, they'll also see his remorse/apology. :shrug:

LoneWolf
11-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Well, my friend passed away tonight. I feel really empty inside right now, but in the end I got to tell him goodbye and let him know what he meant to me and how he impacted my life.

He was a really big Chiefs fan and if it’s OK with everyone I would like to start the GDT this week in his honor. RIP David. I will miss you my friend.

O.city
11-06-2019, 10:05 PM
That’s rough man

Condolences

stevieray
11-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Wow.

You are human after all..;)

Sorry man, losing a good long time friend sucks.

C3HIEF3S
11-06-2019, 10:15 PM
So sorry to hear that, brother. Sending condolences and good vibes your way.

LoneWolf
11-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Wow.

You are human after all..;)

Sorry man, losing a good long time friend sucks.

I’m definitely a stubborn, opinionated jackass at times and I’m quite certain I’m not the easiest man to be friends with, but I am loyal to my friends almost to a fault. Of all my friends, David had the uncanny ability to call me out on my bullshit without seeming condescending or preachy. I was a better person when he was around.

Naptown Chief
11-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Well, my friend passed away tonight. I feel really empty inside right now, but in the end I got to tell him goodbye and let him know what he meant to me and how he impacted my life.

He was a really big Chiefs fan and if it’s OK with everyone I would like to start the GDT this week in his honor. RIP David. I will miss you my friend.

I'm 35 and I lost my best friend 2 years ago. He had a number of health problems, but we didn't expect him to pass at 36 years old..

It's still rough man, but all you can do is cherish the good times. Know that his suffering is over and that you were blessed to have been able to say goodbye.

Buehler445
11-07-2019, 12:53 AM
Condolences.

The older (and more cynical) I get the more I value the good people in life.

TwistedChief
11-07-2019, 03:08 AM
Sorry, man. At least it seemed like you got as much closure as you possibly could've with the goodbye.

Hope he brings great luck to the Chiefs with the GDT.

BigRedChief
11-07-2019, 07:01 AM

He was a really big Chiefs fan and if it’s OK with everyone I would like to start the GDT this week in his honor. RIP David. I will miss you my friend.Thats rough man, Sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks and is so random most times on who it chooses to take and who beats it.

When I was working in the medical field, the patients family and friends were told to focus on what they were before cancer. What choices they willingly made before cancer. Why they loved them. Not the last few days and months when they had no choice. Basically, remember then as they were and erase the end from your mind. Most that I would see later would say it helped.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Sorry for your loss. It sounds as if he was pretty young. If he had kids try to share your memories with their Dad with them through out their life. They will appreciate your time and stories.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Cancer can be so unfair many times. Disease in general either fatal or debilitating. Seems to me some of the people that deserved it the very least have been hit lately around me. Good people who take care of themselves better than 95% of others. I don't get it but I am glad you could be there for him. That means the world and will help you move forward as well. Take care of yourself.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-07-2019, 03:19 PM

Sorry for your loss and RIP to your friend David.

ROYC75
11-07-2019, 03:44 PM

Sad to hear this, best friends are like family!

Speaking about family, I know, lost my wife, a sister and now my brother who has faced numerous brain surgeries since 1995 is close to dyeing. They have called hospice in to help care for him in his last days. His 60 birthday was last Friday, when he found out from the doctors what is going on with him, his body is shutting down.

In 1995 he spent 34 hrs on an operation table and had a stroke, left him paralyzed on his left side. He had massive headaches, had hundreds of extra blood vessels growing in and out of his brain, serving no function that had to be cut and burnt off. At the time of the stroke, the surgeons figured they were within an hour of being done of a procedure they expected to take 10 hrs for.

Easy 6
11-07-2019, 06:32 PM
I hope everyone gets the message about your game thread request

You and your pal have my vote for what it’s worth

digger
11-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Sorry, bud

Bugeater
11-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Well this sucks to hear. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. You're one of the people that give the board an edge, and the times you've stepped over the line you've straight up owned it. You're good in my book.

LoneWolf
11-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for the condolences and words of encouragement. It’s been a rough couple of days, but I’ve tried to concentrate on the great times I spent with my friend. This place has always amazed me in how people really care about “strangers”. You all are awesome.