PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I found this surprising

Mecca
10-14-2019, 06:54 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s strange to type this, but it appears some fans are heading to the exits at Arrowhead Stadium with 5:03 left in a one-score game.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1183471710114340864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The fan base is apparently broken.

comochiefsfan
10-14-2019, 06:56 AM
Can you blame them?

Everyone in the stadium knew the game was over when we punted there. I don’t blame them for wanting to beat traffic.

bobbything
10-14-2019, 06:59 AM
Given what everyone has seen from this defense, it seems like they did the intelligent thing.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2019, 06:59 AM
It didn't look that way to me. The main exodus was when Houston got the last 4th down.

Mr. Plow
10-14-2019, 07:05 AM
Can you blame them?

Everyone in the stadium knew the game was over when we punted there. I don’t blame them for wanting to beat traffic.

The moment we punted the game was over. We weren't getting a stop. Everyone knew it.

493rd
10-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Chiefs fans know the drill. We’ve been dealing with ineptitude for decades.

smithandrew051
10-14-2019, 07:13 AM
We left, because we had to get our dogs from the kennel. We planned to leave at 3 regardless of the score.

I can confirm that there were also plenty of people leaving because they thought the game was over.

InChiefsHeaven
10-14-2019, 07:17 AM
I remember when I believed that as long as we had Mahommes, we have a chance. Well...even he can't overcome this shitty defense and retarded play calling.

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 07:20 AM
Fan base is soft like Watkins. I don’t blame them actually.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 07:22 AM
I felt bad for anyone that paid for that game, you go out there to watch Mahomes and you see Watson for 40 minutes. Oh and a RB we got rid of cause he sucked then he beats our ass.

PHOG
10-14-2019, 07:23 AM
We noticed that. I mentioned it to the wife and grand kids. We stuck it out until the Texans got that last 1st, even though we suspected it was over with the punt. :shake:

BigRedChief
10-14-2019, 07:28 AM
The moment we punted the game was over. We weren't getting a stop. Everyone knew it.I'd say it was over when we decided to run the ball with a basic off tackle play with 14 yards to go.

kcclone
10-14-2019, 07:28 AM

Agreed. Arrowhead has been DEAD this year. The defensive ineptitude has killed our home field advantage.

What is the point of screaming for 3.5 hours and beating your hands on the seat backs in front of you when they're just going to give up every 3rd and 12 they face?

bobbything
10-14-2019, 07:30 AM
I felt bad for anyone that paid for that game, you go out there to watch Mahomes and you see Watson for 40 minutes. Oh and a RB we got rid of cause he sucked then he beats our ass.
I’ll go to games but I won’t pay for a ticket. I stopped paying to go to games during the Pioli era. I haven’t paid for a ticket since 2011.

It’s really the only way I can justify spending an entire day to watch a sh*t product. And even then, if offered a freebie, I don’t always say yes.

PHOG
10-14-2019, 07:31 AM
I'd say it was over when we decided to run the ball with a basic off tackle play with 14 yards to go.
That too, WTF? :banghead:

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Coach is soft. Players are soft. WTF you want from the fanbase?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 07:35 AM
Fan base is throwing a hissy fit.

Entitled bitches.

dirk digler
10-14-2019, 07:38 AM
I never leave early but we left when they punted. I knew it was over then because this defense stinks. That fucking running play though on 2nd and 14, I just don't get it.

bobbything
10-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Fan base is throwing a hissy fit.

Entitled bitches.
Entitled? Because we are upset we don't have a competent defense?

Mecca
10-14-2019, 08:12 AM
The Chiefs fan base is entitled?

With the ineptitude they've put out there for years and years they should feel lucky fans even show up.

scho63
10-14-2019, 08:12 AM

HALF A CENTURY!!! :banghead:

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 08:24 AM
I was one of them. As soon as we punted we left, we knew the offense wouldn't get the ball back.

Dartgod
10-14-2019, 08:56 AM
I was one of them. As soon as we punted we left, we knew the offense wouldn't get the ball back.

Me too, and I almost always stay until the very end. Actually I waited until they were in FG range before I bolted. About 3+ minutes left.

2bikemike
10-14-2019, 09:35 AM
I turned the TV off at this point as well. They haven't showed the ability to stop anybody. I was irritated and needed to get away. I actually stayed away for several hours from anything involving the Chiefs or the NFL.

When we win I can't get enough of the Chiefs/NFL news. When we lose I can't stand anything Chiefs/NFL for a bit of time.

Dayze
10-14-2019, 09:40 AM
unlike the Chiefs, the fans made a late 4th Quarter adjustment.

theCATALYST
10-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Best value for the money. :thumb:

KC Dan
10-14-2019, 09:50 AM
I made the adjustment at 8:42 of the 2nd qtr. I can't handle the officiating. It is an absolute joke. Ruining the game for me. Went out and replaced the boat trailer bunks with new wood and carpets, then got my friends boat out of the river for the year. Much more enjoyable and no yellow flags were thrown nor any mysterious communications in my ear....

HemiEd
10-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Me too, and I almost always stay until the very end. Actually I waited until they were in FG range before I bolted. About 3+ minutes left.

Two weeks in a row, for the first time in my long history with this team, I turned off the game before it was over.

I know these two losses will eject a lot of the bandwagon fans and it was pretty interesting going to Springfield today and not seeing any Chiefs attire being worn.

wazu
10-14-2019, 11:36 AM
This is nothing new. I've seen people walk out when games were much less decided, both with Chiefs protecting a modest lead or trying to come back from a small deficit. I'll never understand it. Part of me wants to interview a few of them just to see if there is any explanation that my brain can handle. Probably won't, though.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 11:46 AM
The Chiefs fan base is entitled?

With the ineptitude they've put out there for years and years they should feel lucky fans even show up.

Mahomes is the hottest ticket in the NFL.

Get some perspective.

jjchieffan
10-14-2019, 12:50 PM
I don't blame them s bit. The game was infuriating. I didn't leave the game on the TV. I turned it off and spent some family time watching a movie. Why sit there getting frustrated and aggravated any longer? It was obvious before the 4th quarter started that the Chiefs were losing to an inferior opponent for the second straight week. I'm not sure that I'll even tune in to the Thursday night game to watch them lose to the cheating Donks.

KurtCobain
10-14-2019, 02:35 PM
I fell asleep with about 7 to go.

stevieray
10-14-2019, 02:46 PM
I never leave early but we left when they punted. I knew it was over then because this defense stinks. That ****ing running play though on 2nd and 14, I just don't get it.

The only concerning thing to me is these losses are looking eerily similar to Smith led teams.

Mahomes is gonna the culture., gonna take time.

Dayze
10-14-2019, 02:46 PM
after the Chiefs final punt, I moved on with my day. actually....I moved on once I saw the punt team come onto the field.

Rasputin
10-14-2019, 03:05 PM

$60 for parking that you may not even get to park in the parking lot so you drive all around out the other side.

That was us last weekend on SNF.

fan4ever
10-14-2019, 03:08 PM
You know who watched the entire debacle? All the way to the kneel down and whistle?

Bob Sutton.

Bump
10-14-2019, 03:11 PM
some people weren't entertained.

iDeaL
10-14-2019, 03:11 PM
unlike the Chiefs, the fans made a late 4th Quarter adjustment.

*ba-dump-pshhhh*

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Agreed. Arrowhead has been DEAD this year. The defensive ineptitude has killed our home field advantage.

What is the point of screaming for 3.5 hours and beating your hands on the seat backs in front of you when they're just going to give up every 3rd and 12 they face?

I suspect it’s dead because of the price hikes.

People with money aren’t the ones who scream at the top of their lungs for 3 hours.

Baby Lee
10-14-2019, 04:03 PM
The only concerning thing to me is these losses are looking eerily similar to Smith led teams.

Mahomes is gonna the culture., gonna take time.

Sometimes, when you say Smith ISN'T THE PROBLEM, people radically misinterpret it as affection for Smith. . .

The things continuing to happen throughout the franchise when you have the nearly impregnable advantage of Mahomes is MORE of a stain on the leadership than ever before.

I mean, what is everyone else doing all day. It's not like you have to burn the midnight oil transforming the QB into a serviceable asset.