PDA

View Full Version : Football Lamar Jackson

Pages : [1] 2

Hamwallet
09-22-2019, 02:49 PM
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.

Bewbies
09-22-2019, 02:50 PM
I am thrilled he is their QB. Mahomes is never going to lose to him.

MahiMike
09-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Can't throw still.

eDave
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.

He stunk man. No accuracy, bailed out, etc.

Just no.

DaFace
22/43, 267 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 70.6 rating

Color me unimpressed. He's a gimmick QB who is destined for a short, albeit flashy, career.

TLO

Meh. He's an elite talent, but an average QB. IDK if that'll ever change.

Setsuna
He's Flacco basically but younger and more mobile. That's pretty much it. He lives on the deep ball. Without it he's mediocre.

smithandrew051
09-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Is their defense all that great? Back to back games of giving up 350+ passing yards.

Bump
09-22-2019, 02:52 PM
I'm not gonna say he's bad, he's pretty good but he was lucky as hell today and threw zero TDs and had two of the luckiest plays I ever seen.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2019, 02:53 PM

Color me unimpressed. He's a gimmick QB who is destined for a short, albeit flashy, career.

He’s not horrible. He’s still raw. But because he’s so athletic, he will always be able to keep games interesting.

notorious
He isn't legit. Lucky mother fucker keeps throwing ducks.

eDave
I'm not gonna say he's bad, he's pretty good but he was lucky as hell today and threw zero TDs and had two of the luckiest plays I ever seen.

He will get all the escalades too.

smithandrew051
My balls would retreat into my chest if Mahomes took the hits that Jackson takes.

If harbaugh really believes that Jackson can be a true NFL QB then he needs to quit running him so much.

The Ravens would be worse in the short term, but they would extend his career.

He WILL NOT last in this league by playing this way.

bricks
09-22-2019, 02:54 PM
That guy is a heck of an athlete. Damn he is elusive and tough to sack back there.

jerryaldini
09-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Will be injured. Can't let QB run like that. No accuracy.

T-post Tom
09-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of Cam, when he came out. Harbaugh and Jackson is a good combo. Could not agree with some of Harbaugh's decisions, but I understand why he made them.

Molitoth
He is a slithery fellow, but he is also lucky as fuck on 2 incredibly sloppy bullshit passes.

eDave
My balls would retreat into my chest if Mahomes took the hits that Jackson takes.

If harbaugh really believes that Jackson can be a true NFL QB then he needs to quit running him so much.

The Ravens would be worse in the short term, but they would extend his career.

He WILL NOT last in this league by playing this way.

Pat is taking way to many. Some cheap.

Hamwallet
He had to run the plays he was given. How many 4th downs did they go for it? Just saying. He is better then Flacco and they build monster defenses.

Supmarkus
Is their defense all that great? Back to back games of giving up 350+ passing yards.

To some extent this is a product of having a circus offence. We suffered from it (though or D last year stank) as did the Rams

DRM08
09-22-2019, 02:56 PM
He's Flacco basically but younger and more mobile. That's pretty much it. He lives on the deep ball. Without it he's mediocre.

He doesn't have Flacco's arm.

TLO
09-22-2019, 02:56 PM
He kind of reminds me of Tyler Thigpen.

FloridaMan88
09-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Lamar Jackson needs to play with a lead and not in long yardage situations.

He still is limited when the Ravens are in forced in passing situations... even with some lucky plays today.

lcarus
09-22-2019, 02:58 PM
I can't believe we let him get away with throwing up those duck prayers. It took them 2 lucky hail marys just to make this a ball game.

St. Patty's Fire
09-22-2019, 02:59 PM
barely 50% completion

He’s a fraud. Got bailed out on some miracle lucky plays

ljmhawk
09-22-2019, 02:59 PM
He had to run the plays he was given. How many 4th downs did they go for it? Just saying. He is better then Flacco and they build monster defenses.

he’s better than flacco now, but overall he isn’t even close.

Naptown Chief
09-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Sucks.

wazu
09-22-2019, 03:00 PM
He's good. He trusts his abilities and makes plays, giving his offense a chance time and again. He's not Mahomes, but if Mahomes didn't exist and Lamar was our QB instead I think we'd be loving the guy.

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Lucky ducks.

JEWDONG JACKSON NOT SEXY MAN THROWING.

PHOG
09-22-2019, 03:02 PM
I'm still pretty much skeptical. If he keeps playing this style, he won't be around long.

lcarus
09-22-2019, 03:03 PM
I hope I'm wrong but New England is gonna shut Jackson down.

Easy 6
Freakish athlete, no question about it... he juked several of our guys straight outta their jockstraps today

But I knew the passing numbers would come back to earth today, he finally met a decent defense and couldn’t go off again

Still needs a lotta work in the pocket, and he is also likely to get killed just like his backup from being used in the run game too much

Hamwallet
He's good. He trusts his abilities and makes plays, giving his offense a chance time and again. He's not Mahomes, but if Mahomes didn't exist and Lamar was our QB instead I think we'd be loving the guy.

Exactly. We have Mahomes. I thought Lamar was a 3 year and out of the league... I was impressed today.

wazu
09-22-2019, 03:04 PM
I will say that I see no scenario where Lamar is still playing when he is 37 years old. I think his career will burn bright while he's under the age of 30, though. Thinking Cam Newton.

FringeNC
09-22-2019, 03:05 PM

I thought exactly the opposite. He's improved from last year, but is hardly the superstar in making that I heard on all the pregame hype. He threw the ball up for grabs multiple times, and is lucky he didn't up with a terrible stat line.

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Freakish athlete, no question about it... he juked several of our guys straight outta their jockstraps today

But I knew the passing numbers would come back to earth today, he finally met a decent defense and couldn’t go off again

Still needs a lotta work in the pocket, and he is also likely to get killed just like his backup from being used in the run game too much

Amazing how it goes when you're not playing the Dolphins and Cardinals, eh?

Cardinals have up a TD to the rookie JAGscrub starting for Carolina today...

DRM08
09-22-2019, 03:06 PM
I will say that I see no scenario where Lamar is still playing when he is 37 years old. I think his career will burn bright while he's under the age of 30, though. Thinking Cam Newton.

Yep. Ravens using his athleticism to their strongest advantage right now, but it will do him no favors in attempting a long career.

chinaski

This. Totally this.

A few of those throws/catches were miracles. Like Cairo Santos "doink" type miracles.

smithandrew051
Exactly. We have Mahomes. I thought Lamar was a 3 year and out of the league... I was impressed today.

Wait for the injuries to start piling up. Unless he drastically changes his style of play, it’ll be a short career.

rabblerouser
I thought exactly the opposite. He's improved from last year, but is hardly the superstar in making that I heard on all the pregame hype. He threw the ball up for grabs multiple times, and is lucky he didn't up with a terrible stat line.

Honey Badger almost had a couple of those ducks.

Shaid
Great running ability but he literally tossed 2 long stinkers where he practically closed his eyes and they got caught. Very lucky today. He's on a team that is built for him and that will keep things going well but you stop that running game and force him to play quarterback, it doesn't look so good.

CervezaChill
09-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Not bad for a running back.

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Great running ability but he literally tossed 2 long stinkers where he practically closed his eyes and they got caught. Very lucky today. He's on a team that is built for him and that will keep things going well but you stop that running game and force him to play quarterback, it doesn't look so good.

We never stopped their running game today, and he still stunk up the joint.

petegz28
79 yards and 0 TD's.....STELLAR!

keg in kc
He didn't have a good day today, at all, and we're not exactly an elite defense at this point. It took two lame duck hail marys to get him over 250, and he didn't really do anything notable running the ball until the very end of the game. He's got a lot of work to do on his accuracy before he's a passing threat, so I think you do exactly what we did: spy him, to stop him running, which hurts you against the running back part of the running game, but keeps him contained. And he just isn't all that much of a threat throwing the ball on broken plays. His two hail mary throws were so ugly that I was legit embarrassed that we allowed the receivers to catch them.

WhiteWhale

He had like 100 yards on the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen. His WR's were fielding them like ****ing punt returns.

I can't believe the shit that allowed this game to even be in doubt. It's not like he was making plays. He was throwing up idiot passes that made Deshaun Watson's prayer 50/50 balls look like calculated precision passing.

Good god.

And the first one was OBVIOUSLY offensive PI. If two hands to the chest and full extension on the push off doesn't qualify, I dunno what does.

chiefzilla1501
Lamar Jackson couldn't go toe to toe with Mahomes.. But who besides Brady can right now? Those comparisons were stupid. But he's going to be really tough to stop for most games where Baltimore can control TOP. Mahomes dominance took lamar out of his game. I also thought lamar looked pretty solid today.

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 03:09 PM
He had like 100 yards on the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen. His WR's were fielding them like ****ing punt returns.

I can't believe the shit that allowed this game to even be in doubt. It's not like he was making plays. He was throwing up idiot passes that made Deshaun Watson's prayer 50/50 balls look like calculated precision passing.

Good god.this.

WhiteWhale
09-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Lamar Jackson couldn't go toe to toe with Mahomes.. But who besides Brady can right now? Those comparisons were stupid. But he's going to be really tough to stop for most games where Baltimore can control TOP. Mahomes dominance took lamar out of his game. I also thought lamar looked pretty solid today.

I thought he was absolutely terrible outside of some lucky ducks he tossed in the 4th. Until then he was under 50% passing, less than 5 yards per attempt. He was shit for 3 quarters and simply lucky in the 4th.

smithandrew051
09-22-2019, 03:13 PM

Brady can’t go toe to toe with Mahomes. Bill Belichik can.

Shaid
09-22-2019, 03:13 PM
We never stopped their running game today, and he still stunk up the joint.

He was forced to play qb a bit though because they had to play catch up.

Simply Red
09-22-2019, 03:15 PM
he's a piece of shit

KChiefs1
09-22-2019, 03:16 PM
He got lucky on a couple of punt throws.

Simply Red
09-22-2019, 03:18 PM
JK I feel about how Daface feels w/ his comment, about him.

KCUnited
09-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Dude's a solid running back who's good at connecting on passes to TE and other RB's. He's also good at wasting a Super Bowl defense and wide receivers.

smithandrew051
09-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Yep. Ravens using his athleticism to their strongest advantage right now, but it will do him no favors in attempting a long career.

So much this. Running Jackson gives them a better chance to win today, but will screw his career in the long run.

A pocket passer with Jackson’s athleticism that only runs when the play breaks down would be an incredible weapon.

Harbaugh should concede the present to develop Jackson as a better passer, but he won’t. It will be a short career.

PAChiefsGuy
09-22-2019, 03:21 PM
Decent QB. Like a more mobile Big Ben with less accuracy. Great at extending plays.

Megatron96
09-22-2019, 03:22 PM
He's an incredible athlete and runner. That last TD run was truly a thing of beauty.

He has a live arm, but his accuracy is still in doubt, though better than last year. He's apparently trying to learn to read defenses, but still has a long way to go.

He is learning though. Slowly right now, but he just might learn to be a decent passer.

And he's tough-minded. He never showed any quit or frustration; he just kept coming. And he's really hungry.

Bottom line, there's a lot of raw talent in Lamar, and contrary to what some seem to think, I believe that he's smart enough to figure out how to be a better pocket passer in the near future.

KCUnited
09-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Lamar pre-snap

https://i.imgur.com/NWIJZZX.jpg?1

Mama Hip Rockets
09-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Lamar Jackson sucks. About half of his yards came on horrible throws that were terribly misplayed by the defense. Charvarius Ward missed the easiest interception possible and knocked it into the receiver's hands for a huge gain. Jackson was overthrowing by several yards on most of his deep balls.

smithandrew051
09-22-2019, 03:27 PM
He's an incredible athlete and runner. That last TD run was truly a thing of beauty.

He has a live arm, but his accuracy is still in doubt, though better than last year. He's apparently trying to learn to read defenses, but still has a long way to go.

He is learning though. Slowly right now, but he just might learn to be a decent passer.

And he's tough-minded. He never showed any quit or frustration; he just kept coming. And he's really hungry.

Bottom line, there's a lot of raw talent in Lamar, and contrary to what some seem to think, I believe that he's smart enough to figure out how to be a better pocket passer in the near future.

I don’t doubt that he has the ability to be a good QB. I doubt that he will stay healthy long enough to learn. He almost has as many rushing attempts in his career as Damien Williams, which doesn’t include the sacks, QB hits, etc. That is a lot of contact for a QB to take.

There’s a reason that Brady is playing in his mid 40’s and most running backs don’t see 30.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Good god.

And the first one was OBVIOUSLY offensive PI. If two hands to the chest and full extension on the push off doesn't qualify, I dunno what does.

And even with those 100 lucky yards, his stat line was still trash.

Megatron96
09-22-2019, 03:30 PM
I don’t doubt that he has the ability to be a good QB. I doubt that he will stay healthy long enough to learn. He almost has as many rushing attempts in his career as Damien Williams, which doesn’t include the sacks, QB hits, etc. That is a lot of contact for a QB to take.

There’s a reason that Brady is playing in his mid 40’s and most running backs don’t see 30.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well. He can't expect to last very long in the NFL taking the hits he's taking currently. But he's not planning to. He's said that he's working to become more of a true QB. We'll just have to see if he can do it.

siberian khatru
09-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Great wheels, suspect arm. Rinse, repeat.

Pablo
09-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Shitty loser who will string along those purple morons for five years. They deserve him.

Kman34
09-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Meh.... Will lose his starting spot due to injury and out of the league in 5 or 6 years...

Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as MAHOMES...

BigCatDaddy
09-22-2019, 04:38 PM
A poor mans Mike Vick.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Meh.... Will lose his starting spot due to injury and out of the league in 5 or 6 years...

Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as MAHOMES...

Who is mentioning him in the same breathe as Mahomes?

Kman34
09-22-2019, 04:48 PM
Who is mentioning him in the same breathe as Mahomes?

All we heard from the talking heads last week..Lamar is in the MVP race.. Jackson vs Mahomes..... Jackson will light up that defense.
Bunch of bullshit...
He's not close to Mahomes skill level... He's a oddity that will flame out...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 04:50 PM
dunno what they showed on the broadcast but he missed several open guys for TDs

he sucks

destitute man's mahomes with more speed

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-22-2019, 04:52 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/xLpq7oqtvtvXHCLn6

BossChief
09-22-2019, 04:54 PM
He’s RG3 before the blown knee.

It’s only a matter of time till he’s the current RG3.

Chiefshrink
09-22-2019, 05:00 PM

Wait for the injuries to start piling up. Unless he drastically changes his style of play, it’ll be a short career.

If Lamar chooses not to be a student of the game just as Cam has not chosen to be then he will eventually be like Cam as well with many others(Vick, V Young,RGIII,Kapernick etc.....) still doing the "if the hot read is not there just take off") routine. Cam got majorly exposed in the SB by Wade. Wade figured out this kid can't read a defense and manipulate(audible/adjust). Cam has not been the same since and he is smoke screening his inability to go the next level of QBing with injuries along the way as excuses why his play has not been good. Cam's confidence is shot IMHO. If Cam were to humble himself and become a true student of the game and worry less about his post game fashion show that borders on if not outright "transvestite cravings" he will be a much better QB. Cam was successful early because many teams had not played against him and those that did were lower tier teams.

Lamar is a heckuva backyard QB no doubt, but as some of you said earlier it only goes so far.:shrug:

In fairness to Vick, Vick said he did not become a real NFL QB until Reid got a hold of him.

09-22-2019, 05:47 PM
barely 50% completion

He’s a fraud. Got bailed out on some miracle lucky playsOne of which should have been OPI

carcosa
09-22-2019, 05:52 PM
I wasn't particularly impressed.

duncan_idaho
09-22-2019, 06:32 PM
I wasn’t really impressed. His accuracy is solid when throwing over the middle with his feet set, or when throwing short while rolling to his right.

The deep balls were scattershot.

The 4th down throw into his receivers feet was particularly awful. Alex Smith-esque.

He reminded me a lot of Alex Smith, actually. Arm strength is what smith’s was before that should injury.

I think you can win games with him in the regular season but don’t see someone who would really threaten an elite team in the playoffs.

Chiefspants
09-22-2019, 06:37 PM
I wasn’t really impressed. His accuracy is solid when throwing over the middle with his feet set, or when throwing short while rolling to his right.

The 4th down throw into his receivers feet was particularly awful. Alex Smith-esque.

He reminded me a lot of Alex Smith, actually. Arm strength is what smith’s was before that should injury.

I think you can win games with him in the regular season but don’t see someone who would really threaten an elite team in the playoffs.

Once Alex stopped running the ball teams were able to just cue in on him in high leverage spots. It was excruciating to watch (looking at you, 2nd half of the Titans playoff game).

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 06:42 PM
i mean the guy didn't throw a TD

this isn't a discussion

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 06:45 PM
He can throw really well...FOR A RUNNING BACK.

notorious
09-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Why did the Ravens keep direct snapping to their running back?

It was odd to say the least.

rabblerouser
09-22-2019, 06:51 PM

ROFL
LMAO

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 07:02 PM
I thought he was absolutely terrible outside of some lucky ducks he tossed in the 4th. Until then he was under 50% passing, less than 5 yards per attempt. He was shit for 3 quarters and simply lucky in the 4th.

If Harbaugh called every drive like the first drive of each half where he just wore you down and beat you mercilessly with TOP, lamar would be a nightmare to stop. He only needs the deep passing game to be just effective enough to allow them to beat you to a pulp with the running game. But Harbaugh couldn't do that. Because all it took was us to take one lead and get one defensive stop, and we knocked Harbaugh off his gameplan.

I guess you could call that a system qb. But mahomes killed Harbaughs chances of running that system. And Harbaugh knew that right away. There's a reason Harbaugh kept taking huge gambles early in the game.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Basically, the ravens make you play a marathon and for most opponents, that's good enough. They can't compete with a team like the Chiefs that force them to sprint.

JakeF
09-22-2019, 07:05 PM
He's a better runner than a thrower.

Very elusive, I think Okafor is still looking for his jock out there.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 07:08 PM

Except that he's 10 times more athletic, is surrounded by one hell of a power running game Harbaugh runs, and has a solid defense to back him up. The formula beat the chargers to a pulp last playoff. And that was a much worse version of lamar Jackson last season. They'll be a tough matchup for any team that isn't the Patriots or chiefs. I think we're basing a lot of our judgment of the ravens on how they performed against a chiefs team that is basically their kryptonite.

dannybcaitlyn
09-22-2019, 07:09 PM
The guy is talented and I’m sure a headache for D-coordinators. Only problem is the way Harbaugh is using him he will not last long.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 07:11 PM
The guy is talented and I’m sure a headache for D-coordinators. Only problem is the way Harbaugh is using him he will not last long.

There's also that. I really can't imagine the guy will last very long. I don't fault Harbaugh. It's the only real way yoi CAN use him.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-22-2019, 07:56 PM
He didn't have a good day today, at all, and we're not exactly an elite defense at this point. It took two lame duck hail marys to get him over 250, and he didn't really do anything notable running the ball until the very end of the game. He's got a lot of work to do on his accuracy before he's a passing threat, so I think you do exactly what we did: spy him, to stop him running, which hurts you against the running back part of the running game, but keeps him contained. And he just isn't all that much of a threat throwing the ball on broken plays. His two hail mary throws were so ugly that I was legit embarrassed that we allowed the receivers to catch them.

It was embarrassing. OPI or no, you can’t allow a wobbly duck that hangs for an eternity to be caught. Both should have been picked off. Batted down at worst.

YontsRBake
09-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Lmao he looked terrible.

He couldn’t throw anything other than drags and TE curl routes in the 1st half when we were actually being aggressive on defense and he only started moving the ball when we started playing the relax soft zone prevent sh1t we always do when we have leads like 30-13.

Ravens won’t even win 8 games this year.

RJ
09-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Is Lamar Jackson greater than, lesser than or same as Michael Vick?

Obviously Vick is the best comp we have. Both are fast and elusive with strong arms.

I give the edge to Lamar. Their type of game is better suited to the NFL than when Vick came into the league.

He runs a lot but he's also really good at avoiding contact. The hardest hits he's taken this season have been in the pocket.

He's nothing like Mahomes and the comparison is unfair. But he might be better than any of the other young QB's over the next 5-7 years.

xztop123
09-22-2019, 08:14 PM
This ravens team may be more complete than we are overall.

They’re literally copying our offensive concepts

Obviously jackson is a decent passer, put on his college and first 2 weeks of tape.

But the offense he’s in is way more advanced than offenses were when Vick was playing, allowing to exploit running better.

I really need to see a rematch with hill and fisher and them with their cab.

I honestly hope it isn’t in the playoffs I want them and NE to battle that one out

Their front 4 get insane pressure especially early in the game.

MightyMouse
09-22-2019, 08:17 PM
The highlights of the first couple games I thought the ball seemed to be coming out better and he was becoming a better passer. They played crap teams so the stats didn’t mean much but the ball was coming out better. That was not the case today. If it wasn’t for luck and a missed offense PI then the score would have been different and his stats would have been awe full. Hollywood can play and if they add another weapon then can be successful but I was unimpressed with his arm today compared to the hype of how much better he has looked this year

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Lmao he looked terrible.

He couldn’t throw anything other than drags and TE curl routes in the 1st half when we were actually being aggressive on defense and he only started moving the ball when we started playing the relax soft zone prevent sh1t we always do when we have leads like 30-13.

Ravens won’t even win 8 games this year.

That's crazy talk. They are an elite running team with a great defense. And lamar in that system is dangerous even if he's not a great passer. You force him to pass first and sprint to points and they're not good. They're not a bad team. We're just that good and their worst possible matchup.

YontsRBake
09-22-2019, 08:21 PM

Obviously jackson is a decent passer, put on his college and first 2 weeks of tape.

But the offense he’s in is way more advanced than offenses were when Vick was playing, allowing to exploit running better.

I honestly hope it isn’t in the playoffs I want them and NE to battle that one out

Lmao stop. The team that struggled to beat the Cardinals last week is not more complete than us because they played a full desperation game against us, going on 4th and going for 2 every drive cause they didn’t think they could stop KCs O, and threw drags for 10 yards vs our prevent D after being locked 3/4 of the game. They won’t even win their own division while we’ll be 14-2.

YontsRBake
09-22-2019, 08:27 PM
That's crazy talk. They are an elite running team with a great defense. And lamar in that system is dangerous even if he's not a great passer. You force him to pass first and sprint to points and they're not good. They're not a bad team. We're just that good and their worst possible matchup.

I think we are that good but really didn’t play that well today. We’ll see how this plays out but I think the Ravens are way overrated.

carcosa
09-22-2019, 08:28 PM

Lol no

WhiteWhale
09-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Except that he's 10 times more athletic, is surrounded by one hell of a power running game Harbaugh runs, and has a solid defense to back him up. The formula beat the chargers to a pulp last playoff. And that was a much worse version of lamar Jackson last season. They'll be a tough matchup for any team that isn't the Patriots or chiefs. I think we're basing a lot of our judgment of the ravens on how they performed against a chiefs team that is basically their kryptonite.

What?!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201901060rav.htm

Jackson had like 29 yards in the first 3 quarters and was obscenely lucky in the 4th much in the same way he was lucky against KC with some awful prayers that were fortunately answered for him.

It was one of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen from a QB. Not Matt Cassel in 2010 bad, but bad.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 08:33 PM
What?!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201901060rav.htm

Lamar was really really really bad that game. He is much better than he was that game. If lamar was even below average, the ravens win in a blowout. They annihilated Baltimore in every aspect except the passing game. I really doubt Baltimore can beat NE and kc will be even tougher when we're fully stocked. But they're a tough matchup for a lot of teams.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 08:38 PM
I think we are that good but really didn’t play that well today. We’ll see how this plays out but I think the Ravens are way overrated.

It just speaks to how much more we should have blown this apart. We're a really bad matchup for Baltimore. But put them up against Houston or the chargers or Cleveland... Different ballgame. The minute we took the lead we took Baltimore off their game. Harbaugh knew it. That's why he gambled like a drunk. Thankful for spags stepping up. If Baltimore had a second and third drive like the first, our defense would be sledding uphill the rest of the game. I don't think it's wrong to rate the ravens as a tough playoff team nowhere in the same league as NE or kc.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 08:41 PM

Obviously Vick is the best comp we have. Both are fast and elusive with strong arms.

I give the edge to Lamar. Their type of game is better suited to the NFL than when Vick came into the league.

He runs a lot but he's also really good at avoiding contact. The hardest hits he's taken this season have been in the pocket.

He's nothing like Mahomes and the comparison is unfair. But he might be better than any of the other young QB's over the next 5-7 years.

No fucking way.

When Vick set his feet he was extremely accurate, and he had maybe the strongest arm in league history.

Lamar's accuracy is just all over the place even with set feet. He has a very good arm, but not Mahomian.

Lamar Jackson is just RGIII all over again. It won't be long before he breaks.

chiefsfan15
most overrated player in the NFL?

WhiteWhale
Lamar was really really really bad that game. He is much better than he was that game. If lamar was even below average, the ravens win in a blowout. They annihilated Baltimore in every aspect except the passing game. I really doubt Baltimore can beat NE and kc will be even tougher when we're fully stocked. But they're a tough matchup for a lot of teams.

I agree with your conclusion that the Raven are a solid team. No question Lamar is better.

I'm just saying the Chargers HANDLED the Ravens.

Lamar is often powered by blind luck, and that shit will run out. He was terrible today. Far worse than his stat line indicates. Just a few plays drop differently he ends up with 140 yards and 3 INT's.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 08:48 PM
No ****ing way.

When Vick set his feet he was extremely accurate, and he had maybe the strongest arm in league history.

Lamar's accuracy is just all over the place even with set feet. He has a very good arm, but not Mahomian.

Vick would be really good in Harbaughs system. I don't think lamar could succeed in many systems. But Harbaugh built a really good system for him. He is built better to last longer than RGIII. But yeah, doubt he can do this for very long.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-22-2019, 08:52 PM
He has the luck of Tebow

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 09:04 PM
I agree with your conclusion that the Raven are a solid team. No question Lamar is better.

I'm just saying the Chargers HANDLED the Ravens.

Lamar is often powered by blind luck, and that shit will run out. He was terrible today. Far worse than his stat line indicates. Just a few plays drop differently he ends up with 140 yards and 3 INT's.

But again, he took risks today he isn't normally going to take. The Chiefs took him off his game. Against most teams, the ravens will churn out 10+ play drives that wear you out. Why do you think Harbaugh kept going for it. He knew the only way to win was to exhaust our defense. The minute we took the first lead Baltimore got taken out of their game. Even last year when defenses gave zero fucks about lamars passing game they were still the #1 rushing team in the NFL. All he has to do is be good enough as a passer for defenses to give half a fuck.

But not against NE and KC. They want to beat you in a marathon. You can't ask a marathoner to start in a sprint. And that's what we did today.

wazu
09-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Two years in a row the Ravens have come into Arrowhead, and both times it was a white knuckle experience beating this guy. This year their defense let go of their pass rushers, but it was still tough. Chiefs are the better team, but once again I'd rather not face these guys in the postseason.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Two years in a row the Ravens have come into Arrowhead, and both times it was a white knuckle experience beating this guy. This year their defense let go of their pass rushers, but it was still tough. Chiefs are the better team, but once again I'd rather not face these guys in the postseason.

Oh please. This wasn't remotely like last year.

Last year Mahomes had to pull an amazing play out of his butt to bring us from behind.

This year we got away ahead and they got two garbage time TDs thanks to ridiculous 50/50 jump balls. They were shot with luck, and we just needed one play to slice their throats.

The Ravens were lucky to be in that game at the end.

They're a good team, but not in the Chiefs' league - next time we play them they won't be so lucky. If their QB could throw deep with any kind of consistency maybe I'd fear them.

Especially with a full strength Chiefs offense. We'll blow the fucking doors off that team. When it was 30-13 we were on the verge of doing that anyway - they just pulled a couple miracles out their ass.

Halfcan
09-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Jackson was lucky that he did not have at least 3 interceptions. He had zero touch on the deep ball. The refs let their O line hold all day- it was ridiculous.

The talk of Jackson being MVP over Mahomes this year- ended today.

RunKC
09-22-2019, 10:07 PM
No ****ing way.

Lamar will never be able to do this. This is why Vick was way better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Na4D5w46AGI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Literally no one is talking about Jackson now if you take out the Dolphins game.

He's just another running QB who happens to be OK at passing instead of a dumpster fire like most of them.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-22-2019, 10:10 PM
This was not a close game. If Andy had kept his foot on the gas and we didn’t go into prevent, it’s a three TD win.

chiefzilla1501
09-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Lamar will never be able to do this. This is why Vick was way better

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Na4D5w46AGI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But in terms of offensive fit, I also don't see Vick running the ball 15 times a game. And when we say running, we're talking running back like carries. For Harbaughs system specifically, lamar isn't a bad fit. Outside the system with a lesser defense and running game, can't imagine lamar would be that good.

Munson
09-22-2019, 10:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lamar Jackson falls to 8-2 as starting QB in the regular season. <br><br>Both losses to the Chiefs<br>in Kansas City.</p>&mdash; Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1175866652996464641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho
09-22-2019, 10:28 PM

You’re high.

Vick was superior in every way, save for not making dogs under each other.

DRM08
09-22-2019, 10:30 PM
most overrated player in the NFL?

Goff or Wentz. Flip a coin between those two.

PunkinDrublic
09-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Prime example of east coast media bias overhyping a player leading up to this game. If Lamar Jackson played in KC or another small media market they’d be saying tap the breaks on this kid and rightfully pointing out that he played really bad teams. Instead they were touting this as a future Brady/Manning rivalry.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2019, 10:38 PM
They'll really be mad next year when Mahomes lights up Baltimore.

Ubeja Vontell
09-23-2019, 02:08 AM
Jackson is actually ahead of Vick at the same stage of the career, which is how ya do this. One play away today from beating a great Chiefs team....on the road!

The guy is going to be just fine.

eDave
09-23-2019, 03:32 AM

Thought this was rainman.

duncan_idaho
09-23-2019, 07:35 AM
Jackson is actually ahead of Vick at the same stage of the career, which is how ya do this. One play away today from beating a great Chiefs team....on the road!

The guy is going to be just fine.

Holy hyperbole.

At what point were the Ravens a “play away” from beating the Chiefs yesterday? I must have missed them having the ball with even a chance to tie the game in the second half, let alone take the lead.

If you never have the ball with a chance to take the lead in the second half, you’re not one play away from winning.

Jackson is a solid QB but the narrative is awfully different if he doesn’t connect on 2 desperation heaves that were incredibly low percentage.

O.city
09-23-2019, 07:38 AM
He can't throw accurately from the pocket. He's an electric athlete that can throw a little.

It was pretty painfully obvious at the game yesterday, that he just can't sit in the pocket and throw.

Ubeja Vontell
09-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Holy hyperbole.

At what point were the Ravens a “play away” from beating the Chiefs yesterday? I must have missed them having the ball with even a chance to tie the game in the second half, let alone take the lead.

If you never have the ball with a chance to take the lead in the second half, you’re not one play away from winning.

Jackson is a solid QB but the narrative is awfully different if he doesn’t connect on 2 desperation heaves that were incredibly low percentage.

33-28....what does that tell you?

Chief RB fumbles, Raven defender scoop and score, yep, one play away.

Mecca
09-23-2019, 07:40 AM
Jackson will end up getting a serious injury, QB's that play that way get hurt.

Chris Meck
09-23-2019, 07:42 AM
Jackson will end up getting a serious injury, QB's that play that way get hurt.

Absolutely.

On the flip side, he's a unique enough talent that unless you have an elite offense, he can give you fits until they carry him off.

He'll win a lot of 20-17 games against the bulk of the league.

Ultimately, that ain't gonna get it done.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2019, 08:46 AM
You’re high.

Vick was superior in every way, save for not making dogs under each other.

Vick could not run like a running back. His body wouldn't take that kind of beating. Cam has the body to do it but he doesn't have lamars elusiveness. Lamar is unique because he's running the ball 15 times a game for an offense that is predictably run heavy and yet they still find ways to run extremely well. Of course he's not a great passer but the league is only asking him to be good enough. And as others have mentioned, doubtful he can do this for very long....

But the formula only works when their defense can make stops and the ravens can win TOP. they can't sprint. And that's why we pummeled them yesterday.

Talisman
09-23-2019, 08:57 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rJZNeN3.png

TEX
09-23-2019, 09:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rJZNeN3.png

LMAO Yep!

scho63
09-23-2019, 09:17 AM
If he develops accuracy with his throws, he will be great.

L.A. Chieffan
09-23-2019, 09:19 AM
I thought he was good. He got lucky on a couple of his jump balls but you can see the talent is definitely there.

MahomesMagic
09-23-2019, 09:23 AM
Lamar is much scarier to play against than many of the guys drafted before him in the 2018 draft.

Much rather play a QB without that mobility. Ravens had no intermediate passing game yesterday and the Chiefs did well in limiting the deep shots downfield.

Chiefs just took Ravens out of their game plan when they scored so quickly that it forced Ravens to play our game, not theirs.

chiefzilla1501
If he develops accuracy with his throws, he will be great.

Which is a big if. But by the team he does, he'll be out of the league with injury.

chiefzilla1501
Lamar is much scarier to play against than many of the guys drafted before him in the 2018 draft.

Much rather play a QB without that mobility. Ravens had no intermediate passing game yesterday and the Chiefs did well in limiting the deep shots downfield.

Chiefs just took Ravens out of their game plan when they scored so quickly that it forced Ravens to play our game, not theirs.

This

TEX
09-23-2019, 09:30 AM

True about the mobility aspect of Jackson. However, I think the Ravens came into the game playing OUR game, which is why they went for it in situations where they normally would not have. They knew they had to score a lot of points to have a chance. Wonder if we'll see more of that as the season progresses? Hope so. Means we have an advantage going in.

Gravedigger
09-23-2019, 09:33 AM
I think he's faced subpar competition so far this year and although improved from last year, is still the same QB when the game is on the line. Remember, even Cam Newton looked unbeatable at one point in his career. He's playing his way perfectly off his Rookie deal, but I'm not sold on him.

Munson
09-24-2019, 07:38 PM
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">If you enjoy HUGE hits and INSANE highlights, Follow me @jukedly , I Promise you won’t regret it. 🎒🦄</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/jukedly/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Football &amp; Sports Content 💯</a> (@jukedly) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2019-09-22T17:44:35+00:00">Sep 22, 2019 at 10:44am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Ubeja Vontell
09-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Check out where all the greats/legends with just two seasons of NFL football were at.

He's doing fine.

T-post Tom
09-24-2019, 07:46 PM
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uOn-OAQbl/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">If you enjoy HUGE hits and INSANE highlights, Follow me @jukedly , I Promise you won’t regret it. 🎒🦄</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/jukedly/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Football &amp; Sports Content 💯</a> (@jukedly) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2019-09-22T17:44:35+00:00">Sep 22, 2019 at 10:44am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

LMAO

Megatron96
09-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Considering he's only got 12 games or something like that under his belt, he's doing fine.

htismaqe
09-24-2019, 08:36 PM
If the guy has even decent accuracy, the Chiefs would have had their hands full. The dude's intermediate accuracy is awful. Horrible.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2019, 09:17 PM
He is never going to be an accurate passer and eventually he will lose that quickness. 3 or 4 years and the Ravens move on.

jjjayb
09-24-2019, 09:25 PM
It's amusing when people try to compare him to Mahomes. There's such a huge gap it's not even worthy of discussion. In the game against us you could see him TRYING to be like Mahomes. Running one way and throwing it the other. He got away with a couple of those that in all reality should have been picked. They were rainbows that the defenders had better chances of catching than the receivers. Fortunately for him, his guys came down with the ball. Unfortunately for him, that's going to give him more confidence in trying it. He's going to try that against a team with descent defenders and pay the price.

Now compare that to when Mahomes throws on the run or across his body. He still throws darts. The velocity and accuracy looks the same as when most QBs are throwing with perfect form.

Ubeja Vontell
09-24-2019, 09:25 PM
He is never going to be an accurate passer and eventually he will lose that quickness. 3 or 4 years and the Ravens move on.

Vick was averaging over 8 yards a carry at 33. The current World Champion 100m champ Justin Gatlin was 34.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2019, 09:29 PM
Vick was averaging over 8 yards a carry at 33. The current World Champion 100m champ Justin Gatlin was 34.

How old is Colin Kaepernick? Cam Newton? Name me all the run 1st QBs over 30 playing today and after that eat a dick.

Ubeja Vontell
09-24-2019, 09:57 PM
How old is Colin Kaepernick? Cam Newton? Name me all the run 1st QBs over 30 playing today and after that eat a dick.

Newton averaged over 7 yards a carry at 29.

The speed/quicks don't erode at 26ish, like you mentioned. Try 30ish.

I prefer the facts.

lcarus
09-24-2019, 10:07 PM
If the guy has even decent accuracy, the Chiefs would have had their hands full. The dude's intermediate accuracy is awful. Horrible.

That's why when they were behind in the 4th and HAD to score, they went back to what they are. A wildcat/run first team. It's just what they are and what he is. He can throw well enough to keep defenses guessing but on the 3rd/4th down plays where you know they're gonna throw, I like our chances. He got bailed out a few times in that game. Like...really really lucky. One of those plays looked like an obvious OPI but the refs didn't want it to be a blowout.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Newton averaged over 7 yards a carry at 29.

The speed/quicks don't erode at 26ish, like you mentioned. Try 30ish.

I prefer the facts.

I said 3 or 4 years and they move on. Stick to that fact. Nobody sticks with running QBs that can't throw for too long.

Ubeja Vontell
09-24-2019, 10:30 PM
I said 3 or 4 years and they move on. Stick to that fact. Nobody sticks with running QBs that can't throw for too long.

Jackson is 22 in 3/4 years...25/26. Most world class sprinters are just entering their prime at that age. Great Britians Linford Christie was 32 when he won the Olympic 100m in 1992.

Why try and compare any of these cats today to back in day? Who was Patrick Mahomes once upon a time? Jackson is obviously a different breed of cat.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2019, 10:49 PM
Jackson is 22 in 3/4 years...25/26. Most world class sprinters are just entering their prime at that age. Great Britians Linford Christie was 32 when he won the Olympic 100m in 1992.

Why try and compare any of these cats today to back in day? Who was Patrick Mahomes once upon a time? Jackson is obviously a different breed of cat.

JFC you're an idiot. LJ is what everyone thought he was when drafted. A gifted athlete trying to play QB but can't pass for shit.

Ubeja Vontell
09-24-2019, 10:53 PM
JFC you're an idiot.

I'm not the one talking about a 25/26 year old mobile QB losing his jets, that woud be you. Sorry if the facts bother you man, but you obviously don't get how any of this woks.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2019, 11:04 PM
JFC you're an idiot. LJ is what everyone thought he was when drafted. A gifted athlete trying to play QB but can't pass for shit.

Kordell Stewart part 2

ILChief
09-25-2019, 05:11 AM
Jackson is athletic and elusive, so he is dangerous. But a below average passer. His best pass of the day was a jump ball prayer that should have been picked off by Ward. They're the type of team that is hard to blow out, but they will struggle to beat top QBs

scho63
09-25-2019, 06:26 AM
Which is a big if. But by the team he does, he'll be out of the league with injury.

I sure as shit hope he doesn't develop accuracy.

DTHOF
09-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Jackson is athletic and elusive, so he is dangerous. But a below average passer. His best pass of the day was a jump ball prayer that should have been picked off by Ward. They're the type of team that is hard to blow out, but they will struggle to beat top QBs

They are the KC Chiefs of the 90's.

ljmhawk
09-25-2019, 06:42 AM

lmfao you are really trying to compare a contact sport to a non contact sport? if sprinters were constantly getting hit they would lose their speed. you sir, are dumb

htismaqe
09-25-2019, 06:57 AM
I sure as shit hope he doesn't develop accuracy.

Accuracy generally doesn't develop. You either have it or you don't. They can try to fix mechanical issues but that's hard to do when they're trying to take advantage of his gifts, one of which affects his pocket footwork.

He most likely is what he is.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Accuracy generally doesn't develop. You either have it or you don't. They can try to fix mechanical issues but that's hard to do when they're trying to take advantage of his gifts, one of which affects his pocket footwork.

Mahomes was a more accurate passer in his first season than Alex ever was.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2019, 08:27 AM

Yeah, I don't think his footwork is the issue. He's probably just inaccurate. Where he might develop is reading defenses. Which seems to be his bigger step forward from last year. He didn't throw a lot of dumb passes Sunday

htismaqe
09-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I don't think his footwork is the issue. He's probably just inaccurate. Where he might develop is reading defenses. Which seems to be his bigger step forward from last year. He didn't throw a lot of dumb passes Sunday

Well, one way to improve accuracy is to improve footwork and mechanics, at least for pocket guys.

And that was my point, making Jackson a pocket QB neutralizes one of his biggest discriminating factors. So it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do to improve his accuracy at this point.

O.city
09-25-2019, 09:24 AM
Well, one way to improve accuracy is to improve footwork and mechanics, at least for pocket guys.

And that was my point, making Jackson a pocket QB neutralizes one of his biggest discriminating factors. So it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do to improve his accuracy at this point.

I watched the broadcast last night and it's just as obvious as it was at the game that he can't make throws consistently.

The announcers kept saying "he throws from different platforms" like it's a good thing.

Yes, Mahomes can do it and do it with accuracy. Mere mortals can't. It's no coincidence that the most accurate guys have the most repeatable motions.

Accuracy is a feel thing. I don't think it's something you can really develop, more than say going from a B- to a B or whatever.

Jackson will always be a pest to play because of the athleticism and playmaking ability.

But if you can make him have to throw to beat you, it just isn't gonna happen.

The Franchise
09-25-2019, 09:28 AM
The Ravens offense is pound the ball, run play action and take deep shots. Great during the regular season against lesser teams. It’s not going to work against a team like the Chiefs or the Pats.

TEX
09-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Nailed it.

htismaqe
09-25-2019, 10:49 AM
I watched the broadcast last night and it's just as obvious as it was at the game that he can't make throws consistently.

The announcers kept saying "he throws from different platforms" like it's a good thing.

Yes, Mahomes can do it and do it with accuracy. Mere mortals can't. It's no coincidence that the most accurate guys have the most repeatable motions.

Accuracy is a feel thing. I don't think it's something you can really develop, more than say going from a B- to a B or whatever.

Jackson will always be a pest to play because of the athleticism and playmaking ability.

But if you can make him have to throw to beat you, it just isn't gonna happen.

Yep.

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 02:09 PM
lmfao you are really trying to compare a contact sport to a non contact sport? if sprinters were constantly getting hit they would lose their speed. you sir, are dumb

You obviously know..0..about any of this.

There have been TONS of x-track sprinters play pro football, talking.....TONS! Our very own Jamaal Charles was a stud sprinter (10.18) and hurdler, how long did his jets burn and he took far more hits than any QB will take. At 29 he was averaging 5.1 a carry, he was no power back.

Bob Hayes was still running a 4.4 AFTER his football career, he ran some pro track.

Getting hit has...0...to do with anyone losing that speed, where did you come up with that ridiculous idea?

Cliff Branch was a world class sprinter at Colorado, how many seasons did we see him blow by defenders? He played until he was 36, why....yep...speed.

Darrell green was running 4.4 at 40.

How long has Ted Ginn Jr, been blowing by defenders?

How long has Desuen Jackson been blowing by defenders?

Ever hear anyone say...."he has lost a step"....talking Randy Moss?

Watch how five years from now Tyreek Hill is STILL the fastest player in the NFL.

There was never a time in his career where Eric (9.4 HS) Dickerson couldn't go the distance.

Lamar Jackson is going to be getting faster/quicker, there is noway he has peaked out yet at 22/23.

WhiteWhale
09-25-2019, 02:13 PM
He ain't wrong. Players will loose some steam as they age in terms of speed and obviously serious injuries can be a factor... but guys who are fast are still fast in their 30's.

I don't know or care if Steve Smith ran track, but he was still fast as shit when he retired.

I'd argue a lot of players continue to get FASTER until their mid/late 20's.

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 02:25 PM
He ain't wrong. Players will loose some steam as they age in terms of speed and obviously serious injuries can be a factor... but guys who are fast are still fast in their 30's.

I don't know or care if Steve Smith ran track, but he was still fast as shit when he retired.

Thank you:thumb:

We will see that once awhile cat who never ran faster after HS like a Derrick Florence, Carter Suggs, Preston Griffen, Trendarvis Friday but they are rare.

Most world class sprinters/running backs/WR/cornerbacks don't hit that peak speed until around 25/27ish and are very capable of sustaining/maintaining those jets up into their early 30's.

The World Champs of Track & Field start in a few days, who is the defending World Champion in the 100, the 35 year old Justin Gatlin.

When did Gatlin run his PR

2001 10.08 17 Eugene Jun 02
2002 10.05 15 Knoxville Apr 06
2003 9.97 5 Zürich Aug 15
2004 9.85 1 Athens Aug 22
2005 9.88 2 Helsinki Aug 07
2006 9.77 1 Doha May 12
2011 9.95 16 Eugene, OR Jun 24
2012 9.79 3 London Aug 05
2013 9.85 3 Moskva Aug 11
2014 9.77 1 Bruxelles Sep 05
2015 9.74 1 Doha May 15************************
2016 9.80 1 Eugene, OR Jul 03
2017 9.92 5 London (Olympic Stadium) Aug

Former World Champion Kim Collins ran his PR in his last season.

2001 10.00 8 Edmonton Aug 04
2002 9.98 9 Manchester Jul 27
2003 9.99 8 Zürich Aug 15
2004 10.00 9 Athens Aug 22
2005 10.00 9 London (CP) Jul 22
2011 10.00 23 Guadalajara, MEX Oct 24
2012 10.01 21 Zürich Aug 30
2013 9.97 12 Lausanne Jul 04
2014 9.96 10 London Jul 20
2015 9.98 24 Basseterre Jun 13
2016 9.93 10 Bottrop May 29*************************

And that kind of thing goes on and on.........

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 03:49 PM

Ill just leave this right here.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CharJa00.htm

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Look at the difference a running QB has already made in Giants country. This is where the NFL is going, that....stand tall in the pocket....is being weeded out.

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 07:07 PM
Look at the difference a running QB has already made in Giants country. This is where the NFL is going, that....stand tall in the pocket....is being weeded out.

So guys like Mahomes are being weeded out. Nice take, bro.

New World Order
09-25-2019, 07:09 PM

Jones is a running qb?

TambaBerry
09-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Jones is a running qb?

Absolutely he is a great runner

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 07:16 PM
So guys like Mahomes are being weeded out. Nice take, bro.

Mahomes already has 20 rushing TD's. Are you saying Mahomes can't run? What?

Patrick Mahomes Runs for 22-Yard Fourth-Down Scramble

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes calls his own number on 22-yard fourth-down scramble.

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjjPCKxAH4

New World Order
09-25-2019, 07:24 PM
Absolutely he is a great runner

He’s a pocket guy tho, not a runner like Lamar

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 07:29 PM
He’s a pocket guy tho, not a runner like Lamar

Not talking a run first guy, talking a guy who can run like a Russell Wilson. Eli, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Dalton, Ryan, Carr, Fouts, Marino total non runners.

Chiefshrink
09-25-2019, 07:40 PM

Weeded out? Like V Young, RGIII, C Kap, etc..... who got weeded out again?

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Weeded out? Like V Young, RGIII, C Kap, etc..... who got weeded out again?

Tony Romo...enter the more mobile Dak Prescott
Joe Flacco....enter the more mobile Lamar Jackson
Eli Manning....enter the more mobile Daneil Jones
Matt Flynn....enter the more mobile Russell Wilson

Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Marcus Mariota
Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Carson Wentz
DeShaun Watson
Aaron Rodgers
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston

...all mobile

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Mahomes already has 20 rushing TD's. Are you saying Mahomes can't run? What?

Patrick Mahomes Runs for 22-Yard Fourth-Down Scramble

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes calls his own number on 22-yard fourth-down scramble.

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjjPCKxAH4

No..Mahomes game is all about his arm/passing ability, not his blazing 4.8/40 LMAO.Any other take than that is retarded.

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Tony Romo...enter the more mobile Dak Prescott
Joe Flacco....enter the more mobile Lamar Jackson
Eli Manning....enter the more mobile Daneil Jones
Matt Flynn....enter the more mobile Russell Wilson

Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Marcus Mariota
Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Carson Wentz
DeShaun Watson
Aaron Rodgers
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston

...all mobile

Cuys like Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning would never make it today..
amirite? LMAO

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 08:28 PM
No..Mahomes game is all about his arm/passing ability, not his blazing 4.8/40 LMAO.Any other take than that is retarded.

Dude, are you working at....DUH~~~~~~

I'm talking about mobility, ok? Can Mahomes scoot 20 yards at any time, yes he can. Can Philip Rivers.....nope!

I can't believe this needed to be explained.

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Cuys like Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning would never make it today..
amirite? LMAO

Dude, think, ok guy,

:rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Dude, think, ok guy,

Your football takes are some of the worst I've seen. Stick to the Steeplechase thread.

CoMoChief
09-25-2019, 08:32 PM
This cat is overrated af.

He won't be any better than Vince Young..if he is, it won't be by much.

Teams will make Jackson try and win with his arm. And he'll fail more times than not.

Dude can't throw for shit past 20yds if there's any pressure at all.

He may be able to beat Cards and Phins, but he won't beat any real teams that are worth a shit. He's eventually gonna have to learn how to pass.

He should have been picked off probably 3x, and sacked 2 more times than he was...luckily his athleticism got him out of trouble.

This game easily could (and should) have been a blowout if not for a few prayers that were answered for him.

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 08:34 PM
Check out this cheetah that could break one off for 20 at any given moment.

https://youtu.be/QjQI9Xzivv8

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Your football takes are some of the worst I've seen. Stick to the Steeplechase thread.

Ya mean knowing the game takes?

When did Brady, Peyton, Brees come into the league, yep, long ago. Who took Peyton's place, yep, the far more mobile Andrew Luck, now watch who takes Brees place. Hell, they hava a QB who can run...why? Once Brady hangs it up watch a far more mobile QB take over.

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Ya mean knowing the game takes?

When did Brady, Peyton, Brees come into the league, yep, long ago. Who took Peyton's place, yep, the far more mobile Andrew Luck, now watch who takes Brees place. Hell, they hava a QB who can run...why? Once Brady hangs it up watch a far more mobile QB take over.

Didnt Mahomes take over for the much more mobile Alex Smith?
And are you saying 25 year.old guys are more mobile than 40?

The 2 next projected top picks are Tua ans Lawrence. You think it's because of their scrambling ability? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 08:50 PM

The 2 next projected top picks are Tua ans Lawrence. You think it's because of their scrambling ability? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Are you saying Alex Smith was all that mobile at the end?

Who was the first draft pick last season, yep....speedy Kyler Murray.

Who is the top Heisman contender right now....speedy Jalen Hurts.

Dude, you ever see Tua play? Are you saying he can't run, ha~~~~

It works like this...

Third and 2ish, that D if facing Rivers, Eli, Marino, Fouts, they know it's a pass. Now what if facing Wilson, Jackson, Cam, Dak, yep......will they run?

And, look at all the good things that happen when a QB can extend the play by running around.

I know,now you are all confused.

dlphg9
09-25-2019, 09:05 PM

Just because Alex ran quite a bit doesnt mean he was much more mobile. Alex ran because he didn't have half the arm talent or ability to read the D like Mahomes does. It's the one thing he could do well. In terms of speed Mahomes is just as fast as Alex, especially since Alex is quite a bit older. Teams are going with more athletic guys to be QBs. Just because Lamar isn't anywhere near the QB Mahomes is doesn't mean he sucks. Also he was saying those QBs were drafted back when people wanted a bigger guy that stood in the pocket and didn't need to be mobile.

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 09:18 PM
Just because Alex ran quite a bit doesnt mean he was much more mobile. Alex ran because he didn't have half the arm talent or ability to read the D like Mahomes does. It's the one thing he could do well. In terms of speed Mahomes is just as fast as Alex, especially since Alex is quite a bit older. Teams are going with more athletic guys to be QBs. Just because Lamar isn't anywhere near the QB Mahomes is doesn't mean he sucks. Also he was saying those QBs were drafted back when people wanted a bigger guy that stood in the pocket and didn't need to be mobile.

You got it, nailed it shut!

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2019, 09:31 PM
The 2 dumbest MFers on here backing each other. I feel pretty good about my analysis right now.
News flash. Younger guys can run faster than old. Also throwing the football is still the primary reason you draft a QB. Brady didnt win 6 SBs because of his wheels.
Facts, not fiction folks.

Ubeja Vontell
09-25-2019, 09:48 PM
The 2 dumbest MFers on here backing each other. I feel pretty good about my analysis right now.
News flash. Younger guys can run faster than old. Also throwing the football is still the primary reason you draft a QB. Brady didnt win 6 SBs because of his wheels.

Dude, how many younger guys can beat the 35 year old Justin Gatlin, well? He would smoke Tyreek Hill tomorrow, ok?

And....TONS...TONS...of fast guy were faster at 28-32 than 22-25....ok?

YES YES YES...a QB is there to throw the football, you FINALLY got one right. BUT....if the QB can escape the pass rush, extend plays and scoot for 20, guess what?

Gatlin was 33 back in 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGL5b7GghXo

dlphg9
09-25-2019, 10:06 PM

I'm not even sure wtf you guys are arguing about. I never said throwing wasn't the primary reason to draft a QB all I was saying is that teams covet QBs that are mobile. I don't know why you're getting your panties in a wad because some people are saying that L. Jackson isn't terrible. You're a clown.

Kman34
09-26-2019, 08:22 AM
Alex isn’t running anywhere now... Career over..

Simply Red
09-26-2019, 08:25 AM
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit.

He's a piece of shit

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2019, 10:23 AM
He's a piece of shit

:clap: dayum Dayum DaYum DAYUM DAAAAAYYYYUUUUMMM

Sorry
09-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Are you saying Alex Smith was all that mobile at the end?

Who was the first draft pick last season, yep....speedy Kyler Murray.

Who is the top Heisman contender right now....speedy Jalen Hurts.

Dude, you ever see Tua play? Are you saying he can't run, ha~~~~

It works like this...

Third and 2ish, that D if facing Rivers, Eli, Marino, Fouts, they know it's a pass. Now what if facing Wilson, Jackson, Cam, Dak, yep......will they run?

And, look at all the good things that happen when a QB can extend the play by running around.

I know,now you are all confused.
Now talk about results and who has highest win percentage.

Pitt Gorilla
11-25-2019, 09:17 PM

Teams will make Jackson try and win with his arm. And he'll fail more times than not.

He may be able to beat Cards and Phins, but he won't beat any real teams that are worth a shit. He's eventually gonna have to learn how to pass.

He should have been picked off probably 3x, and sacked 2 more times than he was...luckily his athleticism got him out of trouble.

This game easily could (and should) have been a blowout if not for a few prayers that were answered for him.
Dude’s made some pretty good deep throws under pressure.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2019, 09:55 PM
Kap Niners

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2019, 10:36 PM
He still can't beat Patrick Mahomes

stevieray
11-25-2019, 10:38 PM
Gooooooooooo Lamar!

Rah! rah!

tredadda
11-25-2019, 10:44 PM
Regardless of his future prospects or his overall talent level he is running away with the MVP this year ala Mahomes last year. As long as Mahomes wins SB MVP nothing else will matter.

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2019, 10:44 PM
The Chiefs had the best strategy. But they need to get back to where the strategy works.

Put lamar in a marathon.... Tough win. Put him in a sprint. That's how you beat him. Its why Harbaugh taking huge gambles. Can kc get back to that domainance we saw early in the season. I hope so.

thegame214
11-25-2019, 10:46 PM
If you wanna crown his @ss then crown him, but he's 0-2 against Pat and in January I want Lamar and Bradys @ss on their own field. Pat going to remind some of you who the hell he is

PunkinDrublic
11-25-2019, 10:54 PM
The Chiefs had the best strategy. But they need to get back to where the strategy works.

Put lamar in a marathon.... Tough win. Put him in a sprint. That's how you beat him. Its why Harbaugh taking huge gambles. Can kc get back to that domainance we saw early in the season. I hope so.

The Chiefs are battle tested. Most super bowl teams have a WTF loss or two during the season. We’ve had our share of embarrassing setbacks but I believe our defense can play well enough down the stretch to get us over that last hurdle. Especially with Frank Clark finally doing what we paid him to do.

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2019, 10:56 PM

I don't think lamar Jackson is great. But comparing him to Vince Young? You must be out of your goddamn mind.

synthesis2
11-25-2019, 11:11 PM
I don't think lamar Jackson is great. But comparing him to Vince Young? You must be out of your goddamn mind.

I wish this could be a sticky thread as I think he will be out of the league or a backup in a few years. As far as a athlete , he might be the best in the league but as far as a QB more specifically throwing he is average but what gets me is the kid has zero smarts . His wonderlick was one of the lowest in the history of the NFL for QB and just listening to him talk it’s easy to see the boy dosent have much upstairs.

While his athleticism is good he can skate by but as soon as he has to think a little he is doomed. Good for him that it’s working now, his time is coming to a end very soon

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2019, 11:23 PM
I wish this could be a sticky thread as I think he will be out of the league or a backup in a few years. As far as a athlete , he might be the best in the league but as far as a QB more specifically throwing he is average but what gets me is the kid has zero smarts . His wonderlick was one of the lowest in the history of the NFL for QB and just listening to him talk it’s easy to see the boy dosent have much upstairs.

While his athleticism is good he can skate by but as soon as he has to think a little he is doomed. Good for him that it’s working now, his time is coming to a end very soon

He is no Steve Young but he ain't no Vince Young either

DTVietnam
11-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Hes playing better than Mahomes at this point..

Mahomes doesnt really show up in the big games..and doesnt have the killer instinct. .
Maybe Andys playcalling is to blame but Mahomes hasnt blown anyone out since week 1. .

CasselGotPeedOn
11-25-2019, 11:26 PM

Mahomes doesnt really show up in the big games..and doesnt have the killer instinct. .
Maybe Andys playcalling is to blame but Mahomes hasnt blown anyone out since week 1. .

Please kill yourself. Thank you!

synthesis2
11-25-2019, 11:31 PM

Yes please kill yourself

carcosa
11-25-2019, 11:34 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP

BigRedChief
11-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Unstoppable? Give me a break with anointing Lamar Jackson > Mahomes. The media needs a refresh of their memory. Which team has beaten the Ravens twice in the last 12 months?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-25-2019, 11:49 PM
He’s my second favorite QB after the GOAT Mahomes. Kid is so humble

synthesis2
11-26-2019, 12:02 AM
He’s my second favorite QB after the GOAT Mahomes. Kid is so humble

The kid may be humble but is as dumb as a box of rocks. While he is 100 percent it’s good but once he actually has to think with his noodle he is doomed .

stevieray
11-26-2019, 12:21 AM

Ya, it's not like suffered a dislocated kneecap and a 300 pd lineman farming his ankle.

Still a lot of football to be played. How you play the next two months is what really counts.

Since when does securing the number one seed, going into OT in the AFCCG, and losing the coin toss constitute not showing up in big games?

rabblerouser
11-26-2019, 12:24 AM

He has a better offensive line than Mahomes.

Mahomes>everyone else. And it's not even close.

PS kill yourself.

comochiefsfan
11-26-2019, 12:32 AM

What a prisoner of the moment take.

Embarrassing.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-26-2019, 12:44 AM
The kid may be humble but is as dumb as a box of rocks. While he is 100 percent it’s good but once he actually has to think with his noodle he is doomed .

His noodle? Jackson actually has a really strong arm

scho63
11-26-2019, 01:02 AM
I said somewhere in this thread that if he gets accurate with his passing, watch out.

Right now he is looking much better than Michael Vick.

He is definitely on a roll.....

cdcox
11-26-2019, 01:03 AM

Mahomes is 10x the QB that Jackson is. Mahomes has played one less game and is in a down year. Jackson is having a career year. Who is doing better in passing yards, yards per pass, and interceptions.

This isn't college ball.

PAChiefsGuy
11-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Larmar is on fire right now. Very impressive.

DTVietnam
11-26-2019, 01:04 AM
What a prisoner of the moment take.

Embarrassing.

Yes saying hes playing better NOW is a prisoner of the moment take ..
the moment being now
idiot

cdcox
11-26-2019, 01:08 AM
Yes saying hes playing better NOW is a prisoner of the moment take ..
the moment being now
idiot

Right NOW Aaron Donald is JAG.

DTVietnam
11-26-2019, 01:11 AM

Please enlighten me on how Mahomes who couldnt pick up a 3rd and 2 to beat the Titans is playing better than L. Jackson who has beat the Pats, Rams, Seahawks, and Texans by large margins in the past 5 weeks

cdcox
11-26-2019, 01:15 AM
Please enlighten me on how Mahomes who couldnt pick up a 3rd and 2 to beat the Titans is playing better than L. Jackson who has beat the Pats, Rams, Seahawks, and Texans by large margins in the past 5 weeks

You should root for the Ravens. You'd be happier, Chiefs fans would be happier, and I'm sure the Ravens fans would welcome another bandwagoner.

DTVietnam
11-26-2019, 01:17 AM
You should root for the Ravens. You'd be happier, Chiefs fans would be happier, and I'm sure the Ravens fans would welcome another bandwagoner.

Typical childlike response from someone without an intelligent relative response . Im not a bandwagon fan but im not delusional. If you think Mahomes is playing better than Jackson ur a delusional idiot..end of story . .

If Mahomes drops 40 plus on the raiders we can open up the discussion again but then we really have to wait to see how he does in Foxboro

rabblerouser
11-26-2019, 01:21 AM
His noodle? Jackson actually has a really strong arm

He meant his head, you fucking retard.

rabblerouser
11-26-2019, 01:24 AM

Maybe if Andy "The Genius" Reid had called something better than a one-read TE screen to Blake "Dickhands" Bell, Mahomes would've had a chance to pick up the 3rd and 2.

Lucky Reid's stupid fat ass didn't call a punt on 3rd and 2 - "they'll never see it coming."

DTVietnam
11-26-2019, 03:18 AM
Maybe if Andy "The Genius" Reid had called something better than a one-read TE screen to Blake "Dickhands" Bell, Mahomes would've had a chance to pick up the 3rd and 2.

Lucky Reid's stupid fat ass didn't call a punt on 3rd and 2 - "they'll never see it coming."

If Mahomes wants to be a true GOAT and leader he needs to tell Andy what he sees and what to call in that situation..

Its not all on Andy. .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Hell yeah, Coach, let’s go for it!”<a href="https://twitter.com/Lj_era8?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Lj_era8</a> was all-in on 4th down ��<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Ravens</a>) <a href="https://t.co/cKDzpCNMpz">pic.twitter.com/cKDzpCNMpz</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1186290043226382341?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

to be clear Id still take Mahomes on my team over Jackson but this season LJ is playing better football and its not close

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2019, 03:23 AM
He’s a black, more athletic Alex Smith. Just get a lead against them and force him to pass.

DaNewGuy
11-26-2019, 03:53 AM
He meant his head, you ****ing retard.

Maybe he meant his ding a ling

UChieffyBugger
11-26-2019, 05:33 AM
Well he's gonna be facing some very decent defenses over the next five weeks so we're gonna see what he's really made of.

Niners
Bills
Jets
Browns
Steelers

He struggled previously against the Browns and Steelers defenses so that should be interesting to see how he adapts the second time around. The Niners and Bills have legit defenses and the Jets are number one at stopping the run if I remember correctly. So over the course of these next five games the Pats and Chiefs will be able to see what the other DC's are coming up with to stop him and gather that info ahead of the playoffs.

I wonder if it would be worth packing the box and just rushing three guys with a spy to cover him? Because I really don't think going for sacks is the answer here. Making him throw the ball several times IS the answer. He threw 40 plus times in Arrowhead and was garbage..so this has to be the plan. When you watch his throws they are no longer than around 10-15 yards and often they are straight throws...he very rarely throws deep shots left or right. So rush three, pack the box, have a spy and crowd the middle of the field whilst having your secondary play man to man!!..that's what I would try.

njchiefs
11-26-2019, 06:13 AM
I think we all have hurt feelings because after last year we assumed we had the new GOAT and as a result were going to cakewalk to numerous Superbowls over the next 15 or so years. Well now there is another team and fan base that legitimately feels that way. We wanted the whole cake. Haven’t even had a slice yet.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Well he's gonna be facing some very decent defenses over the next five weeks so we're gonna see what he's really made of.

Niners
Bills
Jets
Browns
Steelers

He struggled previously against the Browns and Steelers defenses so that should be interesting to see how he adapts the second time around. The Niners and Bills have legit defenses and the Jets are number one at stopping the run if I remember correctly. So over the course of these next five games the Pats and Chiefs will be able to see what the other DC's are coming up with to stop him and gather that info ahead of the playoffs.

I wonder if it would be worth packing the box and just rushing three guys with a spy to cover him? Because I really don't think going for sacks is the answer here. Making him throw the ball several times IS the answer. He threw 40 plus times in Arrowhead and was garbage..so this has to be the plan. When you watch his throws they are no longer than around 10-15 yards and often they are straight throws...he very rarely throws deep shots left or right. So rush three, pack the box, have a spy and crowd the middle of the field whilst having your secondary play man to man!!..that's what I would try.

Of late he annihilated new england, Seattle, and the Rams defense. I think he's improved quite a bit since we last played him. He's starting to become a threat. As someone else said the way to beat him is to get an early lead. We're one of the few teams with the firepower to do that. But it's a matchup I don't really love.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 06:29 AM
Right now it's not lamar Jackson that scares me. Same way jimmy garopolo doesn't. The problem is that you have to beat that whole team. The defense has improved by leaps and bounds. And that team can bludgeon you with the run game. And if you don't get an early lead they can Derrick Henry us the entire second half.

InChiefsHeaven
11-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Last night, they just flat out did whatever they wanted to the Rams. I mean, that shit looked like a college game. I never thought much of the Rams (even last season when they went to the SB) but I don't think they are Bengal level suck. Ravens made them look like...the Bengals. It was remarkable.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2019, 06:44 AM
I like how everyone just throws out “just get a lead against them “. Like it’s just that easy. That’s a damn good defense.

What if you can’t get build up a lead ? Then what?

UChieffyBugger
11-26-2019, 06:49 AM
Of late he annihilated new england, Seattle, and the Rams defense. I think he's improved quite a bit since we last played him. He's starting to become a threat. As someone else said the way to beat him is to get an early lead. We're one of the few teams with the firepower to do that. But it's a matchup I don't really love.

He ran on Settle late in the game but never done much passing the ball. The Pats fumbled and the defense got a TD as well and tbh Ingram was the one who was hurting the Pats more than anything...and yet still in that game they kept Lamar fairly bottled up in the middle portion before the fumble changed everything. Like I said above rush three, pack the box and have a spy...you literally have to forget about sacking him and focus on filling the rush lanes so he's forced to throw the ball...I honestly don't think he's capable of long drives where he has to dink and dunk his way up the field.

Chris Meck
11-26-2019, 06:59 AM
blitz him, but you've got to maintain rush lanes with your front four.

UChieffyBugger
11-26-2019, 07:06 AM
One the ways Jackson finds running lanes is when the D-line is too aggressive and he uses that to break off a run. By sending three and making your guys rush mainly down the middle it would confuse the hell out of him imo and force him to hold the ball or potentially run into a spy.

chiefzilla1501
He ran on Settle late in the game but never done much passing the ball. The Pats fumbled and the defense got a TD as well and tbh Ingram was the one who was hurting the Pats more than anything...and yet still in that game they kept Lamar fairly bottled up in the middle portion before the fumble changed everything. Like I said above rush three, pack the box and have a spy...you literally have to forget about sacking him and focus on filling the rush lanes so he's forced to throw the ball...I honestly don't think he's capable of long drives where he has to dink and dunk his way up the field.

This is a team that can run you into the ground even if you pack the box. You can't just stop lamar. You also have to stop the ravens run offense. That's why you have to beat them in a sprint. Take them away from what they do best. We did that the first time but I suspect their defense is much better right now.

Kman34
Once all the teams watch all the tape on him.. he will be stopped..:D

UChieffyBugger
11-26-2019, 07:14 AM
This is a team that can run you into the ground even if you pack the box. You can't just stop lamar. You also have to stop the ravens run offense. That's why you have to beat them in a sprint. Take them away from what they do best. We did that the first time but I suspect their defense is much better right now.

They ran the ball for 200 yards and dominated the clock and what happened? They lost. And yes folks will say "their defense is better" but I would argue that our run defense has improved since we played them and we never had Tyreek that day either. They have an average pass rush and our skill players match-up well against their secondary...couple that with our ability to score quickly and that's why we do well against them. We put their offense under pressure by keeping the scoreboard ticking and that's what Lamar can't handle imo. They are a good front running team...not so much when they have to come from behind.

DRM08
11-26-2019, 07:17 AM

Niners
Bills
Jets
Browns
Steelers

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Ravens are very physical in the trenches. Also hard to cover Andrews. I agree with your ideas though. Have to find a way to slow down their run game, and that is not just Lamar.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 07:36 AM
They ran the ball for 200 yards and dominated the clock and what happened? They lost. And yes folks will say "their defense is better" but I would argue that our run defense has improved since we played them and we never had Tyreek that day either. They have an average pass rush and our skill players match-up well against their secondary...couple that with our ability to score quickly and that's why we do well against them. We put their offense under pressure by keeping the scoreboard ticking and that's what Lamar can't handle imo. They are a good front running team...not so much when they have to come from behind.

Because we won in a sprint. If we miss one of those early scores it would have been an uphill sled for us. They want you to run a marathon. You have to beat them early. As I've said in every post.

UChieffyBugger
11-26-2019, 07:41 AM
Because we won in a sprint. If we miss one of those early scores it would have been an uphill sled for us. They want you to run a marathon. You have to beat them early. As I've said in every post.

We can't play the "if" game because quite frankly we blew them off the field in the third quarter and Lamar was reduced to throwing up lucky prayer balls which should have been easily picked off!! :evil: .

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 08:16 AM
We can't play the "if" game because quite frankly we blew them off the field in the third quarter and Lamar was reduced to throwing up lucky prayer balls which should have been easily picked off!! :evil: .

I don't think we're saying different things. We won because we kept scoring points and reduced lamar to having to win vertically and our defense made a tough stop or 2. Take one of those stops away or if our offense stalls just a little bit, the ravens can use lamar the way they want to... As a complement to a power run offense.

We took that game away from them. But if we don't build an early lead and sustain the sprint, that's not a good situation you want to be in.

synthesis2
11-26-2019, 08:19 AM
The guy isn't bright what so ever.....

One result that Lamar Jackson would like to put behind him is his Wonderlic test score, which was a disappointing 13.

The Wonderlic is a 50 question test that must be completed in 12 minutes. Each question answered correctly accounts for one point. Quarterbacks average a 24 on the test and all position players average a 22.

2018 QB Wonderlic Scores

Quarterback
Wonderlic Score

College
Josh Allen
Wyoming

Josh Rosen
UCLA

Sam Darnold
USC

Baker Mayfield
Oklahoma

Lamar Jackson
Louisville

Here are a bunch of guys at QB coming out of college that scored a 13 on the test.

Lamar Jackson
Louisville

Rasheed Marshall
West Virginia

Brock Berlin
Miami

Brad Banks
Iowa

Neil O'Donnell
Maryland

The Wonderlic is a measure of cognitive ability, very similar to an IQ test. The big difference is that the test is made up of only 50 questions that test takers have 12 minutes to complete. That may sound easy, but the average score on the test is designed to be 20

The guy is a athletic freak but has zero upstairs...

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 08:29 AM
The guy isn't bright what so ever.....

One result that Lamar Jackson would like to put behind him is his Wonderlic test score, which was a disappointing 13.

The Wonderlic is a 50 question test that must be completed in 12 minutes. Each question answered correctly accounts for one point. Quarterbacks average a 24 on the test and all position players average a 22.

2018 QB Wonderlic Scores

Quarterback
Wonderlic Score

College
Josh Allen
Wyoming

Josh Rosen
UCLA

Sam Darnold
USC

Baker Mayfield
Oklahoma

Lamar Jackson
Louisville

Here are a bunch of guys at QB coming out of college that scored a 13 on the test.

Lamar Jackson
Louisville

Rasheed Marshall
West Virginia

Brock Berlin
Miami

Brad Banks
Iowa

Neil O'Donnell
Maryland

The Wonderlic is a measure of cognitive ability, very similar to an IQ test. The big difference is that the test is made up of only 50 questions that test takers have 12 minutes to complete. That may sound easy, but the average score on the test is designed to be 20

The guy is a athletic freak but has zero upstairs...

We all know what a wonderlic is. Athletic qbs can do fine without it. Randall Cunningham scored a 15. DeShaun Watson and Vick had a 20. Of course he's not going to thrive in a pocket qb offense but that's not what he's asked to do.

BigRedChief
11-26-2019, 08:30 AM
If Mahomes wants to be a true GOAT and leader he needs to tell Andy what he sees and what to call in that situation..

Its not all on Andy. Mahomes will have more plays with multiple options. Open up the offense. We will see it this week. Quote me on that.<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.18ff99b5096ff173368df1a320e00cbf.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

kgrund
11-26-2019, 08:31 AM
Once all the teams watch all the tape on him.. he will be stopped..:D

I agree a lot with this. Crazy thing is the Ravens "old school" power football has the teams playing them off balance right now. Teams have gotten used to playing offenses that spread them out. Now teams have to man up and commit to stopping power football while being mindful of a QB that has the wheels to run around them. The inability to stop this straight forward approach has led Jackson to only have to make relatively easy throws in non pressure situations. As with all things, the league will adjust to the Ravens' offense and eventually Jackson's arm will have to be the primary thing that beats other teams. Will it be this year is the biggest question.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2019, 08:36 AM
I agree a lot with this. Crazy thing is the Ravens "old school" power football has the teams playing them off balance right now. Teams have gotten used to playing offenses that spread them out. Now teams have to man up and commit to stopping power football while being mindful of a QB that has the wheels to run around them. The inability to stop this straight forward approach has led Jackson to only have to make relatively easy throws in non pressure situations. As with all things, the league will adjust to the Ravens' offense and eventually Jackson's arm will have to be the primary thing that beats other teams. Will it be this year is the biggest question.

That's my thought. I've said before that Pennel being on the shelf for a few months is still shocking and probably shows teams still haven't realized the need to adjust yet. It comes at a not so great time for us but a great time for the ravens and 49ers. The ravens are plenty beatable but they're peaking.