PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Change.org Bring Back Touchdown Song & Chant

modocsot
09-26-2019, 07:03 PM
My apologies if this is a repost. I just found this and signed it. It’d be great to hear this chant back in Arrowhead again, especially with this high scoring offense! I heard a cover of it played at the Jaguars game, so why can’t we have it back in KC?

http://chng.it/rSwt5GbhMz

-King-
09-26-2019, 07:06 PM
I mean can't they just use a different song to signal the chant? I don't see why we need the song back in order to do the chant.

BigRedChief
09-26-2019, 07:09 PM
My apologies if this is a repost. I just found this and signed it. It’d be great to hear this chant back in Arrowhead again, especially with this high scoring offense! I heard a cover of it played at the Jaguars game, so why can’t we have it back in KC?

http://chng.it/rSwt5GbhMzWe have been all over this time after time. Some of the best lawyers for the NFL, football fans, judges etc. have tried to find a way to keep a known serial child rapist from getting money. There is no way legally to avoid putting money in his child raping pockets. We are talking 8-9 year old boys and girls. 100's of victims.

I love that song at Arrowhead. But, putting money into the pocket of a serial child rapist every time its played, no way.

bhedges1987
09-26-2019, 07:11 PM
I mean legit almost every NBA team uses that song. No reason we have to remake it. It is played at every single warriors and rockets game.

bhedges1987
09-26-2019, 07:12 PM
We have been all over this time after time. Some of the best lawyers for the NFL, football fans, judges etc. have tried to find a way to keep a known serial child rapist from getting money. There is no way legally to avoid putting money in his child raping pockets. We are talking 8-9 year old boys and girls. 100's of victims.

I love that song at Arrowhead. But, putting money into the pocket of a serial child rapist every time its played, no way.

So the nba doesn’t care or they found out a way to use it? It’s the rockets and warriors main song play during every single game break.

TribalElder
09-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Quit supporting child molesters what is wrong with you people

We got rid of that song and any references to Gary glitter and next thing you know our franchise was blessed with the patron saint of touchdowns mr pat mahomes ii

Stop this shit

carcosa
09-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Great thread!!!! Yes!!!!!

ptlyon
09-26-2019, 07:27 PM
:popcorn:

modocsot
09-26-2019, 07:37 PM
Quit supporting child molesters what is wrong with you people

We got rid of that song and any references to Gary glitter and next thing you know our franchise was blessed with the patron saint of touchdowns mr pat mahomes ii

Stop this shit

The petition reads:

“Stop punishing the Chiefs fan base for the misdeeds of a pedophile. The fans request the Chiefs organization take legal action to reacquire rights to the Gary Glitter song “Rock N Roll Part 2” but get the money and royalties for use of the song to go to Glitter’s victims.
In the event that this approach is unattainable, the fans request the Chiefs organization to get rights to use the Sammy Hagar rendition of “Rock N Roll Part 2” to avoid the conflict of direct or indirect correlation to the offending pedophile.”

bhedges1987
09-26-2019, 07:40 PM
The petition reads:

“Stop punishing the Chiefs fan base for the misdeeds of a pedophile. The fans request the Chiefs organization take legal action to reacquire rights to the Gary Glitter song “Rock N Roll Part 2” but get the money and royalties for use of the song to go to Glitter’s victims.
In the event that this approach is unattainable, the fans request the Chiefs organization to get rights to use the Sammy Hagar rendition of “Rock N Roll Part 2” to avoid the conflict of direct or indirect correlation to the offending pedophile.”

You just pwnt mr angry pants.

digger
09-26-2019, 07:56 PM
This one would be a good replacement:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ujRptOjoAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ptlyon
09-26-2019, 08:38 PM
This one would be a good replacement:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ujRptOjoAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only if you're deaf

Bump
09-26-2019, 08:47 PM
what was the deal again? the song was written by a pedophile wasn't it something like that?

If that's the case, fuck that and fuck pedophiles. Plenty of appropriate songs out there to pump you up.

InChiefsHeaven
09-26-2019, 08:47 PM
I mean can't they just use a different song to signal the chant? I don't see why we need the song back in order to do the chant.

They already did that. They had one written. It sorta worked, I was at a game that they played it at whenever that was. Never heard it again though. Remember, they had it on their website, like 3 different songs and it included the chant.

Never heard why they got rid of it...
Here is the story. The song is not available:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-fans-to-select-new-touchdown-celebration-song-through-online-vot-15715491

Beef Supreme
09-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Who gives a shit?

Chiefs316
09-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Let’s just go with Irv the Phenom’s red and yellow

BigRedChief
09-26-2019, 09:19 PM
The petition reads:

In the event that this approach is unattainableits already been tried.

RealSNR
09-27-2019, 06:01 AM
Wait... how does that even work legally?

Glitter wrote the song. He gets the royalties. You can't say, "We're paying to use your song, but we're not giving you the money because you raped kids."

Committing a heinous crime doesn't mean you forfeit royalties to something you created.

Naptown Chief
09-27-2019, 06:04 AM

It doesn't

Naptown Chief
09-27-2019, 06:04 AM
I mean, fuck dude, but it is his creation

Bugeater
09-27-2019, 06:41 AM
How much money does he get from the chiefs using it? Is it a significant amount?

Naptown Chief
09-27-2019, 06:46 AM
How much money does he get from the chiefs using it? Is it a significant amount?

About tree-fiddy

MotherJefer
09-27-2019, 07:06 AM
Ah yes, good ole Gary Glitter, the kiddy diddler. Not sure we want that playing at Arrowhead on national television in 2019. The backlash would probably be heavy and warranted, and we don’t need that right now. Best to leave the song for the DJ at Westport Ale House.

09-27-2019, 07:10 AM
Ah yes, good ole Gary Glitter, the kiddy diddler. Not sure we want that playing at Arrowhead on national television in 2019. The backlash would probably be heavy and warranted, and we don’t need that right now. Best to leave the song for the DJ at Westport Ale House.Not seeing any backlash for NBA teams using it.

BigBeauford
09-27-2019, 07:16 AM
Is the on field rape not enough!? Jesus you people are insatiable.

Why Not?
09-27-2019, 07:40 AM
How many years has it been? Move on fellas.

smithandrew051
09-27-2019, 07:48 AM
The petition reads:

A song not being played at Arrowhead isn’t “punishing the Chiefs fan base”.

I agree that we need “our song” at Chiefs games though. I don’t feel like we have a signature song right now.

Closest I can think of is that Pregame Video that plays Immigrant Song. That’s pretty sweet.

RunKC
09-27-2019, 07:52 AM
I miss it, but Mark Donovan isn’t going to risk this shit with cancel culture flooding our world.

modocsot
09-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Sorry, I didn't know this topic was so divisive. I understand and appreciate everyone's passion for their stance... Arrowhead tradition vs. being reminded of a scumbag's actions. And I definitely don't support lining the pockets of a pedo.

It makes me think of the goings-on here in Jacksonville, where one side is pushing for the name change of schools named after Confederate leaders (especially when the majority of students at these schools are black), and the other side doesn't want the change... history/tradition vs. being reminded of people's actions.

Anyway, all I really miss is the "We're gonna beat the hell outta YOU" chant. I think many of us would be disappointed if "Home of the CHIEFS" went away as well.

BigRedChief
09-27-2019, 07:56 AM

Glitter wrote the song. He gets the royalties. You can't say, "We're paying to use your song, but we're not giving you the money because you raped kids."

Committing a heinous crime doesn't mean you forfeit royalties to something you created.Yep, someone else cant cover it without the serial child rapist getting money.

One idea floated was for some band to change the 3rd verse that no one listens to anyway to something original, Put it out as a "new song". No writing royalties to the serial child rapist. Let him try to sue. But, someone would sue because it sets a bad precedent that people could rip off other non- child raping artists.

RollChiefsRoll
09-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Sorry, I didn't know this topic was so divisive. I understand and appreciate everyone's passion for their stance... Arrowhead tradition vs. being reminded of a scumbag's actions. And I definitely don't support lining the pockets of a pedo.

It makes me think of the goings-on here in Jacksonville, where one side is pushing for the name change of schools named after Confederate leaders (especially when the majority of students at these schools are black), and the other side doesn't want the change... history/tradition vs. being reminded of people's actions.

Anyway, all I really miss is the "We're gonna beat the hell outta YOU" chant. I think many of us would be disappointed if "Home of the CHIEFS" went away as well.

I think it's a safe bet that there won't be any pedophilia allegations against Francis Scott Key.

BigRedChief
09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Anyway, all I really miss is the "We're gonna beat the hell outta YOU" chant. I think many of us would be disappointed if "Home of the CHIEFS" went away as well.At our Arrowhead South chapters down here we do the were going to beat the hell out of you chant. Theres no music so he's not getting any royalties. So at least down here the tradition continues, albeit without music.

MotherJefer
09-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Not seeing any backlash for NBA teams using it.

Really? I don't watch too much NBA. Do they actually play the Glitter version of the song? I know I've heard an instrumentals version before and know some college bands play it but I haven't heard his version at a professional sports venue since the Chiefs stopped.

09-27-2019, 08:31 AM
Really? I don't watch too much NBA. Do they actually play the Glitter version of the song? I know I've heard an instrumentals version before and know some college bands play it but I haven't heard his version at a professional sports venue since the Chiefs stopped.A few people mentioned it earlier in the thread that at least two teams are using it regularly.

My issue is that the chiefs barely tried to come up with anything to replace it.

At this point I would take anything just to get the chant back. The chiefs tried the one song with the chant for one whole game and killed it. I mean JFC, at least give it an entire season so the fans can adjust to it.

Right now we don't have a damn thing for touchdowns and it's bullshit.

RollChiefsRoll
09-27-2019, 08:48 AM
A few people mentioned it earlier in the thread that at least two teams are using it regularly.

My issue is that the chiefs barely tried to come up with anything to replace it.

At this point I would take anything just to get the chant back. The chiefs tried the one song with the chant for one whole game and killed it. I mean JFC, at least give it an entire season so the fans can adjust to it.

I think "Boom" by POD would be pretty sweet for touchdowns. Imagine 76,000 Chiefs fans yelling "BOOM" in unison.

DJJasonp
09-27-2019, 08:58 AM
There is an easy solution to this (without paying pedo man):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h-bGlNP_BlY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

modocsot
09-27-2019, 09:01 AM
I think it's a safe bet that there won't be any pedophilia allegations against Francis Scott Key.

Sure... but people can take offense to anything these days. The crowd of Jags fans surrounding me were angry at me for “disrespecting the flag” when I yelled, “CHIEFS” at the end of the anthem at game 1.

LoneWolf
09-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Isn't Gary Glitter in prison until 2031 when, if he lives that long, he will be 86 years old? Who gives a shit if he gets royalties for a song he wrote? At this point it isn't like he can do anything with the money except maybe have a few creature comforts in prison like more phone time and extra cigarettes. He wrote a great song that is perfect for chanting at sporting events. What he did in Vietnam, Cambodia, and England is deplorable and if there is a hell I'm sure he is going there, but what does that have to do with the song? Play the fucking thing, pay the royalties, and maybe when the old pedophile dies in prison his family will decide to do the right thing and give some of the money to either the victim's families or to organizations that fight child sex abuse.

underEJ
09-27-2019, 09:22 AM
A few people mentioned it earlier in the thread that at least two teams are using it regularly.

It was really not a good song. None of the three options was any good. They should just get the drummers to do something that gets the crowd timed right to do the chant. All we need is a little drumming intro.

09-27-2019, 10:02 AM
It was really not a good song. None of the three options was any good. They should just get the drummers to do something that gets the crowd timed right to do the chant. All we need is a little drumming intro.As much as I can't stand Chiefs Rumble drumline, you are right, all we need is a fucking beat.

gblowfish
09-27-2019, 11:28 AM
We're gonna rape the hell outta you...
YOU
YOU
YOU YOU YOU!

CrazyPhuD
09-27-2019, 05:01 PM
YOU
YOU
YOU YOU YOU!

That only works if the people leading the cheer are wearing red catholic bishop outfits.

DaFace
09-27-2019, 05:16 PM
YOU
YOU
YOU YOU YOU!(and your kids)

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Nah, but the dumbest part is the lack of creativity in finding a replacement. Three pure dogshit tunes was all they could muster. Really???

Tonka83
09-27-2019, 08:15 PM
Nah, but the dumbest part is the lack of creativity in finding a replacement. Three pure dogshit tunes was all they could muster. Really???

It was sad that those were the 3 songs they picked to vote on. Its like getting to choose which form of incurable cancer you will get to die from.

I guess it could be worse though. We could have to listen to a canon or a siren or some farm animal naying. That would suck.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Denver played chubby fucking Checker as their TD song for awhile ROFL. You are right that nothing is a better option at times

RunKC
10-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Yeah we’d get killed by the SJW twitter mob if we played this song.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Rock and Roll Part 2,&quot; a song by convicted child sex offender Gary Glitter, plays for about two minutes as Joaquin Phoenix, who plays the Joker, dances down a flight of stairs <a href="https://t.co/VOPAJwK7MN">https://t.co/VOPAJwK7MN</a></p>&mdash; CNN (@CNN) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1181333665999200258?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even Hollywood can’t escape this shit

DaFace
10-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Yeah we’d get liked by the SJW twitter mob if we played this song.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Rock and Roll Part 2,&quot; a song by convicted child sex offender Gary Glitter, plays for about two minutes as Joaquin Phoenix, who plays the Joker, dances down a flight of stairs <a href="https://t.co/VOPAJwK7MN">https://t.co/VOPAJwK7MN</a></p>&mdash; CNN (@CNN) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1181333665999200258?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If I'm being honest, I don't really care either way. I don't think that Arrowhead is lesser for having to avoid the song, but at the same time if we started avoiding any sort of art from fucked up people, the world's going to be a very boring place.

Hell, are we going to start banning Michael Jackson songs from being played in public? It's not exactly the same obviously, but it's not far off...

Chiefaholic
10-08-2019, 05:01 PM
But the company estimates that the average song generates between $0.006 and $0.0084 per stream in royalties. This may seem like a pittance, but Spotify's data shows that the numbers add up, at least for big artists.Dec 3, 2013

rabblerouser
10-08-2019, 07:40 PM
We have been all over this time after time. Some of the best lawyers for the NFL, football fans, judges etc. have tried to find a way to keep a known serial child rapist from getting money. There is no way legally to avoid putting money in his child raping pockets. We are talking 8-9 year old boys and girls. 100's of victims.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/8-year-olds-597662.jpg

bhedges1987
10-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Yeah we’d get killed by the SJW twitter mob if we played this song.

The golden state warriors and Houston rockets have zero back lash from it and play it about 10x per game.

Fish
10-08-2019, 08:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5wnEBsf.jpg

malachi47000
10-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Gary Glitter wouldn’t receive royalties if Chiefs restored touchdown song

by Farzin Vousoughian1 day ago
Follow @farzin21
TWEET
COMMENT
According to reports, Gary Glitter will not receive royalties for the recent usage of his song in a film. Could the Chiefs use it and not pay him also?
Earlier this year, I wrote a column suggesting that the Kansas City Chiefs must bring back its traditional touchdown song, “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part Two.” The song has not been played at Arrowhead Stadium since 2014.

A majority of Chiefs fans on social were open to the idea of bringing back the song to Arrowhead Stadium. But many also voted against it because they said that Gary Glitter, co-writer and performer of the song, would receive royalties for the song. Glitter, also known as Paul Gadd, is currently serving a 16-year jail term for sexual crimes against minors.

If you have seen the new film Joker (no spoilers, I promise), the song is played at one point during the movie.

TOP ARTICLES
1/5
Steelers game recap in 27-14 win over
Miami Dolphins

In an interview with the L.A. Times, a spokesperson from Snapper Music, the London-based label that owns Glitter’s recordings, said that Glitter sold his rights to the recording and publishing of “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part Two”, as well as some of his other songs, more than 20 years ago.

“Gary Glitter does not get paid,” the spokesman said to the L.A. Times, who wanted to remain anonymous. “We’ve had no contact with him.”

According to NME, Universal Music Publishing Group in the United States also confirmed that Glitter would not receive any royalties from them for the use of the song in Joker.

While Glitter was being investigated, the Chiefs used a cover of “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part 2” before parting ways with the song. Many defended the Chiefs for leaving one of its epic traditions because the team does not want to pay Glitter any royalties. In fact, many Chiefs fans reacted angrily to the article I wrote, saying they don’t want Glitter to receive any royalties.

But given that Glitter does not receive any royalties for his song appearing in Joker, would this change your mind on whether the Chiefs should bring it back? More pertinently, would the Chiefs be willing to bring the tradition back if they did not have to pay Glitter any royalties?

If the Chiefs would not have to pay Glitter, it would squash the biggest criticism from the idea, and perhaps a possible step in bringing back an old Arrowhead tradition—still a favorite of many to this day.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/28/gary-glitter-no-royalties-chiefs-touchdown-song-rock-roll-part-two/

BigRedChief
10-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Gary Glitter wouldn’t receive royalties if Chiefs restored touchdown song

by Farzin Vousoughian1 day ago
Follow @farzin21
TWEET
COMMENT
According to reports, Gary Glitter will not receive royalties for the recent usage of his song in a film. Could the Chiefs use it and not pay him also?
Earlier this year, I wrote a column suggesting that the Kansas City Chiefs must bring back its traditional touchdown song, “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part Two.” The song has not been played at Arrowhead Stadium since 2014.

A majority of Chiefs fans on social were open to the idea of bringing back the song to Arrowhead Stadium. But many also voted against it because they said that Gary Glitter, co-writer and performer of the song, would receive royalties for the song. Glitter, also known as Paul Gadd, is currently serving a 16-year jail term for sexual crimes against minors.

If you have seen the new film Joker (no spoilers, I promise), the song is played at one point during the movie.

TOP ARTICLES
1/5
Steelers game recap in 27-14 win over
Miami Dolphins

In an interview with the L.A. Times, a spokesperson from Snapper Music, the London-based label that owns Glitter’s recordings, said that Glitter sold his rights to the recording and publishing of “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part Two”, as well as some of his other songs, more than 20 years ago.

“Gary Glitter does not get paid,” the spokesman said to the L.A. Times, who wanted to remain anonymous. “We’ve had no contact with him.”

According to NME, Universal Music Publishing Group in the United States also confirmed that Glitter would not receive any royalties from them for the use of the song in Joker.

While Glitter was being investigated, the Chiefs used a cover of “Rock ‘N’ Roll Part 2” before parting ways with the song. Many defended the Chiefs for leaving one of its epic traditions because the team does not want to pay Glitter any royalties. In fact, many Chiefs fans reacted angrily to the article I wrote, saying they don’t want Glitter to receive any royalties.

But given that Glitter does not receive any royalties for his song appearing in Joker, would this change your mind on whether the Chiefs should bring it back? More pertinently, would the Chiefs be willing to bring the tradition back if they did not have to pay Glitter any royalties?

If the Chiefs would not have to pay Glitter, it would squash the biggest criticism from the idea, and perhaps a possible step in bringing back an old Arrowhead tradition—still a favorite of many to this day.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/28/gary-glitter-no-royalties-chiefs-touchdown-song-rock-roll-part-two/if true, they need to start playing it this Sunday.

New World Order
10-30-2019, 12:04 AM
Yeah bring that back

BossChief
10-30-2019, 12:10 AM
I miss that part of the fan experience.

It sure would be fun doing it over and over when Mahomes returns.

TribalElder
10-30-2019, 12:23 AM
The chomo anthem

dannybcaitlyn
10-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Time to bring it Back!

TwistedChief
10-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Can you imagine how crazy Arrowhead would go if they played it?

Mosbonian
10-30-2019, 03:50 AM
Sure... but people can take offense to anything these days. The crowd of Jags fans surrounding me were angry at me for “disrespecting the flag” when I yelled, “CHIEFS” at the end of the anthem at game 1.

You must have been in the only area in the stadium that was mostly Jags fans....we pretty much took over the stadium.

It was better than a home game....cause we won.

Rasputin
10-30-2019, 03:58 AM
I heard the song and chants being played in the parking lot of Arrowhead from tailgaters. I thought it was cool and wish they'ed play it during games because it's a rush like HOME OF THE CHIIEEFFSS