PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WHO currently on the roster is good at stopping the run?

UChieffyBugger
10-16-2019, 11:25 AM
Because when we know the answer to this question, we will be able to comprehend just what may be needed before the deadline.

Clark= He had a good rep before he came here of stopping the run

Okafor= He too seemed to hold up well against the run from what I remember

Jones= We all know it's not his strength

Nnadi= Last year folks said he done well against the run, this year? Looks like he's regressed

Williams= Had a decent grade against the run in Zona...not sure he's lived up to it here

Kpass= He's tall and has length, but he's never had a reputation of stopping the run from what I remember

Ogbah= Not sure what his strength tbh

Saunders= Known as more of a pass rusher in college

Lee= His strength has been in coverage, not run defense

Hitchens= Really what is he best at?

Wilson= Not impressed thus far as far as stopping guys

Neimann= No chance

Ragland= This system was never his favourite but some Chiefs media folks believe he's decent against the run but garbage in coverage

DOD= Against dump offs maybe but not anything else

So that's pretty much the list right now. Folks say Mcclain is decent so we'll just have to wait and see once he gets on the field. But the bottom line is we really don't have many proven guys In that front seven who are known for being good run stoppers, do we? Nnadi may well be another Veach bust tbh and Jones is gonna do what Jones does. A DT and LB who are proven run stoppers may be what's needed before the deadline I think.

God of Thunder
10-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Because when we know the answer to this question, we will be able to comprehend just what may be needed before the deadline.

Clark= He had a good rep before he came here of stopping the run

Okafor= He too seemed to hold up well against the run from what I remember

Jones= We all know it's not his strength

Nnadi= Last year folks said he done well against the run, this year? Looks like he's regressed

Williams= Had a decent grade against the run in Zona...not sure he's lived up to it here

Kpass= He's tall and has length, but he's never had a reputation of stopping the run from what I remember

Ogbah= Not sure what his strength tbh

Saunders= Known as more of a pass rusher in college

Lee= His strength has been in coverage, not run defense

Hitchens= Really what is he best at?

Wilson= Not impressed thus far as far as stopping guys

Neimann= No chance

Ragland= This system was never his favourite but some Chiefs media folks believe he's decent against the run but garbage in coverage

DOD= Against dump offs maybe but not anything else

So that's pretty much the list right now. Folks say Mcclain is decent so we'll just have to wait and see once he gets on the field. But the bottom line is we really don't have many proven guys In that front seven who are known for being good run stoppers, do we? Nnadi may well be another Veach bust tbh and Jones is gonna do what Jones does. A DT and LB who are proven rub stoppers may be what's needed before the deadline I think.

So.....what you're saying is......?

KC Hawks
10-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Andy Reid is excellent at stopping the run.

loochy
10-16-2019, 11:36 AM

Nobody can stop the run. Everyone we have has always sucked against the run or has recently discovered how to suck against the run.

ModSocks
10-16-2019, 11:37 AM
The Opposing team's O.C.

TinyEvel

On his own offense, yeah.

loochy
IF ONLY WE HAD ERIC "HOBOSPIRIT" BERRY!

MIRITE?

UChieffyBugger
10-16-2019, 11:38 AM

We can't be surprised at what we're seeing IF most of the front seven don't have a reputation stopping the run and Veach needs to address this QUICKLY :evil:

New World Order
10-16-2019, 11:38 AM

MIRITE?

He's still available!

KC_Lee
10-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Only way we stop the run is be up by 21 points early in the 2nd quarter.

UChieffyBugger
10-16-2019, 11:39 AM

MIRITE?

I think he'd put up a better fight than most of the front seven tbh.

dlphg9
10-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Cam Erving is excellent at it. Can't believe how good he is at it.

Flying High D
10-16-2019, 12:25 PM

He hasn’t ran since he could see his Winkie.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Next draft should be nothing but front 7. Mostly linebackers.

Maybe one O-lineman.

lcarus
10-16-2019, 12:40 PM
I feel like eventually we'll get better at stopping the run. At least to the point of not being historically bad. Then we'll be right back to complaining about how we can't stop the pass and have no pass rush.

jimidollar
10-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Joe.

Mecca
10-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Cam Erving is excellent at it. Can't believe how good he is at it.

This is hilarious because Erving spent 2 years at FSU playing DE.

Mecca
10-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Joe.

Mama?

jimidollar
10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Mama?

Exactly! Sorry, I love that joke.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Ogbah is good against the run. I think if we have guys like okafor, ogbah, McClain out there... We'll get terrible qb pressure but our front 4 should hopefully be adequate against the run. I still think adding Pennel or peko makes for a solid run front.

If we land Zach brown and bump hitchens outside our LBs could actually be passable vs the run. I'm also surprised Brandon Marshall is still out there. Sucks in coverage but a decent run lb. All 3 or 4 moves would cost nothing to add.

It will be frustrating that we'll be worse in pass D. But right now we can't stop the run or pass. If we can stop the run we can maybe get creative with blitz packages and take some gambles. More importantly we'd stop getting pummeled in TOP.

ScareCrowe
10-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Only way we stop the run is be up by 21 points early in the 2nd quarter.
So Mahomes is the Chiefs best run stopper?

KC_Lee
10-16-2019, 12:59 PM
So Mahomes is the Chiefs best run stopper?

Be up 3 scores early and the opponent gives up on the run game. It's almost like the D was built with this line of thinking.

Megatron96
10-16-2019, 01:05 PM
Of the defensive lineman, Clark has been the best against the run, at least through the first 5 games. Statistically, runs to his side average less than 3 yards per carry. Everywhere else on the DL, rushers average more than 4yds/carry.

Nnadi was decent against the run last year. He's been good most of the time this year, from what I can tell. But he's had some bad plays as well. Of course, he's in his second or third year? Second system? Still a lot to learn.

None of the LBs played particularly well in the middle against the run on Sunday. 50 and 54 apparently have never played against the run before. 50's recognition skills seemed pretty slow against both the run and pass.

Molitoth
10-16-2019, 01:06 PM
I think Spags is shit.

These players were good on their previous teams.
That many players don't just all of a sudden suck shit because they "lost talent".

loochy
10-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Be up 3 scores early and the opponent gives up on the run game. It's almost like the D was built with this line of thinking.

So it's really the O-line's fault that we get gashed by the run? :hmmm:

KC_Lee
10-16-2019, 01:19 PM
So it's really the O-line's fault that we get gashed by the run? :hmmm:

That and the fact the Andy thinks we can keep running deep pass routes every play and not using the quick lassing game or screens.

UK_Chief
10-16-2019, 01:31 PM
The O line

lcarus
10-16-2019, 02:01 PM
It really doesn't feel like we're lacking that many capable players to be at least average. But stopping the run takes a team effort and it seems they aren't playing well together. Pretty sure Matthieu alluded to exactly that.

FAH-Q
10-16-2019, 02:14 PM
I think Spags is shit.

These players were good on their previous teams.
That many players don't just all of a sudden suck shit because they "lost talent".

Exactly. I refuse to believe all of our freaking players are so woefully inept at playing football that they happened to end up on the same team. At some point there needs to be serious skepticism pointed towards the coaching staff.

Aspengc8
10-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Exactly. I refuse to believe all of our freaking players are so woefully inept at playing football that they happened to end up on the same team. At some point there needs to be serious skepticism pointed towards the coaching staff.

Most of the time, Spags has them 1-gap. Players are in position to make a play, they either don't get off the block or are slow getting to their gap. There is also some confusion I see with mis-alignment, especially when the offense motions a tightend or Hback. I think its a combination of players not being aggressive with their assigned gaps and Spags not bringing more in the box or sending people.

bevischief
10-16-2019, 02:31 PM
What they call cheerleaders on the sidelines...

Gravedigger
10-16-2019, 02:32 PM
Every time Damien Williams gets the ball I think the run has stopped.

BossChief
10-16-2019, 02:34 PM
The ends and secondary are doing their job in run defense. The DTs and LBers (outside of Wilson, who is average) are all trash.

The Chiefs should sign Ellis and Foster to provide help.

MahiMike
10-16-2019, 02:45 PM
I saw Ben Neimann tackle someone.

Warrick
10-16-2019, 03:22 PM
I heard Frank Clark could stop the run before he tore his UCLs...

Hoover
10-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Shady when he fumbles the fucking ball

Chiefs4TheWin
10-16-2019, 03:46 PM
Usually the goal line slows them down after they cross.

TEX
10-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Austin Reiter? Cam Erving? :shrug:

Kman34
10-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Houston is pretty good against the run.. oh..wait a minute... (reading thread title)... opps..

Easy 6
10-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Nnadi is our best run stopper, those who think he sucks or has regressed aren’t watching him... but he can’t do it by himself

BossChief
10-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Nnadi is our best run stopper, those who think he sucks or has regressed aren’t watching him... but he can’t do it by himself

Bullshit.

cdcox
10-16-2019, 09:03 PM

Actually, it was. It does better against the pass. If you have Mahomes as QB, you can expect to be playing with the lead more often than not. In which case, it only makes sense to design the defense to defend against the pass.

If, as many of us hypothesize, the refs make calls in an attempt to keep games "competitive", it is egregiously unfair to a team like KC that is built to get an early lead and just run away with the game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-16-2019, 09:50 PM
If we are running the ball I want Shady or Darrell. Damien should not be the RB moving forward. He’s great as a receiving back yes

Easy 6
10-17-2019, 04:39 AM
Bullshit.

Shut your hole, cletus

MahiMike
10-18-2019, 10:29 AM
I saw Ben Neimann tackle someone.

This.

ChiTown
10-18-2019, 10:32 AM
No matter who the opponent was, the tackling last night was VERY good. That was extremely encouraging.

chinaski
10-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Saunders was pretty effin convincing last night.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-18-2019, 10:45 AM
No matter who the opponent was, the tackling last night was VERY good. That was extremely encouraging.

I didn’t see one miss tackle at all. You know why?? Darron lee only played 2 snaps last night!! Sorenson esentially is now Lee’s replacement. Played 62% of the snaps last night