PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Going to stay optimistic

TLO
10-06-2019, 09:54 PM
This was the worst game the Chiefs have played in the Patrick Mahomes era. No question.

The offense gets the bulk of the blame tonight. 13 points is not acceptable. That fumble by McCoy was a killer. The offensive line was in shambles. Someone call Jeff Allen, and if you can play LT - please give the Chiefs a call. Pringle and Robinson are fine, but when they're your starters, you're in trouble. (Please let Mahomes be healthy)

We have nothing resembling a running game.

The defense wasn't good either. Numerous penalties. Blown coverage. Giving up a shit ton of yards per carry. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down either. Injury concerns with Williams, Hitchens, Chris Jones, maybe others.

So many penalties. Jesus Christ...

Despite all of this, we're 4-1. Tyreek is getting healthier and should be back soon. (Hopefully Fisher too.) Cam Erving is ****ing terrible.

We were due for a stinker. And we sure got it. We were hit by the perfect shit storm tonight. That's not going to happen very often.

The sun will rise tomorrow morning as you're fighting off your Monday morning hangover and you'll eventually realize everything is going to be ok. We still have a hell of a team.

I expect an angry Kansas City Chiefs team next week. Destroy the Texans.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2019, 09:56 PM
I am trying to optimistic as well...but this defense really has me down.

I feel like they have gotten worse the last two weeks and not better.

Need to turn it around, and pretty quick...tough two weeks ahead with Houston coming in and then the short week and having to go to Denver.

carcosa
Thank you! We will be fine. Welcome back Jeff Allen!!!!!!!

Tyreek will definitely play next week, even if he has to forge a doctor's signature to get cleared.

In58men
This team is glass. We have the worst medical staff in the NFL

bdj23
10-06-2019, 09:57 PM
The chiefs are the only franchise that could find a way to **** up Patrick Mahomes. Superbowl caliber teams don't lose to Jacoby Brissett at home

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Humblepie needs more ketchup

Wallcrawler
10-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Andy getting his nuts cut in primetime should do a lot of good.

This is the guy that got Alex Smith's spleen lacerated in a Steelers game. He's not much for calling plays to protect his qb.

Perhaps a massive kick to his raisin sac at home against a team we should have destroyed will fuel some focus.

carcosa
10-06-2019, 09:59 PM
I am trying to optimistic as well...but this defense really has me down.

I feel like they have gotten worse the last two weeks and not better.

Need to turn it around, and pretty quick...tough two weeks ahead with Houston coming in and then the short week and having to go to Denver.

Honestly yes they looked awful but they made enough plays

If the offensive line keeps Patrick from getting his feet lopped off, we probably win this game

TLO
10-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Honestly yes they looked awful but they made enough plays

If the offensive line keeps Patrick from getting his feet lopped off, we probably win this game

Exactly. The defense wasn't "good", but they made some plays.

A healthy Mahomes wins the game.

Bewbies
10-06-2019, 10:01 PM
The chiefs are the only franchise that could find a way to **** up Patrick Mahomes. Superbowl caliber teams don't lose to Jacoby Brissett at home

Not seen many Packers games the last few years?

DaFace
10-06-2019, 10:02 PM
I've said 12-4 from the beginning, and that still seems about right. Tyreek coming back will be massive.

Injuries are beginning to be a problem, though. We've gotta get some guys healthy.

KC Hawks
That streak of 25+ points was insane, and I agree with you that we were due. Every team has a clunker eventually.

Now if they shit the bed next week, then I'll start being concerned.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/IEY5SRKEJu">pic.twitter.com/IEY5SRKEJu</a></p>&mdash; Brett Fletchall (@fletchall0) <a href="https://twitter.com/fletchall0/status/1181056910595907584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jerm
I'm trying to but this is the kind of loss, combined with the injuries, that can completely turn a season in the wrong direction...

Gravedigger
10-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Good luck with that.

bdj23
10-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Not seen many Packers games the last few years?

I've seen the Packers win two Superbowls.

Dartgod
10-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Me too, but we have to do something about that OL.

TLO
I'm trying to but this is the kind of loss, combined with the injuries, that can completely turn a season in the wrong direction...

For an Alex Smith led team? You betcha.

For a Patrick Mahomes led team?

No chance.

ping2000
Too many years unable to stop the run and they never fucking fix it. Hard to be optimistic.

PAChiefsGuy
Until run D gets fixed I wouldn't be optimistic at all. If it doesn't get fixed, we'll make the playoffs for sure but then lose to a team that runs it down our throats just like the Colts did tonight.

TLO
10-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Until run D gets fixed I wouldn't be optimistic at all. If it doesn't get fixed, we'll make the playoffs for sure but then lose to a team that runs it down our throats just like the Colts did tonight.

Hopefully when we line up against that team we have a healthy offense. Guess what.... We'll win.

TLO
10-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Good luck with that.

Thanks!

Dartgod
10-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Too many years unable to stop the run and they never ****ing fix it. Hard to be optimistic.

The Lions and the Colts have certainly showed the league how to stop the Chiefs the last two games.

mr. tegu
10-06-2019, 10:08 PM
The run defense was not the problem today. Don’t let the stats fool you. The problem was each time the offense got the ball in the second half they were straight garbage. The entire unit. We do anything on even just one of them we probably win the game.

PAChiefsGuy
10-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Hopefully when we line up against that team we have a healthy offense. Guess what.... We'll win.

Stop with injury excuse. Injuries are a part of the game and the Colts had a ton of injuries to their defense. Chiefs lost cause of bad run D and a bad blocking by the oline.

The run defense was not the problem today. Don’t let the stats fool you. The problem was each time the offense got the ball in the second half they were straight garbage. The entire unit. We do anything on even just one of them we probably win the game.

Agreed. The offense was just as bad if not worse than the D.

TLO
10-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Stop with injury excuse. Injuries are a part of the game and the Colts had a ton of injuries to their defense. Chiefs lost cause of bad run D and a bad blocking by the oline.

Agreed. The offense was just as bad if not worse than the D.

It's not an excuse when half your starters are out injured.

Gravedigger
What do you think the Texans, who hung 53 points up today will do against this defense? Offense better get Tyreek and their shit together.

mr. tegu
This thread will really be tested after losing next week though. We can’t beat the Texans with the team we fielded tonight. But I do expect next week more blame will go to the defense whereas tonight the offense gets the bulk of it.

Imon Yourside
Indy 45 Carries for 180 yards and a 4.0 yard average, we Improved!

Otter
10-06-2019, 10:11 PM
"handover"?

Losing Jones to a groin injury (which tend to linger) is a HUGE blow to an already shitty _efense. The offense is going to have to score 30+ points a game to keep up with every team in the NFL knowing they can simply run it down our throats. Play action fakes are going to be a staple when teams play the Chiefs. The offense will bounce back once Fisher and Hill are back but that defense seems to be just plain bad.

I don't let games upset me too much anymore but there is reason to worry if the D has plateaued and you were expecting a championship run. That dog don't hunt come playoff time.

ping2000
10-06-2019, 10:15 PM
The run defense was not the problem today. Don’t let the stats fool you. The problem was each time the offense got the ball in the second half they were straight garbage. The entire unit. We do anything on even just one of them we probably win the game.Both units sucked. But it is fucking demoralizing to not be able to stop the run. It sucks the life out of the team. Fuck these pussies. How many years have we had this problem and they never fix it? None of our linebackers would start for any other team. They are fucking trash.

FringeNC
10-06-2019, 10:18 PM
The team definitely misses Tyreek Hill and Eric Fisher. We should have never entered the season with Cam Erving as backup LT.