PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's NOT the loss that hurts the most...

UChieffyBugger
10-07-2019, 05:48 AM
It's the uneasy feeling I have of looking ahead knowing full well that if this defense doesn't get any better, then our dreams of a championship are pretty much over as I type this post. We saw it against the Steelers, We saw it against the Titans, We saw it against the Pats and we saw it last night. I can handle the odd defeat, it's part of the game. But what I find hard to digest is our inevitable demise down the road in the same fashion we've seen over the last three years.

Veach has the rest of this month to show us he knows what he's doing In the trade market. And Spaggs has eleven games minimum to show us he's not a coach who's best days are behind him and was only picked because he's Andy's friend. The actions of these two men couldn't be more crucial now.

DRM08
10-07-2019, 05:52 AM
I’m more concerned about the OL. If you give Mahomes proper blocking, he will make a ton of plays and win a lot of games even with a crappy defense. With piss poor OL, the offense will look just as crappy as what we saw last night with the ugly side effect of possibly getting the franchise QB seriously injured.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 05:52 AM
Forget it, if you don't think they can assemble a championship team while Mahomes makes about 10 cents then that means when he makes the most in the league we'll never win shit because our team will be Mahomes and his band of scrubs.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 05:53 AM
I’m more concerned about the OL. If you give Mahomes proper blocking, he will make a ton of plays and win a lot of games even with a crappy defense. With piss poor OL, the offense will look just as crappy as what we saw last night with the ugly side effect of possibly getting the franchise QB seriously injured.

You can't fucking have all pros everywhere, it isn't doable. Would you prefer to make the defense worse or take away some more offensive players, seeing as without Hill and Watkins we can't move the ball.

R8RFAN
10-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Forget it, if you don't think they can assemble a championship team while Mahomes makes about 10 cents then that means when he makes the most in the league we'll never win shit because our team will be Mahomes and his band of scrubs.

OMG Mahomes is gonna make a lot of $$$ , If anybody is worth it he is. I wonder how long it's gonna be before he starts demanding a new contract?

DRM08
10-07-2019, 06:00 AM
You can't ****ing have all pros everywhere, it isn't doable. Would you prefer to make the defense worse or take away some more offensive players, seeing as without Hill and Watkins we can't move the ball.

You give Mahomes an elite OL and I don’t care who the receivers are. He will make plays if you give him time. Sammy is massively overpaid with his injury problems. Frank looks like a typical lazy guy after getting paid.

As far as defense goes, just give up on paying big money. It has backfired pretty bad on them. Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Anthony Hitchens, Frank Clark, Honey Badger. Every one of them looks like a mistake at very high price tags.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 06:03 AM
Explain to me why guys who were good other places suck here on defense...last year, this year..old staff, new staff.

Because let's be real, if you think we can't pay anyone because they'll be lazy then we will never win anything. Just turn it off and find a new hobby because what you are telling me is the organization itself is the problem.

mcaj22
10-07-2019, 06:04 AM

I honestly think I would rather Mahomes and underpaid scrubs through the draft than Mahomes and all these overpaid turd free agents (Hitchens, Clark, Watkins, etc)

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 06:29 AM
I've had that uneasy feeling since game 1 against Oakland! Both lines are slow and weak. Tardiff started slow but is coming on....Schwartz, Cam, and Wylie are weak against the pass...Mahomes never feels comfortable in the pocket, there is ALWAYS pressure.

On the defensive side did anyone notice that our run defense actually improved when Jones left??? I'm not kidding....we got better once Jones left. I don't know how as Khalen Saunders was getting handled like a rag doll, but overall we looked better against the run!

Spags and Veach were supposed to change the culture on defense......it hasn't happened yet, I pray it will...

We have nothing in the trenches but a bunch of marshmellows!

Jerm
10-07-2019, 06:41 AM
It's not necessarily the loss for me either but the way in which we lost....was harping on this last night, it's the same exact way we've lost big games (and yes I count prime time games as big games) repeatedly in the past few years....

A worrying pattern and it was one I can totally see happening again when it matters the most....

Flying High D
10-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Bunch of candy asses I tell ya. Pussyfooting around out there. I bet the kid with leukemia on the school bus could take those sissies lunch money.

TEX
10-07-2019, 06:44 AM
It's the uneasy feeling I have of looking ahead knowing full well that if this defense doesn't get any better, then our dreams of a championship are pretty much over as I type this post. We saw it against the Steelers, We saw it against the Titans, We saw it against the Pats and we saw it last night. I can handle the odd defeat, it's part of the game. But what I find hard to digest is our inevitable demise down the road in the same fashion we've seen over the last three years.

Now what did you want to tell me in the "Let's talk about the Colts" thread last Friday?

TEX
10-07-2019, 06:45 AM
It's not necessarily the loss for me either but the way in which we lost....was harping on this last night, it's the same exact way we've lost big games (and yes I count prime time games as big games) repeatedly in the past few years....

A worrying pattern and it was one I can totally see happening again when it matters the most....

Nailed it. Rince / repeat.

Flying High D
10-07-2019, 06:48 AM
Reid’s teams have always been soft. Except when he had Johnson as DC.

arrowheadnation
10-07-2019, 06:49 AM
let's get Tyreek, Watkins, and Fisher back and see what happens at the trade deadline before we write this season off. There is still a long ways to go. People need to pump the brakes a little. It took the perfect storm of quite a few things all converging on the same night to beat us.

TEX
10-07-2019, 06:51 AM
let's get Tyreek, Watkins, and Fisher back and see what happens at the trade deadline before we write this season off. There is still a long ways to go. People need to pump the brakes a little. It took the perfect storm of quite a few things happening last night to beat us.

Watkins??? He's too busy doing Watkins things.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 06:52 AM

With this O-line PM might not make it to that "big contract" point in his career.

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2019, 06:54 AM
let's get Tyreek, Watkins, and Fisher back and see what happens at the trade deadline before we write this season off. There is still a long ways to go. People need to pump the brakes a little. It took the perfect storm of quite a few things all converging on the same night to beat us.
LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO Watkins?!?!? That useless sack of shit needs to sit his pussy ass on the bench so we can hopefully squeeze out a game or two in the postseason.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Explain to me why guys who were good other places suck here on defense...last year, this year..old staff, new staff.

Because let's be real, if you think we can't pay anyone because they'll be lazy then we will never win anything. Just turn it off and find a new hobby because what you are telling me is the organization itself is the problem.

Well, TBH, "the organization" is working on 50 years of not attending the SB. And there's no solid reason to think they can "fix" what ailed them tonight, this season.

Like they said, thye'll learn fromt his. Unfortunately what they'll learn is they have, again, weak O and D lines, and a shitty secondary. You can't really fix that.

kczoo
10-07-2019, 07:10 AM
It’s on VEACH NOT REID. He brings Reid talent or lack there of. It’s his job to work phones. If you ain’t on your best for PRIMETIME, it won’t happen. Winning games we caught cannonballs. We’re not hauling in pop flys now. Kelce is OFF! Blocking, his catch game😫

lcarus
10-07-2019, 07:19 AM

Maybe. Or maybe we'll be forced to draft players who are young and hungry instead of overpaying vets that turn into a shit sandwich the second the ink dries on the paper. And maybe we'll be better for it.

KurtCobain
10-07-2019, 07:20 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why our o-line was rushing Mahomes too.

jaa1025
10-07-2019, 07:22 AM
I love the defense getting all the blame when the offense scored 13 points. The offense was horrid thanks to injuries and poor playcalling at times.

Vox Romantic
10-07-2019, 07:23 AM
^^This^^ We have a long way to go. The Team has survived on big quarters with all the people out from the start. The Colts blotted out that one quarter, and here we are....... Sucks that the culmination of all the personal losses came at Prime Time, but that’s when it happened.
Get people back and the offense running on all cylinders and we have little to worry about others run game......

King_Chief_Fan
10-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Mahomes said in after game interview that Colts used man to man coverage, same as Lions and Patriots. I think he let out the scoop to all NFL to hear. Expect to see more of the same.
How Sad that this teams receivers cant fo man to man and win and the O line cant hold off the rush long enough for Mahomes to find a target.

We complain about the D but Reid and offense lost this game.
And let's not forget penalties

Mecca
10-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Maybe. Or maybe we'll be forced to draft players who are young and hungry instead of overpaying vets that turn into a shit sandwich the second the ink dries on the paper. And maybe we'll be better for it.

Yea Veach's idea of young and hungry is a dude who just gets fat on cheeseburgers.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Mahomes said in after game interview that Colts used man to man coverage, same as Lions and Patriots. I think he let out the scoop to all NFL to hear. Expect to see more of the same.
How Sad that this teams receivers cant fo man to man and win and the O line cant hold off the rush long enough for Mahomes to find a target.

Yea when you are on WR 3,4 and 5......and your coach thinks it's smart to still call plays like you have your full talent...

This team refuses to run crossers to beat man, the defenses are all going man and beating the shit out of the receivers.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Very reminiscent of the Vermeil years. Switched from Robinson to Gunther with a lot of free agents for the new defensive system and the same poor results.

Tough for KC to ever find balance.

tatorhog
10-07-2019, 07:34 AM
You give Mahomes an elite OL and I don’t care who the receivers are. He will make plays if you give him time.

It doesn't have to be elite. It just has to be serviceable. Any line that does not include Cam Erving, Ryan Fucktard Hunter would be amazing. Hell, you can throw Reiter in that dumpster category too. He was a dog's ass last night too.

Was Jeff Allen really that shitty? Worse than Hunter? I'm pretty sure DAT would be a better LG than Hunter. What about that dude we got in the Hyde trade?

lcarus
10-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Yea Veach's idea of young and hungry is a dude who just gets fat on cheeseburgers.

ROFL

In theory it's a good plan though.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:41 AM
What hurts most is the motherfucking injuries.

The Franchise
10-07-2019, 07:41 AM
LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO Watkins?!?!? That useless sack of shit needs to sit his pussy ass on the bench so we can hopefully squeeze out a game or two in the postseason.

Watkins can go fuck himself after this season. And honestly.....Jones can go as well.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Watkins can go fuck himself after this season. And honestly.....Jones can go as well.

Jones’ body has breakdown written all over it.

The Franchise
10-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Jones’ body has breakdown written all over it.

You don’t get to get paid Aaron Donald money if you can’t do shit against the run. Trade him for picks along with Watkins and use that to build the offensive line back up.

Ribbs67
10-07-2019, 07:45 AM
My biggest concern is the lack of a pass rush with these guys.. Clark/ Jones/ Ogbah/ KPass..and others..what the hell is going on here? And the 2-3 times we actually brought Mathieu's or Fuller..we did get pressure. Why aren't we Blitzing more? QBs are sitting back there and either picking us apart( too much time) or letting the running backs get to the 2nd level. Playing 2 deep safteys all the time is killing us. Come on Spags! Last night was really the first game that o felt like we had last year's defense on the field. They did make some plays..HB with the big interception ( that wouldn't have happened last year) and he came up and made some great reads on run plays as well. Penalties ( some warranted and some not) Breeland looking at you..Killed us. I don't think Claiborne played till later in the 2nd half. This was a whole team loss..Kelce had a horrible game and the antics on the sideline with Bienemy..was out of line. Glad to see him realize he was in the wrong and make amends. Frustrating game all around. Hope this team has a come to Jesus moment..and realize they need to be better. Injuries are mounting.. hopefully Reek can get back and Mahomes can get that ankle right. It's 1 loss. By 6 pts( could have been more) Let's see what next week brings before we all jump off the preverbial cliff with this team.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 07:46 AM

I'll add that, like the D learning how to strip the ball, the O's WRs aren't going very well at drawing DPI calls. Another entire "game withing the game" that Andy doesn't play.

Fishpicker
10-07-2019, 08:45 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NxDPyhVI1iY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FringeNC
10-07-2019, 08:48 AM
a panic-driven trade would be counter productive at this point. That's exactly what got us to this Frank Clark debacle. What we need to do is draft well -- get young hungry talent on D from the draft, and spend cap dollars on O.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 09:19 AM
a panic-driven trade would be counter productive at this point. That's exactly what got us to this Frank Clark debacle. What we need to do is draft well -- get young hungry talent on D from the draft, and spend cap dollars on O.

I think the panic is to not have PM look like a bug on the windshield before some calm acquisitions pan-out.

Seriously, after 5 games, I think many of us are starting to doubt that PM won't get seriously injured.

Jerok
10-07-2019, 09:22 AM
OMG Mahomes is gonna make a lot of $$$ , If anybody is worth it he is. I wonder how long it's gonna be before he starts demanding a new contract?

He can't get a contract until after this regular season.

FringeNC
10-07-2019, 09:23 AM
I think the panic is to not have PM look like a bug on the windshield before some calm acquisitions pan-out.

Seriously, after 5 games, I think many of us are starting to doubt that PM won't get seriously injured.

Well, if we have to make a trade, I'd rather trade for Trent Williams than Ramsey.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Well, if we have to make a trade, I'd rather trade for Trent Williams than Ramsey.

Perhaps, but at this point we need to "trade" (upgrade) to a coach who understands balance (within an acceptable variance) between O and D, and gets 100% out of his players. Andy has always been to anti-BB and worried about the player's feelings, that needs to change IMO.

I think last night showed is that this too won't be our year because of (insert excuse here), and Andy's best coaching happened after the game when I'm sure he advised his players to keep their fragile egos out/off of social media where the honesty will be flowing.

SupDock
10-07-2019, 10:44 AM
A lot of the time, even if we do get pressure, we make a 2nd string QB look like Michael Vick

R8RFAN
10-07-2019, 11:01 AM
He can't get a contract until after this regular season.
Oh yea I understand that , he has a 4 yr rookie deal then a 1 year option for the Chiefs...

Chiefs better sign that dude to a long term asap or his price is going to explode.

R8RFAN
10-07-2019, 11:03 AM
He throws some of the sickest passes on the run I have ever seen. Only way you can disrupt him is to get in his grill. If I were the Cheaps I would put a boatload more in that O line and say F the D because nobody will out score you.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
It’s on VEACH NOT REID. He brings Reid talent or lack there of.

Bullshit. Veach works for Reid. The power structure is not the same as Marty/Carl or Pioli/Haley. Reid tells Veach who/what he wants. Then Veach makes it happen.

Earl Thomas basically said as much when he said he talked to Reid to agree to come to KC before Baltimore swooped in - then Thomas called Reid back to let him know.

Not Veach.

Reid.

Reid runs the show in KC, from top to bottom. Reid is the one who determines who will be on the roster. Reid answers to The Clarks, and Veach answers to Reid.

GloryDayz
10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Oh yea I understand that , he has a 4 yr rookie deal then a 1 year option for the Chiefs...

Chiefs better sign that dude to a long term asap or his price is going to explode.

I think they might need to wait, the chance of him getting hurt really badly because of our O-line is very high, so they might want to make sure they're investing in a franchise QB, not a patient.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Bullshit. Veach works for Reid. The power structure is not the same as Marty/Carl or Pioli/Haley. Reid tells Veach who/what he wants. Then Veach makes it happen.

Earl Thomas basically said as much when he said he talked to Reid to agree to come to KC before Baltimore swooped in - then Thomas called Reid back to let him know.

Not Veach.

Reid.

Reid runs the show in KC, from top to bottom. Reid is the one who determines who will be on the roster. Reid answers to The Clarks, and Veach answers to Reid.

Correct. Even if Veach technically reports to Hunt, Reid is too much of a presence for a young/inexperienced Veach to stand up to. Dorsey did that and was promptly let go by Hunt who chose Reid and his mighty playoff resume.

eDave
10-07-2019, 11:37 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why our o-line was rushing Mahomes too.

Ha ha. LOVE this take.

TEX
10-07-2019, 11:45 AM
He throws some of the sickest passes on the run I have ever seen. Only way you can disrupt him is to get in his grill. If I were the Cheaps I would put a boatload more in that O line and say F the D because nobody will out score you.

Im in!