PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The 10 O'clock hour is now unlistenable

kcclone
10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
I was never a huge fan of Kevin Keitzman, but I really like Soren Petro. I used to be able to listen to him from 10-2. Then from 2 on I could switch back and forth between Keitzman (when he wasn't whining like a baby), and Carrington.

The new guy on 810 is super weird and goes off on bizarre tangents (trying to be funny and make points I guess?).

Show's shtick gets old fast too.

Titty Meat
10-15-2019, 09:25 AM
K

wazu
10-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Definitely agree. “Bizarre” is best way to describe that show. Recommend just listening to Lefkoe podcasts instead.

Kman34
10-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Yes that show is terrible.. never was a 610 guy but they has chased me other there till Petro comes on..

Chiefs Moon
10-15-2019, 09:45 AM
"Unlistenable" is what I hear from many friends. He's terrible. The week he was off was much better-- his producer is a far better option. His faux outrage and over-amped sarcasm are cringe-worthy to say the least. I've abandoned the 810 mid-day show.

Jerm
10-15-2019, 09:48 AM
The 10am hour has become a choice between a SJW fest on 610 and a complete durr durr brofest Barstool wannabe show on 810....both terrible.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2019, 09:50 AM
All sports radio in KC is awful.

BlackHelicopters
10-15-2019, 10:49 AM
TY.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2019, 11:01 AM
it was worth it

redfan
10-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Why has sports radio in KC been terrible for 20+ years?
With the amount of college and pro teams in the area, this town should have much better coverage and better personalities.

kcclone
10-15-2019, 11:14 AM
it was worth it

It sends a message to the hometown media which nearly ran the Cheetah out of town. I'm good with that part.

For selfish reasons though, it has made KC sport talk radio worse overall.

Hopefully 810 can find someone else besides the new 10-2 guy.

Dayze
10-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Why has sports radio in KC been terrible for 20+ years?
With the amount of college and pro teams in the area, this town should have much better coverage and better personalities.

laziness and $$.

didn't KK used to have Toby Tobin on once a week or something for segment where they talked about grass / lawn care?

and Smoke And Fire segments.
sports talk here they're either in a commercial break, returning from a commercial break where they spend the first 2 or 3 mintues coming back from break talking about the amazing remote they're broadcasting from; maybe talk sports for 5 minutes, then back for another round of commercials. The smooth end of segment transitions where they go right into talking about the roofing company that just installed something for Radio Fatty / or any of other 'endoresments' from Radio fatties. "Guys, do you have ABC issue, well met tell you about XZY. These guys are the best in town. They just did 123 to our house, and let me tell you...my wife and I absolutely love it. They came in, and had everything installed, and I was up and running. No more going to the hardware stor and spending your weekend on 123; just smooth, easy installation. So if you're in the market for 123, give my guys at XYZ a call at 913-radio-whore". Plus all the sponsored segments

it's like a giant infomercial.
throw in trivia, entire segments talking about movies, whatever hot and popular cable tv series, shout it out (...literally, reading texts on air) and local guys who think they're just hilarious (Fescoe)....bringing in an old baseball player to talk about an already boring sport for an entire hour
it's just a lazy, easy, complacent environment. It's why most of the guys who were somewhat decent, move on from KC IMO.

Mecca
10-15-2019, 12:01 PM
2 reasons it sucks, it's either dudes who are from here who get fat and happy because the station knows they won't leave and no one ever gets fired unless they really fuck up.

The other reason is anyone that comes through here that has talent will leave before long because bigger markets pay more money or they want to go national which requires getting out of here.