PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dante Hall punt return vs. Denver named #62 play of all time

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 04:18 PM
According to NFL Network, there are 61 plays better than this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No. 62: Dante Hall’s 92-yard punt return TD (Oct. 5, 2003) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL100?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL100</a><br><br>📺: NFL 100 Greatest Plays on <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLNetwork</a> <a href="https://t.co/lbrhtLpn7N">pic.twitter.com/lbrhtLpn7N</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1172676894522662913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bump
09-14-2019, 04:20 PM
He was fun as hell to watch

lewdog
09-14-2019, 04:24 PM
I was at that game.

Senior year of high school.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 04:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yWp3pCbRqg4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 04:27 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lQcqZD6OMOM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
09-14-2019, 04:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lQcqZD6OMOM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I kinda feel like that play should be above the OP's play

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 04:36 PM

I don't think they've gotten through the whole list yet. Last I saw, they were somewhere in the 30s. This very well could be on their list.

Rivaldo
09-14-2019, 04:44 PM
My bro and I had just moved down from the upper bowl, seeking better seats for the final quarter or so. We sat in the corner of the endzone that he received the kick in.

The crescendo of sound in the stadium legit sounded like a Jet engine or several jets. Total roar

The circling around and then the realization that he had daylight... just crowd-o-meter meltdown lol

bricks
09-14-2019, 04:44 PM

Same. That was crazy good.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 04:49 PM
My bro and I had just moved down from the upper bowl, seeking better seats for the final quarter or so. We sat in the corner of the endzone that he received the kick in.

The crescendo of sound in the stadium legit sounded like a Jet engine or several jets. Total roar

The circling around and then the realization that he had daylight... just crowd-o-meter meltdown lol

Yeah, you can even hear that on the video. Probably the loudest the crowd has ever been when they're still 85-90 yards away from the end zone. LOL

TLO
09-14-2019, 04:50 PM
There were like 3 different blocks in the back that weren't called on that play. It was still amazing though.

Frazod
09-14-2019, 04:58 PM
A bunch of us from 37 Forever were at that game. I had really good seats; lower level, 40 yard line or so, about 15 rows up. I'll never forget how loud the crowd was during that return, you could feel it. I thought the concrete was going to explode.

That was one of funnest weekends of my life.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-14-2019, 05:01 PM
There were like 3 different blocks in the back that weren't called on that play. It was still amazing though.

They changed the rules for blocking in the back in 2006. This play happened in 2003. Either way, he broke at least four tackles. I'm pretty sure no one would have tackled him anyway.

From 2006: Blocks in the back above the waist by the kicking team while the ball is in flight during a scrimmage kick are illegal.

Link: https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-health-safety-related-rules-changes-since-2002/

Rivaldo
09-14-2019, 05:09 PM
A bunch of us from 37 Forever were at that game. I had really good seats; lower level, 40 yard line or so, about 15 rows up. I'll never forget how loud the crowd was during that return, you could feel it. I thought the concrete was going to explode.

lol far out

It was unique in my experience. I've attended a good number of concerts and sporting events. Nothing comes close. Truly memorable.

Dartgod
09-14-2019, 05:23 PM

If I remember right, we had a bunch of you at our tailgate at B5. The best part was my wife's uncle, cousins and others were there from Denver to witness that.

EDIT: Yeah, that was the game.

LMAO

Anyone recognize the guy on the left?

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
I was at that game.

Freshman year of high school here.

wazu
09-14-2019, 07:54 PM
Was at the game. Such an amazing moment but at the time never would've thought "all-time", mainly because this was the 7th time he'd done it in just that one season. It definitely stands out as the best of them, though. Great memory.

bricks
09-14-2019, 08:09 PM
You guys are probably going to roast me for saying this but that return shouldn’t have counted. Look at that play closely and there are two illegal blocks in the back.

Don’t get me wrong, love the play but we got lucky on that one. Still great juking by Dante Hall though. Props to him!

Lzen
09-14-2019, 08:15 PM
My favorite Dante hall play ever!

Lzen
09-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Was at the game. Such an amazing moment but at the time never would've thought "all-time", mainly because this was the 7th time he'd done it in just that one season. It definitely stands out as the best of them, though. Great memory.
Surely that wasn't the seventh time that season. It was only like week 4 or 5.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-14-2019, 08:31 PM

Yep, pretty sure it was week 5 and both teams were 4-0. Drove in from Denver for it. The roar that went up when he started to break free was hard to describe. Still gives me goosebumps.

rabblerouser
09-14-2019, 08:32 PM

It's was like the 7th time in 10 games dating back to the previous season

Blick
09-14-2019, 09:17 PM
Senior year of high school as well.

Our season tickets were in the endzone where he caught it. Definitely one of those plays where you're like "No wtf are you doing!!!! YES GOOOOO lol"

wazu
09-14-2019, 09:56 PM
It's was like the 7th time in 10 games dating back to the previous season

This. It was to a point I practically expected it every game.

Rasputin
09-14-2019, 10:24 PM
I was at that game.

I was there too but what people don't talk about is moments before the epic return was a little delay as and idiot fan ran around the field until he got gored by a security was actually best tackle of the day

Wasn't shown on TV I guess.

dlphg9
09-14-2019, 10:43 PM
You guys are probably going to roast me for saying this but that return shouldn’t have counted. Look at that play closely and there are two illegal blocks in the back.

Don’t get me wrong, love the play but we got lucky on that one. Still great juking by Dante Hall though. Props to him!

Would you just shut up already. Go choke on a bottle of maple syrup, you retarded Canadian fuck. Eh.

suzzer99
09-15-2019, 01:50 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CTfHkGxUMcA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I made a thread with this a while back but no one seemed to notice. Really cool stories that I had never heard before.

el borracho
09-15-2019, 01:57 AM
Didn’t Hall return one where he rolled over the defender’s back? Or was that one called back on a penalty? Man, feels like forever ago.

ChiefsFanatic
09-15-2019, 04:23 AM

That was one of funnest weekends of my life.During the No Punt game I was on the 40 yard line, in the lower bowl, exactly 13 rows up, and when Dante broke open on that kick return, and it became obvious he was going to score, it was the loudest I have ever heard the stadium. But I too could feel the concrete shake. It was crazy because I never expected to feel that in the lower bowl.

I was not at the Ravens game last year, but when Hill caught that pass on 4th down, it was the loudest the stadium had ever sounded on my television.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

kc rush
09-15-2019, 06:36 AM
We had season tickets then and were halfway up in the upper level. Being up so high, most of the sound is in front of you. I was amazed how loud it was where we were, can't imagine what it was like on the field.

By the way, fuck the donks.

Deberg_1990
09-15-2019, 07:36 AM
What was interesting about Dante Halls career was that it took him until year 3 to really bust out.

I remember in 2000-01 he didn’t really do much. They kept saying how explosive he was but he never had any TDs those first few seasons. Heading into 2002 it felt like he was going to be a bust. Then he just broke out in 2002-2003

dlphg9
09-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Would you just shut up already. Go choke on a bottle of maple syrup, you retarded Canadian ****. Eh.

I got some really nice rep from Bricks. He seems to be more French than Canadian based on the amount of tears flowing from his rep comment.

Ubeja Vontell
09-15-2019, 08:24 PM
I get it won't make any greatest list but would love to see that play where R.C.Owens (college basketballer) jumped up and blocked a field goal while standing under the crossbar.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-15-2019, 09:28 PM
I get it won't make any greatest list but would love to see that play where R.C.Owens (college basketballer) jumped up and blocked a field goal while standing under the crossbar.

Man, WTF? Do you have to derail every single thread with your buffoonery?

Ubeja Vontell
09-15-2019, 09:35 PM
Man, WTF? Do you have to derail every single thread with your buffoonery?

Dude, how many times has a FG been blocked by a player standing under the crossbar in NFL history? Buffonery?