PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ownership and fan base is what is wrong with this team.

13and3
10-14-2019, 08:56 AM
Hot take. The Chiefs fan base is what is wrong with this team.
Pressure from media and fan base is why we don't have Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt and almost lost Tyreek hill. Pressure from the media led fan base is why we again have to completely start over from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense and got rid of Dee Ford and multiple draft picks and paid Frank Clark the money we should of paid Chris Jones. We were only a good corner and linebacker away from having an improved the defense from last year. We molly wopped the Colts in the divisional round and was only one play from the superbowl the next game. We could of just changed the d coordinator and added a player or two not changed the whole freakin scheme. We have changed head coaches, gms, coordinators, players 20 plus times since the 70s only constant is ownership and the fickle,impatient, intolerant fanbase it caters too that always wants some one fired

Mecca
10-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa, so it's the fan bases fault that they made stupid decisions?

scho63
10-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Pressure from media and fan base is why we don't have Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt and almost lost Tyreek hill. Pressure from the media led fan base is why we again have to completely start over from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense and got rid of Dee Ford and multiple draft picks and paid Frank Clark the money we should of paid Chris Jones. We were only a good corner and linebacker away from having an improved the defense from last year. We molly wopped the Colts in the divisional round and was only one play from the superbowl the next game. We could of just changed the d coordinator and added a player or two not changed the whole freakin scheme. We have changed head coaches, gms, coordinators, players 20 plus times since the 70s only constant is ownership and the fickle,impatient, intolerant fanbase it caters too that always wants some one fired

Are you fucking kidding me? :doh!:

50 years since our last Super Bowl appearance and you put that we are impatient and fickle.

One of the dumbest statements I've ever seen posted on CP. :facepalm:

Mecca
10-14-2019, 09:04 AM
I won't disagree that we got rid of 2 out of probably 5-7 best players on the team for a second round pick is pretty bad though.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Who is they? Carl Peterson, Scott pioli, Steadman, or any of the 20 head coaches we have had?

Mecca
10-14-2019, 09:06 AM
The organization, right now they is Reid and Veach.

Iowanian
10-14-2019, 09:07 AM
Of the 4 people I took from my home to the game yesterday, only one is speaking clearly today. We weren't and aren't any part of the problem.

I will say though that it felt a little more casual fan than in years past.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-14-2019, 09:15 AM

Why do people type "could of..." and "should of...." instead of "could have..." and "should have"...?

Are they just unaware of how dumb it makes them look? Like with tattoos?

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Why do people type "could of..." and "should of...." instead of "could have..." and "should have...?

ROFL
LMAO

So, so accurate.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Would be kinda cool to still have Houston, Ford, Peters and Hunt on the roster.

FringeNC
10-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Huh?

smithandrew051
Fans have zero impact on the decisions the team makes or overall player performance.

The only impact we have is crowd noise at home games. The stadium was plenty loud on Sunday, but the team didn’t perform.

Mecca
Would be kinda cool to still have Houston, Ford, Peters and Hunt on the roster.

To be honest I understand Houston and Ford but Peters and Hunt should still be here and who knows maybe we'd have a GM that could draft worth a shit.

bobbything
Fickle and impatient? GMAFB.

I was not on board with ditching Houston and Ford, but to call out the fans for the complete dogsh*t defensive product we have watched for the last two years is a reach.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Fans have zero impact on the decisions the team makes or overall player performance.

The only impact we have is crowd noise at home games. The stadium was plenty loud on Sunday, but the team didn’t perform.

It wasn't that loud. In fact, Arrowhead is rarely 1/10th as loud as in the glory days.

Probably because they've priced out the real fans.

alpha_omega
10-14-2019, 09:21 AM
13and3 is 0 and 1 on this topic.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:21 AM

and how.

crayzkirk
10-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Wow. I knew I was powerful however not THAT powerful. If management is making decisions based on the contents of this message board or the media, then things are much worse than they appear. I would like to see Clark Hunt make some sort of statement about the current state of the team. They sure aren't playing like a SuperBowl contender.

13and3
The organization, right now they is Reid and Veach.
See, you said right now? Im saying for the past 50 years what has been the problem? The constant? If I were renting houses in a low income neighborhood for the past 50 years my customer base would be a little trashy, so would my maintenance men so would my company as a whole. If i rented apartments in Johnson county I would have a good customer base and better maintenance men. The whole organization is ran ultimately by the ownership and fan base i.e. customers and how they feed and interact off of each other.

Redbled
Fans wanted no part of Ford anymore. They could not forgive him. He has tons more impact than Clark yet we essentially swapped a 1st for a 2nd to exchange them. Both moves look bad now.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 09:24 AM
See, youbsaid right now? Im saying for the past 50 years what has been the problem? The constant? If I were renting houses in a low income neighborhood for the past 50 years my customer base would be a little trashy, so would my maintenance men so would my company as a whole. If i rented apartments in Johnson county I would have a good customer base and better maintenance men. The whole organization is ran ultimately by the ownership and fan base i.e. customers and how they feed and interact off of each other.

So we should just move on and not be fans anymore is that the solution?

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 09:25 AM
To be honest I understand Houston and Ford but Peters and Hunt should still be here and who knows maybe we'd have a GM that could draft worth a shit.

I can understand Houston, because he apparently wasn't willing to accept a reasonable deal, but I don't understand Ford. He should've been here for at least one more year. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league last year, and now we have zero pass rush.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 09:26 AM
I can understand Houston, because he apparently wasn't willing to accept a reasonable deal, but I don't understand Ford. He should've been here for at least one more year.

I don't think they felt they could bring him back after the offside, lots of fans blamed him.

Just like Peters and Hunt for PR...

hometeam
10-14-2019, 09:30 AM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5437924" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.3333333333333333"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/step-brothers-turd-licking-white-turd-eat-shit-gif-5437924">Step Brothers Turd Licking GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/stepbrothers-gifs">Stepbrothers GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:31 AM
We wanted Herm fired, after we asked him to rebuild that shitty roster. He rebuilt it with young talent then we bring in Pioli and Todd and they win the division barley. But in the midst of it they got rid of alot of the talent we spent the years before acquiring. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 again. How about when we ran Vermeil out of town after the no punt playoff against the colts? Could he have done better the next year? Im already hearing fire Andy, someone has to be accountable. Why cant we hold ourselves the fan base and media accountable for the pressure we apply to make rash decisions from year to year?

smithandrew051
10-14-2019, 09:33 AM
It wasn't that loud. In fact, Arrowhead is rarely 1/10th as loud as in the glory days.

It’s not like it used to be, but it’s not an excuse for the performance of the team. That’s my point.

Put a decent defense out there that we have faith can get a key stop, and I’ll bet it’ll be even louder.

Success on the field creates passionate fans in the seats. Shit, look at the Royals games in 2015 vs now. It’s up to the organization to be successful and get the fans excited. It is not the fans’ responsibility to be supportive regardless of the product on the field.

That’s why I never criticize fair weather fans.

rabblerouser

Peters is a burning grease fire of a human who attacked a coach, threatened the team bus driver's life, slapped his mom in front of NFL security, and more than once quit on his team in the field of play.

**** him. So glad he's gone. Hate his wanna-be-thug-thug guts.

13and3
I don't think they felt they could bring him back after the offside, lots of fans blamed him.

Just like Peters and Hunt for PR...

This is my point. PR. Which is a simple way of pacifying the fan base in the immediate future with no eye toward long term strategy or outlook

BlackHelicopters
10-14-2019, 09:34 AM
Fucking idiot.

bobbything
We wanted Herm fired, after we asked him to rebuild that shitty roster. He rebuilt it with young talent then we bring in Pioli and Todd and they win the division barley. But in the midst of it they got rid of alot of the talent we spent the years before acquiring. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 again. How about when we ran Vermeil out of town after the no punt playoff against the colts? Could he have done better the next year? Im already hearing fire Andy, someone has to be accountable. Why cant we hold ourselves the fan base and media accountable for the pressure we apply to make rash decisions from year to year?
What are you talking about? Vermeil stayed two more seasons after that game. He retired after the 05 season because he knew the window had closed.

RealSNR
I’m sorry, 13and3! I promise I won’t cut Kareem Hunt and hire Spagnuolo ever again!!!!

Fishpicker
10-14-2019, 09:35 AM

we didn't run Vermeil out of town. he was back for two more seasons. ROFL

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Peters is a burning grease fire of a human who attacked a coach, threatened the team bus driver's life, slapped his mom in front of NFL security, and more than omce quit on his team in the field of play.

**** him. So glad he's gone. Hate his wanna-be-thug-thug guts.

We win the afc last year with Peters on this team. Ill take his bullshit for another year under that rookie contract for one freakin super bowl in my life time. By the way would have the Patriots got rid of peters to pacifying the fan base?

crayzkirk
10-14-2019, 09:37 AM

The only real pressure that the fans can apply is by not buying tickets. Whining and crying (something that Chiefs fans seem to enjoy) on social media isn't going to do anything. Kareem Hunt was let go because he lied to the team, the fans wouldn't have cared it the Chiefs kept him. I block what Tyreek Hill did out of my mind on Sundays.

It's all about the dollar signs... $$$$$$$ talks.

Already? Reid has been here eight years now. He has his own people in place at GM, coaching staff, etc. The team has no depth.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:39 AM
we didn't run Vermeil out of town. he was back for two more seasons. ROFL

Your right. They went 10 and 6 then he retired cause he didnt make the playoffs and the narrative was that his message had worn thin and he couldn't coach defensive just like Andy. So we started over again with who and why?

Why Not?
10-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Maybe this place really is slipping. OP should be getting crushed like the Chiefs D line. This is possibly the dumbest take I’ve ever read on CP and that includes all Ubeja threads.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=crayzkirk;14524673]The only real pressure that the fans can apply is by not buying tickets. Whining and crying (something that Chiefs fans seem to enjoy) on social media isn't going to do anything. Kareem Hunt was let go because he lied to the team, the fans wouldn't have cared it the Chiefs kept him. I block what Tyreek Hill did out of my mind on Sundays.

It's all about the dollar signs... $$$$$$$ talks.

Already? Reid has been here eight years now. He has his own people in place at GM, coaching staff, etc. The team has no depth.[/QUOTE

So we start talking fire Andy? No one in arrowhead hears right?

comochiefsfan
10-14-2019, 09:41 AM
Ownership sucks yes, but the fan base?

The same fanbase that consistently sells out Arrowhead despite not winning a championship in FIFTY years?

The same fanbase that creates an incredible home field advantage that the players and coaches are unable to take advantage of?

Out of all the things that are wrong with this team, the thing you choose to focus on is the fans?

bobbything
10-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Your right. They went 10 and 6 then he retired cause he didnt make the playoffs and the narrative was that his message had worn thin and he couldn't coach defensive just like Andy. So we started over again with who and why?

Wrong again.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Maybe this place really is slipping. OP should be getting crushed like the Chiefs D line. This is possibly the dumbest take I’ve ever read on CP and that includes all Ubeja threads.

So fans have no power? Its a dumb thread because people around here i.e. the fan base love laying blame and not accepting any.

Fish
10-14-2019, 09:44 AM
OP:

https://i.imgur.com/6PfjO3b.jpg

bobhill
10-14-2019, 09:46 AM
if you don't like the owners or the fans go become a fan of the st louis rams and stfu.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:47 AM
OP:

https://i.imgur.com/6PfjO3b.jpg

:thumb:

Jimmya
10-14-2019, 09:47 AM
I was glad to see Sutton go but I wish we could have hired a guy to keep the same scheme.

Flying High D
10-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Peters is a burning grease fire of a human who attacked a coach, threatened the team bus driver's life, slapped his mom in front of NFL security, and more than omce quit spit/shit on his team in the field of play.

Fuck him. So glad he's gone. Hate his wanna-be-thug-thug guts.

Not claiming I know how many times omce is but still stepped in in and tried to FYP.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Ownership sucks yes, but the fan base?

The same fanbase that consistently sells out Arrowhead despite not winning a championship in FIFTY years?

The same fanbase that creates an incredible home field advantage that the players and coaches are unable to take advantage of?

Out of all the things that are wrong with this team, the thing you choose to focus on is the fans?

I'm part of that fan base, and i talk to chiefs to my friends, family, coworkers and strangers all the time, what i get is most have no idea what is really going on and just regurgitate the little they hear on a kctv 5 spot. They form their opinions off of half truths and misconceptions. The people here on this forum and that actually read arrowhead pride or other blogs and have a good understanding of the team aren't loud enough and represent too small of a portion of the total fan base. But it seems the dumbest are the loudest.

dlphg9
10-14-2019, 09:51 AM
We win the afc last year with Peters on this team. Ill take his bullshit for another year under that rookie contract for one freakin super bowl in my life time. By the way would have the Patriots got rid of peters to pacifying the fan base?

If he actually did what Rabble is saying he did, then yes the Pats would have released him.

13and3
10-14-2019, 09:52 AM
If the fan base has no power does Bob sutton ever get fired? Do they just get a cb or safety and right the ship?

Deberg_1990
10-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Because the fans and stadium were not loud enough. Thats why we lost!

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:53 AM
If the fan base has no power does Bob sutton ever get fired? Do they just get a cb or safety and right the ship?

Wouldn't that have been nice?

Sutton>Spags

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Not claiming I know how many times omce is but still stepped in in and tried to FYP.

It's a typo. 'm' is next to 'n' on my phone's keyboard.

chiefsfan15
10-14-2019, 09:57 AM
The fans are not to blame for Dorsey bringing in low character guys, a practice which he has continued in Cleveland to little success.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
What are you talking about? Vermeil stayed two more seasons after that game. He retired after the 05 season because he knew the window had closed.

This. We didn't run Vermeil out of town, he could've stayed through '06, at least, but he knew it was over.

And it was. First game without Vermeil, Trent got his head flattened and that was that.

warrior
10-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Monday morning retard take

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 09:59 AM

YOUR MOM is what is wrong with this team.

PHOG
10-14-2019, 10:00 AM
:spock:

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:01 AM
The tailgating, enthusiasm, cheering of the crowd is why i love this team. The fun is undeniable, but the impatience and constant call for firing, intolerance, and impatience i hate. We can never stay the course due to the short sightedness and temperament of the vocal ill informed majority

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:02 AM
I block what Tyreek Hill did out of my mind on Sundays.

Like Tyreek is the only person who has fucked a hot crazy bitch that spread a bunch of lies about him after he knocked her up.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:03 AM
This. We didn't run Vermeil out of town, he could've stayed through '06, at least, but he knew it was over.

And it was. First game without Vermeil, Trent got his head flattened and that was that.

Did we run Kareem hunt out of town and get nothing in return. Were we not going down that road this off season with hill?

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:03 AM

Well...they did cut Antonic Brown after one game...

Jerm
10-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Yes it's the fault of the fanbase...holy shit...LMAO

The real issue is the fact Clark Hunt turned Andy into Thanos and gave him autonomous control over this franchise....

Nothing is ever going to change.

lcarus
10-14-2019, 10:05 AM
God damn. 2 close losses to playoff teams while we have at least 3 important starters out and several others hobbled and people want to fire the whole coaching staff and front office, cut and trade 95% of our players, get new fans, and turn Arrowhead into a used car lot.

We did what most wanted last offseason. We cleaned house on defense almost entirely and started over from scratch. Yes, it's been bad and we know they aren't a good unit this year. The Frank Clark trade looks to be a huge bust. But at least we have Mahomes.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2019, 10:05 AM
The OP sounds like the ghost of Rufus Dawes.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 10:07 AM
It’s not like it used to be, but it’s not an excuse for the performance of the team. That’s my point.

Put a decent defense out there that we have faith can get a key stop, and I’ll bet it’ll be even louder.

Success on the field creates passionate fans in the seats. Shit, look at the Royals games in 2015 vs now. It’s up to the organization to be successful and get the fans excited. It is not the fans’ responsibility to be supportive regardless of the product on the field.

That’s why I never criticize fair weather fans.

I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to pay for tickets, particularly this season.

But if the excuse for not being loud is "we don't have a good defense," that's pretty damn lame.

Nevermind that the defensive performance generally has been decent at home, we have the best and most exciting player in the league. It should always be loud. Especially in a big game like yesterday's. The atmosphere was kind of pitiful for a big game, frankly. Didn't affect Houston at all.

rabblerouser
Did we run Kareem hunt out of town and get nothing in return. Were we not going down that road this off season with hill?

1. Kareem lied to the front office, repeatedly. "I never left my hotel room." Video showed that was a lie.

2. Tyreek didn't do anything wrong; in fact, the reality is, the incident with Tyreek this offseason provided ample evidence that, not only did he not do anything to his child, but that he most likely didn't do anything to Crystal Espinosa in 2014, and that she's a ****ing lying crazy ****ing gold-digging bitch with the voodoo poonanny.

3. You're a ****ing moron who should stop posting now.

13and3

Who said it was over, it seem to me we were close at the time ? I remember the media saying that it was over then the fan base buying and believing it, then ownership obligingly starting over again, but never get the memo as to exactly why.?

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:08 AM

The RETARDED ghost of Rufus.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:08 AM
1. Kareem lied to the front office, repeatedly. "I never left my hotel room." Video showed that was a lie.

2. Tyreek didn't do anything wrong; in fact, the reality is, the incident with Tyreek this offseason provided ample evidence that, not only did he not do anything to his child, but that he most likely didn't do anything Crystal Espinosa in 2014, and that she's a ****ing lying crazy ****ing gold-digging bitch with the voodoo poonanny.

3. You're a ****ing moron who should stop posting now.

Who gives a shit if he lied. I care about production and a superbowl

bobbything
10-14-2019, 10:09 AM
The tailgating, enthusiasm, cheering of the crowd is why i love this team. The fun is undeniable, but the impatience and constant call for firing, intolerance, and impatience i hate. We can never stay the course due to the short sightedness and temperament of the vocal ill informed majority
Bob Sutton was here for 6 years.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Who said it was over, it seem to me we were close at the time ? I remember the media saying that it was over then the fan base buying and believing it, then ownership obligingly starting over again, but never get the memo as to exactly why.?

WE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS IN 2004 AND 2005.

2 YEARS STRAIGHT.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Who gives a shit if he lied. I care about production and a superbowl

See, this gets back to that whole "you're a fucking moron" thing again...

notorious
10-14-2019, 10:11 AM
Put down the bottle.

Jerm
10-14-2019, 10:12 AM
God damn. 2 close losses to playoff teams while we have at least 3 important starters out and several others hobbled and people want to fire the whole coaching staff and front office, cut and trade 95% of our players, get new fans, and turn Arrowhead into a used car lot.

We did what most wanted last offseason. We cleaned house on defense almost entirely and started over from scratch. Yes, it's been bad and we know they aren't a good unit this year. The Frank Clark trade looks to be a huge bust. But at least we have Mahomes.

Yeah and we're wasting him....esp. on a rookie contract.

It's not the 2 losses, it's how we got them and the GLARING holes this team has and all of us know they aren't getting fixed.

Kman34
10-14-2019, 10:12 AM

:eek:... Your right Sutton was great.. Other fan bases don’t bitch about their team in other cities either... every thing is hunky dorie every where else...

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:13 AM
WE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS IN 2004 AND 2005.

2 YEARS STRAIGHT.

So we demand him gone, brought in herm, haley, and romeo. No we are getting to the same point with Andy, lets get ready to wash, rinse, repeat

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 10:14 AM
What, seriously? Drunk guys watching the game and spitting barbecue as they scream at their TVs? They're the problematic factor in this multibillion dollar equation?

Sure thing, kid.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
See, this gets back to that whole "you're a ****ing moron" thing again...
Im a moron for wanting a superbowl i guess. People got shot and killed during the last regime. Lying to the clarks i don't get too bent about

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
So we demand him gone, brought in herm, haley, and romeo. No we are getting to the same point with Andy, lets get ready to wash, rinse, repeat

Buddha wept, no one demanded Vermeil leave, he RETIRED.

OF HIS OWN ACCORD.

PETERSON WOULD NEVER HAVE FIRED VERMEIL.

Good Lord, you are fucking DUMB.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Im a moron for wanting a superbowl i guess.

You're a moron for a lot more reasons than that.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:18 AM
What, seriously? Drunk guys watching the game and spitting barbecue as they scream at their TVs? They're the problematic factor in this multibillion dollar equation?

Sure thing, kid.

This dude drools when he speaks

bobbything
10-14-2019, 10:18 AM
No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it accurate. We didn't run Vermeil out of town. In fact, most people wanted him to stay one more year. Peterson would have let him stay as long as he was in charge.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
I knew it would very unpopular to post this here, but we need to evaluate every level of this franchise. We need to have a conversation about what the fuck has happened in the last 50 years to keep causing us to relive the shit over and over again. We need to take a long look in the mirror as fans even if we are scared what we might find. Im ok with being the whipping boy if it changes the loosing culture and attitude of this fan base which is the real heart of the franchise

Graystoke
10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Your right, it's all my fault.
I will try to be better in the future.
Signed:
Chiefs Fan since 1969

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Im a moron for wanting a superbowl i guess

Nothing wrong with wanting a Super Bowl. Sit back, watch the games, and want a Super Bowl. No one has a problem with you wanting a Super Bowl.

You're catching shit only because you had a remarkably dumb thought about why you haven't had one yet and you couldn't stop yourself from sharing it.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Buddha wept, no one demanded Vermeil leave, he RETIRED.

OF HIS OWN ACCORD.

PETERSON WOULD NEVER HAVE FIRED VERMEIL.

Good Lord, you are ****ing DUMB.
I heard that then, but my eyes told me he couldn't handle the pressure of the fan base anymore.

Marcellus
I remember when people said ownership was the issue with this team because they would never draft a Qb in the 1st round.

And blaming the fans? :facepalm:

SuperBowl4
It's just entertainment. :thumb:

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
I knew it would very unpopular to post this here, but we need to evaluate every level of this franchise. We need to have a conversation about what the fuck has happened in the last 50 years to keep causing us to relive the shit over and over again. We need to take a long look in the mirror as fans even if we are scared what we might find. Im ok with being the whipping boy if it changes the loosing culture and attitude of this fan base which is the real heart of the franchise

Your right, it's all my fault.
I will try to be better in the future.
Signed:
Chiefs Fan since 1969

I'm wrong. It's working. Good on you.

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:24 AM
I knew it would very unpopular to post this here, but we need to evaluate every level of this franchise. We need to have a conversation about what the **** has happened in the last 50 years to keep causing us to relive the shit over and over again. We need to take a long look in the mirror as fans even if we are scared what we might find. Im ok with being the whipping boy if it changes the loosing culture and attitude of this fan base which is the real heart of the franchise

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Im a moron for wanting a superbowl i guess. People got shot and killed during the last regime. Lying to the clarks i don't get too bent about

If you believe this desire separates you from most other fans then it explains why you are dumb enough to create this thread.

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
I knew it would very unpopular to post this here, but we need to evaluate every level of this franchise. We need to have a conversation about what the **** has happened in the last 50 years to keep causing us to relive the shit over and over again. We need to take a long look in the mirror as fans even if we are scared what we might find. Im ok with being the whipping boy if it changes the loosing culture and attitude of this fan base which is the real heart of the franchise

Just stop already. Get up and step away.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
JFC

Your.
And.
Idiot.

Signed,
All of CP

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:27 AM
If you believe this desire separates you from most other fans then it explains why you are dumb enough to create this thread.
Just because its not a comfortable topic doesn't make it dumb. People in this town just dont like taking any responsibility for their role in any mess. Its ok. Ill call it out for you cowards.

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 10:28 AM
JFC

Your.
And.
Idiot.

Signed,
All of CP

You have to kind of laugh, I mean the fan base got Pioli and company shit canned.

I am not sure what that dipshit actually thinks his effect on the team is but holy mother of God he has to be on some serious kind of bender or something.

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Just because its not a comfortable topic doesn't make it dumb. People in this town just dont like taking any responsibility for their role in any mess. Its ok. Ill call it out for you cowards.

:LOL:

luv
10-14-2019, 10:29 AM

What I'm getting from this is that we should all be homers. No thanks.

Mosbonian
10-14-2019, 10:30 AM
See, this gets back to that whole "you're a ****ing moron" thing again...

Or he is a Raider fan in disguise. Which is being redundant.

notorious
10-14-2019, 10:30 AM
50 years of shit and it’s the fault of a group of people that have zero control of what happens on the field.

A+ trolling. You are fishing with dyamite.

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Dude, a piece of advice as you're doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on this: Thoughts are not like children. Just because you have one, that doesn't mean that you have to love it unconditionally. Sometimes a thought really ought to be drowned in a bathtub or left in a hot car.

Bwana
10-14-2019, 10:33 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/a3zqvrH40Cdhu/giphy.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiUhpPllpzlAhW0PH0KHWTWCVkQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fexplore%2Fokay&psig=AOvVaw0QfY_ek4QkOu0kK9p-ZLDE&ust=1571157134828015)

TambaBerry
10-14-2019, 10:34 AM
this cant be real right? Like please op tell me you're messing around. Nobody can be this stupid

PHOG
10-14-2019, 10:36 AM
:rolleyes: LMAO

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Ok, if we have no say as fans lets just shut this forum down its useless.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Ok, if we have no say as fans lets just shut this forum down its useless.

ROFL
LMAO

YOU'RE useless.

KCUnited
10-14-2019, 10:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/GzRA0WH.gif

13and3
10-14-2019, 10:42 AM
ROFL
LMAO

YOU'RE useless.
The truth is generally widely unpopular. Especially if its a little ugly

Sassy Squatch
10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
This forum needed a bit of burst and an idiot to vent some frustration out on. Good thread.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:45 AM
The truth is generally widely unpopular. Especially if its a little ugly

YOU'RE a little ugly.

GloryDayz
10-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Where. The. Fuck. Did. This. Come. From?

Graystoke
10-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Come on you guys.
I now realize what a shitty fan I have been.
CONFESS!
I took my first step in fixing the Chiefs today. I screamed at the sky today we have to do better.

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 11:00 AM
But we gotta drum that the owner can beat on.

Why Not?
10-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Clearly a troll. Let’s let this thread die.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:08 AM
Maybe its a little coincidental. The royals were trash, so much so that the media a fans kind of stop paying attention. Dayton more was able to almost operate in a vacuum for a few years and build the franchise untethered to public opinion and p.r.. Then all of a sudden the whole thing he had been working on for years came to fruition in 2 world series appearances. Once everyone start watching and caring again they turned back in to a pumpkin.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Clearly a troll. Let’s let this thread die.
Im a troll? I have been on this forum twice as long as you.

TambaBerry
10-14-2019, 11:14 AM

you sure have 511 posts of shit. Can you call Veach for me and tell him im on my way into work and sorry for not being there. I didn't know I could help run this organization

ping2000
10-14-2019, 11:15 AM
I accept no responsibility for this team's inability to man up and fucking tackle someone. They can all eat shit.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 11:17 AM

Hot take :

You're still a dipshit.

Chief Roundup
10-14-2019, 11:22 AM
Another fan bitching about things that didn't go down the way they wanted them to go down and now that we have lost two in a row they are emotionally unstable enough they came in here and bitched about what they didn't like and of course are spreading blame where it does not belong.
The fans did not get rid of any of those players. Media pressure didn't make this team get ride of Hunt or Peters. Kareem got released because he ball face lied to the FO and they felt they could no longer trust him. Peters got traded because he was a locker room cancer and attacked multiple coaches and would not show any accountability for his actions. He is still acting that way with the Rams.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:25 AM
I dont make my living posting on forums. I'm just fan who is tired of the same shit year and year out. Why post all the time? Its ground hogs day for the last 50 years in chiefs kingdom. I want real answers as to why this franchise fails year in and year out. I don't care about butt hurt feelings. It has to make sense somehow, why is this franchise so ****in sake bit? we have changed everything multiple times over and over again. I was told it was the fact we never had a home grown superstar qb, now we have it and now its its something else again. If someone keep getting divorces or loosing jobs at some point it would be good to look in then miror

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 11:28 AM
I dont make my living posting on forums. I'm just fan who is tired of the same shit year and year out. Why post all the time? Its ground hogs day for the last 50 years in chiefs kingdom. I want real answers as to why this franchise fails year in and year out. I don't care about butt hurt feelings. It has to make sense somehow, why is this franchise so ****in sake bit? we have changed everything multiple times over and over again. I was told it was the fact we never had a home grown superstar qb, now we have it and now its its something else again. If someone keep getting divorces or loosing jobs at some point it would be good to look in then miror

The audience needs to look in the mirror. Bystanders. Observers.

RealSNR
10-14-2019, 11:28 AM

Clark Hunt was totally going to keep Kareem around until he read chiefsplanet.com and said “These fans demand he be released! I, a benevolent owner, shall release Kareem!!!”

FloridaMan88
10-14-2019, 11:31 AM

Kind of sounds like you are displaying the very same impatient characteristic that you were calling the Chiefs fanbase in your original post/babble.

Chief Roundup
10-14-2019, 11:33 AM

Jesus ever heard of fucking perspective.
Peyton Manning came into the league in 1998 his first super bowl appearance was in 2006.

RealSNR
10-14-2019, 11:34 AM
WHERE WERE YOU ALL WHEN SCOTT PIOLI WAS IN CHARGE?

THATS RIGHT... YOU WERE VISIBLY DEMANDING HE GET FIRED.

AND THATS WHY THE CHIEFS LOST TO THE TEXANS!!!!!!!

13and3
Clark Hunt was totally going to keep Kareem around until he read chiefsplanet.com and said “These fans demand he be released! I, a benevolent owner, shall release Kareem!!!”
He didn't even have to ask when he knows we are the off with his head fan base

Fish
Fan base hasn't a damn thing to do with this current situation. Don't be silly.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Jesus ever heard of ****ing perspective.
Peyton Manning came into the league in 1998 his first super bowl appearance was in 2006.

Would love to see this fanbase and franchise display that sort of patience i have already heard that Patrick mahomes was all smoke and mirrors and pure luck from some dumb fans i talked to this morning at McDonald's. Talking about trading him b4 he looses his value. There is talk about firing spags already. Not going to be too long before we going to turn up the heat on Reid. 610 already playing song from the Philadelphia eagles that ridicules him.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Did you watch the game yesterday?

Did you notice how they called "forward progress" when Ward returned Hopkins' fumble for a TD, so that it wasn't reviewable?

Did you notice how the officials picked up a flag for DPI that basically handed the Texans an Interception on what Mahomes rightly assumed was a free play?

It would've been 31-9 if the refs didn't fuck this team over.

Same thing happened vs the Titans in the 2017 playoffs...

Think about it.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Would love to see this fanbase and franchise display that sort of patience i have already heard that Patrick mahomes was all smoke and mirrors and pure luck from some dumb fans i talked to this morning at McDonald's. Talking about trading him b4 he looses his value. There is talk about firing spags already. Not going to be too long before we going to turn up the heat on Reid. 610 already playing song from the Philadelphia eagles that ridicules him.

That's what you get for going to McDonald's...but Reid does make the same mistakes here that he made in Philly.

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 11:42 AM

People talking shit on Pat? Why didn’t you jam their breakfast up their nose?

Jerm
10-14-2019, 11:43 AM

Get the fuck outta here about patience...this fanbase has been patient enough and had to put up with YEARS of bullshit.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Did you watch the game yesterday?

Did you notice how they called "forward progress" when Ward returned Hopkins' fumble for a TD, so that it wasn't reviewable?

Did you notice how the officials picked up a flag for DPI that basically handed the Texans an Interception on what Mahomes rightly assumed was a free play?

It would've been 31-9 if the refs didn't **** this team over.

Same thing happened vs the Titans in the 2017 playoffs...

Think about it.

Man i been singing that song for years. Gets about as much negative run on chiefs planet as my current shit theory. Its the only topic the kc media routinely shuts down that gets brought up occasionally by the fan base.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Apparently Clark Hunt ripped the team a new one last night.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Get the **** outta here about patience...this fanbase has been patient enough and had to put up with YEARS of bullshit.

We have had to wait for sure but it has nothing to do with us being patient in the process of a gm/coach/draft team building process. Iike when we ran herm out of town for stock piling young talent like we asked him to do.

Fish

Those people are fucking dumb.

lcarus
Apparently Clark Hunt ripped the team a new one last night.

Where'd you hear that? Interesting if true. Well deserved if true.

T-post Tom
10-14-2019, 11:53 AM

OP's "hot take" makes Rufus Dawes look like the bastard child of Albert Einstein and Ernest (or maybe Mariel) Hemingway.

13and3
10-14-2019, 11:55 AM
That's what you get for going to McDonald's...but Reid does make the same mistakes here that he made in Philly.

You call yourself rabble rouser, but its the media that puts narratives out there that dumber uninformed masses of chiefs fans follow behind . The real live it breathe it fans that have a better feel for the team never wield much influence. I dont really think the users of chiefsplant accurately reflect in the generally underinformed dumbassery of the larger mass of chiefs nation.

13and3
10-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Think about it. Fire pioli got started here. I was good with that one. Media didnt start that movement. But every other time its starts with the dumb ass radio talking heads and the larger and more general dumb mass chiefs kingdom eventually falls in line and someone gets fired at arrowhead and then its more fail.

luv
10-14-2019, 12:07 PM
Think about it. Fire pioli got started here. I was good with that one. Media didnt start that movement. But every other time its starts with the dumb ass radio talking heads and general dumb mass chiefs kingdom eventually falls in line and someone gets fired at arrowhead and then its more fail.

If firings happen because of outside pressure, that's on the organization, NOT those applying pressure.

Gravedigger
10-14-2019, 12:09 PM

I love it when people look at problem and say "What can I say that nobody else is talking about so I get the most attention?... Oh wait, I know!"

You know why nobody has talked about this yet? It's not because it's a hot take, or divine wisdom, or an epiphany from the heavens, it's because it's fucking stupid.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Think about it. Fire pioli got started here. I was good with that one. Media didnt start that movement. But every other time its starts with the dumb ass radio talking heads and the larger and more general dumb mass chiefs kingdom eventually falls in line and someone gets fired at arrowhead and then its more fail.

How is that different than the other 31 NFL fanbases?

Or college football fanbases?

Did you suddenly emerge from a time capsule and are just now following the sports talk radio/message board culture of sports in 2019?

13and3
10-14-2019, 12:16 PM
If firings happen because of outside pressure, that's on the organization, NOT those applying pressure.
So we have no role or responsibility in it? I would like to think we got pioli what he deserved. And that happened right here. We needed that then. But we didn't need the defense over hauled cause the media and fan base wanted sutton gone now. At the same time we know andy wanted to stay the course but outside pressure was to great. Now we are down a pass rush and additional picks. I got a question how many here hear dumbshit on the radio and in person all the time from less informed fans and have to set then straight?

13and3
10-14-2019, 12:21 PM
I love it when people look at problem and say "What can I say that nobody else is talking about so I get the most attention?... Oh wait, I know!"

You know why nobody has talked about this yet? It's not because it's a hot take, or divine wisdom, or an epiphany from the heavens, it's because it's ****ing stupid.

Got a question for you. Since this fan base is so great how many people do you suppose are even aware eric fisher is out. Or chris jones, and if they played it would made a difference in the game? How many are just saying fire the d coordinator because its low fruit?

13and3
10-14-2019, 12:28 PM
How is that different than the other 31 NFL fanbases?

Or college football fanbases?

Did you suddenly emerge from a time capsule and are just now following the sports talk radio/message board culture of sports in 2019?
No but im sick as fuck of it leading us down the wrong way everytime. So lets put it out there and maybe we can let the people who know how football run the franchise with out pressure cooker blowing the lid every season. Shit dont fly in new England

Jerm
10-14-2019, 12:30 PM
No but im sick as fuck of it leading us down the wrong way everytime. So lets put it out there and maybe we can let the people who know how football run the franchise with out pressure cooker blowing the lid every season. Shit dont fly in new England

Hmmmm I wonder why that is....

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2019, 12:30 PM
stupid post...been waiting sense 1970

waited long enough...last year was the beginning of another 50 years..
Ownership ship is main issue.
Seats full of hopefuls paying out the yazoo for tickets and parking wearing the high priced NFL license apparel.
As long as the seats are full things stay the same.
The NFLE thing and big gambling run what will happen and where.

Gravedigger
10-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Got a question for you. Since this fan base is so great how many people do you suppose are even aware eric fisher is out. Or chris jones, and if they played it would made a difference in the game? How many are just saying fire the d coordinator because its low fruit?

Everyone knows that Chris Jones is out, he's one of the most popular players amongst the fanbase NOT named Patrick Mahomes. There are basic fans everywhere, in every city who don't pay attention to the injury reports. You picked a great place to come to call the fans idiots and blame us as the reason for the teams woes. This is a Chiefs fan forum, go troll some other board fuckstick.

If you were a Chiefs fan, you'd already know what makes this fanbase great. If you've been to a game at Arrowhead to hear the roar of the crowd, experience the tailgating with the fans, lived through and actually cared about the pain of failure we've had, you'd understand the fans are the last group to blame. Don't pretend like you're a fan because you would've answered your own dipshit questions by now.

I've been a fan since 89' when I was 6 years old, when people who don't know alot about the game ask me questions I don't say "You're what's wrong with football! I bet you don't even know that Eric Fisher is out of the game and what impact he'd have to the game if he were healthy!" Take your pretentious ass out the door and let it hit you on the way out.

srvy
10-14-2019, 12:36 PM
OP is 0and16 in this thread. Good night nurse is there no shame.

13and3
10-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Everyone knows that Chris Jones is out, he's one of the most popular players amongst the fanbase NOT named Patrick Mahomes. There are basic fans everywhere, in every city who don't pay attention to the injury reports. You picked a great place to come to call the fans idiots and blame us as the reason for the teams woes. This is a Chiefs fan forum, go troll some other board ****stick.

If you were a Chiefs fan, you'd already know what makes this fanbase great. If you've been to a game at Arrowhead to hear the roar of the crowd, experience the tailgating with the fans, lived through and actually cared about the pain of failure we've had, you'd understand the fans are the last group to blame. Don't pretend like you're a fan because you would've answered your own dipshit questions by now.

I've been a fan since 89' when I was 6 years old, when people who don't know alot about the game ask me questions I don't say "You're what's wrong with football! I bet you don't even know that Eric Fisher is out of the game and what impact he'd have to the game if he were healthy!" Take your pretentious ass out the door and let it hit you on the way out.

For every person that knows as much as you or me. Or even care to discuss this on a forum there are 30 that dont. If i cant post the dumb assery of larger fan base as whole here where the where do you do it?

I love the experience of game day at the stadium but at some point it has to go beyond beer and barbecue, go beyond the perpetual churning of coaches, players, gms, and next year excuses. I guess maybe i should blame the media, but ultimately we give them power. They use their voice and say its the voice of the people, but is it really?

PAChiefsGuy
10-14-2019, 01:06 PM

Fans don't have enough influence to blame them for the Chiefs problems. Just stop with that. Chiefs failures are on the players, owners, coaches and GMs far more than it is the fans.

Why do people type "could of..." and "should of...." instead of "could have..." and "should have"...?

What is wrong with tattoos? I'd say 80% of NFL players have them. This is the 21st century. You sound like some geeky English professor.. Stupid ****ing post.

Titty Meat
10-14-2019, 01:11 PM
This thread sucks

ScareCrowe
10-14-2019, 01:18 PM

Exactly it's never the fans fault. If the team is making decisions based on media & fans that's on the team for listening to people they shouldn't be listening to.

13and3
10-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Exactly it's never the fans fault. If the team is making decisions based on media & fans that's on the team for listening to people they shouldn't be listening to.

In away you are right the victim is never to blame. My problem is why are we always the victim?

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 01:22 PM

Yet you appear to have not learned a fucking thing.

PAChiefsGuy
10-14-2019, 01:22 PM
In away you are right the victim is never to blame. My problem is why are we always the victim?

Stfu w the pity party. Chiefs haven't won a SB in a long time but they've had a lot of good seasons. It's a game just enjoy it as much as you can and call it a day.

13and3
10-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Yet you appear to have not learned a ****ing thing.
Because I'm an individual. I don't do crowd think. I form my own opinions and try to elicit free thought from others who actually have the capacity to think objectively, creatively and independently. That's how real problems get solved sir. I probably can't learn anything from the likes of you due to you being just white noise with no real voice or original thought

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Got a question for you. Since this fan base is so great how many people do you suppose are even aware eric fisher is out?

I didn't know. Did he tell his family?

Marcellus
10-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Because I'm an individual. I don't do crowd think. I form my own opinions and try to elicit free thought from others who actually have the capacity to think objectively, creatively and independently. That's how real problems get solved sir. I probably can't learn anything from the likes of you due to you being just white noise with no real voice or original thought

LMAO blaming fans who have no control over the play on the field isn't an original thought other than its uniquely fucking stupid.

Your thought process that your "unique" beliefs somehow make you smarter than anyone else reminds of when people tell me to go listen to a certain band because they are "different" than everyone else.

99.9% of the time that is correct, they are different because well, they suck ass.

Rasputin
10-14-2019, 01:42 PM

I resent this :harumph:

13and3
10-14-2019, 01:43 PM
LMAO blaming fans who have no control over the play on the field isn't an original thought other than its uniquely ****ing stupid.

Your thought process that your "unique" beliefs somehow make you smarter than anyone else reminds of when people tell me to go listen to a certain band because they are "different" than everyone else.

99.9% of the time that is correct, they are different because well, they suck ass.

Im sure you fit in most places you go very nicely. You need outside verification i dont. Might make me smarter than you in some phases of life but not all.

Megatron96
10-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Social media/optics is the reason teams and their organizations handle things differently than they did 25+ years ago.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 01:48 PM
So why the fuck are you posting here?

Since you already have it all fucking figured out, what can you possibly expect to learn from anyone on this forum?

Honest question.

KChiefs1
10-14-2019, 01:56 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191014/f7ef69b838c809199a042cb60ae28b6d.jpg

13and3
10-14-2019, 02:00 PM
So why the **** are you posting here?

Since you already have it all ****ing figured out, what can you possibly expect to learn from anyone on this forum?

Honest question.

Trying to open eyes to the larger trend. We have been repeating the same mistakes as an organization for 50 years. We loose, we demand that heads roll, we start all over again. As a fan base we haven't changed our approach or learned from any mistakes. We can't see the ineffectiveness of changing defensive schemes every other year. I want us to get angry about throwing the baby out with the bath water every year just to appease our anger.

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 02:02 PM
Sutton was shit canned for good reason. It’s not like he had just 1 bad season.

13and3
10-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Sutton was shit canned for good reason. It’s not like he had just 1 bad season.
True, i wanted sutton gone too. But we didn't need a full defensive rebuild, waste of money and draft capital. I dont understand why cant we be mad about the overreaction.

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2019, 02:08 PM
… As a fan base we haven't changed our approach or learned from any mistakes …

No irony here at all.

TipRoast
10-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Got a question for you. Since this fan base is so great how many people do you suppose are even aware eric fisher is out.

I didn't know. Did he tell his family?
Best post in the thread.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-14-2019, 02:32 PM
You lost me when you said we should keep Peters...

Chiefs4TheWin
10-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Impatient... We haven't even BEEN to a Superbowl in my lifetime and I'm in my late 30s! Then you see all the talent that has gone through here hindered by stupid mistakes.

I get your "Moral Champions" argument and I agree we need to have some a holes on here to win football games. You can either be a moral champ or a Superbowl champ.

Thank god for hockey, because the Chiefs just can never mix the ingredients just right. Last year was the chance. We had a chance this year and just said fuck it.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-14-2019, 02:52 PM
You lost me when you said we should keep Peters...

This team can't tackle anyways. May as well have the turnovers.

luv
10-14-2019, 02:57 PM
So we have no role or responsibility in it? I would like to think we got pioli what he deserved. And that happened right here. We needed that then. But we didn't need the defense over hauled cause the media and fan base wanted sutton gone now. At the same time we know andy wanted to stay the course but outside pressure was to great. Now we are down a pass rush and additional picks. I got a question how many here hear dumbshit on the radio and in person all the time from less informed fans and have to set then straight?

No, I don't think it was because of us, and, yes, I participated in the black out and contributed to the banner fund. There are multiple facets to every decision an organization makes. All we did was make our voice heard. It was then up to the organization to take our input, plus several other factors, and make the a decision that they felt was best for the organization.

While Andy has a much bigger say in what happens than the fans do, again, his opinion is not the only thing that was factored in to any decisions made by the organization.

Did the organization take some gambles on overhauling the defense? Yes. Was it a necessary gamble? Some say yes and some say no. Just because someone's opinion doesn't match yours doesn't mean they're dumb. They take what they hear and process it just like you do. Just because they come up with a differing opinion doesn't mean they're not entitled to it.

Are fairweather fans annoying? Yes. However, I do not believe they make up a majority of our fan base.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Trying to open eyes to the larger trend. We have been repeating the same mistakes as an organization for 50 years.

Well, don't blame me - I haven't even been alive for 50 years.

We loose

Now, that's a personal problem.

we demand that heads roll, we start all over again. As a fan base we haven't changed our approach or learned from any mistakes. We can't see the ineffectiveness of changing defensive schemes every other year. I want us to get angry about throwing the baby out with the bath water every year just to appease our anger.

If anything, this franchise has been TOO static and too resistant to change.

Jack Steadman was here for almost 30 years. Carl Peterson replaced him and was here for almost 20.

Carl brought Marty in, who installed the WCO with Paul Hackett in 1993 and when Marty left after 10 years, we tried to basically continue the same blueprint and same offensive/defensive schemes with Gunther as HC. When that was obviously failing, he brought in Dick Vermeil, who stayed 5 years, and left WHEN HE RETIRED. Mike Solari stayed and tried to continue the Gillman/Coryell numbers offense as OC under Herm. Herm basically kept the same 4-3 system as Gunther, just with more cover 2/zone than Gunther. That didn't work, so after Trent Green was gone, they brought in Chan Gailey, who ran the Erhardt/Perkins offense, which is what Todd Haley also runs. With Haley came the 2-gap 3-4, which Romeo Crennel obviously also ran, as he was DC under Haley.

Finally, back to a modified WCO with Reid, who brought Sutton with him to run a modified 1-gap 3-4 defense. We had those guys for 6 years, when Sutton left in the offseason, to be replaced by Spaggot Spagnuolo, who installed a 4-3 zone, and that defense is worse than Sutton's.

So, if ANYTHING, we didn't change fast enough when things were obviously not working. Spagnuolo's defense is straight garbage. It was historically bad in NO, and we may have a chance to be worse.

MahiMike
10-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Hot take. This is quite dumb.

13and3
10-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot and a asshat with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot

Fish
10-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot

You're welcome.

FAX
10-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot and a asshat with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot

Don't feel bad, Mr. 13and3 ...

Shockingly disturbing losses like these can affect even the most stable and sophisticated of minds. (As can be easily verified by reading ChiefsPlanet.)

FAX

GloryDayz
10-14-2019, 06:44 PM
stupid post...been waiting sense 1970

waited long enough...last year was the beginning of another 50 years..
Ownership ship is main issue.
Seats full of hopefuls paying out the yazoo for tickets and parking wearing the high priced NFL license apparel.
As long as the seats are full things stay the same.
The NFLE thing and big gambling run what will happen and where.

It would seem as though that's right. We'll never be in a division that gifts the players a bye week, 99% preferred calls from the WWFL's biased officials, and at least six semi-bye weeks; so we'll pretty-much never go into every post season looking for HFA and few injuries, bumps, and bruises.

I fear that last year was our year, but the WWFL's finest chose an excellent time to make a call that could be made on almost every play.

10-14-2019, 07:34 PM
It's my fault. I didn't go to the game this week because my son came to town to visit us.

Baby Lee
10-14-2019, 07:38 PM

Too

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 07:41 PM

You forgot to edit in the proper contextual use of "too" in the phrase "think too hard" when you last edited that post, so, your grammar sucks, too.

13and3
10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
You forgot to edit in the proper contextual use of "too" in the phrase "think too hard" when you last edited that post, so, your grammar sucks, too.
I did notice that 2 but thought only d bags would really care.

arrwheader
10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Yea...this is.....right up there with the Mahomes only cares about his stats and should be traded idiots. Drink antifreeze aids and jump into a shark tank head first.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 08:20 PM
<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1571105994"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/dhzvg7/oc_raise_ya_hand/">[OC] Raise Ya Hand</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs">r/KansasCityChiefs</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

13and3
10-14-2019, 08:26 PM
You know this is a forum, alot of us are on smart phones and have fat fingers. But anyway I'm sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities I'm just a poor ghetto child schooled in the now defunct kcmo magnet schools, the queens english is just a little beyond me.