PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Have teams figured us out?

bobbything
10-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Not a lot of consistency with the offense all year. Super streaky.

Jerm
10-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Andy's schizo play calling, a dogshit O Line, and the inability to beat man to man is a bad recipe....

TLO
10-06-2019, 10:21 PM
No

KC Hawks
10-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Turns out missing a bunch of starters affects your offense.

kcclone
We are soft and injuries have piled up. That’s a really bad combo.

carcosa
Nah, the OL is just trash and Andy still glitches on playcalling at the worst possible times

Pitt Gorilla
Teams have figured out our Oline is dogshit and we’re missing our top two receivers.

New World Order
10-06-2019, 10:23 PM
No.

The only thing I'm worried about is our offensive line.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:25 PM
It's the same as last year against the Pats :

Run the ball + keep Mahomes off the field = Chiefs lose.

All other bullshit aside, we only ran 51 plays to their 71. They pushed both line's shit in. We had the ball less than 10 minutes in the 2nd half.

O.city
When you lose your starting lt, best WRs and your qb is dinged you’re pretty easy to figure out

I mean I know the loss sucks but come on guys

This is an offensive team. They’re built around the offense. Injuries happen to everyone sure but when you have this many pile up you kinda get what you get

Just fight thru it and win and move on

rabblerouser
No.

The only thing I'm worried about is our offensive line.

RUN DEFENSE.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Kill Patrick

ModSocks
10-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Tyreek Hill is probably just THAT important.

philfree
10-06-2019, 10:27 PM
They figured out that our LT, #1, #2 WRs were out. Our QB has been dinged and got dinged again...Without Mahomes having any chance at all and a shitty D we should be easily figured out.

jonzie04
10-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Figured us out? No.Detroit got pressure on us with only 3 guys, and Indys D line just kicked the living shit out of our offensive line. Thats the biggest problem, aside from reids play calling, penalties, and Fisher, Hill, and Watkins being out.

Also how many opportunities are we getting? We are getting dominated in TOP. A 3 and out or two (due to penalties and poor play calling), and the defenses inability to stop the run, leads to Our offense not getting as many chances.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Andy Reid’s play calling was absolute shit tonight, but we need Tyreek back something awful right now.

He takes the top off the defense and keeps Pat safer from the extra pressure being brought.

jerryaldini
RUN DEFENSE.

4 ypc tonight. Average. Problem was so many runs cause offense couldn't score or stay on field. Only gave up 5.2 per pass attempt as well, 330 total, not bad,

Titty Meat
When you lose your starting lt, best WRs and your qb is dinged you’re pretty easy to figure out

I mean I know the loss sucks but come on guys

This is an offensive team. They’re built around the offense. Injuries happen to everyone sure but when you have this many pile up you kinda get what you get

Just fight thru it and win and move on

Hopefully after tonight you see how idiotic trading multiple premium picks for Ramsey is

Imon Yourside
10-06-2019, 10:30 PM
4 ypc tonight. Average. Problem was so many runs cause offense couldn't score or stay on field. Only gave up 5.2 per pass attempt as well, 330 total, not bad,

Right I don't think 4.0 ypc is that bad, our offense was completely stagnant due to injuries and the friggin penalties.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Hopefully after tonight you see how idiotic trading multiple premium picks for Ramsey is

I mean, ok?

Premium picks in the late 20s aka basically 2nd rounders?

They wouldn’t accept it anyway

tk13
10-06-2019, 10:32 PM
They ran the ball 45 times for 180 yards and had the ball for 37 minutes and kept Mahomes off the field. None of that is good. That's literally the script from the last 3 playoff losses.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:33 PM
I mean, ok?

Premium picks in the late 20s aka basically 2nd rounders?

They wouldn’t accept it anyway

But you constantly suggest we do it. You want to do it with a 30 year old corner. Tonight proved your theory simply doesnt work.

O.city
They ran the ball 45 times for 180 yards and had the ball for 37 minutes and kept Mahomes off the field. None of that is good. That's literally the script from the last 3 playoff losses.

That and the offense sucking

DRM08

50+ yard penalty on pass interference though. Hidden yards for one of the Colts drives.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:34 PM
But you constantly suggest we do it. You want to do it with a 30 year old corner. Tonight proved your theory simply doesnt work.

Tonight proved teams can’t overcome that many injuries

KC Hawks
10-06-2019, 10:36 PM
I will say it seems like we've been dog shit in the red zone this year.

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:37 PM

And that you eventually have to draft some good defenders and OL.

Titty Meat

Our interior line consists of reserves how much longer til Mahomes ankle pops? You cant build a roster that way and we didnt lose because our corners we lost because the Colts ran the ball up our ass. Teams have figured us out and your theory is pissing into the wind.

Chief Northman
I will say it seems like we've been dog shit in the red zone this year.

Because the Chiefs can’t/won’t run the ball.

Frazod
10-06-2019, 10:38 PM
I think more than anything injuries got us, but we also ran into a good team that was highly motivated to get some payback.

I just hope most of those guys who got knocked out will be able to play next week.

Rain Man
10-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Something's wrong. Patrick has looked annoyed and unhappy for three or four weeks now, and Kelce has looked like he's mad about something. He got into a shoving match with Bienemy tonight.

Something's going on that we don't know about.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Our interior line consists of reserves how much longer til Mahomes ankle pops? You cant build a roster that way and we didnt lose because our corners we lost because the Colts ran the ball up our ass. Teams have figured us out and your theory is pissing into the wind.

The chiefs are built around their offense. They’re supposed to carry the load and score points. If they’re doing that, the colts aren’t able to play the way they did.

The colts are the 2015 chiefs. I know how that ends.

The chiefs have developed OL ever since andy got here. They’re down their starting LT, no team in the nfl other than New England whose a defensive team can really withstand that for very long.

Some of you guys are losing your minds.

Redbled
10-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Something's wrong. Patrick has looked annoyed and unhappy for three or four weeks now, and Kelce has looked like he's mad about something. He got into a shoving match with Bienemy tonight.

I sure hope it’s nothing more than frustration from a couple weeks of struggles on O.

Bwana
10-06-2019, 10:44 PM
I think more than anything injuries got us, but we also ran into a good team that was highly motivated to get some payback.

I just hope most of those guys who got knocked out will be able to play next week.

All of this.

carcosa
10-06-2019, 10:45 PM

Hopefully it's just some healthy, productive frustration...

KC Hawks
10-06-2019, 10:46 PM

Just completely guessing, it might be the huge expectations on their shoulders. No Chiefs team has had this much pressure to win.

RunKC
10-06-2019, 10:47 PM
The chiefs are built around their offense. They’re supposed to carry the load and score points. If they’re doing that, the colts aren’t able to play the way they did.

The chiefs have developed OL ever since andy got here. They’re down their starting LT, no team in the nfl other than New England whose a defensive team can really withstand that for very long.

You can’t keep overpaying FA’s to fix your team. At some point giving big money and trading draft picks will send you into ruin. Look at the Seahawks for full proof.

The Chiefs found Mahomes, Jones, Tyreek, Kelce, LDT, Robinson, Houston, Peters, etc through the draft.

That’s how we became a top team. Not wasting huge money on FA’s and trading high draft picks.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:49 PM
You can’t keep overpaying FA’s to fix your team. At some point giving big money and trading draft picks will send you into ruin. Look at the Seahawks for full proof.

The Chiefs found Mahomes, Jones, Tyreek, Kelce, LDT, Robinson, Houston, Peters, etc.

That’s how we became a top team. Not wasting huge money on FA’s and trading high draft picks.

Sure. Don’t trade high draft picks.

Chiefs aren’t gonna have many of those for a while.

I’m all about building thru the draft but you aren’t getting blue chippers at 29. The colts great ol is built around one of those they picked at 6.

The Franchise

I’m sure they’re ecstatic about how the defense is playing. Or how Erving is still fucking out there looking like shit. Or how Reid refuses to run the fucking ball.

Titty Meat

You keep saying this and yet Veach spent all of our picks last year on defense, then traded a 1 this year for a d end and drafted mostly defense again...

Yes Erving sucks but it's the interior o line that's getting Mahomes hit every single play.

Nobody could possibly watch tonight's game and be like man if only we had a shut down corner!

The Franchise
10-06-2019, 10:51 PM
You keep saying this and yet Veach spent all of our picks last year on defense, then traded a 1 this year for a d end and drafted mostly defense again...

Yes Erving sucks but it's the interior o line that's getting Mahomes hit every single play.

Nobody could possibly watch tonight's game and be like man if only we had a shut down corner!

You aren’t getting Quentin Nelson in the late 20s.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:51 PM

Accurate.

Indy quit passing, because they could run the ball at will, and they chose to pound us in the ass, buttsects-style. It gave us AIDS.

PAChiefsGuy
10-06-2019, 10:52 PM

I don't think so. Football is an emotional game. These incidents can happen.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:52 PM

I’m all about building thru the draft but you aren’t getting blue chippers at 29. The colts great ol is built around one of those they picked at 6.

Chris Jones isnt a blue chipper? Darius Leonard isnt a blue chipper? Shit man better trade those picks for a 30 year old corner

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:53 PM

And the defense is still struggling but I’m supposed to be all about more draft picks?

We’re writing dudes off 5 games into a career.

The chiefs defense tonight wasn’t good. But for the way they are built, that was good enough. You aren’t gonna score 13 and win.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:53 PM

The Chiefs found Mahomes, Jones, Tyreek, Kelce, LDT, Robinson, Houston, Peters, etc through the draft.

Actually, they had to trade up to get Mahomes. He took 2 1st rounders to make that happen.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Chris Jones isnt a blue chipper? Darius Leonard isnt a blue chipper? Shit man better trade those picks for a 30 year old corner

Darius Leonard? No, he’s not.

Jones? He’s developed into one, sure. Are the odds on that happening from the 2nd round?

RunKC
10-06-2019, 10:54 PM

This is simply not true. Braden Smith looked good tonight huh? He was a 2nd rd pick. So was Cody Whitehair. Dalton Risner looks good for Denver. There are always good early 2nd rd OL. You think we couldn’t use one after what we’ve seen? Did I mention they are dirt cheap?

Darius Leonard, Chris Jones, Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack.

You guys act like the only good players worth a shit are in the top 10 of the draft.

Giant Octopodes
10-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Mahomes had one of the best seasons ever last year. Even with the last 2 weeks he's on pace to throw for over 5k yards and 35 TDs. I think it's a bit early to go into panic mode. The Chiefs should handle the Texans and Broncos easily, and then we'll see how the game goes vs the Packers, but regardless of whether the Chiefs get the #1 seed, they're easily getting into the Playoffs, and likely getting a bye. From there they just need to string together a few wins in a row, and the level of play in September and October will be a distant memory.

Now do I think they're winning the Super Bowl? No, primarily because of Andy Reid's clock management skills in big games, and because the Patriots D is the best I've ever seen it, but still. They have a shot, they're still #2 in the AFC, the season is early, folks should keep perspective. If they lose more than 1 of their next 3, maybe start to panic then :-)

kcclone
10-06-2019, 10:55 PM
If this season ends badly, then it’s time to fire Veach. You have to find someone that can identify and build a team around Mahomes. We need to start drafting and hitting on OL and Defense, or we’re going to waste the Mahomes era.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:56 PM
And the defense is still struggling but I’m supposed to be all about more draft picks?

We’re writing dudes off 5 games into a career.

The chiefs defense tonight wasn’t good. But for the way they are built, that was good enough. You aren’t gonna score 13 and win.

If you can't stop the run, then your QB will not get on the field enough to make a difference.

I told you that last week, you didn't believe me.

Tonight, the Colts QUIT PASSING in the 2nd half. THAT'S how bad our run D is - EVERYONE knew they were going to keep running the ball, and there wasn't a fucking thing our defense could do about it.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:56 PM
This is simply not true. Braden Smith looked good tonight huh? He was a 2nd rd pick. So was Cody Whitehair. Dalton Risner looks good for Denver. There are always good early 2nd rd OL. You think we couldn’t use one after what we’ve seen? Did I mention they are dirt cheap?

Darius Leonard, Chris Jones, Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack.

You guys act like the only good players worth a shit are in the top 10 of the draft.

Again, sure.

Last I checked the chiefs made 2 picks in the 2nd round this last year and one the year before.

I’m not gonna use outliers to justify not acquiring good players though

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 10:57 PM
You aren’t getting Quentin Nelson in the late 20s.

But you are getting Jones, Leonard, Rock Ya sin, Muprhy, etc. Which saves you money where you can sign quality players on the line or even draft and develop them in the middle rounds.

Or you can draft and pay established guys who dont do shit, keep draft safeties and allow guys who got cut from the worst teams with really bad offensive lines to protect your MVP

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 10:57 PM
If this season ends badly, then it’s time to fire Veach. You have to find someone that can identify and build a team around Mahomes. We need to start drafting and hitting on OL and Defense, or we’re going to waste the Mahomes era.

Veach is a figurehead. This is Andy Reid's team, everyone answers to him, including Veach.

O.city
10-06-2019, 10:58 PM
If you can't stop the run, then your QB will not get on the field enough to make a difference.

Tonight, the Colts QUIT PASSING in the 2nd half. THAT'S how bad our run D is - EVERYONE knew they were going to keep running the ball, and there wasn't a ****ing thing our defense could do about it.

Again, I said the same thing and was told time of possession and such didn’t matter that it was about possessions.

The chiefs aren’t built to play on grind it out possession games. If they do what they’re supposed to offensively, teams can’t play that way.

Titty Meat
Darius Leonard? No, he’s not.

Jones? He’s developed into one, sure. Are the odds on that happening from the 2nd round?

Leonard would easily be out best linebacker and is pretty damn good. Keep spamming the board with fantasy trade requests while the team gives up 6 yards a carry.

mr. tegu
Mahomes had one of the best seasons ever last year. Even with the last 2 weeks he's on pace to throw for over 5k yards and 35 TDs. I think it's a bit early to go into panic mode. The Chiefs should handle the Texans and Broncos easily, and then we'll see how the game goes vs the Packers, but regardless of whether the Chiefs get the #1 seed, they're easily getting into the Playoffs, and likely getting a bye. From there they just need to string together a few wins in a row, and the level of play in September and October will be a distant memory.

Now do I think they're winning the Super Bowl? No, primarily because of Andy Reid's clock management skills in big games, and because the Patriots D is the best I've ever seen it, but still. They have a shot, they're still #2 in the AFC, the season is early, folks should keep perspective. If they lose more than 1 of their next 3, maybe start to panic then :-)

The team we started today probably isn’t beating the Texans. If we play like we did today or against the Lions we likely lose. That’s not a team we can rely on to beat with the offense we showed tonight.

ChiTown
10-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Well, let’s be honest, shall we? When it’s obvious you have abandoned the run, and your OL is exposed for being pretty pedestrian, especially on the left side, I’d say yeah, we’re not that hard to figure out. Add to that, an injured QB, who is your entire reason that the team kicks ass, and you have a very predictable and beatable team.

Frazod
10-06-2019, 10:59 PM
We could sure use a bye.

Or New England's schedule, which is like a bunch of byes.

O.city
10-06-2019, 11:00 PM
But you are getting Jones, Leonard, Rock Ya sin, Muprhy, etc. Which saves you money where you can sign quality players on the line or even draft and develop them in the middle rounds.

Or you can draft and pay established guys who dont do shit, keep draft safeties and allow guys who got cut from the worst teams with really bad offensive lines to protect your MVP

Rock ya sin? Murphy? From this last draft?

Chiefs did draft and develop interior ol, they signed big contracts elsewhere.

Rpgczar7
10-06-2019, 11:00 PM
It's the same as last year against the Pats :

Run the ball + keep Mahomes off the field = Chiefs lose.

All other bullshit aside, we only ran 51 plays to their 71. They pushed both line's shit in. We had the ball less than 10 minutes in the 2nd half.

Well that and Mahomes wasn't 100 percent. Also injuries to your wrs.

O.city
10-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Leonard would easily be out best linebacker and is pretty damn good. Keep spamming the board with fantasy trade requests while the team gives up 6 yards a carry.

Sure, he’s a solid player

You said he was a blue chipper. He’s not

kcclone
10-06-2019, 11:01 PM
We could sure use a bye.

Or New England's schedule, which is like a bunch of byes.

New England would beat that Colts team by 14+

tk13
10-06-2019, 11:03 PM

Leonard was a first team All-Pro as a rookie last year.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Hes got 8 sacks in less than 2 years. Hes one of the best linebackers in the game.

tk13
10-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Probably by more than that. They would not get physically whipped like we did tonight.

O.city
10-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Hes got 8 sacks in less than 2 years. Hes one of the best linebackers in the game.

He’s a middle linebacker. I guess he’s a good blitzed so he gets sacks?

I don’t really view that as a big stat for a lber that’s not a pass rusher

Tribal Warfare
10-06-2019, 11:08 PM
IMO, Shady and Damien "Alex Smith'd" themselves out of the job. Average when it counts most.

Titty Meat
10-06-2019, 11:09 PM
He’s a middle linebacker. I guess he’s a good blitzed so he gets sacks?

I don’t really view that as a big stat for a lber that’s not a pass rusher

Yeah 163 tackles too. Nope not elite. Treat first round picks like 5th round picks trade em for 30 year old corners who are suspended for half the year. That's always been the winning formula

BlackOp
10-06-2019, 11:13 PM

Not without Edleman and Gordon...

The problem is KC never got a 2 score lead...so Detroit/Indy could play keep away.

Missing Watkins and Hill at the same time is a brutal hit...they could just focus on taking away Kelce.

Not worried about this team unless people keep getting hurt on the offensive side...

stevieray
10-06-2019, 11:31 PM

Tonight, the Colts QUIT PASSING in the 2nd half. THAT'S how bad our run D is - EVERYONE knew they were going to keep running the ball, and there wasn't a ****ing thing our defense could do about it.

while all that is true, they still bent but didn't break and mainly held them to FG's

Chiefs offense had 7 straight possessions that ended up with squat, partially because they shot themselves in the foot.

Andy had that all too familiar deer in the headlight look again after getting behind. this game looked like other games with Smith,..bad playcalling and stalled drives.

It was a bad game and our first loss with a depleted team.

i'm not going to panic just yet.

suzzer99
10-06-2019, 11:32 PM
What you're seeing is Mahomes w/o weapons. Robinson/Hardman/Pringle is a very below average NFL receiving corps. Shady and Williams are average.

All he had was Kelce and when they took that away things got tough.

Also O-line giving him no time. Brutal.

rabblerouser
10-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Again, I said the same thing and was told time of possession and such didn’t matter that it was about possessions.

The chiefs aren’t built to play on grind it out possession games. If they do what they’re supposed to offensively, teams can’t play that way.

They had FOUR possessions in the 2nd half, Genius.

FOUR.

Scored a FG.

AND LOST.

Because the Colts held the ball for 7 minutes at a time, by running the ball on our dogshit defense.

Same way the Pats beat us twice last year.

Whoever told you that "TOP doesn't matter" is a FUCKING IDIOT, because TOP = POSSESSIONS.

Jesus HF Christ.

bricks
10-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Figured us out? No.Detroit got pressure on us with only 3 guys, and Indys D line just kicked the living shit out of our offensive line. Thats the biggest problem, aside from reids play calling, penalties, and Fisher, Hill, and Watkins being out.

Also how many opportunities are we getting? We are getting dominated in TOP. A 3 and out or two (due to penalties and poor play calling), and the defenses inability to stop the run, leads to Our offense not getting as many chances.

Im concerned about our Oline. The interior just sucks especially against real physical, nasty athletic Dlines. When the interior of the pocket collapses, and Mahomes can’t step up or has to roll out, I get concerned.

Not that I don’t have confidence that he can’t make a play aside from this, its just when it becomes a habit it tends to throw the offense out of rhythm.

RINGLEADER
10-07-2019, 12:01 AM
You win when 3 of our offensive starters are out and:

- You run every play on offense

- You blitz every down on defense

Teams know Andy won’t run so the advantage you might have against the blitz never materializes. Accept a few long runs as the trade off.

That’s it. Have the discipline to blitz and stick with the run. Until our Fisher, Tyreek, and Sammie are back that’s it.

kcclone
10-07-2019, 12:15 AM
What you're seeing is Mahomes w/o weapons. Robinson/Hardman/Pringle is a very below average NFL receiving corps. Shady and Williams are average.

All he had was Kelce and when they took that away things got tough.

Also O-line giving him no time. Brutal.

We’re seeing a glimpse of the future and what Mahomes will be facing when he’s paid $40m/yr if they keep drafting like sh*t.

We will not be able to afford to surround Mahomes with weapons and fix our OL & D once we aren’t getting Pat’s rookie deal.

Only158
10-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Why do people keep mentioning Fisher when alluding to players we are missing? Hes been a no show his whole freakin career. If we are looking forward to an improvement IF and that's a huge IF, he returns Im here to tell you youre blind. Simply stated it doesn't matter if that steaming pile of crap is in there or we are stuck with Erving the rest of the year, they don't make the practice squad on on any other NFL or even CFL team.

Hill and Watkins I agree were missed. But until someone calls a players only meeting and challenges some manhoods, this will continue to happen. This team, this coach, Im sorry, they are soft.

The blueprint, if there is one wasn't written by the Lions or Colts. It was shoved in collective faces of this team by Harbaugh and the Ravens. Continuing to go for it on 4th down and two point conversions wasn't a "scheme" or a calculated risk. It was a statement. It goes something like this...."We are here to punish you, inflict pain on you and generally whip your ass. What are you prepared to do about it?" Luckily we had a healthy 15 then and he answered. The defense sure as hell didn't. Andy sure as hell didn't. And for sure the O line didn't.

As others have posted, this team, while more fun to watch than past teams, will not be going past wild card weekend at best. They are soft and due to the Reid culture, will never "get over the hump".

suzzer99
10-07-2019, 12:18 AM
At least we can give up on the idea that we're one CB away from a Superbowl. This defense needs help everywhere.

YontsRBake
10-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Why do people keep mentioning Fisher when alluding to players we are missing? Hes been a no show his whole freakin career. If we are looking forward to an improvement IF and that's a huge IF, he returns Im here to tell you youre blind. Simply stated it doesn't matter if that steaming pile of crap is in there or we are stuck with Erving the rest of the year, they don't make the practice squad on on any other NFL or even CFL team.

Hill and Watkins I agree were missed. But until someone calls a players only meeting and challenges some manhoods, this will continue to happen. This team, this coach, Im sorry, they are soft.

The blueprint, if there is one wasn't written by the Lions or Colts. It was shoved in collective faces of this team by Harbaugh and the Ravens. Continuing to go for it on 4th down and two point conversions wasn't a "scheme" or a calculated risk. It was a statement. It goes something like this...."We are here to punish you, inflict pain on you and generally whip your ass. What are you prepared to do about it?" Luckily we had a healthy 15 then and he answered. The defense sure as hell didn't. Andy sure as hell didn't. And for sure the O line didn't.

As others have posted, this team, while more fun to watch than past teams, will not be going past wild card weekend at best. They are soft and due to the Reid culture, will never "get over the hump".

Not so much about Fisher himself but more just about how bad Cam Erving is. Fisher is average, Erving is atrocious. So even though Fisher isn’t a great player you still get an improvement by keeping Erving off the field.

kcclone
10-07-2019, 12:21 AM
At least we can give up on the idea that we're one CB away from a Superbowl. This defense needs help everywhere.

This is true. We have big gaping holes at CB, LB and Guard.

LongSufferingToady
10-07-2019, 12:22 AM
In a word, yes, the opposing teams have figured out a few things:

1. Our defense can't stop the run.
2. Keep Mahomnes off the field as much as possible.
3. When Mahomnes is on the field, man-to-man coverage eliminates offensive weapons.

Only158
10-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Fisher is average,

yeah like Eddie the Eagle was average at ski jumping, like Jordan was average at baseball, like Shaq was average at shooting FTs, like Alex Smith was average at throwing past 12 yds.:rolleyes:

YontsRBake
10-07-2019, 12:42 AM
yeah like Eddie the Eagle was average at ski jumping, like Jordan was average at baseball, like Shaq was average at shooting FTs, like Alex Smith was average at throwing past 12 yds.:rolleyes:

No matter what, my point is he's an upgrade over Erving. I don't think you can deny that.

Only158
10-07-2019, 12:58 AM
my point is he's an upgrade over Erving

"No thanks warden. I'll pass on the electric chair. I want the upgrade. Gimme the firing squad.":banghead:

kcclone
10-07-2019, 01:02 AM
"No thanks warden. I'll pass on the electric chair. I want the upgrade. Gimme the firing squad.":banghead:

Eric Fisher isn’t great but he’s way better than Cam and he’s better than our interior OL.

Only158
10-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Eric Fisher isn’t great but he’s way better than Cam

You mean like getting herpes from your girlfriend isn't great, but its way better than finding out shes married? Newsflash...they both suck.

PAChiefsGuy
10-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Have they figured out that the Chiefs are soft? Yeah they have. I think that is pretty obvious.

Mahomesmyman
10-07-2019, 04:13 AM
I think teams have figured out that our team just isn't that good. Hopefully Mahomes can work his magic to overcome otherwise an average team.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 04:49 AM
Anyone really expecting to win vs the Texans ? I’m not

Mecca
10-07-2019, 05:26 AM
They figured out that when you are missing a bunch of guys you don't have to respect the entire field anymore.

There isn't a single QB in the league that wouldn't struggle missing their 1 and 2 WR's a long with their LT.

stevieray
10-07-2019, 05:30 AM
They figured out that when you are missing a bunch of guys you don't have to respect the entire field anymore.

There isn't a single QB in the league that wouldn't struggle missing their 1 and 2 WR's a long with their LT.

Amen.

Losing one game is not the end of the world, nor indidicitive of how they will play..

People can't claim SB bound when we were winning, then declare the season doomed after one loss.

It's just not realisitic.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 06:39 AM

I think Carlos Hyde is licking his chops.

jaa1025
10-07-2019, 06:46 AM
Yep, just injure Mahomes so he can barely move in the pocket, take out his LT and LG so you can get consistent pressure, take out the Chiefs #1 and #2 Wrs so Mahomes has to depend on a Rookie WR, UDFA (basically rookie) and former 4th round pick at WR. Also, hope that Kelce decides to have a case of the drops and McCoy has an uncharacteristic fumble.

So no, there isn't anything to figure out. They barely won and it took everything to go right for them and wrong for the Chiefs. INDY is probably the worst team the Chiefs have faced so far.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Yep, just injure Mahomes so he can barely move in the pocket, take out his LT and LG so you can get consistent pressure, take out the Chiefs #1 and #2 Wrs so Mahomes has to depend on a Rookie WR, UDFA (basically rookie) and former 4th round pick at WR. Also, hope that Kelce decides to have a case of the drops and McCoy has an uncharacteristic fumble.

So no, there isn't anything to figure out. They barely won and it took everything to go right for them and wrong for the Chiefs. INDY is probably the worst team the Chiefs have faced so far.

They're also the second borderline playoff teams in a row to punch us in the mouth using the same formula. We'll figure this out and get better once we're healthy. But nothing gives me assurance that we're at all built to beat NE. And getting to NE won't be a cakewalk either. We can be better. But we have to be much better.

RunKC
10-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Again, sure.

Last I checked the chiefs made 2 picks in the 2nd round this last year and one the year before.

I’m not gonna use outliers to justify not acquiring good players though

So you get one good player in Ramsey for 2 first rd picks and a huge salary or...

Chris Jones, Mecole Hardman (or Juan Thornhill) + cash to add more value i.e. a Honey Badger.

Adding one player is a fools bet. We aren’t a player away.

This defense needs quality talent across the entire field.

chiefsfan15
10-07-2019, 07:58 AM
There is a clear and simple blueprint to beat the Chiefs. Just run the ball. They can't stop you.

I don't see how it can get any better during this season. The talent level on defense is still poor. Just like it was last year. Doesn't matter how Sutton or Spagnuolo arranges the deck chairs. There's no way around a lack of talent.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 08:19 AM
There is a clear and simple blueprint to beat the Chiefs. Just run the ball. They can't stop you.

I don't see how it can get any better during this season. The talent level on defense is still poor. Just like it was last year. Doesn't matter how Sutton or Spagnuolo arranges the deck chairs. There's no way around a lack of talent.

If you want to be real the talent level isn't THAT, bad. Run D is about effort and well we have some guys who have issues with that.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 08:30 AM
If you want to be real the talent level isn't THAT, bad. Run D is about effort and well we have some guys who have issues with that.

Run D is about effort and attitude...and maintaining gap assignments.

We got by with guys like George Jamison, Tracy Simien, Lonnie Marts, Greg Manusky, et al at LB in the 90s because our Dline had ATTITUDE. Smith, Saleamua, Joe Phillips, and Vaughan Booker had some PRIDE and also knew how to maintain their gap assignments. They were disciplined. And they were NASTY. We haven't had a defense like that since Marty left...

Why Not?
10-07-2019, 08:34 AM
The Chiefs should handle the Texans and Broncos easily,:-)

Curious as to what you see in our secondary and pass rush that makes you think Hopkins and Fuller don’t destroy us this week?

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 08:52 AM
I thought the run D looked better after Jones went out.

I really think that he’s the biggest problem.

Giant Octopodes
10-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Curious as to what you see in our secondary and pass rush that makes you think Hopkins and Fuller don’t destroy us this week?

numbers and analytics, and the eye test.

From a numbers perspective, the Chiefs are a better team which produces better results, and they should be favored going into the game, and rightly so. They have a better than even chance to win based on team efficiency, historic trends, and so forth.

From an Xs and Os perspective and the eye test, Deshaun Watson is easier to bring down than Brissett, and the Texans have a Much weaker offensive line than the Colts do. So the Chiefs should be able to get home, or at least get meaningful pressure to the point where it impacts passing, much more frequently. Sure the Texans destroyed Atlanta, but the Chiefs defense is better than Atlanta's, and ultimately there's no reason to expect them to allow 53 points.

I'm not saying the Chiefs can't lose or anything. But a loss is not what I would expect to see, and those predicting it suffer a bit too much from recency bias in their evaluations, in my opinion.

crayzkirk
10-07-2019, 09:22 AM
After the dust has settled and I'm thinking a little clearer, an odd thought came to me. I have been making fun of the Broncos for building a defense and bringing in cast off quarterbacks from other teams when the Chiefs have been doing the exact same thing as the Vermeil era. Except for the great o-line that they put together. Trying to fix the defense with coaching changes and high priced free agents.

If you don't learn from history, you are destined to repeat it. With the way this team gets pushed around, things could get rough. We are already seven years into the Andy Reid experiment, he keeps saying this is on him and he will get it fixed. The words are the same and so is the outcome.

Soft, soggy, milquetoast. The team reflects the coaching staff and Andy runs everything.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 10:45 AM
After the dust has settled and I'm thinking a little clearer, an odd thought came to me. I have been making fun of the Broncos for building a defense and bringing in cast off quarterbacks from other teams when the Chiefs have been doing the exact same thing as the Vermeil era. Except for the great o-line that they put together. Trying to fix the defense with coaching changes and high priced free agents.

If you don't learn from history, you are destined to repeat it. With the way this team gets pushed around, things could get rough. We are already seven years into the Andy Reid experiment, he keeps saying this is on him and he will get it fixed. The words are the same and so is the outcome.

Soft, soggy, milquetoast. The team reflects the coaching staff and Andy runs everything.
ALWAYS.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 10:54 AM

Right! Two playoff wins after six years with horrible losses each looking the same as the previous. If they can't fix the run D this team might win one playoff game not more.

SupDock
10-07-2019, 11:40 AM
We are what we are
We are not a super team

Mahomes being elite and our elite wide receivers help overcome a lot of deficiencies, injuries are adding up to the point that Mahomes can't overcome our deficiencies

PAChiefsGuy
10-07-2019, 11:54 AM

It's definitely a lack of talent. No Sutton and the D is just as talented if not more so with Honey Badger back there. Berry didn't play last season as we all know. Yet the same problems we had when Sutton was the DC are still here.

That tells me Veach has done a shit job when it comes to acquiring talent for the D. Hitchens can't tackle for shit and the rest our LBs are no better. Our Dlineman can't win their individual battles and Chris Jones frequently overpersues when teams run. When dlineman do win their battles the RB easily outmaneuvers them -- example Frank Clark beats his man then misses an easy tackle and the RB runs for a key first down... Frank Clark trade btw was clearly a huge mistake. That guy is no better than Ford.

Anyway the run D is really bad. Besides the talent problems I do see a lack of effort as well when teams run the ball. Players aren't giving it a 100% every play it's sad to watch. It needs to change somehow because if it doesn't this team will get beat when the playoffs come around.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
It's definitely a lack of talent. No Sutton and the D is just as talented if not more so with Honey Badger back there. Berry didn't play last season as we all know. Yet the same problems we had when Sutton was the DC are still here.

That tells me Veach has done a shit job when it comes to acquiring talent for the D. Hitchens can't tackle for shit and the rest our LBs are no better. Our Dline can't win their individual battles and Chris Jones frequently overpersues when teams run. When dlineman do win their battles the RB easily outmaneuvers them -- example Frank Clark beats his man then misses an easy tackle and the RB runs for a key first down... Frank Clark trade btw was clearly a huge mistake. That guy is no better than Ford.

Anyway the run D is really bad. It needs to change because if it doesn't this team will get beat when the playoffs come around.

Clark is much worse than Ford. At least Ford could get after the quarterback.

Bob Sutton is laughing his ass off this morning.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:00 PM

That tells me Veach has done a shit job when it comes to acquiring talent for the D. Hitchens can't tackle for shit and the rest our LBs are no better. Our Dlineman can't win their individual battles and Chris Jones frequently overpersues when teams run. When dlineman do win their battles the RB easily outmaneuvers them -- example Frank Clark beats his man then misses an easy tackle and the RB runs for a key first down... Frank Clark trade btw was clearly a huge mistake. That guy is no better than Ford.

Anyway the run D is really bad. Besides the talent problems I do see a lack of effort as well when teams run the ball. Players aren't giving it a 100% every play it's sad to watch. It needs to change somehow because if it doesn't this team will get beat when the playoffs come around.

Didn't Hitchens and Clark look like world beaters in their previous teams?

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Didn't Hitchens and Clark look like world beaters in their previous teams?

Yep. They look like AIDS here.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Clark is much worse than Ford. At least Ford could get after the quarterback.

Bob Sutton is laughing his ass off this morning.

How many offsides has Clark been flagged for this year?

Sutton deserves to laugh. He was so maligned for the defense's AIDS...turns out, he probably adjusted better than Spags. Like in the AFCCG, putting the extra Dlineman in to stop the run. Granted, Brady started passing...but at least he FORCED Brady to beat us.

Unlike last night, where Spaggot let Jacoby off the hook...

Mile High Mania
10-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Threads like these after games like yesterday... that's what keeps my spirits up around here. One bad loss with all the injuries and it's like - bam - all is wrong in KC.

The GM and coach need to go, teams have the blueprint now ... it's really kinda crazy. It's fun though.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:20 PM

The only constant is Reid and his way of "fixing" underperforming players. Is the D more tuned out and less accountable because of how the O is getting all the "escalades" about winning games by themselves?

Aspengc8
10-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Threads like these after games like yesterday... that's what keeps my spirits up around here. One bad loss with all the injuries and it's like - bam - all is wrong in KC.

The GM and coach need to go, teams have the blueprint now ... it's really kinda crazy. It's fun though.

It's pretty hilarious. 75% of CP turns into an ex-GM or some retired D1 coordinator.

Mile High Mania
10-07-2019, 12:26 PM
It's pretty hilarious. 75% of CP turns into an ex-GM or some retired D1 coordinator.

Now, at some point, I do think it's reasonable to question whether or not a HC has peaked. Reid has had an incredible career and has turned KC around. But, at some point, I think coaches hit a peak and no matter who the players are, they can't climb higher.

Has Reid reached his peak in KC? I dunno who you get... it would be viewed as lunacy to get rid of him after what he's done there in 7 years (69-32). Right now, Reid is #8 and one win away from #200 and a tie with Marty (ironic, yeah) for 7th all-time.

Reid is 27 wins away from cracking the top 5 all-time... but, has he reached his peak?

Hammock Parties
10-07-2019, 12:30 PM
defense gives up 19 points

"we need help everywhere"

god you morons never change

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Now, at some point, I do think it's reasonable to question whether or not a HC has peaked. Reid has had an incredible career and has turned KC around. But, at some point, I think coaches hit a peak and no matter who the players are, they can't climb higher.

Has Reid reached his peak in KC? I dunno who you get... it would be viewed as lunacy to get rid of him after what he's done there in 7 years (69-32). Right now, Reid is #8 and one win away from #200 and a tie with Marty (ironic, yeah) for 7th all-time.

Reid is 27 wins away from cracking the top 5 all-time... but, has he reached his peak?

With an unreal talent like Mahomes do you really need an offensive minded HC who has a history of leading unbalanced teams and a not-so-good playoff resume (considering his coaching longevity) or do you need a brilliant OC and a defensive minded HC who knows what to do on that side of the ball?

St. Patty's Fire
10-07-2019, 12:38 PM
defense gives up 19 points

"we need help everywhere"

god you morons never change

This is the simple minded man’s take on the defense

“durr 19 points the defense was great bro”

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Feel free to embed this.

https://youtu.be/i1uJFAfOHLQ

Amnorix
10-07-2019, 12:44 PM
No. You lost. You won't go 19-0 this year -- no surprise, your defense was never good enough to do that. Now take a deep breath and remember that it's barely freaking October. It's Overreaction Nation around here...

Hammock Parties
10-07-2019, 12:53 PM
This is the simple minded man’s take on the defense

“durr 19 points the defense was great bro”

didn't say they were great

but good enough to win

the offense lost that game

Hammock Parties
10-07-2019, 12:54 PM
No. You lost. You won't go 19-0 this year -- no surprise, your defense was never good enough to do that. Now take a deep breath and remember that it's barely freaking October. It's Overreaction Nation around here...

pretty sad when fuckstick patriots fans are preaching the truth around here

Amnorix
10-07-2019, 12:56 PM
pretty sad when fuckstick patriots fans are preaching the truth around here

Plenty of Patriots fans overreact to every bad thing also -- alot like YOUR overreaction to EVERY bad thing that happens to the Patriots. Yesterday the Patriots looked terrible in the first half, but who cares? Still a W, and you'd think by now that Pats fans would realize that the Patriots improve at a greater rate over the course of the season than nearly every other team -- that's what great coaching gets you.

Anyway -- overreacting seems to be built into the DNA of most NFL fans.

See y'all in the AFCCG.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 12:57 PM
didn't say they were great

but good enough to win

the offense lost that game

Ya we did nothing and didn't respond in the 2nd half with anything but 3 and outs. We know what the defense is and they kept us in it until the end. The offense gave up 3 of those points by failing to get a 4th down in our own territory at the end therefore giving them a 2 possession lead.

DJJasonp
10-07-2019, 01:00 PM
#1 and #2 wr and LT out...rest of o line lost their balls.....combine that with zero commitment to any semblance of a desire to run the ball, and here we are.

Combine that with a d line that cant stop a run, even when they know its coming....which leads to fewer opportunities for the offense to score.

both lines need to improve, and get cheetah back....and we will be putting up 30 a game again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 01:09 PM
#1 and #2 wr and LT out...rest of o line lost their balls.....combine that with zero commitment to any semblance of a desire to run the ball, and here we are.

Combine that with a d line that cant stop a run, even when they know its coming....which leads to fewer opportunities for the offense to score.

both lines need to improve, and get cheetah back....and we will be putting up 30 a game again.

We aren't going to run on anyone, maybe a draw play here and there but running IS NOT the solution. The running plays were just giveup plays, the screens were working but we stopped using them after the fumble.

Red Dawg
10-07-2019, 01:12 PM

No Hill, No Watkins, No Jones, No Fisher. No chance in hell. OL is bad and injured. Mahomes is gimpy and Andy refuses to help by running the ball. This one could get real ugly.

DJJasonp
10-07-2019, 01:14 PM
We aren't going to run on anyone, maybe a draw play here and there but running IS NOT the solution. The running plays were just giveup plays, the screens were working but we stopped using them after the fumble.Point is, their d line was pinning their ears back and pass rushing like crazy. With at least a threat of a rush here and there, it might slow that pass rush a bit

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Point is, their d line was pinning their ears back and pass rushing like crazy. With at least a threat of a rush here and there, it might slow that pass rush a bit

The rush plays were abortions, screens would be the best solution but Andy stopped using them.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Point is, their d line was pinning their ears back and pass rushing like crazy. With at least a threat of a rush here and there, it might slow that pass rush a bit

They were blowing up the run plays on the way to the QB because the Oline is Pure AIDS.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 01:28 PM
They were blowing up the run plays on the way to the QB because the Oline is Pure AIDS.

Yup and that's on Andy, our Oline is a cobbled mess and has been, we're soft ass bitches all over the field.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 01:53 PM

Yes, let’s just sack Reid after he finally got an elite QB, because Dee Ford’s penalty kept him from winning the SB in year one. Seems like an excellent idea.

What exactly does it mean for a coach to peak? Is he incapable of acquiring more talent or upgrading the defensive staff? Or incapable of designing that one secret play that will win the SB?

Reid has run into Belichick and Beady three times in the playoffs with teams that were capable of winning it all. And frankly, he probably should have won one or two of those. It’s not as if he’s been proven to not belong.

So, let me see if I have it straight...he’s reached his peak because he hasn’t beaten the “GOATs” in the playoffs. That means all we need to do is find someone better than Belichick and we’re golden!

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Yes, let’s just sack Reid after he finally got an elite QB, because Dee Ford’s penalty kept him from winning the SB in year one. Seems like an excellent idea.

What exactly does it mean for a coach to peak? Is he incapable of acquiring more talent or upgrading the defensive staff? Or incapable of designing that one secret play that will win the SB?

Reid has run into Belichick and Beady three times in the playoffs with teams that were capable of winning it all. And frankly, he probably should have won one or two of those. It’s not as if he’s been proven to not belong.

So, let me see if I have it straight...he’s reached his peak because he hasn’t beaten the “GOATs” in the playoffs. That means all we need to do is find someone better than Belichick and we’re golden!

And then you look around and see scrubs like Kubiak (beat Belichick) and OK coaches like Harbaugh (beat Belichick and Manning) and Tomlin win one. A HC with 20 years of regular season greatness and one SB appearance will always have such questions attached.

Mile High Mania
10-07-2019, 02:09 PM

Don't get me wrong... I wasn't saying you should, I think you would be crazy, quite honestly. You do all you can to win and just see.

I'm just suggesting there are coaches that despite how great they are, they hit a wall. I think Andy's time in KC is similar to his time in PHI. Yeah?

14 years in PHI and 7 in KC - 10/9 playoff record in PHI and 2/5 so far in KC

Reid only had 3 losing seasons in PHI ... he had 8 double digit win seasons, made it to the SB. The guy knows how to win consistently, but his teams have 12 wins in 26 playoff games.

Again, he's a great coach... I just made the comment based on a number of posts this morning where people are saying he should go. I think it's nuts, but it's always interesting to have the conversation on stuff like this just to see where it goes.

Amnorix
10-07-2019, 02:23 PM
And then you look around and see scrubs like Kubiak (beat Belichick) and OK coaches like Harbaugh (beat Belichick and Manning) and Tomlin win one. A HC with 20 years of regular season greatness and one SB appearance will always have such questions attached.

Harbaugh was the cat's meow when he won the Super Bowl. The press couldn't stop repeating that he'd NEVER missed the playoffs in his head coaching career.

Since then, his best season (which he's done twice) is 10-6, but both of those years he was one and done in the playoffs, and in the SIX full seasons since he won the SB, he's basically a .500 coach.

Now I think Harbaugh is a damn fine coach. Certain top ten in the league, probably top five, but once he started losing some of that elite defensive talent, he started looking alot less super-awesome.

As for Kubiak, that 2015 Broncos team (1) had elite defensive talent, and (2) ran into a completely crippled Patriots team, health-wise, and (3) won the game in large part on a freaking missed point after and a blown DPI no-call. It's not like he ran the Philly special and outcoached the Patriots or anything.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 02:25 PM

But it’s pretty easy to see why he doesn’t, right? Is anyone shocked that Alex Smith didn’t beat Brady or Roethlisberger in the playoffs? Is anyone shocked that he lost to NE in the SB?

I guess I just fail to see why a SB would be expected with a string of average or decent QBs. It’s very rare that a less than elite QB wins it. And the ones that do generally managed to conjure up elite play for a few games, combined with great D. If he had a string of teams that were expected to win the SB that all failed, I’d get it 100%. And if he never gets one with Mahomes, fire away.

The bottom line is that he is great at designing plays and gameplanning. He turned the worst team in the league into an 11 win team overnight. With average talent.

I just hate the logic of “he CAN’T win a SB” because he hasn’t yet. Makes no sense. Were people saying Elway was incapable of winning the SB in the mid 90s? Equally dumb.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Don't get me wrong... I wasn't saying you should, I think you would be crazy, quite honestly. You do all you can to win and just see.

I'm just suggesting there are coaches that despite how great they are, they hit a wall. I think Andy's time in KC is similar to his time in PHI. Yeah?

Reid only had 3 losing seasons in PHI ... he had 8 double digit win seasons, made it to the SB. The guy knows how to win consistently, but his teams have 12 wins in 26 playoff games.

Again, he's a great coach... I just made the comment based on a number of posts this morning where people are saying he should go. I think it's nuts, but it's always interesting to have the conversation on stuff like this just to see where it goes.

Obviously if Reid wins the SB he is in KC for life. What is the threshold for anything else?

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 02:40 PM

This is the start of a completely new era. No one expected Alex Smith to win one.

Everyone expects one minimum from Mahomes.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Harbaugh was the cat's meow when he won the Super Bowl. The press couldn't stop repeating that he'd NEVER missed the playoffs in his head coaching career.

Since then, his best season (which he's done twice) is 10-6, but both of those years he was one and done in the playoffs, and in the SIX full seasons since he won the SB, he's basically a .500 coach.

Now I think Harbaugh is a damn fine coach. Certain top ten in the league, probably top five, but once he started losing some of that elite defensive talent, he started looking alot less super-awesome.

As for Kubiak, that 2015 Broncos team (1) had elite defensive talent, and (2) ran into a completely crippled Patriots team, health-wise, and (3) won the game in large part on a freaking missed point after and a blown DPI no-call. It's not like he ran the Philly special and outcoached the Patriots or anything.

Kubiak personally had very little to no influence in building that D but he was instrumental in getting Wade. Reid on the other hand held on to Sutton one year more than needed and has now hired Spagnuolo whose D somehow looks worse than last year's. To me it is a matter of whether Reid recognizes the issues with this team and gets the right people to fix it or is he too busy playing with his offensive gadgets (an OC would suffice for this task) at the expense of overall team hygiene.

Warrick
10-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Baldy thinks so...

The Blueprint on How to Shut Down Mahomes & the Chiefs

Amnorix
10-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Kubiak personally had very little to no influence in building that D but he was instrumental in getting Wade. Reid on the other hand held on to Sutton one year more than needed and has now hired Spagnuolo whose D somehow looks worse than last year's. To me it is a matter of whether Reid recognizes the issues with this team and gets the right people to fix it or is he too busy playing with his offensive gadgets (an OC would suffice for this task) at the expense of overall team hygiene.

I definitely understand that point. I've always thought that too many head coaches look at themselves as being glorified coordinators of one side of the ball or the other. I think the Payton's refusal/unwillingness to enmesh himself on the defensive side of the ball has undermined Saints teams and Brees for years. I think Zimmer treating the offense or special teams of his OWN TEAM as the goddamn enemy is a serious impediment to his team's success.

And I think one of BB's greatest assets is he coaches the entire damn team.

You're the HEAD COACH. Act like it.

Chieftain
10-07-2019, 03:15 PM
No.
The players themselves are starting to show arrogance and are not performing as they should, thinking they would roll over their opponents. It has showed these past two games.

Amnorix
10-07-2019, 03:20 PM
No.
The players themselves are starting to show arrogance and are not performing as they should, thinking they would roll over their opponents. It has showed these past two games.

Reading your own press clippings has undermined many teams...

Giant Octopodes
10-07-2019, 03:23 PM
This is the start of a completely new era. No one expected Alex Smith to win one.

Not everyone expects one minimum. Everyone agrees that if he fails to get one, it would be underachieving his potential. There's a difference. Everyone expects him to pass for 5000 yards at least once more in his career, but the Chiefs are not currently Super Bowl favorites, and everyone knows that the road gets significantly harder for him once he's off his rookie contract, which doesn't have to be next year but according to the GM it will be anyway. Winning a Super Bowl is really hard, and not to be taken for granted, or expected of Anyone. Not the Patriots, not the Chiefs, not anyone, and as we've seen with Luck, you never know how a career will go.

It's unfair to expect anything more than Mahomes to do his best week in and week out and deliver the best performances he can, and for the seasons to shake out as they will, with whatever outcomes may come, based on a LOT of factors outside of his control. That's my philosophy at least- when you have a special talent, take nothing for granted, savor each week and each win, expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised by any positive outcomes, and grateful for them. You never know how long it'll last, and it's a heck of a lot better than being some joyless arrogant prick who expects to win the Super Bowl every year, can never be satisfied, and laments anything less than utter perfection. The team is going to do what the team is going to do, but only you can decide whether you can never be satisfied or never be disappointed.

ThaVirus
10-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Tyreek Hill is probably just THAT important.

He is, but he’s been out since week 1 and this offense really hadn’t missed a beat.

Now, with Sammy getting hurt, missing Fisher and having Mahomes dinged up it’s just too much to overcome at times.

Mile High Mania
10-07-2019, 03:41 PM

So, Kubiak came in at the right time... John Fox came in to turn things around, which he did with the help of Manning. Then they went on the FA craze when they lost to SEA and brought in Kubiak for 2015.

John Fox was just the coach they needed at the time, he helped get things right. And, yes - the SB was more what Wade and the FAs brought to the table than Kubiak.

Mile High Mania
10-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Sure, but I'm just looking at Reid in PHI compared to KC ... very similar.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Not everyone expects one minimum. Everyone agrees that if he fails to get one, it would be underachieving his potential. There's a difference. Everyone expects him to pass for 5000 yards at least once more in his career, but the Chiefs are not currently Super Bowl favorites, and everyone knows that the road gets significantly harder for him once he's off his rookie contract, which doesn't have to be next year but according to the GM it will be anyway. Winning a Super Bowl is really hard, and not to be taken for granted, or expected of Anyone. Not the Patriots, not the Chiefs, not anyone, and as we've seen with Luck, you never know how a career will go.

It's unfair to expect anything more than Mahomes to do his best week in and week out and deliver the best performances he can, and for the seasons to shake out as they will, with whatever outcomes may come, based on a LOT of factors outside of his control. That's my philosophy at least- when you have a special talent, take nothing for granted, savor each week and each win, expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised by any positive outcomes, and grateful for them. You never know how long it'll last, and it's a heck of a lot better than being some joyless arrogant prick who expects to win the Super Bowl every year, can never be satisfied, and laments anything less than utter perfection. The team is going to do what the team is going to do, but only you can decide whether you can never be satisfied or never be disappointed.

All I’m saying is that it will be a surprise to virtually everyone if Mahomes never wins a SB. He probably should have done it in year one with an awful defense.

Alex Smith, meanwhile, could have had the 2000 Ravens D for 10 years, and no one would have been surprised that he never won it.

It’s a very different era with much higher expectations. What Reid did or didn’t do before is irrelevant.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Sure, but I'm just looking at Reid in PHI compared to KC ... very similar.

Not really. He had a winning playoff record there, nearly won a SB, and went to the conference championship several times.

Why? Better QB, primarily. Now he has a much better QB than he’s ever had.

FAX
10-07-2019, 03:57 PM
As far as the OP is concerned, I truly doubt it.

Meanwhile, what I really want to know is how many of our players requested a trade today.

FAX

MahiMike
10-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Any team that can play us man to man can beat us. We have to get past that. I'm thinking small ball/Alex Smith ball. That screen to McCoy worked great.

mr. tegu
10-07-2019, 04:17 PM
He is, but he’s been out since week 1 and this offense really hadn’t missed a beat.

This isn’t really true. Though some things like yards per play are basically the same, we are clearly less dynamic and a much more normal offense. Hill out affects every level and what the defenses do. Even Collinsworth pointed out last night that the defense the Colts played couldn’t be played with Hill in the game.

Where is absence is most notable though is the red zone. Whether clearing out for underneath stuff or taking shovel passes or short passes into the end zone he added so much and makes things so much easier. Without him we are in the bottom third of TD % in the red zone.

Red zone TD % - 2018: 73%, 2019: 50%

RaidersOftheCellar
10-07-2019, 04:25 PM
This isn’t really true. Though some things like yards per play are basically the same, we are clearly less dynamic and a much more normal offense. Hill out affects every level and what the defenses do. Even Collinsworth pointed out last night that the defense the Colts played couldn’t be played with Hill in the game.

Where is absence is most notable though is the red zone. Whether clearing out for underneath stuff or taking shovel passes or short passes into the end zone he added so much and makes things so much easier. Without him we are in the bottom third of TD % in the red zone.

Yep. An offense run by Mahomes will always look good (save for last night), but Hill makes it dynamic.

Easy 6
10-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Baldy thinks so...

The Blueprint on How to Shut Down Mahomes & the Chiefs

Yeah he broke it down pretty well as usual

So how do you beat the blueprint?

Two things, the line has to give Money more time... consistent pressure with 4 guys is horseshit

And it’s time these receivers toughen up, they HAVE to because they’ll now be seeing this plan in action every week now, even when Reek returns... like Baldy said, they gotta win their matchups, gotta beat man coverage

ThaVirus
10-07-2019, 04:39 PM

You can’t lose an elite talent like Hill and not experience some sort of change in the way your offense operates. I’m saying, assuming full health everywhere else, we’re still a great offense without Hill.. but lately now we’re or just missing Hill. We’re missing Fisher, we’re missing Watkins. Mahomes is banged up, Shady is banged up, D Will is banged up.

At some point it all just becomes too much. All of that, plus last night CLEARLY being the Colt’s Super Bowl was a recipe for a rough night.

mr. tegu
10-07-2019, 04:42 PM
You can’t lose an elite talent like Hill and not experience some sort of change in the way your offense operates. I’m saying, assuming full health everywhere else, we’re still a great offense without Hill.. but lately now we’re or just missing Hill. We’re missing Fisher, we’re missing Watkins. Mahomes is banged up, Shady is banged up, D Will is banged up.

At some point it all just becomes too much. All of that, plus last night CLEARLY being the Colt’s Super Bowl was a recipe for a rough night.

I agree we are still great without Hill, but not beyond being contained or slowed down or all time great status. I know that’s a high bar to compare ourselves to but it’s what we were last year and can be with Hill.

Aspengc8
10-07-2019, 05:05 PM
There are guys running wide open in Baldys breakdown. Oline cannot be a revolving door. they need some serious help or keep a back in otherwise mahomes wont make it through the season.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Hill is the piece that makes this offense unstoppable. Assuming we have a decent offensive line.

What makes the offense so dangerous when it's healthy is having exceptional talent at WR (Hill), TE (Kelce), and RB (Hunt). All three of those guys required extra attention from any defense.

That extra attention opens up things for second string guys like Mecole, DRob, Pringle, etc. Which is how DRob and Mecole get open for 75-yard TD catches.

Without Hill, Sammy Watkins is good enough to take up some of that slack. As long as we still have Kelce, someone like Mecole, and someone like a Kareem Hunt, or for this year, Shady.

Take Sammy out of the mix, and any defense is going to be able to key on Kelce and a group of 3rd and 4th string WRs, and a rookie RB.

Since the loss of Hunt, Reid has been trying to make do at RB with a committee approach, which has been serviceable, but not the same as having Hunt.

Losing Hill this year showed us that teams would take away Sammy. But they still had to deal with Kelce, Shady, DRob, and Mecole.

Last night we still didn't have Hill, and lost Watkins and Shady. Which left Reid to try and lean on DRob (a second string WR on any team), Mecole (rookie), Damien (rookie) in his first game back, and Pringle (3rd string). And the Colts defense only had to really worry about containing Kelce.

Any team in the NFL can double one guy, and then single up a group of rookies/2nd string WRs, and a couple rookie RBs.

Three7s
10-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Yeah he broke it down pretty well as usual

So how do you beat the blueprint?

Two things, the line has to give Money more time... consistent pressure with 4 guys is horseshit

And it’s time these receivers toughen up, they HAVE to because they’ll now be seeing this plan in action every week now, even when Reek returns... like Baldy said, they gotta win their matchups, gotta beat man coverage
I counted two crossing routes just in the breakdown. That's a good man-beater, BUT here's the problem that Reid got the offense into. One of the plays had Hardman coming over on a cross with play-action, which SHOULD draw the LBs up to hit Hardman on the crosser for a huge gain.

The problem is Reid REFUSED to run the ball last night, so when the play-action hit, the LBs didn't even flinch which forced Mahomes to look elsewhere. Reid is acknowledged as an offensive genius, but like all of us in our areas of expertise, he can be a moron.

Easy 6
10-07-2019, 06:53 PM
I counted two crossing routes just in the breakdown. That's a good man-beater, BUT here's the problem that Reid got the offense into. One of the plays had Hardman coming over on a cross with play-action, which SHOULD draw the LBs up to hit Hardman on the crosser for a huge gain.

The problem is Reid REFUSED to run the ball last night, so when the play-action hit, the LBs didn't even flinch which forced Mahomes to look elsewhere. Reid is acknowledged as an offensive genius, but like all of us in our areas of expertise, he can be a moron.

Reid always has an inexplicable brainfart game or two in his trickbag

Let’s hope we have those outta the way now

IUsedToBeATightEnd
10-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Since the loss of Hunt, Reid has been trying to make do at RB with a committee approach, which has been serviceable, but not the same as having Hunt.

We aint going nowhere with these mediocre running backs, without a decent running game. Good running backs are the primary weapon of a pass oriented offense.

crayzkirk
10-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Not saying the sky is falling or that the HC should be fired, just realizing that the Chiefs are repeating a failed pattern. One thing that I believe has hurt the Chiefs, in addition to trading draft for free agents, is their relative success. They haven't been winning the SB, yet consistently draft at the bottom of rounds. After Vermeil, the team was full of a lot of older players and Edwards was given a difficult task of trying to rebuild the team. Add in Pioli, Haley and Cassel and this set the team back several years. When Andy took over, the team had a fairly solid core of players on defense.

I just believe that the attempt to fix it quick with free agents at the expense of the draft is a mistake. And that Andy, IMO, doesn't really seem to be interested in the defense and looks at it as an afterthought.

Watching the 49ers last night dismantle the Browns showed me what a decent defense looks like. Good tackling, penetration of the offensive line, speed, etc. They were all over the place.

Amnorix
10-08-2019, 07:19 AM
You're also starting to face the reality that teams get hyped up for games against KC. They circle their calendars. They use YOUR team as a measuring stick for whether they're any good or not.

Being satisfied with some measure of success and/or reading your own press clippings, and opponents get HYPED to play you are two of the main reasons that consistent winning is so damn hard.

Mecca
10-08-2019, 07:21 AM
Not saying the sky is falling or that the HC should be fired, just realizing that the Chiefs are repeating a failed pattern. One thing that I believe has hurt the Chiefs, in addition to trading draft for free agents, is their relative success. They haven't been winning the SB, yet consistently draft at the bottom of rounds. After Vermeil, the team was full of a lot of older players and Edwards was given a difficult task of trying to rebuild the team. Add in Pioli, Haley and Cassel and this set the team back several years. When Andy took over, the team had a fairly solid core of players on defense.

I just believe that the attempt to fix it quick with free agents at the expense of the draft is a mistake. And that Andy, IMO, doesn't really seem to be interested in the defense and looks at it as an afterthought.

Watching the 49ers last night dismantle the Browns showed me what a decent defense looks like. Good tackling, penetration of the offensive line, speed, etc. They were all over the place.

Yea lets remember something.....they have 3 top 10 picks on their DL...2 in the top 5, another guy with an 80 million dollar contract...

They have a LB they paid a shit ton of money to and Richard Sherman is a true leader, a guy I wanted here but many said he was done....guess not eh?

TEX
10-08-2019, 07:31 AM
We aint going nowhere with these mediocre running backs, without a decent running game. Good running backs are the primary weapon of a pass oriented offense.

Ding...Ding...DING!

Mecca
10-08-2019, 07:33 AM
When you cut that RB and then think a career backup is the answer you kinda get what you get huh?

srvy
10-08-2019, 07:40 AM

Our bookends on the o line is anchored solidly. Fish is much better than average good god have you seen what passes for tackles around the league. The crime is never developing a decent LG and I am not sold on the Doc at RG. Schwartz had his worst game since he has been here gotta believe he is playing a little gimpy as he is usually rock solid. Fish is a top tackle in the league easily top 10 and not far from in the elite 5. Look around the league teams would die to get ahold of our LT if he ever went up on the block. We have problems in several spots on the line but the ends are solid. Get out of here with that shit!

TEX
10-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Hill is the piece that makes this offense unstoppable. Assuming we have a decent offensive line.

What makes the offense so dangerous when it's healthy is having exceptional talent at WR (Hill), TE (Kelce), and RB (Hunt). All three of those guys required extra attention from any defense.

That extra attention opens up things for second string guys like Mecole, DRob, Pringle, etc. Which is how DRob and Mecole get open for 75-yard TD catches.

Without Hill, Sammy Watkins is good enough to take up some of that slack. As long as we still have Kelce, someone like Mecole, and someone like a Kareem Hunt, or for this year, Shady.

Take Sammy out of the mix, and any defense is going to be able to key on Kelce and a group of 3rd and 4th string WRs, and a rookie RB.

Losing Hill this year showed us that teams would take away Sammy. But they still had to deal with Kelce, Shady, DRob, and Mecole.

Last night we still didn't have Hill, and lost Watkins and Shady. Which left Reid to try and lean on DRob (a second string WR on any team), Mecole (rookie), Damien (rookie) in his first game back, and Pringle (3rd string). And the Colts defense only had to really worry about containing Kelce.

Any team in the NFL can double one guy, and then single up a group of rookies/2nd string WRs, and a couple rookie RBs.

:clap:

Just think - Many SB and contending teams have successful "Triplets" on Offense. KC had "Quadruplets" with Mahomes, Hill, Hunt & Kelce. Unstoppable. Losing Hunt was huge, even though many here think RB's can be easily be replaced and are interchangeable. Sorry, but Pro Bowl RB's who can do it all are not easily replaced, especially over the long term.

crayzkirk
10-08-2019, 07:41 AM
When you cut that RB and then think a career backup is the answer you kinda get what you get huh?

Well, they really had to cut Hunt. And the team hasn't really been the same without him. He brought some toughness to the team; I didn't always like him dropping his head and using it as a battering ram however he didn't back down and took it to the other team.

Toughness, something this team seems to be lacking...

Mecca
10-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Well, they really had to cut Hunt. And the team hasn't really been the same without him. He brought some toughness to the team; I didn't always like him dropping his head and using it as a battering ram however he didn't back down and took it to the other team.

Toughness, something this team seems to be lacking...

And with an offseason nothing was done to replace him.....We have a career backup, a UDFA, an old guy with something in the tank but a role player these days and another little guy.

Yehoodi
10-08-2019, 08:04 AM
I do not think folks have necessarily figured things out per se.

As some have already said. . .

Through 11 games last season KC had the Quadruplets - Mahomes, Hill, Hunt and Kelce (plus Watkins)

Mahomes was new to the league and perhaps early last year took some folks off guard.

Look at the games from Week 11 of last year to today and one will see a difference between these games and the first 11 from last season.

Add to this you have . . .

Folks gunning for the KC, wanting to take them down.

You are now down a few players at the skilled positions. With this folks can adjust and take a different defense approach.

Folks have adjusted to the KC.

In the end, folks can have a blueprint but one needs the horses to implement it and also not be facing a team that is not too strong where that plan will not work.

Mecca
10-08-2019, 08:10 AM
The Colts didn't even play the same way the Lions did.....the Lions played a guy back like 22 yards while playing physical man and beating the shit out of Kelce on every play.

The Colts only showed single high a few times they sat in 2 man most of the time and didn't really abuse Kelce coming off the line...they played a ton of wide 9 and it gave the OL a shit ton of issues.

So basically the Chiefs suck against man, don't call plays to beat it and 2 weeks in a row the OL has been beat with tough physical play and wide speed play...great look going forward there.

TEX
10-08-2019, 08:18 AM
The Colts didn't even play the same way the Lions did.....the Lions played a guy back like 22 yards while playing physical man and beating the shit out of Kelce on every play.

The Colts only showed single high a few times they sat in 2 man most of the time and didn't really abuse Kelce coming off the line...they played a ton of wide 9 and it gave the OL a shit ton of issues.

So basically the Chiefs suck against man, don't call plays to beat it and 2 weeks in a row the OL has been beat with tough physical play and wide speed play...great look going forward there.

KC is soft.

Chiefnj2
10-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Get rid of DAT and find a WR who can get off press coverage.

Mile High Mania
10-08-2019, 08:22 AM
You've certainly got the QB that can win with 'just about' any lineup, but Hill is the straw that stirs the drink. Until he's back, the dynamic aspect has a void.

Hill, Kelce, Watkins and then the other guys create so many crazy issues for a defense, with or without a strong running game.

You're missing two of those top 3 and Kelce isn't a one-man show. Teams can take him out of the mix and force you to spread it out to the less experienced guys. And, it will work at times, but not as consistently without Hill and Watkins.

There's no doubt Hunt is missed... maybe you can get him for a steal in a trade with CLE.

Kontradiction
10-08-2019, 08:27 AM
You’re going to struggle against teams with a lot of team speed on defense that can go man-to-man and a good ground game and QB on the other side of the ball because your defense is still trash and your players are still trying to figure out that greaseball DC’s defense. That doesn’t mean that teams have figured you out, though. Mahomes is hurt and is worse in the pocket than he is outside the pocket where he can play sandlot football after the coverage breaks down anyway. On top of that, your top two wideouts are hurt. The Walrus might want to try to lean on the ground game until those situations sort themselves out. That said, you guys might be better off for it. The injuries gave Hardman (who I loved in the draft) reps that he otherwise would not have gotten.

Yehoodi
10-08-2019, 08:50 AM

I did not see the Lions game, so i can not speak for the details on their defense.

I think too Detroit and Indy are not chump change and you guys played two solid teams while dealing with injuries.

Hopefully, anything that came out of those two games that hurt KC, it can adjust and get around.

If the OL is off and you need to scheme some. The Pats had a tough time with Buffalo and Brady threw the ball away a lot and we had a few scheme plays.

Hopefully, the coaching staff can adjust.