PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Patrick Mahomes ' Ankle Injury

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 11:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes on his injured left ankle: &quot;I actually feel pretty good today.&quot; Says he was sore after the game, and admits it&#39;s not perfect. But he feels he can run and cut and do what needs to do in the pocket.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1181980778097496065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
10-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Don't worry.....soon we will be hit with everyone that works for 610...Danan Hughes and Terez Paylor all saying his ankle is really fucked up and they're lying about it...

Heard this shit 2 days ago.

staylor26
10-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Don't worry.....soon we will be hit with everyone that works for 610...Danan Hughes and Terez Paylor all saying his ankle is really fucked up and they're lying about it...

Heard this shit 2 days ago.

Terez said that?

-King-
10-09-2019, 11:31 AM
I mean what else would he say? "Man my ankle is really fucked up, I can barely walk or run on it"

Mecca
10-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Terez said that?

Yep he was on 610 talking about ankle sprains and said Mahomes wouldn't be fine till after the season was over and they are lying to us about the severity. Basically saying he's really fucked up but they won't admit it.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Yep he was on 610 talking about ankle sprains and said Mahomes wouldn't be fine till after the season was over and they are lying to us about the severity. Basically saying he's really fucked up but they won't admit it.

If true, KC will build an O-Line that'll rival

Roaf-Waters-Wiegmann-Shields-Tait/Welbourne

In58men
10-09-2019, 11:40 AM
I mean what else would he say? "Man my ankle is really ****ed up, I can barely walk or run on it"

Watkins would say exactly this.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Watkins would say exactly this.

Berry: it's the Spirit, and it's hard to explain

TLO
10-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Yep he was on 610 talking about ankle sprains and said Mahomes wouldn't be fine till after the season was over and they are lying to us about the severity. Basically saying he's really ****ed up but they won't admit it.

If Mahomes ankle was actually severely injured, there's a 0% chance he'd be playing. This man will be playing QB here for 15 more years (hopefully). They aren't going to jeopardize his future playing him if he's badly hurt.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 11:47 AM
If true, KC will build an O-Line that'll rival

Roaf-Waters-Wiegmann-Shields-Tait/Welbourne

You'll never see a left tackle the calibur of Roaf again.

Not because of talent, but because Ol's just don't get enough practice at their craft anymore.

The best team OL in the NFL right now is a mediocre team OL 15 years ago. Modern Offensive line play is cringe inducing.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 11:48 AM
If Mahomes ankle was actually severely injured, there's a 0% chance he'd be playing. This man will be playing QB here for 15 more years (hopefully). They aren't going to jeopardize his future playing him if he's badly hurt.

Especially with Steinberg negotiating a 200 million contract with Veach

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Not because of talent, but because Ol's just don't get enough practice at their craft anymore.

The best team OL in the NFL right now is a mediocre team OL 15 years ago. Modern Offensive line play is cringe inducing.

The idea is KC will throw every resource possible to have the best OL in league. Andy encouraged Ballard to draft Nelson in the 1st to protect Luck. " Do anything you can to protect him"

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 11:56 AM
The idea is KC will throw every resource possible to have the best OL in league. Andy encouraged Ballard to draft Nelson in the 1st to protect Luck. " Do anything you can to protect him"

KC's OL is only terrible right now because of our awful back up players and Reid being unwilling to protect his injured OL and QB with playcalling.

Instead he hands the ball off to a guy who hasn't had a 5 yard run all season, gives up because ineffective RB is ineffective, and asks Mahomes to drop back pass 40 times.

Even a good OL would struggle being put in that position. This isn't the ****ing big 12. You can't pass 80% of the time. KC had 42 pass calls and 11 rush calls. With an injured QB, OL, and WR's. That's stupid.

rabblerouser
10-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Instead he hands the ball off to a guy who hasn't had a 5 yard run all season, gives up because ineffective RB is ineffective, and asks Mahomes to drop back pass 40 times.

to be fair, we only need 1.8 yards, and that's about what he's capable of...

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:11 PM
to be fair, we only need 1.8 yards, and that's about what he's capable of...

We're gonna need a lot more than that if this keeps up because Mahomes is gonna get killed.

rabblerouser
10-09-2019, 12:13 PM
We're gonna need a lot more than that if this keeps up because Mahomes is gonna get killed.

I know.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:14 PM
I know.

I'm far more worried about that than one loss to the Colts in week 5. This was their superbowl. Shit happens.

Mahomes getting smeared 120 time a game is very alarming.

He was FINALLY moving around like himself again in the 1st quarter too.

srvy
10-09-2019, 12:15 PM

If you believe the stories out there Roaf barely practiced so he could be ready to play on his faulty knee's on game day.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Andy Reid : I wouldn't put Patrick in harms way if he isn't ready

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:17 PM
If you believe the stories out there Roaf barely practiced so he could be ready to play on his faulty knee's on game day.

His whole career? Nah, no way. He had full contact camps for a decade before coming to KC. That's a cumulative thing. Guys barely practice in pads anymore. It's all walk-throughs.

Maybe his last 2 years in KC, but I remember guys like Whitlock complaining that DV made him practice TOO MUCH and that it drove him into 'early retirement'.

ptlyon
10-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Didn't Roaf have problems with gout? Or is it someone else I'm thinking of?

WhiteWhale
10-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Didn't Roaf have problems with gout? Or is it someone else I'm thinking of?

Nope, that was Willy.

notorious
10-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Fucking Erving. Not only is he shit, he directly fucks up our QBs ankle.

Kman34
10-09-2019, 12:32 PM
I mean what else would he say? "Man my ankle is really fucked up, I can barely walk or run on it"

Actually that would be a good strategy... the opposing defense would play for pocket passing and Boom!!! Outside of the pocket TD...

srvy
10-09-2019, 12:50 PM
His whole career? Nah, no way. He had full contact camps for a decade before coming to KC. That's a cumulative thing. Guys barely practice in pads anymore. It's all walk-throughs.

Maybe his last 2 years in KC, but I remember guys like Whitlock complaining that DV made him practice TOO MUCH and that it drove him into 'early retirement'.

Those stories started in New Orleans. I always thought it was his act to make opposition think he was gimpy and would have an easy day against him. Then he would go out and completely dominate. DV even said he could barely walk after a game day and he would rehab just to play the next Sunday.

Prison Bitch
10-09-2019, 12:52 PM

Who’s Andy? Andy Reid?

RetiredSeniorChief
10-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Seems like every team the Chiefs play has a HOF caliber LT & RT.

Mecca
10-09-2019, 12:56 PM
If you want an idea of where OL play is today......Anthony Costanzo that we just faced is basically the best rated LT in the NFL, him and Bahktieri from Green Bay, those guys aren't dominating forces, they're athletic and sound.