PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign

UChieffyBugger
10-11-2019, 10:51 AM
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddzGiZ-z9Cw)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2tfPIdv6I)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSj1V8g5MQ)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6HiMYr4_F8)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbaQMHCFapI)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPMvw6kF5s)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjSjeiNYBQ)

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.

In58men
10-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Why do you Chief fans care so much about other QBs being compared to Mahomes?

Like, who cares?

dlphg9
10-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Even the local media is doing it too. It's annoying as hell.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 10:55 AM
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddzGiZ-z9Cw)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2tfPIdv6I)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSj1V8g5MQ)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6HiMYr4_F8)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbaQMHCFapI)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPMvw6kF5s)

HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjSjeiNYBQ)

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.

Who the fuck cares what talking heads have to say about anything? Their job is to create clicks and that is exactly what you are giving them.

WE HAVE MAHOMES. NOTHING ELSE (other than keeping him healthy and loaded with weapons) MATTERS.

ModSocks
10-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Because Mahomes needs rivals.

Batman needs a Joker.

Just let it happen.

smithandrew051
10-11-2019, 10:56 AM
He’s a good QB and they were in the same draft class. The comparisons will happen.

Think about Carmelo and LeBron early in their careers. Both have had hall of fame careers. Both are small forwards. Both drafted in the same class. Both had a ton of hype (Melo from winning the title with Syracuse and LeBron from his high school days).

Lots of comparisons early on. LeBron clearly distanced himself each year though. Now it’s not a comparison at all.

Mahomes vs Watson is the same deal. Watson will have a fine career. Mahomes is otherworldly though. After awhile, the comparisons will die.

Mephistopheles Janx

Like, who cares?

Odd way to phrase the question coming from a Chiefs fan.

UChieffyBugger

Like, who cares?

Watson is a good QB..but don't use the last two games to beat Pat over the head and then ignore Watson's two games against the Jags and Panthers (two of the best defenses he's faced which is interesting) of which he was pathetic. It shouldn't work that way.

UChieffyBugger
10-11-2019, 10:59 AM
He’s a good QB and they were in the same draft class. The comparisons will happen.

Think about Carmelo and LeBron early in their careers. Both have had hall of fame careers. Both are small forwards. Both drafted in the same class. Both had a ton of hype (Melo from winning the title with Syracuse and LeBron from his high school days).

Lots of comparisons early on. LeBron clearly distanced himself each year though. Now it’s not a comparison at all.

Mahomes vs Watson is the same deal. Watson will have a fine career. Mahomes is otherworldly though. After awhile, the comparisons will die.

Great post!!..just tired of the hypocrisy of the media when it comes to Pat.

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Like, who cares?

Why does anybody object to content discussion when it involves Chiefs on this place? I don't fucking get it.

Why do you care about Chiefs fans who get kinda peeved when sports people put out BS fake news when it comes to other QBs? Sure, those networks do it to drum up interest. Just because you understand the reason behind something doesn't mean it's not wrong.

It's false that Watson is as good as Mahomes. Both physically and mentally. I can't name one aspect of Deshaun Watson's game other than his scrambling speed that I'd rather have than Mahomes. He's the inferior QB. There is no competition between the two. They're on completely different planets.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Watson still struggles to read coverage, especially on third down.

The Chiefs are 8th in pass defense. Spags is going to disguise coverages and make Watson hold the ball.

I think we see a couple turnovers Sunday.

Watson is a good QB, but doesn't have Mahomes arm or elite ability to see the field. They were saying on 610 how, after his horrible game against Carolina, they simplified the offense for him somewhat.

FloridaMan88
10-11-2019, 11:05 AM
JFC the OP should disconnect from all media to protect his sanity.

Every thing you see/hear/read that might be a negative or non-positive slant towards the Chiefs triggers you into starting a new thread.

Deberg_1990
Imagine the narrative if Houston wins Sunday which is likely

Hoover
It's perfect. Its just what the Doctor ordered for the Chiefs, a big dose of disrespect.

carcosa
10-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Why does anybody object to content discussion when it involves Chiefs on this place? I don't fucking get it.

Why do you care about Chiefs fans who get kinda peeved when sports people put out BS fake news when it comes to other QBs? Sure, those networks do it to drum up interest. Just because you understand the reason behind something doesn't mean it's not wrong.

It's false that Watson is as good as Mahomes. Both physically and mentally. I can't name one aspect of Deshaun Watson's game other than his scrambling speed that I'd rather have than Mahomes. He's the inferior QB. There is no competition between the two. They're on completely different planets.

YIP!!!!!

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Let's also not forget about Watson's little pouty tantrum he had after his playoff loss. And no, that wasn't healthy frustration from just being so competitive. That was being pouty.

Seems like Watson still has to learn that the NFL is a completely different animal than college.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2019, 11:10 AM
It's perfect. Its just what the Doctor ordered for the Chiefs, a big dose of disrespect.

Andy screwed up after the close call in Detroit.

He let the team rest on their laurels a bit with the painting comment.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 11:13 AM

The content merely mentioning the Chiefs doesn't make it quality content.

This is literally talking heads drumming up controversy so that people will click their links, watch, and talk about the nonsense that is comparing Watson to Mahomes. Then people get riled up about *TALKING HEADS* saying their guy is as good as our guy as if it were an in-depth breakdown of how the switch to the 4-3 under Spags hasn't improved our ability to stop the run.

It isn't "content" as much as it is whining about people being paid to make dramatic comparisons... making dramatic comparisons.

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 11:17 AM
The content merely mentioning the Chiefs doesn't make it quality content.

This is literally talking heads drumming up controversy so that people will click their links, watch, and talk about the nonsense that is comparing Watson to Mahomes. Then people get riled up about *TALKING HEADS* saying their guy is as good as our guy as if it were an in-depth breakdown of how the switch to the 4-3 under Spags hasn't improved our ability to stop the run.

It isn't "content" as much as it is whining about people being paid to make dramatic comparisons... making dramatic comparisons.
Of course it's not quality content. It's false.

The point is it's false. And we, on a fan forum that celebrates the Chiefs, don't like that false content. What else are we supposed to talk about on a football forum for one specific team? Even if you're the ultimate, "Don't care what the media says," type of fan, there's no way this doesn't elicit an eyeroll from those people.

arrwheader
10-11-2019, 11:20 AM
I mean CC went on talking about this and bringing down Mahomes but just before that he was talking up Brady for his 0 TD performance and bad QB last few weeks.

He also didn't mention anything about the injury to Mahomes or any of his WR but said that about Brady and his receivers.

Fuck them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RaidersOftheCellar
10-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Watson's kind of a douche. They asked if there were any differences between the two QBs and his answer was "No, not really."

How bout the fact that you take way, way more sacks? I don't care about the lines. If Mahomes played for Houston, he wouldn't be sacked nearly as much.

He also doesn't see the field like Mahomes and isn't as accurate. Throws a lot of balls up for grabs.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Watson is a good qb. But my God, sick of the comparisons. He's not even close to mahomes.

Maybe the most frustrating part is that on Sunday, Watson will try to beat mahomes. While mahomes will try to beat the Texans. Very big difference.

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Watson's kind of a douche. They asked if there were any differences between the two QBs and his answer was "No, not really."

How bout the fact that you take way, way more sacks? I don't care about the lines. If Mahomes played for Houston, he wouldn't be sacked nearly as much.

He also doesn't see the field like Mahomes and isn't as accurate. Throws a lot of balls up for grabs.
Houston's OL has gotten much better since adding Tunsil from Miami. It still has holes, but blindside protection recently has not been one of them.

Unlike Mahomes being protected by Cam freaking Erving :#

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Of course it's not quality content. It's false.

The point is it's false. And we, on a fan forum that celebrates the Chiefs, don't like that false content. What else are we supposed to talk about on a football forum for one specific team? Even if you're the ultimate, "Don't care what the media says," type of fan, there's no way this doesn't elicit an eyeroll from those people.

An eye-roll is literally all it deserves. Clicking on their links only serves to make them double down on idiocy in order to keep those clicks rolling in. Stephen A. Smith is a god among these media trolls and everyone has taken a page from his stupid ass, added a dash of National Inquirer, and a sprinkle of blogger quality "reporting" and we, in turn, get threads based on that garbage.

What else are we supposed to talk about? Anything of substance related to the team. Anything that isn't a high school popularity debate. ANYTHING.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Not sure how that reads as douche. What's he supposed to say? Reads more like a dumb question than it is a dumb answer. Watson seems like a good dude.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Wrong. He’s a good kid. Should be held up as an example like Mahomes is.

He isn’t as good as Mahomes, but he’s still very solid.

BlackOp
10-11-2019, 11:45 AM
If franchises were building from scratch...100% of them would choose Mahomes over Watson....including the Texans.

That's all you need to know...

-King-
10-11-2019, 12:10 PM

LMAO The shit some of you get mad at.

Megatron96
10-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Haven't really read any threads that discuss this topic, only read some of the reactions here.

I think hypothetically Watson could do many of the same types of things that Mahomes can do, if he were given the opportunity of being coached by an offensive mastermind like Andy. The fact that he's been saddled with Bill O'Brien for his entire career, plus the dumpster fire that they have called an OL, and the complete lack of a running game, has stunted his growth to this point. But it's obvious if you watch him play that he's very athletic, has an above average arm in terms of strength, good accuracy, and has a head for making plays.

And if Mahomes had gone to the Texans instead of the Chiefs, it's likely Pat would've performed in a similar manner to what Watson has done so far. Maybe Pat's inherent gifts of deep passing accuracy and elusiveness would've offset some of the short-comings of the Texans, but overall, without Andy to help him transition to the pro game, he'd probably struggle much as Watson did to begin with.

The comparisons kind of illustrate how important a good QB-oriented coach, a decent OL, and a decent running game, is to the development of a rookie QB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Watson is a really good WB. Don’t know why we hate him? Dude is an awesome person too

-King-
10-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Watson is a good qb. But my God, sick of the comparisons. He's not even close to mahomes.

Maybe the most frustrating part is that on Sunday, Watson will try to beat mahomes. While mahomes will try to beat the Texans. Very big difference.

What does that last part even mean?

BlackOp
10-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Watson is a really good WB. Don’t know why we hate him? Dude is an awesome person too

I dont care about the comparisons...it's just talking head fodder. He's a really good QB...Mahomes is an alien.

Reid would have faired pretty well with Watson too...he's probably the 2nd best young QB in the AFC.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Watson is just a slower Lamar Jackson who is a slightly better passer.

They have the same issues - they don't process or anticipate the way an elite talent like Mahomes can.

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Batman needs a Joker.

Just let it happen.

Of course PMII is injured, and Watson is isn't. So there will be optics and the narrative that Desaun can always keep up with Patrick

RunKC
10-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Watson is just a slower Lamar Jackson who is a slightly better passer.

They have the same issues - they don't process or anticipate the way an elite talent like Mahomes can.

Watson has had a 100+ QB rating every year. He’s not the elite passer Mahomes is, but he’s very good.

Watson probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league.

He’s what we wanted Alex to be.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Watson has had a 100+ QB rating every year. He’s not the elite passer Mahomes is, but he’s very good.

Watson probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league.

He’s what we wanted Alex to be.

He's inconsistent. The same defense Mahomes shat on held Watson to 7 points in a playoff game last year.

He's only as good as the opponent he's facing.

RunKC
10-11-2019, 01:14 PM
He's inconsistent. The same defense Mahomes shat on held Watson to 7 points in a playoff game last year.

He's only as good as the opponent he's facing.

Watson’s OL was complete garbage without Tunsil, no RB threat, Will Fuller out and Hopkins was playing hurt.

In that same type of scenario, Mahomes only lead us to 13 points.

notorious
10-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Cowherd said that this game will be a good time to compare them....this is after he said Watson has been without oline and weapons, which is exactly where Mahomes is now.

Dipfuck fogot that Houston has the best jump ball WR in the league along with another excellent WR threat.

The are simply saying shit to get attention. Stop giving it to them.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Watson’s OL was complete garbage without Tunsil, no RB threat, Will Fuller out and Hopkins was playing hurt.

In that same type of scenario, Mahomes only lead us to 13 points.

And what about last week vs Carolina?

He is up and down depending on the opponent.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Cowherd said that this game will be a good time to compare them....this is after he said Watson has been without oline and weapons, which is exactly where Mahomes is now.

Dip**** fogot that Houston has the best jump ball WR in the league along with another excellent WR threat.

The are simply saying shit to get attention. Stop giving it to them.

Houston has the best WR period

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2019, 02:08 PM
What does that last part even mean?

It always drives me crazy that people act like mahomes lost the qb duel to Russell Wilson and Brady.

No... Wilson and Brady beat a bad chiefs defense. Mahomes almost won both games in spite of his defense.

Not that Houstons D is all that great. But mahomes has to win these games at a handicap.

Megatron96
10-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Is there a reason anyone feels threatened by the comparisons between Mahomes and Watson? Really, I don't see why it's a thing. Watson is a really good QB. If Mahomes didn't exist, and somehow we got Watson two years ago, I think right now we'd be pretty happy?

But we do have Mahomes and he's a truly amazing QB.

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Is there a reason anyone feels threatened by the comparisons between Mahomes and Watson? Really, I don't see why it's a thing. Watson is a really good QB. If Mahomes didn't exist, and somehow we got Watson two years ago, I think right now we'd be pretty happy?

But we do have Mahomes and he's a truly amazing QB.

If attention starts to shift to Watson it would meanless national exposure and primetime games because of the Chiefs are a small market

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 02:37 PM
If attention starts to shift to Watson it would meanless national exposure and primetime games because of the Chiefs are a small market

We care about that... why?

Exposure means nothing. People die of it. Are you just wanting the sporting world to fellate you because you are a Chiefs fan and they have Mahomes?

Does watching Mahomes do alien shit on the field mean less to you, is it somehow grayer, because the talking heads want to give Watson a little bit of run?

Prime Time games exist only in the playoffs. This "prime time" Sunday, Thursday, Monday night bull is a manufactured thing. Why the fuck do we care if Carl in upstate new York watches our team play?

/ says that with the Thanksgiving day game I attended being my favorite game I've been to so far

-King-
10-11-2019, 03:04 PM
It always drives me crazy that people act like mahomes lost the qb duel to Russell Wilson and Brady.

No... Wilson and Brady beat a bad chiefs defense. Mahomes almost won both games in spite of his defense.

Not that Houstons D is all that great. But mahomes has to win these games at a handicap.

So...how does that mean Watson will try to beat Mahomes instead of Watson will try to beat the Chiefs?

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2019, 03:24 PM
So...how does that mean Watson will try to beat Mahomes instead of Watson will try to beat the Chiefs?

I said it the other way. Watson has to beat mahomes. The main thing standing in his way is himself.

Mahomes has to beat Watson and a more balanced team than kc. He has to beat the whole Texans, not just Watson.

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Are you just wanting the sporting world to fellate you because you are a Chiefs fan and they have Mahomes?

Yes.

I was forced by the media to suck Peyton Manning's dick for 15 years. Time for Colts fans and everybody else to suck MY dick.

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Look, that's great that you all have this calm, reserved, Protestant work ethic about keeping your nose to the grindstone. The whole, "you just worry about you... don't try to control anybody else..." blah blah blah blah

It's the internet. I'm a Chiefs fan. We have Mahomes.

I'm gonna get silly. I'm gonna talk about dick sucking. I'm gonna make fun of Deshaun Watson. I'm gonna call him a pouty bitch. I'm gonna laugh at him when he loses playoff games.

"He's a nice guy."

Fuck you. So was Matt Cassel. I give not one fuck if a QB is nice anymore.

You're either good enough to spar with Mahomes or you're not. Watson is not. He will get destroyed, and I will not shed a tear.

MightyMouse
10-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Is it that hard for us to be a cool fanbase?
Who cares? Watson has been very good, I don’t care about comparisons from the media, just be a happy and fun fan blessed we finally have a great qb. We look like Boston fans with out the rings.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Is it that hard for us to be a cool fanbase?
Who cares? Watson has been very good, I don’t care about comparisons from the media, just be a happy and fun fan blessed we finally have a great qb. We look like Boston fans with out the rings.

I don't really care for the comparisons. What I hate is when people label mahomes a choker even though in the majority of his primetime losses he scored a game winning or tying score on his last possession. Or when people who've only seen highlight reels don't appreciate that mahomes is a good qb, not just a freelancer. If people think they're both great qbs, cool. But the anti mahomes crowd has gotten bigger and bolder and I'll be dammed if ignorant dipshits pretend to know shit about our qb.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Yes.

I was forced by the media to suck Peyton Manning's dick for 15 years. Time for Colts fans and everybody else to suck MY dick.

I guess bitter and vengeful is one way to go through life...

Another might be to not put yourselves into situations were you have to suck that dick. :shrug:

scho63
10-11-2019, 04:18 PM
UChieffyBugger acting a little like Ubeja Buggy

Coochie liquor
10-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Like, who cares?

What do you mean, YOU Chiefs fans??

Megatron96
10-11-2019, 04:32 PM

Who cares what other people think though?

Pat Mahomes is the NFL version of MJ. WE know that. And soon every NFL fan will know it also.

Besides, this comparison thing is basically the highest form of flattery for Pat and for our Chiefs.

The mere fact that virtually every fanbase is talking about Pat and our team tells us that they already know that Pat is the next big thing.

Good God, we have Patriots, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, and maybe half the league's fans lurking around on this forum. And win or lose, they won't leave. They stay here, ostensibly to rag on us about a loss or whatever, but they're here because of Mahomes, and Tyreek, and Kelce.

Because all of them know that Mahomes is the next King of the NFL or whatever for the next 15 years.

Every time one of these 'comparisons' comes up, we should be laughing and patting ourselves on the back that we were lucky enough to be here when Pat became a Chief.

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2019, 04:58 PM
We care about that... why?

Exposure means nothing. People die of it. Are you just wanting the sporting world to fellate you because you are a Chiefs fan and they have Mahomes?

Does watching Mahomes do alien shit on the field mean less to you, is it somehow grayer, because the talking heads want to give Watson a little bit of run?

Prime Time games exist only in the playoffs. This "prime time" Sunday, Thursday, Monday night bull is a manufactured thing. Why the fuck do we care if Carl in upstate new York watches our team play?

/ says that with the Thanksgiving day game I attended being my favorite game I've been to so far

You want to see more coverage of Chiefs games, especially for individuals out of state or out the common broadcast zone which one would get ass blasted by NFL Sunday Ticket.

The publicly is neccessary

RealSNR
10-11-2019, 05:01 PM
I guess bitter and vengeful is one way to go through life...

Another might be to not put yourselves into situations were you have to suck that dick. :shrug:

You sucked that dick, too. Everybody sucked that dick whether they wanted to or not. It was forcibly shoved into your mouth. You couldn't avoid it.

I suppose you could have lived in the woods and avoided human altogether for those 15 years. Then you would have avoided sucking that dick.

Is that what you did?

UChieffyBugger
10-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Colin Cowherd is yapping on again HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PxgCm_1byI)

So he goes on about what Watson didn't have, and yet ignores the fact that Watson had more NFL experience going into last season and a better defense behind him? SMH. The fact that Pat took us to the AFC championship game with that defense is a miracle in itself.

Chiefshrink
10-11-2019, 05:23 PM

Batman needs a Joker.

Just let it happen.

and the Texans really wanted Mahomes;)

which might motivate Watson even more for this game assuming Watson knows this supposed rumor:shrug:

Megatron96
10-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Colin Cowherd is yapping on again HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PxgCm_1byI)

So he goes on about what Watson didn't have, and yet ignores the fact that Watson had more NFL experience going into last season and a better defense behind him? SMH. The fact that Pat took us to the AFC championship game with that defense is a miracle in itself.

Good. It'll drive more people to check out the Chiefs and Mahomes. Generate more Mahomes fans. Sounds like free advertising to me.

rico
10-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Simply making a vague comparison of Deshaun Watson to Patrick Mahomes is utter blasphemy and straight up disrespectful to Mahomes... and as irrational as I admit this is, the media glamorization of Watson and comparisons to Mahomes has made me hate Deshaun Watson. **** him. Not even in Mahomes’s league.

rico
10-11-2019, 07:37 PM
A large percentage of the balls I’ve watched Watson throw (I’ve watched a lot) have been straight up wobble-launchers that he has been consistently and luckily bailed out on by his WR’s.

Dude will be an afterthought eventually. Mahomes is the future.

Fuck Watson.

KChiefs1
10-11-2019, 09:48 PM
It’s a national narrative.

Chieftain
10-11-2019, 10:02 PM
You know what the craziest shit you hear and read is? How Mahomes's mobility is his best strength. Some people think Mahomes doesn't really have the greatest and most accurate arm in the league. His mobility makes it seem so. They only seen Pat play one or two games.

mr. tegu
10-11-2019, 10:53 PM
There is definitely a growing narrative that all you have to do is keep Mahomes in the pocket and he’s nothing special there. As near as I can tell this is a result of people not watching games and only seeing some highlights, which often are of the out of the pocket variety because those are just so far beyond what anyone else can do that they must be shown.

They don’t see the perfect pass 30 yards down field over a defenders head right into Kelce’s hands as he doesn’t even have to break his stride, unless it’s a TD. He literally makes so many great throws each game that some of his best throws go unnoticed and under appreciated because there are just too many to include in any single game highlight package.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 11:13 PM
You sucked that dick, too. Everybody sucked that dick whether they wanted to or not. It was forcibly shoved into your mouth. You couldn't avoid it.

Sure I could. Even in Manning's heyday my browser still had the ability to take me to another page. My TV had the ability to change the channel.

The only time I was "forced" to suck Manning dick was when he played the Chiefs. At that point... I didn't much mind because A) he was playing in the game I was watching & B) he was so good he deserved it.

I suppose you could have lived in the woods and avoided human altogether for those 15 years. Then you would have avoided sucking that dick.

Is that what you did?

I simply chose not to consume media that was overly sucking off Manning/Brady/Young/Elway/Marino/Favre. It really isn't that hard if you aren't purposely putting yourself in the position to have it "forced" on you.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-11-2019, 11:24 PM
You want to see more coverage of Chiefs games, especially for individuals out of state or out the common broadcast zone which one would get ass blasted by NFL Sunday Ticket.

So I should want the Chiefs to get more national run so that Clive in Toledo gets to watch an extra Chiefs game or two per season in the "primetime" slot?

Necessary from whom? Mahomes has no clue that Sondra from Piscattaway has tuned into the game or not. Even if he did... I'm certain it would provide him no further motivation.

Even then... what the fuck does all that publicity matter if our team doesn't win anything? When we prove we can win the important games... win it all, then the Chiefs will get all the publicity they can handle. Until then we should be happy to stay in our lane and laugh at these dumbass talking-heads as we hoist a trophy (I'll "settle" for the Lamar Hunt Trophy).

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2019, 11:46 PM
So I should want the Chiefs to get more national run so that Clive in Toledo gets to watch an extra Chiefs game or two per season in the "primetime" slot?

Necessary from whom? Mahomes has no clue that Sondra from Piscattaway has tuned into the game or not. Even if he did... I'm certain it would provide him no further motivation.

Even then... what the fuck does all that publicity matter if our team doesn't win anything? When we prove we can win the important games... win it all, then the Chiefs will get all the publicity they can handle. Until then we should be happy to stay in our lane and laugh at these dumbass talking-heads as we hoist a trophy (I'll "settle" for the Lamar Hunt Trophy).

Bigger market, if more people want to see KC and then more coverage in general, that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-12-2019, 12:03 AM
Bigger market, if more people want to see KC and then more coverage in general, that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.

I'm really trying to understand here but your post provided no further clarification.

Outside of stuffing the Hunt's bank account with heavier deposits... how does "bigger market" help the Chiefs win anything? If there is a player out there that wont sign with the Chiefs because Stephen A. Smith is still talking shit on Mahomes... then I don't want that dumb piece of shit on the team anyhow.

As for "the media" shifting from NE to the Texans... I ask again. So fucking what? Let them fellate Watson and the Texans. Short of *YOU* feeling good because the media is stroking you off... what does "bigger market" bring the Chiefs?

Tribal Warfare
10-12-2019, 01:12 AM
I'm really trying to understand here but your post provided no further clarification.

Outside of stuffing the Hunt's bank account with heavier deposits... how does "bigger market" help the Chiefs win anything? If there is a player out there that wont sign with the Chiefs because Stephen A. Smith is still talking shit on Mahomes... then I don't want that dumb piece of shit on the team anyhow.

As for "the media" shifting from NE to the Texans... I ask again. So fucking what? Let them fellate Watson and the Texans. Short of *YOU* feeling good because the media is stroking you off... what does "bigger market" bring the Chiefs?

So fucking what? As fans we crave information, and if Mahomes reigns king in the media's eye guess what instead of a brief line on the ticker we actually get a thorough news piece instead of obscure Twitter comments.

Ultimately, do like Chiefs news and coverage or do you want to dig for it. Speaking from experience posting news for over 20 years including the KCSTAR BB days it's refreshing to have such availability on the main mediums of information specifically TV when you want to relax when you have a star like PMII.

The distain for Watson is simple as stated, if you like vague information that's brushed off then continue sifting the internet for morsel's of tangible value when the media wants to pump up news that takes up 35 minutes of airtime then be happy with it which connects game broadcast availability.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-12-2019, 01:23 AM
So fucking what? As fans we crave information, and if Mahomes reigns king in the media's eye guess what instead of a brief line on the ticker we actually get a thorough news piece instead of obscure Twitter comments.

We crave *INFORMATION*. What we are getting is talking head idiocy, created specifically to incite controversy, that people here are getting their panties in a twist over. Oh noes... some dumbfuck D-Lineman thinks Watson may be as good as Mahomes! Kansas City is ruined and we will never get an article written on us by someone who watched parts of 3 games in order to write it.

Boo Hoo

When Mahomes wins big games consistently the media coverage will come.
You know what will squash all this Mahomes isn't great in the pocket talk? Mahomes whipping his cock out each game and slapping people with it... from the pocket. You know what will make sports writers all over the US reach climax from an opportunity to write something about the Chiefs/Mahomes? Titles.

Until then... this *I WANT ATTENTION NOW* is petulant crybaby instant gratification bullshit that you wouldn't tolerate from your kid. Imagine how it looks on you as an adult.

I'm happy being a brief line in that ticker for now. More time for actual fans of this team to enjoy what Mahomes is doing before the inevitable bandwagoners climb on board with us.

Tribal Warfare
10-12-2019, 01:36 AM
We crave *INFORMATION*. What we are getting is talking head idiocy, created specifically to incite controversy, that people here are getting their panties in a twist over. Oh noes... some dumbfuck D-Lineman thinks Watson may be as good as Mahomes! Kansas City is ruined and we will never get an article written on us by someone who watched parts of 3 games in order to write it.

Boo Hoo

[B]When Mahomes wins big games consistently the media coverage will come.
You know what will squash all this Mahomes isn't great in the pocket talk? Mahomes whipping his cock out each game and slapping people with it... from the pocket. You know what will make sports writers all over the US reach climax from an opportunity to write something about the Chiefs/Mahomes? Titles.

Until then... this *I WANT ATTENTION NOW* is petulant crybaby instant gratification bullshit that you wouldn't tolerate from your kid. Imagine how it looks on you as an adult.

I'm happy being a brief line in that ticker for now. More time for actual fans of this team to enjoy what Mahomes is doing before the inevitable bandwagoners climb on board with us.

God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that

Mephistopheles Janx
10-12-2019, 02:02 AM
God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

What was I right about? Your acting like a petulant child demanding attention, the fact that we aren't getting (and won't be getting) media run until we actually do something bigger than winning our first division round win since 1993, the part where I stated that people will continue to question Mahomes' ability in the pocket until he whips his dick out and slaps them in the face with it?

We've had news coverage, and to be honest, that coverage has been *FAR* better in both quality and access by the fanbase than anything the national sportswriters can/have/will do. (see Teicher at ESPN vs Mellinger doing interviews and basically repping that banner shit). For fucks sake... you really want to be clued into what Adam Teicher has to say about this team?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=1444077

Well, perhaps you do. I get it now. Teicher is hot fucking garbage but that doesn't matter to you... you just want to see Kansas City Chiefs "in print".

/I, for one, would rather the national media keep their spotlight away from the Chiefs until we fix the fucking defense and get an offensive line to keep Mahomes healthy. If we don't we will be a national fucking laughing stock for spoiling the career of a football god.

//and we thought we fucking wasted J. Charles. Can you imagine if we do the same with Mahomes... but with a national spotlight on us as we do it?

///you watched Willy Wonka at some point in your life, right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5wAlQf4WdiE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
10-12-2019, 02:05 AM
What was I right about? Your acting like a petulant child demanding attention, the fact that we aren't getting (and won't be getting) media run until we actually do something bigger than winning our first division round win since 1993, the part where I stated that people will continue to question Mahomes' ability in the pocket until he whips his dick out and slaps them in the face with it?

We've had news coverage, and to be honest, that coverage has been *FAR* better in both quality and access by the fanbase than anything the national sportswriters can/have/will do. (see Teicher at ESPN vs Mellinger doing interviews and basically repping that banner shit). For fucks sake... you really want to be clued into what Adam Teicher has to say about this team?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=1444077

Well, perhaps you do. I get it now. Teicher is hot fucking garbage but that doesn't matter to you... you just want to see Kansas City Chiefs "in print".

/I, for one, would rather the national media keep their spotlight away from the Chiefs until we fix the fucking defense and get an offensive line to keep Mahomes healthy. If we don't we will be a national fucking laughing stock for spoiling the career of a football god.

//and we thought we fucking wasted J. Charles. Can you imagine if we do the same with Mahomes... but with a national spotlight on us as we do it?

///you watched Willy Wonka at some point in your life, right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5wAlQf4WdiE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's called passion being involved with 37Forever to SOC, I have an attitude about it since Mahomes and the regime is the spoils of the movement.

That's why members of the BB and SOC were pissed at Whitlock concerning his Tyreek comments because he donated to the cauae

Mephistopheles Janx
10-12-2019, 02:25 AM
It's called passion being involved with 37Forever to SOC, I have an attitude about it since Mahomes and the regime is the spoils of the movement

It is called throwing a tantrum because the bad tv men compared Watson to Mahomes as if their numbers at the end of the season/careers isn't going to tell the tale.

It is being childish because, just like a child, you cannot wait for your reward... you have to have it *NOW*. You would think that our chosen team being, mostly, a pile of dog shit since 1994 would have taught our fanbase some humility.

I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought

that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.

“The oppressed want at any cost to resemble the oppressors.” - Paulo Freire

lcarus
10-12-2019, 02:26 AM
Can he have a better game and throw more yards and TDs and win? Yes. In terms of pure QB talent though, Mahomes is better and it's not that close.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-12-2019, 03:02 AM
It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

Let's throw this comment back in time and see how it holds up.

Picture it, Kansas City, 2003. A young group of men have won 9 consecutive games and look to break a 19 year playoff slump.

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvault-cdn.si.com%2FSI_ISSUE_IMAGES%2FSports%2520Illustrated%2F2003%2F11%2F20031117%2FSports_Illustrated_70 2785_20031117-001-2048.jpg

How did that season turn out for us? A loss in the "No Punt Game". What happened to us after that?

Fast forward to the next time we deserved national media attention after our Chiefs being an afterthought for a decade.

Picture it, Kansas City, 2013. A young group of men have won 9 consecutive games and look to break a 29 year playoff slump.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/21/around-the-nfl-chiefs-still-perfect-broncos-get-1st-loss-gronks-return-spoiled/

How did that season turn out for us? Another loss to the Colts where we coughed up a 28 point lead.

---

While I understand your passion... you are putting the cart before the horse, counting chickens before they hatch, casting pearls before swine, and I'm sure there are a few other proverbs that would fit in here as well.

rabblerouser
10-12-2019, 06:45 AM
A large percentage of the balls I’ve watched Watson throw (I’ve watched a lot) have been straight up wobble-launchers that he has been consistently and luckily bailed out on by his WR’s.

Dude will be an afterthought eventually. Mahomes is the future.

**** Watson.
This.

It's the biggest "who gives a fuck" ever.

No one cares what the talking heads say except for absolute morons.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2019, 07:23 AM
No chiefs fan would want Watson over Mahomes so Idgaf what everyone is saying

kccrow
10-12-2019, 08:37 AM
The only QB that inhabits the same stratosphere of skill as Patrick Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers. I really don't see the ability to compare any other QB to him. Sure, Brady, Brees, Wilson, and so forth are great QBs but in a different way. Watson isn't all that good of a QB, much less be discussed in the same light as any of those guys.

-King-
10-12-2019, 10:15 AM
The only QB that inhabits the same stratosphere of skill as Patrick Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers. I really don't see the ability to compare any other QB to him. Sure, Brady, Brees, Wilson, and so forth are great QBs but in a different way. Watson isn't all that good of a QB, much less be discussed in the same light as any of those guys.

7200 yards 56 touchdowns 18 INT on 66% completion and a 105 passer rating in 27 starts.

Yeah he's not all that good of a QB.

UChieffyBugger
10-12-2019, 10:22 AM
This.

It's the biggest "who gives a ****" ever.

No one cares what the talking heads say except for absolute morons.

Let me guess...you're gonna CRY to the mods about this thread too, right dummy? LMAO

St. Patty's Fire
10-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Watson is a great QB. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. He’s had plenty of shit to deal with: BoB being a bad, uninspiring coach who runs a bland offense, a garbage o line, no TEs/depth at WR (depth at WR has been fixed this season), and no consistent running game. He still produces and straight up wins them games despite all of this. I’d say he’s in the tier below Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson, but he’s top-5 in the league right now in my eyes.

rico
10-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Watson is a great QB. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. He’s had plenty of shit to deal with: BoB being a bad, uninspiring coach who runs a bland offense, a garbage o line, no TEs/depth at WR (depth at WR has been fixed this season), and no consistent running game. He still produces and straight up wins them games despite all of this. I’d say he’s in the tier below Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson, but he’s top-5 in the league right now in my eyes.

Watson’s career ceiling is mediocre at best on a long-term scale and I am not fooling myself.

Mahomes’s career ceiling is best ever.

KChiefs1
10-12-2019, 11:19 AM
No chiefs fan would want Watson over Mahomes so Idgaf what everyone is saying

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/a06cab9fedc1b9a7f8d747f9e8925830.jpg

Prison Bitch
10-12-2019, 11:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGneMS9XkAUh_Kv?format=jpg&name=large

RealSNR
10-12-2019, 11:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGneMS9XkAUh_Kv?format=jpg&name=large

There exists a timeline in which Patrick Mahomes was drafted #1 overall by the Cleveland Browns.

In that timeline, Hitler is still alive.

CanadaKC
10-12-2019, 11:38 AM
When Watson was doing the first down chop a couple times while losing the playoff game pretty badly spoke volumes to me

Prison Bitch
10-12-2019, 12:10 PM
There exists a timeline in which Patrick Mahomes was drafted #1 overall by the Cleveland Browns.

In that timeline, Hitler is still alive.

They’re so stupid they’d still probably pass on Pat if give. Another chance. So cursed

Hammock Parties
10-12-2019, 12:12 PM
eXCELLENt LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Major General -<br>A troop of cattle rustlers approaches. Their captain is often compared to myself but their most dangerous soldier is Lt Hopkins, whose long range strikes are deleterious. Our infirmary tent overflows but the cannon has been braced for heavy fire. <br>- Capt. Mahomes</p>&mdash; Capt. Patrick Mahomes (@CaptMahomesII) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptMahomesII/status/1182452140712878081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare
10-12-2019, 12:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Ek2ArdQM4c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want to feel like this when KC beats the Pat's and then the Championship, because the media will be forced to stroke the Arrowhead dick

chiefzilla1501
10-12-2019, 12:25 PM
They’re so stupid they’d still probably pass on Pat if give. Another chance. So cursed

For all the browns terrible decisions, this was actually a year that they got a good pick. Myles Garrett is outstanding. They actually made the right call by not drafting Trubisky. Can't blame any team for not seeing mahomes as the #1 draft pick.Where they messed up big time was, how in the world did they sit on that 12 pick with DeShaun Watson on the board and trade down?

That was the idiocy of the browns former GM. More interested in stockpiling picks than swinging for the fences. The browns traded out of picks that could have gotten them Wentz and Watson, and instead ended up with baker Mayfield. It's almost poetic.

Megatron96
10-12-2019, 12:49 PM
The Browns have made some historically bad decisions at the draft for years now. Especially at QB. But also at several other positions. Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, etc.

But Miles Garrett was a great pick. But their offensive line is one of the worst in football. And I don't think they did anything about it in the draft. Or if they did, they chose poorly. Again.

However, the promotion of Kitchens to HC is yet another terrible decision that will cost them in both the short and the long term, unless they replace him next season with a competent HC.

MahiMike
10-12-2019, 02:07 PM
I understand the comparisons. Just enjoy the next Manning/Brady rivalry.

St. Patty's Fire
10-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Watson’s career ceiling is mediocre at best on a long-term scale and I am not fooling myself.

Mahomes’s career ceiling is best ever.

Mahomes is better than Watson, yes. Doesn’t mean Watson is average, saying that his ceiling is “average” is absolutely ridiculous when he’s already a well above average QB.

-King-
10-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Mahomes is better than Watson, yes. Doesn’t mean Watson is average, saying that his ceiling is “average” is absolutely ridiculous when he’s already a well above average QB.

This. He was better than Rodgers and Brady last year and so far this year.

St. Patty's Fire
10-12-2019, 02:33 PM
This. He was better than Rodgers and Brady last year and so far this year.

I legitimately wonder if some of the posters here actually watch non Chiefs football with some of the declarations they make. Saying Watson is average is some Bayless level spewing, I do not understand how someone could turn on a Texans game and say “hmmm yeah this Watson guy? He’s nothing special”. He has a shit o line and shit coach, there’s only so much he can do. He wrings every drop of potential out of that skeleton of a roster. Take him away and that’s a 6-10 team at BEST.

-King-
10-12-2019, 03:17 PM
I legitimately wonder if some of the posters here actually watch non Chiefs football with some of the declarations they make. Saying Watson is average is some Bayless level spewing, I do not understand how someone could turn on a Texans game and say “hmmm yeah this Watson guy? He’s nothing special”. He has a shit o line and shit coach, there’s only so much he can do. He wrings every drop of potential out of that skeleton of a roster. Take him away and that’s a 6-10 team at BEST.

We saw when that happened his rookie year. He went 3-3 his first 3 games and when he got injured the Texans won 1 more game the rest of the year.

I think some people here think admitting how good he is somehow diminishes how special Mahomes is when really it's the opposite.

St. Patty's Fire
10-12-2019, 03:24 PM
We saw when that happened his rookie year. He went 3-3 his first 3 games and when he got injured the Texans won 1 more game the rest of the year.

I think some people here think admitting how good he is somehow diminishes how special Mahomes is when really it's the opposite.

It’s all Deberg’s fault LMAO

WhiteWhale
10-12-2019, 04:23 PM
People are kinda overlooking the obvious.

The media's favorite thing to do is build someone up and then tear them down.

The media helped build up Mahomes (I've never seen a player more hyped than Mahomes, justified or not), but now they're all aching to tear him down.

WhiteWhale
10-12-2019, 04:24 PM

This board has a weird habit of kinda group-think hatred towards specific players.

Russell Wilson and Watson are two guys that, for whatever reason, a ton of folks around here love to insist aren't good even though they OBVIOUSLY are. You can watch videos of Watson throwing over 55 yards accurately and people act like he's got the weakest arm of all time. It's dumb. There was a lot of pre-draft hate for the guy, and you know how people are. Most would rather double down on being wrong than just admit they were wrong.

Prior to Mahomes I'd have been more than happy with either guy.

One annoying thing about Watson is media still acts like he's a big game QB because of what he did at Clemson. Dude had one playoff game and he was ****ing TERRIBLE. He was turfing passes 3 feet in front of wide open guys. It was a train wreck. I prefer guys make big plays in big NFL games before giving them that moniker, and I don't personally believe 'primetime' makes a game more important. Big games are playoff games or games with major playoff implications at the end of the season.

I saw all I needed from Mahomes in the 4th quarter of the Patriots game. What he did to tie the game up and send it to OT was SPECIAL. People can focus on the loss, but I know what I saw.

Megatron96
10-12-2019, 05:04 PM
This board has a weird habit of kinda group-think hatred towards specific players.

Russell Wilson and Watson are two guys that, for whatever reason, a ton of folks around here love to insist aren't good even though they OBVIOUSLY are. You can watch videos of Watson throwing over 55 yards accurately and people act like he's got the weakest arm of all time. It's dumb. There was a lot of pre-draft hate for the guy, and you know how people are. Most would rather double down on being wrong than just admit they were wrong.

Prior to Mahomes I'd have been more than happy with either guy.

One annoying thing about Watson is media still acts like he's a big game QB because of what he did at Clemson. Dude had one playoff game and he was ****ing TERRIBLE. He was turfing passes 3 feet in front of wide open guys. It was a train wreck. I prefer guys make big plays in big NFL games before giving them that moniker, and I don't personally believe 'primetime' makes a game more important. Big games are playoff games or games with major playoff implications at the end of the season.

I saw all I needed from Mahomes in the 4th quarter of the Patriots game. What he did to tie the game up and send it to OT was SPECIAL. People can focus on the loss, but I know what I saw.

Solid post. 'Nuff said.

Baby Lee
10-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Well, he even spotted Patty HFA. . .

Monkey God
10-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Based on today's performance/result...seems to be a very legitimate conversation. Stats close to equal and Watson get the "W" in Pat's house.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Watson is legit. Houston has a better roster than us. How sad is that?

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 02:16 PM

Get ready for some of that exposure that comes with national media attention, bud.

Baby Lee
Watson is legit. Houston has a better roster than us. How sad is that?

Almost as sad as all the pissing you did on people who pointed out these shortcomings and how they would affect us long long ago.

eDave
Get used to it now.

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Get ready for some of that exposure that comes with national media attention, bud.

Well no shit with the refs and the shitty defense it's exactly what the NFL wanted a marquee name recognition in Texas.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Well no shit with the refs and the shitty defense it's exactly what the NFL wanted a marquee name recognition in Texas.

The NFL is angling to get marquee name recognition in Texas by the Chiefs having a dogshit defense and "refs". LOL

This team deserves *ZERO* run on a national level outside of the glory that is Mahomes and Reek.

UChieffyBugger
10-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Based on today's performance/result...seems to be a very legitimate conversation. Stats close to equal and Watson get the "W" in Pat's house.

But you can't base everything on one game though. Pats lost to the Jaggs, Dolphins, Lions etc last year..were those qb's equal to Brady?

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2019, 03:49 PM
The NFL is angling to get marquee name recognition in Texas by the Chiefs having a dogshit defense and "refs".

This team deserves *ZERO* run on a national level outside of the glory that is Mahomes and Reek.

Nice attitude you have there nephew

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Nice attitude you have there nephew

It is a realistic attitude based on a lifetime of failure from the team I follow, Unc.

I understand why people are tripping all over themselves in a rush to announce to the world that THE CHIEFS HAVE ARRIVED because of Mahomes (and because we haven't seen anything like him before) but... fuck, having a "good attitude" has gotten us exactly what?

We will get "exposure" when we deserve it... good or bad. Until then, whinging about comparisons between two *REALLY* good QB's is silly. Demanding more coverage is dumb.

If and when then Chiefs learn to play football we will get all the coverage you can handle. Until then... be glad they aren't already asking if Mahomes is gonna stick around this shit show when it is time to get a new contract.

Prison Bitch
10-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Watson had a 54 rating (pat 96) and tried to give us the game with that awful pick

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2019, 04:16 PM
It is a realistic attitude based on a lifetime of failure from the team I follow.

I understand why people are tripping all over themselves in a rush to announce to the world that THE CHIEFS HAVE ARRIVED because of Mahomes (and because we haven't seen anything like him before) but... fuck, having a "good attitude" has gotten us exactly what?

We will get "exposure" when we deserve it... good or bad. Until then, whinging about comparisons between two *REALLY* good QB's is silly. Demanding more coverage is dumb.

If and when then Chiefs learn to play football we will get all the coverage you can handle. Until then... be glad they aren't already asking if Mahomes is gonna stick around this shit show when it is time to get a new contract.

It's not "realism", you see come here with a totally different perspective, because again this ChiefsPlanet was the grassroots movement that changed the Pioli regime then going through Alex and then hitting on Mahomes. If we all are indifferent with this talent in Mahomes in general then essentially this fanbase is no better than the average big market clubs who's as fairweather as it gets.

Demanding the exposure is basis why CP started SOC, if we didn't Pioli and his cronies would still be here

Baby Lee
10-13-2019, 04:17 PM
But you can't base everything on one game though. Pats lost to the Jaggs, Dolphins, Lions etc last year..were those qb's equal to Brady?

So is your argument that, come playoff time, Mahomes is going to tell the team 'me and coach have 6 SB victories and HERE'S IS HOW IT'S GONNA BE?'

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 05:20 PM
It's not "realism", you see come here with a totally different perspective, because again this ChiefsPlanet was the grassroots movement that changed the Pioli regime then going through Alex and then hitting on Mahomes. If we all are indifferent with this talent in Mahomes in general then essentially this fanbase is no better than the average big market clubs who's as fairweather as it gets.

Demanding the exposure is basis why CP started SOC, if we didn't Pioli and his cronies would still be here

Demanding change from the leadership is nowhere even remotely in the same realm as demanding more media attention and taking offense a QB got compared to another.

Funny... Mahomes gets compared to Watson and people lose their shit.

Aikman gets snippy when Mahomes gets compared to him and...

https://i.imgur.com/cP4DsvD.jpg

Inferiority complex much?

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Demanding change from the leadership is nowhere even remotely in the same realm as demanding more media attention and taking offense a QB got compared to another.

Funny... Mahomes gets compared to Watson and people lose their shit.

Aikman gets snippy when Mahomes gets compared to him and...

https://i.imgur.com/cP4DsvD.jpg

Inferiority complex much?

You simply don't get it

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 06:04 PM
You simply don't get it

How when it comes from you, or other fans, "defending" our guy and demanding media attention it isn't an "inferiority complex"? Or the irony in you pointing out someone else's inferiority complex while completely refusing to acknowledge your own?

No... I don't get it.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Watson was trash today, drops or not.

He'll never be Mahomes. Checkdown artist.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-13-2019, 06:07 PM
He'll never be Mahomes.

Mahomes is the product of Zeus fucking around on earth again and Pat Sr. is being a bro about it.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 04:55 PM
JOKE ASS passing chart

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_WAT338355_2019-reg-6_1570998224823.jpeg

stevieray
10-14-2019, 05:00 PM
JOKE ASS passing chart

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_WAT338355_2019-reg-6_1570998224823.jpeg

dink and dunk R us.

TomB
10-14-2019, 05:01 PM
Geez, you people are paranoid. Who cares what the media says?

-King-
10-14-2019, 05:08 PM
JOKE ASS passing chart

That's basically just like Mahomes'...

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_MAH401939_2019-reg-6_1570998302008.jpeg