PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Coach Spags with some words about the defense so far

Megatron96
10-05-2019, 04:42 PM
https://youtu.be/bs42zodkmXs

I found the part about the Chiefs run defense winning 61% of the rushing downs in the second half interesting. I've kind of felt that the run defense wasn't as bad as some of the data suggested. Obviously, we're allowing too many big plays, but if our defense is actually winning almost two-thirds of those downs, that's got to be an improvement over last year.

I also was interested in what he said to Frank about "letting the game to you." And what he said about "we need to get the defensive line to function better as a unit."

jjchieffan
10-05-2019, 04:45 PM
I don't know. Winning 61% of the time is good. But if you keep giving up big plays in the other 39% of the time, that's not good enough.

WhiteWhale
10-05-2019, 04:47 PM

I found the part about the Chiefs run defense winning 61% of the rushing downs in the second half interesting. I've kind of felt that the run defense wasn't as bad as some of the data suggested. Obviously, we're allowing too many big plays, but if our defense is actually winning almost two-thirds of those downs, that's got to be an improvement over last year.

At this time last year KC had the best 3rd down defense in the entire NFL.

How about they just hold someone under 25 points?

bricks
10-05-2019, 04:48 PM
I don't know. Winning 61% of the time is good. But if you keep giving up big plays in the other 39% of the time, that's not good enough.

Stats could be smoke in mirrors.

61% of the time us Chiefs could be good at stopping the run but then what if that other 39% of us not being good was the difference between winning and losing?:shrug:

MMXcalibur
10-05-2019, 04:48 PM
5.9 yards per carry is absolute shit, I don’t care how you try to spin it.

bricks
10-05-2019, 04:49 PM

Yup its Totally ****ing trash

Jewish Rabbi
10-05-2019, 04:52 PM

61... just like how many years old the Earth is!

Megatron96
10-05-2019, 04:53 PM

Not to argue, but I always felt that the "best 3rd down defense in the NFL," stat was a figure derived from biased data.

Last year's run defense was terrible inside and outside. But the Chiefs' offense so frequently jumped out to large leads on opponents, that they largely abandoned the run, allowing even Sutton to call defenses that focused on stopping passes. I'd bet that the vast majority of those 3rd down stops were in the 2nd half/4th quarter, after things started getting out of hand.

notorious
10-05-2019, 05:01 PM
They are a long way from being championship defense.

Megatron96
10-05-2019, 05:08 PM
They are a long way from being championship defense.

Agreed. But what does a "Championship defense" look like?

I never thought, and I think most Chiefs fans are with me on this, that Spags would be able to produce a top-10 defense in one off-season. And I don't think that even if we landed J. Ramsey AND Patrick Peterson that we'd have a top-10 defense. There are just too many holes in the defense for that this year. We're starting rookies for Pete's sake.

But can the Chiefs defense 'clean things up' enough to on average win 67%-70% of those run plays? I'd have to do the math of the first four games, but I'd bet that 4.5yds/carry would be in the ballpark.

Would that fall into the category of 'enough'? To win in February?

suzzer99
10-05-2019, 05:13 PM
All our D had to do last year was gamble in spots and maybe get 1 out of 3 stops in the 4th Q. Worst case scenario you give up a big play and give the ball back to Mahomes with more time, and don't gas your defense with a soul crushing 15-play 7 minute drive.

Instead Silent Bob played it like we had all-pros at every position and could just stop them with mostly vanilla D. As long as he didn't look stupid by gambling and giving up a bomb - losing slowly was fine with him.

It's like if you're at the WSOP and know you're the only non-pro at the table. You're not going to outplay them so you might as well just try to get it all in as much as possible - so you can't get out-played postflop, and they might not want to take the risk and instead prefer to wait for better spots where they can use their edge.

The analogy breaks down some - but the point is you can't just play it straight up when you know you're at a disadvantage. You have to take risks.

DaFace
10-05-2019, 05:15 PM

How about they just hold someone under 25 points?That's a lot to ask when the offense turns the ball over three times in their own end.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-05-2019, 05:24 PM
It hasn’t been impressive but I think it’s too early to declare it horrible.

If you play 4 games and one is against the best rushing team in the league, it’s going to skew the numbers. Take away Baltimore’s game vs Miami and is their offense anywhere near 1st?

Basically, they got run over by Baltimore (like everyone does) and have given up a couple big runs. On a down by down basis, they’re probably better than before. They definitely seem to have more stops for loss or little gain than last year.

dlphg9
10-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Not to argue, but I always felt that the "best 3rd down defense in the NFL," stat was a figure derived from biased data.

Last year's run defense was terrible inside and outside. But the Chiefs' offense so frequently jumped out to large leads on opponents, that they largely abandoned the run, allowing even Sutton to call defenses that focused on stopping passes. I'd bet that the vast majority of those 3rd down stops were in the 2nd half/4th quarter, after things started getting out of hand.

Well then shouldnt they be equally as good this year? Last year at this time the D was on the field for 41 drives through 4 games and this year they've been in the field for 44 drives, so they've had more opportunities. A nice change from last year to this year is the amount of 3 and outs forced by the defense. Last year through 4 games we had 4 three and outs and this year we've had 7. That's a nice improvement.

I do think that this year's defense is improved over last year. They are getting more stops and holding the other team to FGs instead of TDs. That is part of the equation to assure we win. This defense doesn't have to be anywhere near elite, all they need to do is get a few more stops than last year. It's that simple.

petegz28
10-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Jags held to 19 if not less...last 1 and possibly 2 TD's were garbage

Raiders held to 10 points

Ravens were 28....14 of which came from prayers

Lions were the first team to really score on us consistently and we don't win that game without the defense

Perspective

Stryker
10-05-2019, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry but ANYTHING other than Grandpa Sutton is a WIN!

Bob Dole
10-05-2019, 06:18 PM

It's frustrating to watch. I'm not shocked by the stat Spags tossed out. We'll have a TFL and a short gain, and then get gashed for 15. That's 67%

petegz28
10-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Take away the last TD drive from the Lions game and the defense really played a great game given what was handed to them. Our old Marty offenses depended on the defense. This defense depends on the offense. Was the play with Breeland a fluke? Sure! But even if he doesn't score we still forced a turnover.

Our special teams and offense really fucked the defense last game. Our offense has come out slow now 3 games in a row as well.

We need the front 7 to be more consistent. I don't give a fuck about Clark's sack numbers. I want a cohesive unit that shuts things down. If that means Clark gets dick but we stop people then I don't give a fuck.

FAX
10-05-2019, 06:27 PM
All our D had to do last year was gamble in spots and maybe get 1 out of 3 stops in the 4th Q. Worst case scenario you give up a big play and give the ball back to Mahomes with more time, and don't gas your defense with a soul crushing 15-play 7 minute drive.

Instead Silent Bob played it like we had all-pros at every position and could just stop them with mostly vanilla D. As long as he didn't look stupid by gambling and giving up a bomb - losing slowly was fine with him.

It's like if you're at the WSOP and know you're the only non-pro at the table. You're not going to outplay them so you might as well just try to get it all in as much as possible - so you can't get out-played postflop, and they might not want to take the risk and instead prefer to wait for better spots where they can use their edge.

The analogy breaks down some - but the point is you can't just play it straight up when you know you're at a disadvantage. You have to take risks.

I see this as a crucial point, Mr. suzzer99.

1. The odds are good that our offense is going to score 30-plus in every game. The enemy knows this.

2. Therefore, the typical enemy is either going to do unusual things (make an inordinate number of 4th & 1 calls, for example) or they are going to try and win TOP or they are eventually going to play from behind.

3. Worst case for us (as you point out) is that the enemy wins TOP by a dramatic margin and is also successful by scoring on a significant number of their drives.

4. In order to maximize the value of limited defensive talent in that scenario, you must play as aggressively as possible. You attack constantly ... knowing full well that strategy can lead to big plays for the enemy. This undermines the "keep-away" tactic. Either you generate a turnover (on downs or via takeaway) or the enemy scores relatively quickly.

5. Aggressive defenses must play as a synchronized unit and the entire lineup has to execute in a coordinated, unified, and integrated fashion. (If you don't, an overly-aggressive strategy backfires too often and is counter-productive.)

6. Implementing an extremely aggressive defense that plays as a fully orchestrated, well-coordinated unit takes time.

7. We have young players, new coaches, and a new "system" that the guys are learning on the fly.

Conclusion; Spaggyboots has the right idea, and unimpressive stats in Q1 of the season are to be expected. This is not the time to worry overmuch.

Caveat; However, if we don't see improvement in TOP, turnovers, and baseline stats within the next 2 to 4 games, we probably have an issue.

FAX

JakeF
10-05-2019, 06:44 PM
19th pass defense
31th rush defense
30th total defense

RaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhs

digger
10-05-2019, 06:47 PM

I also was interested in what he said to Frank about "letting the game to you." And what he said about "we need to get the defensive line to function better as a unit."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bs42zodkmXs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
10-05-2019, 06:51 PM

Lions were the first team to really score on us consistently and we don't win that game without the defense

Perspective

Take away the last TD drive from the Lions game and the defense really played a great game given what was handed to them. Our old Marty offenses depended on the defense. This defense depends on the offense. Was the play with Breeland a fluke? Sure! But even if he doesn't score we still forced a turnover.

Our special teams and offense really fucked the defense last game. Our offense has come out slow now 3 games in a row as well.

We need the front 7 to be more consistent. I don't give a fuck about Clark's sack numbers. I want a cohesive unit that shuts things down. If that means Clark gets dick but we stop people then I don't give a fuck.

We were doing this shit last year.

Megatron96
10-05-2019, 06:51 PM
19th pass defense
31th rush defense
30th total defense

RaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhs

League rank is too vague a stat to tell us anything definitively. It only tells us that the defense is allowing a lot of yards. Which is what happens when we go to basically a prevent type defense early in the third quarter.

It's more telling that no team except the Lions have been within two scores of the Chiefs going into the fourth quarter.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Its October. Not January. They'll play better as long as they stay healthy. Gonna take time. Even if the D was playing great they'd still be 4-0. No harm done. But yeah, they need to get it together. Way too many miscues and guys being out of position.

keg in kc
10-05-2019, 07:07 PM
It's week 5. You can't ascertain all that much from stats at this point, and I don't just mean ours. Not enough of the schedule has been played by anyone at this point.

And sometimes people miss the obvious: part of the reason we've seen a lot of running against the defense is that we've played 4 teams that focus very much on running the football, regardless of who they play. That's what Jacksonville does, that's what Gruden does, that's what Baltimore does and that's what Detroit wants to do. That's the identity of those teams. Playing four different teams in the next month may well impact those stats simply because they're different teams.

We get so caught up in minutae. Can the tackling be better? Sure. Maybe make a few more opportunistic plays on defense? Yeah. But they already basically won us a game last week, holding repeatedly on short fields and scoring a TD themselves. And we're talking about a 4-0 team here.

Is the inconsistency of the defense at this point really any worse than the offense's recent first quarter failures, or their seeming inability to score consistently after halftime? Should we be concerned with the offense? I would say no, because I think these are all solvable problems. And that's my attitude with the defense, as well. They need to play more consistent, solid defense, but we're undefeated and have beaten 3 potential playoff teams, 2 of them on the road. I don't think this is sky is falling territory.

Coogs
10-05-2019, 08:08 PM
It's week 5. You can't ascertain all that much from stats at this point, and I don't just mean ours. Not enough of the schedule has been played by anyone at this point.

And sometimes people miss the obvious: part of the reason we've seen a lot of running against the defense is that we've played 4 teams that focus very much on running the football, regardless of who they play. That's what Jacksonville does, that's what Gruden does, that's what Baltimore does and that's what Detroit wants to do. That's the identity of those teams. Playing four different teams in the next month may well impact those stats simply because they're different teams.

We get so caught up in minutae. Can the tackling be better? Sure. Maybe make a few more opportunistic plays on defense? Yeah. But they already basically won us a game last week, holding repeatedly on short fields and scoring a TD themselves. And we're talking about a 4-0 team here.

Is the inconsistency of the defense at this point really any worse than the offense's recent first quarter failures, or their seeming inability to score consistently after halftime? Should we be concerned with the offense? I would say no, because I think these are all solvable problems. And that's my attitude with the defense, as well. They need to play more consistent, solid defense, but we're undefeated and have beaten 3 potential playoff teams, 2 of them on the road. I don't think this is sky is falling territory.

:clap:

-King-
10-05-2019, 08:20 PM
This.

-King-
10-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Perspective

"If you don't count the points and yards I don't want you to count, the defense is actually better than it is"

RetiredSeniorChief
10-05-2019, 08:33 PM
This Defense hasn't even faced a good Offense yet, unless you consider the Lions a good offense, which I don't. I'm not seeing a lot of improvement in the D considering who they have faced thus far.

jjchieffan
10-05-2019, 09:08 PM
This Defense hasn't even faced a good Offense yet, unless you consider the Lions a good offense, which I don't. I'm not seeing a lot of improvement in the D considering who they have faced thus far.

I'm not sure why you don't consider the Lions a good offense. They're number 9 in total yards, 10th in passing yards, and 11th in rushing yards. That's pretty good in my opinion.

Jewish Rabbi
10-05-2019, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure why you don't consider the Lions a good offense. They're number 9 in total yards, 10th in passing yards, and 11th in rushing yards. That's pretty good in my opinion.

I’m not sure why you think the Earth is only 15 minutes old

kcclone
10-05-2019, 09:17 PM

The Ravens are #1 in total offense and rushing. They were #1 before we played them as well.

They are #2 in the NFL in scoring ahead of us.

RetiredSeniorChief
10-05-2019, 09:20 PM
The Ravens are #1 in total offense and rushing. They were #1 before we played them as well.

Yeah, and who did they play to get those stats? There's more to football than statistical analysis.

RetiredSeniorChief
10-05-2019, 09:23 PM

They're a middling offense, a competent offense, but certainly not a top offense.

jerryaldini
10-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Look it, scoop and scuor

PAChiefsGuy
10-05-2019, 10:57 PM

That's due to the ridiculous blowout of a team that might go 0-16.... As the year goes on their offense will fall in the rankings. The Ravens O isn't that good.

WhiteWhale
10-05-2019, 11:53 PM

Perspective

Points are points.

I'm not complaining about what they've done. I'm telling them what to do. Stop making this shit look easy.

scho63
10-06-2019, 02:55 AM
STILL SUCKS! Just a fraction less than last year! :doh!:

kccrow
10-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Synopsis: "Yep, we suck. Guys are doing some good things individually but never at the same time. Hopefully, these sorry fucks play better as a unit soon."

KCChiefsFan88
10-06-2019, 07:09 AM
I found the part about the Chiefs run defense winning 61% of the rushing downs in the second half interesting.

The Chiefs need to win more rushing plays/downs early in games to force opposing teams into third and long and get off the field.

The Chiefs have given up 10+ play drives in the first quarter of every game this season (except against Jacksonville where they gave up 7 and 9 play drives in the first quarter).

RaidersOftheCellar
10-06-2019, 07:24 AM
That's due to the ridiculous blowout of a team that might go 0-16.... As the year goes on their offense will fall in the rankings. The Ravens O isn't that good.

And as the year goes on, our rush D will probably rise in the rankings. As will probably the pass D with the addition of Claiborne.

How good did anyone expect the D to be in the first quarter anyway?

I think the rush D, overall, has been closer to average than the bottom. Baltimore plows over everybody. That game was basically the norm for them. Aside from that, they’ve given up a few big runs that skew the numbers. This is more of a sample size issue.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2019, 07:33 AM
It's week 5....

And in a couple weeks, if Denver scores more than 21 points....the spagpnuopocalypse starts.

Probably not fair but it is what it is. We got problems if the Donkeys can put up 3 TDs on us.

Coogs
10-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Yeah, and who did they play to get those stats? There's more to football than statistical analysis.

Yet this doesn't apply to our defense?

FringeNC
10-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Last year, we were tied for last in the league at 3.4 forced punts per game. This year we are at 26th at 3.5 per game. D really is no better than it was last year, but no worse either. That's actually not bad news considering we implemented a new scheme. There is some reason to have a bit of hope it will improve as the year progresses.

Imon Yourside
10-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Spags Defense is undefeated, All I am saying is give Spags a chance.

Bowser
10-06-2019, 08:24 AM

We faced down the mighty Gardner Minshew and came out on top. Your point is moot.

Easy 6
10-06-2019, 08:25 AM
19th pass defense
31th rush defense
30th total defense

RaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhs

Yeah those numbers are, uhhh... less than ideal, to put it mildly

There is no magic cornerback coming to the rescue, these guys are gonna have to figure it out with what they’ve got

Hoover
10-06-2019, 08:38 AM
While I'm not thrilled with the play of the defense, I like Spags, and think at the end of the day we will be a better overall unit than last year. It's a process, and I'm not sure we will ever see a dominate defensive unit paired with Mahomes.

scho63
10-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Whoopee, we aren't 32nd or 31st!

J Diddy
10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
While I'm not thrilled with the play of the defense, I like Spags, and think at the end of the day we will be a better overall unit than last year. It's a process, and I'm not sure we will ever see a dominate defensive unit paired with Mahomes.

I don’t think we will either. Our offense is instant strike. We are not designed to control time of position and are incapable of protecting our defense.

MMXcalibur
10-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Fuck this run defense.
What good is an all-world offense if they can't ever take the field....

Megatron96
10-06-2019, 09:18 PM
The defense played better than the offense tonight. Chiefs wouldn't even be in the game at all if it weren't for the defense.

dannybcaitlyn
10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
I’m ready to promote Daly or House. Defense supposed to be getting better but is regressing. I believe this is the third team to run like 10 straight run plays on us this season and we still have no answer. Fuck Spags!

Prison Bitch
10-06-2019, 09:33 PM
He’s a Spaggot

ChiefsLV
10-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Games like this cause change. I think we'll see more focus on the run D now. Maybe Hitch gets benched

Jerm
10-06-2019, 09:36 PM
What on earth was his gameplan? Adjustments?

What the fuck did he think Indy was going to do?

Megatron96
10-06-2019, 09:39 PM
The defense held the colts to a TD and a bunch of field goals. That's a situation the Chiefs offense should be able to take advantage of, if enough players are healthy. Obviously the loss of Watkins tonight was a tipping point.

keg in kc
10-06-2019, 09:39 PM
The entire starting defensive line is injured and the team still only gives up 19 points and some of you morons blame the loss on the defense.

Jesus fucking Christ the level of sheer stupidity here sometimes is fucking astounding.

cj2wr
10-06-2019, 09:41 PM
The defense held the colts to a TD and a bunch of field goals. That's a situation the Chiefs offense should be able to take advantage of, if enough players are healthy. Obviously the loss of Watkins tonight was a tipping point.

You think Watkins’s bring out hurt? Jesus

Megatron96
10-06-2019, 09:53 PM
You think Watkins’s bring out hurt? Jesus

What? Wanna try that again?

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 09:56 PM
The entire starting defensive line is injured and the team still only gives up 19 points and some of you morons blame the loss on the defense.

Jesus ****ing Christ the level of sheer stupidity here sometimes is ****ing astounding.

THEY RAN THE BALL DOWN OUR THROATS.

I was stunned when they threw an interception, I was like, 'we're lucky that they even passed'.

We held the ball less than 10 minutes in the second half.

They ran 71 plays to our 51 plays.

The level of stupidity IS astounding, but I can count...it was our inability to stop the run that lost this game for the KC Chiefs.

71 plays to 51 plays.

Less than 10 min of possession in the 2nd half.

Mack seemed to get 9 and 11 yads every time he touched the ball.

Total team loss - The offense shit the bed, the Oline is pure ****ing AIDS...but this defense will cost this team a championship. They are no better than last year.

At all. ****, Bob Sutton > Spaggot.

Schnitzel
10-06-2019, 09:56 PM
This place is insane. If you had told me before the game, we would give up 19 points, I would have taken it. Offense was completely inept tonight. You won´t get far with that rushing offense.

PAChiefsGuy
10-06-2019, 10:01 PM
And as the year goes on, our rush D will probably rise in the rankings. As will probably the pass D with the addition of Claiborne.

How good did anyone expect the D to be in the first quarter anyway?

I think the rush D, overall, has been closer to average than the bottom. Baltimore plows over everybody. That game was basically the norm for them. Aside from that, they’ve given up a few big runs that skew the numbers. This is more of a sample size issue.

Lol at this post.... Reality is hard for you isn't it?

-King-
10-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Good thing they just decided to be stupid everytime they got in the redzone.

Jerm
10-06-2019, 10:07 PM
This place is insane. If you had told me before the game, we would give up 19 points, I would have taken it. Offense was completely inept tonight. You won´t get far with that rushing offense.

You ain't getting far with that rush defense either....

WhiteWhale
10-06-2019, 10:08 PM
The biggest flaw in the Colts gameplan was passing too much. I was making jokes about it.

Seemed like they ran for 9 yards every first down.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:11 PM
You ain't getting far with that rush defense either....

1 and done in the wild card round is where we're headed with this run D.

We need Trent Williams, Jalen Ramsey, and Aaron Donald.

Baby Lee
10-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Good thing they just decided to be stupid everytime they got in the redzone.

King has the right of it, the point output isn't nearly as telling as TOP.

Unforced errors by the opposition was our most powerful weapon in the entire stadium tonight.

Reminds me of the Steelers playoff loss, where they ran it at 8 yards a clip all the way down the field, then Rapist brainfarted 3 INCs into the EZ and they kicked a FG, . . . . 6 TIMES, for a 2:1 TOP advantage. And all anyone could say was 'we held them without a TD!!'

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:15 PM
This D is actually worse than last year’s, which I didn’t think was possible.

Guess that’s what happens when you completely f*ck up the draft on that side and hire a washed up has been for DC.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-06-2019, 10:38 PM
King has the right of it, the point output isn't nearly as telling as TOP.

Unforced errors by the opposition was our most powerful weapon in the entire stadium tonight.

Reminds me of the Steelers playoff loss, where they ran it at 8 yards a clip all the way down the field, then Rapist brainfarted 3 INCs into the EZ and they kicked a FG, . . . . 6 TIMES, for a 2:1 TOP advantage. And all anyone could say was 'we held them without a TD!!'

Come on Baby Lee... How many 3 and outs did the O have in the 2nd half? It would have been nice to get a couple of first downs to give the D a little more of a break. They had 75 yard rushing on their first 2 drives, then had 95 at the end of the 3rd before we got gassed from the Offense not doing their jobs.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Come on Baby Lee... How many 3 and outs did the O have in the 2nd half? It would have been nice to get a couple of first downs to give the D a little more of a break. They had 75 yard rushing on their first 2 drives, then had 95 at the end of the 3rd before we got gassed from the Offense not doing their jobs.

One.

We had one 3 and out in the 2nd half. One out of our whopping 4 2nd half possessions was a three and out.

Your narrative is dogshit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401128053

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 11:25 PM

You are correct.

TEX
10-07-2019, 12:00 AM

This

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:12 AM
Other than the one-off 2007 playoff run has Spagnuolo shown any consistency in fielding good defenses? It appears that he is still living off that one SB game.

jerryaldini
10-07-2019, 12:17 AM
The biggest flaw in the Colts gameplan was passing too much. I was making jokes about it.

Seemed like they ran for 9 yards every first down.

They averaged 4 ypc.

TEX
10-07-2019, 12:20 AM
They averaged 4 ypc.

So if all you do is run the ball, you get a first down every 3 downs and eat up the clock in the process. And you think that's a good thing? LMAO

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 06:27 AM
So if all you do is run the ball, you get a first down every 3 downs and eat up the clock in the process. And you think that's a good thing? LMAO

Some people really don't understand math.

TEX
10-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Some people really don't understand math.

No shit. "The defense held them to only 4.0 yards per carry" and they act like that's great or something. That's a damn first down every 3rd carry. Lets see, if a team can consistently average that, it just might allow said team to ditch the pass and just run the ball and completely control the game...:hmmm:

But hey, its "good" that the defense "did its part" and made it so the Colts only chose to throw the ball twice the whole second half.
Fools. LMAO

morphius
10-07-2019, 06:56 AM
No shit. "The defense held them to only 4.0 yards per carry" and they act like that's great or something. That's a damn first down every 3rd carry. Lets see, if a team can consistently average that, it just might allow said team to ditch the pass and just run the ball and completely control the game...:hmmm:

But hey, its "good" that the defense "did its part" and made it so the Colts only chose to throw the ball twice the whole second half.
Fools. LMAO

On the plus side it helped hide that our pass rush only works on all out blitzes.

TEX
10-07-2019, 06:58 AM
On the plus side it helped hide that our pass rush only works on all out blitzes.

LMAO TRUTH!

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 07:00 AM
You can change coaches all you want but if you don’t have the horses they will all sucks.

TEX
10-07-2019, 07:02 AM
You can change coaches all you want but if you don’t have the horses they will all sucks.

But they went out and got new horses who were good horses elsewhere, and now they suck worse. IMO, the horse trainer has a lot to do with this. GB turned their defense around in one off season, so it can be done. Ours got worse with all the changes.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 07:03 AM
But they went out and got new horses who were good horses elsewhere, and now they suck worse.

Two players don’t make a whole D

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 07:04 AM

Fools. LMAO

ROFL YUP.

The reason the Colts only threw twice in the second half was because they didn't have to keep our defense "honest". We knew they would run, everyone watching the game knew they would run, and they didn't respect our run D, because the run D is truly that terrible.

Which is a horrible combination for a team like ours.

TEX
10-07-2019, 07:10 AM
Two players don’t make a whole D

Two???? Start with the D-line and count through the Secondary. Then come back and tell me the defense only added two players.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Two???? Start with the D-line and count through the Secondary. Then come back and tell me the defense only added two players.

I’m talking impact players

scho63
10-07-2019, 07:13 AM
This loss was a team effort. They sucked in every phase of the game.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 07:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Game Takeaways <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvsKC</a><br> <br>1. RB Touches: Damien Williams- 12, LeSean McCoy-2<br>2. Marlon Mack with 132 ruYds<br>2a. Chiefs now allowing an avg of 105 ruYds to RB1s<br>3. Patrick Mahomes was 5/9 and 1 TD on 20+ Yd passes<br>4. TY Hilton with the same number of tgts as all other Colts WR (4) <a href="https://t.co/xvDJG4xfYg">pic.twitter.com/xvDJG4xfYg</a></p>&mdash; Golden Gate Fantasy Football (@goldengate_ff) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldengate_ff/status/1181111048503300096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This isn’t on spags he’s got players in position. They just suck

King_Chief_Fan
10-07-2019, 07:15 AM
well those 39% not winning nets the opposition to 200+ yards on rushing.
Chiefs d isn't winning jack

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 07:21 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Game Takeaways <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvsKC</a><br> <br>1. RB Touches: Damien Williams- 12, LeSean McCoy-2<br>2. Marlon Mack with 132 ruYds<br>2a. Chiefs now allowing an avg of 105 ruYds to RB1s<br>3. Patrick Mahomes was 5/9 and 1 TD on 20+ Yd passes<br>4. TY Hilton with the same number of tgts as all other Colts WR (4) <a href="https://t.co/xvDJG4xfYg">pic.twitter.com/xvDJG4xfYg</a></p>&mdash; Golden Gate Fantasy Football (@goldengate_ff) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldengate_ff/status/1181111048503300096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This isn’t on spags he’s got players in position. They just suck
Sutton had the same issue.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 07:26 AM
This loss was a team effort. They sucked in every phase of the game.

Sure, but the offense has some major holes due to injury. Those guys come back and the offense will be fine.

There's no one coming to help fix this defense that we know of...