PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What will Andy do to BEAT man coverage?

UChieffyBugger
10-09-2019, 08:54 PM
If Sammy and Tyreek can't play on the next two games? THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r8kDT_xaJ0) video here has Steve Smith and Ray Lewis talking about it and it doesn't sound pretty :rolleyes: .

This is where Andy needs to work his magic otherwise teams will be doing this crap every chance they get.

Jewish Rabbi
10-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Tyreek good bruh.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-09-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m guessing he’ll put Tyreek in the game.

If not, there will be a contingency plan to school BOB.

BWillie
10-09-2019, 09:11 PM
They could start by teaching Mecole Hardman to run routes better.

Three7s
10-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Nothing. Just tell his receivers to play better.

stevieray
10-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Everyone talking about the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
10-09-2019, 09:39 PM
good god

we threw for 320 yards

moron

Pasta Little Brioni
10-09-2019, 09:41 PM
You are an idiot

BigRedChief
10-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Andy still has his offensive fastball. He’ll have a plan and scheme ready to go.

UChieffyBugger
10-09-2019, 09:44 PM
good god

we threw for 320 yards

moron

Smh NO-ONE MENTIONED MAHOMES YOU MELON!!..man people can't seem to read a lick around here :banghead:

Mama Hip Rockets
10-09-2019, 09:45 PM
WHY do you keep capitalizing RANDOM words?

UChieffyBugger
10-09-2019, 09:46 PM
You are an idiot

Internet big mouths LOL you've gotta love em LMAO

Bump
10-09-2019, 09:47 PM
he's gonna coach em up!

UChieffyBugger
10-09-2019, 09:47 PM
WHY do you keep capitalizing RANDOM words?

It's just MY style :thumb:

Kman34
10-09-2019, 09:50 PM
If Sammy and Tyreek can't play on the next two games? THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r8kDT_xaJ0) video here has Steve Smith and Ray Lewis talking about it and it doesn't sound pretty :rolleyes: .

This is where Andy needs to work his magic otherwise teams will be doing this crap every chance they get.

Smith and Lewis talking out their asses... The vogue thing to do this week is rag on the chiefs... Pat was running for his life... Give him and the receivers 1 or 2 more seconds and it's a different story....
If we get one more yard on 3 and 28 I think we pull it out...

Hammock Parties
10-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Smh NO-ONE MENTIONED MAHOMES YOU MELON!!..man people can't seem to read a lick around here :banghead:

The Chiefs left 11 points on the field because of a fumble and a dropped pass.

Please get a clue.

The Chiefs are struggling with man coverage, yes, because it makes it more difficult for their scrub receivers to get open.

It's not destroying the offense by any means.

UChieffyBugger
10-09-2019, 09:56 PM
The Chiefs left 11 points on the field because of a fumble and a dropped pass.

Please get a clue.

The Chiefs are struggling with man coverage, yes, because it makes it more difficult for their scrub receivers to get open.

It's not destroying the offense by any means.

And how many TD'S had Pat thrown in the last two games? REID needs to come up with better plays to punish those tactics and not just rely on Pat's genius to bail him out.

Hammock Parties
10-09-2019, 09:59 PM
And how many TD'S had Pat thrown in the last two games? REID needs to come up with better plays to punish those tactics and not just rely on Pat's genius to bail him out.

You are aware there was a two-game stretch last season where the same fucking thing happened?

Man coverage is not destroying our offense.

What is:

1. Pass protection.
2. Drops.
3. Turnovers.

Megatron96
10-09-2019, 10:02 PM
The trick to beating man coverage is mostly on the WR not the play design.

Either the receiver has to run perfect routes or he has to be so fast or so physical that average route running is acceptable.

That's why Tyreek, Sammy and Kelce are so integral to the Chiefs passing attack. Hill is too fast to depend on strict man to man. And trying to press him is problematic because of his speed. So he gets a double team, period.

Sammy and Kelce are fast, but it's their physicality that makes the difference more than speed against man. Both can defeat man press one-on-one most of the time, and have enough size to make covering them downfield a coin toss at best.

The rest of the WR corps is smaller, though Pringle is over 6 feet and 200 lbs., similar to Sammy. But they're all still going to have to run really good routes to get open early.

And we need our WRs to get open early, because the OL can't keep Pat clean for more than about 2 seconds.

BWillie
10-09-2019, 10:08 PM
How to beat man coverage: Have ANY top 75 WR's. That's it.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2019, 11:25 PM
Beating man gets solved with better receivers. But what about a team like new England that plays man as well as anyone. Can our OL beat a physical defense. Can we run the ball just effectively enough. Are we that confident in our WRs to get off jams given how we've gotten mauled lately. Can we play mistake free football. That's not counting the idea that our defense may force us to play a perfect game on offense. I'm optimistic that this stretch is a wake up call and not a panic button. But I don't think health by itself will cut it.

Clyde Frog
10-09-2019, 11:29 PM
Why do we use RANDOM capital words in every thread?

TribalElder
10-09-2019, 11:40 PM
https://previews.123rf.com/images/federicofoto/federicofoto1703/federicofoto170300219/73060617-big-sandwich-with-cheese-and-ham-and-tomato-and-mayonnaise-on-a-wooden-cutting-board-called-gastrono.jpg

dlphg9
10-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Man coverage is only working because of these things:

Tyreek Hill out
Sammy Watkins out
Offensive line can't block
Mahomes has to move around alot and has an ankle injury
We seem to have some slippery hands and fumble quite often
Those slippery hands cause our not so good WRs to drop passes
The WRs don't know what they are doing sometimes and run the wrong route
Multiple penalties

Now that I think about it I tend to disagree that man coverage is stopping the offense. We just came off the longest streak ever of 25 point games in a row. There's a reason why no team has ever done it that long before and that's because it's really hard to constantly score that many points.

People keep over reacting to a loss. It's the first time that PMII has had a loss that wasn't solely on the defense. It's going to be fine. That means in 24 games, the offense was partially responsible for a loss one time. If that continues we will be just fine.

New World Order
10-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Our starting receivers are out, so we’re obviously going to struggle a bit with man coverage.

The focus of the offense should be giving Mahomes max protection so he can buy time and make plays.

TwistedChief
10-10-2019, 12:19 AM
Andy won't do anything to beat man coverage. He will instead decide to forfeit the rest of our games this season because there's no way we can possibly score any points with our receivers getting molested off the line.

It was a good run, but Andy is a relatively green head coach without much of a track record that shows he can make these sorts of adjustments.

Chargem
10-10-2019, 12:30 AM
The three obvious answers:

Dial up more mesh concepts. Brett Kollman does an excellent video discussing the air raid offense which covers mesh concepts and how they can beat man on his youtube channel. The Chiefs already use the concept, they just need to dial it up more if they are getting man.

Use more bunch formations, to make it harder for defenders to get hands on receivers at the line and create more rubs.

Get Sammy or Tyreek back and let them beat man with their talent.

Chargem
10-10-2019, 12:33 AM
The focus of the offense should be giving Mahomes max protection so he can buy time and make plays.

I like this answer too. I wonder if we might see more Sherman, then use him in a mix of run blocking, receiving and then also pass blocking in a "max protect" package that still allows for some balance.

KCUnited
10-10-2019, 05:26 AM
Andy could get out of his breaks quicker if he lowered his pad and lipid levels.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2019, 06:23 AM
Man coverage is only working because of these things:

Tyreek Hill out
Sammy Watkins out
Offensive line can't block
Mahomes has to move around alot and has an ankle injury
We seem to have some slippery hands and fumble quite often
Those slippery hands cause our not so good WRs to drop passes
The WRs don't know what they are doing sometimes and run the wrong route
Multiple penalties

Now that I think about it I tend to disagree that man coverage is stopping the offense. We just came off the longest streak ever of 25 point games in a row. There's a reason why no team has ever done it that long before and that's because it's really hard to constantly score that many points.

People keep over reacting to a loss. It's the first time that PMII has had a loss that wasn't solely on the defense. It's going to be fine. That means in 24 games, the offense was partially responsible for a loss one time. If that continues we will be just fine.

That doesn't answer the question of whether we're now better built to beat new England this time around. I don't care if we can beat 15 of our opponents this season if we can't beat new England. New England has talent and brains to match up against our talent. I think we can do it but we can't rely purely on the health stuff. Andy can't abandon the run. He can't keep running deep route after deep route. Health doesn't solve things like that.

tyreekthefreak
10-10-2019, 06:52 AM
I don't know about Andy, but SPAGS better rush 5 at least or they are going to pick us apart. Every time we blitzed against the Colts, Brisket just threw it away. How come the coaches in the box didn't see that and tell Spags to blitz more.

We are NOT a well coached team...…..that will be our downfall AGAIN this year!

Molitoth
10-10-2019, 06:53 AM
What Andy needs to do is spend the entire week having his defense PUNCH the ball out... and have the offense start being aware of it.

The Chiefs have been driving the ball,... until someone gets the ball punched out ruining the momentum.

InChiefsHeaven
10-10-2019, 07:04 AM
You are aware there was a two-game stretch last season where the same ****ing thing happened?

What is:

1. Pass protection.
2. Drops.
3. Turnovers.
4. Penalties

FYP

jaa1025
10-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Get healthy. That's it. This team has eaten man coverage for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a year + under Mahomes. Due to the oline injuries and Pat's mobility near a zero he isn't able to move around much in the pocket and it doesn't get his backup receivers time to get open.

When healthy though, man coverage is going to open up big plays and 40+ point games again.

rabblerouser
10-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Andy won't do anything to beat man coverage. He will instead decide to forfeit the rest of our games this season because there's no way we can possibly score any points with our receivers getting molested off the line.

It was a good run, but Andy is a relatively green head coach without much of a track record that shows he can make these sorts of adjustments.
ROFL
LMAO

TomBarndtsTwin
10-10-2019, 07:39 AM
What Andy needs to do is spend the entire week having his defense PUNCH the ball out... and have the offense start being aware of it.

The Chiefs have been driving the ball,... until someone gets the ball punched out ruining the momentum.

This is a good point. The Chiefs, even before when they had not the best defense, made up for it by forcing a lot of turnovers. But the last 2 years we haven't seen that.

I mean, it's not like we're demonstrating good fundamental tackling, so may as well have the guys start going for strips and punching the ball out, so we can at least get some turnovers to help swing momentum and give the offense some extra opportunities.

King_Chief_Fan
10-10-2019, 08:15 AM
You are aware there was a two-game stretch last season where the same ****ing thing happened?

What is:

1. Pass protection.
2. Drops.
3. Turnovers.

This may be the only time I agree with the clown shoe wearing Clay

xbarretx
10-10-2019, 08:21 AM
What can we do????

Play to WIN the game.

/end of thread

King_Chief_Fan
10-10-2019, 08:22 AM
What can we do????

Play to WIN the game.

/end of thread

Where is Crennel when we need him..."play good football"

xbarretx
10-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Where is Crennel when we need him..."play good football"

you forgot the "eliminate bad football" ROFL !!!!!!

Also, for good measure... toss in a " uhhh Cooter"

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Negative click bait. The dark succubus that wants you it's, running sore vehicle of doubt. Do not consider that harry prospect. It has played out. Your only hope is rock moss & bat guano.

xbarretx
10-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Negative click bait. The dark succubus that wants you it's, running sore vehicle of doubt. Do not consider that harry prospect. It has played out. Your only hope is rock moss & bat guano.

..soooo your saying DO NOT draft shikaka?

rabblerouser
10-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Jesus, can we remove both Uchieffyburger and BWillie's thread starting services.

UK_Chief
10-10-2019, 02:39 PM
He’s gonna have to slim down some for a start

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Starting LT, LG, 2 WRs, and a QB with a crushed ankle...yeah I'D day that's the reason for the one off game

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Get healthy. That's it. This team has eaten man coverage for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a year + under Mahomes. Due to the oline injuries and Pat's mobility near a zero he isn't able to move around much in the pocket and it doesn't get his backup receivers time to get open.

When healthy though, man coverage is going to open up big plays and 40+ point games again.

We didn't look great two times in a row vs new England. Very rough start followed by mahomes playing superhero in the 4th. They run man as well as anyone. I agree we'll start pumping out points when we're healthy. But NE is the prize right now. Especially if mahomes is a little less mobile and can't freelance as much as he did vs new England. It's a fair question about why we keep running all verts concepts and abandon the run even when we're struggling to protect and have receivers who can't get off the line. Or how many times new England burned us last year with that tyreek deep double coverage. I think we can figure it out and we may have figured it out already but I don't want to rely on health being our only answer.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Jesus, can we remove both Uchieffyburger and BWillie's, as well as de berg, Dante, ubeja, and Mahomos thread starting services.

xbarretx
10-10-2019, 02:49 PM

FYP

Three7s
10-10-2019, 02:57 PM
I was just going through all-22 footage of our offensive snaps of this game. Other than the O-line being a significant issue, a whole lot of receivers NOT RUNNING WHILE PAT IS SCRAMBLING was a major issue. Most notably, DRob literally just running like 5 yards while Mahomes is scrambling away from him and he just stands there and takes himself out of the play. I counted this about 3 different times from DRob which is inexcusable for him.

Another missed opportunity that really hurt was a play where Wylie was still in the game and allowed INSTANT pressure. If he didn't, Mahomes had a TD to Hardman because the guy covering him got torched. Unfortunately, the instant pressure forced Mahomes to throw it early and get nothing on it.

The other play that I felt was notable was when Mahomes lobbed it to seemingly no one deep over the middle near the end of the 1st half. Pringle was initially covered, but out of a broken play, if he turned up field he had a shot at making something happen, which is what Mahomes expected too. However, instead of turning up-field, he pulled a DRob and just sat there. I won't put too much blame on Pringle because he's new to this, but Mahomes has said it enough times just this off-season. KEEP RUNNING!

I only got the free trial version of all-22 because I was interested in how the Colts really stopped the Chiefs, and they really did play great D. They took a lot of risks that paid off for them in spades as well, but there's zero chance they win with Hill or Watkins in. I might make a thread with some GIFs and a more specific breakdown later.

PAChiefsGuy
10-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Reid has plenty of plays to beat Man. It is Reid we are talking about here. Question is do we have the players without Hill and Watkins to execute the plays? We'll find out Sunday

rabblerouser
10-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Exactly.

UChieffyBugger
10-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Jesus, can we remove both Uchieffyburger and BWillie's thread starting services.

It really does blow my mind how DUMB and IMMATURE some folks are in this place. They can't handle a civil debate so..."let's cry to the mods because I'm too thick to say anything conducive" SMH.

UChieffyBugger
10-10-2019, 04:38 PM
I was just going through all-22 footage of our offensive snaps of this game. Other than the O-line being a significant issue, a whole lot of receivers NOT RUNNING WHILE PAT IS SCRAMBLING was a major issue. Most notably, DRob literally just running like 5 yards while Mahomes is scrambling away from him and he just stands there and takes himself out of the play. I counted this about 3 different times from DRob which is inexcusable for him.

Another missed opportunity that really hurt was a play where Wylie was still in the game and allowed INSTANT pressure. If he didn't, Mahomes had a TD to Hardman because the guy covering him got torched. Unfortunately, the instant pressure forced Mahomes to throw it early and get nothing on it.

The other play that I felt was notable was when Mahomes lobbed it to seemingly no one deep over the middle near the end of the 1st half. Pringle was initially covered, but out of a broken play, if he turned up field he had a shot at making something happen, which is what Mahomes expected too. However, instead of turning up-field, he pulled a DRob and just sat there. I won't put too much blame on Pringle because he's new to this, but Mahomes has said it enough times just this off-season. KEEP RUNNING!

I only got the free trial version of all-22 because I was interested in how the Colts really stopped the Chiefs, and they really did play great D. They took a lot of risks that paid off for them in spades as well, but there's zero chance they win with Hill or Watkins in. I might make a thread with some GIFs and a more specific breakdown later.

Great post sir!!..thanks for sharing.

redfan
10-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Andy shakes the defender with a quick look-off to a fruit salad, then BOOM straight to the prime rib carver. That D don't stand a chance

rabblerouser
10-11-2019, 05:12 PM
It really does blow my mind how DUMB and IMMATURE some folks are in this place. They can't handle a civil debate so..."let's cry to the mods because I'm too thick to say anything conducive" SMH.

There's nothing conducive to what you post. Ever.

UChieffyBugger
10-11-2019, 05:23 PM
There's nothing conducive to what you post. Ever.

Well why don't you piss off and ignore my posts instead of acting like a baby and crying to the mods? If my posts are so "bad" use that damn ignore button and keep it moving dummy.

J Diddy
10-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Run faster

xztop123
10-11-2019, 09:10 PM
What’s the diff in hardman and hill in terms of beating man? Is hill just way faster and quicker or is it the strength he has to beat the press?

rabblerouser
10-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Well why don't you piss off and ignore my posts instead of acting like a baby and crying to the mods? If my posts are so "bad" use that damn ignore button and keep it moving dummy.

When have I EVER "cried to the mods" about you?

EVER?

You make things up in your own head. You ain't that important, and as far I can tell, being a total dipshit isn't against the rules here. You've got delusions of grandeur up in your head, I'm telling you what's happening...

Megatron96
10-12-2019, 12:41 AM
What’s the diff in hardman and hill in terms of beating man? Is hill just way faster and quicker or is it the strength he has to beat the press?

Mostly experience I'd wager. And the fact that Hill is a bit shorter; makes him a smaller target to try and get your hands on.

When I played ball in high school I was smaller/shorter than just about everyone on the team, or any opposing team for that matter. I could literally duck under people's hands nearly every time. Guys that were a lot taller/bigger than me almost seemed to be moving in slow motion. They just had more mass to move and they were trying to grab a small fast moving target. Guessing Tyreek has the same advantage.

Chargem
10-12-2019, 01:38 AM

Biggest difference might be fear - you play off rather than jamming Hill because you are scared of what happens if he gets a clean release on you.