PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What the Chiefs have become is so frustrating

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Watching a team that can't get off the field on defense as the opponent is very content to hand off and attack the short passing game vs the LB's We end up watching a game where the opponent doubles up the TOP and runs about 90 plays.

Then when the Chiefs get the ball you know if there is one fuckup this shit is over. Offensive shootouts are fun but watching all these games where the opposing team has constantly 10+ play drives to the point of going for 4th downs is just so frustrating to watch.

After yesterday I really felt like I wasted my time, and Mahomes almost feels like an afterthought because he is legit never on the field.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-14-2019, 10:08 AM
Yup go up 17-3 and then seems everyone took the foot off gas. Happens every game no killer Instinct.

arrowheadnation
yep

I don't know if there are even any top end LB's available that we could go after to try and fix this shit show during the season.

FAX
Frustrating?

Unspeakably tragic is the way to describe it.

FAX

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Yup go up 17-3 and then seems everyone took the foot off gas. Happens every game no killer Instinct.

They don't even have to do that, every single team we play is going to hand off 30 times and attack short zones with deep shots. Also if it's 4th and short they'll probably go for it.

All of that means the Chiefs get destroyed in TOP and the offense has to be perfect or the defense is going to be on the field a whole quarter and when that happens it's game over.

lcarus
Our front 7 is a disaster. Especially with Jones out. I knew with him and Williams out it was gonna be even worse. You'd think a line of Clark, Nnadi, Jones and Okafor would be solid against the run. But they're awful.

FAX
The thing that excited me about Mahomes was his ability to "answer" when the opposing team scored or took a lead or got the momentum.

It's not easy to "answer" when you're gagged.

FAX

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:11 AM
Our front 7 is a disaster. Especially with Jones out. I knew with him and Williams out it was gonna be even worse. You'd think a line of Clark, Nnadi, Jones and Okafor would be solid against the run. But they're awful.

Every single LB on this team is horrific. I don't think I've ever seen a worse group, it would be like if you fired up Madden and they all were rated like 47.

New World Order
10-14-2019, 10:11 AM
The fact they did the same fucking running play the entire game makes it even worse.

comochiefsfan
10-14-2019, 10:13 AM
I literally stopped watching the game every time we went on defense. It was making me too frustrated and I had no interest in watching 6 yard runs over and over again for 10 minutes.

Mecca
The fact they did the same fucking running play the entire game makes it even worse.

With a RB that we all said was a horrid piece of shit 2 months ago.

Jerm
The most frustrating part is these issues are the SAME issues we've seen year after year after year and they never get fixed....it's ridiculous.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
The most frustrating part is these issues are the SAME issues we've seen year after year after year and they never get fixed....it's ridiculous.

Pretty much just now they are being exploited more because the offense isn't as good due to injury and teams have decided oh well just hand off.

It's just so awful to watch, how can NFL players be so horrid in basic principles?

Deberg_1990
The thing that excited me about Mahomes was his ability to "answer" when the opposing team scored or took a lead or got the momentum.

It's not easy to "answer" when you're gagged.

FAX

Mahomes is under pressure nearly every time he drops back.

They get in this pattern where they feel like they have to rely on Mahomes to make some miraculous play.

They had a drive yesterday that was more short passes and methodical. They should be doing that more especially with the oline in shambles right now.

The Franchise
I think what’s more frustrating is watching that drive where the Chiefs took 10 plays to get down the field and score. We know they can do it....but then Reid went right back to deep shots over and over again. We don’t have the offensive line or the defense that can do that.

And Erving can get the fuck off this team. The dude is not a LT. If he isn’t letting Pat get hit....then he’s being called for a penalty.

New World Order
10-14-2019, 10:16 AM

I have a hard time believing that a backup preseason squad would struggle to stop the run as much as us.

Something just isn't right.

kcclone
10-14-2019, 10:18 AM
The frustrating part is that there is no answer to fix our defense. We just did a complete overhaul with staff and personnel, and they possibly worse than they were last year.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Here’s a fun fact. The Chiefs has the lowest time of possession of all time at home!!

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Also I don't think I've ever seen a more undisciplined team, the offense has flags constantly then the defense does...

Fuck I hope we never return any kicks or punts because theres a flag every fucking time.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2019, 10:21 AM
I think what’s more frustrating is watching that drive where the Chiefs took 10 plays to get down the field and score. We know they can do it....but then Reid went right back to deep shots over and over again. We don’t have the offensive line or the defense that can do that.

And Erving can get the **** off this team. The dude is not a LT. If he isn’t letting Pat get hit....then he’s being called for a penalty.

Yes. That’s Andy Reid incompetence or just being stubborn. Adjust your game plan if you don’t have all your horses.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Just recall Derrick Johnson’s old ass from retirement. Ever since he left we have sucked ass t run support. I miss his DJ specials where he would fly through and tackle the rb for a 2-3 yard loss. Had at least 2-3 of those a game

Mecca
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Figures<br><br>2018 NE AFCC L 37-31<br>48 runs, 176 yds, 43:59 TOP, 13 of 19 (3rd down)<br><br>2019 at DET W 34-30<br>35 runs, 186yds, 33:55 TOP, 5 of 13 (3rd down)<br><br>vs IND L 19-13<br>45 runs, 180yds, 37:15 TOP, 5 of 14 (3rd down)<br><br>vs HOU L 31-24<br>41 runs, 192yds, 39:48 TOP, 5 of 12 (3rd down)</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1183768608700338178?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is going to be the whole season.

The Franchise
The frustrating part is that there is no answer to fix our defense. We just did a complete overhaul with staff and personnel, and they possibly worse than they were last year.

Nope. If we were 0-6.....then you could fire coaches or bench people. We’re 4-2....none of that’s going to happen.

Shit....we can’t even get coaches grilled by the media. The first question for everyone should be “how is the defense worse than last year?”

And injuries or new system aren’t valid excuses.

KCUnited
10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Starting to look like a banged up Aaron Rodgers Green Bay season.

The Franchise
10-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Yes. That’s Andy Reid incompetence or just being stubborn. Adjust your game plan if you don’t have all your horses.

I legit thought that Reid had figured it out with that drive. Then he went right back to the bullshit.

Mahomes is hurt and he can’t hit those deep throws. Stop fucking calling them.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Also Nnadi Derrick fucking Nnadi played 76 snaps yesterday!!!!! Ragland only played 7! Clark played 70% of the defensive snaps. Niemann played 98% of the defensive snaps

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Also Mahomes is 1-5 when trailing at half, basically says if this team doesn't play with the lead all game, they're fucked.

New World Order
10-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Starting to look like a banged up Aaron Rodgers Green Bay season.

yep

Jerm
10-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Also I don't think I've ever seen a more undisciplined team, the offense has flags constantly then the defense does...

Fuck I hope we never return any kicks or punts because theres a flag every fucking time.

I mean every year under Reid the team is undisciplined and takes stupid penalties all the time...

He's not a hard ass and doesn't hold anyone accountable so no wonder...looks at all the ST gaffes yet we still see DAT, etc. every week.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Lets be real, why is Dave Toub still here? When he first got hired our specials mattered, we saw return TD's and big plays..

Now all we see is penalties.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:30 AM
The fact they did the same ****ing running play the entire game makes it even worse.

And they KNEW it was coming, and still couldn't do a fucking thing about it.

Mecca
And Houston doesn't rock some awesome OL, Watson is in the top 5 for being sacked and holds the ball forever and we still did fuck all.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
And they KNEW it was coming, and still couldn't do a ****ing thing about it.

That’s because they aren’t rotating anyone in. Nnadi played 76 snaps yesterday!!

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:31 AM
That’s because they aren’t rotating anyone in. Nnadi played 76 snaps yesterday!!

No rotation is saving a defense so bad it plays 92 snaps.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Lets be real, why is Dave Toub still here? When he first got hired our specials mattered, we saw return TD's and big plays..

Now all we see is penalties.

When he got here, we had more depth, so blocking was better on STs. Oh, Tyreek Hill was his returner from 2015-2017.

Without Devin Hester or Tyreek Hill handling the return game, Toub looks like some random scrub/JAG who happens to be friends with Reid.

FAX
10-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Mahomes is under pressure nearly every time he drops back.

They get in this pattern where they feel like they have to rely on Mahomes to make some miraculous play.

They had a drive yesterday that was more short passes and methodical. They should be doing that more especially with the oline in shambles right now.

Excellent point, of course, Mr. Deberg_1990.

By "gagged", I mean sitting on the sideline. I could also mention the fact that Hardman and Robinson seem to be psyched out over the last couple of outings. They are not catching the ball when it hits them in their hands.

That's also a little gaggy.

FAX

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:37 AM
I miss DJ. Our run defense has sucked ever since he left. I would play Sorenson more and take out scrub Niemann. Also would play Ragland.

rabblerouser
10-14-2019, 10:38 AM

Who the fuck is left to rotate in? Jones, Williams, and Speaks are out, 2 of then for the season.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:38 AM
I miss DJ. Our run defense has sucked ever since he left. I would play Sorenson more and take out scrub Niemann. Also would play Ragland.

None of our LBs matter, it doesn't matter who plays, they all suck ass.

FringeNC
10-14-2019, 10:39 AM
There is a frustrating issue with the Reid-era Chiefs. First off, it's important to note that our regular season record under Reid has been fantastic -- only an idiot would argue otherwise. The issue I have is that almost all of the Reid-era losses -- regular season but especially post-season is that we get dominated physically in the trenches. That's probably true for most other teams as well, but I don't think it is to our degree. We don't give games away like other teams do -- when we get beat, we're dominated -- especially, on the offensive line. And there doesn't seem to be any accountability there -- Andy Heck's lines suck in the playoffs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:40 AM
None of our LBs matter, it doesn't matter who plays, they all suck ass.

Ragland is suppose to be the best vs the run but he only played 7 snaps yesterday

ModSocks
10-14-2019, 10:42 AM
What's crazy is that there's teams that are actually worse on run defense.

Everytime they say, "Chiefs are 30th in the league against the run" im like, "WTF, how the fuck is there two teams WORSE?"

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Ragland is suppose to be the best vs the run but he only played 7 snaps yesterday

Yea because when Houston wasn't running they were using multiple TE sets to keep the base defense on the field. They then ran plays to isolate the LBs in their zone coverages. Hopkins caught numerous balls in LB zone.

Basically if you showed them nickel they would run, if you stayed in base because of that personnel they were going to isolate the LB's short zones all day. Mixed in some deep shots and they kicked the shit out of the Chiefs.

Will Fuller has any semblance of hands and he goes for 150 and 3 and they win that game something like 41-24.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
What's crazy is that there's teams that are actually worse on run defense.

Everytime they say, "Chiefs are 30th in the league against the run" im like, "WTF, how the **** is there two teams WORSE?"

Which teams are those?

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 10:51 AM

**** I hope we never return any kicks or punts because theres a flag every ****ing time.

Come on, man. When do we start calling bullshit on some of these penalties? If there wasn’t an agenda yesterday, then it was flat out incompetence.

At least two of the defensive holds called yesterday were on plays with literally no contact. The excuse for picking up the flag after the interception was bogus (Ball wasn’t released yet). What an absurdly handled situation that was.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 10:51 AM
we're gonna beat denver and you fucks are still gonna be bitching

TLO
10-14-2019, 10:52 AM
we're gonna beat denver and you ****s are still gonna be bitching

There's a lot of miserable shoe assholes infecting the board.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:52 AM
Packers are gonna ass rape us

kcpasco
10-14-2019, 10:54 AM
We might have 4 possessions against the donkeys. Just pray they can turn those 4 possessions into 28 points.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:55 AM
we're gonna beat denver and you fucks are still gonna be bitching

Just so you know, making the playoffs and losing wasn't what this season was supposed to be.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Next 3 games we face Philip Lindsay, Aaron Jones and Dalvin Cook. God have mercy on us

Mecca
10-14-2019, 10:59 AM
The Cook one is really gonna suck because they are content to hand off every single play.

Mecca
10-14-2019, 11:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> linebacker Darron Lee allowed 69 yards on seven targets yesterday (all caught). Damien Wilson 5-5 for 76 yards. Watson did not complete a pass over 20 yards in the air on KC, but like last year they have been soft underneath in coverage as well as shaky over the top.</p>&mdash; Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1183769802256666624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isolated the LBs in coverage.

Cosmos
10-14-2019, 11:15 AM
When he got here, we had more depth, so blocking was better on STs. Oh, Tyreek Hill was his returner from 2015-2017.

Without Devin Hester or Tyreek Hill handling the return game, Toub looks like some random scrub/JAG who happens to be friends with Reid.

Keeping DAT over Tremon Smith was stupid.

The Franchise
10-14-2019, 11:21 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> linebacker Darron Lee allowed 69 yards on seven targets yesterday (all caught). Damien Wilson 5-5 for 76 yards. Watson did not complete a pass over 20 yards in the air on KC, but like last year they have been soft underneath in coverage as well as shaky over the top.</p>&mdash; Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1183769802256666624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote>

I thought Lee was supposed to be good in coverage but be horrible at run defense?

Does every defensive player have to suck after we fucking sign him?

Mecca
10-14-2019, 11:22 AM
I thought Lee was supposed to be good in coverage but be horrible at run defense?

Does every defensive player have to suck after we fucking sign him?

He's actually not, he had a few moments last year where he got picks that really pumped up his grade. But if you look at his career he's never really been great at anything.

It's why he was traded for a sack of shit.

crayzkirk
10-14-2019, 11:34 AM
I get the wasting time part; after the fumble at the end of the half, I went outside and mowed the lawn. I got back to see nothing had really changed. After the not DPI and interception, I went fishing. Seems like I really didn't miss anything.

The only reason the Chiefs aren't worse on run defense is because they aren't giving up huge runs.

Injuries or not, these are supposedly the best of the best players. How is it that the Chiefs don't ever seem to field a decent team of backups? Anyone recall the strike years and replacement players? Yikes! The Chiefs somehow managed to find the absolute worst of those as well.

Something is rotten in Denmark. And it isn't that fermented herring...

old_geezer
10-14-2019, 11:34 AM

Does every defensive player have to suck after we ****ing sign him?

I think it may be time to quit bitching about the players. Every single player we add to our team seems to perform far worse for us than they did on their previous team. I think our coaching staff has got some "splaining" to do.

Dayze
10-14-2019, 12:33 PM

**** I hope we never return any kicks or punts because theres a flag every ****ing time.

this. don't even bother.
be better off more times than not.

New World Order
10-14-2019, 12:34 PM

They ran that PA out of shotgun then dump it to the TE in the flat over and over.

It went for at least 8 yards every time.

MMXcalibur
10-14-2019, 12:37 PM
This is the stance I take when the defense takes the field:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/tense.gif

I don't get upset anymore, I don't get irate, and I barely flinch when things go wrong.
I know what's coming.....and it fucking sucks.

carcosa
10-14-2019, 12:38 PM
The game gave me BAD diarrhea !!

New World Order
10-14-2019, 12:39 PM

It was like watching a 3 hour public access Ubeja special.

Chief Northman
10-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Not sure where to put this, but perhaps some mild panic setting in at 1 Arrowhead Drive....
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL Rumors Monday:<br><br>◾️Jets have received calls on Leonard Williams and Brian Poole<br><br>◾️Eagles/Chiefs/Bucs/Ravens showing interest in (CB) Patrick Peterson<br><br>◾️OJ Howard on market (Patriots/Texans/Seahawks/Bears/Skins) all snooping around last 7-10 days.</p>&mdash; IB �� (@incarceratedbob) <a href="https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1183735554720129025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties
10-14-2019, 12:54 PM

You're confusing the game with diarrhea of the mouth on CP after

RunKC
10-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Veach better be looking for a strong DL or LB to help stop the run if he wants to salvage this season. This is the biggest reason we are losing.

Unreal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are the first team to allow 180+ rushing yards in 4-straight games since the 2012 Bills.<br><br>They’re just the 2nd team to do so in the last decade, and the 4th team to do so in the last 30 years. <a href="https://t.co/hG3Mr187cv">pic.twitter.com/hG3Mr187cv</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/1183742854763552768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefforlife
10-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Not sure where to put this, but perhaps some mild panic setting in at 1 Arrowhead Drive....
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL Rumors Monday:<br><br>◾️Jets have received calls on Leonard Williams and Brian Poole<br><br>◾️Eagles/Chiefs/Bucs/Ravens showing interest in (CB) Patrick Peterson<br><br>◾️OJ Howard on market (Patriots/Texans/Seahawks/Bears/Skins) all snooping around last 7-10 days.</p>&mdash; IB �� (@incarceratedbob) <a href="https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1183735554720129025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure how thats panic? We have been interested in Patrick Peterson for two years now.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2019, 01:02 PM
Lowest TOP ever for the Chiefs in a game at Arrowhead yesterday...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs&#39; time of possession of 20:12 was their lowest ever for a home game. Houston ran 83 plays to 47 for the Chiefs. Until these numbers even out, things will continue to be rough for the Chiefs. <a href="https://t.co/GbHnzAp0hc">https://t.co/GbHnzAp0hc</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1183490067240816640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2019</a></blockquote>

RaidersOftheCellar
10-14-2019, 01:02 PM

Ah yes, a corner should prevent teams from running for 200 yards.

The Franchise
10-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Their thought is that they can leave Peterson alone to cover one on one and devote more to the run.

carcosa
10-14-2019, 01:04 PM

I mean, if you have a shutdown corner you can afford to overload the box......

New World Order
10-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Sign a couple of FA linebackers. Brandon Marshall is better than anything we have right now. Might as well try.

This shit is horrible.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Leonard Williams is available. Get him immediately Veach!!

Rasputin
10-14-2019, 01:08 PM
What's flustrating is now all of a sudden our Super Bowl aspirations are up in cuffs. We play the Donkies on a short week and we are in trouble if we lose to them fucks. I know we can make the playoffs but I can't deal with losing to the Broncos and their fans that cannot happen :#

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-14-2019, 01:09 PM

Dude... The refs stopped the momentum, we didn't exactly go conservative. Hell, we tried to make something happen with 3 timouts and 40 seconds left in the half...

TomB
10-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Veach better be looking for a strong DL or LB to help stop the run if he wants to salvage this season. This is the biggest reason we are losing.

Unreal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are the first team to allow 180+ rushing yards in 4-straight games since the 2012 Bills.<br><br>They’re just the 2nd team to do so in the last decade, and the 4th team to do so in the last 30 years. <a href="https://t.co/hG3Mr187cv">pic.twitter.com/hG3Mr187cv</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/1183742854763552768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bill Belichick "Stats are for losers". Forget about all that sh*t.

Iconic
10-14-2019, 01:16 PM
The defensive philosophy itself should probably change. Bring the house. Blitz heavily and disguise them better. Keep a safety or two in the box for the run, sell out for that shit. If you get beat who gives a ****? That just means Mahomes and the O will get back on the field. This death by a 1000 paper cuts thing Spags is pulling is actually hurting us more right now.

chiefforlife
10-14-2019, 01:20 PM
The defensive philosophy itself should probably change. Bring the house. Blitz heavily and disguise them better. Keep multiple safeties in the box for the run, sell out for that shit. If you get beat who gives a ****? That just means Mahomes and the O will get back on the field. This death by a 1000 paper cuts thing Spags is pulling is actually hurting us more right now.

Especially for the Denver game. Make Flacco beat you, sell out against the run and we win.

Gravedigger
10-14-2019, 01:20 PM
You start to see what Philly was griping about; we've been seeing it, but now it's almost towards the end for me at least. Patrick Mahomes won't allow the team to go 4-12 to get Reid fired. However you saw how Reid controlled everything over in Philly and it got them to multiple NFC Championships but only 1 Super Bowl and never a championship. There's a reason why you have to ask the question for Andy "Will Andy Reid get into the Hall of Fame?!" If you have to ask the question, part, if not most, of the answer is No.

carcosa
10-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Especially for the Denver game. Make Flacco beat you, sell out against the run and we win.

Yes

FloridaMan88
10-14-2019, 01:25 PM
The defensive philosophy itself should probably change. Bring the house. Blitz heavily and disguise them better. Keep a safety or two in the box for the run, sell out for that shit. If you get beat who gives a ****? That just means Mahomes and the O will get back on the field. This death by a 1000 paper cuts thing Spags is pulling is actually hurting us more right now.

110% this.

Time to end the Death by 1,000 Scratches Defense.

RunKC
10-14-2019, 01:37 PM

That’s exactly what Spags did and they dialed up the quick passes and killed us. It’s basically the same damn thing as running.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Putting Hopkins and Fuller in a stack is gonna create some problems for a defense. Houston turned to it down the stretch to ice today&#39;s game away. Here are some examples. <a href="https://t.co/ENGh53R8Nk">pic.twitter.com/ENGh53R8Nk</a></p>&mdash; Mark Schofield (@MarkSchofield) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkSchofield/status/1183570590084554752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>