PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It’s never going to change as long as Andy is here

RunKC
10-13-2019, 02:13 PM
The defense will never be good and it was only good when Andy got here bc he inherited Berry, Poe, DJ, Tamba and Houston all in their prime from prior regimes.

Andy runs this team. Nobody else but him. Not Veach, not Spags. Andy hired his friend to run the defense and that’s why they suck.

There’s a reason this team has been really good at finding offensive players and terrible at finding players on defense.

Any of you wanting to keep Andy? Have fun with your regular season wins and don’t forget your grill in the parking lot when Andy chokes again in January.

Same. Bullshit. Four. Years. In. A. Row.

Fire Andy Reid

Three7s
10-13-2019, 02:14 PM
The defense will never be good and it was only good when Andy got here bc he inherited Berry, Poe, DJ, Tamba and Houston all in their prime from prior regimes.

Andy runs this team. Nobody else but him. Not Veach, not Spags. Andy hired his friend to run the defense and that’s why they suck.

There’s a reason this team has been really good at finding offensive players and terrible at finding players on defense.

Any of you wanting to keep Andy? Have fun with your regular season wins and don’t forget your grill in the parking lot when Andy chokes again.

Same. Bullshit. Four. Years. In. A. Row.

Fire Andy Reid
Get rid of Veach while you're at it.

TLO
10-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Thanks

rabblerouser
10-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Been saying this for years.

493rd
10-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Andy is just soft and his teams reflect that. No Jim Johnson here.

New World Order
10-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Mahomes will be enough to keep the coaching staff and front office employed.

Imon Yourside
10-13-2019, 02:17 PM
I don't think it would matter who we bring in, we're just eternally cursed and hated by the league.

gold_and_red
10-13-2019, 02:18 PM
One SB appearance in 20 years!! Can't attribute all those failures to bad luck alone.

CHunt has to make a strong call. If the D is going to need multiple years to fix (which is looking likely) why would we not simply start over after this year? It is not like Reid is just one piece away from the SB.

notorious
10-13-2019, 02:18 PM
https://serving.photos.photobox.com/7150767772d0103bfe7153f02be1c075b44faa62b066486b90be42fe7254030da78594d5.jpg

notorious
10-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Look familiar?

FlorentinePogen
10-13-2019, 02:21 PM
So who is a good replacement for Reid?

kcclone
10-13-2019, 02:21 PM
We peaked last year, when we struck the lottery with a stud QB on a rookie contract and were basically injury free.

The Reid downtrend will commence now. The blueprint is out on how to beat us.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 02:22 PM
Eagles fan tried warning us

BlackHelicopters
10-13-2019, 02:23 PM
The league has long had a book on Andy. Now they have a book on Andy and Pat.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
So who is a good replacement for Reid?

I’d go with Bieniemy and make Kafka the OC

Baby Lee
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Qjf12eSG7eypG" width="480" height="335" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/film-humphrey-bogart-casablanca-Qjf12eSG7eypG">via GIPHY</a></p>

notorious
This should be the 3rd loss in a row, and we all know it.

FlorentinePogen
10-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Pat's not the problem. FOH.

Gravedigger
10-13-2019, 02:25 PM

God no. Bieniemy is fool's gold.

tbischiefsdaddy
10-13-2019, 02:25 PM
remember how the goat tom brady and belichek destroyed your hopes of going to the superbowl last year?

jd1020
10-13-2019, 02:27 PM
remember how the goat tom brady and belichek destroyed your hopes of going to the superbowl last year?

Nope. That was Dee Ford.

Three7s
10-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Why do all of these Patriots trolls keep showing up?

Shouldn't they be planning their next SB parade instead of annoying us?

KCFTW
10-13-2019, 02:28 PM
There's a fairly decent chance we miss the playoffs...that should result in Reid's immediate termination.

NE has a top defense year after year with late round draft picks. A coach who understands defense would inform the GM on how to draft.

RINGLEADER
10-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Down 7 with 5 minutes left, 2nd and 14, Mahomes is your QB.

Run.

Don't need to say anything else.

FlorentinePogen
10-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Drink bleach. Lots of it

jd1020
10-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Down 7 with 5 minutes left, 2nd and 14, Mahomes is your QB.

Run.

Don't need to say anything else.

2 weeks in a row.

People can bitch about the defense all they want but the offense has had the ball in their possession 2 weeks in a row with a chance to ice the game and they havent gotten a single first down.

DelFan
I live 30-minutes south of Philly and I root for the Chiefs as my #1 team and the Eagles are my #2 team. It was the worst day of my life when KC hired Andy. I had 14 years of watching him on the area team with heavy coverage. I was so happy when he left Philly. People at work teased me that he would go to KC. The big joke turned out to be true. AAAHHH!

neech

Yes they did.

RINGLEADER
10-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Not sure what Veach has done other than give bloated cap-killing contracts to players who have performed everywhere but here.

I don't buy the story that he found Mahomes at all.

RINGLEADER
10-13-2019, 02:32 PM
2 weeks in a row.

People can bitch about the defense all they want but the offense has had the ball in their possession 2 weeks in a row with a chance to ice the game and they havent gotten a single first down.

Mahomes with 30 yards passing in second half and the team with 50 in the second half.

That's pathetic.

mlyonsd
Not sure what Veach has done other than give bloated cap-killing contracts to players who have performed everywhere but here.

I don't buy the story that he found Mahomes at all.
Even if he did find him Veach has shown little GM skills to date. We really fucked up letting Dorsey go.

Imon Yourside
Veach has proven to be a dumpster fire that much is 100% true.

bobbything
To even remotely suggest that Mahomes is somehow an issue is weird.

kcxiv
10-13-2019, 02:33 PM

what choice did any of the Chiefs fans really have? We had no choice but to give |Andy a shot, because he was here if people liked it or not.

DelFan
10-13-2019, 02:33 PM
Mahomes with 30 yards passing in second half and the team with 50 in the second half.

That's pathetic.

An injured Mahomes that should not be playing.

jd1020
10-13-2019, 02:34 PM
what choice did any of the Chiefs fans really have? We had no choice but to give |Andy a shot, because he was here if people liked it or not.

Choice to be a fan yadda yadda.

FlorentinePogen
10-13-2019, 02:34 PM
This sucks, it really does. I'm worried about getting stuck in the same purgatory the Eagles found themselves in. Frustrating as hell to see Andy repeating the same mistakes he's made for years on gameday. Frustrating as hell that we end up with Andy's buddy as def. coordinator and it looks like an absolute disaster.

I'm pissed. We're all pissed. I'm gonna get drunk.

Imon Yourside
10-13-2019, 02:35 PM
The NFL is just entertainment, no use getting your hopes up for anything but the pro wrestling style tbh.

DelFan
10-13-2019, 02:40 PM
I'm certainly pessimistic about things due to Andy, but I think a fairly healthy Chiefs team can outplay his shortcomings. They have done it before. We didn't have that kind of team today, but we may in a few weeks.

jd1020
10-13-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm certainly pessimistic about things due to Andy, but I think a fairly healthy Chiefs team can outplay his shortcomings. They have done it before. We didn't have that kind of team today, but we may in a few weeks.

When did they do it? They still dont have a SB win under Reid.

DRM08
10-13-2019, 02:43 PM

The book on Pat seems to be “hope that he’s injured.”

Imon Yourside
10-13-2019, 02:44 PM
It's the same threads I've seen in the Past. This team will never go anywhere with Marty/Dick/Andy in charge. Rinse/repeat same old stuff, NFL makes lots of money yay.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2019, 02:44 PM
To even remotely suggest that Mahomes is somehow an issue is weird.

Well, he is on pace to throw 3 picks this year.

rabblerouser
10-13-2019, 02:45 PM

NO.

kcclone
10-13-2019, 02:46 PM
The book on Pat seems to be “hope that he’s injured.”

Well, with this shitty OL and defense that Reid and Veach keep putting out there, that doesn't seem like a long shot bet.

I'll be surprised if he plays 15 games this year because we can't run. We can't protect and we can't stop anyone defensively.

arrwheader
10-13-2019, 02:46 PM
https://youtu.be/I-bsHJt1-_M

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Baby Lee
10-13-2019, 02:47 PM

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT WE ACCOMPLISH 'IN A FEW WEEKS?'

coachwalrusss
10-13-2019, 02:47 PM
but you morons were saying coach walrus is the best coach and mahomes is the best QB.

can't sniff belicheks and tb12's jockstraps ever in their lifetime.

RunKC
10-13-2019, 02:48 PM
We gave up a 14 point lead today.

Just pathetic

JakeF
10-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Reid should never have been considered any more than a rebuild coach. Alex Smith and Andy Reid were both guys to help turn the organization around. They both should have been replaced after the rebuild was complete.

Mahomes didn't need Andy Reid to be successful.

FloridaMan88
10-13-2019, 03:03 PM
I would take Chris Ballard and Frank Reich in a heartbeat.

They built a solid team around their franchise QB before he retired/quit.

Nzoner
10-13-2019, 03:34 PM
It's the same threads I've seen in the Past. This team will never go anywhere with Marty/Dick/Andy in charge. Rinse/repeat same old stuff, NFL makes lots of money yay.

LMAO

I was thinking the same thing just replace Andy with ______________ and fill in any of KC's coaches after Hank.

rabblerouser
10-13-2019, 03:37 PM

This team HAS NEVER went anywhere with Marty/Dick/Andy in charge. 0/2 in AFCCGs in my lifetime.

IN MY LIFETIME.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-13-2019, 03:39 PM
The problem isn't Reid the coach, although he has major flaws. The problem is Reid the ego, who believes he can guide personnel decisions and coach. Veach is a toadie, and that's why he signed off on deals like the Clark trade.

BlackHelicopters
10-13-2019, 03:42 PM
LMAO

I was thinking the same thing just replace Andy with ______________ and fill in any of KC's coaches after Hank.

50+ fucking years.

eDave
10-13-2019, 03:43 PM
ANDY NEEDS TO PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS FAT FUCKING STOMACH. FAT SON OF A BITCH.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2019, 03:44 PM
The sad thing is, the things that Andy is good at aren't exclusive to him. ANY legit HC in this league can do and DOES do the things that Reid is constantly praised for.

rabblerouser
10-13-2019, 04:20 PM
This sucks, it really does. I'm worried about getting stuck in the same purgatory the Eagles found themselves in. Frustrating as hell to see Andy repeating the same mistakes he's made for years on gameday. Frustrating as hell that we end up with Andy's buddy as def. coordinator and it looks like an absolute disaster.

I'm pissed. We're all pissed. I'm gonna get drunk.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnknownGrayArgusfish-max-1mb.gif

Jerm
10-13-2019, 04:23 PM
The sad thing is, the things that Andy is good at aren't exclusive to him. ANY legit HC in this league can do and DOES do the things that Reid is constantly praised for.

...and the things he's bad at are lethal for a team.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-13-2019, 04:30 PM
A bunch of dumb mother fuckers in here... Andy has had 1 year with true "franchise" QB starting and he was one dumb offsides away a SB... We have 6 starters out at KEY positions and a very gimpy MVP QB and we lost 2 close games... you guys are worse than your wife barking at you for leaving socks on your bathroom floor...

YontsRBake
10-13-2019, 04:38 PM
You guys are ridiculous lmao. We lost a WEEK 6 game. Week fkn 6.

You guys are acting like we just got bounced in the offs, like the defending SB champions didn't get destroyed against the Titans and Lions last year, like the regular season actually matters.

Wait til we see how the playoffs actually play out before posting this kind of sh1t.

iDeaL
10-13-2019, 04:45 PM
You guys are ridiculous lmao. We lost a WEEK 6 game. Week fkn 6.

You guys are acting like we just got bounced in the offs, like the defending SB champions didn't get destroyed against the Titans and Lions last year, like the regular season actually matters.

Wait til we see how the playoffs actually play out before posting this kind of sh1t.

I definitely understand that sentiment. We have the kind of team now with Mahomes that all we really need to do is sneak into the playoffs as a WC and then anything can happen. Many teams have done it, recent examples: 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens.. But what should make any of us think that in a big game situation, the same things that have been our undoing in the regular season wouldn't rear its ugly head again? Idk man, its just hard to see with this team right now.

BWillie
10-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Andy Reid is the best coach I've ever seen the Chiefs have in my life. You won't do better.

notorious
10-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Andy Reid is the best coach I've ever seen the Chiefs have in my life. You won't do better.

If only he could learn from his mistakes.

eDave
10-13-2019, 04:49 PM

Yes. But not good enough.

And sure we can, Homer.

St. Patty's Fire
10-13-2019, 04:51 PM
I would take Chris Ballard and Frank Reich in a heartbeat.

They built a solid team around their franchise QB before he retired/quit.

They went from no O line to best in the league in the span of two seasons.

YontsRBake
10-13-2019, 04:56 PM
I definitely understand that sentiment. We have the kind of team now with Mahomes that all we really need to do is sneak into the playoffs as a WC and then anything can happen. Many teams have done it, recent examples: 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens.. But what should make any of us think that in a big game situation, the same things that have been our undoing in the regular season wouldn't rear its ugly head again? Idk man, its just hard to see with this team right now.

It's all about January and February to me. It's always been about that. I've watched this team win 10+ games just to get bounced quick in the playoffs at home too many times to care about being incredible in the reg season anywhere beyond just making it.

I think the most important thing for us is we just need to get healthy and regain some confidence offensively going into January. Like the teams you named and several more, it's really all about just getting hot at the right time.

GloryDayz
10-13-2019, 05:08 PM
How long before Mahomes starts thinking/looking beyond the Chiefs? If he survives his rookie contract....

GloryDayz
10-13-2019, 05:10 PM
If only he could learn from his mistakes.

He may "learn" from them, but I think it's clear he doesn't fix what he learns.

jd1020
10-13-2019, 05:13 PM

It took Doug Pederson 2 seasons to do what Reid has been trying to accomplish since 1999.

crayzkirk
10-13-2019, 06:00 PM
I'm bummed and depressed. Went out to mow after the turnover just before half-time and then went fishing on the DPI review that wasn't.

Whomever is in charge has neglected the basics of the football team. Giving up two draft picks and $20M for a DL was not a good choice.

So, we are eight years into the Andy Reid experiment. This is about the time that the Marty experiment went off the rails.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results.

Was against the Andy/Alex experiment and now our QBOF is getting destroyed because he has no help at all.

Last week, the same speech about fixing the penalties and stopping the run. I facing the fact that as long as Reid is here and has control, this is what we get. Where is the offensive genius? 17 in the first Q and 7 in the next 3 Qs?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Yes, winning will never change. Glad we cleared that up.

Enjoy the magical postseason run to come.

crayzkirk
10-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Yes, winning will never change. Glad we cleared that up.

Enjoy the magical postseason run to come.

I wish I still had that youthful optimism. I'm not certain that this team is even going to make it to the postseason. They've lost two games at home, are undisciplined and pathetic on defense.

chiefzilla1501
10-13-2019, 06:12 PM
I'm bummed and depressed. Went out to mow after the turnover just before half-time and then went fishing on the DPI review that wasn't.

Whomever is in charge has neglected the basics of the football team. Giving up two draft picks and $20M for a DL was not a good choice.

So, we are eight years into the Andy Reid experiment. This is about the time that the Marty experiment went off the rails.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results.

Was against the Andy/Alex experiment and now our QBOF is getting destroyed because he has no help at all.

Last week, the same speech about fixing the penalties and stopping the run. I facing the fact that as long as Reid is here and has control, this is what we get. Where is the offensive genius? 17 in the first Q and 7 in the next 3 Qs?

It's not even close to the same thing. We are year 2 into using a once a generation young qb. Reid also isn't even close to the biggest reason we lost the afc championship game. I get flustered with Reid a lot too. But enough crazy talk. That being said... If Chunt has as much power as he does, he had better give spags and veach very very short rope. They have a chance to turn this around but let's be real, they are complete failures so far.

siberian khatru
10-13-2019, 06:14 PM
It took Doug Pederson 2 seasons to do what Reid has been trying to accomplish since 1999.

With a backup QB

Baby Lee
10-13-2019, 06:15 PM
It's not even close to the same thing. We are year 2 into using a once a generation young qb. Reid also isn't even close to the biggest reason we lost the afc championship game. I get flustered with Reid a lot too. But enough crazy talk. That being said... If Chunt has as much power as he does, he had better give spags and veach very very short rope. They have a chance to turn this around but let's be real, they are complete failures so far.

Whatever you define as the 'reason' we lost the AFCC last year, that reason is performing worse this year.

We're hoping against hope a generational talent can cover even more sins than he already has.

And we're also a year closer to a generational talent earning generational talent money.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2019, 06:16 PM
I wish I still had that youthful optimism. I'm not certain that this team is even going to make it to the postseason. They've lost two games at home, are undisciplined and pathetic on defense.

go ahead and ignore the entire football histories of patrick mahomes and andy reid

crayzkirk
10-13-2019, 06:30 PM
go ahead and ignore the entire football histories of patrick mahomes and andy reid

It might be best TO ignore the playoff history of Andy Reid. Patrick Mahomes is a special talent with two playoff games under his belt. I don't like to mention him in the same sentence however John Elway didn't have a lot of success until he got a solid defense and a running game.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2019, 06:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGzLk19WoAE084u?format=jpg&name=medium

Chiefshrink
10-13-2019, 06:50 PM

Because they could run the ball thus had TOP !!!!!!:p

Chiefshrink
10-13-2019, 06:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGzLk19WoAE084u?format=jpg&name=medium

A weak schedule really helped that 11-5 record on top of that Paper Tiger Defense that year that so many still here on the board talk about.:rolleyes: