PDA

View Full Version : Football Mucky Games

Cornstock
09-29-2019, 07:47 PM
I heard this phrase a lot this week. It made me really think about what it means. Usually its referred to as more of a defensive or sloppy bout where mistakes are forced, evening a playing field to the point where a few big plays can allow the lesser talented team prevail.

Matt Patricia wanted a Mucky Game, and that is what he got. A lot can be said today about our inability to execute on offense. We made countless mistakes on both sides of the ball. But the tricky thing about Mucky Games is that it goes both ways. When it comes down to a single guy needing to make a play, you better have someone who is there to step up and do it.

I'm not impressed with today's performance. But at the same time I am. This game was played on their terms. Matt Patricia's Patriot roots showed in full force. But the game came down to one drive. And to be honest, I wasn't even nervous. Not even on 4th down. I expected us to take the ball down and win the game. Despite the sloppiness and mistakes, I knew we had it.

Patrick Mahomes will win us Mucky Games. He doesn't even need to be at his best. He's a gamer and it's nice to have one on our side for once.