PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How would you handle Kelce putting hands on a coach?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2019, 08:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/d6JyedRqO4">pic.twitter.com/d6JyedRqO4</a></p>&mdash; TPS (@TPS_Youtube) <a href="https://twitter.com/TPS_Youtube/status/1181013521854861312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Bye-bye game check.

comochiefsfan
10-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Tell him he’s a 30 year old man and to pull his head out of his fucking ass.

TEX
10-07-2019, 08:57 AM
I'd suspend him one game or fine him a game check. Unacceptable IMO. He's supposed to be a leader. You lead when things get tough. Anyone can do it when it's going well.

InChiefsHeaven
10-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Whatever, they hugged it out. It's all good. Dude was frustrated.

redfan
10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Not a damn thing. They good now

tatorhog
10-07-2019, 08:59 AM
He seemed off all night. Was he hungover or something?

Old Dog
10-07-2019, 08:59 AM

This

lawrenceRaider
10-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Just cut him.

TEX

Noticed that too.

BigCatDaddy
He looked and played like shit. Something was wrong.

MahiMike
Kelce had one of his 15 y/o pouty games. You can tell right from the start if it's gonna be that kinda day for him. Andy should recognize this early and sit his ass down. Would have been better to play the 2 backups and run the ball.

FloridaMan88
I thought Kelce was beyond this, but apparently not.

He was doubled and roughed up all night, which is going to happen when you are the focal point of the opposing defense and he let it get into his head and affect his game.

KC_Lee

Too many happy birthday texts after Sherman tweeted out his number.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Not disagreeing with you, he did seem frustrated, but the only thing he should've been frustrated about was his own inability to hold on to the damn ball.

CoMoChief
10-07-2019, 09:06 AM

On a personal note, that's fine. I'm sure they worked it out.

But professionally, you don't ever put your hands on a superior unless you're defending yourself.

Dude needs to be put into check.

At a minimum, have his check taken away. Don't think the Chiefs can afford to suspend the guy haha, even if he is deserving. Hey...sometimes your better players and all pros get treated differently.

Abba-Dabba
10-07-2019, 09:16 AM
I sure as hell wouldn't handle it in the court of public opinion. I'd handle it internally, see both sides point of view, clarify where they both stand as part of the team and tell them to move on. Since they are both professionals I'd expect them to do just that.

ModSocks
10-07-2019, 09:18 AM

This.

LoneWolf
10-07-2019, 09:26 AM
These are grown men playing a testosterone filled sport. Tempers are going to flare from time to time. All he did was push Bienemy away. They hugged it out and presumably it is a non-issue. You don't fine a guy for being passionate on the sidelines unless he does something really stupid like punch a coach or teammate.

Ribbs67
10-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Eric had this to say.. " at the end of the day" we hugged it out..WE GOOD!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Make up tex

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Not disagreeing with you, he did seem frustrated, but the only thing he should've been frustrated about was his own inability to hold on to the damn ball.

It was like watching him as 2nd year player dropping routine passes

Shaid
10-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Kelce has been getting jammed and doubled all year. He's basically just getting beat up every week. No Sammy or Tyreek makes it easy for them to keep doing that. He's been taking a pounding and it's absolutely affecting his play.

Raiderhater
10-07-2019, 09:47 AM

That was the speculation at the bar last night during the game. I know he pissed me off on the fumble that was overturned when there was no whistle and he just sits there on his knees for several moments before getting up sprinting after the ball carrier.

MahiMike
10-07-2019, 09:55 AM
That was the speculation at the bar last night during the game. I know he pissed me off on the fumble that was overturned when there was no whistle and he just sits there on his knees for several moments before getting up sprinting after the ball carrier.

Kelce has a lot of Brotha in him.

Iconic
10-07-2019, 09:58 AM
bench for a quarter or half imo

SuperBowl4
10-07-2019, 10:00 AM
I have to know what Eric said to him first.

DJ's left nut

Dafuq?

Kelce was pretty much the only weapon we had who was nominally effective for most of the evening. He played just fine.

The problem was that the Colts eventually realized that they didn't really have to account for anyone else and threw everything they had at him to neutralize him. Even still he was busting his ass play in, play out.

There are a lot of places to lash out for yesterday's game but Kelce's not one of them. Did he show his ass a bit with Bieniemy? Yup. But he was among the only performing players we had between the lines yesterday. He was just fine.

SuperBowl4
On a personal note, that's fine. I'm sure they worked it out.

But professionally, you don't ever put your hands on a superior unless you're defending yourself.

Dude needs to be put into check.

At a minimum, have his check taken away. Don't think the Chiefs can afford to suspend the guy haha, even if he is deserving. Hey...sometimes your better players and all pros get treated differently.BS EB probably Dissed TK

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 10:02 AM
BS EB probably Dissed TK

Awwwww yea dawg, ya gnomesaine??

dls6501
10-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Marcus Peters yelled at a coach.

philfree
10-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Looked like the coach went on a little to long and Kelce just wanted to be left alone. It's not like Kelce went after the guy.

DiaperBoy27
10-07-2019, 10:06 AM

Kelce was awesome in the 1st quarter and looked like he was going to have a huge day. The defense adjusted.

I can see why he was frustrated, the offensive coaching staff couldn't get out of the quick sand they were stuck in, and were getting Mahomes killed on top of that.

Chief Northman
10-07-2019, 10:07 AM
It was obvious Bieniemy was going on about his ball security.

Kelce needs to sober up and man up.

Luv_pony_express
10-07-2019, 10:08 AM
I'd suspend him one game or fine him a game check. Unacceptable IMO. He's supposed to be a leader. You lead when things get tough. Anyone can do it when it's going well.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but that's not going to stop me from commenting. ;)

I think a suspension or stiff fine is excessive, given what I saw. But I do think that Kelce should be told that it's unacceptable for him to do that to anybody -- a coach, a teammate, etc. and that any future similar incidents will carry consequences.

It's one thing for him to get emotionally charged, it's another when he crosses the line into something physical (even if the physical confrontation was minimal).

He's a very competitive guy who lost his cool in the heat of battle. It's understandable. But it's not something that should be tolerated.

SuperBowl4
10-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Awwwww yea dawg, ya gnomesaine?? Who the F are U? I don't really give a F. ES A! TK wants 2 win You don't question TK ever or his desire

scho63
10-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill

ChiTown
10-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Nothing. Move on. Last night was an abortion top to bottom, including, and especially, from the Coaching Staff.

TK is a beast, and he was frustrated and blowing off steam. This is a large Nothing Burger.

T-post Tom
10-07-2019, 10:19 AM
You don't have to hear too many interviews with Bieniemy to know that he is an old school, drill sergeant type. Even so, Kelce had no right to push him away. But this isn't like the incident with Ramsey. They hugged it out. Kelce is not asking for a trade. By all accounts, everyone is good. Pretty sure that Kelce will be glad to accept any penalty the team might assess. He knows he was wrong to push the coach. Smart money is on this whole thing completely disappearing after today. (Other than this thread.;) )

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Andy won't do anything....but he probably shouldn't start next week. Let him sit a couple series so everyone gets the message!

You have to do something or else it'll just get worse!

Sure-Oz
10-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Did reporters ask Kelce what happened there?

srvy
10-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Marcus Peters yelled at a coach.

And then tried to fight the coach on the team bus there is a difference.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Andy won't do anything....but he probably shouldn't start next week. Let him sit a couple series so everyone gets the message!

You have to do something or else it'll just get worse!

You ever try doing behavior modification with a dog? Not obedience (that's pretty easy; simple compulsive training will largely do the trick there) but an actual behavior mod for something like resource guarding? Something where you aren't teaching but rather fundamentally altering a mindset.

The trick is that you absolutely cannot convince a dog who needs an underlying behavior mod that he's a bad dog; the outcomes are disasterous. You have to praise the holy shit out of them immediately after correcting them because if you don't, they'll just throw their hands (paws) up and say "well screw it, if I'm just a dick, might as well lean into it..." and all those negative behaviors will just get worse and worse. They'll close down and at best you'll get them to grumblingly stop doing what it is you said to stop doing only when you're watching and only when they think it's in their best interests. It doesn't actually alter the mindset.

Travis Kelce has made MASSIVE strides as a teammate and person over the last 2 years. I mean it's borderline miraculous how much he's matured. You go out there and slap him down, you're more likely to have him get to "well screw it, if I'm a bad dog, might as well be a bad dog..." and lose your gains.

Kelce had a bad moment in a rough night as part of a season that has to have been hard on him to this point. He's just getting mauled out there. But it says nothing about his development and maturation over the last few years. It was a bad moment for a guy that's become one of the best leaders and teammates on this squad.

He deserves a kangaroo court fine and a talking to, but to say that if you don't "send him a message" he'll get worse is folly. You don't come down hard on a guy who's made massive progress; you'll just make him wonder if the progress was worth it afterall. Acknowledge his gains, give him a bit of a scolding, then praise the holy shit out of everything he's done recently and get him ready to kick ass next Sunday so he can prove to himself that all the personal development he's done has been worthwhile.

Iowanian
10-07-2019, 11:10 AM
The entire offense looked like they went out and got shitfaced for Kelce's birthday.

They looked like they were all at a dildo party in Baltimore until 5am.

That fucking Mox

T-post Tom
10-07-2019, 11:14 AM

If memory serves, most of the griping about Peters here and in Chiefs' Kingdom was about his piss poor tackling. That said, I will reserve any ire for Kelce until he shows up on the field without his socks. :thumb:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ1dk9oDsFI44Rq/source.gif

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"
"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."
"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."
"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peters had a great game with the two takeaways... but wasn’t real interested in tackling anyone. <a href="https://t.co/OFpHzLf0Gp">pic.twitter.com/OFpHzLf0Gp</a></p>&mdash; Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) <a href="https://twitter.com/SorenPetro/status/925366746214748160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hoover
10-07-2019, 11:19 AM
He had an awful night.

Rain Man
10-07-2019, 11:24 AM
I'd praise him in the team meeting for at least getting his hands on something during the game.

Chief Roundup
10-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Ain't suspending him for a game. That would be stupid.

tyreekthefreak
You ever try doing behavior modification with a dog? Not obedience (that's pretty easy; simple compulsive training will largely do the trick there) but an actual behavior mod for something like resource guarding? Something where you aren't teaching but rather fundamentally altering a mindset.

The trick is that you absolutely cannot convince a dog who needs an underlying behavior mod that he's a bad dog; the outcomes are disasterous. You have to praise the holy shit out of them immediately after correcting them because if you don't, they'll just throw their hands (paws) up and say "well screw it, if I'm just a dick, might as well lean into it..." and all those negative behaviors will just get worse and worse. They'll close down and at best you'll get them to grumblingly stop doing what it is you said to stop doing only when you're watching and only when they think it's in their best interests. It doesn't actually alter the mindset.

Travis Kelce has made MASSIVE strides as a teammate and person over the last 2 years. I mean it's borderline miraculous how much he's matured. You go out there and slap him down, you're more likely to have him get to "well screw it, if I'm a bad dog, might as well be a bad dog..." and lose your gains.

Kelce had a bad moment in a rough night as part of a season that has to have been hard on him to this point. He's just getting mauled out there. But it says nothing about his development and maturation over the last few years. It was a bad moment for a guy that's become one of the best leaders and teammates on this squad.

He deserves a kangaroo court fine and a talking to, but to say that if you don't "send him a message" he'll get worse is folly. You don't come down hard on a guy who's made massive progress; you'll just make him wonder if the progress was worth it afterall. Acknowledge his gains, give him a bit of a scolding, then praise the holy shit out of everything he's done recently and get him ready to kick ass next Sunday so he can prove to himself that all the personal development he's done has been worthwhile.

What a load of shit! Kelce is not a dog, genius. He's a grown man who pushed his coach.....for whatever reason! Peters never got physical and he was run out of town.

If Reid doesn't do something it'll send the wrong message throughout the locker room. PLUS, you have to back your coach!!!

Damn man.....Kelce isn't 10 years old.

That's one of Reids problems...….no discipline as evidenced by poor execution and numerous penalties. I really hope someone is getting in these guys ears.....at the fucking least!

Chief Roundup
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Jaylon Ramsey yelled at a coach.

FYP

alpha_omega
10-07-2019, 11:29 AM
The same way you would handle any other player (whatever that is for Reid).

Frazod
10-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Exactly.

Mecca
10-07-2019, 11:49 AM
They aren't doing anything Reid said it was just football and they worked it out.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM
What a load of shit! Kelce is not a dog, genius. He's a grown man who pushed his coach.....for whatever reason! Peters never got physical and he was run out of town.

If Reid doesn't do something it'll send the wrong message throughout the locker room. PLUS, you have to back your coach!!!

Damn man.....Kelce isn't 10 years old.

That's one of Reids problems...….no discipline as evidenced by poor execution and numerous penalties. I really hope someone is getting in these guys ears.....at the fucking least!

Similar studies have been done on teenagers, the prison population and workforce productivity.

The control group is tougher to pin down (can't just throw a shock collar around a person's neck) but the results trend the same way. And when they start doing brainscans to corroborate the results, they seem to make sense. It's simply easier to break down in the context of dog training.

It's a relatively new area of study; about 4-5 years old. But you're trying to apply an intellectual reasoning to an emotional response. Yes, people and dogs are different, but emotionally they're closer than you realize (again, backed by brain mapping - you want to get a grant to study brains, apply it to the pet population and suddenly you're funded).

This is an emotional thing with Kelce. We know that to be the case because as soon as he cooled off, he was hugging it out with Bieniemy. He knew he'd made a mistake once he thought it through.

But when Kelce does stuff like this he ISN'T thinking it through. He's not making a calculated decision. So there's no sense in treating it like it is. At that point you have to appeal to emotional centers of the brain.

And the best way to do that isn't to come down hard on him - at all. In all reality, you'll likely just make the situation worse.

But you're welcome to continue ignoring things and being indignant over subject matter you haven't bothered to inform yourself on if you'd like. To each their own...

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 12:44 PM
I’ll take Bienemy in that fight.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2019, 12:48 PM
I’ll take Bienemy in that fight.

I would not.

Kelce will on occasion get ahold of NFL linebackers and actually throw them out of they way. Kelce ain't soft, brotha.

And then being 20 years younger, about 60 lbs of pure muscle heavier and having a massive reach advantage on account of being almost a foot taller....gents, Travis would kill that man.

xbarretx
10-07-2019, 12:56 PM
maybe he was just low on antifreeze?

dj56dt58
10-07-2019, 01:03 PM
If memory serves, most of the griping about Peters here and in Chiefs' Kingdom was about his piss poor tackling. That said, I will reserve any ire for Kelce until he shows up on the field without his socks. :thumb:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ1dk9oDsFI44Rq/source.gif

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"
"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."
"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."
"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peters had a great game with the two takeaways... but wasn’t real interested in tackling anyone. <a href="https://t.co/OFpHzLf0Gp">pic.twitter.com/OFpHzLf0Gp</a></p>&mdash; Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) <a href="https://twitter.com/SorenPetro/status/925366746214748160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF are half of our guys not even out of their pre-snap stance midplay? I wish we would have seen that Justin Houston last night

philfree
10-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Bieniemy was getting in his face which was the wrong thing to do. Kelce took it for a second then he didn't. Then they made up. Emotions got the better of both of them in a tense moment. Suspending Kelce would be just another emotional reaction.

BWillie
10-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Not a damn thing. They good now

That doesn't matter. If you don't punish if creates a culture of accountability.

He should be suspended one game or take one game check away from him.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-07-2019, 01:22 PM
This coach may just be the next HC of the Redksins

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In a recent conversation with someone who knows Dan Snyder well and is aware of his thoughts on potential next <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> head coaches that any list of candidates would include: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a> HC Mike Tomlin, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bucs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bucs</a> DC Todd Bowles, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> OC Eric Bieniemy.</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1181185219430363138?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Perineum Ripper
10-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Murder a member of Kelce’s family, send him a clear message.

Otter
10-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Nothing.

We have no idea the metrics of their relationship and they hugged it out.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 01:26 PM
I would probably call the Dolly Lamb a and ask for the sage advices.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
I disagree that the Chiefs should do anything. Kelces frustration looked to be about being way too tough on himself. Im not going to blame him for being too competitive. He seemed to lash out at bieniemy in an "I know I fucked up, I'm frustrated too" kinda way. Unless I hear otherwise I assume it's not a Marcus peters blowup.

I also don't want to talk about his antics in a prior life. He's matured a ton. He's not dancing around or doing that stuff.

morphius
10-07-2019, 01:31 PM
The problem is that the coach was getting up in his face and pushing his chest and shoulder into Kelce. Probably should be a talk to them both together to make sure they don't embarrass the team any more and give them both a warning.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Bieniemy was getting in his face which was the wrong thing to do. Kelce took it for a second then he didn't. Then they made up. Emotions got the better of both of them in a tense moment. Suspending Kelce would be just another emotional reaction.

Bieniemys gotta do that. He can't just let his players get away with losing focus and making mistakes. And Kelce had a right to be frustrated. I don't blame either of the two for how they handled it.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 01:33 PM
By the way, let's also talk about the leadership of mahomes. Mahomes kept throwing it to kelce. At one point kelce pointed at his chest as if to say thank you.

Marcellus
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
I think you have to fine him something and move on.

Iczer
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
I'd be more concerned if he kept it up. He fuking went over and hugged him later. Why is this an issue?

pugsnotdrugs19
10-07-2019, 01:36 PM
If Kelce did go out Saturday, he’s a fucking idiot who doesn’t deserve a Super Bowl.

Be a pro. And even if he didn’t, yes he should be fined. You can’t let your players know that it’s okay to shove coaches.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 01:46 PM
If Kelce did go out Saturday, he’s a ****ing idiot who doesn’t deserve a Super Bowl.

Be a pro. And even if he didn’t, yes he should be fined. You can’t let your players know that it’s okay to shove coaches.

I'd want to be really careful with that kind of accusation. I think he's frustrated because defenses are pretty much mauling him at the line. I feel like defenses are kind of getting away with murder. He had that same flustered and exhausted look at the end of Detroit too. He's not taking plays off. Hes arguably working twice as hard as anyone right now.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 01:46 PM
You tag him with a nominal fine, and Kelce apologizes to the team for putting his hands on a coach, and then you forget about it.

Football teams operate under a pack mentality, anyone who's been a part of one knows that. It's instinctual. There are alphas and Kelce is an alpha, but the coaches are the mentors (there's a proper name for this, but I can't remember it right now) of the pack. Kelce put his hands on a coach, which can't be tolerated. So you fine him $100 and have him apologize to the team, end of story. That sends the proper message to the young/new guys on the team, and it goes away.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 01:51 PM
I would let Kelce call the plays for the 1st quarter against the Texans.

digger
10-07-2019, 02:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LHrkO46ERP8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This came to mind watching last nights game, you know without all the puking...

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Dafuq?

Kelce was pretty much the only weapon we had who was nominally effective for most of the evening. He played just fine.

The problem was that the Colts eventually realized that they didn't really have to account for anyone else and threw everything they had at him to neutralize him. Even still he was busting his ass play in, play out.

There are a lot of places to lash out for yesterday's game but Kelce's not one of them. Did he show his ass a bit with Bieniemy? Yup. But he was among the only performing players we had between the lines yesterday. He was just fine.

He had 2 taken out of his hands he could have held on to. He seemed slow and just not with it.

Stryker
10-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Nothing.

We have no idea the metrics of their relationship and they hugged it out.

This. I thought the same thing last night watching the game.

tatorhog
10-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Too many happy birthday texts after Sherman tweeted out his number.

Kelce isn't rocking the 316, that was Blake Bell's number.

tatorhog
10-07-2019, 03:02 PM

He just looked slow. Not just running, but everything. His reaction time just wasn't what I'm used to seeing. Looked like a dude in need of a handful of Tylenol and a jug of Gatorade or pickle juice or something.

jerryaldini
10-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Would love to know what Bienemy said to him that set him off.

poolboy
10-07-2019, 03:08 PM
probably take care of the ball?

He was tired of getting beat up

R8RFAN
10-07-2019, 03:10 PM
1 game check + 1 game benched...

This should not go unpunished regardless... This is how NFL player's turn into AB's

jerryaldini
10-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Get him a safe space to go to when he feels offended

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Similar studies have been done on teenagers, the prison population and workforce productivity.

The control group is tougher to pin down (can't just throw a shock collar around a person's neck) but the results trend the same way. And when they start doing brainscans to corroborate the results, they seem to make sense. It's simply easier to break down in the context of dog training.

It's a relatively new area of study; about 4-5 years old. But you're trying to apply an intellectual reasoning to an emotional response. Yes, people and dogs are different, but emotionally they're closer than you realize (again, backed by brain mapping - you want to get a grant to study brains, apply it to the pet population and suddenly you're funded).

This is an emotional thing with Kelce. We know that to be the case because as soon as he cooled off, he was hugging it out with Bieniemy. He knew he'd made a mistake once he thought it through.

But when Kelce does stuff like this he ISN'T thinking it through. He's not making a calculated decision. So there's no sense in treating it like it is. At that point you have to appeal to emotional centers of the brain.

And the best way to do that isn't to come down hard on him - at all. In all reality, you'll likely just make the situation worse.

But you're welcome to continue ignoring things and being indignant over subject matter you haven't bothered to inform yourself on if you'd like. To each their own...

Thank you! I'd rather be indignant than believe the psycho babble you're spewing!

Telling him to sit the first couple series against Houston isn't going to make Kelce turn into some crazed madman! A werewolf! Ted Bundy!

It may just give him food for thought the next time he gets frustrated. He didn't snap at a coach...he pushed a coach. How commonplace is that?

DJ's left nut
10-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Thank you! I'd rather be indignant than believe the psycho babble you're spewing!

Telling him to sit the first couple series against Houston isn't going to make Kelce turn into some crazed madman! A werewolf! Ted Bundy!

It may just give him food for thought the next time he gets frustrated. He didn't snap at a coach...he pushed a coach. How commonplace is that?

If you don't know the difference between 'psychobabble' and behavioral studies that are supported by actual brain mapping, I don't know what to tell ya. Is an x-ray saying your arm is broken just witchcraft in your world?

Like I said - to each their own. For the intellectually curious, there's a lot of information to be found in this field.

For you...well there's always reality television and daytime talk shows.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 03:45 PM

The thing is, I don't think he lashed out because he hates the playcalling. It looks like he was being really really tough on himself. I know you're not, but some compare this to peters or AB behavior and I just don't see that. I saw a guy who feels like he let his team down. That's not something I want to punish too much on.

suzzer99
10-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Btw Bienemy was right to bench Shady after the fumble. That was either a selfish play or he's pressing because we're sputtering on offense. He has to know he's in traffic and someone could be coming from the right. He's thinking end zone there. Just cover up and take the nice gain.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Btw Bienemy was right to bench Shady after the fumble. That was either a selfish play or he's pressing because we're sputtering on offense. He has to know he's in traffic and someone could be coming from the right. He's thinking end zone there. Just cover up and take the nice gain.

Yeah, it was so right, that it may have cost us the game. Shady was by far the most productive back we had on the field last night.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Yeah, it was so right, that it may have cost us the game. Shady was by far the most productive back we had on the field last night.

Yup it was a mistake to take him out and sit him.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2019, 04:13 PM

Benching a 31 year old vet that averages 2 fumbles a year for his first fumble this season was retarded.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 04:30 PM
The two most productive offensive skill players on the field last night were Kelce and Shady. Also, our two most experienced offensive players. Exactly the kind of guys that can make a difference in a dogfight kind of game like last night. And we took one of them off the field (don't know exactly why or who exactly made that call). And Shady was actually being pretty productive up to that point.

That left Kelce out there by himself for the Colts to focus on. I haven't watched the Coach's film yet, but I bet they beat Kelce down for the rest of the game.

RedRaider56
10-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Listening to Reid's press conference today, doesn't sound like anything will happen with Kelce. It's an emotional game and stuff like that happens, is what he said

Buehler445
10-07-2019, 05:06 PM

If it were me, I’d just ask Bienemy how he wanted to handle it.

tyreekthefreak
10-07-2019, 05:17 PM
If you don't know the difference between 'psychobabble' and behavioral studies that are supported by actual brain mapping, I don't know what to tell ya. Is an x-ray saying your arm is broken just witchcraft in your world?

Like I said - to each their own. For the intellectually curious, there's a lot of information to be found in this field.

For you...well there's always reality television and daytime talk shows.

Hey Doc....blow me!

stevieray
10-07-2019, 06:42 PM
About damn time we see some fire on our sideline.

Both of these guys want a SB. Expectations are high, for each other and themselves.

The hug out validates a good relationship.

I have no doubt these guys are close.

Reid obviously would know if EB thought consequences were applicable.

Water under the bridge, IMO.

Easy 6
10-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Double nothingburger with bacon, cheese and all the veggies

-King-
10-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Lol fumbles happen. That didn't happen because LeSean was "selfish" lol. What does that even mean? He just didn't know someone was coming up behind him. It happens. He's one of the most surehanded RBs in the league. No reason he shouldn't have had a lot more carries and catches last night.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Kelce just wanted to show EB his hands still worked.

stumppy
10-07-2019, 07:17 PM
The two most productive offensive skill players on the field last night were Kelce and Shady. Also, our two most experienced offensive players. Exactly the kind of guys that can make a difference in a dogfight kind of game like last night. And we took one of them off the field (don't know exactly why or who exactly made that call). And Shady was actually being pretty productive up to that point.

That left Kelce out there by himself for the Colts to focus on. I haven't watched the Coach's film yet, but I bet they beat Kelce down for the rest of the game.

What game were you watching? McCoy had 2/23yrds rec. and a total of ZERO yards rushing on ZERO attempts. He was on the field for what? 4 or 5 plays?

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Would love to know what Bienemy said to him that set him off.

"If you don't get your shit together, everyone will be on Chiefsplanet tomorrow blaming the offense for this shit show, when you and I both know that fucking defense is like sieve that couldn't stop my grandma from getting a 12 yard gain on 1st down..."

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 07:23 PM
What game were you watching? McCoy had 2/23yrds rec. and a total of ZERO yards rushing on ZERO attempts. He was on the field for what? 4 or 5 plays?

Tops.

Megatron96
10-07-2019, 07:38 PM

As I said, up to that point. Shady had two catches for 23 yds. Damien had two for 15, Darrel had zip for zip.

And it's not Shady's fault that he didn't get a carry.

Further, he's by far been the most productive RB for the Chiefs this entire season. Averaging 5.4yds/carry vs. Damien's 1.8yds/carry and Darrel's 4.4yds/carry.

Based on his productivity this season alone, Shady should've been the featured back last night. Instead, they sat him for some reason in the first half.

rabblerouser
10-07-2019, 08:27 PM
As I said, up to that point. Shady had two catches for 23 yds. Damien had two for 15, Darrel had zip for zip.

Further, he's by far been the most productive RB for the Chiefs this entire season. Averaging 5.4yds/carry vs. Damien's 1.8yds/carry and Darrel's 4.4yds/carry.

Based on his productivity this season alone, Shady should've been the featured back last night. Instead, they sat him for some reason in the first half.

Agreed.

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 08:39 PM
About damn time we see some fire on our sideline.

Both of these guys want a SB. Expectations are high, for each other and themselves.

The hug out validates a good relationship.

I have no doubt these guys are close.

Reid obviously would know if EB thought consequences were applicable.

Water under the bridge, IMO.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191008/ae9515c2ee87c3c82a65147e0b28c107.jpg

DTVietnam
10-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Seems like the same people wanting hill cut this summer want kelce to be fined or suspended..it was 2 men frustrated..kelce is a leader and wants to win..shit happens..his emotion has been driving this team all year..

DTVietnam
10-07-2019, 09:25 PM

I disagree..Damien should be the guy..when used properly like the end of last season..Andy's love for shady might hurt this offense

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 09:47 PM
I disagree..Damien should be the guy..when used properly like the end of last season..Andy's love for shady might hurt this offense

I think there's a reason we moved away from him. He is a receiving back, not a rb who catches passes. As long as defenses are loading up the middle to create pressure and our OL creating no lanes, he's not good for that. He seems to only have success when defenses ignore him and that's not what we need right now.

gold_and_red
10-07-2019, 09:55 PM
If Kelce is so emotional when the offense is playing like ass I wonder how he and the offense view the defense.

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Eric had every right to tell Kelce to pull his head out and concentrate/focus catching the ball and ball security. Good for Eric and Kelce knew it and he knew he was in the wrong and why he hugged him.

This team like the Browns to some extent have read too many of their own pre-season press clippings thinking teams are just going to lay down because they are just way too offensively talented.:rolleyes:

Still gotta play the game!!!:hmmm:

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:01 PM
RBs don't mean a hill of beans until we actually block somebody creating lanes and especially pass block to protect Pat so he can complete passes so the defense softens up the box so we can run. What is the common denominator here for a good pass and run game ? Yes a good nasty o-line which we do not have!!!:mad:

SDChiefs
10-07-2019, 10:02 PM

This.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Eric had every right to tell Kelce to pull his head out and concentrate/focus catching the ball and ball security. Good for Eric and Kelce knew it and he knew he was in the wrong and why he hugged him.

This team like the Browns to some extent have read too many of their own pre-season press clippings thinking teams are just going to lay down because they are just way too offensively talented.:rolleyes:

I really don't agree with that. Mahomes is pissed. Kelce is being really really tough on himself. It's not a lack of effort. It's poor execution from backups on offense. On defense, it's often poor effort but that doesn't strike me as being overconfident considering how much everyone shit on them in the offseason.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 10:08 PM
I really don't know where people are getting that kelce is upset about the offense or the coaches. He's angry at himself. Watch him punch the ground after his drops. The guy is putting too much pressure on himself and he feels like he's letting his teammates down. It is extremely selfless, not selfish. Sitting him doesn't fix anything. The best idea, and it's what we did, is feed him the ball to give him his confidence back. You could see the look of relief when kelce caught one and he pointed back to mahomes as a thank you.

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Kelce is being really really tough on himself. It's not a lack of effort.

I don't care how tough he was on himself and yes it was a lack of effort. You see part of that effort is also concentrating catching the ball and protecting it when the going is tough. Yes he was physical and thats great BUT you still have to concentrate/focus doing the little things which are HUGE!! He didn't do that and Eric crawled up his ass as he should have.;)

Chiefshrink
10-07-2019, 10:24 PM
The best idea, and it's what we did, is feed him the ball to give him his confidence back. You could see the look of relief when kelce caught one and he pointed back to mahomes as a thank you.

We even stopped doing that as the game went on. Why? He was our only real offensive weapon they had no answer for but.........:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2019, 10:26 PM
I don't care how tough he was on himself and yes it was a lack of effort. You see part of that effort is also concentrating catching the ball and protecting it. Yes he was physical and thats great BUT you still have to concentrate/focus doing the little things which are HUGE!! He didn't do that and Eric crawled up his ass as he should have.;)

I don't blame bieniemy for chewing him out. I just don't agree with people (not you) blaming it on laziness or hangovers. His lack of concentration is from trying too hard. It has to be corrected, but let's also be glad he's that much of a team player that he gets that angry about letting his team down.

JakeF
10-07-2019, 10:54 PM
25k fine, tell him to keep his cool. Move on.

I assume that's close to the way the team handles this kind of crap. Don't make it a huge deal but you need to do something.

kjwood75nro
10-07-2019, 11:04 PM
I'd feel better if it was Andy Reid he was putting hands on.

Only if it would give him the kind of wakeup call that prevents him from making basic clock management/playcall mistakes (or delegating it to some high schooler who can do it better), and maybe motivates him to give just a bit of a fuck about defense as befits a HC (like you-know-who).

And the next "coach" answer he gives at press conferences, Mahomes gets to kick both his ankles.

And no more KC food, fatass. Coffee is for closers.

Megatron96
10-09-2019, 03:55 AM
25k fine, tell him to keep his cool. Move on.

I assume that's close to the way the team handles this kind of crap. Don't make it a huge deal but you need to do something.

25k fine? That’s massive. That’s the kind of weight you get when you do a Burfict and get flagged for an illegal hit.

He barely pushed EB. Certainly didn’t throw him to the ground or anything.

srvy
10-09-2019, 05:10 AM

Yep after the shit show with the Lions coaches were probably told to preach ball security. Erich is fiery to so when Kelce who is equally fiery took it wrong he snapped a bit. If there was a fine we wont know it but wouldn't surprise me if he misses a snap at start of game.

wazu
10-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Kinda surprised this isn’t a big story this week. Seems largely ignored both nationally and locally.

T-post Tom
10-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce told reporters Wednesday that he regretted shoving offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy on the sideline Sunday night as the team was in the midst of suffering its first loss of the season.

"I mean, we're good," Kelce said.

"We've moved on as a team from last game. Me and Coach Bieniemy have a very close relationship. I love him. He's helped me out tremendously as a person, as a professional, and I'm sure he'll keep doing that throughout the rest of my career.

"Just what happened on the sideline, sometimes in football you get a little heated with your brothers or your coaches. Sometimes you've just got to rally the family together and let everybody know that we're in this together to win a game.

During the second quarter of the Chiefs' 19-13 loss to the visiting Indianapolis Colts, NBC cameras caught Kelce and Bieniemy talking before Kelce shoved the coach as he appeared to grow irritated.

The two were then separated, with offensive guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif pulling Kelce away, and offensive tackle Cam Erving grabbing Bieniemy. Afterward, the cameras showed an image of the tight end and coach hugging.

"He's like a father figure, in terms of being there for me on the field," Kelce said, according to ESPN.

"We're wired a little bit the same when it comes to our competitive edge. ... It's something immediately I regretted and I just wanted to make it good and let him know that, 'You know what? I'm ready to rock and roll for you."

Owning your mistakes? Love me some Kelce.

https://sports-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/kelce-expresses-regret-over-shoving-003553240.html?usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15706688365152&amp_ct=1570669073235&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

staylor26
10-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Make them fight

jerryaldini
10-09-2019, 08:55 PM
If the handie or even double handie was consensual I'd be down with it

"I broke off my route too early, so I gave coach a discreet handie on the sideline and we were good"

Chiefshrink
10-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Benching a 31 year old vet that averages 2 fumbles a year for his first fumble this season was retarded.

Not if Reid told him not to carry the ball like that anymore prior to the game. He almost lost it in Det and I'm sure Reid said something to him.

BigCatDaddy
10-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Not if Reid told him not to carry the ball like that anymore prior to the game. He almost lost it in Det and I'm sure Reid said something to him.

Link to Reid saying something?

Rain Man
10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
The funny thing is that the two dropped catches weren't really Kelce's fault. Both time the defenders made really good plays to strip the ball out before he could secure it.

Megatron96
10-09-2019, 10:10 PM
The funny thing is that the two dropped catches weren't really Kelce's fault. Both time the defenders made really good plays to strip the ball out before he could secure it.

The first one he should've caught, IMO. The defender really had no shot at it when it hit Kelce's hands; he simply bobbled it a bit and didn't have it secured as he brought his hands down, which is when the defender managed to pop it out of there.

But Kelce is human, so I don't blame him. But I bet if Pat threw the exact same pass to Kelce 100 times, he'd snatch it out of the air perfectly 90 times. And I bet he'd tell you the same thing.

Well, he might say 99 times.

TinyEvel
10-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Demitrius Harris did this last season but the coach slipped through his hands so it was no big deal.

loochy
10-10-2019, 08:17 AM

Carry the ball like what? He had it tucked when he fumbled.

Megatron96
10-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Carry the ball like what? He had it tucked when he fumbled.

When I was in high school it was called "high and tight" by my coaches. I guess now they call it "6 points of contact."

https://coachmikereed.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/6-pressure-points-of-contact-for-ball-security/

At the moment the defender punched the ball out, technically Shady had the ball held lower, closer to his lower ribs/abdomen. Most of the time not a big difference, but bad luck bit Shady in the ass right there.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2019, 01:17 PM
When I was in high school it was called "high and tight" by my coaches. I guess now they call it "6 points of contact."

https://coachmikereed.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/6-pressure-points-of-contact-for-ball-security/

At the moment the defender punched the ball out, technically Shady had the ball held lower, closer to his lower ribs/abdomen. Most of the time not a big difference, but bad luck bit Shady in the ass right there.

What happens if a defender goes for a full punch and misses the ball. With the trend of defenders doing this more and more, there has to be some kind of penalty if you miss, right?

Megatron96
10-10-2019, 01:22 PM
What happens if a defender goes for a full punch and misses the ball. With the trend of defenders doing this more and more, there has to be some kind of penalty if you miss, right?

Why would missing the ball initiate a penalty?

T-post Tom
10-10-2019, 06:45 PM
On Thursday, Bieniemy was asked by a reporter if a line was crossed when Kelce put his hands on his coach.

Of course,” Bieniemy said. “It goes without saying. When it’s all said and done with, we keep moving. Travis is a helluva kid, a great kid, a beautiful kid. Those things happen. We continue to roll.”

Head coach Andy Reid offered a similar sentiment on Monday. “That’s football,” he said. “It’s an emotional environment. Travis had a potential couple of fumbles going on. ... He was mad at himself, and EB got after him a little bit. Those things happen, but it all worked out all right afterwards.”