PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brett Veach

Pages : [1] 2

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Good job with the interior line bud. Keep spending all our resources on overpaid defensive players and draft picks who dont do shit

Wisconsin_Chief
10-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Pure garbage.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Watkins
Hitchens
Clark
Speaks
Odaniel
Watts

Holy shit

TLO
10-06-2019, 09:20 PM
You're a fucking moron.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Watkins
Hitchens
Clark
Speaks
Odaniel
Watts

Holy shit

Austin Rirter and Wylie fucking suck they weren't even good last year. They are going to get our MVP put out for the year

CasselGotPeedOn
10-06-2019, 09:21 PM
He's a fucking fraud

jonzie04
10-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Veach sucks, hasn’t hit on a draft pick either since he became GM

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 09:24 PM
I will admit I was wrong. Clark isnt an upgrade over Houston lol

OKchiefs
10-06-2019, 09:28 PM
I could have told you Veach was shit as soon as he drafted Speaks. Ryan Grigson 2.0

Jerm
10-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I will admit I was wrong. Clark isnt an upgrade over Houston lol

I was willing to give it to tonight but he's 100% out of his depth and has been a huge goddamn disappointment.

Three7s
10-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Other than drafting Mahomes, Veach has been horrible.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 09:31 PM

He didnt draft Mahomes. The guy who's now turned around 2 losing franchises did.

kcclone
10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
They have to get this OL figured out or Mahomes will end up like Andrew Luck

kcclone
10-06-2019, 09:34 PM
He didnt draft Mahomes. The guy who's now turned around 2 losing franchises did.

Yes and I wonder if the media story we’ve heard for the last hear about Veach targeting Mahomes is a fairy tale meant to buy capital from the fans for the new guy.

dlphg9
10-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Thank God we got rid of Dorsey because he gave out too much money. Veach gets hired and signs Hitchens (sucks), Watkins (always hurt), trades away a 1st, 2nd and makes Frank trash Clark the highest paid defender. Says fuck you to Chris Jones. Gets rid of Houston (productive player), can't draft to save his life, can't build an O-Line, can't build a secondary, brings in 2 LBs to start and they both suck (Hitchens and Ragland).

Trash trash trash.

dlphg9
10-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Yes and I wonder if the media story we’ve heard for the last hear about Veach targeting Mahomes is a fairy tale meant to buy capital from the fans for the new guy.

That's exactly what it is. It's not like Mahomes was some unknown.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Veach is pure trash as a GM. It's not even a question at this point.

Team building is way different than scouting, and coaching is way different than team building.

That's where we are right now. Not hard to see.

tk13
10-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Everyone keeps comparing him to Dorsey and completely overlooking Chris Ballard right in the face. Ballard has used the draft to load up the Colts up and down the roster with talent and depth. They had a ton of Ballard draft picks and acquisitions out there tonight.

JakeF
10-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Dorsey drafted Mahomes.

Three7s
10-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Dorsey drafted Mahomes.
I keep hearing about how Veach was the one responsible for Mahomes and that Veach had to really sell Dorsey and Reid on him.

Jimmya
10-06-2019, 09:44 PM
As my friends keep saying "I can't believe you actually have hope in Andy Reid!"

KCUnited
10-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Direckshun's mom has more depth.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-06-2019, 09:48 PM
A genius plan to get Mahomes to take less money. So the team gets better players!

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Everyone keeps comparing him to Dorsey and completely overlooking Chris Ballard right in the face. Ballard has used the draft to load up the Colts up and down the roster with talent and depth. They had a ton of Ballard draft picks and acquisitions out there tonight.

Chief Fan jumped all over me for suggesting that Ballard was better.

RunKC
10-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Veach better start looking at what Ballard is doing.

Trade Sammy, trade down in the draft, trust your scouts and bring in young cheap talent

OKchiefs
10-06-2019, 09:57 PM
What a time to be in KC

- Dayton Moore is shit and is going to hire Matheny
- Veach is shit
- Sporting KC is shit

Oh boy!

Gravedigger
10-06-2019, 09:57 PM
Andy’s always done this bullshit. Taking OLinemen you’ve never heard of and cobbling together some Frankenstein’s monster bullshit to get the QB killed.

JakeF
10-06-2019, 09:58 PM
I keep hearing about how Veach was the one responsible for Mahomes and that Veach had to really sell Dorsey and Reid on him.
Has Veach's drafting since supported that rumor?

On the other hand, Dorsey turned around the worse franchise in the NFL in a single year. Even if Cleveland isn't the super bowl contender people say they still went from a total abomination to a playoff contender is a single season. People have been trying to turn Cleveland around for decades without success and Dorsey did it without breaking a sweat.

TambaBerry
10-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Hunter should not be on this team anymore. Tell him to go home and never come back. Can't believe we kept him over Allen

comochiefsfan
10-06-2019, 10:03 PM
This thing is going to come crumbling down in a few years.

Veach hasn’t infused the organization with ANY new talent. And once the Dorsey guys start to age or leave via free agency then we’re going to be in big big trouble.

Mahomes can’t do it by himself and Veach is quickly showing himself incapable of getting him any help.

Flying High D
10-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Get Allen back in here and Hunter the hell out.

New World Order
10-06-2019, 10:06 PM
He's had 2.5 offseasons and 2 drafts and he still can't get the run d straightened out.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-06-2019, 10:07 PM
This thing is going to come crumbling down in a few years.

Veach hasn’t infused the organization with ANY new talent. And once the Dorsey guys start to age or leave via free agency then we’re going to be in big big trouble.

Mahomes can’t do it by himself and Veach is quickly showing himself incapable of getting him any help.

10000%.

We are going to turn Mahomes into the next Marino if he gets stuck here. No question.

tk13
10-06-2019, 10:17 PM

On the other hand, Dorsey turned around the worse franchise in the NFL in a single year. Even if Cleveland isn't the super bowl contender people say they still went from a total abomination to a playoff contender is a single season. People have been trying to turn Cleveland around for decades without success and Dorsey did it without breaking a sweat.

Has he? He's created a lot of hype but the Browns haven't done anything yet. Baker is good but is he championship good? Is Kitchens a legit championship coach? They've been really undisciplined this year, but they have some talent and a lot of hype.

Meanwhile Ballard took over a trainwreck Ryan Grigson left behind, and has turned them into a playoff team with the best offensive line in football, a talented group of RBs and young talent all over the defense. Look at all the guys who were missing tonight and still they had depth to step up and whip our offense.

Rasputin
10-06-2019, 10:18 PM
4-1

We'll be fine just need get guys back from injuries

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Has he? He's created a lot of hype but the Browns haven't done anything yet. Baker is good but is he championship good? Is Kitchens a legit championship coach? They've been really undisciplined this year, but they have some talent and a lot of hype.

Meanwhile Ballard took over a trainwreck Ryan Grigson left behind, and has turned them into a playoff team with the best offensive line in football, a talented group of RBs and young talent all over the defense. Look at all the guys who were missing tonight and still they had depth to step up and whip our offense.
Chief Fan would lose their mind if we took Oline with a top pick.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Dude they were 0-16 2 years ago and have won 9 games so far. He absolutely improved the team and theres no debating that.

When he was unjustly fired we suspected it was because of his idiotic contracts. Veach had him hold his beer and added draft picks into the equation.

Ballard's banged up roster put the clown shoes on him tonight. It's a bad look when you traded your best corner and 2 years later still dont have a replacement, cut your best pass rusher only to pay a guy who's been less productive to pay him more AND trade a first round draft pick.

This should be a wake up call to all the rumor mongering idiots who want to give up 2 first for a CB. You arent going to trade your way to a championship. You have to build through the draft. Veach to this point hasnt illustrated that he can do that.

DRM08
10-06-2019, 10:22 PM
10000%.

We are going to turn Mahomes into the next Marino if he gets stuck here. No question.

Your worst nightmare: former Chiefs guy is now Colts GM and building their OL/defense the right way. Indy has a game manager QB on a 2 year contract. They could grab Mahomes when the time comes.

RunKC
10-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Dude they were 0-16 2 years ago and have won 9 games so far. He absolutely improved the team and theres no debating that.

When he was unjustly fired we suspected it was because of his idiotic contracts. Veach had him hold his beer and added draft picks into the equation.

Ballard's banged up roster put the clown shoes on him tonight. It's a bad look when you traded your best corner and 2 years later still dont have a replacement, cut your best pass rusher only to pay a guy who's been less productive to pay him more AND trade a first round draft pick.

This should be a wake up call to all the rumor mongering idiots who want to give up 2 first for a CB. You arent going to trade your way to a championship. You have to build through the draft. Veach to this point hasnt illustrated that he can do that.

Ballard is miles better than Veach and Dorsey

SDChiefs
10-06-2019, 10:27 PM

Colts wouldnt have won if not for the refs. Let's not pretend their a good team. Even their own fans thought we would stomp them due to their lack of talent.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Ballard is miles better than Veach and Dorsey

Hes done a hell of a job building his team so has Dorsey. Veach added a few pieces but overall has done much worse at drafting.

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:30 PM
A genius plan to get Mahomes to take less money. So the team gets better players!

I have heard from someone very close to Patrick that he’s 100% not taking a hometown discount.

$40m/yr.

He’s probably worth more but unfortunately with the way the NFL cap works, it will mean he’ll be surrounded by less talent than if he’s underpaid.

I would draft D and OL heavy to protect my QB going forward.

KC Hawks
10-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Not to defend Veach, but Ballard and Dorsey have also had top 10 picks to jump start their teams.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:32 PM
Not to defend Veach, but Ballard and Dorsey have also had top 10 picks to jump start their teams.

Yeah but he got Jones in the 2nd despite picking in the bottom of the first, Hill in the 6th? And Kelce was a third round pick.

Veach hasnt drafted 1 impact player

JakeF
10-06-2019, 10:32 PM

I address that. Cleveland is hyped too much but they are still a playoff contender. Dorsey turned them into a team that is good enough to be overhyped which is a huge change from the disaster they've been for the last 20 years.

I think Dorsey needs to draft another QB in a few of years. Mayfield is a scatterbrain.

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:33 PM
Chief Fan would lose their mind if we took Oline with a top pick.

Yeah it would really suck to draft guys that will protect the #1 asset the Chiefs will ever own.

ChiTown
10-06-2019, 10:37 PM
4-1

We'll be fine just need get guys back from injuries

Every team is injured. The Colts were battered by injuries on D.

We need better players up front, on both sides of the ball. You can’t expect Pat to keep bailing this team out of their own mess. We are thin everywhere on this roster, except WR. Getting Ty back next week will be awesome, but I’m pretty sure we’re going to keep dealing with Pat’s injured ankle all year, especially given the fact that we can’t figure out a way to run a more balanced offense by running the ball. It’s criminal that Shady got zero carries tonight. He’s been our best back this year.

FringeNC
10-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Veach needs to hire one of those Colts analytics guys. They would have explained the absurdity of giving up draft picks for the right to pay Frank Clark what he wanted. MLB GMs have finally figured out stuff like that.

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Veach needs to hire one of those Colts analytics guys. They would have explained the absurdity of giving up draft picks for the right to pay Frank Clark what he wanted. MLB GMs have finally figured out stuff like that.

Yep, and the Colts somehow plug in a bunch of nobodies on defense and still play hand us our ass.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Ballard offered to send Houston to KC for 2 firsts and a 2nd. Veach wanted to call around a bit first.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2019, 10:46 PM
Veach needs to hire one of those Colts analytics guys. They would have explained the absurdity of giving up draft picks for the right to pay Frank Clark what he wanted. MLB GMs have finally figured out stuff like that.They'd immediately suggest we fire Veach.

tk13
10-06-2019, 10:56 PM

For sure. I think Ballard's done a way better job of finding depth in the draft though. Just go look at their draft picks the last three years. Got Leonard in the 2nd round. Got Mack in the 4th round. They've had somewhere around 30 picks under Ballard and most of them are in the league playing somewhere. They've got 4th-7th round picks out there contributing. Almost their entire back 7 on defense and pretty much their whole second defensive unit are Ballard picks.

scho63
10-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Veach is riding on his Mahomes pick success.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Veach is riding on his Mahomes pick success.

What Mahomes pick success? John Dorsey is the one who made the trade up and then selected Mahomes.

This narrative that Veach is 100% responsible for Mahomes is fucking ridiculous and is a blatant PR attempt by the Chiefs to make him look better than he actually is.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Three years after the Steelers playoff loss and still the run D looks like sh!t. They have acknowledged this weakness yet haven't fixed it.
I shudder to think how Veach will manage the roster after paying Mahomes.

ModSocks
10-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Three years after the Steelers playoff loss and still the run D looks like shit. They have acknowledged this weakness yet haven't fixed it.
I shudder to think how Veach will manage the roster after paying Mahomes.

This roster has been decaying under Veach.

Through 5 games the Chiefs:

Can't stop the run
Can't rush the passer
Can't cover
Can't run the ball
Can't pass protect.

Literally the only thing they've done well thus far is throw the ball and Mahomes has been banged up and a bit off and Watkins and Hill are down.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 10:59 AM
We had multiple guys in the front office that knew what they were doing, we kept the one that didn't.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 11:03 AM
We had multiple guys in the front office that knew what they were doing, we kept the one that didn't.

John Dorsey, Chris Ballard & Brett Veach.

We kept Brett fucking Veach.

Great job Clark on letting Ballard walk before firing Dorsey because he challenged your outsized ego. You let plan B walk, got emotional and fired plan A and now you’ve been caught holding the bag with Plan C. Great fucking job jackass.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 11:06 AM

Can't stop the run
Can't rush the passer
Can't cover
Can't run the ball
Can't pass protect.

Literally the only thing they've done well thus far is throw the ball and Mahomes has been banged up and a bit off and Watkins and Hill are down.

No discipline either in all three phases. I simply cannot accept that Reid is a great coach when his teams are constantly and heavily penalized.

The only way we have been winning is building up leads through the brilliance of our QB and hoping that the other team panics trying to catch up.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Brett Veach has had 2 offseasons and all I've really seen him do is spend a shit ton of money and draft picks for marginal return...

If he hadn't stepped into Patrick Mahomes being the QB on an already made team by John Dorsey we'd see how bad he really is at this job.

Dude might be Ryan Grigson 2.0

TEX
10-07-2019, 11:08 AM

Unfortunately, you are correct.

TEX
10-07-2019, 11:09 AM

Can't stop the run
Can't rush the passer
Can't cover
Can't run the ball
Can't pass protect.

Decaying is an excellent term.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:09 AM
John Dorsey, Chris Ballard & Brett Veach.

We kept Brett ****ing Veach.

Great job Clark on letting Ballard walk before firing Dorsey because he challenged your outsized ego. You let plan B walk, got emotional and fired plan A and now you’ve been caught holding the bag with Plan C. Great ****ing job jackass.

BECAUSE REID IS THE DE FACTO GM!

How do you not realize that!?

Earl Thomas basically said as much - REID is the one he spoke with about the contract, REID is who he agreed to sign with, and REID is who he called to tell that Baltimore swooped in and offered a better contract.

Veach is just Reid's yes-man. Reid didn't want a Dorsey or Ballard second guessing him; he wanted Veach who will do what he says. Reid tells Veach who/what he wants, then Veach works out the money and the details.

Veach is GM in name only.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:11 AM
I simply cannot accept that Reid is a great coach when his teams are constantly and heavily penalized.

Or has clock management issues.

Or has soft teams that get out-muscled.

Or lacks situational awareness.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Brett Veach "We're fixing the run defense!"

So 2 drafts and FA periods later we have changed schemes, coaches and many players and they still suck.

I'm impressed Brett.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Brett Veach "We're fixing the run defense!"

So 2 drafts and FA periods later we have changed schemes, coaches and many players and they still suck.

I'm impressed Brett.

He's just doing what Reid tells him to do.

Red Dawg
10-07-2019, 11:18 AM
Veach is a pile of fail. OL is weak, DL is weak, LBs are worthless.

gold_and_red
Or has clock management issues.

Or has soft teams that get out-muscled.

Or lacks situational awareness.

Two playoff wins in six years, 20 years one SB appearance. If he doesn't win at least two playoff games this year CHunt should turn it over to another HC.
Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and our weapons are great enough to run a different philosophy. We need a much better OL and a more balanced team none of which Reid and Veach will provide.

Mecca
I'm sure Reid's in charge because why else would the dude that is like 35 years old be the GM instead of the 2 guys who were fully qualified to do the job well that were here?

Buckweath
Okafor out doesn't help.

Jones being out halfway into the game hurts too.

Nnadi doesn't seem to have taken a step up at all.

Clark is obviously somewhat disappointing.

The LBs are being swallowed up. We knew that group would be below-average but the Dline should be much stronger.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 11:19 AM
It's probably also time to acknowledge this, NFL history says if a coach doesn't take a team to a SB within 5 years of taking the job, it isn't gonna happen.

MahiMike
2018 - "Hey Veach! Fix the defense!"

2019 - "Hey Veach! Why are you spending so much on the defense?!"

comochiefsfan
What was John Dorsey fired for again? Not wanting to pay Eric Berry? (turns out that would have been a brilliant move.)

Overpaying for Houston? (Anybody in the league would do that after a 22 sack season.)

Cutting Maclin over text? (I love J Mac but grow the **** up. It’s the NFL.)

Or was it maybe because he challenged Clark and Andy’s egos and they couldn’t handle it?

You can win with bad contracts if you draft well. Dorsey gave out some bad deals but he was a wizard on draft day.

Veach has given out worse contracts than Dorsey ever did and he can’t draft for shit.

We let the GM that would have won us the Super Bowl walk out the door and replaced him with a company yes man.

This is why Owners stick to ownership, coaches stick to coaching and GMs handle personnel.

Andy and Clark, that is ****ing pathetic.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 11:21 AM
2018 - "Hey Veach! Fix the defense!"

2019 - "Hey Veach! Why are you spending so much on the defense?!"

He spent money on the defense and got us a sack of shit and made a large chunk of cap space go “poof”.

Buckweath
10-07-2019, 11:21 AM
What was John Dorsey fired for again? Not wanting to pay Eric Berry? (turns out that would have been a brilliant move.)

Overpaying for Houston? (Anybody in the league would do that after a 22 sack season.)

Cutting Maclin over text? (I love J Mac but grow the **** up. It’s the NFL.)

Or was it maybe because he challenged Clark and Andy’s egos and they couldn’t handle it?

You can win with bad contracts if you draft well. Dorsey gave out some bad deals but he was a wizard on draft day.

Veach has given out worse contracts than Dorsey ever did and he can’t draft for shit.

We let the GM that would have won us the Super Bowl walk out the door and replaced him with a company yes man.

This is why Owners stick to ownership, coaches stick to coaching and GMs handle personnel.

Andy and Clark, that is ****ing pathetic.

John Dorsey was/is a boss! I've always said that.

I trust Veach to be a good one too.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:22 AM
I'm sure Reid's in charge because why else would the dude that is like 35 years old be the GM instead of the 2 guys who were fully qualified to do the job well that were here?

EXACTLY.

Veach does what Reid wants.

Veach is Reid's hire. Veach is GM in name only. Reid is the actual GM.

Period.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
John Dorsey was/is a boss! I've always said that.

I trust Veach to be a good one too.

Veach COULD grow into the job...but he'll never go against Reid - Reid is his boss. Make no mistake...

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 11:24 AM
EXACTLY.

Veach does what Reid wants.

Veach is Reid's hire. Veach is GM in name only. Reid is the actual GM.

Period.

What part of Dorsey delivering Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes was Reid not satisfied with?

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:28 AM
What part of Dorsey delivering Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes was Reid not satisfied with?

Good question.

I think it was more the Eric Berry/Jeremy Maclin issues.

Which, turns out Dorsey was correct on both.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 11:31 AM

Or maybe Dorsey asked Reid "I gave you good players and you have one playoff win in five years to show for it".

Deberg_1990
10-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Should the Chiefs have promoted Chris Ballard to GM instead of Veach?

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Should the Chiefs have promoted Chris Ballard to GM instead of Veach?

Wasn't Dorsey still here when Ballard left for Indy?

Carlota69
10-07-2019, 11:35 AM
After reading the threads today, if I didn't know better, Id think we lost the game by 33 points and we were 0-5, Mahomes got into a fight with Reid and demanded a trade and all hope was lost. Either that or everyone on here is PMSing...Maybe both?

#itwasonefuckinggameforfuckssake

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Or maybe Dorsey asked Reid "I gave you good players and you have one playoff win in five years to show for it".

The Titans game tells you all you need to know about Andy Reid as a head coach.

Do you think Belichick or Walsh or Shula or any great coach in the history of the league loses that game, with a vastly more talented roster, with a 17 point lead, and at home in the playoffs?

The answer is no.

Also, answer me this:

Does any good team have less of a home field advantage than the Chiefs do?

Off the top of my head:

2019 Colts
2019 AFC Championship Game
2018 Chargers
2018 Wild Card Game
2017 Steelers
2017 Divisional Game
Multiple games against five head and Dungver.

It’s astonishing how many big games we lose at home with the kind of noise and energy the fans give Arrowhead. Seattle basically NEVER loses at home with the same kind of crowd. Yet the Chiefs struggle.

Is that an indictment on a head coach who can’t win big games?

I’ll hang up and listen.

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Good job with the interior line bud. Keep spending all our resources on overpaid defensive players and draft picks who dont do shit

The interior isn't as bad as our tackles!!!!!!!! Tardiff and Reiter are ok.....Wylie is getting pushed around. Schwartz is slow and gets pushed around. Why he gets lauded as an above average player is beyond me!

Cam ….. enough said!

Mecca
10-07-2019, 11:42 AM
After reading the threads today, if I didn't know better, Id think we lost the game by 33 points and we were 0-5, Mahomes got into a fight with Reid and demanded a trade and all hope was lost. Either that or everyone on here is PMSing...Maybe both?

#itwasonefuckinggameforfuckssake

Just exposed what's going on, Brett Veach has spent a ton of money and draft capitol on a defense that is still awful.

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 11:44 AM

#itwasone****inggamefor****ssake

Well, it was a game where all the genius's on here were saying we would win by 20 and Mahomes would throw 5 TD's.

Some of us have seen this coming...

Some of us see it continuing...

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Do you think Belichick or Walsh or Shula or any great coach in the history of the league loses that game, with a vastly more talented roster, with a 17 point lead, and at home in the playoffs?

The answer is no.

Also, answer me this:

Off the top of my head:

2019 Colts
2018 Chargers
2018 Wild Card Game
2017 Steelers
2017 Divisional Game

It’s astonishing how many big games we lose at home with the kind of noise and energy the fans give Arrowhead. Seattle basically NEVER loses at home with the same kind of crowd. Yet the Chiefs struggle.

I’ll hang up and listen.

I have mentioned this many times all the way back to the Smith era. I am more comfortable watching this team on the road than at Arrowhead. HFA is supposed to help the D but they seem to perform about the same or worse at home.
The one and only reason that works towards keeping Reid is that his teams are competitive on the road, which is the biggest factor in getting top playoff seeds, which he then chokes away like clockwork.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:59 AM

The answer is no.

Also, answer me this:

Off the top of my head:

2019 Colts
2018 Chargers
2018 Wild Card Game
2017 Steelers
2017 Divisional Game

I’ll hang up and listen.
Don't forget the 2015 Steelers playoff game at Arrowhead, which last night was basically a carbon copy of...

RunKC
10-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Brett Veach has had 2 offseasons and all I've really seen him do is spend a shit ton of money and draft picks for marginal return...

If he hadn't stepped into Patrick Mahomes being the QB on an already made team by John Dorsey we'd see how bad he really is at this job.

John Dorsey did not build this team. Andy Reid did.

I don’t believe anybody who tells me Dorsey is responsible for finding any of our offensive players. Look at all the OL and weapons Andy drafted in Philly.

Dorsey’s role was far exaggerated

MahiMike
10-07-2019, 12:03 PM
What Mahomes pick success? John Dorsey is the one who made the trade up and then selected Mahomes.

This narrative that Veach is 100% responsible for Mahomes is ****ing ridiculous and is a blatant PR attempt by the Chiefs to make him look better than he actually is.

Veach discovered Mahomes. Everyone knows this. Dorsey was here when we picked him but it was all Veach. This is why he deserves some time.

MahiMike
10-07-2019, 12:05 PM

Everyone agreed we needed to act quickly while Mahomes was on his rookie deal. That's what Veach did - he acted quickly. Maybe didn't work in all cases but he took a swing at it.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:07 PM
John Dorsey did not build this team. Andy Reid did.

I don’t believe anybody who tells me Dorsey is responsible for finding any of our offensive players. Look at all the OL and weapons Andy drafted in Philly.

Dorsey’s role was far exaggerated

Sure even if that is correct didn't Reid fail in Philly trying to do much more than coaching?
With a great talent like Mahomes the GM's role is critical in building a complementary team under cap constraints. We need a real one, not yes men like Veach or an overloaded HC who has a list of gameday issues to fix.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Veach discovered Mahomes. Everyone knows this. Dorsey was here when we picked him but it was all Veach. This is why he deserves some time.

You aren’t seriously buying into that company line are you?

Maybe Veach scouted Mahomes but that’s what scouts are supposed to do.

DORSEY is the one who had to ultimately take Veach’s advice, and then make the big trade up to the exact spot he needed to get to in order to draft Mahomes.

We don’t give Dorsey nearly enough credit here. And as for Veach “discovering” Mahomes? It’s not like Mahomes was some grunge band playing in a dive bar that Veach happened to stumble upon. He was a well known commodity that every scout and GM in the league had their eyes on. So I’m not buying this “discovery” shit for one second.

staylor26
10-07-2019, 12:11 PM
It isn’t just the “company line” dumbass. Mahomes camp and the people Veach dealt with at TT have said the same things.

And it started well before Mahomes Junior year.

You want to vent about Veach after a disappointing loss? That’s fine, but let’s not try to change the facts to fit your narrative.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:13 PM
You aren’t seriously buying into that company line are you?

Maybe Veach scouted Mahomes but that’s what scouts are supposed to do.

DORSEY is the one who had to ultimately take Veach’s advice, and then make the big trade up to the exact spot he needed to get to in order to draft Mahomes.

We don’t give Dorsey nearly enough credit here. And as for Veach “discovering” Mahomes? It’s not like Mahomes was some grunge band playing in a dive bar that Veach happened to stumble upon. He was a well known commodity that every scout and GM in the league had their eyes on. So I’m not buying this “discovery” shit for one second.

Yes Dorsey traded up to #10 not higher not lower while giving up just enough. Dorsey had his ups and downs but with a powerful HC like Reid directly reporting to the owner I don't know how "great" a GM can be.

Titty Meat
10-07-2019, 02:33 PM
The thing about this thread it's not just after a loss though. The interior has been getting Mahomes creamed all season. Well actually since atleast the new England game last year and the run defense has always been trash. It's a bigger picture thing then just reacting to 1 game.

TEX
10-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Everyone agreed we needed to act quickly while Mahomes was on his rookie deal. That's what Veach did - he acted quickly. Maybe didn't work in all cases but he took a swing at it.

What cases did it work?

Red Dawg
10-07-2019, 02:38 PM
What cases did it work?

None. Team loses the battle at the LOS constantly.

TEX
10-07-2019, 02:50 PM
None. Team loses the battle at the LOS constantly.

That's how I see it also. I just thought I may be missing something, so I was asking.

Chieftain
10-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Veach has done the best he can with the cards he was dealt. He picked up decent talent in the offseason to overhaul the D in: Wilson, Okafor and Ogba. Hitchens and Clark were also very good pickups at the time. Not Veach's fault they haven't lived up to their contract. The safety position which was a major weakness was drastically improved.
The only weakness, and a major one, I see with Veach has been his drafting. It's been hit or miss. Saunders and Speaks look to be busts. Thornhill and Hardman do not. We need to have a really solid draft next year.

Red Dawg
10-07-2019, 03:02 PM
LB is bad for us right now. We have zero at that position that's worth a damn.

Huge problem that can't be fixed during the season.

kcclone
10-07-2019, 03:09 PM

It doesn’t matter that “everyone agreed” to whatever. Veach is the one getting a large paycheck to get it right, and he’s not getting the job done.

nychief
10-07-2019, 03:10 PM
LB is bad for us right now. We have zero at that position that's worth a damn.

Huge problem that can't be fixed during the season.

Ugly. Best rush of the day came from Ragland.... let that sink in.

Jerm
10-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Don't forget the 2015 Steelers playoff game at Arrowhead, which last night was basically a carbon copy of...

Every big loss we've had in recent memory is a carbon copy of each of the other losses...it's a pattern and nothing about it is changing and that's concerning.

That was my big takeaway from last night...

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 03:59 PM
The thing about this thread it's not just after a loss though. The interior has been getting Mahomes creamed all season. Well actually since atleast the new England game last year and the run defense has always been trash. It's a bigger picture thing then just reacting to 1 game.

Correct. I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable January afternoon/evening where this run defense costs us the season.

I have faith that the offense will fix a good portion of what went wrong yesterday - Hill, Watkins, and Fisher can go a long way toward shoring up those deficiencies...no one is coming to fix that Dline/LB core. Our best front seven defender is a malcontent who doesn't give a rat's ass about gap containment. It's a real problem.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Every big loss we've had in recent memory is a carbon copy of each of the other losses...it's a pattern and nothing about it is changing and that's concerning.

*sigh*

I know.

scho63
10-07-2019, 04:26 PM

This narrative that Veach is 100% responsible for Mahomes is fucking ridiculous and is a blatant PR attempt by the Chiefs to make him look better than he actually is.

Veach drove the pick from early on, Dorsey just executed it.

Know your Chiefs history.

TEX
10-07-2019, 04:30 PM

Exactly. :shake:

PAChiefsGuy
10-07-2019, 04:39 PM
The Frank Clark trade might go down as one of the worst trades ever if he keeps playing the way he has been.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Veach has done the best he can with the cards he was dealt. He picked up decent talent in the offseason to overhaul the D in: Wilson, Okafor and Ogba. Hitchens and Clark were also very good pickups at the time. Not Veach's fault they haven't lived up to their contract. The safety position which was a major weakness was drastically improved.
The only weakness, and a major one, I see with Veach has been his drafting. It's been hit or miss. Saunders and Speaks look to be busts. Thornhill and Hardman do not. We need to have a really solid draft next year.Hitchens never made sense. Our pass rush last season was pretty good. To "fix" that problem, Veach traded away/cut our pass-rushers. He "fixed" the center position by letting Morse walk.

He "fixed" our lack of young talent issue with the 2018 draft.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2019, 04:49 PM

Know your Chiefs history.And Dorsey should get 100% of the credit/blame. I'm sure all of his scouts like particular players. The buck stops at the GM who has to make the moves/call.

FringeNC
10-07-2019, 04:53 PM
The Frank Clark trade might go down as one of the worst trades ever if he keeps playing the way he has been.

It's a bit worse than that -- giving up the draft picks was just part of the price we paid. Isn't his cap hit something insane next year?

UChieffyBugger
10-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Imo it's gonna be a big three weeks for Brett ahead of the trade deadline. He's got to find a way to improve this defense between now and then. IF he doesn't and we limp out of the playoffs in the same fashion as we have in the last three years, then it's time to consider his position I think. He would have had two drafts and three trade deadlines to get it right.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 05:09 PM

Know your Chiefs history.

Think about who’s telling you this fairy tale. You think the Chiefs were going to be like “Patrick Mahomes is a stone cold stud, too bad we kicked the guy who drafted him to the curb and promoted this underqualified yes man to the role?”

No way. This whole “Veach discovered Mahomes” story is blatant PR by the Clarks, trying to discredit Dorsey and make Veach look like a wunderkind when it’s becoming clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

I’m not buying it. You credit the GM who made the pick and that was Dorsey. End of story.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
And Dorsey should get 100% of the credit/blame. I'm sure all of his scouts like particular players. The buck stops at the GM who has to make the moves/call.

Exactly this.

staylor26
10-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Think about who’s telling you this fairy tale. You think the Chiefs were going to be like “Patrick Mahomes is a stone cold stud, too bad we kicked the guy who drafted him to the curb and promoted this underqualified yes man to the role?”

No way. This whole “Veach discovered Mahomes” story is blatant PR by the Clarks, trying to discredit Dorsey and make Veach look like a wunderkind when it’s becoming clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

I’m not buying it. You credit the GM who made the pick and that was Dorsey. End of story.

Again, that didn’t just come from the Chiefs. That’s from Mahomes’ team and people at TT as well. This started well before his Junior year.

Stop trying to change the facts to fit your narrative.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Again, that didn’t just come from the Chiefs. That’s from Mahomes’ team and people at TT as well.

I’m sure that Veach was the lead scout on Mahomes. That has never been a question. But this narrative that he “discovered” Mahomes is ludicrous when Pat was on every team’s radar before the draft.

JOHN DORSEY had to listen to Veach’s scouting report, watch the film, decide he was going to select him, execute the perfect trade, and then actually select him.

Did Brett Veach help us get Mahomes? Undoubtedly. But to act like he was solely his pick and to give Dorsey no credit is a BS narrative trying to put down the man that Clark had just fired and pump up the one he promoted.

And since then Veach has hit on exactly ZERO draft picks and his free agent signings and trades have been abortions. But he told Andy and Dorsey about a projected 1st-2nd round quarterback so that makes him a genius.

GTFOH

staylor26
10-07-2019, 05:21 PM
I’m sure that Veach was the lead scout on Mahomes. That has never been a question. But this narrative that he “discovered” Mahomes is ludicrous when Pat was on every team’s radar before the draft.

JOHN DORSEY had to listen to Veach’s scouting report, watch the film, decide he was going to select him, execute the perfect trade, and then actually select him.

Did Brett Veach help us get Mahomes? Undoubtedly. But to act like he was solely his pick and to give Dorsey no credit is a BS narrative trying to put down the man that Clark had just fired and pump up the one he promoted.

And since then Veach has hit on exactly ZERO draft picks and his free agent signings and trades have been abortions. But he told Andy and Dorsey about a projected 1st-2nd round quarterback so that makes him a genius.

GTFOH

So Mahomes’ team and people at TT are in on this too. Even though they give most of the credit to Veach and his persistence about Pat it’s all just bullshit propaganda. Got it.

Buttfucking moron.

Dorsey and Reid deserve their credit too, but Veach was in on Mahomes well before he was a well known prospect.

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2019, 05:24 PM
So Mahomes’ team and people at TT are in on this too. Even though they give most of the credit to Veach and his persistence about Pat it’s all just bullshit propaganda. Got it.

Buttfucking moron.

Dorsey and Reid deserve their credit too, but Veach was in on Mahomes well before he was a well known prospect.

Mecole Hardman and Thornhill have looked solid

staylor26
10-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Mecole Hardman and Thornhill have looked solid

They have. It hasn’t been all bad with Veach. I’m not satisfied whatsoever, but I’m not willing to say he sucks and he’s Grigson 2.0 either. I think he has an eye for talent, but he’s unfortunately learning on the job as a young GM. Hopefully he continues to grow.

The Franchise
10-07-2019, 05:37 PM
We all soon forget that Dorsey couldn’t find a LB to save his life. Or how about when he drafted 3 DBs in one draft and THEY ALL FUCKING SUCKED.

Pitt Gorilla
10-07-2019, 05:39 PM
We all soon forget that Dorsey couldn’t find a LB to save his life. Or how about when he drafted 3 DBs in one draft and THEY ALL ****ING SUCKED.Houston and Ford were pretty good.

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Houston and Ford were pretty good.

Houston was a Pioli pick

staylor26
10-07-2019, 05:42 PM

One, Dorsey didn’t draft Houston.

Two, he’s talking about off the ball LB’s.

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2019, 05:42 PM
LMAO Houston?

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Dorsey wouldn't have done shit here as the man in charge. Look at his disastrous HCs in Cleveland. Somehow let himself get into a situation where his HC and OC actually TIED in a power struggle, then hired a glorified yesman to his douchebag QB to run the show.

The Franchise
10-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Whoosh.

-King-
10-07-2019, 05:50 PM
We all soon forget that Dorsey couldn’t find a LB to save his life. Or how about when he drafted 3 DBs in one draft and THEY ALL FUCKING SUCKED.

I mean he did also draft another DB that had 21 picks in 3 years for us...

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Ballard is the one that got away.

The Franchise
10-07-2019, 05:51 PM
I mean he did also draft another DB that had 21 picks in 3 years for us...

And then couldn’t do anything to control him. But sure...he hit on a 1st round pick. Congrats.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 05:52 PM
I had no idea Veach was also an offensive and defensive coach. When did that happen?

-King-
10-07-2019, 05:54 PM
And then couldn’t do anything to control him. But sure...he hit on a 1st round pick. Congrats.

Meanwhile the player Veach got for his first round pick is on pace for 3.2 sacks this year.

Beethoven
10-07-2019, 06:07 PM
It pisses me off that we had the chance to have Chris Ballard as our GM. F***.

PAChiefsGuy
10-07-2019, 06:15 PM
Again, that didn’t just come from the Chiefs. That’s from Mahomes’ team and people at TT as well. This started well before his Junior year.

Even if you give Veach 100% of the credit for the Mahomes pick, building a team is a little different than drafting one player even if the player is as good as Mahomes.

I'm not sure Veach is up to the job. He hasn't done well with his drafts so far and he made a shit trade for Frank Clark. The Seahawks are making us look like idiots right now. He overpaid for Watkins, who is always hurt, as well.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Dorsey wouldn't have done shit here as the man in charge. Look at his disastrous HCs in Cleveland. Somehow let himself get into a situation where his HC and OC actually TIED in a power struggle, then hired a glorified yesman to his douchebag QB to run the show.

That's lunacy. He chose the situation. But he didn't create it. Everyone who's followed Cleveland knows that. This is all a haslem waterfall effect. But in terms of talent eval, Dorsey has been really good in the draft with Cleveland. I get why Dorsey was fired but the revisionist history that he was a bad talent evaluator are crazy talk.

Easy 6
10-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Yesterday was disgusting, it highlighted basic problems we’ve inexplicably suffered for too long... but I’m pumping the brakes on the Impeach Veach train, 4-1 doesn’t mean every move he makes is total shit

It’s been an ugly two week stretch, but bleeding out this early is bad form

Titty Meat
10-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Ballard is the one that got away.

It appears to be that way but he paid Funchess 13 mil.

I'd like to blame it on Sutton like last year but you have a new DC. I would understand getting carved up in the passing game as the rush hasnt been impressive and that stuff takes more communication.

Teams are just lining up and flat out whipping us.

kcclone
10-07-2019, 06:34 PM
It appears to be that way but he paid Funchess 13 mil.

I'd like to blame it on Sutton like last year but you have a new DC. I would understand getting carved up in the passing game as the rush hasnt been impressive and that stuff takes more communication.

Teams are just lining up and flat out whipping us.

We’ve had some pretty crappy drafts recently outside of hitting it big with Mahomes and Hill. Other positions though have not been back filled.

The acquisitions we’ve done in free agency have been either poor or at best a push from a personnel standpoint

arrwheader
10-07-2019, 07:28 PM

Buttfucking moron.

Dorsey and Reid deserve their credit too, but Veach was in on Mahomes well before he was a well known prospect.Need some links to back this TT people thing too

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Titty Meat
10-07-2019, 07:35 PM
We’ve had some pretty crappy drafts recently outside of hitting it big with Mahomes and Hill. Other positions though have not been back filled.

The acquisitions we’ve done in free agency have been either poor or at best a push from a personnel standpoint

That Hitchens contract is comically bad. When can we walk from that guy? After next year?

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:46 PM
That Hitchens contract is comically bad. When can we walk from that guy? After next year?

Nope not after they restructured his deal.

We’re stuck with that turd for another year. Cut your losses and make him a backup, he’s trash.

RunKC
10-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Dorsey sure looks great guys. His Browns are getting raped right now will only not be 1-4 bc they played a team whose QB got mono.

-King-
10-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Can we trade for Sean Lee and just line the inside of his jersey and pants with bubble wrap and foam peanuts?

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Lee and Wilson should be starting at LB anyways so hopefully Hitchens is out.

-King-
10-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Dorsey sure looks great guys. His Browns are getting raped right now will only not be 1-4 bc they played a team whose QB got mono.

I guess that changes the fact that out best players are the ones that he drafted.

RunKC
10-07-2019, 07:54 PM
We all soon forget that Dorsey couldn’t find a LB to save his life. Or how about when he drafted 3 DBs in one draft and THEY ALL ****ING SUCKED.

Kenneth Acker
Terrance Mitchell
Phillip Gaines
Steven Nelson
Marcus Cooper
Jamell Fleming
Sanders Commings
Keivarae Russell

Dorsey was complete shit finding players on defense. Peters was his only secondary hit and that guy was a disastrous ticking time bomb.

mcaj22
10-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Nope not after they restructured his deal.

We’re stuck with that turd for another year. Cut your losses and make him a backup, he’s trash.

I dont understand why they doubled down and restructured the deal. This front office needs to stop kicking the can down the road with overpaid contracts. They just got out of Houston, Berry, Tamba, DJs contracts and immediately spent the money on younger, worse replacements

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:55 PM
I dont understand why they doubled down and restructured the deal. This front office needs to stop kicking the can down the road with overpaid contracts. They just got out of Houston, Berry, Tamba, DJs contracts and immediately spent the money on younger, worse replacements

Well it would seem they did it to open up space for this year (potential trades).

Now the question is, who the fuck are you gonna get? Needs all over the place.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Some will probably say I’m crazy but given Ramsey’s back issue and what we’ve seen the past few weeks...

I’d look to add interior OL, LB, DL all before corner.

RunKC
10-07-2019, 08:00 PM
I understand the heat Veach is getting for win now moves. They are well founded and I don’t disagree.

I have to wonder if this is also Andy’s philosophy. He knows he’s over 60 and could have a heart attack at any time. It’s extremely common for an obese man of his age. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is wanting to go all in while Pat is making pennies bc he knows it may be his last chance.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-07-2019, 08:05 PM
I understand the heat Veach is getting for win now moves. They are well founded and I don’t disagree.

I have to wonder if this is also Andy’s philosophy. He knows he’s over 60 and could have a heart attack at any time. It’s extremely common for an obese man of his age. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is wanting to go all in while Pat is making pennies bc he knows it may be his last chance.

Uh what?

Dunerdr
10-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Some will probably say I’m crazy but given Ramsey’s back issue and what we’ve seen the past few weeks...

William Jackson the third and Geno Atkins..

staylor26
10-07-2019, 08:41 PM

Lol or maybe just maybe this is what ever team does these days while they have a QB on a rookie contract

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Chris Ballard would have been great.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 08:48 PM

I don't think you're crazy at all.

BryanBusby
10-07-2019, 08:50 PM
OL definitely. No way are you going to patch that shitty Defense this year, so might as well load up the Offense.

TEX
10-07-2019, 08:59 PM

Not crazy at all...

Jerm
10-07-2019, 09:47 PM

I think it was a combination of Andy getting antsy and knowing his clock is running out (not literally like death lol) and Clark seeing the Pats hoist his dad's trophy in Arrowhead...

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Even if OL is highest priority Reid must show more commitment to running the ball.

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Chris Ballard would have been great.

He sure looked great last night!!:thumb: And to think the Colts kicked our ass in the trenches without Darius Leonard with a decimated 2ndary to boot which say's a ton about the talent Ballard has found creating good depth.

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:13 PM
This is all on Andy and Veach is just a yes man that brings him players to look at so if you want to say Veach sucks in general at finding good players and is great at playing up poor players then ok. Veach's only real trophies are discovering Shady and Mahomes and granted those are huge players BUT YOU HAVE TO BE MORE CONSISTENT ACROSS THE BOARD IN ALL THE POSITIONS on the field. It is clear Andy and Brett are not.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 10:16 PM
Well it would seem they did it to open up space for this year (potential trades).

Now the question is, who the **** are you gonna get? Needs all over the place.

The brilliance of Ballard was what we did with dumpster moves. We landed guys like Wylie, Reiter, Jaye Howard, Jarvis Jenkins, Terrance Mitchell on the waiver wire. Why are not doing the same thing anymore? Even if one of those guys ends up being average, that's a huge upgrade for cheap.

And I still can't believe we're so inept at drafting interior OL that we can't even get these guys to make the gameday roster.

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2019, 10:17 PM
This is all on Andy and Veach is just a yes man that brings him players to look at so if you want to say Veach sucks in general at finding good players and is great at playing up poor players then ok. Veach's only real trophies are discovering Shady and Mahomes and granted those are huge players BUT YOU HAVE TO BE MORE CONSISTENT ACROSS THE BOARD IN ALL THE POSITIONS on the field. It is clear Andy and Brett are not.

Desean Jackson and Fletcher Cox should be included

Titty Meat
10-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Lol or maybe just maybe this is what ever team does these days while they have a QB on a rookie contract

The people wanting to trade 1s for CBs are retards. I remember Seattle getting guys but I'm not convinced the best way is to build through the draft regardless.

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:28 PM

Agreed. 4 players in what 15 yrs ?????:shrug:

Titty Meat
10-07-2019, 11:33 PM

Yeah and Steve Spagnulo was good with the Giants a decade too so it's a good hire

scho63
10-08-2019, 04:09 AM

Buttfucking moron.

This is true! :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2019, 12:50 PM

“Andy” seemed so much better at drafting with Dorsey and Ballard around. Weird.

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 01:00 PM
This is true! :thumb:

It is but being a good GM is about more than hitting on one pick. I'd like to know what other picks Veach liked or disliked when he was a scout here.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 01:02 PM
“Andy” seemed so much better at drafting with Dorsey and Ballard around. Weird.

They drafted particularly well on offense.

We are still capable of finding talent on offense. Nothing has changed.

We haven’t drafted nearly as well defensively in Reid’s tenure (which could also be partly due to coaching/development).

You really think we need Dorsey to find guys like Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Hunt? Reid and Veach will have no problem finding offensive talent.

They also had more to work with in terms of draft picks. Veach has been picking at the bottom of the draft with no 1st for 2 years now, granted one of those was his choice, but the fact still remains.

Get a fucking clue dude.

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 01:06 PM
They drafted particularly well on offense.

We are still capable of finding talent on offense. Nothing has changed.

We haven’t drafted nearly as well defensively in Reid’s tenure (which could also be partly due to coaching/development).

You really think we need Dorsey to find guys like Kelce, Hill, and Hunt? Reid and Veach will have no problem finding offensive talent.

They also had more to work with in terms of draft picks. Veach has been picking at the bottom of the draft with no 1st for 2 years now, granted one of those was his choice, but the fact still remains.

Get a ****ing clue dude.

Hes had 2 drafts where are they at? Seems like most his middle roubd guys are all on the bench and some of the later round guys arent even on the team.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Hes had 2 drafts where are they at? Seems like most his middle roubd guys are all on the bench and some of the later round guys arent even on the team.

Nnadi, Hardman, and Thornhill were good picks.

Speaks, DOD, and Saunders have not shown anything.

He’s batting .500 now. About what you’d expect with day 2 picks.

Mid/late round picks are not supposed to be starters, so I hardly see your point there.

The numbers show you’re more likely to hit on an UDFA, which we’ve done a decent job with (Williams and Pringle for example).

I’m not saying Veach has been great, but you guys are ignoring anything good that he’s done and it’s an unfair judgement.

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Nnadi, Hardman, and Thornhill were good picks.

Speaks, DOD, and Saunders have not shown anything.

He’s batting .500 now. About what you’d expect with day 2 picks.

Mid/late round picks are not supposed to be starters, so I hardly see your point there.

But LDT, Hill, Kelce, Hunt etc all were mid to late round picks and were starters. I'll give credit on the 3 you mentioned as good picks but none are really impact players. Hardman could be if he developes his route running, Thornhill is seemingly improving each week but I dont see the impact player type from him.

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I'm not saying he hasnt done anything good but I am saying the same holes are there from when he took over 2 years ago and I'm not sure the roster overall haant regressed since then too.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 01:18 PM
But LDT, Hill, Kelce, Hunt etc all were mid to late round picks and were starters. I'll give credit on the 3 you mentioned as good picks but none are really impact players. Hardman could be if he developes his route running, Thornhill is seemingly improving each week but I dont see the impact player type from him.

Kelce and Hunt were day 2 picks, just like the guys I mentioned.

Yea he hasn’t found any mid to late round starters through the draft, but he’s found guys like Reiter, Wylie, and Ward who are starters. You’re too fixated on how these starters were acquired in the past. Veach has found cheap solid starters in other ways. What difference does it make whether they were drafted or not?

Not to mention there’s still plenty of time for a guy like Darwin to become a starter. We’re 5 games into this year class’s careers. Those guys you mentioned that Dorsey acquired weren’t starters this early. That’s what I mean by “unfair”.

By the way, Kelce and Hunt were 100% Reid picks anyways. They would’ve been made regardless of who is the GM. You know that, right?

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 01:27 PM

Yea he hasn’t found any mid to late round starters through the draft, but he’s found guys like Reiter, Wylie, and Ward who are starters. You’re too fixated on how these starters were acquired in the past. Veach has found cheap solid starters in other ways. What difference does it make whether they were drafted or not?

Not to mention there’s still plenty of time for a guy like Darwin to become a starter. We’re 5 games into this year class’s careers. Those guys you mentioned that Dorsey acquired weren’t starters this early.

By the way, Kelce and Hunt were 100% Reid picks anyways. They would’ve been made regardless of who is the GM. You know that, right?

Reiter and Wylie are the reason Mahomes likely wont finish the year. They are awful and never should have been starters dude they weren't even good last year.
How they were acquired aside he really hasnt added any impact players aside from Watkins who's made of glass and Mathieu.

We are 5 games in so I'll be willing to admit that I was wrong if different guys step up but the way Clark is playing could be a huge face plant and that Hitchens deal was atrocious. You cant keep whiffing like that man.

rtmike
10-08-2019, 01:38 PM

Let’s not forget the sacrificial GM that afforded Dorsey all those picks.

When Dorse came here he had #1 pick and #1 shot at claiming other team cast offs.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Reiter and Wylie are the reason Mahomes likely wont finish the year. They are awful and never should have been starters dude they weren't even good last year.
How they were acquired aside he really hasnt added any impact players aside from Watkins who's made of glass and Mathieu.

We are 5 games in so I'll be willing to admit that I was wrong if different guys step up but the way Clark is playing could be a huge face plant and that Hitchens deal was atrocious. You cant keep whiffing like that man.

Oh and LDT has just been phenomenal at a much cheaper price huh? Wylie and Reiter are fine and if the rest of our OL/offense were healthy, they wouldn’t look nearly as bad. If Wylie and Reiter being starters were our biggest problem on offense, we’d be 5-0 putting up 30+ every game.

What about Okafor? Ogbah? Breeland? Wilson?

Again, you are ignoring any of his good moves.

RunKC
10-08-2019, 01:47 PM

They’re good backups for sure but I don’t like counting on them to start more than a few games.

This is what happens when you don’t have draft picks or you just simply blow them.

Trading for Alex=no 2nd for 2 years
Maclin penalty=no 3rd
Mahomes trade=loss of a 1st
Clark=loss of 1st and 2nd rd pick

Both of those QB trades were great for us IMO but the point is we didn’t have picks. That is hard when you can’t use that resource to surround your QB with talent.

Need to hit on the draft. That’s the best way to win in this league

staylor26
10-08-2019, 01:48 PM
LMAO

Dorsey gets way too much credit for the Browns improvement. That’s coming from somebody who loved Dorsey.

You keep picking in the top 5 every year and you’re going to have the talent to improve eventually. He didn’t even draft the best player on that team. You take Myles Garrett off that roster and they’re picking top 5 again this year. What does that say about this great job he’s done?

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Not to mention there’s still plenty of time for a guy like Darwin to become a starter. We’re 5 games into this year class’s careers. Those guys you mentioned that Dorsey acquired weren’t starters this early. That’s what I mean by “unfair”.

Kelce and Hunt were 100% Reid picks? How do you know? Were you in the draft room when they made the picks?

I guarantee you Dorsey had way more say than Reid when it comes to any of the draft picks that were made when he was here. You are talking out of your ass right now.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Kelce and Hunt were 100% Reid picks? How do you know? Were you in the draft room when they made the picks?

I guarantee you Dorsey had way more say than Reid when it comes to any of the draft picks that were made when he was here. You are talking out of your ass right now.

I’m not talking out of my ass you stupid fuck.

Reid said it himself that he fell in love with Hunt watching MAC games on Thursday nights in the background while doing game prep. If you had a clue, you’d already know this.

He obviously knew Kelce very well after coaching his brother. You think that’s a coincidence?

Reid plays a huge role in drafting offensive guys. He’s one of the greatest offensive minds ever, and you don’t think they lean on him when drafting offensive players to play in his fucking scheme? Some are 100% his picks. Hunt and Kelce clearly were.

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 02:41 PM
I’m not talking out of my ass you stupid ****.

Reid said it himself that he fell in love with Hunt watching MAC games on Thursday nights in the background while doing game prep. If you had a clue, you’d already know this.

He obviously knew Kelce very well after coaching his brother. You think that’s a coincidence?

Reid plays a huge role in drafting offensive guys. He’s one of the greatest offensive minds ever, and you don’t think they lean on him when drafting offensive players to play in his ****ing scheme? Some are 100% his picks. Hunt and Kelce clearly were.

You are the dumbass for saying that a HC is 100% responsible for a draft pick when a GM has final say on all draft picks moron.

Did Reid have a say? Im sure he did how much or how little is anyones guess.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-08-2019, 02:43 PM
I’m not talking out of my ass you stupid ****.

Reid plays a huge role in drafting offensive guys. He’s one of the greatest offensive minds ever, and you don’t think they lean on him when drafting offensive players to play in his ****ing scheme? Some are 100% his picks. Hunt and Kelce clearly were.

PREACH!! 🙌🏻

RunKC
10-08-2019, 02:43 PM
You are the dumbass for saying that a HC is 100% responsible for a draft pick when a GM has final say on all draft picks moron.

Travis Kelce’s brother was drafted by Andy and played for him for years. Travis even met Andy before he was draft eligible.
Andy’s kid coached at Temple, who is in the same conference as Cincinnati where Travis played. Andy’s son saw him every year.

Your dumbass really think Andy didn’t know about Travis Kelce?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-08-2019, 02:48 PM
I love Kelce. My favorite Chief besides Mahomes but he needs to catch the ball. Something doesn’t seem right with him. He can’t catch and it’s like he’s running in sand

staylor26
10-08-2019, 02:49 PM

The best thing about you is you say stupid shit that you’re uneducated about then when presented with the information you’re missing you double down anyways.

That’s a special kind of stupid. Congrats.

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 02:57 PM
The best thing about you is you say stupid shit that you’re uneducated about then when presented with the information you’re missing you double down anyways.

That’s a special kind of stupid. Congrats.

The best thing about you is you think a HC is 100% responsible for draft picks. Congrats.

The Franchise
10-08-2019, 02:59 PM
PAChiefsguy is a known idiot.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 03:01 PM
The best thing about you is you think a HC is 100% responsible for draft picks. Congrats.

No, I never said he’s 100% responsible for all draft picks.

What I’m saying is he was clearly 100% responsible for the Hunt and Kelce picks and as long as he’s here drafting offense will not be a problem.

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Oh and LDT has just been phenomenal at a much cheaper price huh? Wylie and Reiter are fine and if the rest of our OL/offense were healthy, they wouldn’t look nearly as bad. If Wylie and Reiter being starters were our biggest problem on offense, we’d be 5-0 putting up 30+ every game.

None of those signings you listed are intact players. Ogbah has been a good rotational D end, Okafor has been ok, Breeland is kinda inconsistent, and Wilson has been the best of a bad LB core.

Look up our record when LDT plays. He is our best guard and was selected in the 6th round. Wasnt Wylie part of the the old Colts line that got Luck injured? That dude sucks and always has. Reiter got cut by like the Bills and Browns. Definite down grade from Morse. It's a shame we didnt keep Devey he was decent at center and just as bad at guard as Wylie.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 03:30 PM
None of those signings you listed are intact players. Ogbah has been a good rotational D end, Okafor has been ok, Breeland is kinda inconsistent, and Wilson has been the best of a bad LB core.

Look up our record when LDT plays. He is our best guard and was selected in the 6th round. Wasnt Wylie part of the the old Colts line that got Luck injured? That dude sucks and always has. Reiter got cut by like the Bills and Browns. Definite down grade from Morse. It's a shame we didnt keep Devey he was decent at center and just as bad at guard as Wylie.

What does that mean? They’ve all had a positive impact and were good moves but you just want to ignore it completely? Not everybody has to be an All-Pro.

Who gives a fuck what our record is with/without LDT? He’s not impacting wins and losses are you fucking kidding me? But I’m the homer LMAO He was better than all of those guys when he was cheap, but now that he got paid? It’s a wash at this point.

Wylie and Reiter were good enough against the Jags front with all of our guys healthy. Wonder why that is?

crispystl
10-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Decaying is an excellent term.Yeah he hit the nail right on the fucking head with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

crispystl
10-08-2019, 03:59 PM

The answer is no.

Also, answer me this:

Off the top of my head:

2019 Colts
2018 Chargers
2018 Wild Card Game
2017 Steelers
2017 Divisional Game

I’ll hang up and listen.Thanks for the call....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 04:00 PM
No, I never said he’s 100% responsible for all draft picks.

What I’m saying is he was clearly 100% responsible for the Hunt and Kelce picks and as long as he’s here drafting offense will not be a problem.

No one is 100% responsible for a draft pick. The GM, scouts and coaches all influence who is picked but the GM has the final say, not the HC... So no Reid was 100% for Hunt and Kelce draft picks... No one is...

You are entitled to your opinion.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2019, 06:21 PM

He'll never live down siding with the 49er Alex Only fans, even when it was obvious that PMII was the heir apparent.

WhiteWhale
10-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Kc has struggled, a LOT, to develop any defensive talent since Andy got here. Who besides Chris Jones? When the D was good when andy first arrived it was all because we had good players on that side. As they aged, nobody worth a shit replaced them.

I don't know if that's bad scouting or coaches not coaching well enough, but my money is on both.

Do we even know what kind of defensive identity we're building toward? It just seems so haphazard. Seems as a whole they've made two good defensive moves (drafting jones and I really like what I"m seeing from Mathieu) in the past 6 years.

The whole marcus peters fiasco was embarrassing. They draft a guy with crazy bitch syndrome in the first round who becomes an all pro and then two years later they trade him for a 2nd because... he has crazy bitch syndrome.

What is the PLAN here?

WhiteWhale
10-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Oh, well... Okafor, Ogbah, Breeland, and Wilson...

That's 1/3 of our AWESOME defense!

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 07:23 PM
What does that mean? They’ve all had a positive impact and were good moves but you just want to ignore it completely? Not everybody has to be an All-Pro.

Who gives a **** what our record is with/without LDT? He’s not impacting wins and losses are you ****ing kidding me? But I’m the homer LMAO He was better than all of those guys when he was cheap, but now that he got paid? It’s a wash at this point.

Wylie and Reiter were good enough against the Jags front with all of our guys healthy. Wonder why that is?

It means hes a key piece of our offensive line and no they still sucked and got Patty hit a bunch.

rabblerouser
10-08-2019, 07:36 PM
LMAO

Dorsey gets way too much credit for the Browns improvement. That’s coming from somebody who loved Dorsey.

You keep picking in the top 5 every year and you’re going to have the talent to improve eventually. He didn’t even draft the best player on that team. You take Myles Garrett off that roster and they’re picking top 5 again this year. What does that say about this great job he’s done?

They keep playing like they played last night, and they'll be picking top 5 WITH Myles Garrett on the roster...

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Kc has struggled, a LOT, to develop any defensive talent since Andy got here. Who besides Chris Jones? When the D was good when andy first arrived it was all because we had good players on that side. As they aged, nobody worth a shit replaced them.

I don't know if that's bad scouting or coaches not coaching well enough, but my money is on both.

Do we even know what kind of defensive identity we're building toward? It just seems so haphazard. Seems as a whole they've made two good defensive moves (drafting jones and I really like what I"m seeing from Mathieu) in the past 6 years.

The whole marcus peters fiasco was embarrassing. They draft a guy with crazy bitch syndrome in the first round who becomes an all pro and then two years later they trade him for a 2nd because... he has crazy bitch syndrome.

What is the PLAN here?

Agreed the D has gotten worse I think almost every year Reid has been here. it seems like the trend is continuing this season as it continues to get worse or at the very least not improve despite a different GM/DC and talent...

I think the problem is just haven't developed players like the offense has. Reid loves offense but you can't forget about the D. it's just as important as the offense IMO.

staylor26
10-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Oh, well... Okafor, Ogbah, Breeland, and Wilson...

That's 1/3 of our AWESOME defense!

Nobody is saying they’re great players. They’re certainly not the problem though.

The problem is we only have 3 core guys and they’ve been inconsistent at best.

One is a liability against the run and now he’s hurt.

Another went from a guy that’s been consistently one of the best edge rushers in the NFL to what we’ve seen these last 5 weeks whether it be due to injury, playing on a new defense in a new scheme, or a combination of the two.

The third hasn’t quite played like a core guy up until this past week. Unfortunately for him, the two huge plays he made didn’t result in a win.

When you have all that and nobody that fits that bill at CB and LB, you get what you’ve had these first 5 weeks.

That doesn’t change the fact that those other guys have been good moves by Veach that are being ignored. You can’t have great players at every spot.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-08-2019, 08:26 PM
We lack a LB who can really process the game quickly and make big plays. That’s just a huge missing piece there in our defense.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-08-2019, 08:32 PM
We lack a LB who can really process the game quickly and make big plays. That’s just a huge missing piece there in our defense.

Ever since DJ left our run defense has been trash

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 08:54 PM

It's too bad Lee isnt like he was at Tosu. Dude was an absolute stud in the playoffs the year they won it all.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-08-2019, 08:58 PM
It's too bad Lee isnt like he was at Tosu. Dude was an absolute stud in the playoffs the year they won it all.

I do think he’s our best though. Wilson is close but give Lee consistent playing time and I think he’d be pretty darn good.

BigCatDaddy
10-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Didn't this board orgasm over the 2019 draft?

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 09:33 PM

OKchiefs
10-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Didn't this board orgasm over the 2019 draft?

This board is full of idiots. The 2019 draft was only marginally better than 2018. Ballwashers will excuse Veach because we didn't have a 1st round pick, except that shit doesn't fly because Veach is the dumbass who traded a 1st, 2nd, and $100 million for a bum. Brett Veach is trash

staylor26
10-09-2019, 12:38 PM
This board is full of idiots. The 2019 draft was only marginally better than 2018. Ballwashers will excuse Veach because we didn't have a 1st round pick, except that shit doesn't fly because Veach is the dumbass who traded a 1st, 2nd, and $100 million for a bum. Brett Veach is trash

Marginally better? LMAO Why because Hardman and Thornhill aren’t All-Pros 5 games in despite already looking like really good picks? Oh that’s right it’s because Veach didn’t get a corner to shut you the fuck up, that must be it!

You’re easily one of the biggest idiots on this board. Miserable pillowbitergot.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Nobody is saying they’re great players. They’re certainly not the problem though.

The problem is we only have 3 core guys and they’ve been inconsistent at best.

One is a liability against the run and now he’s hurt.

Another went from a guy that’s been consistently one of the best edge rushers in the NFL to what we’ve seen these last 5 weeks whether it be due to injury, playing on a new defense in a new scheme, or a combination of the two.

The third hasn’t quite played like a core guy up until this past week. Unfortunately for him, the two huge plays he made didn’t result in a win.

When you have all that and nobody that fits that bill at CB and LB, you get what you’ve had these first 5 weeks.

That doesn’t change the fact that those other guys have been good moves by Veach that are being ignored. You can’t have great players at every spot.

Most of them were lateral moves at best. Breeland was a big upgrade as was Mathieu.

I don't know how in the **** people are high on Wilson. I guess when you're used to trash LB's a below average back up caliber player is impressive.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Veach has made a lot of bad moves, to this point people have a right to be annoyed with him. He's spent something like 300 million dollars for not much of a return.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Most of them were lateral moves at best. Breeland was a big upgrade as was Mathieu.

I don't know how in the **** people are high on Wilson. I guess when you're used to trash LB's a below average back up caliber player is impressive.

Maybe it’s the fact that he’s playing fairly well, exceeding expectations, and made plays in just about every game so far on a pretty cheap deal.

You sound like a moron that won’t give credit for a move unless the guy is a good to great starter.

Okafor, Ogbah, and Wilson were clearly good moves by Veach. Get a fucking clue and maybe you could see that yourself.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Veach has made a lot of bad moves, to this point people have a right to be annoyed with him. He's spent something like 300 million dollars for not much of a return.

Yea he’s Grigson 2.0 right? We’re just awful everywhere. No good moves to speak of.

Fucking dumbass. You’ve been crying for days.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Maybe it’s the fact that he’s playing pretty well and made plays in just about every game so far on a pretty cheap deal.

You sound like a more that thinks that won’t give credit for a move unless the guy is a good to great starter.

Okafor, Ogbah, and Wilson were clearly good moves by Veach. Get a fucking clue and maybe you could see that yourself.

Those aren't the moves that are pissing people off, even though Damian Wilson is pretty eh.

It's that Anthony Hitchens is paid like a star and plays like a scrub. Frank Clark, Sammy Watkins, it's a lot of money for marginal production.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Yea he’s Grigson 2.0 right? We’re just awful everywhere. No good moves to speak of.

Fucking dumbass. You’ve been crying for days.

Be realistic for a moment, what exactly has Brett Veach done to make the team good?

The best players were already here when he was hired for the job. From his own mouth he said the run d needed to be fixed 2 years ago and I'm still waiting on that....he's spent a lot of money for marginal production from several players.

It's not rainbows and sunshine right now, the jury is very much out on if he can perform this job at a decent level.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Be realistic for a moment, what exactly has Brett Veach done to make the team good?

The best players were already here when he was hired for the job. From his own mouth he said the run d needed to be fixed 2 years ago and I'm still waiting on that....he's spent a lot of money for marginal production from several players.

It's not rainbows and sunshine right now, the jury is very much out on if he can perform this job at a decent level.

You’re right he’s had no part in this team being 17-5 over the last two seasons. He has done absolutely nothing.

Nnadi, Hardman, Thornhill, Breeland, Watkins, Tyrann, Ogbah, Okafor, Ward, etc. haven’t played a role in any of those wins. Everybody he’s added has made us worse.

This team is one of the best in the league, probably the best with everybody healthy. How good do you expect them to be? How much better do you expect Veach to make the team?

I’m not saying he’s perfect, or that he’s proven himself, but this narrative that it’s just been all bad and he’s been Grigson 2.0 that you’re trying to push makes you look really fucking stupid to anybody who doesn’t have sand in their vagina because of one loss.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 12:58 PM
You’re right he’s had no part in this team being 17-5 over the last two seasons. He has done absolutely nothing.

Nnadi, Hardman, Thornhill, Breeland, Watkins, Tyrann, Ogbah, Okafor, Ward, etc. haven’t played a role in any of those wins. Everybody he’s added has made us worse.

Is the defense better or worse from the day he was hired? Simple question.

Sassy Squatch
10-09-2019, 12:59 PM
LMAO "He's not Ryan Grigson you fucking dumbasses BKARGHDHHUUTF"

Wow. So he's not performing his job as badly as the worst GM in modern sports history. Conglaturation!!!

Mecca
10-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Wow. So he's not performing his job as badly as the worst GM in modern sports history. Conglaturation!!!

The only reason I even used that comparison was Grigson basically got hired when they were drafting Luck and got a super lucky hit in TY Hilton and rode that to an AFC championship game.

No one thought he was that bad until way after the fact because Luck kept bailing out his bad decisions by winning games.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Is the defense better or worse from the day he was hired? Simple question.

Do you think it’s fair to make final judgment on a new defense consisting of a completely new staff, scheme, and like 7 new starters 5 games into the season?

Simple question.

And I, like most people, feel that the defense is much better on paper than it was at this time last year. The passing defense already looks better. Can’t acknowledge that though have to only bring up the run d, right?

I’m not saying some of the criticisms/concerns aren’t justified. I’m saying you’re not being the least bit fair because your butthurt about how things played out on Sunday night and it’s led to ridiculous hyperbole.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:05 PM

He called him Grigson 2.0 himself you stupid fuck. I didn’t just pull that name out of my ass.

And he’s nowhere even close to that bad.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 01:06 PM
I really don't think they are better, the teams that have chosen to pass have shredded the pass D...

How long are we supposed to wait to judge them this is week 6, there needs to be some kind of result.

Sassy Squatch
10-09-2019, 01:08 PM
His good moves are marginal improvements at best and his bad moves are trending towards disastrous. That's the problem. Mathieu is the one exception.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:11 PM
I really don't think they are better, the teams that have chosen to pass have shredded the pass D...

How long are we supposed to wait to judge them this is week 6, there needs to be some kind of result.

Lol so even though they’re better on paper and statistically that’s not good enough for you?

The only time this pass D has been shredded outside of garbage time is the Lions game when Stafford was playing as well as a QB can.

This is what happens when somebody has an agenda. You’re going to ignore and dismiss everything that doesn’t fit YOUR narrative.

And Spags himself said it’s going to take time. Nobody should’ve expected this defense to be fixed 5 games in. I know I didn’t and I was prepared for the CP overreaction a few weeks in.

RunKC
10-09-2019, 01:20 PM
His good moves are marginal improvements at best.

Do yourself a favor and go watch the Colts and Patriots playoff games again.

Now take a minute, think real hard about it and look in the mirror. Ask yourself..”was Sammy Watkins a marginal improvement in the biggest games of our season that I just watched?”

If you still think he was a marginal improvement over Chris Conley, then I advise you to chug a nice big glass of antifreeze.

Sassy Squatch
10-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Do yourself a favor and go watch the Colts and Patriots playoff games again.

Now take a minute, think real hard about it and look in the mirror. Ask yourself..”was Sammy Watkins a marginal improvement in the biggest games of our season that I just watched?”

If you still think he was a marginal improvement over Chris Conley, then I advise you to chug a nice big glass of antifreeze.
Watkins can't fucking stay on the field. Everyone knows he can't stay on the field. He's responsible for damn near 20 million out of our cap this season. The fact that we had to wrap him in bubble wrap for half the season just so we could get 2 games in the postseason is embarrassing enough, but now he's hurt AGAIN.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Parker to Thornhill = marginal

Sorenson to Tyrann= marginal

Nelson to Breeland= marginal

Scandrick to Ward = marginal

Ragland to Wilson = marginal

Conley to Watkins = marginal

DAT to Hardman = marginal

RunKC
10-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Watkins can't ****ing stay on the field. Everyone knows he can't stay on the field. He's responsible for damn near 20 million out of our cap this season. The fact that we had to wrap him in bubble wrap for half the season just so we could get 2 games in the postseason is embarrassing enough, but now he's hurt AGAIN.

Which is why the 2 year contract with a 3rd year opt out was smart. Unless Andy goes full Reidtard and demands to keep hm next season, we will have paid Sammy one year of a big hit. Let me repeat that...

one year of a high cap hit

Get it now?

Year 1-$7.8 million cap hit aka CHEAP
Year 2-$19.2 million cap hit
Year 3-Can trade or cut and save $14 million

I know Sammy is hurt consistently. I want to trade him next Spring, BUT the risk for a contract set up that way was low. This isn’t Frank Clark’s 5 year deal. This was a perfect structure for a risky player like Sammy.

And btw, Sammy was worth every penny last year despite being hurt a lot of the season. We get blown out at home by New England without Sammy. That’s how good he was in the 2nd half of that game.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Ogbah has 2.5 sacks a few TFL and quite a lot of pressures but yea he’s been a marginal improvement to our DL depth as well.

RunKC
10-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Even though I’m defending the Sammy Watkins signing, I don’t think Brett has done a good enough job.

Hitchens looks like a disaster out there. Clark has not done near enough to justify his spot.
And Speaks is the worst of them all. What a fucking terrible pick.

Veach has to hit on the draft on defense. So far Nnandi has been solid and Thornhill is looking better, but we need to get some blue chippers in here cheap. That will determine how successful Veach is.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Even though I’m defending the Sammy Watkins signing, I don’t think Brett has done a good enough job.

Hitchens looks like a disaster out there. Clark has not done near enough to justify his spot.
And Speaks is the worst of them all. What a fucking terrible pick.

Veach has to hit on the draft on defense. So far Nnandi has been solid and Thornhill is looking better, but we need to get some blue chippers in here cheap. That will determine how successful Veach is.

This is fair and I agree for the most part.

O.city
10-09-2019, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on blue chippers on defense coming from where the Chiefs will be drafting.

Probably have to develop some dudes into it.

InChiefsHeaven
10-09-2019, 02:05 PM
If we had won the game on Sunday, this thread does not get started. Just sayin'...

Titty Meat
10-09-2019, 02:15 PM
If we had won the game on Sunday, this thread does not get started. Just sayin'...

We won 12 games last year and 10 the year before and I've questioned Veach thise years.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 02:17 PM
We won 12 games last year and 10 the year before and I've questioned Veach thise years.

You questioned Veach when he wasn’t even the GM? LMAO

I guess he should’ve done more getting the job AFTER the offseason was over.

PAChiefsGuy
10-09-2019, 02:32 PM

We didn't win though. Not sure what the point you are trying to make here is...

And what happened in the loss? Frank Clark got outplayed by J Houston and Watkins was hurt like he almost always it. Those are two of Veach's biggest moves right there. The Frank Clark trade in particular looks really bad / Seattle is laughing at us right now with how bad they ripped us off with the Frank Clark trade. Hopefully Frank Clark turns it around but so far he has been an average player at best.

On the bright side of things Honey Badger had his best game as a Chief so far. Hopefully that continues.

Jury is still out on Veach but so far I haven't been impressed.

Titty Meat
10-09-2019, 02:45 PM
You questioned Veach when he wasn’t even the GM? LMAO

I guess he should’ve done more getting the job AFTER the offseason was over.

He shouldnt have traded for Reggie Ragland. Your meltdown over a shitty GM is hilarious. Reminds me of when youd go out of your way to defend Stephen Nelson. Good times.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 03:00 PM
He shouldnt have traded for Reggie Ragland. Your meltdown over a shitty GM is hilarious. Reminds me of when youd go out of your way to defend Stephen Nelson. Good times.

Ragland actually played fairly well that year and cost little to nothing. There’s a reason so many were disappointed in him last year after showing promise in 2017. It was a decent move at the time considering we had absolutely nothing next to DJ.

Seriously, have you ever been right about anything in your life? JFC.

el borracho
10-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Chiefs don’t seem to be getting enough from the draft.
2016: Jones, Hill, and Robinson
2017: Mahomes
2018: Nadi
2019: Hardman, and Thornhill

Last 4 drafts have netted a total of 4 starters and 3 backups. I guess you can add Clark to the list, but we’re not done paying for him yet. Need to do a better job with our resources. Quit trading away picks, try to acquire extra picks, and generally make better selections with the picks we have.
We have assembled a reputable coaching staff- let’s give them more to work with.

Titty Meat
10-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Ragland actually played fairly well that year and cost little to nothing. There’s a reason so many were disappointed in him last year after showing promise in 2017. It was a decent move at the time considering we had absolutely nothing next to DJ.

Seriously, have you ever been right about anything in your life? JFC.

Grown folks are talkin if you wanna cheerlead so bad tryouts are next spring. Veach sucks.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Grown folks are talkin if you wanna cheerlead so bad tryouts are next spring. Veach sucks.

Yea he sucks so bad he’s one of the biggest reasons we have an MVP QB and will be SB contenders year in and year out. Just awful.

I find it hilarious how many idiots on CP think they know so much better than the guy that saw Mahomes as the next great QB before anybody else. I’m not even saying he’s been good, but to say he flat out sucks is laughable.

MightyMouse
10-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Yea he sucks so bad he’s one of the biggest reasons we have an MVP QB and will be SB contenders year in and year out. Just awful.

I find it hilarious how many idiots on CP think they know so much better than the guy that saw Mahomes as the next great QB before anybody else. I’m not even saying he’s been good, but to say he flat out sucks is laughable.

Now people believe he was responsible for getting Mahomes?

Veach is traaaaaaaaash. Has been trash and I’ve said before the loss. Has bad tunnel vision. Doesn’t know how to build a team around a star qb, can’t draft worth a crap.
I’ll keep posting it, having Mahomes is a blessing and will keep the Chiefs competitive but we will not get the most out of his years here because the organization failed huge with Veach. I’ve been through enough has a chief fan to not still enjoy these years with a elite QB but there is a frustration that comes with a terrible GM that isn’t going away soon

staylor26
10-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Veach is traaaaaaaaash. Has been trash and I’ve said before the loss. Has bad tunnel vision. Doesn’t know how to build a team around a star qb, can’t draft worth a crap.
I’ll keep posting it, having Mahomes is a blessing and will keep the Chiefs competitive but we will not get the most out of his years here because the organization failed huge with Veach. I’ve been through enough has a chief fan to not still enjoy these years with a elite QB but there is a frustration that comes with a terrible GM that isn’t going away soon

This isn’t a matter of belief. It’s a matter of fact. This is according to both parties (Chiefs and Mahomes’ team/those at TT). It started well before his Junior/last year. You can ignore the facts if you want, but it doesn’t change them.

The Chiefs just had a damn good draft and both of our 2nd round picks have been day 1 contributors. He’s had one bad draft and one good, both picking late with no 1st. Saying he sucks is just as stupid as saying he’s great. The jury is clearly still out.

No matter how many times you say it you aren’t good at this. You’re a moron.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2019, 04:21 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he hyped mahomes up to the Chiefs brass. But yeah, I'm tired of that narrative too. The same damn narrative that turned Mike mccoy and Adam gase into geniuses because they thrived under Peyton manning. The narrative that he had a ton of power over Reid and Dorsey and Ballard... Not buying that. He's gotta do a hell of a lot more to cement his legacy. They always say the top picks go to the GM and the later picks go to the scouts and Id have to think that was the case here.

Easy 6
10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Lose one close game and let’s shitcan Veach, gimme a fucking break

I understand and agree with many of the complaints, but this kind of kneejerk response is simply pathetic... tell you what, everyone ready to can him should pool their money and fly a banner from some rinkydink little drone

Because that’s all the 10-20 of you will be able to afford

MightyMouse
10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Which is why the 2 year contract with a 3rd year opt out was smart. Unless Andy goes full Reidtard and demands to keep hm next season, we will have paid Sammy one year of a big hit. Let me repeat that...

Get it now?

Year 1-$7.8 million cap hit aka CHEAP
Year 2-$19.2 million cap hit
Year 3-Can trade or cut and save $14 million

I know Sammy is hurt consistently. I want to trade him next Spring, BUT the risk for a contract set up that way was low. This isn’t Frank Clark’s 5 year deal. This was a perfect structure for a risky player like Sammy.

And btw, Sammy was worth every penny last year despite being hurt a lot of the season. We get blown out at home by New England without Sammy. That’s how good he was in the 2nd half of that game.

This take is so bad.
You have know it’s bad when your point is
-you can trade him next year, not happening man, NO ONE is taking salary hit when they can just sign him cheaper when he is cut
-very political to say he saves 14mil and not the truth, that it cost you dead cap.
He has literally been the exact player fans should have expected and that’s not worth the cap hit this year and dead cap next.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he hyped mahomes up to the Chiefs brass. But yeah, I'm tired of that narrative too. The same damn narrative that turned Mike mccoy and Adam gase into geniuses because they thrived under Peyton manning. The narrative that he had a ton of power over Reid and Dorsey and Ballard... Not buying that. He's gotta do a hell of a lot more to cement his legacy. They always say the top picks go to the GM and the later picks go to the scouts and Id have to think that was the case here.

:facepalm:

What the fuck are you talking about? Literally nobody has ever said that and you clearly don’t even get the point if that’s what you think is being said.

The Chiefs and Mahomes’ team are just conspiring to give Veach the credit huh? It was all a lie for what exactly? Because if you’re going against the “narrative” that Veach was the first guy pounding the table for Pat is false that’s exactly what you’re saying since that “narrative” comes from both sides.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 04:33 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/chiefs-finally-found-franchise-quarterback-patrick-mahomes-165452074.html

It’s all right there for any of you morons that don’t believe it.