PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Is this place still open?

Nickhead
10-04-2019, 01:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7HpCJov3Uj0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's six minutes in, and the pizza has yet to hit the oven? I guess with only two employee's, one being a retard, it does make it difficult.

Nickhead
10-04-2019, 01:48 AM
I am guessing they are closed by now. Three pizza's prepped, and only one came out cooked, in 17 minutes :cuss:

Titty Meat
10-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Just go to Buddies

Flying High D
10-04-2019, 02:21 AM
There was a Pizza Hut in Louisiana, MO that had swarms of flies in it when you would go into to eat. It’s a church now, no word on the current fly swarm conditions.

Bob Dole
10-04-2019, 04:56 AM
Is it bad that 40 years later I remember how many pepperonis go on a medium pizza?

Naptown Chief
10-04-2019, 06:01 AM
There's Pizza Huts in MD. I haven't ordered from them in 3-4 years (at least) and haven't eaten inside in 6+. There's much better pizza to be had elsewhere. Shit, a frozen Red Baron is better than them..

Simply Red
10-04-2019, 06:35 AM
The only thing they ever had worth a shit was their BBQ beef pizza, and they discontinued that. They're dead to me.

58-4ever
10-04-2019, 06:37 AM
I kinda like Pizza Hut... much better than Domino's or Papa John's if I'm having to get chain pizza for some reason.

displacedinMN
10-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Sit down Pizza Huts used to be great. I have seen 1 in 20 years.

Gravedigger
10-04-2019, 06:47 AM
Gimme Pizza Hut thin crust anyday.

MeaTy The Pimp
10-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Sit down Pizza Huts used to be great. I have seen 1 in 20 years.

I have two of those near me now that are still open, although to be fair, one of them is more of a delivery location, and seemed to add the tables and chairs for dine-in as an after-thought. The other one, though, even still puts out the occasional Pizza buffet.

Hamwallet
10-04-2019, 07:05 AM
I moved to Harrisonburg VA in June. They still have a sit down Pizza Hut with the lunch buffet. I have been a few times and it’s great.

Dayze
10-04-2019, 07:11 AM
growing up, Pizza Hut was the only Pizza you could get in Lenexa.
I think there might have been a Little Caesar's after a few years of Pizza Hut being the only game in our general vicinity.
I remember it was like a special treat / occasion to go to pizza hut, sit down; the red and white 'table cloths', pitchers of soft drinks (we never had soda in our house growing up;); I thought it always smelled so good in there.

we ordered from there about a month ago; tasted like frozen pizza; didn't taste fresh at all. maybe they've always tasted like that and I just don't remember?

Lzen
10-04-2019, 07:29 AM
Back in those days (80s) Pizza Hut was the bomb. At least that's how I remember it. I don't know if its the fact that my tastes are more refined or if they have just gone downhill over the years but they are not very good these days.

WhawhaWhat
10-04-2019, 07:33 AM
She should be using her quality rings.

Frazod
10-04-2019, 08:12 AM
The last time I ate at the local Pizza Hut, which was probably 16-17 years ago, we ordered a pan pizza. It was so grease soaked that when I picked it up the first piece by the crust, the rest of the slice drooped straight down and all the toppings slid off in the pan. It was nasty.

I think that location is actually still open. No idea how; especially in the Chicago area, where there are local pizzerias everywhere and most of them are at least very good.

KCUnited
10-04-2019, 08:19 AM
The only thing they ever had worth a shit was their BBQ beef pizza, and they discontinued that. They're dead to me.

Oh man, good call. I had forgotten about that one. It was enjoyable.

underEJ
10-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Ha ha! I worked at Pizza Hut back in that era during high school. I never ate or would eat a pan pizza. So disgustingly oily. I always made myself a meal with the garlic bread instead of crust. And there is something very unfamiliar about this portrayal. As a female, it would have had to be a damn emergency for me to be allowed to make a pizza. Girls in the front of house, boys in the kitchen! I guess they made this in 1988 though and in 1987 a bunch of male employees complained about being stuck in the back and unable to earn tips so they had to change the policy. Discrimination goes both ways!

Rain Man
10-04-2019, 10:34 AM
I liked their stuffed crust pizza, but they won't deliver to my house any more. Their web site says that I'm out of their service area, even though I'm a 9-minute drive from one of the places. I even e-mailed them through the web site to ask about this, and they e-mailed back saying, 'if the web site says no, then no'.

I find it really odd. I live in the middle of a big city and there are eight Pizza Hut restaurants within five miles of me, yet they've shut me out.

tatorhog
10-04-2019, 10:38 AM
The town I live in doesn't have one, but each of the three neighboring towns do. Each are dine-in and do lunch buffet. we'll eat buffet every couple of months. Its usually after we talk ourselves into it not being as bad as we remembered so we go back. Then the cycle restarts and its a couple more months before we start wondering if its good again.

Halfcan
10-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Is it bad that 40 years later I remember how many pepperonis go on a medium pizza?

How many?

Bob Dole
10-04-2019, 11:05 AM
How many?

xbarretx
10-04-2019, 11:10 AM

I LOVED the bigfoot pizza..... LOVED IT!!!!!!

Frazod
10-04-2019, 11:11 AM
I actually like the little personal pan pizzas. Those are pretty tasty.

Bob Dole
10-04-2019, 11:44 AM
I worked at one for 3 years in high school. We were pretty much the only sit down restaurant in town after 9pm, so we’d get slammed after Friday night football games. Got to experience my first armed robbery there. Good times.

There used to be franchise stores and company stores, and they had slightly different spec sheets. The franchise I worked for had stores in Wichita, Ft. Scott and Nevada,MO. I worked at both Nevada and Ft. Scott. Thankfully there was a KFC and a Taco Tico next to them respectively so we weren’t stuck eating pizza every day.

Flying High D
10-04-2019, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Frazod;14498139] It was nasty.

Sometimes Nasty is good.

Flying High D
10-04-2019, 11:52 AM
I liked their stuffed crust pizza, but they won't deliver to my house any more. Their web site says that I'm out of their service area, even though I'm a 9-minute drive from one of the places. I even e-mailed them through the web site to ask about this, and they e-mailed back saying, 'if the web site says no, then no'.

I find it really odd. I live in the middle of a big city and there are eight Pizza Hut restaurants within five miles of me, yet they've shut me out.

No means no.

Flying High D
10-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Pizza Hut > Pittsburgh Defense

Dayze
10-04-2019, 12:10 PM
I worked at one for 3 years in high school. We were pretty much the only sit down restaurant in town after 9pm, so we’d get slammed after Friday night football games. Got to experience my first armed robbery there. Good times.

There used to be franchise stores and company stores, and they had slightly different spec sheets. The franchise I worked for had stores in Wichita, Ft. Scott and Nevada,MO. I worked at both Nevada and Ft. Scott. Thankfully there was a KFC and a Taco Tico next to them respectively so we weren’t stuck eating pizza every day.

you got to meet Von Miller?