PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2020. What do we need?

HonestChieffan
10-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Decent team that can win against weak teams but the last two weeks show this outfit is exposed. Where do they start?

ThaVirus
10-13-2019, 03:50 PM
We need to beef up the OL and draft some fucking athletes at every level of the defense.

Everyone on our defense is either garbage, a role player in a starter's role, disinterested, or a shit athlete. The CBs can't cover without holding/interfering, the safeties are often beaten deep/don't do shit in run support, the LBs are weak, slow and fucking dumb, and the DL can't disengage a blocker to save their shitty fucking careers.

Even Chris Jones, far and away our best defender, leaves a lot to be desired in run support/gap control.

When Daniel Sorenson appears to be one of your better defenders, you know you've got problems. And that's actually how I know this defense is truly worse this year than last. Last season Sorenson stuck out like a sore thumb as one of our worst. This year, I'm actually sort of pleased to see him out there around the ball because I trust him to make the play more than anyone else.

FringeNC
10-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Keeping Mahomes from being abused should be the number one priority of the franchise.

comochiefsfan
O-Line
Edge rushers
Linebackers
D tackles
Corner
Running back
Defensive Coordinator
GM

Just a slight tune up and we’re set!

FAH-Q
We need to beef up the OL and draft some ****ing athletes at every level of the defense.

This. Invest heavily in the OL. The number one priority is to protect your damn franchise. Stop relying on these journeymen lineman to miraculously look like all pros. Need to get much better and more physical on both the offensive and defensive line.

kcclone
10-13-2019, 03:53 PM
OL, LB, CB in that order

In58men
10-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Anyone that can stay healthy?

Am I right?

BlackHelicopters
10-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Two O lineman.
One WR.
Three D linemen.
Three LBs.
Four secondary players.
New D coordinator.
New GM.

KC Hawks
Some fatties for sure. I don't know how many plays would've gone for a TD this season if Mahomes had one more second to throw, but it seems like a bunch.

New World Order
Interior OL, DT, DE, MLB, SLB, WLB, CB,

Megatron96
10-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Middle linebackers. All-Pro level guys.

Restock OL.

Replace Watkins with a clone that can stay healthy.

Replace DTs with a couple guys that can stop the run.

All done.

siberian khatru
10-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Keeping Mahomes from being abused should be the number one priority of the franchise.

Thumbs up.

Especially since we can’t get the fucking D right to save our lives.

jspchief
10-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Here's an easier game:

Name the defensive players that should be kept. Replace the other 9 guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New World Order
10-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Middle linebackers. All-Pro level guys.

Restock OL.

Replace Watkins with a clone that can stay healthy.

Replace DTs with a couple guys that can stop the run.

All done.

They need to trade Watkins and get something for him now.

ClevelandBronco
10-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Two O lineman.
One WR.
Three D linemen.
Three LBs.
Four secondary players.
New D coordinator.
New GM.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Here's an easier game:

Mathieu and Thornhill. That’s it

notorious
10-13-2019, 04:04 PM
A new hobby.

Flying High D
10-13-2019, 04:05 PM
O-Line
Edge rushers
Linebackers
D tackles
Corner
Running back
Defensive Coordinator
GM

Just a slight tune up and we’re set!

We need all this and how long has fat boy been here? Get him the fuck out here.

Iconic
10-13-2019, 04:07 PM
oline, oline, and more ****ing oline. im done with this 'all in' bullshit. you build the team right, build depth, and protect your qb. from there you can win championships year in and year out with mahomes. what ballard is doing with the colts is an example of how things are supposed to be done.

Flying High D
10-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Here's an easier game:

Name the defensive players that should be kept. Replace the other 9 all 11 guys.

Corrected

GloucesterChief
10-13-2019, 04:29 PM
1) Dump GM. Veach has proven he can't find talent particularly Defensive talent.
1b)If Andy has a problem with this tell him to take his playoff loser ass out the door.

2) Build lines. OL and DL. Trade Jones and Clark for picks if you can.

Meatloaf
10-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Pretty easy really.

(1) OL fatties - Some of our starters are meh (Wylie, Reiter) and most of our backups are meh-minus-minus-minus.

(1) LBs - Hitchens is ok (but not a game changer); the rest are not good (as in BAD). Really good Ds have good/very good LBs as obviously they can help against both the run and the pass. Ours pretty much do neither. Seriously, they simply don't make plays (and yes, that's hard to believe).

(3-7) More OLs and LBs.

(8) New ST coach since clearly Toub no longer has answers.

(9-10) I'm reserving these for potentially a new DC and a new GM. I'd give Veach a bit more time, but Spags just looks like an old defensive mind; I fear we need some new blood in that position.

Fishpicker
10-13-2019, 04:36 PM
just stoppin' by to say I hate the football-fan argot: fatties

but I do wish we would draft some OL. even if its just a few late picks for depth.

St. Patty's Fire
10-13-2019, 04:39 PM
O line and d line. Build those first and the rest will fall into place.

Don’t exactly have any faith in Veach to do that though. Probably move up to draft a receiver.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-13-2019, 04:42 PM
LT, LG, C, DT, DE, DT, DE, LB, LB, LB, CB, CB, CB, and perhaps a DC.

Chris Meck
10-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Here's an easier game:

I'd keep Honey Badger.

Chris Meck
10-13-2019, 04:43 PM
O line and d line. Build those first and the rest will fall into place.

Don’t exactly have any faith in Veach to do that though. Probably move up to draft a receiver.

This.

We don't control the line of scrimmage. That has to change.

GloucesterChief
10-13-2019, 04:44 PM
Doesn't matter if you identify needs if your GM and talent evaluation sucks.

BossChief
10-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Do we have a return policy on the trade for Frank Clark and the signings of Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens?

redshirt32
10-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Well for starters stop this running back by committe for gods sake. They run dat in there ,shady DW Darrell needs to be the starting RB.
Def is fkd wasted money for next 2 years.

Overall bad job by manager and Hunt for signing off on it.
I dont see a short time fix, Mahomes has to be wondering or thinking ill get paid but ill be out of the leauge with this shit show organization.

Megatron96
10-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Hitchens is not okay.

None of the LBs are above average. But this is a problem that most knew before the season started. Hell, the defense might look a lot different IF we had even just a couple above average LBs, particularly a solid run-stuffing middle linebacker.

Flying High D
10-13-2019, 04:49 PM
This defense kicked ass til the games started. I listened to what they were saying. They were saying they were kicking ass. Then the games started. I bet if the games never started they would still be kicking ass. Damn mule dick lickers.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-13-2019, 04:53 PM
We need to beef up the OL and draft some ****ing athletes at every level of the defense.

Everyone on our defense is either garbage, a role player in a starter's role, disinterested, or a shit athlete. The CBs can't cover without holding/interfering, the safeties are often beaten deep/don't do shit in run support, the LBs are weak, slow and ****ing dumb, and the DL can't disengage a blocker to save their shitty ****ing careers.

Even Chris Jones, far and away our best defender, leaves a lot to be desired in run support/gap control.

When Daniel Sorenson appears to be one of your better defenders, you know you've got problems. And that's actually how I know this defense is truly worse this year than last. Last season Sorenson stuck out like a sore thumb as one of our worst. This year, I'm actually sort of pleased to see him out there around the ball because I trust him to make the play more than anyone else.

I think that’s an overreaction. This is really the first game in which an offense truly had their way with our D so far. The others have at least been slowed a bit. Houston blew up for 50+ last week, after making some tweaks. There’s a chance that they’re just a really good offense now.

ThaVirus
10-13-2019, 04:58 PM
I think that’s an overreaction. This is really the first game in which an offense truly had their way with our D so far. The others have at least been slowed a bit. Houston blew up for 50+ last week, after making some tweaks. There’s a chance that they’re just a really good offense now.

We're likely to see other really good offenses as the season, and the postseason in particular, progresses.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 04:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">55 don’t fit with spags scheme</p>&mdash; shaun smith (@autumnsjs90) <a href="https://twitter.com/autumnsjs90/status/1183458363952304129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

iDeaL
10-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Bring Eric Berry in for a look?

ChiTown
10-13-2019, 05:01 PM
An order of everything, with an emphasis on OL/DL and LB’s

Aspengc8
10-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Hitchens is not okay.

None of the LBs are above average. But this is a problem that most knew before the season started. Hell, the defense might look a lot different IF we had even just a couple above average LBs, particularly a solid run-stuffing middle linebacker.

any linebackers that attack downhill would help the run d out tremendously at this point.

Chris Meck
10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Watkins and Hitchens cuts would save $15 million. (Hitch after June 1).

I'd seriously consider a tag and trade for Jones. He's going to want Aaron Donald money, but he's half the player. Almost as good a pass rusher, not nearly as good a run defender.

We're stuck with Clark until June 1, 2021.

Ward and Fenton are the ONLY CORNERS UNDER CONTRACT in 2020.

Jesus.

Facepalm.

We need DT's. We need LB'ers. We need CB's. We desperately need OL help.

Veach has really fucked this up.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-13-2019, 05:07 PM
The best possible middle linebacker. Who's also a badass, to light a fire under our passive, submissive defense. A true dawg. With intelligence.

Then a bunch of offensive linemen. Mahomes has proven without a doubt that he can turn any JAG into a good receiver. Keeping him healthy should be this franchise's #1 priority for the next 15 years.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Start Ragland next game

stumppy
10-13-2019, 05:11 PM
LB's and fatties.

44yearsandcounting
10-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Anyone still want to give up a 1st a 3rd and a player for Ramsey? Didn’t think so.
Problem is, do you trust the scouts, GM, and Reid to identify talent on the D side?

Valiant
10-13-2019, 05:21 PM
It is not just draft. Andy has to give up playcalling. All defensive coaches need let go. Online coach needs let go.

We never run stunts. Every 3 or 4 man rush is straight ahead. We do not disguise packages. Our dline can't get pressure which makes the bad secondary worse. We are so bad right now we don't know if any may have talent.
Starts with coaching. We need to tackle like pros. We whiff, bad angles, go for wrong parts. Then secondary and linebackers watch the ball in the air go to wrong then make a move to tackle. We also tackle and add yac.

Our lines suck week in week out because they are both soft. They are not NFL starting caliber. Hence why they get smashed each week. This offseasons needs minimum 2 starters on online. Dline may be saved a competent coach.

Andy needs a mcvay type offensive coordinator or give pat authority to call plays.
Again if I am guessing our play they are as also doing it.

Megatron96
10-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but I don't think the DBs are that bad. They're aren't elite or even top ten, but they are better than last year's group.

Also, anyone else remember just how much contact/grabbing/pushing/etc. they let go in the playoffs last year in the secondary? I think maybe we can live with Breeland and Claiborne getting a few flags now if they call things that way in the playoffs. AT least they aren't getting smoked like last year.

IMO, we just need our DTs and middle linebackers to do their jobs, attack their gaps and limit the other team's running attack, and our defense will be good enough to win in the playoffs.

Chief Roundup
10-13-2019, 07:43 PM
We may have problems with talent. The bigger problem is attitude. The coaches don't have the right attitude, still, and neither do the players.
Andy has to learn to RUN THE GOD DAMN FOOTBALL!!! We don't have to be the best at it but every team still has to do it.

HonestChieffan
10-13-2019, 08:16 PM
We're likely to see other really good offenses as the season, and the postseason in particular, progresses.

we wont be involved very long in the post season

MightyMouse
10-13-2019, 08:40 PM
A lot but realistically we know spags, Hitchens aren’t going anywhere. Money will be a issue and you can’t count on a draft picks to make a big difference especially Veach picks.
So we are not in good shape.
With that out of the way they need to find OL help bad. At least two
LB. They need to find one in a FA and land a solid one in the draft. These can be found in 2-4 rd.
Ward is the only comer signed next year so we need to add a few more scrubs there

KurtCobain
10-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Center. It all starts at center. I really felt that when we didn't solidify that position we would end up like the 2013 Ravens or the 2016 Panthers. We need an above average center who can stay healthy.

KCFalcon59
10-13-2019, 09:17 PM
G x2, C, MLB, OLB x2, CB, OL Coach, DL Coach, ST Coach. That should help.

Chieftain
10-13-2019, 09:22 PM
I'd rather we franchise tag and then trade Jones for a 1st and with the money we would've spent on him, we get a decent LB and above average interior DL. And with the pick draft the best offensive C available. Work our way down the draft in the second round with a CB, next round draft another LB. 4th round go for a TE.

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2019, 09:27 PM
OL,DL,LB,RB

Chiefshrink
10-13-2019, 09:27 PM
Mahomes has proven without a doubt that he can turn any JAG into a good receiver. Keeping him healthy should be this franchise's #1 priority for the next 15 years.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OKchiefs
10-13-2019, 09:53 PM
As long as Brett fucking Veach is here it won't matter.

oldman
10-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Fatties, both sides of the ball. When you have 4 RBs plus Sherman and can't run the ball, you have a problem. When your entire season depends on a QB and you don't protect him, you have a problem. When your D can't stop the run so your QB can get on the field, you have a problem.

FloridaMan88
10-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Mahomes has proven without a doubt that he can turn any JAG into a good receiver.

Except for DRob who can't even beat Shit Stain Gaines when single covered man to man.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 10:22 PM
LG and RG priorities!! LB should be a priority as well!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 10:23 PM
We may have a lot of money to spend if Mahomes becomes Lucked.

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Healthy starters. Injuries is the biggest problem every NFL team is going to struggle when you put in backups.

scho63
10-13-2019, 10:56 PM
http://www.holisticfamilypracticeva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/e7c0584255fa6f2981e510285a9e9e4f.jpg

stevieray
10-13-2019, 11:03 PM
...the same thing the SBIV team had.

Bad asses on BOTH sides of the ball.

This franchise can put up a helluva half a team.

Imon Yourside
10-13-2019, 11:06 PM
A new hobby.

Yup, I have that though. I just have chosen foolishly to invest in this one.

kcpasco
10-13-2019, 11:07 PM
Refs on our side

The Franchise
10-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Watkins and Hitchens cuts would save $15 million. (Hitch after June 1).

I'd seriously consider a tag and trade for Jones. He's going to want Aaron Donald money, but he's half the player. Almost as good a pass rusher, not nearly as good a run defender.

We're stuck with Clark until June 1, 2021.

Ward and Fenton are the ONLY CORNERS UNDER CONTRACT in 2020.

Jesus.

Facepalm.

We need DT's. We need LB'ers. We need CB's. We desperately need OL help.

Veach has really fucked this up.

2020:

Trade Watkins and Jones.
June 1st cut Hitchens.
Cut Damien Williams, Colquitt, Erving, Reiter and Sorensen.

2021:

June 1st cut Clark.

Imon Yourside
10-13-2019, 11:15 PM
Ball Savvy

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 11:17 PM
I’m sorry but we ain’t cutting Hitchens. He just restructured his contract. Another brain blunder by Veach

The Franchise
10-14-2019, 11:14 AM
2020:

Trade Watkins and Jones.
June 1st cut Hitchens.
Cut Damien Williams, Colquitt, Erving, Reiter and Sorensen.

2021:

June 1st cut Clark.

Those moves put our cap space at:

2019 - $22 million
2020 - $32 million
2021 - $80 million