PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I don't wanna hear any bitching when we draft fat boys early...

Red Dawg
10-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Mahomes is everything. He needs a stud OL. No more complaining about fat boys.
He's getting beat the hell up.

Megatron96
10-08-2019, 08:44 PM
A long time ago I watched an interview with some HOF coach that said, "never draft guards. Draft tackles across the board. Tackles are always better athletes, and usually smarter. You can always take the smaller/less mobile ones and turn them into guards."

Always seemed like solid advice to me.

ThaVirus
10-08-2019, 08:48 PM
At this point I truly believe Pat could excel with any receiver/RB combo as long as the line gives him time. Obviously having guys like Hill and Kelce help, but I won't complain one bit if we draft multiple fatties in our first three or four picks. You've gotta protect the goods.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Quinton Nelson says ‘hi’.

ThaVirus
10-08-2019, 08:49 PM
At the same time, we've been getting by with trash heap/low draft picks for years now. The issue this year is injury (Fish) and normally great players sucking absolute shit (Schwartz).

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Mitchell? He's been fucking HORRIBLE the past couple weeks.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Make a souffle out of poop a few times. People will feel it's their right, you do it all the time

-King-
10-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Yep. This board has been on the anti-"fatty" train but we're seeing how that can end up this season. I'd an all OL/DL/LB draft next year and fill in the rest of the spots in FA. We need some Quinton Nelsons in a bad way.

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if they take a CB in the first but yeah the lines will need to be addressed in FA and the draft

-King-
10-08-2019, 08:58 PM
At the same time, we've been getting by with trash heap/low draft picks for years now. The issue this year is injury (Fish) and normally great players sucking absolute shit (Schwartz).

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Mitchell? He's been fucking HORRIBLE the past couple weeks.

Our guards and center haven't been good for a while. LDT is a decent guard but that's about it and add to the fact that he hasn't played a full season since 2016, it makes him a liability. In hindsight, maybe we should have made Rodney Hudson the highest paid center instead of going the Morse/Reiter route.

Rain Man
10-08-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm in line with this thinking. I want a praetorium guard surrounding Mr. Mahomes that does not allow any riffraff within 8 yards of his esteemed presence. Draft them high and let him throw from within their wall.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2019, 09:10 PM
gimme the fat boys

and free mahomes

i wanna get lost

and see touchdowns roll

Mr_Tomahawk
10-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Time to protect the goods the next 15 years.

kcclone
10-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Protect your #1 asset. It would be insane not to.

Defense is another way to protect Pat. If we can field a solid D, and have a good OL to protect him, he’ll find ways to win games when it counts.

srvy
10-08-2019, 09:15 PM
A long time ago I watched an interview with some HOF coach that said, "never draft guards. Draft tackles across the board. Tackles are always better athletes, and usually smarter. You can always take the smaller/less mobile ones and turn them into guards."

Always seemed like solid advice to me.

You owe Will Shields an apology.

stevieray
10-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Not from me.

Pat would put up 50 with that Colts Oline.

Chief Roundup
10-08-2019, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if they take a CB in the first but yeah the lines will need to be addressed in FA and the draft

FA will be limited to signing our own. We won't keep them all and should not but there is some money in that list that will eat up most of the available FA dollars.
Mahomes
Jones
Chad Henne
LeSean McCoy
Darron Lee
Xavier Williams
Morris Claiborne
Bashaud Breeland
Emmanuel Ogbah
Reggie Ragland
Matt Moore
Anthony Sherman
Blake Bell
Keith Reaser
Kendall Fuller
Demarcus Robinson
Marcus Kemp
Andrew Wylie
Deon Yelder

Titty Meat
10-08-2019, 09:24 PM
FA will be limited to signing our own. We won't keep them all and should not but there is some money in that list that will eat up most of the available FA dollars.
Mahomes
Jones
Chad Henne
LeSean McCoy
Darron Lee
Xavier Williams
Morris Claiborne
Bashaud Breeland
Emmanuel Ogbah
Reggie Ragland
Matt Moore
Anthony Sherman
Blake Bell
Keith Reaser
Kendall Fuller
Demarcus Robinson
Marcus Kemp
Andrew Wylie
Deon Yelder

I dont see alot of the guys on the list that will be back next year and you can do Mahomes deal to where it doesnt impact the cap too much the first few years.

ThaVirus
10-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Our guards and center haven't been good for a while. LDT is a decent guard but that's about it and add to the fact that he hasn't played a full season since 2016, it makes him a liability. In hindsight, maybe we should have made Rodney Hudson the highest paid center instead of going the Morse/Reiter route.

LG and C have been weak for years now.

I'm saying it hasn't been such a major issue until now and that's mainly due to Fisher's injury and Schwartz playing like shit.

When the band's all healthy and playing together we've got plus starters at LT, RG and RT. We're currently only getting above league average starter production from one man on our entire OL.

Chief Roundup
10-08-2019, 09:36 PM
I dont see alot of the guys on the list that will be back next year and you can do Mahomes deal to where it doesnt impact the cap too much the first few years.

Mahomes and Jones will eat up a chunk.
We should probably consider keeping at least one of Breeland, Fuller, Reaser or Claiborne. I won't be surprised if they want to keep either Moore or Henne. Ogbah looks like he needs to be resigned. Kemp should be kept as our ST have looked like shit without him. Wylie should be kept, mainly for depth and Yelder or Bell would likely be brought back as well. If not their FA replacements will be about the same in price. The rest will be replaced with other cheap FA, which is not generally an upgrade.

stevieray
10-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Jones will eat up a chunk.

Who likes to disappear in big games from injuries.

Chief Roundup
10-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Who is our best DL.

FYP

Naptown Chief
10-08-2019, 09:40 PM
I want all the fatties. If we draft nothing but fatties for 10 years I'd be happy. Fat RBs, fat FBs, fat TEs, fat WRs, fat LBs. Make every player aside from Mahomes, Hill and our secondary fat. Fuck it, the secondary can be fat too faic. Fatties blocking for fatties running the ball. A screen pass to Hill with 9 fatties blocking for him. Waterboys- fat. Training staff- fat. Cheerleaders are already ugly, so they can be fat too...

Hammock Parties
10-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Who likes to disappear in big games from injuries.

Yep.

One sack in five games.

He's not getting paid.

Simply Red
10-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Shut TF up!

Naptown Chief
10-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Shut TF up!

Not nice :(

Simply Red
10-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Not nice :(

It really wasn't.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2019, 09:50 PM
As I said a King Carl special including a RB if the upgrade outweighs other prospects of need considering we'll be drafting at the bottom half of the rounds

Naptown Chief
10-08-2019, 09:54 PM
It really wasn't.

Much nicer :)

RunKC
10-08-2019, 10:07 PM
DT and interior OL have to be focal points this spring.

I’d also like to see a true ground and pound RB. Kareem Hunt’s are hard to find, but I’d settle for Spencer Ware pre injury.

OKchiefs
10-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Quit drafting fat fuck losers like Speaks

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2019, 10:21 PM
The only reason people were anti-fatties was because of the QB situation for years. Going True Fan to protect a game manager is dumb.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2019, 10:53 PM
DT and interior OL have to be focal points this spring.

I’d also like to see a true ground and pound RB. Kareem Hunt’s are hard to find, but I’d settle for Spencer Ware pre injury.

Johnathan Taylor will be the guy to be looking at in round 2 or 3

crayzkirk
10-08-2019, 11:59 PM
I agree totally. quit giving away draft picks and rebuild the lines. I am no football expert however I can see that both lines are getting dominated and it's difficult to be productive on offense with defensive players in the backfield all the time.

Chargem
10-09-2019, 12:31 AM
The good (?) news is like 8 starters on D this year are back next year, so you don't have to go hard on defense in the draft and there's scope to take an Oline guy in the 2nd round or something.

T-post Tom
10-09-2019, 01:28 AM
Bitching? On CP? Balderdash.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 01:39 AM
The good (?) news is like 8 starters on D this year are back next year, so you don't have to go hard on defense in the draft and there's scope to take an Oline guy in the 2nd round or something.

Just depending who's available, I could see an interior linemen in the 1st

New World Order
10-09-2019, 02:03 AM
Bitching? On CP? Balderdash.

Bitching is part of the fun

xztop123
10-09-2019, 02:08 AM
Before it was petellar tears now it’s groin muscle tears. Is this training staff competent?

stevieray
10-09-2019, 04:37 AM
FYP

ouch!

don't put salt in the wound!

Hoover
10-09-2019, 04:44 AM
CBs in the first. Fatties in the 2nd and 3rd

threebag
10-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Sacc loved him some fatties. RIP

morphius
10-09-2019, 05:26 AM
My biggest problem with drafting lineman in the first was that we were not getting very good talent out of those lineman. You draft me a Shields in the first, and i would never complain, even if he is an interior lineman.

threebag
10-09-2019, 05:28 AM
Too bad Willie Roafs didn’t grow on trees

Coochie liquor
10-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Guarantee Brisket wouldn’t be near as good playing behind our line. Put Pat behind Colts line?? Fireworks, baby!!

DRM08
10-09-2019, 05:41 AM
At this point I truly believe Pat could excel with any receiver/RB combo as long as the line gives him time. Obviously having guys like Hill and Kelce help, but I won't complain one bit if we draft multiple fatties in our first three or four picks. You've gotta protect the goods.

I think it’s true. Give Mahomes time to sit back there and make plays. He will make a ton of plays if you give him time. Pringle, D-Rob, Albert Wilson are examples of this with Mahomes.

RedRaider56
10-09-2019, 06:02 AM
I think it’s true. Give Mahomes time to sit back there and make plays. He will make a ton of plays if you give him time. Pringle, D-Rob, Albert Wilson are examples of this with Mahomes.

exactly. Can you imagine what Mahomes would be like if he had the Cowboys OL in front of him? Whoaa Nellie....That would be something to watch

loochy
10-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Too bad Willie Roafs didn’t grow on trees

The trees would crack and fall over. Perhaps Roafs grow on vines instead.

Prison Bitch
10-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Yep. This board has been on the anti-"fatty" train but we're seeing how that can end up this season. I'd an all OL/DL/LB draft next year aay.

We just got Frank Clark

dj56dt58
10-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Thats exactly what we should do..we bitched before because we wanted a franchise qb..now we have one and should be drafting lineman to protect him. I'm convinced no matter who coaches or plays on D it's going to be a steaming pile of garbage so might as well score every possession

dj56dt58
10-09-2019, 06:23 AM
We just got Frank Clark

Hadn't noticed

KChiefs1
10-09-2019, 06:28 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191009/ce01906a41ca6edbdde6dfc633f1da73.jpg

58-4ever
10-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Having Waters there last game had me dreaming of what Pat would do with the O-Line that Priest ran behind... they'd put up 70/game.

scho63
10-09-2019, 06:54 AM
We need to draft Haystacks Calhoun and Gorilla Monsoon plus a few sumo wrestlers.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e6/f1/7f/e6f17f92956ba42990205c5169b3ab8f.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Size_mismatch_%283973782100%29.jpg

Johnny Vegas
10-09-2019, 07:51 AM
I was able to trade for Quenton Nelson for 2 2nds on Madden. GET ER DONE VEACH

bowener
10-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Hypothetically, what could the Chiefs get for Chris Jones if they tag and trade him? He still seems to not give a shit about stopping the run.

DJ's left nut
10-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Yep. This board has been on the anti-"fatty" train but we're seeing how that can end up this season. I'd an all OL/DL/LB draft next year and fill in the rest of the spots in FA. We need some Quinton Nelsons in a bad way.

There have been reasons to be anti-fatty.

I mean for years it was just because it was always a fatty in lieu of a quarterback. That problem is now gone.

Now it's not necessarily 'anti-fatty' as much as it was people really wanting to see the secondary addressed; or the defense writ large.

I'm kinda of the mind that you should handle OL a lot like WR and CB - you try to take one of those guys every year and 2 of them if possible. The development curve on OL is awfully long so you really need to have one in the organization at least a year before you think you'll need him.

But at this point I think you have essentially zero 'anti-fatty' people left. The reasons for not wanting one, even when you had a lot of people against it, were never that they didn't want the OL talent. It's because they wanted other things more. And come next year's draft, you'll still have people who want CBs and DL ahead of OL. They're not necessarily wrong but they also won't flip shit if you take an OL early either.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Most teams don't have high draft picks at back up LT and back up LG.

I think it's annoying the Patriots can insert any clownshoe into their OL and make it work but KC gets an injury and it's a goddamn hit parade on the QB.

That's not just an OL issue. When your left side is hurt, maybe calling a pass on every ****ing down in a 1 score game is a dumb strategy. The game plan and lack of adjustments did him no favors and the OL was put in a terrible spot being asked to pass protect on every play.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 10:18 AM

I mean for years it was just because it was always a fatty in lieu of a quarterback. That problem is now gone.

Now it's not necessarily 'anti-fatty' as much as it was people really wanting to see the secondary addressed; or the defense writ large.

I'm kinda of the mind that you should handle OL a lot like WR and CB - you try to take one of those guys every year and 2 of them if possible. The development curve on OL is awfully long so you really need to have one in the organization at least a year before you think you'll need him.

But at this point I think you have essentially zero 'anti-fatty' people left. The reasons for not wanting one, even when you had a lot of people against it, were never that they didn't want the OL talent. It's because they wanted other things more. And come next year's draft, you'll still have people who want CBs and DL ahead of OL. They're not necessarily wrong but they also won't flip shit if you take an OL early either.

Exactly true. I don't think anyone will be demanding a first round QB for a while. XD

KC's got some good starting tackles, but our interior OL needs a talent infusion. The back ups need to play better, and fat andy needs to realize when you're using a bunch of back ups who can't pass protect, maybe call a run or two. Get some play action going. Maybe drop back passing 40 times isn't a good idea with back up linemen. This wasn't a shoot-out. There was no reason for Andy to put Mahomes in this much danger. It was rather insane, and he's the one who should be taking most of the heat.

I don't think people are being critical enough of what an impossible position our back up OL and Mahomes were put in. Andy's been in the NFL for three decades. He benched McCoy for the Fumble and then abandoned the run because Damien Williams has been WORTHLESS this season.

ChiTown
10-09-2019, 10:21 AM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8VrtCswiLDNnO/giphy.gif

Chief Roundup
10-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Hypothetically, what could the Chiefs get for Chris Jones if they tag and trade him? He still seems to not give a shit about stopping the run.

An even bigger hole on the interior DL and even less pass rush.
The team is not worried about stopping the run. Look at the personnel packages. They are willing to give up running yards.

VAChief
10-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Quinton Nelson says ‘hi’.

After passing Will Shields in the hallway.

BWillie
10-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Our line is banged up right now, but we didn't do any favors for Patrick in the last game. Seemed like almost all of our routes were too deep when your line is getting blown up. Probably was a game we should have implemented some shorter passes, gadget plays, and screens more often so Pat doesn't have to hold the ball as long.

saphojunkie
10-09-2019, 11:58 AM
We have been anti-fatty for years, because we knew we needed to pull the trigger on a QB, not just draft the "safe guy."

Well, now we need to draft the safe guy. As in, the guy who will keep our franchise QB safe.

Would a single one of us be pissed if they had traded up to #6 overall and got Quentin Nelson? Draft a guard in the first. Draft a center in the first. I don't care.

Protect Mahomes at all costs.

Chargem
10-09-2019, 12:02 PM
We have been anti-fatty for years, because we knew we needed to pull the trigger on a QB, not just draft the "safe guy."

Well, now we need to draft the safe guy. As in, the guy who will keep our franchise QB safe.

Would a single one of us be pissed if they had traded up to #6 overall and got Quentin Nelson? Draft a guard in the first. Draft a center in the first. I don't care.

We didn't have our own first that year right, so trading up for Nelson would have been literally insane... I get your point though.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:13 PM

It was always because 'Draft an OL' was kind of a way of making excuses for sub par QB play.

"It's not his fault, his protection is terrible." is a common excuse for bad or mediocre QB play.

It's pretty obvious when your QB is getting hit 125 times a game, and a lot more alarming when your QB is the best player on earth.