PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baldinger ripped Spags for Clark....kinda

petegz28
10-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Talked about how you see JJ Watt spinning and turning and doing everything he can to get to the QB. In contrast you see Clark and the other D-lineman just bull rushing straight ahead. Essentially 4 guys just trying to run straight up the field.

Even the announcers during the game on a play talked about how wide Clark lined up and how the LT just had to just sort of step in the way and barely push Clark out just a step wider and he was out of the play.

I refuse to believe a player like Clark just started sucking this bad overnight. I am not saying this is the entire reason Clark has been not good but I do think there is something to this bullshit scheme we are seeing from Spags.

493rd
10-13-2019, 06:57 PM
Clark decided to relax when he got overpaid.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Shaun Smith former nut grabber said on Twitter that Clark doesn’t fit Spags scheme

RealSNR
10-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Isn't that more a Brendan Daly thing than a Spags thing?

I'm not trying to defend Spags, but a lot of that shit seems to me like it stems from not understanding how to play your position. The defensive coordinator has a lot to do with that, but at its heart, isn't that a position coach issue?

493rd
10-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Shaun Smith former nut grabber said on Twitter that Clark doesnít fit Spags scheme

You donít give a guy $100MM who doesnít fit the scheme.

FringeNC
10-13-2019, 07:01 PM
My guess is that it was Spags who lobbied hard to get Clark. I find it hard to believe Veach went after the guy unless Spags had a hard-on for him.

-King-
10-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Clark tries to spin sometimes. It just sucks and doesn't do anything.

MGRS13
10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Oh yea it's this darn scheme again. Look I'm not excusing spags certainly not mad that Bob is gone. But come on. These players suck. Clark is just the biggest example because if his pay check.
VEACH IS, HAS BEEN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE a terrible talent evaluator.
I now officially hope we do not make any trade at the deadline. If the chiefs do they will give up to much and get a shitty player in return.
It's not the scheme it's not the coach it's the GM. Time to find a real leader weather or not Andy likes it.

petegz28
10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Well something is completely broken with this defense. The don't do a fucking thing well at all. They don't tackle, they don't cover, they don't stop the run, they don't rush the passer.

That's a coaching problem all the way around except maybe the tackling.

-King-
10-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Well something is completely broken with this defense. The don't do a fucking thing well at all. They don't tackle, they don't cover, they don't stop the run, they don't rush the passer.

Oh....NOW you see it. Now it's okay to judge performances...

petegz28
10-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Oh....NOW you see it. Now it's okay to judge performances...

They have regressed considerably the last 2 weeks. Not just Clark. The entire defense.

Halfcan
10-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Andy is ultimately responsible. He has no idea how to manage a team and not choke every time the other team gets physical with us. Andy is soft and his teams are soft.

We will Never win anything with Andy as a coach. Never!

chiefzilla1501
10-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Andy is ultimately responsible. He has no idea how to manage a team and not choke every time the other team gets physical with us. Andy is soft and his teams are soft.

We will Never win anything with Andy as a coach. Never!

That's BS. Toughness is not usually an issue for Andy Reid. He can't control our offense injuries. The softness is all on defense. That falls on Andy for hiring spags who is so far manhandling our defense but it's not because Andy doesnt teach toughness or discipline.

cookster50
10-13-2019, 07:26 PM
Well something is completely broken with this defense. The don't do a ****ing thing well at all. They don't tackle, they don't cover, they don't stop the run, they don't rush the passer.

Fake news. They are great at getting penalized.

Halfcan
10-13-2019, 07:29 PM
That's BS. Toughness is not usually an issue for Andy Reid. He can't control our offense injuries. The softness is all on defense. That falls on Andy for hiring spags who is so far manhandling our defense but it's not because Andy doesnt teach toughness or discipline.

This team is soft as Andy's marshmallow body on both sides of the ball.

I guess that is what happens when you ignore the O line position, LB's and trade away your draft for shitty soft players like Clark.

This is the worst defense I have ever seen at stopping the run. Andy is the coach- the buck stops with him.

PAChiefsGuy
10-13-2019, 07:35 PM
This team is soft as Andy's marshmallow body on both sides of the ball.

I guess that is what happens when you ignore the O line position, LB's and trade away your draft for shitty soft players like Clark.

This is the worst defense I have ever seen at stopping the run. Andy is the coach- the buck stops with him.

Actually it falls on the GM not the HC or Coordinators when the talent level isn't there to execute the scheme.

notorious
10-13-2019, 07:40 PM
35 first downs given up today.

Almost broke a NFL record.

My goodness.

bobbything
10-13-2019, 07:41 PM
“That defense has gotten worse (from last season).” - Rodney Harrison

Dungy said we are in danger of not even making the playoffs unless the defense gets better.

Halfcan
10-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Actually it falls on the GM not the HC or Coordinators when the talent level isn't there to execute the scheme.

All of which Andy has rubber-stamped into the organization.

Andy has lost control of his team. We all know how this season is going to end- because Andy Never changes or adapts, or even makes adjustments. He is a predictable relic that needs to be put out to pasture.

Chief Roundup
10-13-2019, 07:45 PM

Well since Veach is Reids puppet it falls back to Reid.

Baby Lee
10-13-2019, 07:46 PM
Clark decided to relax when he got overpaid.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a2/d6/5f/a2d65f815efafb3a95f7bc7e5a658478.jpg

bobbything
10-13-2019, 07:50 PM
No punts forced today. 3/3 on 4th down. 35 first downs given up. Defense on the field for over 13 minutes in the fourth quarter.

This defense is worse than last season and I didn’t think that was possible.

Bump
10-13-2019, 07:50 PM
We are worse off with Clark than we would have been had we not gotten him. That money goes to Mitch Morse or someone else and then you add in whoever we would have drafted with that pick?

You can take Clark out and put in any of the rush ends on the roster right now and you won't notice any difference except maybe a better pass rush.

crispystl420
10-13-2019, 07:53 PM
They have regressed considerably the last 2 weeks. Not just Clark. The entire defense.
I donít even know if thatís true. I just think teams have finally learned to just pound the heíll out of it. Hell the they shouldíve probably ran on the late 4th and one as well to be honest.

The Franchise
10-13-2019, 07:57 PM
If he’s hurt (which I doubt) then he’s fucking over the team by playing.

threebag02
10-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Play within the scheme and trust the process

JakeF
10-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Our team has a serious lack of effort, intensity, and focus.

kcpasco
10-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Play within the scheme and trust the process

Lol

Flying High D
10-13-2019, 09:09 PM
This team is soft as Andy's marshmallow body on both sides of the ball his body.

I’m just going to take you on your word on that. Pics?

WhiteWhale
10-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Spags fucking sucks.

Welcome to 2014.

bringbackmarty
10-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Clark is hitting a physical wall, his first 4 years he spent half the season on field turf, now he's on real grass. His body is confused, possibly wear and tear from the firmer surface and more physical play in seattle. That and he's just barely above stupid and has a big mouth. The scheme is kinda dorky, it's never just one thing. Shits fucked.

SDChiefs
10-13-2019, 10:05 PM
If heís hurt (which I doubt) then heís fucking over the team by playing.

This is not aimed at you but I love how, with no evidence of, injury must be the answer because there is no possible way that he could be this bad. It couldn't possibly be that he got paid and now doesn't give a shit. It must be a conspiracy that he is injured and the chiefs dont want to report it.

stevieray
10-13-2019, 10:10 PM
who is our dline coach?

oh yeah, and ex Patriot.

:shake:

Reminds me of DV bringing in Robinson.

-King-
10-13-2019, 10:14 PM
I wish I could figure out makes a team like the 49ers defense so great while we're total shit. On paper, they are more talented than us but it's nowhere near as much as the rankings show. So what exactly do they do or their coach does that makes SO much better than us?

chiefzilla1501
10-13-2019, 10:19 PM
I wish I could figure out makes a team like the 49ers defense so great while we're total shit. On paper, they are more talented than us but it's nowhere near as much as the rankings show. So what exactly do they do or their coach does that makes SO much better than us?

They're running wide 9. I think a Schwartz style defense.

RunKC

Is this serious? ROFL

Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Richard Sherman, Deforest Buckner, Lavonte David, Fred Warner, Dee Ford. Even Jaquiski Tartt and Ahkello Witherspoon are pretty decent.

They have significantly better talent than us and that doesn’t even get into coaching.

Red Dawg
Shaun Smith former nut grabber said on Twitter that Clark doesnít fit Spags scheme

Spags scheme won two SBs. Spags has shit for players that Andy and Veach got him.

kccrow
10-13-2019, 10:29 PM
We are worse off with Clark than we would have been had we not gotten him. That money goes to Mitch Morse or someone else and then you add in whoever we would have drafted with that pick?

You can take Clark out and put in any of the rush ends on the roster right now and you won't notice any difference except maybe a better pass rush.

Agreed. Keeping Justin Houston and drafting Byron Murphy was the smart move. Veach tries to outsmart himself and comes out looking the fool every time.

-King-
10-13-2019, 10:29 PM
Is this serious? ROFL

Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Richard Sherman, Deforest Buckner, Lavonte David, Fred Warner, Dee Ford. Even Jaquiski Tartt and Ahkello Witherspoon are pretty decent.

They have significantly better talent than us and that doesnít even get into coaching.

Half those people aren't great players anymore than they're regular players that get in good positions. Seriously... Arik Armstead? You're really listing him? If so..

Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Anthony Hitchens, Alex Okafor, tyrann Mathieu, Beshaud Breeland, Juan Thornhill

Those players are talented too. And it's not that wide of a gap in the talent levels. Not to the point we'd be so far apart in rankings. I mean ffs, I had never even heard of the name Fred Warner till I looked up their depth chart. And he's their MLB. Did anybody else know about him?

WhiteWhale
10-13-2019, 10:36 PM
Spags scheme won two SBs. Spags has shit for players that Andy and Veach got him.

Oh **** off. Spags underachieved with his defenses and won because the PLAYERS on his all time great DL (that he always underachieved with during the season) stepped up. I never seen a D stacked with so many A level pas rushers. Just about anyone could do that. Greg Robinson won 2 superbowls. Shut the **** up.

Spags gravy trained his success. He ****ing sucks. He sucked when KC hired him and that's not going to magically change. Just accept it so we can hire someone decent to do the goddamn job. I don't want to deal with 3-4 seasons of this moron wasting Mahomes.

ChiefaRoo
10-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Clark tries to spin sometimes. It just sucks and doesn't do anything.

Isn’t Clark really a Sam Linebacker and not and undersized DE? Also,I’d rather have Jones at DE using his speed and size on the edge and not getting worn down by 330lb fatties all day.

Kick jones outside and put a space eater in his current spot. Have Clark play the middle and blitz up the gut. Both of these guys seem like they play the wrong position.

-King-
10-13-2019, 10:45 PM

That was more than a decade ago. How long can he coast on that? And he didn't have input on players he wanted?

NWTF
10-13-2019, 10:49 PM

Funny you said this but I was thinking this while piddling around in the garage after the game.

That the Frank Clark trade is probably the worst transaction by any team this offseason?

You got the Raiders/AB fiasco. They lost a 3rd and a 5th, but cut bait before being on the hook for the contract so they have egg on their face, but cap wise they are fine and a 3rd and a 5th arent near as bad as a 1st and a 2nd. Trying to think of another boneheaded signing. AB to Pats, nah they cut bait and arent out anything.

Clark to Chiefs is the worst one I can think of. A 1st and a 2nd + $105M contract to ultimately downgrade at the position.

chiefzilla1501
10-13-2019, 10:56 PM
That was more than a decade ago. How long can he coast on that? And he didn't have input on players he wanted?

He also had a good defense a few years ago before mcadoo messed it up. That may have also been due to a huge spending spree by the giants that year. It's some room for optimism but I'm still pretty skeptical.