PDA

View Full Version : Football At the quarter mark of 2019, who is the best team in the NFL?

tk13
09-29-2019, 09:37 PM
Considering MNF is between two winless teams, let's go ahead with our quarterly poll.

The season is already a quarter of the way finished, if you can believe that. Only 3 teams in the AFC have a winning record. The NFC looks pretty much up for grabs early on. Only 3 teams total are still undefeated. A lot of these teams still have question marks. Who is the best team in the NFL? Fight amongst yourselves.

Poll coming.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-29-2019, 09:38 PM
It’s KC or NE.

Both teams had their worst day today, nearly lost. But they’re the best IMO. Who is better? TBD...

Hammock Parties
09-29-2019, 09:38 PM
4-0 teams

Chiefs
Patriots

4-0 teams with Mahomes

Chiefs

Best team:

Chiefs

Bump
09-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Chiefs and Patriots, pretty obviously.

carcosa
09-29-2019, 09:45 PM
THE BEST TEAM IS MY FAVORITE TEAM THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!

BossChief
09-29-2019, 09:49 PM
I’m a believer that this defense is going to start playing much better the second half of the year, so I honestly think we are better than NE.

KC is the top team in the league.

Megatron96
09-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Chiefs, in spite of the fact that our defense is giving up a lot of yards and too many points.

You have to find ways to score to win games, and that's the Chiefs do, every week, for the last 21 weeks.

The Patriots might have a better defense (not sure this is true yet), but they sure don't have an offense that competes with ours. And our defense is improving, though it's not showing in the stats yet.

No other team in the NFL to this point looks capable of defeating the Chiefs.

Rain Man
09-29-2019, 09:58 PM
San Francisco is 3-0? Wow.

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 09:58 PM
THE BEST TEAM IS MY FAVORITE TEAM THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!

This.

Whoever the snot-nosed, twinkle-toed cocksucker is who voted for NE can please take the blood of Arthur Ashe, mix it with antifreeze in a blender with ice cream, and drink an AIDS/antifreeze shake.

tredadda
09-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Buffalo is the first team this year that NE has played with any wins, much less a winning record and they barely won. They have a winless WASH next week. I see zero reason why anyone should crown them as the best team yet.

bricks
09-29-2019, 10:08 PM
New England guys. They’re just a better balanced team overall than us Chiefs.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Chiefs. Sorry Im just telling it like it is.

Until Brady and Belicheck are still involved in the game, they’re the team to beat.

I hate them but I gotta say they’re the best team in the NFL.

Our D isn’t as close to theirs and still had a long ways to go but its getting better.

Plus, you have to account for the experience they have being in the AFC championship game every year and Brady is the master performing under pressure with Belicheck notorious for scheming really well against high octane offenses.

They have more to their pedigree than us. It is what it is.

KChiefs1
09-29-2019, 10:11 PM
With a halfass defense the Chiefs go 16-0.

tredadda
09-29-2019, 10:11 PM

Until Brady and Belicheck are still involved in the game, they’re the team to beat.

Our D isn’t as close to theirs and still had a long ways to go but its getting better.

Plus, you have to account for the experience they have being in the AFC championship game every year and Brady is the master performing under pressure with Belicheck notorious for scheming really well against high octane offenses.

Outside of Buffalo whom they barely beat who have they beaten and what is their combined record?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-29-2019, 10:14 PM
The Patriots might have a better defense (not sure this is true yet), but they sure don't have an offense that competes with ours.

You're not sure if New England has a better defense than the Chiefs?

Chief Northman
09-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Right now?
Patriots.

By late January?
Chiefs.

Bugeater
09-29-2019, 10:22 PM
This.

Whoever the snot-nosed, twinkle-toed cocksucker is who voted for NE can please take the blood of Arthur Ashe, mix it with antifreeze in a blender with ice cream, and drink an AIDS/antifreeze shake.

They're better until we beat them when it matters.

scho63
09-29-2019, 10:29 PM
Until we beat them, I have to give a slight edge to the Pats, a very slight edge.

If our D ever gets pressure and can cover, then we will overtake them.

Offensively, we are the best team. Overall the Pats.

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Buffalo is the first team this year that NE has played with any wins, much less a winning record and they barely won. They have a winless WASH next week. I see zero reason why anyone should crown them as the best team yet.
They had to cheap shot their QB to get him out of the game, then still had to rely on a blocked punt/return for TD to win...

Otherwise, it's 10-9 Buffalo at best.

I like our chances.

bricks
09-29-2019, 10:36 PM
Outside of Buffalo whom they barely beat who have they beaten and what is their combined record?

Yeah so? That doesn’t mean anything.

They’ve proven consistently over the last decade or so they could beat anybody, anywhere.

BlackOp
09-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Chiefs haven't even played a game with Hill yet...he's their 2nd most important player. They really needed him today... NE has a patchwork O-line and no $$ to sign help.

It's going to come down to if KC's run defense can improve...and Brady can hold up for an entire season.

Ubeja Vontell
09-30-2019, 12:04 AM
Using a system I use.

KC has an 11

Nobody else more than an 8.

tk13
09-30-2019, 12:04 AM
San Francisco is 3-0? Wow.

That's your #1 seed in the NFC. Not the toughest schedule but they did beat Tampa and held them to 17 points, and Tampa whipped the Rams today.

RINGLEADER
09-30-2019, 12:09 AM
Fun fact:

Every team the Chiefs have played this year were undefeated when we played them.

Ubeja Vontell
09-30-2019, 01:26 AM
Using a system I use.

Chiefs score 11

No other team beyond 8.

TwistedChief
09-30-2019, 02:06 AM
Obviously it's the Chiefs. Let's move on.

Can we do a 'who's the worst' poll? It's going to be really fun seeing Denver up there as a very legitimate option.

JD10367
09-30-2019, 02:26 AM
They had to cheap shot their QB to get him out of the game, then still had to rely on a blocked punt/return for TD to win...

Otherwise, it's 10-9 Buffalo at best.

I like our chances.

Says a fan of a team with a controversial 100-yard TD return. :whackit:

kcclone
09-30-2019, 02:33 AM
They're better until we beat them when it matters.

Yeah, we’ll get our chance soon enough.

I have a hard time thinking we can beat B & B with the Chiefs defense that I’ve watched through the first 4 games.

Gravedigger
09-30-2019, 02:46 AM
I love polls like this, like WTF did you think the answer would be?

ChiefsFanatic
09-30-2019, 03:25 AM
Here is a question that that would be cool to know the answer to: What is the record for giving teams their first loss of the year to start the season?

We have given a team their first loss of the season four games in a row now. Obviously in the first game against Jacksonville they had zero losses. The next week we beat the Raiders who had beaten the Broncos in week one. Then we beat the Ravens who had beaten Miami and Arizona. And today we beat the Lions who had tied the Cardinals, and beaten the Chargers and the Eagles.

So, we faced undefeated teams every single game this year, and beat them all. Maybe that's not uncommon, but I can't remember a scenario like that to begin a season before. Does anyone else?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Mahomes_Is_God
09-30-2019, 03:30 AM
Right now?
Patriots.

By late January?
Chiefs.
They are not better than us right now. Fuck off with that bullshit

New World Order
09-30-2019, 03:32 AM

What was controversial about it?

Mahomes_Is_God
09-30-2019, 03:37 AM
Also why is the word f\/ck censored here? We literally ask people to kill themselves with antifreeze and aids every single day but the F-bomb is off limits? Shit drives me nuts.

Rasputin
09-30-2019, 04:24 AM
The Lions deserve to be on that list they have to be a playoff contender and I'm sure they're better than the Cowboys. We beat a good team and just as easily could have lost it has this or that happened.

Lions just need to keep Stafford healthy for a season and we could see them in the Super Bowl.

Rasputin
09-30-2019, 04:25 AM
Also why is the word f\/ck censored here? We literally ask people to kill themselves with antifreeze and aids every single day but the F-bomb is off limits? Shit drives me nuts.

Switch your settings at the bottom to Royals Planet its unfiltered.

tredadda
09-30-2019, 05:01 AM
Yeah so? That doesn’t mean anything.

They’ve proven consistently over the last decade or so they could beat anybody, anywhere.

Previous years success means nothing this year. After two weeks people hyped the Ravens who beat up on nobodies and when they played a real team the got exposed. One could say the same about Dallas. I will wait to see how they play against someone legit before crowning them the best team this year.

tredadda
09-30-2019, 05:03 AM

What was controversial? No one I saw questioned it. As a matter of fact all the pundits stated that the refs made the right call.

Molitoth
09-30-2019, 05:39 AM
I believe this is the magical season, (much like the Royals in 2015)... but until we actually beat the Patriots... going to have to give it to them.

JD10367
09-30-2019, 05:56 AM
Offense: Chiefs
Defense: Patriots
ST: even
Kicking: Chiefs
Coaching: Patriots
Players Returning From Injuries: Chiefs

Overall edge: Chiefs

RaidersOftheCellar
09-30-2019, 06:39 AM
I think it’s probably the Chiefs. Hard to say at this point.

The only thing that NE has done to impress is run up the score on some bad teams. The score is meaningless in those games.

The Patriots showed their warts yesterday.

Bugeater
09-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Using a system I use.

Chiefs score 11

No other team beyond 8.

Using a system i use, I've determined you're a dipshit.

Bugeater
09-30-2019, 07:11 AM

Because fuck you, that's why.

stumppy
09-30-2019, 07:14 AM
Tie between the Chiefs and Pats.

emaw82
09-30-2019, 07:20 AM
I voted NE as the more mpressive team through the first 4 games because of their balance. I believe KC will be the better team by the end of the season mostly because I believe the defense will improve incrementally as the season progresses and I believe Brady will decline. Even if yesterday was a fluke, his age will become a factor and at some point he'll become a liability rather than an asset.

TwistedChief
09-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Using a system i use, I've determined you're a dipshit.

Strange. We must've calibrated our systems the same way because I get the exact same result.

TLO
09-30-2019, 07:30 AM
CHIEFS

Hoover
09-30-2019, 07:36 AM
It's NE.

As mentioned earlier they have more balance between offense and defense. That said, I think it balances out as the year goes on. They are kinda old on both sides of the ball. So I think the wear and tear of the season will catch up with them more.

The team I'm nervous about? The Saints.

Stats show that Brees has hit a wall in recent years at the end of the season. Him being out 6 weeks might be perfect for them, especially if they can keep putting together wins like last night. That defense of theirs is good. And their offense with Brees would put up a ton of points and control the ball vs the Chiefs.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-30-2019, 08:05 AM
Hard to say . . . . . it's obviously Chiefs, Patriots and everyone else.

Chiefs have played the tougher schedule, offense looks better despite missing several key players on offense. Patriots clearly superior defensively, still have a healthy Brady and the best defensive mind in football in Belicheat.

If they played in Arrowhead, I'd go Chiefs. If we played in Foxborough right NOW, I'd go Patriots. On a neutral field, it's a toss up.

All that being said, doesn't matter who's better now. More interested in who's better come December (when we play) and January.

We shall see . . . . .

2bikemike
09-30-2019, 08:19 AM
Hard to say . . . . . it's obviously Chiefs, Patriots and everyone else.

Chiefs have played the tougher schedule, offense looks better despite missing several key players on offense. Patriots clearly superior defensively, still have a healthy Brady and the best defensive mind in football in Belicheat.

If they played in Arrowhead, I'd go Chiefs. If we played in Foxborough right NOW, I'd go Patriots. On a neutral field, it's a toss up.

All that being said, doesn't matter who's better now. More interested in who's better come December (when we play) and January.

We shall see . . . . .

I looked at the upcoming schedule to kind of see who I thought would remain undefeated the longest. Man, New Englands schedule looks like a cake walk.

carcosa
09-30-2019, 08:23 AM

Shut da fuck up

carcosa
09-30-2019, 08:27 AM

Literally nothing controversial about it you dumb fucking cunt

Chiefs=Champions
09-30-2019, 08:27 AM
New England untill we prove otherwise. That's not a bad thing. I expect we will surpass them very soon.

Packfan12
09-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Hey Chief fans thanks for beating Detroit for us to put us back in first place.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 08:53 AM
The Patriots might have a better defense (not sure this is true yet)

:spock:

Lzen
09-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Fun fact:

Every team the Chiefs have played this year were undefeated when we played them.

And none currently have a losing record, unlike New England's opponents.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 08:57 AM

There was nothing controversial about it. That was the correct call.

Oh, and your and idiot!

Lzen
09-30-2019, 09:33 AM
The Lions deserve to be on that list they have to be a playoff contender and I'm sure they're better than the Cowboys. We beat a good team and just as easily could have lost it has this or that happened.

Lions just need to keep Stafford healthy for a season and we could see them in the Super Bowl.

Lions are a good team this year but I don't know that I'd place them in the SB just yet.

O.city
09-30-2019, 09:35 AM
If he comes back and is his normal self, I'm gonna go with New Orleans. That defense is playing great and we know what Brees and the offense can do.

Lzen
09-30-2019, 09:36 AM
It's NE.

As mentioned earlier they have more balance between offense and defense. That said, I think it balances out as the year goes on. They are kinda old on both sides of the ball. So I think the wear and tear of the season will catch up with them more.

Stats show that Brees has hit a wall in recent years at the end of the season. Him being out 6 weeks might be perfect for them, especially if they can keep putting together wins like last night. That defense of theirs is good. And their offense with Brees would put up a ton of points and control the ball vs the Chiefs.

I have a hard time being nervous about a team that we don't play this year. That is, unless both of us get to the SB. If that happens then I love our chances.

tk13
09-30-2019, 09:48 PM
It's NE.

It's funny you mention that because Ryan Clark just mentioned the Saints on SportsCenter when they were asking him about who the best team is... he actually said the Saints. A bit surprising and a bit of a stretch maybe but they definitely have as good a shot as anyone in the NFC.

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Chiefs or Saints

Ubeja Vontell
09-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Looking at who beat who, it has to be the Chiefs because they have three road wins, no other team can say that.

The Saints with wins over Seahawks, Texans, Cowboys the best in the NFC.

The most impressive unit....Pats D, they have only given up 27 points.

Megatron96
09-30-2019, 10:34 PM
You're not sure if New England has a better defense than the Chiefs?

No, I'm not. On paper, yes, they appear to have a top-5 defense. But as I keep saying, the stats can lie. And we don't have enough information based on the four games that the Patriots have played thus far.

Who have they played so far? Pittsburgh, Miami, NYJets, and Buffalo.

Pittsburgh is 1-3 Miami is 0-4 NY is 0-4 Buffalo is 3-1

Pittsburgh beat a bottom-feeding Bengals team and Buffalo beat the Jets, the Giants, and the Bungles. All bottom-dwelling teams, of which one might end the season with a winning record. Probably none of those teams will make the playoffs.

The Patriots defense has not gone up against a single top half team in four weeks. They've played four teams that shoot themselves in the foot on a comically regular basis, with the sole exception of the Steelers.

I'll put it another way. The Patriots defense is largely unchanged from the unit the Chiefs faced last year twice. In the same system with the same DC.

The Chiefs in two halves of football dropped 71 points, 8 TDs, and 800 yds on that defense. With a 23-year old QB playing in his first season as a starter.

That defense can be beaten. That defense isn't a world beater.

Now the Chiefs defense isn't a world beater either. And on paper, the Chiefs' defense isn't in the same zip code as the Patriots defense. On paper.

But I don't believe that the Patriots defense is as good as advertised. At least not until they play a team that can actually play offense at a high level in this league.

Oh, and by the way, that Patriots defense that everyone is so impressed by? They got beat a season ago by the same Lions defense we just played. The same Lions defense that's only ranked a step or two above our defense.

And that "elite" Patriots defense allowed 40-year old Frank Gore to run for 109 yards on 17 carries. That's 6.4yds/carry.

And another "by the way": the Patriots yesterday only scored one TD on offense. A running TD. They scored the other on a blocked punt. Brady didn't throw a TD. And if they don't get lucky and block that punt, the Bills without Josh Allen would've won that game by scoring just 10 points.

Tell me again how "elite" the Patriots defense has been through four games.

bricks
09-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Shut da **** up

**** you right back bitch

Have a taste of your own medicine and let me know how it feels with your gay ass thank yous!!!!!

Rasputin
10-01-2019, 12:31 AM
The team with Patrick Mahomes II is the best team.

MMXcalibur
10-01-2019, 01:28 AM
Where's the Denver option?

TomB
10-01-2019, 02:18 AM
Talking about right now, the Chiefs.

The Patriots have serious OLine problems, receiver problems, the best blocking TE in the history of the NFL, Gronk, is gone, Develin, the best blocking fullback in the NFL, is injured, Brady has been limited, and will continue for the foreseeable future to be limited, in practice.

The defense looks good, but they haven't played anyone yet so we don't know how good.

Right now I'm not sure I'd rank the Pats second behind the Chiefs.

100% Patriots fan telling you how it is.

eDave
10-01-2019, 02:57 AM
It's KC. NE knows it too.

BlackOp
10-01-2019, 03:41 AM
The best team is the one that has Goodell, Riveron and the NYC command center in it's back pocket at pivotal moments.

Team Kraft is the best in the NFL...

Rasputin
10-01-2019, 03:43 AM

This.

I'd bet on the Lions beating the Patriots.

I think Patriots cant hang in a shootout but they do have a stout defense. Tom lipslokswithkids Brady is going struggle with each game getting older. Just refs keep him protected from being hit that's why he lasted this long.

Buehler445
10-01-2019, 04:19 AM
It’s us. Because fuck you. That’s why.

TomB
10-01-2019, 06:55 AM
I think Patriots cant hang in a shootout but they do have a stout defense. Tom lipslokswithkids Brady is going struggle with each game getting older. Just refs keep him protected from being hit that's why he lasted this long.

Try English next time.

jspchief
10-01-2019, 07:02 AM
It's the Patriots. More complete team, better defense, best coach in NFL history, most accomplished QB in NFL history.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IA_Chiefs_fan
10-01-2019, 07:47 AM
Right now it’s the Patriots. I think my answer will change around mid season. Our defense should improve. Also, I think it was a little bit of a good thing that Hill has been out early. Hardman and Robinson have gained a lot more experience than they would have otherwise. That will make our offense that much more potent when Hill’s back.

tredadda
10-01-2019, 08:24 AM
It's the Patriots. More complete team, better defense, best coach in NFL history, most accomplished QB in NFL history.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How are they more complete? Outside of Buffalo they have played teams with a combined 1-10 record. One of those teams is actively tanking. Once they play the dumpster fire that is Washington (0-4) this week that record becomes even more pathetic. They have played without question the easiest schedule in the NFL they should look more “complete”. How did that complete NE offense fare against a team that isn’t a glorified college team? Remember how elite the Baltimore offense was and how Jackson had turned the corner and was in the MVP talk until they actually played a real team. Let’s not use what they did last year as a measuring stick for this year until they prove it against real competition.

Amnorix
10-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Right now it's not the Patriots in my mind. The defense is awesome, but the offense is spotty, with all kinds of execution issues, plus health issues (which are helping to cause the execution issues of course). Thankfully, it's 3 months until the playoffs. I still have no reason to doubt that it's Chiefs/Pats in the AFCCG.

Amnorix
10-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Why would "NE" care? We don't play you for two months, and the playoffs are in three. You think Belichick fills out a power ranking every weekend? :spock:

RaidersOftheCellar
10-01-2019, 08:58 AM
I looked at the upcoming schedule to kind of see who I thought would remain undefeated the longest. Man, New Englands schedule looks like a cake walk.

Our schedule is actually somewhat favorable for this particular team. The tough games are all at home until NE. And even among those, how good are teams like Green Bay and Minnesota, really? Won’t be shocked if we roll both.

Honestly, I won’t be surprised if both NE and KC are undefeated going into their matchup.

Dayze
10-01-2019, 09:17 AM
It’s us. Because **** you. That’s why.

LMAO

Radar Chief
10-01-2019, 09:22 AM
It’s us. Because **** you. That’s why.

This end result was totally unpredictable.

CrookedTrump
10-01-2019, 06:44 PM
It's NE..... I know it's 2019 but defense still wins over offense. Belichick has built the defense to specifically go against the Chiefs offense. They are rushing the passer better than they ever have (with the additions of Bennett and Winovich) and have maybe the best secondary in the league. LBs Hightower and Bentley are healthy and the addition of Jaime Collins has made the LB core among the leagues elite.

Pat's offense isn't real good right now but that's the way it is seems like every year, but then they figure it out. Seems like most feel the Chiefs D will improve and Patriots O will recede. I have more faith in Patriots offense figuring it out than Chiefs D.