PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 4: KC 34 DET 30

gblowfish
09-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 4: Chiefs 34 Lions 30

10. I have to apologize for taking so long to post this week’s Ten Things. It’s been a long day here at Stately Wayne Minor. For the first time in a long time, Mrs. B and I hosted a small watch party for some of our close friends. Mr. And Mrs. Doggity came out, as did my best man Gary and my pal Eric. Eric works for a major Mizzou donor and gets us court side seats to Mizzou Basketball Games, so I wanted to return the favor. Cleaned house all day yesterday (to give the illusion of a tidy house) and got up at the crack of dawn to get everything ready for the group. We had little smokies in a crock pot and all manner of snacks during the game, then after the game we had a dinner of ribeyes, twice baked, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, bbq beans, marinated mushrooms, hot rolls, black olives, strawberries, hot pickles, spicy pickled carrots and rum cake for desert. Crown XO Whiskey and Bob’s 47 beer for libations. So we ate good in the neighborhood. Had to take a little cat nap after we ate. Dozed off for a few minutes and woke up long enough to see Chase Daniel win and the Donks lose to Uncle Rico. I’ll attach a few pics of the morning. Meesh hid under the bed till company left, then came out and watched the Donks lose with me.

9. I took a peek at the game thread, and saw a lot of pissed off posts about the defense and about how Mahomes played. Please let me grab some of you Chicken Littles, grab you by the ears and SHAKE. WE WON. That’s all that matters. KC had only won once in the City of Detroit before (Edit). We’ve beaten the Lions in London and in KC. Detroit was undefeated (yes, it included a tie) but they beat Phyllis Rivers and Philly -who just beat Aaron Rodgers in his crib. So they are a legit team. I thought this would be a close game, less than six point difference, and I was right. Never ever EVER piss on a win. It’s really hard to win on the road in this league no matter where you play. And KC has a big target on their back this year because of Mahomes. We’re going to get every team’s best effort.

8. Let’s start with defense. From a passing perspective, Stafford was Mahomes today. He’s the guy who threw for just shy of 300 yards and three TDs with no picks. He did have a drive killing fumble in the red zone after a very questionable TD catch was reversed. Golladay beat our defensive backs all day long, including big chunk plays right down the middle and two spectacular TD catches. Kerryon Johnson ran for 125 on 26 carries, but had a game changing fumble on the goal line that Vreeland picked up off the carpet and ran back for a 99 yards TD. That’s a 14 point turnaround. Detroit’s offense played a great game. When you score 30 points at home you should win. Unless you’re facing Mahomes and Andy Reid.

7. Mahomes had a bad day. Yes, a bad day for him. Mahomes was zip for nine in passing attempts over 20 yards. He missed Robinson and Hardman on plays where both guys were open. Offense got shut out in the first quarter again, although that was due to Buttkicker missing a totally makable field goal from inside 40 yards. Despite being off target for a good part of the day, Mahomes still threw for over 315 yards and although he had no passing TDs, he also had no picks and no fumbles. He would have had a TD pass had Sammy Watkins been able to hold on for just an extra second on a catch attempt early on. KC gives up a scoring drive, then on their first drive misses the field goal, then Detroit gets the ball back and marches right down field and gets a TD putting Mahomes in a 10-0 hole right out of the gate. Nobody panicked. That’s a sign of a team that believes in itself.

6. This is the first week we’ve had turnover issues. Three lost fumbles; including fumbling away the ball the first two times we got it in the second half. Williams and Hardman both had the ball literally punched out of their grasp by a targeted fist. Both need to carry that ball high and tight. One of the only things that can beat the Chiefs are costly turnovers. Bienemy should make those guys sleep with a ball and carry it around all week until the Colts game.

5. On the positive side, Travis Kelce has his most important game of the year, bailing Mahomes out for first downs and more on several plays. The catch and lateral to Shady was a beautiful, and heads up play. Kelce could be a bonehead in his early years. He’s a vet now, and is learning how to play winning football. Backup TE Yelder had a couple nice catches and he works back into the rotation, and Byron Pringle had a big drive sustaining catch in the Fourth Quarter. Eight guys caught passes. Shame that Mahomes streak for multi TD games got broken, but it really doesn’t matter if you win.

4. Newspaper across the nose belongs to Special Teams. Buttkicker has been showing some troubling cracks in his armor. Missed a PAT last week against the Ravens, missed a reasonably easy FG inside 40 INDOORS this week. Hardman fumbling the opening kickoff took away all advantage to deferring to the second half. Too many times we’re trying to break a kickoff return and wind up inside the 20 because of bad blocking or penalty. Punt returns have been a little better. When Tyreek gets back, I’d get him back on both punt returns and kickoffs. Special teams have provided ZERO TDs thus far. Dave Toub needs to step it up in all aspects of that part of our game. We were out ST’ed today, that’s undeniable.

3. Frank Clark: no tackles, no sacks, no show. How much are we paying this guy? Ogbah ought to flip paychecks with Clark for the past two weeks. Another nice safety blitz by the Honey Badger, and Chris Jones is finally starting to impose his will. Our secondary guys are all showing up high up on the tackle stats. That’s not good, it means your front wall and linebackers are not doing the job. We still can’t stop the run, even against an average running team. Wilson led in tackles in this game, but no other linebacker made a decent showing. They did manage to get four sacks total against Stafford.

2. If you look at the basic stats, KC 438 total yards, Detroit 447. Both teams had 29 first downs. TOP was 34 mins for Detroit, 26 for KC. The mistake Detroit made was, they left Mahomes too much time. When Detroit got their final TD with 2:26 left, I looked at Mr. Doggity and said “They left Mahomie too much time.” Just like vintage Horse Face, on a critical 4th and long in KC’s own territory, Mahomes breaks loose with a scramble right up the middle of the field to sustain the drive. That’s a back breaker to a defense. The Chiefs broadcast said Patricia was playing the same kind of defense Bellicheat played against us last year in the AFC Championship game. Difference is, Mahomes is a year older, and Patricia ain’t Bellicheat.

1. So KC is 4-0, same as the Cheatriots. Denver gets defeat snatched from the jaws of victory and lose their second game on a last second FG kick, falling to 0-4. Let me just take a quick second to say that again…Denver, 0-4 BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Faiders manage to beat Indy in Indy, because Colts had five dropped passes for first downs, and Backup Luck threw a pick six (Oakland’s only INT so far this year) to blow the game. I really hate the Colts and want to roll them on National TV next Sunday night. I want to shove it where the sun don’t shine on Tony Dungy. Hope we beat them by 30. So, we don’t play well, but play well enough to win. That’s what it’s all about. BTW: I will not be able to do the Ten Things after the Chiefs-Texans game, so if you would like to be a special guest Ten Things writer, drop me a PM, tell me why you deserve to step in, and I’ll pick the substitute teach for that week. Oh, and speaking of the Faid, Burfict got kicked out for a dirty hit over the middle in today’s game. I was afraid that’s what he’d try to lay on Mahomes. We’ve gotta keep an eye on him when Oakland comes to Arrowhead. That guy can ruin a season.

T-post Tom
09-29-2019, 06:57 PM
First in. George rocks!

wheeler08
09-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Reading on way home from game

threebag
09-29-2019, 07:04 PM
As always :thumb: :thumb:

Deberg_1990
09-29-2019, 07:07 PM
I thought that last drive was very Joe Montana like. What I mean by that was all the short passes and the YAC the recievers accumulated. Plus they got out of bounds.

Coochie liquor
09-29-2019, 07:07 PM
4 weeks of playing unbeaten teams. And we’re still 4-0, with 3 being road wins. I’ll take it. I think I saw a star that said opposing teams were only hitting 61% of FG in that stadium. Could be wrong though.

TribalElder
09-29-2019, 07:08 PM
In

LoneWolf
Is that a picture of you and your wife behind the coffee cup. If so, tell Mrs. Blowfish that hair is freaking glorious!

Hammock Parties
I took a peek at the game thread, and saw a lot of pissed off posts about the defense and about how Mahomes played. Please let me grab some of you Chicken Littles, grab you by the ears and SHAKE. WE WON. That’s all that matters.

1. George's inner homer is peeking out and I love it.

KC had NEVER won in the City of Detroit before. We’ve beaten the Lions in London and in KC, but never won a roadie in Detroit.

2. We won there in '96 - how could you forget?!?!

KC_Lee
09-29-2019, 07:09 PM
Another good 10 Things.

This seems a right place to post this; since week 1 I have not washed the outfit I wore during the JAX game. My 15 Mahomes jersey, white tee-shirt, olive green short, and same boxer briefs.

Every Sunday I follow the same ritual;
- get all my weekly cooking done (newly single after 18 years...long story...don't want to go into it)
- eat the same pre-game meal (teryuakki pork loin and a diet green tea)
- don my outfit 30 mins before kickoff
- and no shower before the game, hey it's Sunday and I ain't going anywhere.

Once the game is over I take the outfit off, hang it up, change and celebrate another win.

I will not launder this outfit until KC losses its first game.
I will not eat anything different for lunch until KC losses its first game
I will not shower Sunday morning until KC losses its first game

Superstitious? Yes. Does it seem to be working? Oh HELL Yes!!!

Randallflagg
09-29-2019, 07:10 PM
I was pleasantly surprised at the game today. Adversity reared its' ugly head for the Chiefs and they took it by the throat and choked the crap out of it. Ugly game, to be sure. However, they won and, in the end, that's what counts.

Great read George!

gblowfish
09-29-2019, 07:10 PM
1. George's inner homer is peeking out and I love it.

That was in Pontiac... :)

PHOG
09-29-2019, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the write-up. That was a masterful game-winning drive. :thumb:

Flying High D
09-29-2019, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the write up.

bsp4444
09-29-2019, 07:14 PM
Opposing teams kickers are 61% in that dome.

Ken Bone
09-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Great read as always George!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2019, 07:20 PM
Florio is flowing tears

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There was possible pass interference on the Hail Mary at the end of Lions-Chiefs; the league office opted against a full-blown replay review <a href="https://t.co/mzrCGmMj6s">https://t.co/mzrCGmMj6s</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1178454762368491520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

siberian khatru
09-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Florio is flowing tears

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There was possible pass interference on the Hail Mary at the end of Lions-Chiefs; the league office opted against a full-blown replay review <a href="https://t.co/mzrCGmMj6s">https://t.co/mzrCGmMj6s</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1178454762368491520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope a dildo prolapses Florio’s anus

RedRaider56
09-29-2019, 07:22 PM
Nice write up, as always!

farmerchief
09-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Kudos George!

GloryDayz
09-29-2019, 07:24 PM
As always George, GREAT write-up. Now that I've gone back and seen the game (with skip-forward ability!!!), you're spot-on. As always!

THANK YOU!!!

bricks
09-29-2019, 07:26 PM

10. I have to apologize for taking so long to post this week’s Ten Things. It’s been a long day here at Stately Wayne Minor. For the first time in a long time, Mrs. B and I hosted a small watch party for some of our close friends. Mr. And Mrs. Doggity came out, as did my best man Gary and my pal Eric. Eric works for a major Mizzou donor and gets us court side seats to Mizzou Basketball Games, so I wanted to return the favor. Cleaned house all day yesterday (to give the illusion of a tidy house) and got up at the crack of dawn to get everything ready for the group. We had little smokies in a crock pot and all manner of snacks during the game, then after the game we had a dinner of ribeyes, twice baked, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, bbq beans, marinated mushrooms, hot rolls, black olives, strawberries, hot pickles, spicy pickled carrots and rum cake for desert. Crown XO Whiskey and Bob’s 47 beer for libations. So we ate good in the neighborhood. Had to take a little cat nap after we ate. Dozed off for a few minutes and woke up long enough to see Chase Daniel win and the Donks lose to Uncle Rico. I’ll attach a few pics of the morning. Meesh hid under the bed till company left, then came out and watched the Donks lose with me.

9. I took a peek at the game thread, and saw a lot of pissed off posts about the defense and about how Mahomes played. Please let me grab some of you Chicken Littles, grab you by the ears and SHAKE. WE WON. That’s all that matters. KC had NEVER won in the City of Detroit before. We’ve beaten the Lions in London and in KC, but never won a roadie in Detroit. So we make history. Detroit was undefeated (yes, it included a tie) but they beat Phyllis Rivers and Philly -who just beat Aaron Rodgers in his crib. So they are a legit team. I thought this would be a close game, less than six point difference, and I was right. Never ever EVER piss on a win. It’s really hard to win on the road in this league no matter where you play. And KC has a big target on their back this year because of Mahomes. We’re going to get every team’s best effort.

8. Let’s start with defense. From a passing perspective, Stafford was Mahomes today. He’s the guy who threw for just shy of 300 yards and three TDs with no picks. He did have a drive killing fumble in the red zone after a very questionable TD catch was reversed. Golladay beat our defensive backs all day long, including big chunk plays right down the middle and two spectacular TD catches. Kerryon Johnson ran for 125 on 26 carries, but had a game changing fumble on the goal line that Vreeland picked up off the carpet and ran back for a 99 yards TD. That’s a 14 point turnaround. Detroit’s offense played a great game. When you score 30 points at home you should win. Unless you’re facing Mahomes and Andy Reid.

7. Mahomes had a bad day. Yes, a bad day for him. Mahomes was zip for nine in passing attempts over 20 yards. He missed Robinson and Hardman on plays where both guys were open. Offense got shut out in the first quarter again, although that was due to Buttkicker missing a totally makable field goal from inside 40 yards. Despite being off target for a good part of the day, Mahomes still threw for over 315 yards and although he had no passing TDs, he also had no picks and no fumbles. He would have had a TD pass had Sammy Watkins been able to hold on for just an extra second on a catch attempt early on. KC gives up a scoring drive, then on their first drive misses the field goal, then Detroit gets the ball back and marches right down field and gets a TD putting Mahomes in a 10-0 hole right out of the gate. Nobody panicked. That’s a sign of a team that believes in itself.

6. This is the first week we’ve had turnover issues. Three lost fumbles; including fumbling away the ball the first two times we got it in the second half. Williams and Hardman both had the ball literally punched out of their grasp by a targeted fist. Both need to carry that ball high and tight. One of the only things that can beat the Chiefs are costly turnovers. Bienemy should make those guys sleep with a ball and carry it around all week until the Colts game.

5. On the positive side, Travis Kelce has his most important game of the year, bailing Mahomes out for first downs and more on several plays. The catch and lateral to Shady was a beautiful, and heads up play. Kelce could be a bonehead in his early years. He’s a vet now, and is learning how to play winning football. Backup TE Yelder had a couple nice catches and he works back into the rotation, and Byron Pringle had a big drive sustaining catch in the Fourth Quarter. Eight guys caught passes. Shame that Mahomes streak for multi TD games got broken, but it really doesn’t matter if you win.

4. Newspaper across the nose belongs to Special Teams. Buttkicker has been showing some troubling cracks in his armor. Missed a PAT last week against the Ravens, missed a reasonably easy FG inside 40 INDOORS this week. Hardman fumbling the opening kickoff took away all advantage to deferring to the second half. Too many times we’re trying to break a kickoff return and wind up inside the 20 because of bad blocking or penalty. Punt returns have been a little better. When Tyreek gets back, I’d get him back on both punt returns and kickoffs. Special teams have provided ZERO TDs thus far. Dave Toub needs to step it up in all aspects of that part of our game. We were out ST’ed today, that’s undeniable.

3. Frank Clark: no tackles, no sacks, no show. How much are we paying this guy? Ogbah ought to flip paychecks with Clark for the past two weeks. Another nice safety blitz by the Honey Badger, and Chris Jones is finally starting to impose his will. Our secondary guys are all showing up high up on the tackle stats. That’s not good, it means your front wall and linebackers are not doing the job. We still can’t stop the run, even against an average running team. Wilson led in tackles in this game, but no other linebacker made a decent showing. They did manage to get four sacks total against Stafford.

2. If you look at the basic stats, KC 438 total yards, Detroit 447. Both teams had 29 first downs. TOP was 34 mins for Detroit, 26 for KC. The mistake Detroit made was, they left Mahomes too much time. When Detroit got their final TD with 2:26 left, I looked at Mr. Doggity and said “They left Mahomie too much time.” Just like vintage Horse Face, on a critical 4th and long in KC’s own territory, Mahomes breaks loose with a scramble right up the middle of the field to sustain the drive. That’s a back breaker to a defense. The Chiefs broadcast said Patricia was playing the same kind of defense Bellicheat played against us last year in the AFC Championship game. Difference is, Mahomes is a year older, and Patricia ain’t Bellicheat.

1. So KC is 4-0, same as the Cheatriots. Denver gets defeat snatched from the jaws of victory and lose their second game on a last second FG kick, falling to 0-4. Let me just take a quick second to say that again…Denver, 0-4 BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Faiders manage to beat Indy in Indy, because Colts had five dropped passes for first downs, and Backup Luck threw a pick six (Oakland’s only INT so far this year) to blow the game. I really hate the Colts and want to roll them on National TV next Sunday night. I want to shove it where the sun don’t shine on Tony Dungy. Hope we beat them by 30. So, we don’t play well, but play well enough to win. That’s what it’s all about. BTW: I will not be able to do the Ten Things after the Chiefs-Texans game, so if you would like to be a special guest Ten Things writer, drop me a PM, tell me why you deserve to step in, and I’ll pick the substitute teach for that week. Oh, and speaking of the Faid, Burfict got kicked out for a dirty hit over the middle in today’s game. I was afraid that’s what he’d try to lay on Mahomes. We’ve gotta keep an eye on him when Oakland comes to Arrowhead. That guy can ruin a season.

No apologies. I appreciate the effort. Good read:thumb:

*No matter how they get it done, a win is a win. Im happy with the result.

DenverChief
09-29-2019, 07:42 PM
I disagree on Frank Clark. He is getting extra attention because He is who he is but that leaves Ogbah and Okafor in one on one's and guess what happens Okafor and Ogbah have 3.5 sacks between them.

TLO
09-29-2019, 07:43 PM
GG Lions.

mnchiefsguy
09-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Thanks George!

KChiefs1
09-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Great read George.

rabblerouser

Marcus Allen!

gblowfish
I disagree on Frank Clark. He is getting extra attention because He is who he is but that leaves Ogbah and Okafor in one on one's and guess what happens Okafor and Ogbah have 3.5 sacks between them.

Dee Ford has more sacks thus far than Clark.

rabblerouser
Great read, George!

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Dee Ford has more sacks thus far than Clark.

How many offsides penalties he got so far?

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 07:53 PM

Correct. Clark is commanding double teams on every down, leaving Ogbah, Jones and Okafor one on one.

I'll take it.

MahiMike
09-29-2019, 07:57 PM
One of your better write-ups. Naps are awesome. Thanks George.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2019, 08:01 PM
When Detroit got their final TD with 2:26 left, I looked at Mr. Doggity and said “They left Mahomie too much time.”

What a great feeling it is to say this with confidence.

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 08:01 PM
Correct. Clark is commanding double teams on every down, leaving Ogbah, Jones and Okafor one on one.

I'll take it.

Lmao, no he's not

Hammock Parties
09-29-2019, 08:02 PM
That was in Pontiac... :)

Oh shit. I got one-uppped. :LOL:

DenverChief
09-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Lmao, no he's not

Oh I can play this game too....yes he is!

gblowfish
09-29-2019, 08:08 PM
No he's not....INFINITY!!!!

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2019, 08:08 PM

I'll take it.

Ehh, not every down. But I agree, he's being doubled a ton. Just seems like he should be making a few more splash plays for that paycheck, but whatever.

Nice write up George. Sounds like it was a great day for you!

Mecca
09-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Apparently kicking in that dome sucks, opposing kicker % is 61% at that stadium.

DenverChief
09-29-2019, 08:32 PM
No he's not....INFINITY!!!!

LMAO

Stryker
09-29-2019, 08:53 PM
Awesome post George as always. Agree with #9. People must understand that QBs Stafford and Rivers are ALWAYS going to be gunslingers. This was a tough road game but we prevailed, that is ALL THAT COUNTS. We live to fight another day UNDEFEATED. I can honestly say, that I did not panic at all, also, I had D. Williams as my RB in FF! Woot! Excellent victory on the road and I am very happy to be a fan of one of the only 2 remaining undefeated teams in the AFC. If Josh Allen had not gone down, who knows, we might be the ONLY undefeated team in the AFC. It's all good and lets move on! Cheers my CP brethren! Still undefeated and we got through what I would call a true trap game. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

FloridaMan88
09-29-2019, 08:55 PM

I'll take it.

What the hell are you watching?

Frank Clark was getting mostly single blocked today and he looked like Eric Hicks.

Naptown Chief
09-29-2019, 08:58 PM
I think I saw a star that said opposing teams were only hitting 61% of FG in that stadium. Could be wrong though.

Opposing teams kickers are 61% in that dome.

Apparently kicking in that dome sucks, opposing kicker % is 61% at that stadium.

I would like to point out, since apparently nobody else is going to, that opposing kickers are only 61% in that stadium

tk13
09-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Clark definitely needs to show up, but he definitely was being doubled at times too.

I find it weird that kickers would have a hard time indoors, but maybe there's something about that stadium. I think it's been a weird year for kickers overall. While New England is rolling, it's kind of gone under the radar that Gostkowski is struggling. He's missed 4 extra points in 4 games.

loochy
09-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Hey guys, I heard that kickers are only 61% in Detroit. Can anyone confirm this?

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 09:33 PM
I would like to point out, since apparently nobody else is going to, that opposing kickers are only 61% in that stadium

I read about that somewhere.

What the hell are you watching?

Frank Clark was getting mostly single blocked today and he looked like Eric Hicks.

I would like to point out, since apparently nobody else is going to, that Frank Clark is getting constant and consistent double teams, and that KCChiefsFan88 may need glasses or to clean his TV off, or maybe he doesn't know that Frank Clark wears #55, because I obviously watched the same game these guys watched :

Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.

Ehh, not every down. But I agree, he's being doubled a ton. Just seems like he should be making a few more splash plays for that paycheck, but whatever.

Clark definitely needs to show up, but he definitely was being doubled at times too.

ping2000
09-29-2019, 09:34 PM
I would like to point out, since apparently nobody else is going to, that opposing kickers are only 61% in that stadiumBarely above Sex Panther level.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190930/3d43b72e4cfa615127c07d3a3cb6a321.jpg

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Barely above Sex Panther level.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190930/3d43b72e4cfa615127c07d3a3cb6a321.jpg

It's got bits of real panther in it so you know it's good.

ping2000
09-29-2019, 09:46 PM
It's got bits of real panther in it so you know it's good.We should all chip in and buy some for the defense.

EPodolak
09-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Just finished the DVR of the game. Strange and a little painful too, for a win. Happy there are none of those awful covered-warehouse stadiums in our division, that's not how pro football should go down.

cabletech94
09-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Great write up as usual. I can't believe im still up. this will be the longest week ever.

i do have a question about your spead at your little black panther party. Did you dish out little smokies with cheddar in them? because if you didn't, you obviously hated your guests.

p.s. 61% assholes!!

way to goooooooo chiefs!!!!

scho63
09-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Thanks GBlowfish as that was a game we probably deserved to lose.

-One touchdown slightly bobbled as Lions receiver catches it in end zone (We dodged a bullet)
-Stafford then rolls out and as he is changing hands to protect the ball he drops it and Chris Jones scoops it up (We dodge a bullet)
-Lions RB spins onto his back as he tries to dive into end zone and as he stretches out one of the Chiefs forearm hits the ball, it falls on the ground and everyone seems frozen waiting for a call or whistle except Breeland, who scoops it up and gallops 99 yards for a TD (Dodge a bullet and flip 14 points)
-Lions didn't pass once into the end zone on their first drive from inside the 5. Horrible play calling for them but great for us only giving up 3.

Mahomes seemed sloppy early on, the receivers were running shit routes again by having terrible or late breaks to finish off the cut, and Lions defenders began PUNCHING at the ball on every tackle and the Chiefs were coughing it up like a charity event.

Lions took little advantage of the turnover opportunities and the one time we got a TO we gave it back shortly thereafter.

Hardman had a nice return to start the 2nd half right up until the moment he spit it out.

Watkins looked just OK

Kelce and McCoy played the best and Kelce has just become such a great leader. No more bone head plays and yellow flags.

Kicking game just average at best these days.

Our defense is starting to miss tackles again and those deep crossing routes are killing us.

Mahomes once again took the game on his back and that 4th and 8 run to save the game winning drive was HOF worthy and a reminder of those QB's like Elway KILLED us with that shit all the time.

Overall the Chiefs performed at a C+ but it was good enough for a win because well, the Lions are a team that loses games like this all the time.

DanT
09-29-2019, 10:46 PM

7. Mahomes had a bad day... He would have had a TD pass had Sammy Watkins been able to hold on for just an extra second on a catch attempt early on.

There was an offensive pass interference penalty called on that play, so it wouldn't have counted as a TD had Watkins caught it. Nevertheless, Mahomes is awesome and so is gblowfish for putting together this must-read feature after the games!

Prison Bitch
09-29-2019, 11:08 PM
eric works for a major Mizzou donor and gets us court side seats to Mizzou Basketball Games, so

Doesn’t sound like much of a friend.

Lol. I agreed with your ST points. It’s been struggling all season.

TwistedChief
09-30-2019, 02:28 AM
Great write-up as always.

Bottom line: we won. It won't always be pretty. This game was absolutely disgusting and probably the least enjoyable game I've been to - even with the win - since the 2017 home game against Buffalo when we didn't have a first down in the first half and Marcus Peters yelled at you for being mean to Alex.

We have warts. Some serious ones. But everybody does. We also have Mahomes and he's going to spend an entire career covering for them. Time to just buckle up and enjoy the ride...

BlackHelicopters
09-30-2019, 06:58 AM
Just read this morning. Right on target. Thanks, G.

Bwana
09-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Great Job George.

Talisman
09-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the write-up, George. I learned a lot from the comments too. I'm going to be hanging out at the water cooler to make sure everyone knows that Frank Clark gets double teamed 61% of the time in that stadium.

SNAFU
09-30-2019, 08:00 AM
I appreciate your efforts, George. I look forward to 10 things each week.

Does anyone know anything about a blow up on the sidelines between Mahomes and Kelce after the game? I figured if there was anything to it, it would have been discussed.

I listened to the game on the radio and never heard anything about it.

burt
09-30-2019, 08:08 AM
No one has yet mentioned how effective Detroits defense Ball Punching(damn, sounds painful), was!! Those fumbles weren't all ball handling issues!! Detroit PUNCHED those balls into fumbles. 1) Out d needs to work on that. 2) Our offense should prepare for more of that.

Marcellus
09-30-2019, 08:09 AM
4 weeks of playing unbeaten teams. And we’re still 4-0, with 3 being road wins. I’ll take it. I think I saw a star that said opposing teams were only hitting 61% of FG in that stadium. Could be wrong though.

This is good stuff right here Coochie liquor.

GloryDayz
09-30-2019, 08:10 AM
No one has yet mentioned how effective Detroits defense Ball Punching(damn, sounds painful), was!! Those fumbles weren't all ball handling issues!! Detroit PUNCHED those balls into fumbles. 1) Out d needs to work on that. 2) Our offense should prepare for more of that.

I did mention it at the end of the game day thread. And yes to all you said.

Marcellus
09-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Good write up as usual but i will add Watkins getting the ball knocked out in the EZ didn't matter, Kelce was called for OPI on that play anyway.

burt
09-30-2019, 08:27 AM
I did mention it at the end of the game day thread. And yes to all you said.

HEY!!! No cross thread facts!!!;)

ping2000
09-30-2019, 08:28 AM
No one has yet mentioned how effective Detroits defense Ball Punching(damn, sounds painful), was!! Those fumbles weren't all ball handling issues!! Detroit PUNCHED those balls into fumbles. 1) Out d needs to work on that. 2) Our offense should prepare for more of that.Our defense needs to learn basic tackling before they attempt advanced moves.

oldman
09-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the usual fine write up, George.

I'm going to agree with you about our passing game. PMII and our receivers were just not in sync on the long ball yesterday. That's fine, if the opposing D is going to give up the 12-15 yard routes, there's no law that says we can't march right down the field to score. I'll admit it's not quite as fun, but it puts points on the board. Bottom line is when the game was on the line, our star put the team on his back and willed the victory. I haven't seen much of that since the days of Lenny the Cool.

Our D is still a work in progress. How many times did we have the runner stopped for a loss or no gain, only to see our guy whiff and the result was a 10 yard gain. That has to end. Call Mr. Lanier and have him show those guys how to lay the wood on a runner. Or DJ.

Kman34
09-30-2019, 09:30 AM
Thanks.. spot on as usual... Kelce must have some good Mojo lately... seems like if he tried that lateral earlier in his career it would have went terribly bad...

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 09:40 AM
One thing I forgot to mention was how nobody even said a word about Mahomes' ankle. I'm sure he's still not 100% but he made it through on crappy indoor turf. Look at all the QB's that have gone down or been benched in just four weeks; Rapistburger, Brees, Darnold, Allen, Newton, Mitch the Bitchky, Eli, Keenan (and Luck retiring on the eve of the opener). That's around 30% of the starters already toast one month in. Wow. As the fuzzy little ADHD dude kept yelling next to me at the Ravens game "PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK!!!" He may have been on to something after all...

Lzen
09-30-2019, 09:58 AM

I'll take it.

But is he really? Every down? Hmmmm, I don't know about that. He is getting some and I'll cut him a little slack for that. Still, he has not lived up to the billing, so far.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 10:02 AM

Don't forget Sammy Watkins.

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 10:06 AM
Burfict has been suspended for the rest of the year for a dirty hit in the Colts game. Good riddance to that POS.

Buehler445
09-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Great read George. Thanks.

RE:ST I think the league made returns a point of emphasis or something and they're calling more holds across the board. But the shit has to stop. Either that or make it a concerted effort to just fair catch or let it go out of the endzone. Jesus. If Smith was here it would kill every drive.

RE: Mahomes numbers. I didn't think he played all that badly. It's hard telling whether he overshot those passes or the receivers lost at the LOS and the timing was fucked up. But after all the fumbles and bad breaks we got, one has to be impressed with his composure. And I was grinning like a fool on the 2 minute drive. GOD DAMN it's fun to be on this end of those drives.

RE: Kelce. Game ball. Detroit came into the game trying to beat us up and they did a pretty decent job. They were especially hard on Kelce. But he did what winners do and made plays.

The lateral, you're right, took awareness, but it also took some massive stones. We lost 3 fumbles, they lost 2, and you're going to try that shit? Whoooooo boy. But hey man, when you're a BAMF you can do those things.

The other play that stands out to me, was there was a play where he was out of, started in double coverage, the action went the other way, his defenders left and he got in Mahomes field of vision, Mahomes (is a God), came off all of his reads and made the throw for a big first down. That's a largely unheralded play, but my God. That level of awareness hasn't been here maybe since Marty, and that was all on the defensive side.

RE: Breeland. He's having himself a nice little run here. Anyway, the big play everyone is talking about is a dandy. Credit to the refs for not fucking it up (for fucking once). And credit to Breeland for doing the right thing. I didn't realize until NBCs highlights that he came from so far away.

I think it is indicative of the difference between Belicheat and Patricia. Belicheat's team would never quit before the whistle. If they did, he'd cut them all. Also, I didn't realize Patricia had such a punchable face. My God.

All in all, this is the kind of game we have to win. And almost never do, historically. Big win.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Burfict has been suspended for the rest of the year for a dirty hit in the Colts game. Good riddance to that POS.

Good. Don't need dirty players in this league. Suh should be gone, too. Unless, of course, he's changed his ways.

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Great write up as usual. I can't believe im still up. this will be the longest week ever.

i do have a question about your spead at your little black panther party. Did you dish out little smokies with cheddar in them? because if you didn't, you obviously hated your guests.

p.s. 61% assholes!!

way to goooooooo chiefs!!!!

Ekridge Little Smokies in the crock pot with Memphis Rendevous BBQ sauce. Why Memphis sauce? Becasue Memphis sauce goes great with pork, and I didn't want to waste the good stuff on snackie food. BBQed shrimp on the grill with Danny Edwards BBQ sauce for dinner. That was super tasty.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Great read George. Thanks.

RE:ST I think the league made returns a point of emphasis or something and they're calling more holds across the board. But the shit has to stop. Either that or make it a concerted effort to just fair catch or let it go out of the endzone. Jesus. If Smith was here it would kill every drive.

RE: Mahomes numbers. I didn't think he played all that badly. It's hard telling whether he overshot those passes or the receivers lost at the LOS and the timing was ****ed up. But after all the fumbles and bad breaks we got, one has to be impressed with his composure. And I was grinning like a fool on the 2 minute drive. GOD DAMN it's fun to be on this end of those drives.

RE: Kelce. Game ball. Detroit came into the game trying to beat us up and they did a pretty decent job. They were especially hard on Kelce. But he did what winners do and made plays.

The lateral, you're right, took awareness, but it also took some massive stones. We lost 3 fumbles, they lost 2, and you're going to try that shit? Whoooooo boy. But hey man, when you're a BAMF you can do those things.

The other play that stands out to me, was there was a play where he was out of, started in double coverage, the action went the other way, his defenders left and he got in Mahomes field of vision, Mahomes (is a God), came off all of his reads and made the throw for a big first down. That's a largely unheralded play, but my God. That level of awareness hasn't been here maybe since Marty, and that was all on the defensive side.

RE: Breeland. He's having himself a nice little run here. Anyway, the big play everyone is talking about is a dandy. Credit to the refs for not ****ing it up (for ****ing once). And credit to Breeland for doing the right thing. I didn't realize until NBCs highlights that he came from so far away.

I think it is indicative of the difference between Belicheat and Patricia. Belicheat's team would never quit before the whistle. If they did, he'd cut them all. Also, I didn't realize Patricia had such a punchable face. My God.

All in all, this is the kind of game we have to win. And almost never do, historically. Big win.

Agree with all your comments on Kelce. I have always liked Kelce since he started playing for the Chiefs but yeah, it's nice that he has matured into a great leader.

As for the Patricia gameplan, I think he probably talked to his old mentor and that's where he came up with this gameplan. You know NE is going to do the same thing until we prove that we can handle it.

Buehler445
09-30-2019, 10:26 AM
Agree with all your comments on Kelce. I have always liked Kelce since he started playing for the Chiefs but yeah, it's nice that he has matured into a great leader.

As for the Patricia gameplan, I think he probably talked to his old mentor and that's where he came up with this gameplan. You know NE is going to do the same thing until we prove that we can handle it.

Kind of. The coverage may have been the same, they just rolled the double coverage to from Tyreek to Kelce. But what fucked us up in the AFCCG, was the DTs both would stunt around the DEs. Which wasn't on film anywhere, from anybody. That did 2 things, kept Mahomes in the pocket and confused him. Then we raped faces in the second half. Detroit didn't try that noise.

And let's be real here. We beat that defense. And proceeded to fumble the game away.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Kind of. The coverage may have been the same, they just rolled the double coverage to from Tyreek to Kelce. But what ****ed us up in the AFCCG, was the DTs both would stunt around the DEs. Which wasn't on film anywhere, from anybody. That did 2 things, kept Mahomes in the pocket and confused him. Then we raped faces in the second half. Detroit didn't try that noise.

And let's be real here. We beat that defense. And proceeded to fumble the game away.

Oh, I have faith that Reid, Mahomes, and company will be able to handle it this time around. My biggest concern is still whether or not the defense can slow down NE.

Carlota69
09-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Another good 10 Things.

This seems a right place to post this; since week 1 I have not washed the outfit I wore during the JAX game. My 15 Mahomes jersey, white tee-shirt, olive green short, and same boxer briefs.

Every Sunday I follow the same ritual;
- get all my weekly cooking done (newly single after 18 years...long story...don't want to go into it)
- eat the same pre-game meal (teryuakki pork loin and a diet green tea)
- don my outfit 30 mins before kickoff
- and no shower before the game, hey it's Sunday and I ain't going anywhere.

Once the game is over I take the outfit off, hang it up, change and celebrate another win.

I will not launder this outfit until KC losses its first game.
I will not eat anything different for lunch until KC losses its first game
I will not shower Sunday morning until KC losses its first game

Superstitious? Yes. Does it seem to be working? Oh HELL Yes!!!

LOVE THIS!!!!
I do the same, as far as ritual. on Red Friday I wear the same jersey and undershirt, and i wear it allllll day. Then on Sunday I wear exactly the same shirt and jersey. On MOnday, I wash both and begin again on Friday.

Buehler445
09-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Oh, I have faith that Reid, Mahomes, and company will be able to handle it this time around. My biggest concern is still whether or not the defense can slow down NE.
Well kind of. I doubt Belicheat rolls out with the same defense. At least in the playoffs. I'm guessing he gives Mahomes a different look.

otherstar
09-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Thanks George! We've forgotten what it was like to have a less-than-elite QB. Mahomes put up numbers that would have been very good for Alex Smith, but with Alex Smith the Chiefs probably wouldn't have won this game. Period.

suzzer99
09-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Ekridge Little Smokies in the crock pot with Memphis Rendevous BBQ sauce. Why Memphis sauce? Becasue Memphis sauce goes great with pork, and I didn't want to waste the good stuff on snackie food. BBQed shrimp on the grill with Danny Edwards BBQ sauce for dinner. That was super tasty.

Danny Edwards and my uncle are lifelong buddies. I grew up playing with his kid. I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves as one of the best BBQ places in KC. The Big D is the best BBQ sandwich in the world for my money. It bums me out though that he closes for Xmas every yeah when I come back to KC.

Also how's Meesh Meesh? Need cat pics and updates.

St. Patty's Fire
09-30-2019, 11:57 AM
The receivers? Yeah, their performance...it wasn’t good.

Kelce showed us why he’s a leader on this team. Same with Pat, of course. Detroit was consistently getting pressure off the edge with 3(!!!) and 4 guys, that can’t be happening. If they’re bringing 3 we still need to chip and double team, can’t just let them bowl through our tackles 1 on 1. Definitely starting to miss Fish, he’s not perfect but he’s better than what we have at LT right now, that’s for damn sure. Oh, and Pat had some missed opportunities to step up into the pocket in those instances, dude needs to realize he can’t make throws off platform standing still when there’s guys draped all over him.

Think the D is being judged a little too harshly by some. The offense constantly put them in a bad spot all game, we had 3 turnovers in our territory. Detroit has a good offense, Stafford played a very, very good game. People are acting like we were playing against JAGs, Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones are excellent WRs and Hockenson is like the best TE prospect in forever (yeah he got killed but still). I was pleased by the pressure we were able to generate, Detroit’s offensive line had done a good job keeping Stafford upright prior to this game.

BlackHelicopters
09-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Our linebackers seemed non- existent.

ptlyon
09-30-2019, 01:07 PM
I was surprisingly calm during this game. Mahomes was missing targets and the team just did not have a rhythm. All those fumbles, we deserved to lose. But I just seemed to know on that last drive victory would be ours. I've never had that feeling as a Chiefs fan before in my life. It's unreal.

Otter
09-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Thanks GB!

The only thing I'd add is Lucas' performance on ST to #4. That guy had a trifecta of very bad plays and needs to be put on the demotion to the practice squad radar.

Marcellus
09-30-2019, 01:20 PM
Stole this from Seth Kysor but I think it sums the game up perfectly.

If it weren’t for their defense stepping up, the Kansas City Chiefs would have lost to the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

If it weren’t for the Chiefs’ defense struggling, they would have beaten the Lions much more convincingly.

Incredibly, one could swap out the word “defense” for “offense” in the above two sentences, and they would be just as accurate.

Marcellus
09-30-2019, 01:21 PM
I was surprisingly calm during this game. Mahomes was missing targets and the team just did not have a rhythm. All those fumbles, we deserved to lose. But I just seemed to know on that last drive victory would be ours. I've never had that feeling as a Chiefs fan before in my life. It's unreal.

X2

Ubeja Vontell
09-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Chiefs have won three road games in the first four weeks, that isn't easy.

I put nothing into the game, they beat a good team on the road.

Moving on.

carcosa
09-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Chiefs have won three road games in the first four weeks, that isn't easy.

I put nothing into the game, they beat a good team on the road.

Moving on.

Wow excellent analysis

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Danny Edwards and my uncle are lifelong buddies. I grew up playing with his kid. I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves as one of the best BBQ places in KC. The Big D is the best BBQ sandwich in the world for my money. It bums me out though that he closes for Xmas every yeah when I come back to KC.

Also how's Meesh Meesh? Need cat pics and updates.

I like Danny Edwards sauce. It's great for things like chicken strip dipping, and good on grilled burgers too.

Meesh Meesh is doing fine. He lost his two cat pals Neighbor Cat and Ginger Cat earlier this year, so he's our "only cat child" now. He gets lonesome sometimes, especially for Neighbor Cat. They were very close. He's lost a little weight, and he has allergies, but he's hanging in there. He's my buddy. Here he is yesterday morning at Sunrise when I was getting up and going to host the watch party.

suzzer99
09-30-2019, 01:30 PM
He looks lonely. Are you gonna get him a friend?

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 01:40 PM
He looks lonely. Are you gonna get him a friend?

If the right situation comes along, we might. But he also kind of likes the perks of being an only child. He gets all the attention now, and nobody else uses his cat box. So he's got that goin for him.

gblowfish
09-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Here's what the Detroit Free Press had to say:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/09/30/mitch-albom-detroit-lions-kansas-city-chiefs/3815378002/

Hydrae
09-30-2019, 03:55 PM
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/09/30/mitch-albom-detroit-lions-kansas-city-chiefs/3815378002/

Well written article. I found this little factoid interesting:

Nobody except a clever cornerback named Bashaud Breeland, who was once a champion track star in California.

I know we have a lot of speed on offense, didn't know we had a track star on defense too.

Oh, and thanks as always for your 10 things, George! Sounds like a fun day in the casa.

tmax63
09-30-2019, 04:43 PM
If the right situation comes along, we might. But he also kind of likes the perks of being an only child. He gets all the attention now, and nobody else uses his cat box. So he's got that goin for him.

That was more of a "what the hell are you doing getting up at this hour of the day" look. Don't underestimate the feeling of freedom of not having to share your litterbox whether feline or human.

Easy 6
09-30-2019, 05:49 PM

That was a damn good read from Mitch Albom, hearing about it from the other side adds a welcome twist

To echo him, we should be proud too, ugly though it was that was a VERY tough game these guys gritted their teeth through

But there’s nothing to feel satisfied about, we’re not THERE yet

cabletech94
09-30-2019, 05:51 PM
after that win, i say we all head to george's house for a "little smokie" party!!!

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!

/no homo. unless you're into that thing.

eDave
09-30-2019, 09:11 PM
Florio is flowing tears

Those comments are salty as heck. Man.

stevieray
09-30-2019, 09:16 PM

ya, that was me too. To a T. Calm.....

I knew at the very minimum we would get in FG range, if not score outright.

big nasty kcnut
09-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Great read george like i told my dad patrick footing was off because he used to grass. Plus our defense is still evolving. One last thing is that we got a qb that want to win and find a way to do it.

ptlyon
10-01-2019, 08:25 AM
ya, that was me too. To a T. Calm.....

I knew at the very minimum we would get in FG range, if not score outright.

We've come to a new era of Chiefs football friends

RedRaider56
10-01-2019, 08:36 AM

that was a well written article. Thanks for sharing it

xbarretx
10-01-2019, 08:48 AM
We've come to a new era of Chiefs football friends

The biggest need for #TheKingdom is the majority of fans (bandwagon or not) need to accept the paradigm shift....we are NOT in the 90's and certainly not early 2000's. We have for the .... well ill say FIRST time... a legitimate QB.

For many of us , that is a hard pill to swallow. For decades, instead of being "believers" we were always stressed with a monkey on our back constantly wondering.... how are we going to fudge this up or what will the other team do to kill our hopes.

For the first time, the monkey on our back no longer taunts us with "your gonna lose" chants just like in A League of Their Own...that damn monkey says..."bro, hold Patty Cakes ketchup....hes got this!"

gblowfish
10-01-2019, 09:11 AM
I watched the game a second time last night when I saved it to DVD. General impressions after a second watch:

The criticism of Frank Clark is well placed. He was NOT double teamed the whole game. He runs a lot of twists and stunts and runs himself out of plays a lot. Many of Detroit's big running gains were run RIGHT AT HIM. He also couldn't bring down Stafford on one of his scrambles that sustained a Detroit drive. The last TD pass Stafford threw Clark was a millisecond late hitting him before the pass came out. He's a liability against the run and a step late on rushes. He is, in fact, Dee Ford. Except he hasn't shown a tendency to line up offsides. So he's got that going for him.

If we weren't so short on defensive backs, Lucas should be cut. His performance on special teams was God Awful. Just dreadful.

Dirty Dan did pull a guy down during the final Hail Mary. Detroit almost hit one on the play previous, their receiver almost pulled the ball in. Detroit can't bitch, because they got two shots at it. Most teams only get one.

Ward is the D-Back that teams are going to pick on. He's the youngest and has the least experience. He hasn't been roasted, he always has decent coverage, but needs to get his head around sooner. He's showing signs of William Bartee disease.

Cam Erving played a good game. He's probably better suited at guard, but this far he's done a decent job keeping Mahomes upright.

That turf in the Detroit Ford Pinto Dome really sucks. Every time a player would cut, you'd see this trail of little ground up tire pellets flying. Bet that gives you a serious rug burn on exposed flesh. Ouch!

Never ever assume a play is over. Breeland ran right by one of the Detroit receivers on the 99 yards TD return. He took about two steps and quit on the play. That's the play that turned the game momentum. Never ever assume the play is over.

Pringle's catch over the middle inside two minutes at the end was a clutch catch. He got pounded not once, but twice on that catch, and not only held on to the ball, but bounced off the first hit to pick up an extra four or five yards. Tough catch at a clutch point in the game. Well done.

xbarretx
10-01-2019, 09:17 AM
I watched the game a second time last night when I saved it to DVD. General impressions after a second watch:

Pringle's catch over the middle inside two minutes at the end was a clutch catch. He got pounded not once, but twice on that catch, and not only held on to the ball, but bounced off the first hit to pick up an extra four or five yards. Tough catch at a clutch point in the game. Well done.

No joke! Right before he got each hit.. i was fully expecting the ball to come shooting out! Ball protection on that play was nails!

P.S. Great info GBF!

suzzer99
10-01-2019, 12:10 PM
The criticism of Frank Clark is well placed. He was NOT double teamed the whole game. He runs a lot of twists and stunts and runs himself out of plays a lot. Many of Detroit's big running gains were run RIGHT AT HIM. He also couldn't bring down Stafford on one of his scrambles that sustained a Detroit drive. The last TD pass Stafford threw Clark was a millisecond late hitting him before the pass came out. He's a liability against the run and a step late on rushes. He is, in fact, Dee Ford. Except he hasn't shown a tendency to line up offsides. So he's got that going for him.

I believe Dee Ford picked the worst possible time for his first lined up in the neutral zone penalty of the year.

loochy
10-01-2019, 12:18 PM
That turf in the Detroit Ford Pinto Dome really sucks. Every time a player would cut, you'd see this trail of little ground up tire pellets flying. Bet that gives you a serious rug burn on exposed flesh. Ouch!

The little bits of what I call "rubber dirt" actually make the field softer and burn less. The burns come from the plastic grass blades. The more rubber dirt, the softer the surface. Sometimes they'll put too much rubber dirt down and it feels like you are running on sand.

Also, the rubber dirt gets down inside your shoes (or pants when you fall and slide) and will drive you nuts until you clean it out.

I hope you enjoy the anecdotes regarding FieldTurf.