PDA

View Full Version : Football Cool Data Visualization of All the Super Bowls

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 10:14 PM
https://public.tableau.com/en-us/gallery/history-superbowl?tab=viz-of-the-day&type=viz-of-the-day

If you like data visualization and football, this is pretty cool.

kysirsoze
09-28-2019, 10:20 PM
Man. Last year's SB is even the most boring of all time in a data visual.

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 10:22 PM
I think it would be cool if they did this for all the games. You can easily track the flow of the game with this visualization.

Halfcan
09-28-2019, 10:31 PM
Those Donk losses were pitiful.

Buehler445
09-28-2019, 10:37 PM
I think it would be cool if they did this for all the games. You can easily track the flow of the game with this visualization.

Yeah, our games this year would be particularly interesting.

But man, the Eagles Cheatriot game was really remarkable. Pedersen has some giant fucking balls.

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 10:46 PM
Looking at those games, it makes it really hard to justify Brady being the best QB of all time. Granted, he has had eight Super Bowl appearances, but he has only thrown 17 touchdowns in those games. Of those 17 touchdowns, 13 were under 10 yards (seven of those were under 5 yards). His longest touchdown pass in a SuperBowl is only 26 yards.

Buehler445
09-28-2019, 10:48 PM
Looking at those games, it makes it really hard to justify Brady being the best QB of all time. Granted, he has had eight Super Bowl appearances, but he has only thrown 17 touchdowns in those games. Of those 17 touchdowns, 13 were under 10 yards (seven of those were under 5 yards). His longest touchdown pass in a SuperBowl is only 26 yards.

Was that in his first one? Or the 07 one?

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 10:51 PM
Was that in his first one? Or the 07 one?

SB 52. To Chris Hogan.

kysirsoze
09-28-2019, 10:57 PM

It just underlines the truth people don't want to see. Brady is a great system QB who executes the game plan very well. If Brady ends up on any other team he is at best a marginal HoFer. I mean, you're right. Barely over two tds per SB and this dude is the greatest ever? Most of them inside 10 yards? JFC. Maybe if he played in the 70's.

I think it boils down to people want a clear GOAT. SB rings are the easiest metric. Requires less knowledge or nuance.

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Looking at that visualization, Brady doesn't hold a candle to either Montana or Bradshaw as a SB QB.....

stevieray
09-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Maybe if he played in the 70's.

No way his body holds up in the 70's, IMO.

Fat Elvis
09-28-2019, 11:22 PM
It just underlines the truth people don't want to see. Brady is a great system QB who executes the game plan very well. If Brady ends up on any other team he is at best a marginal HoFer. I mean, you're right. Barely over two tds per SB and this dude is the greatest ever? Most of them inside 10 yards? JFC. Maybe if he played in the 70's.

I think it boils down to people want a clear GOAT. SB rings are the easiest metric. Requires less knowledge or nuance.

Bradshaw was airing it out in the 70s and Montana was tossing it around in the 80s....Brady has the luxury of both more rules to protect the QB and a more passing friendly game during his tenure, but he just lags behind those two guys.

Buehler445
09-28-2019, 11:38 PM
SB 52. To Chris Hogan.

Brady deserves credit for a lot of things. He's no fucking slouch. Dudes a grinder, prepares like a motherfucker and obviously takes to coaching. His presnap diagnostics are top shelf, and he finds a way.

But yeah, IMO, there are a lot of QBs you could stick in there and do a lot of winning with.

JD10367
09-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Love how obsessed with the Patriots and Brady-bashing you all are. Great to know they’re so mindfucked into your heads that any thread heads this way, LOL. Maybe if Brady played when Bradshaw and Montana did, he’d have longer TD throws—you know, throwing to HOF receivers with no salary cap around.

But I do agree that Bradshaw gets overlooked. Probably because of his dumb “aw shucks” personality. Very underrated.

Ubeja Vontell
09-29-2019, 12:37 AM
Seen them all.

Buehler445
09-29-2019, 12:41 AM
Love how obsessed with the Patriots and Brady-bashing you all are. Great to know they’re so mindfucked into your heads that any thread heads this way, LOL. Maybe if Brady played when Bradshaw and Montana did, he’d have longer TD throws—you know, throwing to HOF receivers with no salary cap around.

But I do agree that Bradshaw gets overlooked. Probably because of his dumb “aw shucks” personality. Very underrated.

I gave Brady a ton of credit. He deserves it.

But to think he's infallible is equally as retarded.

scho63
09-29-2019, 05:17 AM
Looks like very few back and forth games

notorious
09-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Last year was the first time I boycotted a Super Bowl.

I couldn’t get over the New Orleans fucking. You simply can’t miss that call unless something is crooked.

Fat Elvis
09-29-2019, 08:15 AM
Love how obsessed with the Patriots and Brady-bashing you all are. Great to know they’re so mind****ed into your heads that any thread heads this way, LOL. Maybe if Brady played when Bradshaw and Montana did, he’d have longer TD throws—you know, throwing to HOF receivers with no salary cap around.

Like Randy Moss?

I think what the visualization shows is that while Brady is really good, if not elite, at the short passing game, he isn't going to beat you the way you would think a QB would traditionally beat you. With the Pats, you essentially need to treat every play as a run play and every receiver like a running back mugging them at the line before Brady can get the quick dump off. Make Brady beat you with the deep ball because that ain't gonna happen.