PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs even have an AVERAGE defense...Super Bowl.

Kiimo
09-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Signed, all of us in the offseason.

Welp!

https://i.imgur.com/uCx778r.png

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019

Beef Supreme
09-17-2019, 02:26 PM
To the ship!

bricks
09-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Thats what I was thinking the other day.

If they could be ranked somewhere between 16th to 20th, and just hold up enough to compliment the offense, they’re a great candidate to win the superbowl. I strongly believe they could do that.

Dayze
09-17-2019, 02:27 PM
I didn't realize we're so high on the Dave rating.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 02:28 PM
This was before the Pats got AB...we're not beating them with this secondary, sorry.

Mulliganman
09-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Of course we all hope this, but a lot can happen between now and then. Playing on the road vs playing at home obviously plays into this as well.

But, I really don't like this line of thinking. Too many assumptions....

Mecca
09-17-2019, 02:30 PM
I didn't realize we're so high on the Dave rating.

When you hang out with your buddies woman and eat her pussy, it's a good rating

Kiimo
09-17-2019, 02:41 PM
DAVE represents a combination of preseason projection and performance so far and is a more accurate look at how well we can expect teams to play the rest of the season. As of Week 2, preseseason projection makes up 80 percent of DAVE.

These are the Daves I know I know, these are the Daves I know

staylor26
09-17-2019, 02:44 PM
This was before the Pats got AB...we're not beating them with this secondary, sorry.

What a fucking outstanding citizen.

I get being concerned but this doom and gloom shit is for pussies. We can beat anybody.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 02:47 PM
What a fucking outstanding citizen.

I get being concerned but this doom and gloom shit is for pussies. We can beat anybody.

OR and I know this may take comprehension above your level...it may be the fucking truth if you're looking at this objectively.

Sorry big guy...excuse me....YEAH WE'RE GONNA WIN EVERY FUCKING SUPER BOWL UNTIL THE END OF TIME...HURRR HURRR HURR...YAY CHIEFS.

Better?

But since you started it...who's covering AB? How about Gordon? Edelman?

threebag
09-17-2019, 02:49 PM
Asshole

Fat Elvis
09-17-2019, 02:50 PM
These are the Daves I know I know, these are the Daves I know

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HcEtkeHoIeU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
09-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Didn't we beat the Pats in their Home Opener recently with Alex Smith and a sketchy secondary- yep, we did.

They are not invincible.

staylor26
09-17-2019, 02:52 PM
OR and I know this may take comprehension above your level...it may be the fucking truth if you're looking at this objectively.

Sorry big guy...excuse me....YEAH WE'RE GONNA WIN EVERY FUCKING SUPER BOWL UNTIL THE END OF TIME...HURRR HURRR HURR...YAY CHIEFS.

Better?

We don’t have to shut their offense down. We only have to outscore them. We just need some stops. The Pats have all kinds of injuries on an already bad OL. Their offense, while great on paper, is much older than ours and not nearly as explosive. We can beat anybody with this offense. That doesn’t mean we can’t use some help at corner, but we have yet to see what Claiborne brings and there are probably options other than Ramsey.

We got better on both sides of the ball after being inches away from those pillowbitergots and some of you are already throwing in the towel. Unbelievable.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Didn't we beat the Pats in the Home Opener recently with a sketchy secondary- yep, we did.

They are not invincible.

DID YOU WATCH THE FUCKING AFCCG?

They have only got better...you guys can keep being delusional about it, it's fine...

They're going to get home field because their division and schedule is a joke. Do you really think we're going to go to Foxboro with Bashaud Breeland, Mo Claiborne, Ward, and Fuller and stop their offense?

Jesus Christ people...

staylor26
09-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Yea I watched the AFCCG. We all did. It was literally a game of inches.

So what if they got better? So did we.

Sorry
09-17-2019, 02:59 PM
DID YOU WATCH THE ****ING AFCCG?

They have only got better...you guys can keep being delusional about it, it's fine...

They're going to get home field because their division and schedule is a joke. Do you really think we're going to go to Foxboro with Bashaud Breeland, Mo Claiborne, Ward, and Fuller and stop their offense?

Jesus Christ people...

It's possible. Brady is brady, but his arm won't be as sharp in the winter. Mahomes is an MVP and will likely be back to back if he keeps up his performances. Bel is a master as getting his defense to go God Tier in the playoffs, and it's smart not forget their rookie WR Harris will likely be back by then. However, the chiefs have a very good chance at beat the Pats at home with Kelce, Hill and watkins. Hell, chiefs had a chance to beat them with Smith lol.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 03:01 PM
It's possible. Brady is brady, but his arm won't be as sharp in the winter. Mahomes is an MVP and will likely be back to back if he keeps up his performances. Bel is a master as getting his defense to go God Tier in the playoffs, and it's smart not forget their rookie WR Harris will likely be back by then. However, the chiefs have a very good chance at beat the Pats at home with Kelce, Hill and watkins. Hell, chiefs had a chance to beat them with Smith lol.

I'd like our chances a lot more at Arrowhead but I'm just resigned to the game being in Foxboro...that joke of a schedule and division they have.

Halfcan
09-17-2019, 03:03 PM

Jesus Christ people...

Yeah, I watched them get several very questionable calls and get their asses smoked the second half. Brady looked like dogshit.

Chiefshrink
09-17-2019, 03:04 PM

Agreed.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I watched them get several very questionable calls and get their asses smoked the second half. Brady looked like dogshit.

Yeah he sure looked like shit in OT when he ass raped our defense and marched right down the fucking field.

Stop.

Chargem
09-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Steven Nelson covered AB last season primarily, and the Chiefs held him to 67 yards playing away in Pittsburgh. He's not the 2nd coming of Christ you (and he) think he is.

staylor26
09-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Yeah he sure looked like shit in OT when he ass raped our defense and marched right down the fucking field.

Stop.

It’s a completely different narrative if Dee Ford isn’t offsides. That would’ve been his 3rd pick. It actually should’ve been 4 because Berry dropped another.

He was not good in that game, he was just playing a terrible defense.

Amnorix
09-17-2019, 03:15 PM
Didn't we beat the Pats in their Home Opener recently with Alex Smith and a sketchy secondary- yep, we did.

They are not invincible.

Pats are not invincible. That said, no game in September 2017 will have much significance to a game in January 2020.

RunKC
09-17-2019, 03:15 PM
I think the loss of Gronk is bigger than the addition of AB, though AB is elite and they’ll have their 1st rd rookie receiver back at mid season.

We’ll be there at the end of the game with them. It just sucks that we’ll be playing in NE both times this year.

They have a cakewalk schedule. I mean goddamn look at their schedule. They don’t play anybody until Halloween.

Amnorix
09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
We don’t have to shut their offense down. We only have to outscore them. We just need some stops. The Pats have all kinds of injuries on an already bad OL.

Err...Pats OLine is excellent -- if they're healthy. No idea why you're suggesting they're bad. This isn't 2014/15 anymore. Scar is back and teh Oline has been great for a couple years now.

Their offense, while great on paper, is much older than ours and not nearly as explosive. We can beat anybody with this offense. That doesn’t mean we can’t use some help at corner, but we have yet to see what Claiborne brings and there are probably options other than Ramsey.

We got better on both sides of the ball after being inches away from those pillowbitergots and some of you are already throwing in the towel. Unbelievable.

Patriots defense is better than last year also. We'll see about the offense. Losing Gronk was a blow, but 2018 Gronk wasn't GRONK anyway, and if AB is available and integrates well, he could more than replace him.

Right now, the biggest question mark is the OLine's health. That's a concern. And, of course, the Pats do have an older team, so staying healthy across the board is a bit harder than with a younger team.

Halfcan
09-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Yeah he sure looked like shit in OT when he ass raped our defense and marched right down the ****ing field.

Stop.

I feel bad for you that you can't enjoy the season because you are scared of the Pats.

You are saying since the Pats beat us- they will always beat us. I am sure nobody in the Chief's organization feels this way. The Pats literally had every single thing go their way in that game- from the horrible calls to the coin toss. Same with the meeting earlier last year. Our offense is going to shred that defense this year and Brady is going to look like the statue he is.

Amnorix
09-17-2019, 03:21 PM
I feel bad for you that you can't enjoy the season because you are scared of the Pats.

You are saying since the Pats beat us- they will always beat us. I am sure nobody in the Chief's organization feels this way. The Pats literally had every single thing go their way in that game- from the horrible calls to the coin toss. Same with the meeting earlier last year. Our offense is going to shred that defense this year and Brady is going to look like the statue he is.

I look forward to the matchup. I doubt you will blow the Pats out as you seem to be expecting.

Kiimo
09-17-2019, 03:22 PM
Pats OL just got worse, btw

Halfcan
09-17-2019, 03:24 PM
Err...Pats OLine is excellent -- if they're healthy. No idea why you're suggesting they're bad. This isn't 2014/15 anymore. Scar is back and teh Oline has been great for a couple years now.

Patriots defense is better than last year also. We'll see about the offense. Losing Gronk was a blow, but 2018 Gronk wasn't GRONK anyway, and if AB is available and integrates well, he could more than replace him.

Right now, the biggest question mark is the OLine's health. That's a concern. And, of course, the Pats do have an older team, so staying healthy across the board is a bit harder than with a younger team.

Of course, their defense looks better- playing two horrific teams to start the year.

You still get to play the shitty Bills twice, Jets twice and fire-sale Dolphins again- to pad your defensive stats.

Wait until you have to play a real offense that can score more in 1 quarter than those teams an entire game.

staylor26
09-17-2019, 03:25 PM

You have backup level players all over your OL except for Mason. Your OL is not good.

Wallcrawler
09-17-2019, 03:27 PM
I look forward to the matchup. I doubt you will blow the Pats out as you seem to be expecting.

Dear Amnorix,

Fuck your cheating cunt team.

Signed,

Everyone.

Jerm
09-17-2019, 03:27 PM

I'm enjoying the season just fine lol...I'm also realistic in thinking hey if we don't add a top tier CB we aren't beating them, esp. away from home.

I mean if that's a crazy take ok so be it...I don't think it is.

RunKC
09-17-2019, 03:31 PM
You have backup level players all over your OL except for Mason. Your OL is not good.

Joe Thuney is very good. Cannon, him and Mason are good starters, but the other 2 being out hurts.

Losing Gronk as a blocker is huge too

chinaski
09-17-2019, 03:51 PM

My nextdoor neighbor is a psychic. She went on a vision quest at the Liberty Memorial after eating some rancid food from Furs Cafeteria. She said that Antonio Brown is going to spontaneously combust from farting after rubbing one out on your moms back.

Ubeja Vontell
09-17-2019, 03:55 PM
They had the 31 ranked D in the NFL last season and came how close to the SB? Obviously with a better D..................

Jerm
09-17-2019, 04:02 PM
My nextdoor neighbor is a psychic. She went on a vision quest at the Liberty Memorial after eating some rancid food from Furs Cafeteria. She said that Antonio Brown is going to spontaneously combust from farting after rubbing one out on your moms back.

Oh a mom joke...ha ha what a fucking funny guy. Hilarious.

So again, like I've asked multiple times...who's covering AB? Gordon? Edelman?

Are you gonna act like the secondary is fine but but then go into the AFCCG thread and bitch and whine about how Veach didn't fix the secondary and he's an idiot if they beat us again?

jerryaldini
09-17-2019, 04:13 PM
This would look better if NE's defensive and overall DVOA weren't so much better. Since DVOA is benchmarked to opponent quality, how is that measured so early in the season? Does it use historic data?

If you just look at yards per play the Chiefs defense is still bottom 5 so far. I do understand DVOA makes lots of adjustments to consider impact of those yards.

chinaski
09-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Oh a mom joke...ha ha what a ****ing funny guy. Hilarious.

So again, like I've asked multiple times...who's covering AB? Gordon? Edelman?

Are you gonna act like the secondary is fine but but then go into the AFCCG thread and bitch and whine about how Veach didn't fix the secondary and he's an idiot if they beat us again?

Look, you have a valid point. I get it. Everybody around here has been hot dipped in shit regarding this issue all off-season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for a CB. At the same time we won't see what we have in Liz Claiborne for another 4 games. I'm at a loss. It's concerning, but I'm just a fan...so what the fuck am I suppose to do about it? Bitch about it on Chiefs Planet?

Jerm
09-17-2019, 04:29 PM
Look, you have a valid point. I get it. Everybody around here has been hot dipped in shit regarding this issue all off-season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for a CB. At the same time we won't see what we have in Liz Claiborne for another 4 games. I'm at a loss. It's concerning, but I'm just a fan...so what the fuck am I suppose to do about it? Bitch about it on Chiefs Planet?

LOL fair enough...

https://media.tenor.com/images/53b4da7400234b73dd603d85e936faf3/tenor.gif

Easy 6
09-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Pats OL just got worse, btw

There’s always that to feel good about, not to mention the possibility Goodell drops the hammer on AB

He is surely factoring in more than just the alleged sexual assault, there is so much smoke swirling around AB right now you’d need a respirator to walk through it

Does the NFL want that stain on its 100 year anniversary?

RaidersOftheCellar
09-17-2019, 04:39 PM
OR and I know this may take comprehension above your level...it may be the ****ing truth if you're looking at this objectively.

Sorry big guy...excuse me....YEAH WE'RE GONNA WIN EVERY ****ING SUPER BOWL UNTIL THE END OF TIME...HURRR HURRR HURR...YAY CHIEFS.

Better?

The Patriots scored at will on the Chiefs last year. How much worse could it get?

Not to mention, unless Brady's arm is magically rejuvenated this year (wouldn't be surprised), I don't think we have to worry about Brown burning us over the top very often.

Btw, Brown isn't the only factor here. Our D is improved and will likely get better throughout the season. Plus, Gronk is out of the equation. He was a huge factor in our matchups, even last year.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-17-2019, 04:51 PM

Jesus Christ people...

We don't need to stop them.

Mahomes had his worst half of the season in Foxboro last year, and we still nearly walked away with a victory. Then, of course, the Dee Ford episode, which followed an awful first half offensively. If anything, the emphasis should be on cleaning up the offensive mistakes. That's something we're more than capable of doing.

But I'm absolutely confident that this defense will be much better this winter than last. And if NE's line is banged up, that's more important than Antonio Brown.

Chris Meck
09-18-2019, 08:30 AM
guys, the Patriots haven't played anybody yet.

Pittsburgh? This season, more like Shittsburgh.

Miami would get whooped by a decent college team.

they're the champs until they're not, but your fear is irrational and an overreaction. We're better than we were in January. By quite a lot. And we'll be better in December and January than we are now.

scho63
09-18-2019, 09:52 AM
I think we even have a better O this year!